Enemy Front PlayStation 3

6.0

1. Apr 13, 2015
    I never though I would score 0 on any WW2 FPS shooters, but here's the day it happened.
    First, let's start off from the beginning: I didn't really bothered to check if this game was any good, I just pulled it off the shelf and bought the damn thing. Even the salesman or shop assistant, whatever he's called, said to me: "Are you really buying this?". Yep, I knew something was wrong.
    Alright then, gameplay next:
    1. Well, it's CryEngine 3, and I've played Crysis 3 a lot, so I thought the game would be well optimized and that sort of stuff. WRONG!!! This game's FPS are all over my apartment, 20-40 FPS with insane lag spikes at key moments. Even me and my CryEngine 2 can make better maps than that stupid developer! (better regarding AI, textures, stealth paths, sniper positions).
    2. The worst ****ing hitboxes ever! You can't hit a running guy if you aim at him or in front of him. I got lucky shots only aiming behind them. And again, because I am a hardcore Battlefield and Call of Duty sniper, just when I thought I missed them, I see they drop dead. I was like: "I AM THE BEST" (lol, no, not really).
    3. Alright, they STOLE the Sniper Elite "loud zone where nobody hears you", but it's not optimized and the enemies STILL HEAR YOU!!! I tried shooting about fifty times in that loud zone and they still heard me.
    3. HOSTAGES! Yeah, you heard me, you can grab an enemy by their throat with your knife. I really stumbled across this and I was like: "Shoot me now Nazis!". True, they killed me every time I tried this. As it turns out, they don't shoot you on sight but after about 5 seconds they just magically shoot you in the face and you die, no matter how you're keeping the hostage, they're shooting through him and the hostage still doesn't die.
    4. Melee kills have NO SOUND, and enemies drop dead instantly, even worse than in Battlefield 3.
    5. This is Playstation 3, if you didn't notice. I have a lot of games, each with their own button layouts and other stuff, but I always modify these because I'm not used to them. NOT IN THIS GAME! I don't know what the developers where thinking, but you can't be used to THE DEVELOPER'S PERSONAL LAYOUT! Crysis 3 had a great layout I didn't even want to change it but this? You can only view it, not change it.
    6. They said stealth. When I HEAR STEALTH, I either think at Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell or Crysis. But no, their stealth is running nuts, and every enemy that doesn't look at you, are deaf. Or another "stealth" example is hearing me standing still, while he's 5 meters away and not looking at me.
    7. You can throw stones to distract enemies. SO WHAT!?! I ALREADY HAVE SNIPER ELITE I DON'T NEED ANOTHER ONE!!!
    8. CryEngine written all over the damn game but the textures are so horrible in some cases that you just want to kill yourself. Another thing, the edges of the screen are a bit blurred out, I don't know if this is to increase or decrease frame-rate, but I think it's to stop you see bad textures. Also, facial expressions: crap. If someone wants to lip-read one of the Nazis they might end up with this: "I want pasta restaurant cheeseburger now."
    9. The storyline is boring. I got bored since the intro. In the first mission, they just drop you in a fight directly. No tutorial. Also, it seems mostly borrowed from other games, like the third missions seems a bit too common.
    10. They said full arsenal. SAID. I only got 4-5 guns in the beginning until middle-game. Then I found a few more but not more than 9. When you say ARSENAL, I think at least 5 guns of each type: Pistols, Assault Rifles, SMGs, Machine guns, Shotguns, Snipers etc. But no, this isn't that type of game. I understand, yes it is a WW2 game but really?
    11. Whoever reviewed this game for 9 points, they must be the same, mentally retarded person that doesn't give a **** about his fish-like English or this game. My dog speaks English better than that grammatical failure! They can't be anyone else than the developer, because who cares about this game!?! If you want a REAL WW2 shooter game, go get Medal of Honor and Call of Duty 2, and maybe other I didn't know about, just not this.
  2. Jun 14, 2014
    Why I give a zero:
    Because the two reviews giving a 9 were clearly written by the same person. The over-praising of the game and stereotypical grammatical mistakes make me conclude a developer of the game wrote them. I find that a very, very low thing to do.
    They have to accept they launched an average to bad product. Don't waste your money- I believe others here already give a good
    Why I give a zero:

They have to accept they launched an average to bad product.
    Don't waste your money- I believe others here already give a good explanation why. If you want to experience WW2, dust one of the older games off, watch a film or grab a book. Don't buy this.
  3. Jun 10, 2014
    Let me start by saying I love ww2 games and really miss them, but it's hard to look past all the glitches and choppy frame rate. Story isn't that great but it pushes the game forward in an alright way. The game definitely has some good ideas taken from such games as far cry and saboteur and succeeds with the open sand box levels later on in the campaign but it does take some time to getLet me start by saying I love ww2 games and really miss them, but it's hard to look past all the glitches and choppy frame rate. Story isn't that great but it pushes the game forward in an alright way. The game definitely has some good ideas taken from such games as far cry and saboteur and succeeds with the open sand box levels later on in the campaign but it does take some time to get to those levels. Graphically, the game is quite poor. For using the cry engine the game fails and I was greatly disappointed. The shooting physics work well and for the most part the ai is smart but never really challenging. One thing I really loved was the soundtrack for the game, I feel like it made me continue around the countryside more happily then it should have. I would recommend this game to ww2 lovers but there really isn't much to come back for other than different play styles such as stealth or run n gun. Everyone should try it and judge it for themselves but it's a rental not a purchase. Expand
  4. Jun 11, 2014
    In my opinion the game is not bad, rather challenging and not as short as other shooters released in the last couple years. The graphics are not the best given that they used the CryEngine. There are places with low resolution textures that look quite bad for a 2014 game. I am mostly giving it a 7 due to the fact that it is a WW2 shooter game in world of modern shooters. There was a timeIn my opinion the game is not bad, rather challenging and not as short as other shooters released in the last couple years. The graphics are not the best given that they used the CryEngine. There are places with low resolution textures that look quite bad for a 2014 game. I am mostly giving it a 7 due to the fact that it is a WW2 shooter game in world of modern shooters. There was a time when most FPS games were WW2. I really like WW2 shooter and there has not been one in the last couple years except for let's say Wolfenstein New Order (that is mostly an alternate history FPS than a WW2 FPS except for the introduction). There is nothing extraordinary about this game but shooting Nazis in a WW2 background is really nice. So this is mostly a 6. I gave it 7 due to the story and timeline. Also the soundtrack is really great and it fits the game nicely. Expand
  5. Jul 2, 2014
    Its good to have a WW2 shooter again that isn't your typical COD or MOH, but this game on PS3 is riddled with technical issues.

Poor textures, Poor Shadows, Poor Facial animations, constant frame rate drops, jerkiness, tons of jagged edges and that's to name a few. The game is near unplayable at times due to these issues causing problems with aiming and shooting. CryEngine 3 does

CryEngine 3 does run like crap on PS3 and Xbox 360, but Enemy Front is the worst for it.

Another problem, you can only have one primary weapon and a sidearm, which is STUPID. Why can't we swap the pistol with another gun, this would surely increase the tactical freedom that Crysis 2 and 3 managed.

The AI is however really clever, they see a dead body they'll investigate, you can however shoot an enemy when there's planes overhead, and there's a few ways to approach each objective so Stealth is an option.

If you are to get this game, get it on PC, it looks better and runs better. Avoid the console versions.
  6. Jul 8, 2014
    This game was atrocious. The gameplay wasn’t tight and responsive; it was SLOW, TEDIOUS and BORING. Graphics were incredibly, incredibly sub-par -that I even had to double check the cover of the game that it actually was a PS3 game and not some Nintendo or PS2 game. I don’t know what had happened here, but the whole game proved disappointing. Missions were average, storyline was meh,This game was atrocious. The gameplay wasn’t tight and responsive; it was SLOW, TEDIOUS and BORING. Graphics were incredibly, incredibly sub-par -that I even had to double check the cover of the game that it actually was a PS3 game and not some Nintendo or PS2 game. I don’t know what had happened here, but the whole game proved disappointing. Missions were average, storyline was meh, overall -- BLERGHHHH? If you want to kill Nazis, please, please stick with Wolfenstein. Please! Expand
  7. Jun 25, 2014
    Everything in this game - from the trailers to its price just screams out what this game is - a low budget classic WW2 shooter. No bells or whistles, absolutely noting unique about the mechanics or settings - just the same stuff that was seen in all WW2 games before. Think COD 2 Big Red One and World at War or Medal of Honor serie. For some reasons it also reminds me of Project I.G.I. ThisEverything in this game - from the trailers to its price just screams out what this game is - a low budget classic WW2 shooter. No bells or whistles, absolutely noting unique about the mechanics or settings - just the same stuff that was seen in all WW2 games before. Think COD 2 Big Red One and World at War or Medal of Honor serie. For some reasons it also reminds me of Project I.G.I. This is the same simple stuff: just killing Nazis with a A LOT of weapons. The graphic is a mixed bag - overall it is not bad - not jaw dropping, but very picturesque sometimes, on the other hand the game is also full of low res textures. The developers are not very clever and they offered the ruined Warsaw as the first game experience. The ruined city looks rather ugly. The french or norwegian part of the game play looks so much better. Ai is dumb like in other shooters, not better not worst. The campaign is rather short, i was playing all night and i finished it on medium in about 10 houres. I had not encountered any game breaking bugs or crashes, once or twice textures took to long to load. The best part of the game is the story - it is rather compelling for a FPS, especially in a one that is not an AAA title. Gameplay-wise it is just old good shooter - they tried to implement stealth and sabotage as an alternative approach to the missions but who the hell cares if you can just load the MP40 and shred Nazies with that or headshot them with a Mauser? It also has a multiplayer mode, rather casual one for max 12 players. One thing I noticed - you die really really fast in multilayer while the single player campaign is rather easy on medium. Well, the multi is full of hackers anyway and there are only 3 maps so no point to bother with this mode. Expand
  8. Jun 11, 2014
    Utter garbage, frame rate is all over the place, texture pop in, lackluster voice acting. Don't even get me started on the complete useless online. At most you can find 3 people playing..thats total! You pick a map and thats the map that keeps replaying over and over, it doesn't even give you the option for the damn map to be random each game. You literally have to back all the way outUtter garbage, frame rate is all over the place, texture pop in, lackluster voice acting. Don't even get me started on the complete useless online. At most you can find 3 people playing..thats total! You pick a map and thats the map that keeps replaying over and over, it doesn't even give you the option for the damn map to be random each game. You literally have to back all the way out and choose the other map you want from main screen. I have showed a red 1 bar ping on any game i have managed to join. Hit detection or lag, can't figure out which has made it an absolute test of my nerve to even play the few games i have found. Empty a clip in someone from 10 feet and nothing. Step behind a box to reload to try again and they manage to hit you with one shot from a pistol. Even as bad as bound by flame was at least it had bits and pieces of charm to enable me to enjoy it here and there. This game is utter garbage and the company should shut their doors for putting this steaming pile of crap out. Of course if i looked at the other two known games from this company sniper ghost warrior and sniper 2 i should have known what to expect. Save your money for sniper elite 3 next month. That company knows how to give you a fun game on a budget. Expand
  9. Jun 28, 2014
    Coming from a true fan of WWII games, I enjoyed the game. But the severe over-hyping of the game by developers for failed promises such as breathtaking graphics and heart-pounding, never-ending gameplay really takes its toll on a game's score, especially after you get your hopes up.
  10. Jun 19, 2014
    this game is not very good played about one hour and glad i havent paid for this its WAY TO EASY i mean pistol 1 hits no need for any other gun enemys are special shall we say dont hide and when they do hide half there body sticks out graphics are never a problem since its story and overall gameplay this game falls flat and is a flop 5/10
  11. Jun 11, 2014
    For me this game is good. I give 9 because I missed to WWII shooter game and Enemy Front have very nice story. Graphics is not important think in all games. Here I vary like soundrack it's matched to what is happening around.
  12. Jun 11, 2014
    I rate highly, because of the story. And I love the atmosphere WW II, it does not bother me that the graphics are not at the highest level. Recent materials, as for me, great. :). This also reminds me of the old CoD or MoH. The better will be played in EF.
  13. Jun 10, 2015
    This game could have been something if more effort was put into it. There are plenty of faults with it, even for a budget title. Enemy Front explores the Polish Resistance, something which hasn't been explored in WW2 games. You are an American reporter writing about what's happening there, only to find yourself caught up in the war. Yet near the end of the game, you find yourself inThis game could have been something if more effort was put into it. There are plenty of faults with it, even for a budget title. Enemy Front explores the Polish Resistance, something which hasn't been explored in WW2 games. You are an American reporter writing about what's happening there, only to find yourself caught up in the war. Yet near the end of the game, you find yourself in Germany destroying factories and secret weapons singlehandedly. Like what are you, a reporter or a supersoldier? Voice acting is also bad, but this, the story and your character can be forgiven in a budget game. The gameplay is the main problem. Level design is good and mostly open-ended, you can tackle objectives in almost anyway you want. Stealth or guns-blazing? You decide. But the game gives no encouragement for stealth. I mean, you can mow down enemies easily anyway, so why do stealth? It's better to do guns-blazing. What the game should have done is to have a skill tree, where you can decide whether you want stealth abilities (like quieter movement) of combat abilities (like increased health), like Far Cry 3. And the AI is downright stupid. Every German will charge after you. They have little to no sense of hiding behind cover. Frame-rates are also a problem.

This game is a rental at best. After playing through, you may not want to play it again. And even if you do, just only the levels where you fight alongside the resistance.
  14. Jan 5, 2015
    Another WW2 shooter. It's all been done, that's why there are so many futuristic shooters now. This has been done better so many times and has been done so much better. The game wasn't all bad, the graphics were nice and the story but we don't need another WW2 game.

1. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Aug 26, 2014
    Among the rubble there are elements of what could be a good game, but it's not worth your time to excavate them. Technically disastrous, it lets down its own story. [Sept 2014, p.111]
  2. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Aug 25, 2014
    Everything we loath about Eastern European developed games, and nothing we like. [September 2014, p70]
  3. Aug 6, 2014
    Enemy Front tries to narrate the Second World War through an unusual perspective, but it fails because of a terrible gameplay and an impressive amount of bug and glitches.