5.8

1. Apr 5, 2013
    Race, karting, fun. All these elements are in this game. I can't understand people complaining of the power-ups. They're "mostly" well-balanced except that rocket power-up that flies you to first place. I just love the challenge in this game and play again and again if I fail. Because it's FUN. And fun is what I look for in a karting game. The graphics are alright (it's good that they're not better otherwise the frame wouldn't be that good). I'd give it something like 8 but due to the ridiculous animosity, I prefer a 9). Expand
  2. Nov 16, 2013
    As a massive Mario Kart 64 addict back in the day, I rather enjoy this game. It's a lot of fun, the tracks are very well mapped out and have great scenery to them and it's a good balance between fun and challenging.

Some of the weapons are indeed overpowered, as others have mentioned, but the basic objective remains the same learn the track, get a good start, get to the front and stay
    there via good driving You might (will) get hit by a few missiles but if you drive well you'll win the race the weapons are there to make it more fun in my opinion... and you'll be grateful of getting a warp to 2nd place when you've had a terrible start and are lagging in 12th with a barely functioning car!

On that note, the pit stops are extremely well done most of the time you don't even lose places you just have to check your car when they're coming up and dive off the course for a few seconds.

Overall this is very playable, a lot of fun and I'm glad I bought it

1. Jan 24, 2013
    A benign but relatively feckless take on the whole kart-racing thing. Fun, but too lightweight. [Feb 2013, p.72]
  2. Jan 12, 2013
    The game itself is in need of a good bit of work. [Issue#226, p.82]
  3. Despite being a kids game, F1 Race Stars uses its license to the bone. Cars are properly branded and colored with the right sponsors and every driver of the 2012 season showed up, plus four imaginary drivers, including three women. [January 2013, p.74]