Far Cry 3 PlayStation 3

8.5

1. Aug 5, 2017
    It sure is a rattling experience for hardcore first-person shooter players, with it's good story, nice mechanics and an unforgettable antagonist (Vaas) Far Cry 3 should delight old fans of the franchise and new fans as well.
    Rating: 9/10.
  2. May 17, 2017
    Far Cry 3 is probably the best FPS I've played. Some cool characters an vibrant and varied world to explore and the freedom to take down the enemy with guile and cunning or a **** load of C4; what's not to like?
  3. Dec 30, 2016
    As my first try into the Far Cry series, I found the open world elements extremely inviting and finding it very easy to become lost in the game itself as an adventurer. I'm not much a fan of the story, but found myself immersed within the environment. The game is truly unique and very immersive.
  4. Dec 12, 2016
    Awesome game! While the story and characters aren't anything special, the island, the gameplay and the exploration are truly where the game shine. There is alot to do. The game does look pretty, for a PS3 game that is (look even better on PC). Got tons of ways to handle any situations, got manys ways to travel in the game. Exploration is well made and well rewarded. This is a must-play!
  5. Jul 22, 2016
    far cry 3 is the best far cry game yet some peapls saying the second one is better just because the map editer i dont about the map editer or all that **** because they are wrong there are spoilers in these review because the game releised before 4 years so you been played the game so lets talking about the gameplay u feel yourself bad ass u can takedown enemys shooting throwing molotovfar cry 3 is the best far cry game yet some peapls saying the second one is better just because the map editer i dont about the map editer or all that **** because they are wrong there are spoilers in these review because the game releised before 4 years so you been played the game so lets talking about the gameplay u feel yourself bad ass u can takedown enemys shooting throwing molotov greande and c4 the had alot of weapons and awsome skill points or your tattoo are helpful and let the gameplay alot fun like making takedown and launch the greande in enemys pocket and kick there ass or making 3 enemy in the same time the game had a solid stealth mechanic u can hunt animals alot animals or pick up syring kit to craft them the greenleaf to regenerate your health bar and animals for crafting animals skin to craft your wallet to pickup more money or rootsack to hold more stuff and u can them in the shop the game it self had amazing graphics and stuuing visual u can ride vechles like cars boats and baggi the openworld is big tons of acctivities and detail u can play with your friends co op the includs a pointless multplayer it just not that great okay when u finish the game u unlock the wingsuit which is very great this game is **** awsome one of the best games in the year Expand
  6. Jul 4, 2016
    Excellent game however campaign relies on side missions or you will fail.

PROS
    -Decent graphics
    -variety of guns
    -excellent voice acting
    -thrilling story

CONS
    -Too many side missions
  7. Jun 30, 2016
    Beautiful scenery, interesting and unique characters, exciting and non-repetitive plot, good range of weapons, endless amount of things to do besides the main story, fun gameplay such as killing the animals and performing take downs on enemies... idk man i could go on forever this game is great :P
  8. Jun 19, 2016
    Far Cry 3 é a mistura perfeita de Shooter em primeira pessoa, personagens icônicos (Did i ever tell you the definition of insanity?), Sand-Box e elementos de RPG. Com toda certeza um dos jogos Must Have do PS3.
    Acho que o único ponto extremamente irritante no jogo é o fato do Jason ter um pé de manteiga, ele não aguenta pular de alturas maiores que o mineiro de Spelunker e também não consegue subir morros com inclinações de 30 graus.
    9,8/10
  9. May 30, 2016
    Awesome game even better than Uncharted 3 which also is quite good action FPS type game. I like the ability to explore a massive island, drive jeeps and fly hang gliders, hunt, craft items and good action. Only frustrating things are hunting is super difficult and some weapons suck like the bow and the shooting action is difficult. The graphics and animation is beautiful and very realistic.
  10. May 22, 2016
    Amazing game ! I had no expectation for that one and was gladly surprised ! It kinds of remind me of Read Dead Redemption but in first person shooter on an island instead of a third person cowboy.
  11. Apr 25, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The good: Story is amazing. Gunfights, tactics, upgrading basically all of it.
    The Bad: When you kill the boss you feel the game is missing something.
    The game has been set up really well.
  12. Mar 9, 2016
    Its g8 m8, I rate 8/8. I must say... i dont h8. hvor er det du skal nå kjetil. JEG VIL HA IS. du kan ikke få is nå, det er kaldt ute og du har nettop spist frokost. MEN JEG HAR LYST PÅ IS.
  13. Feb 24, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Go and get this game right now, I beg you! It's an amazing game, without a doubt. If you've enjoyed Far Cry 4 or Primal, then this is definitely worth your time. If you're a newcomer to the series, then this is also a great starting point. In this game you play as Jason Brody on vacation at a island with his best friends and two brothers. Pretty great, right? Wrong. This game turns dark fast, as you realize that Jason and his friends have been captured by pirates, and their leader, Vaas, who is a psychopath. You're one brother, who has had military training, then breaks free of his restraints and helps Jason out of his. They then sneak around the pirate camp to try to set their friends free, but that comes to a close as Jason and his brother get spotted. As they're trying to run, Jason's brother gets shot and dies, leaving Jason on his own to survive. Pretty awesome exposition. At the very beginning, Jason is a civilian, a victim of these pirates, but by the end, he is transformed into a ruthless killer who starts to even question himself. And that's what I love of this game, the sense of morality. In Far Cry 4, you just go to Kyrat and start killing people. The main character, Ajay, never questions himself and thinks about who he's killed. But Jason does, and that's what makes this game perfect. By the end, he even goes as far as calling himself a monster. But, with that aside, the game mechanics are also great. The shooting is better as ever, the hunting is good (though not as good as Far Cry Primal's hunting), and the missions are refreshing. As the game goes on, Jason is tasked with trying to save his friends and take down the pirate leader, Vaas, and later Vaas' boss. And the graphics are BEAUTIFUL! They really are. The tropical island setting is very well portrayed through these graphics. Then, there are also two other modes in this game: co-op and multiplayer. In co-op, you can play with up to 4 people as 4 brand new characters who don't appear in the campaign at all, which is a great addition, because you learn a new story. The co-op is very fun to do, especially with friends, because you can have a lot of fun. And the multiplayer is surprisingly good, especially for a game series that has never had a competitive multiplayer mode. It's very fun and refreshing when most competitive multiplayer games these days are just Call of Duty re-skins. This game is worth every penny that they're asking you for it right now, and I can say that you should go buy this game, whether you're a veteran to the series or a newcomer, get this game! Expand
  14. Feb 2, 2016
    In my opinion this is the best game of 2012 and the best game in the Far Cry series. This is because of the amazing open world and the great story although it was not perfect it could get a bit repetitive in some parts of story for example there were a lot of very slow missions were you have to sneak round with out being seen now I am fine with this but I think there were slightly to many of them.
  15. Jan 22, 2016
    Far Cry 3 has been out for quite some time now but I didn't get around to play it till about 4 weeks ago. I had already played Far Cry 4 before I started playing Far Cry. I expected this game to be pretty much the same as Far Cry 4 in terms of gameplay and open world since Far Cry 4 has been criticized quite a lot with being a total 'Far Cry 3 copy' in terms of gameplay. However, Far Cry 3Far Cry 3 has been out for quite some time now but I didn't get around to play it till about 4 weeks ago. I had already played Far Cry 4 before I started playing Far Cry. I expected this game to be pretty much the same as Far Cry 4 in terms of gameplay and open world since Far Cry 4 has been criticized quite a lot with being a total 'Far Cry 3 copy' in terms of gameplay. However, Far Cry 3 blew me away. Sure, a lot of things were indeed exactly the same or even a bit worse (since it was an earlier installment in the series of course), but the gameplay just felt great again just like it did with Far Cry 4. Also, the open world big enough to have quite some fun exploring and roaming around. But the thing Far Cry 3 really outshined on was the story. Far Cry 4 really disappointed me with the story but Far Cry 3 did (almost) everything right. The story was fun, exciting and really worth to play through. However, some aspects of the story were pretty vague and never really explained. I also felt they could have ended the game a bit better than they ultimately did but it was still pretty good.
    But then, on my way to the platinum, there was the ultimate fun destroyer: the co-op missions. Not because I don't like co-op in general, but because Far Cry 3's co-op is one of the worst I've ever had to play through. The co-op mission were boring, and when playing online, two of the six mission-trophies glitched on me. When I played them online again up to three times, they kept glitching -_- . Finally I found someone who was willing to play those two mission offline with me which finally granted me the platinum trophy.
    If not for the horrible co-op missions, I would have given Far Cry 3 a 9 for enjoyment. If you still have/want to play Far Cry 3 but don't intend to go for the platinum trophy, please skip the co-op missions :P.
  16. Jan 21, 2016
    This game as one of the best villains made in the history of gaming! Far cry 3 is a good FPS, with a good story and great graphics. There are moments the you literally just "BOOM" (that's the sound of your mind exploding). I totally recommend this game 8/10 (Multiplayer is almost dead at the time of this review so...yeah - but it was pretty good and responsive.
  17. Aug 14, 2015
    Having read most of the reviews for this game I decided to give it a try.. It turns out that this game is one of the best games Ubisoft has ever made!!! With stunning visuals, compelling storyline amazing characters (for instance Vaas) , lots of things to do ,even after the main story is over , I strongly believe that this game deserves 10/10!!! Of course if you're done with the campaignHaving read most of the reviews for this game I decided to give it a try.. It turns out that this game is one of the best games Ubisoft has ever made!!! With stunning visuals, compelling storyline amazing characters (for instance Vaas) , lots of things to do ,even after the main story is over , I strongly believe that this game deserves 10/10!!! Of course if you're done with the campaign you can always try out the multiplayer and the co-op modes!!! To sum up , this game really redefines the open world games and the entire genre ,as it has numerous things to do, and you should clearly give it a try !!!! Expand
  18. Aug 11, 2015
    Far Cry 3

Game-play : The FPS mechanics in this game are excellent with the stealth option and a lot of weapons to support your play style and an environment that can be use as your advantage or even against you, you will be lost in this great world for hours. Story : The story is great an epic adventure in an island and the greatest villain of 2012 will entertain you for 13 to 14
    Far Cry 3

Story : The story is great an epic adventure in an island and the greatest villain of 2012 will entertain you for 13 to 14 hours .

Graphics : The graphics are great like the rest of the game .

Notes : This game have a huge map and lot of weapons to make you feel like bad-ass and an excellent crafting system. So why this game scores 8 and not 9 or 10 ? Because of the radio towers i do not see the need to make all ubi-soft games assassin's creed more importantly the side missions are boring as hell , the online has nothing special except the creation mode witch you can make your own map to play and last but not least some point in the story that i do not what to spoil for you. This game is great and worth the full price.
  19. May 24, 2015
    This is GTA goes to the jungle. I actually had a lot more fun with this game than with GTA. I found it doesn't take itself too seriously and the wild animals really get you scarred and worried. I got frightened on more than one occasion by wild unexpected attacks. It was awesome.
    I loved how the maps can be bought (within the game) to help you find things needed to 100% the game, rather than tedious exploring which quickly gets boring. The variety of side challenges, quests and high score levels all polish it off.
    Overall this game is just fun to play. You won't want it end.
  20. Apr 30, 2015
    So here we are again with another instalment from the Far Cry universe that definitely goes beyond the previous games. With a relatable protagonist, a story that truly draws you in from the very first moments of the game, Far Cry 3 also contains a very sturdy game engine that almost makes it the perfect game. It just flows so well from the first to the last level... and the vehicles areSo here we are again with another instalment from the Far Cry universe that definitely goes beyond the previous games. With a relatable protagonist, a story that truly draws you in from the very first moments of the game, Far Cry 3 also contains a very sturdy game engine that almost makes it the perfect game. It just flows so well from the first to the last level... and the vehicles are just awesome. Expand
  21. Jan 22, 2015
    This game was so good. The setting was amazing, i loved the tropical open world. Animals were exotic and sometimes deadly. VAS was an awesome villain! A comical serial killing psychopath. As you progress through the game you learn more moves and become stronger as the chosen warrior. Setting 10, Story 8, Characters 8, gameplay 9
  22. Jan 22, 2015
    Even now,when the franchise is now a quadrilogy . FarCry 3 is still the best out of the 2 that came before it and even it's sequel (FarCry 4) . Jason is good,as a protagonist but the main impact here is on Vaas . Oh my God,Vaas is so well done . Better,lesser or equal to the already "BEST VILLAIN OF THE YEAR" contender,which is Handsome Jack from Borderlands 2. But with that said,UBISOFTEven now,when the franchise is now a quadrilogy . FarCry 3 is still the best out of the 2 that came before it and even it's sequel (FarCry 4) . Jason is good,as a protagonist but the main impact here is on Vaas . Oh my God,Vaas is so well done . Better,lesser or equal to the already "BEST VILLAIN OF THE YEAR" contender,which is Handsome Jack from Borderlands 2. But with that said,UBISOFT really did their best on this game and they suceeded greatly with nearly no errors at all. Just small gameplay issues or just issues with the main "UPGRADE" system . (THE RAKYAT UPGRADE-not really its official name) .

Overall,this game deserves an honest 9/10 . Damn near to perfect if not for the small mishap in the story of the main campaign and just some basic issues with the main gameplay. (Their minor,you won't even know about it)
  23. Oct 7, 2014
    "It's like skyrim with guns" No Far Cry 3 is like Call Of Duty and Grand Theft Auto mixed together. Far Cry has almost everything a good First Person shooter should be like. Magnificent story, great world design, amazing graphics, acceptable A:I, and a map creator for multiplayer. This is a perfect shooting game.
  24. Jun 29, 2014
    Best open world game ever made. Crafting items and upgrades, customizing guns, and earning skill points are a LOT of fun. The side missions are amazing, especially liberating Outposts and Wanted Dead Quests. The soundtrack is the one of the best ever made. You are also able to hunt animals, and drive a wide variety of vehicles. The graphics are the best I've ever seen in a game. The combatBest open world game ever made. Crafting items and upgrades, customizing guns, and earning skill points are a LOT of fun. The side missions are amazing, especially liberating Outposts and Wanted Dead Quests. The soundtrack is the one of the best ever made. You are also able to hunt animals, and drive a wide variety of vehicles. The graphics are the best I've ever seen in a game. The combat is good, and so is the story. Very few cons in this game. A MUST BUY. Expand
  25. Jun 20, 2014
    I'm just gonna add one thing: the best controls for a character in all my PS3 games. They're intuitive, well mapped, and the character does what you're expecting. Should be a standard for all future action games! At last, no more cursor/messages telling you where to go, what to do, and what button to push. Back to old school!
  26. May 16, 2014
    One of the best game of 2012! Amazing gameplay, story line and open huge world..
  27. May 14, 2014
    Ubisoft has took a giant step forward from Far Cry 2. Unlike its precessor, Far Cry 3 is an enjoyable, polished and interesting adventure with loads of ways to play it.
    The plot's quality is over the average of this kind of games and the ending is awesome.
    Summarizing, a must have.
  28. Apr 6, 2014
    A must have. Everything is perfect, the island, the weapons, the playability. Maybe the second island and the end was what I liked less. Anyway, a great game.
  29. Mar 15, 2014
    I have to say I just bought this game used having previously played Farcry 2. Unlike Farcry 2 which can get boring and repetitive around halfway, this game entertained me the whole way. Great fun, bags of stuff to do. I'd recommend to anyone and it's a guarantee that you'll love it
  30. Mar 2, 2014
    Really good game. PROS: story, gameplay, graphics, audio, world. CONS: Framerate, pop in textures, co-op, multiplayer. Ending is a little weak but overall great game
  31. Feb 19, 2014
    This game is amazing. I love the environment the game provides and the combat is cool (getting in / out of cover and melee etc.) I like the single player / free roam of the island, a lot of variety of animals with their own AI and enemies in suitable places! The co-op multiplayer is really fun when you are together, it features good minigames throughout the missions.
    In my opinion, this
    In my opinion, this game is familiar with dead island. Same style and animation & its scenes are great!
    But what I don't like about the game is the frame rate, it's slow and it makes me extremely uncomfortable (like around 20 - 30 fps) it makes me dizzy over time and I just feel like playing anything else.
    The melee like I said is great with the knife and all, there are a variety of customizable weapons which are cool! The game is ok, but the frame rate is a big con for me...
  32. Feb 11, 2014
    One of the best FPS ever made worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as great FPS such as Bioshock or Half Life 2. Open world exploration and amount of content has been vastly improved over Far Cry 2. Amazing graphics, a very interesting story, fun mini games. The only bad thing about FC3 is it's multiplayer, it's terrible. The single player campaign is so strong however that itOne of the best FPS ever made worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as great FPS such as Bioshock or Half Life 2. Open world exploration and amount of content has been vastly improved over Far Cry 2. Amazing graphics, a very interesting story, fun mini games. The only bad thing about FC3 is it's multiplayer, it's terrible. The single player campaign is so strong however that it makes up for all the flaws in the MP. Expand
  33. Feb 9, 2014
    Perfect. There is literally no other word to describe this game. Graphics that puts XBOX ONE launch titles to shame. Gameplay that is always unique. An amazingly diverse world, a great story, fantastic characters all with amazing preformances, perfect physics and overall just a very fun game and one that i strongly recommend to any FPS fan looking for something beyond just multiplayerPerfect. There is literally no other word to describe this game. Graphics that puts XBOX ONE launch titles to shame. Gameplay that is always unique. An amazingly diverse world, a great story, fantastic characters all with amazing preformances, perfect physics and overall just a very fun game and one that i strongly recommend to any FPS fan looking for something beyond just multiplayer speaking of which even the multiplayer aspect of this game is done to absolute perfection with its own separate story with multiple characters to choose from. Need I say more plus now its only 30 or 40 bucks which is a huge steal. Expand
  34. Jan 9, 2014
    Honestly, this is one of the greatest games I have ever played. It's an open world where you have infinite choices and the story is great. A true masterpiece !!!
  35. Jan 5, 2014
    I got this game for my 19th birthday I love it but I must say it is bloody hard though and the missions were quite hard as well but its a amazing game
  36. Dec 31, 2013
    If I could, I would give this game an 8.5, but alas Metacritic forces me to pick between and 8 and a 9. I ultimately went with an 8. The game is fairly large, but unfortunately the biggest problem here is that much of the wild is simply not worth exploring. A large host of weapons can be utilized throughout the game, and each has a different and distinct feel to it. The game let's you playIf I could, I would give this game an 8.5, but alas Metacritic forces me to pick between and 8 and a 9. I ultimately went with an 8. The game is fairly large, but unfortunately the biggest problem here is that much of the wild is simply not worth exploring. A large host of weapons can be utilized throughout the game, and each has a different and distinct feel to it. The game let's you play how you want. For those preforming a speedrun, the campaign can be run through without much thought otherwise, but those who want to experience all the game has to offer will be able to hunt, capture enemy bases, visit radio towers, race, preform supply drops, etc. Expand
  37. Dec 26, 2013
    I have played a lot of games this year, but Far Cry 3 was definitely the game that kept me enjoyed far longer than any other game I have played.
    Overall, a very beautiful game. I really enjoyed in general the contrast between the (at times fairly grim) story and the sunny landscape. Ubisoft really made work of creating original antagonists and put some nice variation in the main storyline. So in short, a very enjoyable & lengthy single player campaign.
    Multiplayer is split in two parts. There is the (online) coöp multiplayer which also presents a (shallow) story which lets you go through a new campaign with four players. Quite enjoyable overall and good difficulty rating.
    Than there is the competitive MP, there are some variations but you can find the majority of the players in team deathmatch. Overall, there are at times a few technical difficulties (long loading times, screen freeze) but in general well worked out.
  38. Dec 13, 2013
    I just started playing this game and I am already hooked. There are no dull moments. On several occasions I have come close to jumping out of my chair and run down the hall screaming like a little girl. crocodile, sharks). Very intense graphics and mechanics pretty nice.
  39. Dec 9, 2013
    Geniales Spiel
    Sehr Sehr gute Story gameplay macht einfach nur Spaß
    vor allem die Piratenlager guter umfang mein persönliches lieblingsspiel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  40. Dec 7, 2013
    Amazing game, you're free to do want you want, all the missions are really different (hunting, sneaking between enemies...). Many interesting side missions. Just great
  41. Dec 5, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game, the graphics are good, the story is good and its difficulty is prefect. You cant go wrong buying this game i havent put enough words in this so im just going
  42. Nov 20, 2013
    Bien, para ser un juego tipo shooter y sanbox es un juegazo, uno de los mejores del año, aunque para mi es juego del año Goty sin duda (aun no jugue al AC3) Jugabilidad: de lo mejor del juego, es divertido, engancha desde el principio, es facil de manejar, al poco tiempo parece que lo has jugado desde siempre, la Isla es inmensa, la trama hace que te enganches y quieras saber que masBien, para ser un juego tipo shooter y sanbox es un juegazo, uno de los mejores del año, aunque para mi es juego del año Goty sin duda (aun no jugue al AC3) Jugabilidad: de lo mejor del juego, es divertido, engancha desde el principio, es facil de manejar, al poco tiempo parece que lo has jugado desde siempre, la Isla es inmensa, la trama hace que te enganches y quieras saber que mas sucede. Tecnologia: El juego en general es muy fluido, no tuvo ningun error, ni lag ni nada por el estilo, al menos yo no aprecie nada de eso (el juego lo tengo por descarga) Gráficos: Son excelente, aunque algunas texturas son un poco casi PS2 como pasa en Resident Evil 6, pero en general unos graficos excelentes, con gran detalle, para que la Isla parezca tener vida propia. Sonido: El dobaje al español es simplemente excelente, de lo mejor que he visto hoy en dia, como habla Vaast, Hoyt o Jason...simplemente genial, el ambiente sonoro de la Isla te hace parecer aue estas en una de verdad, simplemente genial. Innovación: Este apartado lo borda, nunca jugue al 1 y al 2 solo el principio, pero no conozco ningun juego que sea Shooter/Sandox en una Isla repleta de animales (Osos, Tiburones, Tigres, Cerdos...etc) los cuales puedes matar, cazar... Conclusión: El mejor juego del año de largo para mi es Far Cry 3, aunque aun me queda por probar Assassins Creed 3, pero dificil tiene que supere esta obra maestra. PD: Para pasarme el juego completo y conseguir el Platino he tardado 30 horas, sin contar la mitad de las misiones secundarias y los modos cooperativos y multijugador, por ello, un juego muy completo y recomendable 100% compra obligada Expand
  43. Nov 18, 2013
    This game would be another mediocre FPS if not for the story and the truly amazing visuals, but the ending is harshly disappointing (more than ME3 XD), and the gameplay has many flaws.
  44. Nov 6, 2013
    I can't even begin to describe how great this game is. Open world to explore, good selection of weapons, animals to hunt, stealth gameplay that works amazingly, and a wingsuit. The plot is decent, nothing to write home about. The gameplay is really fun and fluid. The visuals are some of the best on consoles. The multiplayer is fantastic as well.
  45. Nov 5, 2013
    This game has a great story and a beautiful, big open world! If you love open world games, then you should definitely buy this! So much to do in Far Cry 3... Hunting, collectibles, Take a boat and just go anywhere you want... Then why not a 10 or 9? The MP isn't a lot of fun and the co-op hasn't got a quite exciting story either
  46. Nov 5, 2013
    wanna know what the definition of insanity is? playing this game over and over again, Yes!!! its that good!!!!........................................
  47. Nov 4, 2013
    Far cry 3 is one of the best games. I usually do not write reviews however i could not but write one. I couldnt
    Give it anything but a 10. At first i felt it is complex however after being immensed in the game and the pleasure it is really a great game. I would rank it next after skyrim if not same. If anybody has similar games please sharE. I usually dont like ubisoft games like assasins creed but this one blew me of my seat. Far fry 3 you will always remain a nice memory in my gaming mind. Bravoo
  48. Oct 25, 2013
    It's good. I like the skill tree. I like the combat (options). I like the story. And I like the big map you can explore. The only downside is the graphics. While it has its pretty moments, it can get very ugy at times. All in all I can say Far Cry 3 is a well done PS3 Game which is worth your money.
  49. Oct 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game blew my mind. There is so much to do, so many things to explore. The ocean being the most terrifying with its bull sharks. The open world is fantastic and fun. I really like this game, though I think the story is decent but some of the characters are good and easy to relate to. Vaas is a fantastic villain. His voice acting is incredible and his writing is some of the best I've ever seen. While the quick time event boss fights were a bit lame, I didn't find them too bad. Also, there's two things I find disappointing about this game. His name is Hoyt Volker. Hoyt replaced Vaas as the main villain halfway through the game and everything just becomes less exciting. The ending, as well, isn't that great. However, I would definitely recommend this game. It's stunning. Expand
  50. Sep 30, 2013
    Overrated game, however it is still a pretty good game! The story is pretty interesting and has one awesome villain! The guns are really cool to and the multiplayer is pretty fun. BUT, the game is buggy as hell! Maybe ubisoft has patched it since i played it last time but then it was pretty buggy.
  51. Sep 25, 2013
    I did not enjoy this one as much as the second farcry but the third was still pretty fun. I like the gamepay and the graphics but the story and controls did not tickle my fancy but still a good game!!!!
  52. Sep 23, 2013
    This game is wonderful. The trippy but good story. The gigantic world to explore. The freedom to either go guns blazing or pick them off like a ninja. The multiplayer and co-op are good too. And Vaas is an awesome villian. One of the only things I didnt like was that almost all the boss fights are quick time events. In all it was a fantastic game that I had a lot of fun with.
  53. Sep 13, 2013
    This game feels complete in every aspect. Graphics, sound, gameplay and story. It's a AAA title and a must have for all the fps gamers. It's an open world paradise with a very interesting story and nice character development. The shooting mechanics are solid with a variety of many weapons and options to customize them. The only problem is the lack of challenge after spending your points inThis game feels complete in every aspect. Graphics, sound, gameplay and story. It's a AAA title and a must have for all the fps gamers. It's an open world paradise with a very interesting story and nice character development. The shooting mechanics are solid with a variety of many weapons and options to customize them. The only problem is the lack of challenge after spending your points in the skill tree. You will become overpowered making things very easy later in the game. Expand
  54. Aug 28, 2013
    I was blown away by Far Cry 3. I have not played the previous ones, but watched a friend play a bit of 3 and I was hooked. I'm not a huge FPS fan, but I picked it up and was immediately engrossed! The game was so solid all the way around... shooting, hunting, crafting... all very balanced. The game is gorgeous... I felt like I was on vacation while I was playing... a brutal, twisted,I was blown away by Far Cry 3. I have not played the previous ones, but watched a friend play a bit of 3 and I was hooked. I'm not a huge FPS fan, but I picked it up and was immediately engrossed! The game was so solid all the way around... shooting, hunting, crafting... all very balanced. The game is gorgeous... I felt like I was on vacation while I was playing... a brutal, twisted, thrilling vacation. The mission that had the Damian Marley Skrillex track was epic! I died on purpose a couple times burning those fields just to hear the track again! Make it Bun Dem! Expand
  55. Aug 26, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is an amazing game with a big free roaming world with a variety of animals, weapons and bad guys.It's a survival game with a vast world and a new amazing story.Its gameplay is different from Far Cry 2 and one thing that they have added is animals that you can skin them and make a variety of things, like ammo pouch.The multiplayer is good and difficult.The co-op is funny to playFar Cry 3 is an amazing game with a big free roaming world with a variety of animals, weapons and bad guys.It's a survival game with a vast world and a new amazing story.Its gameplay is different from Far Cry 2 and one thing that they have added is animals that you can skin them and make a variety of things, like ammo pouch.The multiplayer is good and difficult.The co-op is funny to play with your friends and talk with headsets.Generally i believe that Far Cry 3 is the best Far Cry ever. Expand
  56. Aug 18, 2013
    Every once in a while, a shooter comes along that blows your socks off. This is one of those shooters. It presents excellence at every turn. There's so much to see, and do and a lets you approach a task however you see fit.
    Beautiful visuals, great sounds, a fantastic story and so much to experience ensures a long time spent playing the single player over and over again.
    It has its own

It has its own multiplayer campaign, with its own story and colourful characters. And FREE dlc! It's no nonsense blasting that presents a good challenge and satisfying shooting, that will see you and three others working together to get back a stash of stolen cash. I particularly love the addition of competitive challenges in every level; Quad bike and jet ski racing, sniper range and so much more.

The competitive multiplayer is the weakest aspect, but still good fun due to the ability to play custom made maps and upload your own creations.

Buy it, play it, and play it again. Far cry 3 is a must own.
  57. Aug 9, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is a great game with great graphics, gameplay, and story. When it was shown at E3 with a gameplay demo I think at that point everyone realized that this game, that wasn't very known at the time, could have a chance at game of the year. (It did not win..I know.) The graphics are great on this engine that Ubisoft was using for this game. The environment felt so real with theFar Cry 3 is a great game with great graphics, gameplay, and story. When it was shown at E3 with a gameplay demo I think at that point everyone realized that this game, that wasn't very known at the time, could have a chance at game of the year. (It did not win..I know.) The graphics are great on this engine that Ubisoft was using for this game. The environment felt so real with the animals not always being in the same area every time you approached them and also with them having the ability to have smart AI for just creatures. The lighting was good with the trees and grass looking great for such a big game.
    Gameplay wise the bow and arrow was so fun to use in this game. Stealth was my best friend in this game and for some reason I always felt like Rambo when taking on an outpost. Guns felt shaky at times though, where I thought the gameplay took a small hit. The free roam aspect of the game was great in this game just like Far Cry 2. It felt as if they did it better in this game with it being an island though.
    I loved the story in my opinion even though at times I did find myself saying, "Well that was too easy," or "Really, that's all?" Even with that I liked that I actually felt something for the main character's friends and even if the game would let me roam, I didn't want to because in my head there was a time clock for their lives. The main character and villains in this game were written well I think, but the supporting characters...not so much. You will know what I mean at times in the game.

I would completely recommend buying this game. It's fun and has a great story but if you're looking for great multiplayer I wouldn't play it here.

Great! 8.5/10
    Aaron
  58. Aug 7, 2013
    I simply hated FC2 and needless to say that i was sceptic about this one. But the main reasons i hated FC2 were solved in this installation. The endless driving and respawning guard points. Instead FC3 has hostile guard posts that after freed become safe havens and fast travel spots. Brilliant. The visuals and the gameplay are flawless and the storyline holds together almost to the end.I simply hated FC2 and needless to say that i was sceptic about this one. But the main reasons i hated FC2 were solved in this installation. The endless driving and respawning guard points. Instead FC3 has hostile guard posts that after freed become safe havens and fast travel spots. Brilliant. The visuals and the gameplay are flawless and the storyline holds together almost to the end. The end itself well... let's just say that it crumbled too fast in a clumsy way. Exception made to the helicopter mission (does anyone heard about a film called Apocalypse Now?). It puts a smile on your face. But then again the rest is awesome and Vaas steals the game in terms of character. Great villain, scary and unstable. Expand
  59. Aug 5, 2013
    Superb game top notch presentation, extremely addictive and fun gameplay and a nice story. The open-world feeling is so exciting and empowering a true delight! A must buy.
  60. Jul 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Summary (My actually score is 8.5)
    +Excellent gameplay, blending in the first person shooter (FPS) mechanics with an RPG setting, making feel more special than just “Skyrim with guns” as some have claimed.
    +Interesting jungle environment, which while maybe lacking in variety, are beautiful and is a stand out feature of the game.
    +A great variety of activities that make the game feel more complete than your stereotypical FPS.
    +Really mature and iconic moments in the story that increase tension in the story.
    +Over 20 hours of gameplay, so you get your money’s worth.
    +Good graphics (though apparently they are better on the PC version)
    -A mediocre or terrible ending (you get a choice of two).
    -Use of quick time events that make the boss battles feel more like poorly executed cut scenes.
    I can’t comment on the online play because my internet connection is crap so I never got round to playing the game online.

Full Review
    One of the really interesting features of FC3 is how it contains activities that are worthwhile whereas in other games they are largely pointless. An example of this is hunting for animal skins, which allows you to craft better gear like weapon holsters etc. By contrast in games like Red Dead you can only sell the skins for money making hunting pointless. The same is true with the use of drugs in FC3 which can enhance your abilities like detecting animals/enemies easier etc. Compared to other games like Saints Row 2 where drugs just make your screen fussy, FC3’s usage of drugs as a feature is much better. Unfortunately there are a few misses with such mechanics, for example relic hunting is largely pointless useless you like completing games to 100%. Likewise while Poker is well pulled off, it is a shame how that is the only card game available to play. Such lack of attention to detail can further been seen in the upgrading system, because while most of the upgrades are great, others are pointless, e.g. I only use an underneath takedown like once. Nevertheless the features on the whole are a lot of fun.

The next great thing about FC3 is the FPS mechanic within an open world RPG, and is more fun than the FPS mechanic used say in Fallout 3. Furthermore the RPG like elements mean you have to adopt various tactics to defeat enemies (which by the way have great A.I e.g. they will try to flank you, and there is a wide variety of enemies, e.g. heavies, snipers etc.), for example at the start due to the lack of superior weapons, I struggled to kill large groups of enemies, thus had to be sneaky. In fact sneaking in general is brilliantly pulled off in FC3, as you can use knife takedowns to silently kill enemies. However later on the game, you can adopt more variety of tactics due to improvements in your equipment, e.g. I liked to sniper and shoot all enemies in an occupied camp (they are enemy camps that you can conquer by killing all enemies in them), or alternatively watch them burn by luring them into the open and them setting the surrounding area on fire with Molotov causing the enemies to catch fire.

With regards to the story FC3 provides a nice story throughout, with really interesting moments, e.g. the death of your brother at the start. However the main selling point of the story is that Vaas, who with his insanity mixed in with his interesting perspective on life and his toying with Jason(your character), make him one of the best bad arses in gaming. (Spoiler) Even after his death mid-way through the game, the iconic moments keep emerging. With regards to the story itself, it is split into two sections, Jason’s recusing of his friends and his growing sense of allegiance to the rebels fighting the mercenaries on the island. This again is well executed though if anything a little too predictable as you can guess early on; Jason will rescue your friends etc.

Really they are only two major negatives of the game.

The first is the use of QTE (Quick Time Events), within the main boss battles. I can understand why the designers added them, because it would be difficulty to make boss battles in FPS that go beyond just shoot an enemy for 30 seconds. However the QTEs remove all tension making the battles feel like cut scenes. This is massive annoyance as it is used throughout missions in the game.

The next main thing is the endings (there are two) are subpar. (Warning Spoilers) The first ending (the one to the left) is an average ending where Jason leaves the island with his friends and Citra (rebel leader) gets killed. This ending hardly stands out as anything countless. However the ending to the right is s**t because you kill your friends you rescued, making the majority of the missions pointless. Them to add insult to injury, Citra (after you get her pregnant, and see some nice kills you.

These endings and the QTE hold the game back from being a legendary as it should be. Nevertheless the game is certainly worth your cash, especially now as the price has been reduced.
  61. Jul 8, 2013
    Wonderful game. I do not play alot of games, as I enjoy the GTA series and things of that nature and hate 1st person games. However this game is great. Great story, characters, graphics, etc. Love it.
  62. Jul 5, 2013
    There are a few reasons why Far Cry 3 is a good game, a great game. The graphics are amazing, the world is huge, real, and scary. The villain is great, superb voice acting, Vaas is great, but Jason on the other hand is poor, poor voice acting, and does not seem believable, especially his motivations. It is a fun FPS, the game has a good multiplayer, but the two islands and animal life andThere are a few reasons why Far Cry 3 is a good game, a great game. The graphics are amazing, the world is huge, real, and scary. The villain is great, superb voice acting, Vaas is great, but Jason on the other hand is poor, poor voice acting, and does not seem believable, especially his motivations. It is a fun FPS, the game has a good multiplayer, but the two islands and animal life and the story gives this game what it needs to be a great game. Expand
  63. Jul 3, 2013
  64. Jun 28, 2013
    One of the best games, I played in the last years. When you go up on a tower for the first time, watching the sun going down it will just blow your mind. I enjoyed, that I can choose the way I want to play it and the story was told very well. One of the most interesting shooters and a good example for a well functioning open world concept. Looking forward for the next far cry!
  65. Jun 17, 2013
    Well, what can I say that hasn't already been said. The game is brilliant. Engaging story, crazy story arcs and amazing scenery. Far Cry 3 is one of the most fun games I have played. Most the best but certainly up there.

Hunting is fun, the skill trees are a good progression system and the gameplay is smooth as silk. Overall, Far Cry 3 is a great bit of fun and well worth the money.

Overall, Far Cry 3 is a great bit of fun and well worth the money. And Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon... oh man. That game is awesome. It builds on what was already great. If you can pick up both, go for it!
  66. May 31, 2013
    This game is truly awesome and pure INSANITY! MP is the only downfall for the game, but the single-player story is amazing! You'll have fun with the characters to, especially the coolest bad guy of them all: Vaas! Its SKYRIM with GUNS! What more is there to ask for?
  67. May 28, 2013
    This is a great fun game with a really good story. The game is only about 15hrs. but worth anything you want to pay for it. For an aging PS4 the graphic are pretty good but there are a lot of frame drops in the game.
  68. May 26, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is the next episode in the Far Cry universe. Far Cry 3 is an open world FPS that takes place on an tropical island. It has improved elements over it's previous version but also a lot of similar game play elements. The game play hasn't changed much from Far Cry 2 which include car driving and shooting mechanics. But some of the things that have been added new to this version isFar Cry 3 is the next episode in the Far Cry universe. Far Cry 3 is an open world FPS that takes place on an tropical island. It has improved elements over it's previous version but also a lot of similar game play elements. The game play hasn't changed much from Far Cry 2 which include car driving and shooting mechanics. But some of the things that have been added new to this version is weapons (including a bow), side quests, mini games, crafting and animals that you can hunt. Hunting animals is a way to upgrade your weapons and items by crafting the skins of the animals you hunted. The crafting elements works well and is very easy to understand and use (you can also craft from plants for healing and combat purposes). For me the biggest negative for Far Cry 3 is that I didn't fall in love with the single player main characters. But not all characters in game are dull. Some of the NPC characters were interesting. While the multiplayer is very basic and doesn't do anything different than the previous COD does. It does entertain you for awhile but I recommend sticking with single player first. Graphics and sounds are beautiful. Far Cry 3 water elements are one of the best I've seen up to now in any game. Another favorite thing for me was taking over enemy camps by either sneaking in with your stealth like abilities or guns blazing. Other interesting elements to note are, RPG like level ups for your main character and customize weapons. Much more can be said about Far Cry 3 but I will leave that up to you to discover for yourself. If you liked Far Cry 2 than you will enjoy Far Cry 3 even more! Expand
  69. May 22, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is an immensely gorgeous open-world shooter that is nothing revolutionary, yet It still succeeds to be an entertaining game. Exploring the in-game world, while less immersive than It's predecessor, It's still terrifically satisfying and extremely enjoyable. But why it isn't impressive enough? While it's story mode mostly is a success, Far Cry 3 suffers from a pretty linear,Far Cry 3 is an immensely gorgeous open-world shooter that is nothing revolutionary, yet It still succeeds to be an entertaining game. Exploring the in-game world, while less immersive than It's predecessor, It's still terrifically satisfying and extremely enjoyable. But why it isn't impressive enough? While it's story mode mostly is a success, Far Cry 3 suffers from a pretty linear, unsatisfying co-op and an unoriginal multiplayer. Also the story, while enjoyable, It has some dull moments. But with the deeply enjoyable story mode, amazing graphics and a great cast of characters, Far Cry 3 is a success. Expand
  70. May 16, 2013
    my third favorit game of all time get it if you love skyrim get it its skyrim with guns alright i know thats what everyone is saying and it is completely true its fun open world will leave you in with tons of hours
  71. May 1, 2013
    Vaas is the greatest villain ever.. smuff said. Vaas is the greatest villain ever.. smuff said. Vaas is the greatest villain ever.. smuff said.
  72. Apr 29, 2013
    FC3 is one of the best games i have ever played. How can you not like a game that incorporate wildlife so well? It's fun and very immersive world but not overly intimidating to new comers.
  73. Apr 29, 2013
    So, i just finished this game about a week ago and have been going around the island and finishing up side quest. Far Cry 3 is one of the best shooters of 2012. I has a great story, interesting characters, an amazing environment, and fun gameplay. You play as Jason Brody, a young man who got captured by pirates with his group of friends, now you must rescue them and get off the island. ISo, i just finished this game about a week ago and have been going around the island and finishing up side quest. Far Cry 3 is one of the best shooters of 2012. I has a great story, interesting characters, an amazing environment, and fun gameplay. You play as Jason Brody, a young man who got captured by pirates with his group of friends, now you must rescue them and get off the island. I must say, this game has some very good voice acting and character models. Vass is easily one of the most funny and unforgettable bad guys of all time. It was also nice seeing Jason change as a character throughout the game. The game has some awesome gameplay too. You can upgrade your skills by leveling up, you can customize your guns, hunt animals to make equipment and ammo, drive, glide, or swim around the island, and just enjoy the Beauty. Multiplayer and Co-op are also a nice edition to the game and can keep you busy for a good while, of course, the single-player is the best part about Far Cry 3. Overall, Far Cry 3 is an amazing game, and you should play it. Expand
  74. Apr 25, 2013
    I love this game so much. I know it's really late but I just joined so whatever. First of all, the story is extremely immersive and mixes violence, a little humor, drugs and a ton of guns! The gameplay is fun and has stealth and action so you can do one or the other, or mix it up a little. Things ranging from stealth takedowns to wingsuits make this game an extremely awesome ride! The oneI love this game so much. I know it's really late but I just joined so whatever. First of all, the story is extremely immersive and mixes violence, a little humor, drugs and a ton of guns! The gameplay is fun and has stealth and action so you can do one or the other, or mix it up a little. Things ranging from stealth takedowns to wingsuits make this game an extremely awesome ride! The one bad thing for me is the lack of sidequests. Other than that, this is an extremely mind-blowing experience! Expand
  75. Apr 24, 2013
    A brilliant game from start to finish. A griping story line that you can't get enough of and have no idea what you might encounter next.

The side missions and extra actions that you can take part in such as hunting for animals, picking plants, collecting relics and mini games such as target range, knife throwing and even Texas Hold 'em Poker. All of those are rewarding and fun, there is no sense of having to grid through something just to get to the fun parts of the game, because it's all good.

The competitive multiplayer, whist not the best is still worth a few hours playing around with. It has some nice features that aren't found in any other games of the genre, but other than that it's rather generic FPS multiplayer that can't compete with the big titles but easily trumps the rest.

The only negative I have to say about this game is it's Co-op, the idea was there but the time and effort seems not to have been. It's filled with glitches and has a repetitive collections of missions and is easily miss-able. If you feel you need to sit through it to get the trophies (Like I have done) then you will loose a little love for the game, but it's still sits as a solid 10/10 and is 1 of only 3 games that I think earns that.
  76. Apr 21, 2013
    Do I dare say this is a poor man's red dead redemption? Even then that would've been a compliment. This is a great game. The pros were the likable characters, decent story although rather generic, The guns were fun to experiment around with (use the flamethrower fun as heck and OP'd), the stealth aspect was great as you can plan ahead how you want to approach the game; and trust me you'llDo I dare say this is a poor man's red dead redemption? Even then that would've been a compliment. This is a great game. The pros were the likable characters, decent story although rather generic, The guns were fun to experiment around with (use the flamethrower fun as heck and OP'd), the stealth aspect was great as you can plan ahead how you want to approach the game; and trust me you'll want to use stealth. This game also screams repitiveness, but that's the farthest from the truth, if you capture outposts; all of them have different layouts and different types of enemies; all relics and letters of the lost are a challenge to find cause they're all hidden carefully and differently. The multiplayer was decent but not something I'll see myself playing a year from now. What keeps this from getting a 9 or 10 from me? Well there's nothing really in this game that I haven't seen before, you'll think they took aspects from some other video games and jammed it into one. The boss fights were also rather lackluster and a major disappointment from me. The ending was also lackluster. But overall it's a geat game. Expand
  77. Apr 16, 2013
    This comes from someone who HATED Far Cry 2. This is not the ultimate, perfect game I keep hearing people praise about. But, trust me, it's ALMOST there. Engaging story, beautiful (gigantic) island to explore, great vilains (you'll not forget Vaas anytime soon) and a couple of twists along the way. This game is AWESOME. I can see this suiting any audience, not only FPS players. I myselfThis comes from someone who HATED Far Cry 2. This is not the ultimate, perfect game I keep hearing people praise about. But, trust me, it's ALMOST there. Engaging story, beautiful (gigantic) island to explore, great vilains (you'll not forget Vaas anytime soon) and a couple of twists along the way. This game is AWESOME. I can see this suiting any audience, not only FPS players. I myself don't like FPSs very much but I just could not put this down. It got me hooked for more than 20 hours (and I left so much left to be completed). This game cannot be missed and I have to praise not only FC3 but Ubisoft for releasing such an authentic (sometimes daredevil of a game) on a moment where everything is just similar to everything. Great title, PURE ENTERTAINMENT. Expand
  78. Apr 14, 2013
    Thriller game I loved it. The upgrade system is awesome. The variety of missions and the magnificent open world really made me enjoy this game very much.
    I played the co-op as well and it was fantastic.
    I just wished few things to be added or modified on the game. Like stealth mechanism. Many parts required stealth and it wasn't easy do it unless you go sniping from far.
    Overall awesome game.
  79. Apr 13, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is a freaking awesome game!!! Its got great multiplayer, great co-op and what matters most to me... an amazing story! and on top of all that, the graphic are absolutely stunning! The only thing that kinda disappointed me was that i thought the two ending choices could have played out a little more with like another mission or something... but still its a great game that everybodyFar Cry 3 is a freaking awesome game!!! Its got great multiplayer, great co-op and what matters most to me... an amazing story! and on top of all that, the graphic are absolutely stunning! The only thing that kinda disappointed me was that i thought the two ending choices could have played out a little more with like another mission or something... but still its a great game that everybody needs to play! Expand
  80. Apr 8, 2013
    This game was brilliant. The campaign was absolutely amazing, with a superb mix of an intriguing story line, intense game-play and well played out scenes. The multiplayer is pretty fun, but not something I would play all the time.
  81. Apr 6, 2013
    No one can hear your cry in this far away Rook island that was 3 minutes ago. My friends, prepare to experience one of the best games of 2012. Far Cry 3 is an amazing first person shooter that makes you fell like a jungle warrior like no game I know, especially when you go around with a bow taking down pirates and deer while trying not to get clawed by a tiger. When it comes to gameplay,No one can hear your cry in this far away Rook island that was 3 minutes ago. My friends, prepare to experience one of the best games of 2012. Far Cry 3 is an amazing first person shooter that makes you fell like a jungle warrior like no game I know, especially when you go around with a bow taking down pirates and deer while trying not to get clawed by a tiger. When it comes to gameplay, far cry 3 exceeds all expectations. You can blind fire in first person, create amazing kills from below in the water or from above on a zip line and not mention the game's extreme realism. Well, by that I mean when it comes to the shooting mechanics, falls as well as swimming and not by the story or tigers taking 50 bullets to die. When it comes to the plot (don't worry I'm not going to tell you any spoilers) it is moderately good, not amazing but that doesn't mean its a bad one. The map of the game is huge and you'll never get bored exploring even if you're not shooting anything while you do it. As far as guns go, let me just say, there is a lot, several paints to add and weapon add-ons like silencers. There is not one mission in far cry 3 that fails to entertain me with each one drastically different and unique from running across minefields to burning weed and even fighting your own monster hallucinations. Every missions gives you the option of stealth or guns blazing (expect two or three) which makes the missions even more interesting. Now concerning animals, you need them to upgrade things like the amount of ammo you carry and its very entertaining to track down these animals. There are also several side missions like taking over outposts that are guarded by pirates which allow you to fast travel once taken but I won't go into depth about that. The only thing I really didn't like about this game is the multiplayer which I feel it's much like a crappy rundown of games like call of duty or battlefield and when the host quits well, I don't think I would like to write down my reactions.

Overall, Far Cry 3 is one of my favourite first person shooters with stunning graphics and incredible characters which I forgot to mention. I can say that if you like first person shooters, you won't regret this one.
    +Huge, adventurous and detailed world which can entertain for ages
    +Great Graphics and characters
    +Incredible gameplay and missions
    +Awesome combat with extreme realism and "big" guns
    -Poor Multiplayer
    9.3
  82. Apr 4, 2013
    Really good game, stunning graphics and plenty of scope to play the game in your own way, whether it be an all out assault of a stealthy approach. Special mention for Vaas the main antagonist of the game, great character...one of best bad guys in recent times.

Also in a way this game sort of reminded me of Assasins Creed, with the climbing towers to reveal parts of the map, side missions and race missions. At the same time the need to hunt and gather items is a little like Red Dead. If you like either of those games then you'll like this.
  83. Apr 1, 2013
    Esse jogo ta incrivelmente magnifico. Os gráficos estão simplesmente espetaculares, e eu ainda não consegui completar o single player de tao GRANDE e de tão REALISTA que SIMPLESMENTE SENSACIONAL!! Recomendo vivamente!!!!!
  84. Mar 30, 2013
    Free roaming, non-linear, look great and you decide what you want to do and where to go next this is what games in 2013 should be. Best game I've played all year.
  85. Mar 30, 2013
    You play as Jason Brody, and set off on your adventure trying escape from some serious bandits. Lucky for you, your brother was in the army and gets you out safely. Whilst about the escape, he is shot in the head and you a left to run far far away. This scared feeling is what drives your character to kill, hunt and to save your other siblings and friends. You meet a great cast ofYou play as Jason Brody, and set off on your adventure trying escape from some serious bandits. Lucky for you, your brother was in the army and gets you out safely. Whilst about the escape, he is shot in the head and you a left to run far far away. This scared feeling is what drives your character to kill, hunt and to save your other siblings and friends. You meet a great cast of characters, none of which are forgettable, and all carry a great addition to the story. Té multiplayer aspects of the game, although they don't lack too much, aren't very fun. Few types, and a variety of weapons from the single player don't stand out too much. They also created a system where as you are awarded CDs, disk drives, memory sticks, etc. after a match. You must unlock their contents by use of a decoding in game or iOS app. A simple addition which I don't highly regard but they're trying new things. The graphics across all game modes are just astounding, from the glimmer of the sun off the sea, the the dark caverns and waterfalls, it is a magnificent sight for sore eyes. Complimentary to the standard of graphics, sounds are very realistic but get quite repetitive after taking over your 20th gang hideout. Climbing the radio towers which scatter the island are also very repetitive. You can only get enough off, hop, grab, walk, hop, walk. Even thought the single player is among the greatest of the year, and the map editor and multiplayer and simple yet fun additions. The co-operative mode which is included, is probably the dullest and most boring part of any game I played all year. The only reason I trekked through the 6 hour, 6 chapter cooperative story of 4 slaves searching an island for the capturer, was to get the 6 bronze trophies awarded for them, 1 for each. If you want an amazing immersive single player with spectacular graphics, story, and sound, with a mediocrely easy platinum. This is for you. If your in it for the coop, don't waste your money. Single player: 9/10 Multiplayer/Map editor: 7/10 Co-operative: 3/10 The single player is enough to buy this game without hesitation and try at the multiplayer could just get you hooked. Just don't touch the cooperative game modes Expand
  86. Mar 25, 2013
    this game is awsome you are 45 hours in the single player and you can still do so many things till you come to 50 hours than your finisht and its fun to play again the replay is very high.
    and you have a very funny coop its fun to play and you have 6 chapters with the free dlc 8 so there is much to play.
    the multiplayer is hard but fun becouse you can make your own map and that is just awsome.
    so you can play maps of other people and those maps are most fun.
  87. Mar 24, 2013
    It's more like a 9.5, but it's definitely better than a 9.0, so I had to go with 10. There is very little wrong with this game. The world is amazing to look at and to run through. The story is solid, and the game plays great. If you like first-person shooters or even if you don't give this game a try
  88. Mar 23, 2013
    Exploring the in-game island of Far Cry 3 is a great joy, making this game easily the best shooter of the previous year. Far Cry 3 is a huge success. It looks absolutely stunning. The game feels alive, especially when you see predator animals acting realistically. They can attack you and your enemies. And what's more impressive, is that it's different from It's predecessor, in a good way.Exploring the in-game island of Far Cry 3 is a great joy, making this game easily the best shooter of the previous year. Far Cry 3 is a huge success. It looks absolutely stunning. The game feels alive, especially when you see predator animals acting realistically. They can attack you and your enemies. And what's more impressive, is that it's different from It's predecessor, in a good way. Read the full review here: http://www.gamespot.com/far-cry-3/user-reviews/805378/platform/ps3/ Expand
  89. Mar 21, 2013
    I was addicted from the bat. The story gripped me, the combat absorbed me, and the world became something I wanted to explore every inch of. I regret nothing by Platinuming this fantastic game. Jason becomes a character that you care about a lot because you watch him become a badass before your eyes. Some of the side characters are dull and unexciting, but that is for a reason. They areI was addicted from the bat. The story gripped me, the combat absorbed me, and the world became something I wanted to explore every inch of. I regret nothing by Platinuming this fantastic game. Jason becomes a character that you care about a lot because you watch him become a badass before your eyes. Some of the side characters are dull and unexciting, but that is for a reason. They are dull because they haven't evolved to the world that you have and it is the first time that I've been happy that characters were not strong and exciting. Now, after all of this, why am i not giving this the perfect 10/10? Sadly, the multiplayer feels tagged on. The modes are uninspired and uninteresting. The Co-op can be quite fun the server rooms are not the most accepting. If you wanted to play a specific a level, be prepared to spent a lot of time waiting for the 3 people to join your quest cause online quick matches usually only stays on one mission. So beyond the online components of the game, the single player is one of the best experiences in FPS's I've ever played. Expand
  90. Mar 20, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is one of my favorite games of all time. I picked it up expecting a quick knock-around FPS type of experience. What I found was far closer in spirit to Skyrim. The open world is amazing! It's atmospheric, immersive and full of hidden temples, old Japanese war forts and half sunken ships to explore. there are so many fun things to do that you'll always be distracted away from theFar Cry 3 is one of my favorite games of all time. I picked it up expecting a quick knock-around FPS type of experience. What I found was far closer in spirit to Skyrim. The open world is amazing! It's atmospheric, immersive and full of hidden temples, old Japanese war forts and half sunken ships to explore. there are so many fun things to do that you'll always be distracted away from the main story; scaling radio towers, assaulting enemy strongholds, doing hunting challenges, playing poker, bounty hunting, searching for ancient relics, finding lost WWII letters on dead Japanese troops, looting chests... The list could go on. Far Cry 3 is one of those games where just getting from A to B is insanely good fun. You never know what you're going to run into. Maybe there will be a waterfall just waiting for a crazy jetski jump. Or perhaps you'll stumble across a volcano and do a bit of rock climbing. Or a group of friendly NPCs needing to be saved from a deadly tiger attack. It's just so much fun! The combat also gives you complete freedom. Go Metal Gear style, disable alarms, sneak around with a knife and drag dead bodies into bushes or simply smash through the front gates in a car with an RPG in hand. Or how about taking up position somewhere above the enemy with a sniper rifle. Or maybe lacing the road with C4 and mines and then luring the enemy out to you. So many choices. SO MUCH FUN! I can't recommend this game enough. From intense combat to relaxing exploration, Far Cry 3 does it all perfectly! Expand
  91. Mar 20, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is without a doubt my pick for the best game of 2012! To begin with, the island, or should I say islands, are massive and beautiful! I've never seen such detail in such a large map. The storyline is top-notch, as it cleverly shows a man on the verge of insanity. There is so much to do in this game, such as killing and skinning animals, play mini-games like car racing and poker,Far Cry 3 is without a doubt my pick for the best game of 2012! To begin with, the island, or should I say islands, are massive and beautiful! I've never seen such detail in such a large map. The storyline is top-notch, as it cleverly shows a man on the verge of insanity. There is so much to do in this game, such as killing and skinning animals, play mini-games like car racing and poker, and, my favorite, completely destroy enemy pirates in countless ways (my favorite is running them over). However, beating out all of those features are the villains, Vaas and Hoyt. They are two of the best villains I have seen in a long time. This game is fun, thrilling, and humorous, and will have you playing again and again. Far Cry 3 is a can't-miss! Expand
  92. Mar 9, 2013
    Farcry 3 is a pretty fantastic mix of everything average gamers look for in modern games. Farcry 3 features many different optional missions that will urge you to explore Rook Island without totally derailing you from your mission. I wouldn't call it linear by any means, It is "open world" but not so open that it is intimidating, the game despite having options made available to veer fromFarcry 3 is a pretty fantastic mix of everything average gamers look for in modern games. Farcry 3 features many different optional missions that will urge you to explore Rook Island without totally derailing you from your mission. I wouldn't call it linear by any means, It is "open world" but not so open that it is intimidating, the game despite having options made available to veer from the main quest are not so overwhelming that you feel you will never complete them. Farcry 3 allows you to choose just how long you want to spend exploring the island, some days I just dedicated them to removing all those diamonds off my map or making all the red go away! The menu also has this very handy log that lets you know just how much of what you have left before collecting rewards, something that I was very grateful for. The controls aren't wonky or awkward, I personally did not experience any lag or long load times. The visual setting is beautiful and the combat is typical but not in a boring way. It's not a complicated game but it will def keep you engaged in it for periods much longer than you would expect. In it simplicity lies it's genius. It gives you the feel of your own island where you do whatever the hell you feel like doing but not so much that you get distracted from the plot. I thought it was absolutely fantastic, simple, functional, and just generally fun. I have and will continue to recommend this game to my friends. I give it a 10 because I don't feel there is anything to improve on. Game on! Expand
  93. Mar 9, 2013
    Puts other FPS games to shame. How is this for excellence: a superb main mission is in play which is as good as it gets and fully engaging...meanwhile layered directly below and fully accessible is a fully realized world where you can go anywhere and do anything and boy is there a lot to do. Dozens of great weapons, dozens of great vehicles...how about a dive suit, a parachute, a hangPuts other FPS games to shame. How is this for excellence: a superb main mission is in play which is as good as it gets and fully engaging...meanwhile layered directly below and fully accessible is a fully realized world where you can go anywhere and do anything and boy is there a lot to do. Dozens of great weapons, dozens of great vehicles...how about a dive suit, a parachute, a hang glider, a jet ski, a zipline, a speedboat or a nice long swim to get where you are going? And if you swim, remember the sea has beautiful marine life and sharks and crocodiles. I could go on indefinitely...just go get the game and have a blast. Expand
  94. Mar 6, 2013
    I fell in love with the game. The graphics (in a lot of times you find yourself enjoying the island`s view) are wonderful, the gameplay are impressively great, since I`m not a fan of first person shooter games. But it`s the story and its depth that are the cherry on the top. The characters are charismatic (especially the villain Vaal), the plot never goes where you think it`ll go (andI fell in love with the game. The graphics (in a lot of times you find yourself enjoying the island`s view) are wonderful, the gameplay are impressively great, since I`m not a fan of first person shooter games. But it`s the story and its depth that are the cherry on the top. The characters are charismatic (especially the villain Vaal), the plot never goes where you think it`ll go (and that`s good), an the unpredictable ending(s) makes you keep thinking about the island long after you finished the game. Expand
  95. Mar 5, 2013
    This game is great if you give it a chance and use the weapons and tools at your disposal. I did nt like this game at first at all it took me around my 6 to 8 hour mark before I started having fun with it but now it is a blast to play. I give it a 9 because it is an acheivment as far as scope and the graphics still being really good. There is pop in a little but most important to me is IThis game is great if you give it a chance and use the weapons and tools at your disposal. I did nt like this game at first at all it took me around my 6 to 8 hour mark before I started having fun with it but now it is a blast to play. I give it a 9 because it is an acheivment as far as scope and the graphics still being really good. There is pop in a little but most important to me is I haven't noticed any slow down when it gets busy on screen. That is the worst for a game IMO. If you rate this game lower than a 7 or 8 then you either didn't play it or didn't give the game its fair shot. Oh yeah the multiplayer is not for me it just isn't as good as the other shooters I play online but a really good single player game. Expand
  96. Feb 26, 2013
    Hands down the best game of the year. You get a fun multiplayer. And the story will keep you entertained for like 20-30 hours. You get bang for your buck and is pretty challenging
  97. Feb 25, 2013
    The game is awesome. Graphics are great, maps are big and detailed, no lag, glitches or bugs. Great storyline. Feature-ful multiplayer. Game relies heavily on player choice. Great sandbox modes. Addicting multiplayer. Gameplay is kind of like a mix between halo 4 and GRand theft auto.
  98. Feb 23, 2013
    Far Cry 3 was one of those games where I dreaded thinking about the ending of the game, I always checked my game progress to make sure I still had at least 50% more to go. Unfortunately once I finished the game I had no intentions of beating it all over again, after the story was cleared I was drawn towards the multiplayer aspect of the game. And again to report in disappointment..... IFar Cry 3 was one of those games where I dreaded thinking about the ending of the game, I always checked my game progress to make sure I still had at least 50% more to go. Unfortunately once I finished the game I had no intentions of beating it all over again, after the story was cleared I was drawn towards the multiplayer aspect of the game. And again to report in disappointment..... I was disappointed, It excelled in the campaign but fell short with global gaming. Expand
  99. Feb 23, 2013
    I'll make this simple. This is the game of the year. Only the majesty of The Walking Dead pushes it even close. If you have even slightly enjoyed any FPS game you will love it. If you enjoyed Assasins Creed you will love it. Fan of Red Dead Redemption? Look no further. And like RDR and the best AC games, this is a game you will immerse yourself in, get lost in, BELIEVE in. The graphicsI'll make this simple. This is the game of the year. Only the majesty of The Walking Dead pushes it even close. If you have even slightly enjoyed any FPS game you will love it. If you enjoyed Assasins Creed you will love it. Fan of Red Dead Redemption? Look no further. And like RDR and the best AC games, this is a game you will immerse yourself in, get lost in, BELIEVE in. The graphics are sensational and the atmosphere unlike anything for a long time. It has hours of non story mode playability and is the first game I've Ben desperate to return to for a long time. Gripes about the ending aside (I quite liked it anyway) you'll be sad to see the story end so good is it. And that these days is a true rarity. Superb. Expand
  100. Feb 22, 2013
    I really enjoy the Far Cry series but however I was a little annoyed with Far Cry 2 I didn't hate it just a few things that needed to be fixed. The long distance travelling, annoying weapons and the freaking constant ambush. All I can say Is that Ubisoft has listened to there mistakes and and fixed them and made it 10x better. Amazing Open-world shooter just brilliant a must. If you likeI really enjoy the Far Cry series but however I was a little annoyed with Far Cry 2 I didn't hate it just a few things that needed to be fixed. The long distance travelling, annoying weapons and the freaking constant ambush. All I can say Is that Ubisoft has listened to there mistakes and and fixed them and made it 10x better. Amazing Open-world shooter just brilliant a must. If you like GTA and Call of Duty this is a must. Expand

1. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Jan 28, 2013
    Brilliant in concept, truly great in execution despite a few stumbles. A must own title. [January 2013, p68]
  2. Jan 7, 2013
    Despite being hampered by a well meaning, but ultimately interfering, plot, Far Cry 3 has evolved into a decadent, playful and exciting title. Be it quality programming, dumb luck or a mixture of them both, the game plunges you into a thick, gloopy world of sugary gameplay, shimmering visuals, intoxicating audio as well as a great deal more. It's long, stupid and buckets of fun - just what you need to burn away the winter blues.
  3. Jan 3, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is a terrific and is one of the best games I've played in a long time. Far Cry 3's main draw is the deep and engaging campaign, but the multiplayer modes are also serviceable enough to keep you playing for a long time.