Far Cry 3 PlayStation 3

8.5

1. May 24, 2015
    This is GTA goes to the jungle. I actually had a lot more fun with this game than with GTA. I found it doesn't take itself too seriously and the wild animals really get you scarred and worried. I got frightened on more than one occasion by wild unexpected attacks. It was awesome.
    I loved how the maps can be bought (within the game) to help you find things needed to 100% the game, rather than tedious exploring which quickly gets boring. The variety of side challenges, quests and high score levels all polish it off.
    Overall this game is just fun to play. You won't want it end.
  2. Nov 6, 2013
    I can't even begin to describe how great this game is. Open world to explore, good selection of weapons, animals to hunt, stealth gameplay that works amazingly, and a wingsuit. The plot is decent, nothing to write home about. The gameplay is really fun and fluid. The visuals are some of the best on consoles. The multiplayer is fantastic as well.
  3. Mar 2, 2014
    Really good game. PROS: story, gameplay, graphics, audio, world. CONS: Framerate, pop in textures, co-op, multiplayer. Ending is a little weak but overall great game
  4. Jul 8, 2013
    Wonderful game. I do not play alot of games, as I enjoy the GTA series and things of that nature and hate 1st person games. However this game is great. Great story, characters, graphics, etc. Love it.
  5. May 28, 2013
    This is a great fun game with a really good story. The game is only about 15hrs. but worth anything you want to pay for it. For an aging PS4 the graphic are pretty good but there are a lot of frame drops in the game.
  6. Aug 7, 2013
    I simply hated FC2 and needless to say that i was sceptic about this one. But the main reasons i hated FC2 were solved in this installation. The endless driving and respawning guard points. Instead FC3 has hostile guard posts that after freed become safe havens and fast travel spots. Brilliant. The visuals and the gameplay are flawless and the storyline holds together almost to the end.I simply hated FC2 and needless to say that i was sceptic about this one. But the main reasons i hated FC2 were solved in this installation. The endless driving and respawning guard points. Instead FC3 has hostile guard posts that after freed become safe havens and fast travel spots. Brilliant. The visuals and the gameplay are flawless and the storyline holds together almost to the end. The end itself well... let's just say that it crumbled too fast in a clumsy way. Exception made to the helicopter mission (does anyone heard about a film called Apocalypse Now?). It puts a smile on your face. But then again the rest is awesome and Vaas steals the game in terms of character. Great villain, scary and unstable. Expand
  7. May 22, 2016
    Amazing game ! I had no expectation for that one and was gladly surprised ! It kinds of remind me of Read Dead Redemption but in first person shooter on an island instead of a third person cowboy.
  8. Dec 7, 2013
    Amazing game, you're free to do want you want, all the missions are really different (hunting, sneaking between enemies...). Many interesting side missions. Just great
  9. Mar 9, 2013
    Farcry 3 is a pretty fantastic mix of everything average gamers look for in modern games. Farcry 3 features many different optional missions that will urge you to explore Rook Island without totally derailing you from your mission. I wouldn't call it linear by any means, It is "open world" but not so open that it is intimidating, the game despite having options made available to veer fromFarcry 3 is a pretty fantastic mix of everything average gamers look for in modern games. Farcry 3 features many different optional missions that will urge you to explore Rook Island without totally derailing you from your mission. I wouldn't call it linear by any means, It is "open world" but not so open that it is intimidating, the game despite having options made available to veer from the main quest are not so overwhelming that you feel you will never complete them. Farcry 3 allows you to choose just how long you want to spend exploring the island, some days I just dedicated them to removing all those diamonds off my map or making all the red go away! The menu also has this very handy log that lets you know just how much of what you have left before collecting rewards, something that I was very grateful for. The controls aren't wonky or awkward, I personally did not experience any lag or long load times. The visual setting is beautiful and the combat is typical but not in a boring way. It's not a complicated game but it will def keep you engaged in it for periods much longer than you would expect. In it simplicity lies it's genius. It gives you the feel of your own island where you do whatever the hell you feel like doing but not so much that you get distracted from the plot. I thought it was absolutely fantastic, simple, functional, and just generally fun. I have and will continue to recommend this game to my friends. I give it a 10 because I don't feel there is anything to improve on. Game on! Expand
  10. Apr 29, 2013
    FC3 is one of the best games i have ever played. How can you not like a game that incorporate wildlife so well? It's fun and very immersive world but not overly intimidating to new comers.
  11. May 1, 2013
    Vaas is the greatest villain ever.. smuff said. Vaas is the greatest villain ever.. smuff said. Vaas is the greatest villain ever.. smuff said.
  12. Mar 6, 2013
    I fell in love with the game. The graphics (in a lot of times you find yourself enjoying the island`s view) are wonderful, the gameplay are impressively great, since I`m not a fan of first person shooter games. But it`s the story and its depth that are the cherry on the top. The characters are charismatic (especially the villain Vaal), the plot never goes where you think it`ll go (andI fell in love with the game. The graphics (in a lot of times you find yourself enjoying the island`s view) are wonderful, the gameplay are impressively great, since I`m not a fan of first person shooter games. But it`s the story and its depth that are the cherry on the top. The characters are charismatic (especially the villain Vaal), the plot never goes where you think it`ll go (and that`s good), an the unpredictable ending(s) makes you keep thinking about the island long after you finished the game. Expand
  13. Mar 20, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is without a doubt my pick for the best game of 2012! To begin with, the island, or should I say islands, are massive and beautiful! I've never seen such detail in such a large map. The storyline is top-notch, as it cleverly shows a man on the verge of insanity. There is so much to do in this game, such as killing and skinning animals, play mini-games like car racing and poker,Far Cry 3 is without a doubt my pick for the best game of 2012! To begin with, the island, or should I say islands, are massive and beautiful! I've never seen such detail in such a large map. The storyline is top-notch, as it cleverly shows a man on the verge of insanity. There is so much to do in this game, such as killing and skinning animals, play mini-games like car racing and poker, and, my favorite, completely destroy enemy pirates in countless ways (my favorite is running them over). However, beating out all of those features are the villains, Vaas and Hoyt. They are two of the best villains I have seen in a long time. This game is fun, thrilling, and humorous, and will have you playing again and again. Far Cry 3 is a can't-miss! Expand
  14. Apr 13, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is a freaking awesome game!!! Its got great multiplayer, great co-op and what matters most to me... an amazing story! and on top of all that, the graphic are absolutely stunning! The only thing that kinda disappointed me was that i thought the two ending choices could have played out a little more with like another mission or something... but still its a great game that everybodyFar Cry 3 is a freaking awesome game!!! Its got great multiplayer, great co-op and what matters most to me... an amazing story! and on top of all that, the graphic are absolutely stunning! The only thing that kinda disappointed me was that i thought the two ending choices could have played out a little more with like another mission or something... but still its a great game that everybody needs to play! Expand
  15. Mar 23, 2013
    Exploring the in-game island of Far Cry 3 is a great joy, making this game easily the best shooter of the previous year. Far Cry 3 is a huge success. It looks absolutely stunning. The game feels alive, especially when you see predator animals acting realistically. They can attack you and your enemies. And what's more impressive, is that it's different from It's predecessor, in a good way.Exploring the in-game island of Far Cry 3 is a great joy, making this game easily the best shooter of the previous year. Far Cry 3 is a huge success. It looks absolutely stunning. The game feels alive, especially when you see predator animals acting realistically. They can attack you and your enemies. And what's more impressive, is that it's different from It's predecessor, in a good way. Read the full review here: http://www.gamespot.com/far-cry-3/user-reviews/805378/platform/ps3/ Expand
  16. Mar 25, 2013
    this game is awsome you are 45 hours in the single player and you can still do so many things till you come to 50 hours than your finisht and its fun to play again the replay is very high.
    and you have a very funny coop its fun to play and you have 6 chapters with the free dlc 8 so there is much to play.
    the multiplayer is hard but fun becouse you can make your own map and that is just awsome.
    so you can play maps of other people and those maps are most fun.
  17. Mar 30, 2013
    Free roaming, non-linear, look great and you decide what you want to do and where to go next this is what games in 2013 should be. Best game I've played all year.
  18. Apr 1, 2013
    Esse jogo ta incrivelmente magnifico. Os gráficos estão simplesmente espetaculares, e eu ainda não consegui completar o single player de tao GRANDE e de tão REALISTA que SIMPLESMENTE SENSACIONAL!! Recomendo vivamente!!!!!
  19. Apr 4, 2013
    Really good game, stunning graphics and plenty of scope to play the game in your own way, whether it be an all out assault of a stealthy approach. Special mention for Vaas the main antagonist of the game, great character...one of best bad guys in recent times.

Also in a way this game sort of reminded me of Assasins Creed, with the climbing towers to reveal parts of the map, side missions and race missions. At the same time the need to hunt and gather items is a little like Red Dead. If you like either of those games then you'll like this.
  20. Apr 24, 2013
    A brilliant game from start to finish. A griping story line that you can't get enough of and have no idea what you might encounter next.

The side missions and extra actions that you can take part in such as hunting for animals, picking plants, collecting relics and mini games such as target range, knife throwing and even Texas Hold 'em Poker. All of those are rewarding and fun, there is no sense of having to grid through something just to get to the fun parts of the game, because it's all good.

The competitive multiplayer, whist not the best is still worth a few hours playing around with. It has some nice features that aren't found in any other games of the genre, but other than that it's rather generic FPS multiplayer that can't compete with the big titles but easily trumps the rest.

The only negative I have to say about this game is it's Co-op, the idea was there but the time and effort seems not to have been. It's filled with glitches and has a repetitive collections of missions and is easily miss-able. If you feel you need to sit through it to get the trophies (Like I have done) then you will loose a little love for the game, but it's still sits as a solid 10/10 and is 1 of only 3 games that I think earns that.
  21. Apr 25, 2013
    I love this game so much. I know it's really late but I just joined so whatever. First of all, the story is extremely immersive and mixes violence, a little humor, drugs and a ton of guns! The gameplay is fun and has stealth and action so you can do one or the other, or mix it up a little. Things ranging from stealth takedowns to wingsuits make this game an extremely awesome ride! The oneI love this game so much. I know it's really late but I just joined so whatever. First of all, the story is extremely immersive and mixes violence, a little humor, drugs and a ton of guns! The gameplay is fun and has stealth and action so you can do one or the other, or mix it up a little. Things ranging from stealth takedowns to wingsuits make this game an extremely awesome ride! The one bad thing for me is the lack of sidequests. Other than that, this is an extremely mind-blowing experience! Expand
  22. Apr 29, 2013
    So, i just finished this game about a week ago and have been going around the island and finishing up side quest. Far Cry 3 is one of the best shooters of 2012. I has a great story, interesting characters, an amazing environment, and fun gameplay. You play as Jason Brody, a young man who got captured by pirates with his group of friends, now you must rescue them and get off the island. ISo, i just finished this game about a week ago and have been going around the island and finishing up side quest. Far Cry 3 is one of the best shooters of 2012. I has a great story, interesting characters, an amazing environment, and fun gameplay. You play as Jason Brody, a young man who got captured by pirates with his group of friends, now you must rescue them and get off the island. I must say, this game has some very good voice acting and character models. Vass is easily one of the most funny and unforgettable bad guys of all time. It was also nice seeing Jason change as a character throughout the game. The game has some awesome gameplay too. You can upgrade your skills by leveling up, you can customize your guns, hunt animals to make equipment and ammo, drive, glide, or swim around the island, and just enjoy the Beauty. Multiplayer and Co-op are also a nice edition to the game and can keep you busy for a good while, of course, the single-player is the best part about Far Cry 3. Overall, Far Cry 3 is an amazing game, and you should play it. Expand
  23. Dec 31, 2013
    If I could, I would give this game an 8.5, but alas Metacritic forces me to pick between and 8 and a 9. I ultimately went with an 8. The game is fairly large, but unfortunately the biggest problem here is that much of the wild is simply not worth exploring. A large host of weapons can be utilized throughout the game, and each has a different and distinct feel to it. The game let's you playIf I could, I would give this game an 8.5, but alas Metacritic forces me to pick between and 8 and a 9. I ultimately went with an 8. The game is fairly large, but unfortunately the biggest problem here is that much of the wild is simply not worth exploring. A large host of weapons can be utilized throughout the game, and each has a different and distinct feel to it. The game let's you play how you want. For those preforming a speedrun, the campaign can be run through without much thought otherwise, but those who want to experience all the game has to offer will be able to hunt, capture enemy bases, visit radio towers, race, preform supply drops, etc. Expand
  24. May 22, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is an immensely gorgeous open-world shooter that is nothing revolutionary, yet It still succeeds to be an entertaining game. Exploring the in-game world, while less immersive than It's predecessor, It's still terrifically satisfying and extremely enjoyable. But why it isn't impressive enough? While it's story mode mostly is a success, Far Cry 3 suffers from a pretty linear,Far Cry 3 is an immensely gorgeous open-world shooter that is nothing revolutionary, yet It still succeeds to be an entertaining game. Exploring the in-game world, while less immersive than It's predecessor, It's still terrifically satisfying and extremely enjoyable. But why it isn't impressive enough? While it's story mode mostly is a success, Far Cry 3 suffers from a pretty linear, unsatisfying co-op and an unoriginal multiplayer. Also the story, while enjoyable, It has some dull moments. But with the deeply enjoyable story mode, amazing graphics and a great cast of characters, Far Cry 3 is a success. Expand
  25. May 31, 2013
    This game is truly awesome and pure INSANITY! MP is the only downfall for the game, but the single-player story is amazing! You'll have fun with the characters to, especially the coolest bad guy of them all: Vaas! Its SKYRIM with GUNS! What more is there to ask for?
  26. Jun 17, 2013
    Well, what can I say that hasn't already been said. The game is brilliant. Engaging story, crazy story arcs and amazing scenery. Far Cry 3 is one of the most fun games I have played. Most the best but certainly up there.

Hunting is fun, the skill trees are a good progression system and the gameplay is smooth as silk. Overall, Far Cry 3 is a great bit of fun and well worth the money.

Overall, Far Cry 3 is a great bit of fun and well worth the money. And Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon... oh man. That game is awesome. It builds on what was already great. If you can pick up both, go for it!
  27. Jul 3, 2013
    There are a few reasons why Far Cry 3 is a good game, a great game. The graphics are amazing, the world is huge, real, and scary. The villain is great, superb voice acting, Vaas is great, but Jason on the other hand is poor, poor voice acting, and does not seem believable, especially his motivations. It is a fun FPS, the game has a good multiplayer, but the two islands and animal life andThere are a few reasons why Far Cry 3 is a good game, a great game. The graphics are amazing, the world is huge, real, and scary. The villain is great, superb voice acting, Vaas is great, but Jason on the other hand is poor, poor voice acting, and does not seem believable, especially his motivations. It is a fun FPS, the game has a good multiplayer, but the two islands and animal life and the story gives this game what it needs to be a great game. Expand
  28. Jul 5, 2013
  29. Aug 18, 2013
    Every once in a while, a shooter comes along that blows your socks off. This is one of those shooters. It presents excellence at every turn. There's so much to see, and do and a lets you approach a task however you see fit.
    Beautiful visuals, great sounds, a fantastic story and so much to experience ensures a long time spent playing the single player over and over again.
    It has its own

It has its own multiplayer campaign, with its own story and colourful characters. And FREE dlc! It's no nonsense blasting that presents a good challenge and satisfying shooting, that will see you and three others working together to get back a stash of stolen cash. I particularly love the addition of competitive challenges in every level; Quad bike and jet ski racing, sniper range and so much more.

The competitive multiplayer is the weakest aspect, but still good fun due to the ability to play custom made maps and upload your own creations.

Buy it, play it, and play it again. Far cry 3 is a must own.
  30. Aug 9, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is a great game with great graphics, gameplay, and story. When it was shown at E3 with a gameplay demo I think at that point everyone realized that this game, that wasn't very known at the time, could have a chance at game of the year. (It did not win..I know.) The graphics are great on this engine that Ubisoft was using for this game. The environment felt so real with theFar Cry 3 is a great game with great graphics, gameplay, and story. When it was shown at E3 with a gameplay demo I think at that point everyone realized that this game, that wasn't very known at the time, could have a chance at game of the year. (It did not win..I know.) The graphics are great on this engine that Ubisoft was using for this game. The environment felt so real with the animals not always being in the same area every time you approached them and also with them having the ability to have smart AI for just creatures. The lighting was good with the trees and grass looking great for such a big game.
    Gameplay wise the bow and arrow was so fun to use in this game. Stealth was my best friend in this game and for some reason I always felt like Rambo when taking on an outpost. Guns felt shaky at times though, where I thought the gameplay took a small hit. The free roam aspect of the game was great in this game just like Far Cry 2. It felt as if they did it better in this game with it being an island though.
    I loved the story in my opinion even though at times I did find myself saying, "Well that was too easy," or "Really, that's all?" Even with that I liked that I actually felt something for the main character's friends and even if the game would let me roam, I didn't want to because in my head there was a time clock for their lives. The main character and villains in this game were written well I think, but the supporting characters...not so much. You will know what I mean at times in the game.

I would completely recommend buying this game. It's fun and has a great story but if you're looking for great multiplayer I wouldn't play it here.

Great! 8.5/10
    Aaron
  31. Sep 30, 2013
    Overrated game, however it is still a pretty good game! The story is pretty interesting and has one awesome villain! The guns are really cool to and the multiplayer is pretty fun. BUT, the game is buggy as hell! Maybe ubisoft has patched it since i played it last time but then it was pretty buggy.
  32. Aug 26, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is an amazing game with a big free roaming world with a variety of animals, weapons and bad guys.It's a survival game with a vast world and a new amazing story.Its gameplay is different from Far Cry 2 and one thing that they have added is animals that you can skin them and make a variety of things, like ammo pouch.The multiplayer is good and difficult.The co-op is funny to playFar Cry 3 is an amazing game with a big free roaming world with a variety of animals, weapons and bad guys.It's a survival game with a vast world and a new amazing story.Its gameplay is different from Far Cry 2 and one thing that they have added is animals that you can skin them and make a variety of things, like ammo pouch.The multiplayer is good and difficult.The co-op is funny to play with your friends and talk with headsets.Generally i believe that Far Cry 3 is the best Far Cry ever. Expand
  33. Sep 13, 2013
    This game feels complete in every aspect. Graphics, sound, gameplay and story. It's a AAA title and a must have for all the fps gamers. It's an open world paradise with a very interesting story and nice character development. The shooting mechanics are solid with a variety of many weapons and options to customize them. The only problem is the lack of challenge after spending your points inThis game feels complete in every aspect. Graphics, sound, gameplay and story. It's a AAA title and a must have for all the fps gamers. It's an open world paradise with a very interesting story and nice character development. The shooting mechanics are solid with a variety of many weapons and options to customize them. The only problem is the lack of challenge after spending your points in the skill tree. You will become overpowered making things very easy later in the game. Expand
  34. Oct 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game blew my mind. There is so much to do, so many things to explore. The ocean being the most terrifying with its bull sharks. The open world is fantastic and fun. I really like this game, though I think the story is decent but some of the characters are good and easy to relate to. Vaas is a fantastic villain. His voice acting is incredible and his writing is some of the best I've ever seen. While the quick time event boss fights were a bit lame, I didn't find them too bad. Also, there's two things I find disappointing about this game. His name is Hoyt Volker. Hoyt replaced Vaas as the main villain halfway through the game and everything just becomes less exciting. The ending, as well, isn't that great. However, I would definitely recommend this game. It's stunning. Expand
  35. Dec 26, 2013
    I have played a lot of games this year, but Far Cry 3 was definitely the game that kept me enjoyed far longer than any other game I have played.
    Overall, a very beautiful game. I really enjoyed in general the contrast between the (at times fairly grim) story and the sunny landscape. Ubisoft really made work of creating original antagonists and put some nice variation in the main storyline. So in short, a very enjoyable & lengthy single player campaign.
    Multiplayer is split in two parts. There is the (online) coöp multiplayer which also presents a (shallow) story which lets you go through a new campaign with four players. Quite enjoyable overall and good difficulty rating.
    Than there is the competitive MP, there are some variations but you can find the majority of the players in team deathmatch. Overall, there are at times a few technical difficulties (long loading times, screen freeze) but in general well worked out.
  36. Oct 25, 2013
    It's good. I like the skill tree. I like the combat (options). I like the story. And I like the big map you can explore. The only downside is the graphics. While it has its pretty moments, it can get very ugy at times. All in all I can say Far Cry 3 is a well done PS3 Game which is worth your money.
  37. Nov 5, 2013
    This game has a great story and a beautiful, big open world! If you love open world games, then you should definitely buy this! So much to do in Far Cry 3... Hunting, collectibles, Take a boat and just go anywhere you want... Then why not a 10 or 9? The MP isn't a lot of fun and the co-op hasn't got a quite exciting story either
  38. Nov 18, 2013
    This game would be another mediocre FPS if not for the story and the truly amazing visuals, but the ending is harshly disappointing (more than ME3 XD), and the gameplay has many flaws.
  39. Dec 5, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game, the graphics are good, the story is good and its difficulty is prefect. You cant go wrong buying this game i havent put enough words in this so im just going
  40. Nov 20, 2013
    Bien, para ser un juego tipo shooter y sanbox es un juegazo, uno de los mejores del año, aunque para mi es juego del año Goty sin duda (aun no jugue al AC3) Jugabilidad: de lo mejor del juego, es divertido, engancha desde el principio, es facil de manejar, al poco tiempo parece que lo has jugado desde siempre, la Isla es inmensa, la trama hace que te enganches y quieras saber que masBien, para ser un juego tipo shooter y sanbox es un juegazo, uno de los mejores del año, aunque para mi es juego del año Goty sin duda (aun no jugue al AC3) Jugabilidad: de lo mejor del juego, es divertido, engancha desde el principio, es facil de manejar, al poco tiempo parece que lo has jugado desde siempre, la Isla es inmensa, la trama hace que te enganches y quieras saber que mas sucede. Tecnologia: El juego en general es muy fluido, no tuvo ningun error, ni lag ni nada por el estilo, al menos yo no aprecie nada de eso (el juego lo tengo por descarga) Gráficos: Son excelente, aunque algunas texturas son un poco casi PS2 como pasa en Resident Evil 6, pero en general unos graficos excelentes, con gran detalle, para que la Isla parezca tener vida propia. Sonido: El dobaje al español es simplemente excelente, de lo mejor que he visto hoy en dia, como habla Vaast, Hoyt o Jason...simplemente genial, el ambiente sonoro de la Isla te hace parecer aue estas en una de verdad, simplemente genial. Innovación: Este apartado lo borda, nunca jugue al 1 y al 2 solo el principio, pero no conozco ningun juego que sea Shooter/Sandox en una Isla repleta de animales (Osos, Tiburones, Tigres, Cerdos...etc) los cuales puedes matar, cazar... Conclusión: El mejor juego del año de largo para mi es Far Cry 3, aunque aun me queda por probar Assassins Creed 3, pero dificil tiene que supere esta obra maestra. PD: Para pasarme el juego completo y conseguir el Platino he tardado 30 horas, sin contar la mitad de las misiones secundarias y los modos cooperativos y multijugador, por ello, un juego muy completo y recomendable 100% compra obligada Expand
  41. Dec 13, 2013
    I just started playing this game and I am already hooked. There are no dull moments. On several occasions I have come close to jumping out of my chair and run down the hall screaming like a little girl. crocodile, sharks). Very intense graphics and mechanics pretty nice.
  42. Dec 9, 2013
    Geniales Spiel
    Sehr Sehr gute Story gameplay macht einfach nur Spaß
    vor allem die Piratenlager guter umfang mein persönliches lieblingsspiel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  43. Jan 5, 2014
    I got this game for my 19th birthday I love it but I must say it is bloody hard though and the missions were quite hard as well but its a amazing game
  44. Jan 9, 2014
    Honestly, this is one of the greatest games I have ever played. It's an open world where you have infinite choices and the story is great. A true masterpiece !!!
  45. Feb 9, 2014
    Perfect. There is literally no other word to describe this game. Graphics that puts XBOX ONE launch titles to shame. Gameplay that is always unique. An amazingly diverse world, a great story, fantastic characters all with amazing preformances, perfect physics and overall just a very fun game and one that i strongly recommend to any FPS fan looking for something beyond just multiplayerPerfect. There is literally no other word to describe this game. Graphics that puts XBOX ONE launch titles to shame. Gameplay that is always unique. An amazingly diverse world, a great story, fantastic characters all with amazing preformances, perfect physics and overall just a very fun game and one that i strongly recommend to any FPS fan looking for something beyond just multiplayer speaking of which even the multiplayer aspect of this game is done to absolute perfection with its own separate story with multiple characters to choose from. Need I say more plus now its only 30 or 40 bucks which is a huge steal. Expand
  46. Feb 19, 2014
    This game is amazing. I love the environment the game provides and the combat is cool (getting in / out of cover and melee etc.) I like the single player / free roam of the island, a lot of variety of animals with their own AI and enemies in suitable places! The co-op multiplayer is really fun when you are together, it features good minigames throughout the missions.
    In my opinion, this
    In my opinion, this game is familiar with dead island. Same style and animation & its scenes are great!
    But what I don't like about the game is the frame rate, it's slow and it makes me extremely uncomfortable (like around 20 - 30 fps) it makes me dizzy over time and I just feel like playing anything else.
    The melee like I said is great with the knife and all, there are a variety of customizable weapons which are cool! The game is ok, but the frame rate is a big con for me...
  47. Mar 15, 2014
    I have to say I just bought this game used having previously played Farcry 2. Unlike Farcry 2 which can get boring and repetitive around halfway, this game entertained me the whole way. Great fun, bags of stuff to do. I'd recommend to anyone and it's a guarantee that you'll love it
  48. Apr 6, 2014
    A must have. Everything is perfect, the island, the weapons, the playability. Maybe the second island and the end was what I liked less. Anyway, a great game.
  49. Aug 11, 2015
    Far Cry 3

Game-play : The FPS mechanics in this game are excellent with the stealth option and a lot of weapons to support your play style and an environment that can be use as your advantage or even against you, you will be lost in this great world for hours. Story : The story is great an epic adventure in an island and the greatest villain of 2012 will entertain you for 13 to 14
    Far Cry 3

Story : The story is great an epic adventure in an island and the greatest villain of 2012 will entertain you for 13 to 14 hours .

Graphics : The graphics are great like the rest of the game .

Notes : This game have a huge map and lot of weapons to make you feel like bad-ass and an excellent crafting system. So why this game scores 8 and not 9 or 10 ? Because of the radio towers i do not see the need to make all ubi-soft games assassin's creed more importantly the side missions are boring as hell , the online has nothing special except the creation mode witch you can make your own map to play and last but not least some point in the story that i do not what to spoil for you. This game is great and worth the full price.
  50. Oct 7, 2014
    "It's like skyrim with guns" No Far Cry 3 is like Call Of Duty and Grand Theft Auto mixed together. Far Cry has almost everything a good First Person shooter should be like. Magnificent story, great world design, amazing graphics, acceptable A:I, and a map creator for multiplayer. This is a perfect shooting game.
  51. Jul 4, 2016
    Excellent game however campaign relies on side missions or you will fail.

PROS
    -Decent graphics
    -variety of guns
    -excellent voice acting
    -thrilling story

CONS
    -Too many side missions
  52. Jan 21, 2016
    This game as one of the best villains made in the history of gaming! Far cry 3 is a good FPS, with a good story and great graphics. There are moments the you literally just "BOOM" (that's the sound of your mind exploding). I totally recommend this game 8/10 (Multiplayer is almost dead at the time of this review so...yeah - but it was pretty good and responsive.
  53. Jan 22, 2015
    Even now,when the franchise is now a quadrilogy . FarCry 3 is still the best out of the 2 that came before it and even it's sequel (FarCry 4) . Jason is good,as a protagonist but the main impact here is on Vaas . Oh my God,Vaas is so well done . Better,lesser or equal to the already "BEST VILLAIN OF THE YEAR" contender,which is Handsome Jack from Borderlands 2. But with that said,UBISOFTEven now,when the franchise is now a quadrilogy . FarCry 3 is still the best out of the 2 that came before it and even it's sequel (FarCry 4) . Jason is good,as a protagonist but the main impact here is on Vaas . Oh my God,Vaas is so well done . Better,lesser or equal to the already "BEST VILLAIN OF THE YEAR" contender,which is Handsome Jack from Borderlands 2. But with that said,UBISOFT really did their best on this game and they suceeded greatly with nearly no errors at all. Just small gameplay issues or just issues with the main "UPGRADE" system . (THE RAKYAT UPGRADE-not really its official name) .

Overall,this game deserves an honest 9/10 . Damn near to perfect if not for the small mishap in the story of the main campaign and just some basic issues with the main gameplay. (Their minor,you won't even know about it)
  54. Jan 22, 2015
    This game was so good. The setting was amazing, i loved the tropical open world. Animals were exotic and sometimes deadly. VAS was an awesome villain! A comical serial killing psychopath. As you progress through the game you learn more moves and become stronger as the chosen warrior. Setting 10, Story 8, Characters 8, gameplay 9
  55. Apr 30, 2015
    So here we are again with another instalment from the Far Cry universe that definitely goes beyond the previous games. With a relatable protagonist, a story that truly draws you in from the very first moments of the game, Far Cry 3 also contains a very sturdy game engine that almost makes it the perfect game. It just flows so well from the first to the last level... and the vehicles areSo here we are again with another instalment from the Far Cry universe that definitely goes beyond the previous games. With a relatable protagonist, a story that truly draws you in from the very first moments of the game, Far Cry 3 also contains a very sturdy game engine that almost makes it the perfect game. It just flows so well from the first to the last level... and the vehicles are just awesome. Expand
  56. Jan 22, 2016
    Far Cry 3 has been out for quite some time now but I didn't get around to play it till about 4 weeks ago. I had already played Far Cry 4 before I started playing Far Cry. I expected this game to be pretty much the same as Far Cry 4 in terms of gameplay and open world since Far Cry 4 has been criticized quite a lot with being a total 'Far Cry 3 copy' in terms of gameplay. However, Far Cry 3Far Cry 3 has been out for quite some time now but I didn't get around to play it till about 4 weeks ago. I had already played Far Cry 4 before I started playing Far Cry. I expected this game to be pretty much the same as Far Cry 4 in terms of gameplay and open world since Far Cry 4 has been criticized quite a lot with being a total 'Far Cry 3 copy' in terms of gameplay. However, Far Cry 3 blew me away. Sure, a lot of things were indeed exactly the same or even a bit worse (since it was an earlier installment in the series of course), but the gameplay just felt great again just like it did with Far Cry 4. Also, the open world big enough to have quite some fun exploring and roaming around. But the thing Far Cry 3 really outshined on was the story. Far Cry 4 really disappointed me with the story but Far Cry 3 did (almost) everything right. The story was fun, exciting and really worth to play through. However, some aspects of the story were pretty vague and never really explained. I also felt they could have ended the game a bit better than they ultimately did but it was still pretty good.
    But then, on my way to the platinum, there was the ultimate fun destroyer: the co-op missions. Not because I don't like co-op in general, but because Far Cry 3's co-op is one of the worst I've ever had to play through. The co-op mission were boring, and when playing online, two of the six mission-trophies glitched on me. When I played them online again up to three times, they kept glitching -_- . Finally I found someone who was willing to play those two mission offline with me which finally granted me the platinum trophy.
    If not for the horrible co-op missions, I would have given Far Cry 3 a 9 for enjoyment. If you still have/want to play Far Cry 3 but don't intend to go for the platinum trophy, please skip the co-op missions :P.
  57. Aug 14, 2015
    Having read most of the reviews for this game I decided to give it a try.. It turns out that this game is one of the best games Ubisoft has ever made!!! With stunning visuals, compelling storyline amazing characters (for instance Vaas) , lots of things to do ,even after the main story is over , I strongly believe that this game deserves 10/10!!! Of course if you're done with the campaignHaving read most of the reviews for this game I decided to give it a try.. It turns out that this game is one of the best games Ubisoft has ever made!!! With stunning visuals, compelling storyline amazing characters (for instance Vaas) , lots of things to do ,even after the main story is over , I strongly believe that this game deserves 10/10!!! Of course if you're done with the campaign you can always try out the multiplayer and the co-op modes!!! To sum up , this game really redefines the open world games and the entire genre ,as it has numerous things to do, and you should clearly give it a try !!!! Expand
  58. Feb 24, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Go and get this game right now, I beg you! It's an amazing game, without a doubt. If you've enjoyed Far Cry 4 or Primal, then this is definitely worth your time. If you're a newcomer to the series, then this is also a great starting point. In this game you play as Jason Brody on vacation at a island with his best friends and two brothers. Pretty great, right? Wrong. This game turns dark fast, as you realize that Jason and his friends have been captured by pirates, and their leader, Vaas, who is a psychopath. You're one brother, who has had military training, then breaks free of his restraints and helps Jason out of his. They then sneak around the pirate camp to try to set their friends free, but that comes to a close as Jason and his brother get spotted. As they're trying to run, Jason's brother gets shot and dies, leaving Jason on his own to survive. Pretty awesome exposition. At the very beginning, Jason is a civilian, a victim of these pirates, but by the end, he is transformed into a ruthless killer who starts to even question himself. And that's what I love of this game, the sense of morality. In Far Cry 4, you just go to Kyrat and start killing people. The main character, Ajay, never questions himself and thinks about who he's killed. But Jason does, and that's what makes this game perfect. By the end, he even goes as far as calling himself a monster. But, with that aside, the game mechanics are also great. The shooting is better as ever, the hunting is good (though not as good as Far Cry Primal's hunting), and the missions are refreshing. As the game goes on, Jason is tasked with trying to save his friends and take down the pirate leader, Vaas, and later Vaas' boss. And the graphics are BEAUTIFUL! They really are. The tropical island setting is very well portrayed through these graphics. Then, there are also two other modes in this game: co-op and multiplayer. In co-op, you can play with up to 4 people as 4 brand new characters who don't appear in the campaign at all, which is a great addition, because you learn a new story. The co-op is very fun to do, especially with friends, because you can have a lot of fun. And the multiplayer is surprisingly good, especially for a game series that has never had a competitive multiplayer mode. It's very fun and refreshing when most competitive multiplayer games these days are just Call of Duty re-skins. This game is worth every penny that they're asking you for it right now, and I can say that you should go buy this game, whether you're a veteran to the series or a newcomer, get this game! Expand
  59. Apr 25, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The good: Story is amazing. Gunfights, tactics, upgrading basically all of it.
    The Bad: When you kill the boss you feel the game is missing something.
    The game has been set up really well.
  60. Jul 22, 2016
    far cry 3 is the best far cry game yet some peapls saying the second one is better just because the map editer i dont about the map editer or all that **** because they are wrong there are spoilers in these review because the game releised before 4 years so you been played the game so lets talking about the gameplay u feel yourself bad ass u can takedown enemys shooting throwing molotovfar cry 3 is the best far cry game yet some peapls saying the second one is better just because the map editer i dont about the map editer or all that **** because they are wrong there are spoilers in these review because the game releised before 4 years so you been played the game so lets talking about the gameplay u feel yourself bad ass u can takedown enemys shooting throwing molotov greande and c4 the had alot of weapons and awsome skill points or your tattoo are helpful and let the gameplay alot fun like making takedown and launch the greande in enemys pocket and kick there ass or making 3 enemy in the same time the game had a solid stealth mechanic u can hunt animals alot animals or pick up syring kit to craft them the greenleaf to regenerate your health bar and animals for crafting animals skin to craft your wallet to pickup more money or rootsack to hold more stuff and u can them in the shop the game it self had amazing graphics and stuuing visual u can ride vechles like cars boats and baggi the openworld is big tons of acctivities and detail u can play with your friends co op the includs a pointless multplayer it just not that great okay when u finish the game u unlock the wingsuit which is very great this game is **** awsome one of the best games in the year Expand
  61. Feb 2, 2016
    In my opinion this is the best game of 2012 and the best game in the Far Cry series. This is because of the amazing open world and the great story although it was not perfect it could get a bit repetitive in some parts of story for example there were a lot of very slow missions were you have to sneak round with out being seen now I am fine with this but I think there were slightly to many of them.
  62. Mar 9, 2016
    Its g8 m8, I rate 8/8. I must say... i dont h8. hvor er det du skal nå kjetil. JEG VIL HA IS. du kan ikke få is nå, det er kaldt ute og du har nettop spist frokost. MEN JEG HAR LYST PÅ IS.
  63. Jun 19, 2016
    Far Cry 3 é a mistura perfeita de Shooter em primeira pessoa, personagens icônicos (Did i ever tell you the definition of insanity?), Sand-Box e elementos de RPG. Com toda certeza um dos jogos Must Have do PS3.
    Acho que o único ponto extremamente irritante no jogo é o fato do Jason ter um pé de manteiga, ele não aguenta pular de alturas maiores que o mineiro de Spelunker e também não consegue subir morros com inclinações de 30 graus.
    9,8/10
  64. Jun 30, 2016
    Beautiful scenery, interesting and unique characters, exciting and non-repetitive plot, good range of weapons, endless amount of things to do besides the main story, fun gameplay such as killing the animals and performing take downs on enemies... idk man i could go on forever this game is great :P

1. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Jan 28, 2013
    Brilliant in concept, truly great in execution despite a few stumbles. A must own title. [January 2013, p68]
  2. Jan 7, 2013
    Despite being hampered by a well meaning, but ultimately interfering, plot, Far Cry 3 has evolved into a decadent, playful and exciting title. Be it quality programming, dumb luck or a mixture of them both, the game plunges you into a thick, gloopy world of sugary gameplay, shimmering visuals, intoxicating audio as well as a great deal more. It's long, stupid and buckets of fun - just what you need to burn away the winter blues.
  3. Jan 3, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is a terrific and is one of the best games I've played in a long time. Far Cry 3's main draw is the deep and engaging campaign, but the multiplayer modes are also serviceable enough to keep you playing for a long time.