8.1

1. Oct 16, 2013
    Gameplay is not that great. Repetitive. It's not really that funny. Load times are ridiculous, like comically ridiculous. I'm surprised more people haven't taken this game to task for that.
  2. Apr 18, 2014
    Blood Dragon takes the solid mechanics of Far Cry 3 and condenses it into a much shorter yet even more mindless spinoff. The overall creative direction of Blood Dragon is a throwback to the cheese of 80s action movies, which some people cite as a major selling point, but I personally found it dull and uninteresting. The entire game takes place at nighttime, with lots of neon colors thatBlood Dragon takes the solid mechanics of Far Cry 3 and condenses it into a much shorter yet even more mindless spinoff. The overall creative direction of Blood Dragon is a throwback to the cheese of 80s action movies, which some people cite as a major selling point, but I personally found it dull and uninteresting. The entire game takes place at nighttime, with lots of neon colors that weren't nearly as pleasing to look at as the vibrant island paradise of the main game. The addition of dinosaurs was a cool idea, but once you've killed one you've killed them all. Overall, this is just a dumb little sideshow to waste away a few hours, and I pity anyone who actually paid money for it. Expand

1. In case you still do not get it, Blood Dragon is a roller-coaster ride through a magical land filled with high-explosives and anything (and we mean literally anything) that even remotely refers to the action packed, but campy eighties. [May 2013, p.93]
  2. May 27, 2013
    For anyone who yearns for the days of Knight Rider, new-wave, big hair and cyborg arms, Blood Dragon is an essential bit of bizarre nostalgia. [Issue#231, p.85]
  3. May 22, 2013
    Even though it runs out of gas near the end, the outrageous weapons, offbeat setting, the intentionally cheesy lines, and fast action make Blood Dragon an enemy of cookie-cutter tyranny everywhere.