7.1

1. Feb 19, 2013
    Wow! I decided to treat myself and buy Ken's Rage 2. I enjoy most Koei games. Being a huge fan of Dynasty Warriors, I thought this game couldn't be too different. I was way off. The mechanics of this game are very similar to dynasty warriors, however it feels like a broken and dumbed down version. Comparing the graphics and gameplay alone to Dynasty Warriors 7 or Warriors Orochi 3, theWow! I decided to treat myself and buy Ken's Rage 2. I enjoy most Koei games. Being a huge fan of Dynasty Warriors, I thought this game couldn't be too different. I was way off. The mechanics of this game are very similar to dynasty warriors, however it feels like a broken and dumbed down version. Comparing the graphics and gameplay alone to Dynasty Warriors 7 or Warriors Orochi 3, the graphics feel very dated and the gameplay does not flow. The game's pace is very slow and the campaign is terrible. Also as a warning, this game is not in english but does have english subtitles. Don't expect to find an online game, because nobody is ever on. There is no online community which makes completing the achievements impossible. Please do not buy. If you are interested in the series, purchase Ken's Rage 1 and try that first. Expand

1. If you’re a fan of the manga, maybe that’s enough to lure you towards Ken’s Rage 2. With a whole bunch of episodes (both based on the classic tale and new stories) to work through, you’ll certainly get a bang for your buck. The question is whether you’ll want to spend it in the first place. [April 2013, p75]
  2. Mar 21, 2013
    No real progression means this one is for the hardcore fans only but the staggering amount of content plus online co-op does help make up for disappointing changes elsewhere. [Issue#229, p.78]
  3. Nauseatingly basic. [March 2013, p.114]