7.5

1. Mar 18, 2013
    I bought this game yesterday, and played near from 8h. It is awesome. I don't get why people put an average score to this game. It is excellent! If you like the manga, you will definitely like the game. The cinematics are good and the gameplay is really fun. Maybe people are too young for know the anime serie and don't understand the Ken's philosophy... Well 10/10 for me!
  2. Apr 15, 2013
    Whether or not you've played the first Ken's Rage, this sort-of-sequel has plenty to offer if you're actually interested in the source material. The original story is followed very closely, even into its not-stellar final acts, and the plethora of playable characters kind of give you a chance to mess around with your favorite or even curiosity-piquing fighters.

The gameplay is pretty
    simple, but that only serves to make the massive casualties at the fingertips of your dreaded martial arts all the more satisfying. Cut scenes can get tedious, but like I said, if you're interested in the source material, it's kind of nice. Dream mode, the free play mode for all of the characters you can unlock is fun co-op on the couch if you have a dynasty warrior loving friend nearby, but don't expect anyone to be online for online team play. This kind of robs you of that Platinum trophy, but oh well. Mindless fun, fanboy fave. Expand
  3. Jul 11, 2013
    Waited a lot to buy this title, finally at the age of 30 I managed to play the perfect title for my favourite manga/anime ever. I wanted this to come 21 years ago, but I'm glad that I could totally play this game. If you are not a fan of the saga do not bother purchasing it, this is a fantastic game but you must be a fan of the manga/anime to fully appreciate it. Being a fan of dynasty warriors will not cover that part. The game also offer different options to play along the dream mode that allow you to get to know the side characters and many of the enemies in a better way. 10/10 again, if you are not a Kenshiro's saga fan do not bother, you would get a game you may not enjoy that much. Expand

1. If you’re a fan of the manga, maybe that’s enough to lure you towards Ken’s Rage 2. With a whole bunch of episodes (both based on the classic tale and new stories) to work through, you’ll certainly get a bang for your buck. The question is whether you’ll want to spend it in the first place. [April 2013, p75]
  2. Mar 21, 2013
    No real progression means this one is for the hardcore fans only but the staggering amount of content plus online co-op does help make up for disappointing changes elsewhere. [Issue#229, p.78]
  3. Nauseatingly basic. [March 2013, p.114]