Elefunk PlayStation 3

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jul 17, 2008
6.2

1. Nov 12, 2010
    excellent puzzle game, gets progressively more complicated as the levels go on.....multiplayer is kind of like jenga.....upon completion of game there is not much replay value...... worth the 10 bucks, provides a few hours of play.
  2. BobbySmallman
    Dec 21, 2008
    Firstly, for those who claim this game is too difficult...nonsense! The game is actually relatively simple, yet complex in that you can achieve the end goal with bonuses by using less girders etc.
    Overall it is a very solid game, not to mention it only cost $4.99 to own.
    Overall it is a very solid game, not to mention it only cost $4.99 to own.

Biggest complaint, lack of a creation mode...I would also like to have seen a mode in which you can build infinitely large straight horizontal bridges for your elephants.
  3. TomS
    Jul 22, 2008
    I really love the puzzle approach that this game takes. The graphics are quite good and the music is sufficient. The learning curve starts out a little steep; but once you catch on, you're able to focus on speed and efficiency instead of just the solution.

There are a couple annoyances that I just can't seem to get over though. The replays are a nice and expected touch; but there is no control of the replay. You can't save it, share it, fast forward, rewind, or change the speed; and yet, you are allowed to change your zoom levels. Speeking of zoom, I think it should have been more fine tuned to allow more than just the three levels (all the way out, mid-way, and way too close). Finally, they should have implemented a way to lock the view onto an elephant while running the course because it's far too difficult to manage your view while paying attention to everything you need to watch in order to figure out what's going wrong and how to fix it.

Overall, it's certainly worth the $5 price and I'm having a great time playing it. Hopefully they can patch it to fix some of my compaints, and then it would be a AAA budget title.

1. Elefunk is a puzzle game with which both architects and normal gamers will have much fun. The building of bridges needs insight, but are never impossible to solve. More levels would have been nice and we also had some trouble with framedrops. Anyway, this game is well done.
    Elefunk is a nice, addictive puzzle title with enough levels to make it worth the initial download.
  3. For anyone into their puzzle games it’s a well crafted, tough little title with decent presentation, neat controls and (hopefully) the prospect of downloadable treats in the future. See you on the scoreboards!