8.5

1. Dec 30, 2012
    What à dissapointment, i mean people dont have taste anymore. They made a good game into a mix of call of duty. If they woul cut this blurry action sequences with blinking bodies and ugly weapons and with ugly rapid shots it would be a decent follow up. Also it has to many "have seen it before" sequences and the name Jason what the **** is that name all about. CoD had the same name. Don't do me wrong barcause I was thinking all thrue the game if I like it or not because there are som good **** in it, but all in all its a **** game who have degraded it to mainstream. What the **** where developers thinking and you lazy games for rating it so high? Hmmm to make money and think of what the others games have so they can make it sellable for kids. No problem for me that the storys about youths and vaas was great but to make it like à pixie action game there was the line. Loved the first and second game this i will sell in à instance and talk **** about for ages. There is quantity over quality these days and the producers and developers have become ****y lames of excuses...bring back real games i tell you...and pokerplaying that has copies from ex Red Dead R as other things was good but when you play à long time of poker you have this annoying guy repeatingly nagging about what you have been done all over again. Also you have so mutch money you cant spend em all becouse you get all wepons for free when you climb stupid towers. There are ugly glitches and buggs as well all over the game wich there are in all games but come on telling me that this is beutiful and perfect design in war games pffff. However the car crashes into water and on land are great. And sound and music perfect. For me this is modern call of duty at best even if I hate what they did to that game. So therefor ill give it a 5.. Ubisoft you where one my heroes in the past but you have become a retard sellout for these lame of excuse of gamers and even wrecked Splinters Cell....come on!!!! Expand
  2. Jan 12, 2013
    If you've played Walking Dead or tried to play some expansions for Bethesda games you know what lag can do to a game, well this game has the same problems. This alone should scare you off, but there is more.

I bought this game for two reasons

Multiplayer with map editor. Are you ready for this? You cannot take your created maps and make a lobby with multiple maps. Even if you make a
    lobby with your one map, nobody will show up. You can leave it sit there for ten minutes and your name will be the only one. What is the point of making a map no one will ever play, including yourself. They also have some nazi register bullcrap to make sure everyone pays for it. Now ask yourself why less than 1000 people are playing the multiplayer at any given time, I'll tell you why, because it is unpolished, controls are wonky and the maps created by people who are paid to design maps are awful.

The other reason I bought it was because I read it has survival aspects, being mgs3 was one of my favorite games I figured hell yeah. Well got some bad news there as well. You don't kill things for meat, you kill things for skin to make stupid **** so you can actually carry enough ammo to take out a group of three people. And of course you need specific animal skin for specific items. You also get to pick some herbs, and the map shows you exactly where they are, along with all the "hidden" relics, of course you could just not unlock the radio tower that opens the map but then you would not know where the bad guys bases were. What do you get to do with these herbs? If you guessed make potions that you inject with a syringe you are right, which means you are as stupid as the game creators. Congrats! Just don't accidently pull out your C4 everytime you try to use anything like I do.

Other problems, limited loot and yet there is no chest in the safe house! Saving every minute so that you don't lose all the **** you crafted, because god knows upgrades don't warrant an autosave. Cliche acting that is neither so bad its good, or good. Driving that makes Grand Theft Auto 4 look like Burnout, with of course get from A to B in the allotted time or kids will die without their meds. Little do they know getting anywhere in the game on the ATV is so great a challenge the time limit was completely unnecessary. This game as many of late has the 30 minute intro that is set in stone so don't go outside the mission zone. Did I mention a camera that as far as I can tell doesn't take pictures nor dispense candy.

Basically this is another Mercenaries 2 game that you will get bored with first day and never play again. Warning this game has RPG elements which forces you to play the game to gain xp so that you can actually play the game. Imagine if Hitman had to learn how to drag a body.
  3. Apr 10, 2013
    This is a game for bro's. I do not mean that in a good way. If you identify yourself or your friends as bro's than you will love this game for its over the top everything. If you are not a bro and think of bro's as big buff immature kids in desperate need of substance than you will feel exactly like that towards this game. This game relies on the F word way too much.
  4. Jun 28, 2013
    I loved Far Cry 2, and i expected this to be an ultimate survivor story filled with dangerous animals, and you'd have to use your survival instincts to prevail against the dangers of the jungle. What did i get? A little boy playing with a machete in a jungle, throwing rocks and assassinating mercenaries. WHAT?! I did not ask for this. The only decent thing about this is stealth-mechanics, because the shooting has been messed up, and sometimes you think your AK and sniper-rifle are shooting BB-pellets. The Co-op is horrible and the multiplayer is so, so bad. The singleplayer is the only decent thing in this PS3-CD, what contains game-files what Ubisoft calls a game. The only things worth mentioning of this game are: That you don't have to take malaria medicine and this game helped make the Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, which i personally loved. So the plain Far Cry 3 was good on the storyboard and theory but was executed horribly. What can i say? Good try, bad outcome. Expand
  5. Dec 23, 2012
    This is the worst shooter since Syndicate. The awful bloom effect, the open world (if you could even call it that) is lacking severely. Vaas is the worst, most predictable villain in years and Jason has no personality, simply another silent fps protagonist. I want my money back.
  6. Jul 28, 2013
    This game features stunning visuals, a decent story, and fun combat. The hunting mechanic was a very interesting and fun addition. However, once you complete the story and begin doing side missions, the game gets rather boring. Once you've killed one tiger, you've killed em all. In my opinion, Far Cry 2 was a better game.
  7. Oct 22, 2013
    Big disappointment, no wonder watchdogs has been delayed, these guys miss the point, naughty dog and bethseda know how to develop games, this is a boring mess. Menus, mission structure and characters are the worst I have ever seen, I pushed through 6 hours and am ready to throw it in the bin, 3 points for nice graphics.
  8. Jun 14, 2013
    This is a fantastic game, one of the best games of the year! Good story, lead character, open world is evlolved beautifully and immerses you almost instantaneously, gameplay is pick up and really enjoyable! What's not to like? Oh, and the animals are the best designed and 'brought to life' you could want in a game! Loved it so much, I platinumed it, and not many games grip me for that long!
  9. Jun 15, 2014
    So me and my girlfriend bought this game to test it out.
    The game throw you right into action, which is not that bad, abit to rushed though.
    The game is filled with action, but kinda repeats itself alittle to much.
    you have about 41 different kinds of animals you can "slay" and use for different kinds of crafting meterials, some of the same animals like tigers that clearly is different,
    but have the same kind of skin disappoints me a little..

Missions and side stories are in general ok, but some is REALLY frustrating compared to the rest.

The game focuses alot on doing stuff around besides saving your friends, which makes little sence to me, your friends are freaking captured, if you gonna save them, whats the point of activating radio towers while your friends are held captive?

ANYWAYS, the game really focuses on rushing you into things, give you small thrills and hypes during intense moments, but the controlls and how you move around, doesn't quite fit in.
    if this game was supposed to be given to someone as a gift it would mainly be because you hated the person and wanted them to suffer abit.

We also tried to check how the Multiplayer for online worked, and we used quite a while to even find out where we had to click to join eachothers, you didn't even get up a notice on "you have an invite" or "Person has invited you to play" nope, you have to go on multiplayer - Multiplayer - Friends - The friend that has invited you - accept invite...
    and people quick joins so fast that its mearly impossible to freaking join your friend.. which really sucks.
    couldn't they just have made the same system as Call of Duty? you get a mail in your inbox to join a friend..
    atleast that was simple and it worked.

sorry but it won't be a high grade from me on this.
  10. Jul 17, 2013
    I hoped that, being this the third instalment of a sequel, it might have a chance of actually being something good. The only good thing that comes out of it is the idea behind it all, which is a shame. It feels and looks like you're playing a 128 bits console and it is so repetitive... the whole picking items up and crafting stuff is confusing, boring and not very believable. You can hide but there is no cover option, which makes a whole sense in this type of game. What brings me down the most is the disapointment you get whren you realise it does not take advantage of PS3's capabilities... Expand

1. Brilliant in concept, truly great in execution despite a few stumbles. A must own title. [January 2013, p68]
  2. Jan 7, 2013
    Despite being hampered by a well meaning, but ultimately interfering, plot, Far Cry 3 has evolved into a decadent, playful and exciting title. Be it quality programming, dumb luck or a mixture of them both, the game plunges you into a thick, gloopy world of sugary gameplay, shimmering visuals, intoxicating audio as well as a great deal more. It's long, stupid and buckets of fun - just what you need to burn away the winter blues.
  3. Jan 3, 2013
    Far Cry 3 is a terrific and is one of the best games I've played in a long time. Far Cry 3's main draw is the deep and engaging campaign, but the multiplayer modes are also serviceable enough to keep you playing for a long time.