Everyday Shooter PlayStation 3

• Also On: PC
7.3

1. BenjaminW
    Jan 14, 2010
    Five years or so ago, expecting the same level of brilliance that was 'Rushmore' and 'Tennenbaums', I pretended to laugh my way through 'The Life Aquatic', because I simply thought I was supposed to (and much like when I saw 'Tennenbaums', I was the only one laughing in the theater and it made me feel superior). In reality, 'Aquatic' was a Five years or so ago, expecting the same level of brilliance that was 'Rushmore' and 'Tennenbaums', I pretended to laugh my way through 'The Life Aquatic', because I simply thought I was supposed to (and much like when I saw 'Tennenbaums', I was the only one laughing in the theater and it made me feel superior). In reality, 'Aquatic' was a boring, uninspired mess of a movie that, while it had some promise, it was simply not very good. While I may have laughed along at the time, I was forced to admit a few years later to my future wife that yes, it was in fact a giant waste of film stock. Now, take those comments and apply them to reviews of "Everyday Shooter'. It's just not a good game, and those that say it is are either lying to themselves and/or have bought into the idea that 'artistic' games have merit simply on the grounds that they are artistic. Don't waste your five dollars. Buy Gravity Crash instead. Collapse
  2. AndyV
    Jul 9, 2008
    It would seem that grant missed the point of this game in his review, this game while being a twin stick shooter shares little in common to something like geometry wars & blast factor. Those are very much pure game experiences where as Everyday shooter is more of an experience something along the lines of rez and flow. The focus is more about your interaction with the levels and music on It would seem that grant missed the point of this game in his review, this game while being a twin stick shooter shares little in common to something like geometry wars & blast factor. Those are very much pure game experiences where as Everyday shooter is more of an experience something along the lines of rez and flow. The focus is more about your interaction with the levels and music on a deeper basis and the emotions it evokes, it Expand
  3. infekt
    Mar 7, 2008
    Reminds me of the good old days when gaming graphics and sound was so simple that gameplay had to be excellent for a game to be compelling. This game's got class.
  4. AndtrewH
    Feb 15, 2008
    I too was a little surprised at how the game feels. The idea is good, but I was left feeling a little robbed. I know this game was made by 1 guy, but it feels cheap, and unresponsive to a point, as a previous comment suggests. The firing is not a pure 360 degrees but is only 8 directions N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, NW. This is frustrating. I don't know what I expected but after getting I too was a little surprised at how the game feels. The idea is good, but I was left feeling a little robbed. I know this game was made by 1 guy, but it feels cheap, and unresponsive to a point, as a previous comment suggests. The firing is not a pure 360 degrees but is only 8 directions N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, NW. This is frustrating. I don't know what I expected but after getting hooked on Super Stardust HD, I cannot see the same happening for EDS. I expect i might rate if differently if I had played it when it was released in US (not 5 months later - Europe release), cos there was far less choice of alternatives, but now, as far as re-playability goes, Stardust wins hands down. Mainly due to the online scoreboards of Stardust, and EDS's lack thereof. Expand
  5. MontyG
    Feb 3, 2008
    One of the more original, artistic games to be had. Nothing really compares to it (except perhaps Rez) and you WILL dream about these levels at some point after playing.
  6. johnm
    Feb 2, 2008
    Any amazing experience that is a must for anyone who loves both ship shooters and music based games
  7. Grant
    Jan 25, 2008
    I'm surprised this game is so highly reviewed. I didn't think it was that interesting, challenging, or aesthetically appealing after playing it a few times. There are quite a few games similar but superior to this in the Playstation store; I'd recommend trying out their demos, picking your favorite, and skipping this one completely.
  8. SandyM.
    Nov 26, 2007
    While other overhead shooters seem to require an ability to twitch as fast as a 10 year old boy after a Halloween candy overdose, Everyday Shooter plays at a pace the 30-plus gamer can keep up with. Discovering the more complex scoring system for each new levels is an added bonus the older gamer will appreciate.
  9. anonymous
    Nov 22, 2007
    Easily the best individually created game of our generation. As simple as lines, this game delivers past the point of entertainment. This is genius in a creation of intuitiveness and interaction. If you have the option to buy this game, do so! Guaranteed you will not be dissapointed.
  10. Mike
    Nov 8, 2007
    Great, original title. Everything from the sound, design, visuals, gameplay ... everything was done in such an interesting and original way. Every level has a completely different look and completely different scoring system (chaining system), it's up to you to 'explore' the levels and figur out how to score. The only problem I had was that the aiming seemed to be Great, original title. Everything from the sound, design, visuals, gameplay ... everything was done in such an interesting and original way. Every level has a completely different look and completely different scoring system (chaining system), it's up to you to 'explore' the levels and figur out how to score. The only problem I had was that the aiming seemed to be incremental, instead of full 360 degree control. (16 firing directions, but I could be wrong on this point) Expand
  11. DanielH.
    Nov 3, 2007
    Amazingly simple. This harkens back to giving us a game that is just plain fun. While awesome graphics make me go "OOOO" with the rest of them, compelling gameplay like this is much more satisfying that mere eye candy!
  12. LarsS.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Loads of fun, good price point, very entertaining, plus unlockables. Who knew someone could do something innovative with a DAS.

Even those that aren't particularly fond of the genre may enjoy this title, given its unique design and execution. While the game does have its problems, it's still very fun to play.
    Though the sometimes frustrating difficulty and occasional pacing misstep taint the experience slightly (it would be nice to have longer moments of respite between the busier levels), Everyday Shooter succeeds wildly as an engaging shooter for the art-house crowd, and a creative change of pace for the hardcore-shooter crowd.
  3. Everyday Shooter is an intensely creative and challenging take on the dual-stick shooter genre.