4.7

1. Oct 14, 2013
    Naturally, I would be tempted by a fighting game like this! However I urge caution before buying this.
    This game is cheap for a reason, and offers little value at that. The basic controls are frustrating and that's only the start. As the game plays we are treated to some visually futuristic menus and all seems promising, the music for this game is also good, most of the time. Sadly however from there it's mostly downhill. The controls are very basic, you can kick, punch, block, throw and special attack, however these are limited. Combos are a rarity and the collision detection is poor. The most annoying thing about the gameplay however is the 'announcer' who will repeatedly pass comment on the fight ranging from pathetic to psycho killer. The voice is monotonous and despite sounding like a good idea at the start, the novelty wears off after a round or two. In terms of graphics this game does ok at best, however at times they could be mistaken for a good ps2 games graphics, again being generous. Online is an option here however the online gameplay lags even more than the offline gameplay and collision detection goes from poor to nonexistent, that's if you can find an opponent at all!

To summarise Girl Fight seems like a good idea however the execution is lacking. The game has an almost unfinished feel to it which disappoints. If you are interested then make sure you enjoy the demo of the game before upgrading!!

The Good:
    Good Music Score

The Bad:
    Awful Controls
    Limited Command List
    Few Characters to choose
    Laggy Online Play
    Poor Value For Money

Score: 4/10: Poor

1. Dec 30, 2013
    Girl fight is a difficult game to recommend. It’s clear to see where the developers were drawing their inspiration, however they have succeeded only in creating a game which emulates the bigger budget titles on a very basic level.
  2. Dec 13, 2013
    Dear Kung Fu Factory, please try harder next time, because you showed some potential, but I had to look for it through a microscope. [13/2013, p.73]
  3. Nov 7, 2013
    Overall, Girl Fight feels like a cheap, less fluid (motion-wise), knock off of Dead or Alive. The arcade mode demands you play through at least seven times, which wouldn’t necessarily be a bad thing if this were a better game.