8.5

1. Mar 23, 2013
    Exploring the in-game island of Far Cry 3 is a great joy, making this game easily the best shooter of the previous year. Far Cry 3 is a huge success. It looks absolutely stunning. The game feels alive, especially when you see predator animals acting realistically. They can attack you and your enemies. And what's more impressive, is that it's different from It's predecessor, in a good way.Exploring the in-game island of Far Cry 3 is a great joy, making this game easily the best shooter of the previous year. Far Cry 3 is a huge success. It looks absolutely stunning. The game feels alive, especially when you see predator animals acting realistically. They can attack you and your enemies. And what's more impressive, is that it's different from It's predecessor, in a good way. Read the full review here: http://www.gamespot.com/far-cry-3/user-reviews/805378/platform/ps3/ Expand
  2. Mar 25, 2013
    this game is awsome you are 45 hours in the single player and you can still do so many things till you come to 50 hours than your finisht and its fun to play again the replay is very high.
    and you have a very funny coop its fun to play and you have 6 chapters with the free dlc 8 so there is much to play.
    the multiplayer is hard but fun becouse you can make your own map and that is just awsome.
    so you can play maps of other people and those maps are most fun.
  3. Mar 30, 2013
    Free roaming, non-linear, look great and you decide what you want to do and where to go next this is what games in 2013 should be. Best game I've played all year.
  4. Apr 1, 2013
    Esse jogo ta incrivelmente magnifico. Os gráficos estão simplesmente espetaculares, e eu ainda não consegui completar o single player de tao GRANDE e de tão REALISTA que SIMPLESMENTE SENSACIONAL!! Recomendo vivamente!!!!!
  5. Apr 4, 2013
    Really good game, stunning graphics and plenty of scope to play the game in your own way, whether it be an all out assault of a stealthy approach. Special mention for Vaas the main antagonist of the game, great character...one of best bad guys in recent times.

Also in a way this game sort of reminded me of Assasins Creed, with the climbing towers to reveal parts of the map, side missions and race missions. At the same time the need to hunt and gather items is a little like Red Dead. If you like either of those games then you'll like this.
  6. Apr 24, 2013
    A brilliant game from start to finish. A griping story line that you can't get enough of and have no idea what you might encounter next.

The side missions and extra actions that you can take part in such as hunting for animals, picking plants, collecting relics and mini games such as target range, knife throwing and even Texas Hold 'em Poker. All of those are rewarding and fun, there is no sense of having to grid through something just to get to the fun parts of the game, because it's all good.

The competitive multiplayer, whist not the best is still worth a few hours playing around with. It has some nice features that aren't found in any other games of the genre, but other than that it's rather generic FPS multiplayer that can't compete with the big titles but easily trumps the rest.

The only negative I have to say about this game is it's Co-op, the idea was there but the time and effort seems not to have been. It's filled with glitches and has a repetitive collections of missions and is easily miss-able. If you feel you need to sit through it to get the trophies (Like I have done) then you will loose a little love for the game, but it's still sits as a solid 10/10 and is 1 of only 3 games that I think earns that.
  7. Apr 25, 2013
    I love this game so much. I know it's really late but I just joined so whatever. First of all, the story is extremely immersive and mixes violence, a little humor, drugs and a ton of guns! The gameplay is fun and has stealth and action so you can do one or the other, or mix it up a little. Things ranging from stealth takedowns to wingsuits make this game an extremely awesome ride! The oneI love this game so much. I know it's really late but I just joined so whatever. First of all, the story is extremely immersive and mixes violence, a little humor, drugs and a ton of guns! The gameplay is fun and has stealth and action so you can do one or the other, or mix it up a little. Things ranging from stealth takedowns to wingsuits make this game an extremely awesome ride! The one bad thing for me is the lack of sidequests. Other than that, this is an extremely mind-blowing experience! Expand
  8. Apr 29, 2013
    So, i just finished this game about a week ago and have been going around the island and finishing up side quest. Far Cry 3 is one of the best shooters of 2012. I has a great story, interesting characters, an amazing environment, and fun gameplay. You play as Jason Brody, a young man who got captured by pirates with his group of friends, now you must rescue them and get off the island. ISo, i just finished this game about a week ago and have been going around the island and finishing up side quest. Far Cry 3 is one of the best shooters of 2012. I has a great story, interesting characters, an amazing environment, and fun gameplay. You play as Jason Brody, a young man who got captured by pirates with his group of friends, now you must rescue them and get off the island. I must say, this game has some very good voice acting and character models. Vass is easily one of the most funny and unforgettable bad guys of all time. It was also nice seeing Jason change as a character throughout the game. The game has some awesome gameplay too. You can upgrade your skills by leveling up, you can customize your guns, hunt animals to make equipment and ammo, drive, glide, or swim around the island, and just enjoy the Beauty. Multiplayer and Co-op are also a nice edition to the game and can keep you busy for a good while, of course, the single-player is the best part about Far Cry 3. Overall, Far Cry 3 is an amazing game, and you should play it. Expand
  9. May 31, 2013
    This game is truly awesome and pure INSANITY! MP is the only downfall for the game, but the single-player story is amazing! You'll have fun with the characters to, especially the coolest bad guy of them all: Vaas! Its SKYRIM with GUNS! What more is there to ask for?
  10. Jun 17, 2013
    Well, what can I say that hasn't already been said. The game is brilliant. Engaging story, crazy story arcs and amazing scenery. Far Cry 3 is one of the most fun games I have played. Most the best but certainly up there.

Hunting is fun, the skill trees are a good progression system and the gameplay is smooth as silk. Overall, Far Cry 3 is a great bit of fun and well worth the money.

Overall, Far Cry 3 is a great bit of fun and well worth the money. And Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon... oh man. That game is awesome. It builds on what was already great. If you can pick up both, go for it!
  11. Jul 3, 2013
    There are a few reasons why Far Cry 3 is a good game, a great game. The graphics are amazing, the world is huge, real, and scary. The villain is great, superb voice acting, Vaas is great, but Jason on the other hand is poor, poor voice acting, and does not seem believable, especially his motivations. It is a fun FPS, the game has a good multiplayer, but the two islands and animal life andThere are a few reasons why Far Cry 3 is a good game, a great game. The graphics are amazing, the world is huge, real, and scary. The villain is great, superb voice acting, Vaas is great, but Jason on the other hand is poor, poor voice acting, and does not seem believable, especially his motivations. It is a fun FPS, the game has a good multiplayer, but the two islands and animal life and the story gives this game what it needs to be a great game. Expand
  12. Jul 5, 2013
  13. Aug 18, 2013
    Every once in a while, a shooter comes along that blows your socks off. This is one of those shooters. It presents excellence at every turn. There's so much to see, and do and a lets you approach a task however you see fit.
    Beautiful visuals, great sounds, a fantastic story and so much to experience ensures a long time spent playing the single player over and over again.
    It has its own

It has its own multiplayer campaign, with its own story and colourful characters. And FREE dlc! It's no nonsense blasting that presents a good challenge and satisfying shooting, that will see you and three others working together to get back a stash of stolen cash. I particularly love the addition of competitive challenges in every level; Quad bike and jet ski racing, sniper range and so much more.

The competitive multiplayer is the weakest aspect, but still good fun due to the ability to play custom made maps and upload your own creations.

Buy it, play it, and play it again. Far cry 3 is a must own.
  14. Sep 13, 2013
    This game feels complete in every aspect. Graphics, sound, gameplay and story. It's a AAA title and a must have for all the fps gamers. It's an open world paradise with a very interesting story and nice character development. The shooting mechanics are solid with a variety of many weapons and options to customize them. The only problem is the lack of challenge after spending your points inThis game feels complete in every aspect. Graphics, sound, gameplay and story. It's a AAA title and a must have for all the fps gamers. It's an open world paradise with a very interesting story and nice character development. The shooting mechanics are solid with a variety of many weapons and options to customize them. The only problem is the lack of challenge after spending your points in the skill tree. You will become overpowered making things very easy later in the game. Expand
  15. Dec 26, 2013
    I have played a lot of games this year, but Far Cry 3 was definitely the game that kept me enjoyed far longer than any other game I have played.
    Overall, a very beautiful game. I really enjoyed in general the contrast between the (at times fairly grim) story and the sunny landscape. Ubisoft really made work of creating original antagonists and put some nice variation in the main storyline. So in short, a very enjoyable & lengthy single player campaign.
    Multiplayer is split in two parts. There is the (online) coöp multiplayer which also presents a (shallow) story which lets you go through a new campaign with four players. Quite enjoyable overall and good difficulty rating.
    Than there is the competitive MP, there are some variations but you can find the majority of the players in team deathmatch. Overall, there are at times a few technical difficulties (long loading times, screen freeze) but in general well worked out.
  16. Nov 4, 2013
    Far cry 3 is one of the best games. I usually do not write reviews however i could not but write one. I couldnt
    Give it anything but a 10. At first i felt it is complex however after being immensed in the game and the pleasure it is really a great game. I would rank it next after skyrim if not same. If anybody has similar games please sharE. I usually dont like ubisoft games like assasins creed but this one blew me of my seat. Far fry 3 you will always remain a nice memory in my gaming mind. Bravoo
  17. Dec 5, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game, the graphics are good, the story is good and its difficulty is prefect. You cant go wrong buying this game i havent put enough words in this so im just going
  18. Nov 20, 2013
    Bien, para ser un juego tipo shooter y sanbox es un juegazo, uno de los mejores del año, aunque para mi es juego del año Goty sin duda (aun no jugue al AC3) Jugabilidad: de lo mejor del juego, es divertido, engancha desde el principio, es facil de manejar, al poco tiempo parece que lo has jugado desde siempre, la Isla es inmensa, la trama hace que te enganches y quieras saber que masBien, para ser un juego tipo shooter y sanbox es un juegazo, uno de los mejores del año, aunque para mi es juego del año Goty sin duda (aun no jugue al AC3) Jugabilidad: de lo mejor del juego, es divertido, engancha desde el principio, es facil de manejar, al poco tiempo parece que lo has jugado desde siempre, la Isla es inmensa, la trama hace que te enganches y quieras saber que mas sucede. Tecnologia: El juego en general es muy fluido, no tuvo ningun error, ni lag ni nada por el estilo, al menos yo no aprecie nada de eso (el juego lo tengo por descarga) Gráficos: Son excelente, aunque algunas texturas son un poco casi PS2 como pasa en Resident Evil 6, pero en general unos graficos excelentes, con gran detalle, para que la Isla parezca tener vida propia. Sonido: El dobaje al español es simplemente excelente, de lo mejor que he visto hoy en dia, como habla Vaast, Hoyt o Jason...simplemente genial, el ambiente sonoro de la Isla te hace parecer aue estas en una de verdad, simplemente genial. Innovación: Este apartado lo borda, nunca jugue al 1 y al 2 solo el principio, pero no conozco ningun juego que sea Shooter/Sandox en una Isla repleta de animales (Osos, Tiburones, Tigres, Cerdos...etc) los cuales puedes matar, cazar... Conclusión: El mejor juego del año de largo para mi es Far Cry 3, aunque aun me queda por probar Assassins Creed 3, pero dificil tiene que supere esta obra maestra. PD: Para pasarme el juego completo y conseguir el Platino he tardado 30 horas, sin contar la mitad de las misiones secundarias y los modos cooperativos y multijugador, por ello, un juego muy completo y recomendable 100% compra obligada Expand
  19. Dec 13, 2013
    I just started playing this game and I am already hooked. There are no dull moments. On several occasions I have come close to jumping out of my chair and run down the hall screaming like a little girl. crocodile, sharks). Very intense graphics and mechanics pretty nice.
  20. Dec 9, 2013
    Geniales Spiel
    Sehr Sehr gute Story gameplay macht einfach nur Spaß
    vor allem die Piratenlager guter umfang mein persönliches lieblingsspiel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  21. Jan 5, 2014
    I got this game for my 19th birthday I love it but I must say it is bloody hard though and the missions were quite hard as well but its a amazing game
  22. Jan 9, 2014
    Honestly, this is one of the greatest games I have ever played. It's an open world where you have infinite choices and the story is great. A true masterpiece !!!
  23. Feb 9, 2014
    Perfect. There is literally no other word to describe this game. Graphics that puts XBOX ONE launch titles to shame. Gameplay that is always unique. An amazingly diverse world, a great story, fantastic characters all with amazing preformances, perfect physics and overall just a very fun game and one that i strongly recommend to any FPS fan looking for something beyond just multiplayerPerfect. There is literally no other word to describe this game. Graphics that puts XBOX ONE launch titles to shame. Gameplay that is always unique. An amazingly diverse world, a great story, fantastic characters all with amazing preformances, perfect physics and overall just a very fun game and one that i strongly recommend to any FPS fan looking for something beyond just multiplayer speaking of which even the multiplayer aspect of this game is done to absolute perfection with its own separate story with multiple characters to choose from. Need I say more plus now its only 30 or 40 bucks which is a huge steal. Expand
  24. Mar 15, 2014
    I have to say I just bought this game used having previously played Farcry 2. Unlike Farcry 2 which can get boring and repetitive around halfway, this game entertained me the whole way. Great fun, bags of stuff to do. I'd recommend to anyone and it's a guarantee that you'll love it
  25. Apr 6, 2014
    A must have. Everything is perfect, the island, the weapons, the playability. Maybe the second island and the end was what I liked less. Anyway, a great game.
  26. Oct 7, 2014
    "It's like skyrim with guns" No Far Cry 3 is like Call Of Duty and Grand Theft Auto mixed together. Far Cry has almost everything a good First Person shooter should be like. Magnificent story, great world design, amazing graphics, acceptable A:I, and a map creator for multiplayer. This is a perfect shooting game.
  27. Jan 22, 2015
    Even now,when the franchise is now a quadrilogy . FarCry 3 is still the best out of the 2 that came before it and even it's sequel (FarCry 4) . Jason is good,as a protagonist but the main impact here is on Vaas . Oh my God,Vaas is so well done . Better,lesser or equal to the already "BEST VILLAIN OF THE YEAR" contender,which is Handsome Jack from Borderlands 2. But with that said,UBISOFTEven now,when the franchise is now a quadrilogy . FarCry 3 is still the best out of the 2 that came before it and even it's sequel (FarCry 4) . Jason is good,as a protagonist but the main impact here is on Vaas . Oh my God,Vaas is so well done . Better,lesser or equal to the already "BEST VILLAIN OF THE YEAR" contender,which is Handsome Jack from Borderlands 2. But with that said,UBISOFT really did their best on this game and they suceeded greatly with nearly no errors at all. Just small gameplay issues or just issues with the main "UPGRADE" system . (THE RAKYAT UPGRADE-not really its official name) .

Overall,this game deserves an honest 9/10 . Damn near to perfect if not for the small mishap in the story of the main campaign and just some basic issues with the main gameplay. (Their minor,you won't even know about it)
  28. Jan 22, 2015
    This game was so good. The setting was amazing, i loved the tropical open world. Animals were exotic and sometimes deadly. VAS was an awesome villain! A comical serial killing psychopath. As you progress through the game you learn more moves and become stronger as the chosen warrior. Setting 10, Story 8, Characters 8, gameplay 9
  29. Apr 30, 2015
    So here we are again with another instalment from the Far Cry universe that definitely goes beyond the previous games. With a relatable protagonist, a story that truly draws you in from the very first moments of the game, Far Cry 3 also contains a very sturdy game engine that almost makes it the perfect game. It just flows so well from the first to the last level... and the vehicles areSo here we are again with another instalment from the Far Cry universe that definitely goes beyond the previous games. With a relatable protagonist, a story that truly draws you in from the very first moments of the game, Far Cry 3 also contains a very sturdy game engine that almost makes it the perfect game. It just flows so well from the first to the last level... and the vehicles are just awesome. Expand

1. Brilliant in concept, truly great in execution despite a few stumbles. A must own title. [January 2013, p68]
  2. Jan 7, 2013
    Despite being hampered by a well meaning, but ultimately interfering, plot, Far Cry 3 has evolved into a decadent, playful and exciting title. Be it quality programming, dumb luck or a mixture of them both, the game plunges you into a thick, gloopy world of sugary gameplay, shimmering visuals, intoxicating audio as well as a great deal more. It's long, stupid and buckets of fun - just what you need to burn away the winter blues.
  3. Jan 3, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is a terrific and is one of the best games I've played in a long time. Far Cry 3's main draw is the deep and engaging campaign, but the multiplayer modes are also serviceable enough to keep you playing for a long time.