7.0

1. Feb 9, 2012
    This game is Awesome! I cant believe there are 1000 levels! I will try my hardest to achieve that level because I don't think this game will get old. This was a brilliant idea for a game; I just hope it will be supported throughout the year. This game deserves attention because it is a fantastic game 10/10
  2. Feb 9, 2012
    I really enjoy this game. For 15 bucks this one is a no brainer. It may not be near as deep as cod or bf3, but in my opinion its a awesome break from both those games. The controls feel tight, the ability to choose your own gadgets and attire. True the 200 bucks worth of dlc is a bit weird on day 1, but they aren't forcing you to buy it and it in no way makes the 15 dollars worth of game you get any less enjoyable. For price and amount of time i have enjoyed it thus far i would give it a 9/10. Expand
  3. Jul 7, 2012
    They fixed the matchmaking. Fun mechanics, original gameplay, definitely worth $30 but it is only $15. Grappling hooks, roller skates, glide bombers, trampolines, ice guns, all implemented well with the whole package. Must buy.
  4. Feb 9, 2012
    The game sucks, it is a shameless attempt to cash in on the recent success of Batman games, and the $200+ worth of day one DLC is proof of the fact that the developers were more concerned with making a quick buck than they were with actually making a good game. The Graphics are extremely poor by PS3 standards, and the gameplay leaves much to be desired. The fact that the matchmaking is somewhat broken only adds to how terrible and genuinely boring the game is to play. I would avoid this unless you enjoy bad games. There isn't any single player content, so once the online community dies out, you won't even be able to play the thing. Expand
  5. Feb 17, 2012
    Beside horrible matchmaking and team balancing (new game, it needs a patch) this game is really worth it. It has some kool maps and gadget. Teher is no single player campaign, beware of this, if you are not into MP stay away from this.
    I would also add that after playing this, you can really feel that paying 60$ for Call Of Duty is a total ripoff. Not that its better, its just pretty much
    the same thing with a different skin. I like them both and will probably purchase COD future release anyway because im a FPS fan...

Verdict, worth playing really. But they need to fix matchmaking and team balancing.
  6. Mar 18, 2012
    The game is fun, features a lot levels for any shooter fan to blast his way to (1000 levels). The game however has a lot of matchmaking issues, a lack of levels, and feels a lot like Call of Duty if the military dressed up as Batman and the Joker, and had their funding taken away. collecting items and customization can be a bit addicting, and the gunplay is rather solid. Definitely worth the $15 price tag, but no more. Expand
  7. Mar 7, 2012
    Matchmaking is terrible for an online game, sucks the fun right out of it when you spend more time waiting than actually playing the damn thing. Only game type worth playing is deathmatch as the other game mode Fumigation takes light years to find 8 players. Wait until the game is patched to a working state before parting with your cash.
  8. Feb 9, 2012
    Small matchmaking issues and long load times are minor issues when compared to the amount of fun that can be had with this game. It's a blast to play, customization is great (And you can still get great gear without buying the $100's worth of DLC) , and I can't wait to jump back in and play soon.
  9. Feb 9, 2012
    This game is fantastic! I could play it all day, I remember the old days of Countes Strike, because it is fun and easy to play, the variety of weapons is not very big, but the items that makes the game more fun, and abilities that only contains some characters. I advise you to buy very very cheap price for this game. I live in a place where many online games have lag because I was playing against opponents across the world, but this game has no lag at all, a super bright spot for it! Expand
  10. Aug 18, 2012
    This is game is a very light-hearted, inspired by Team Fortress 2 game. For a fifteen dollar online FPS( or if you have PS+), I do not get why people are so harsh. DUDES, you guys are only pay $15 for 6 maps. You expected a AAA quality game?
  11. Feb 12, 2012
    I don't recommend this game YET. This game is STILL in development. You pay for an extended beta version.
    Matchmaking is horrible. You should not have to wait up to half an hour for a 5 minute match. Oh and hope none of your teammates disconnect or leave because nobody is able to join an ongoing match.
    YOU GOT A THOUSAND LEVEL but hope your stats don't reset because you start all over
    again and again and again.
    Wait a month and check their Forum to see if things changed.
    BUT if you can overlook all this and 15 bucks to throw away might as well get it.
    It is after all a fun game.
  12. Feb 28, 2012
    If you like FPS then get this game! Its pure fun and well worth £11.99, the amount of things you can customise is great, the gameplay is good, the graphics are superb for a downloadable title and their is an update coming out in March with new weapons, gadgets and a new map for free. And, well you wont find anything as good for the price on PSN. Great game.
  13. Mar 22, 2012
    This is hands down the best $15 game ever created on psn. With that out of the way, i would like to elaborate on a few things. The patched fixed most of the matchmaking problems, added a new map, weapons, etc. This game is a breath of fresh air when compared to standard military-issue games that feature the same things year after year after year like cod, bf, etc. Sure it borrowed things from other fps games, but this is a game all on its own. Where else could you fly, dive bomb ppl, freeze ppl, disorient ppl with gas, boomerangs, etc? I play this game for hours a day and it never gets old. Every match i see something fun and interesting i havent saw before. Its one of the most interesting and humorous games out there, and for $15, what you get for the price cant be beat. You dont have to buy dlc, they patched it with new weapons for free. Death comes in a variety of ways. You never know whats around the next corner. Lets go into body types, there are 5 dif bodies, speedy, nimble, tough (default), burly, and mighty. Each one has its advantages/disadvantages so choosing your perfect setup is entirely up to you. Thats the great part of this game. The freedom to customize your character to fit your playing style. Whether you wanna roll on skates for more ground speed, fly thru the air to get to objectives faster, grapple yourself to sniping locations, its just endless the things you can do. The community is great so far, and its steadily picking up. More players like myself are growing tired of the same old fps games that feature the same things over and over, looking at you cod. Seriously, if youre bored of getting killed by ppl tucked in corners, prone shots, or any of the other nonsense, look no further. You will soon forget the sad memories as theres no prone shots, and the tools they give you in this game makes camping seem like a joke. You could have much more fun with this than you might expect for $15 i highlyyy recommend this game. Join our online community and see what has been created. A game that is fun. After all, isnt that what games are supposed to be. Dont buy cod just cuz all of your friends have it lol be yourself and buy your own games, and dont worry about anybody but yourself. Cod is the same game year after year. Its a camping festival and boring as hell to play. Even mw3 used the same engine as mw2, yet they charge u $60 lol what a joke. This game, while borrowing (obviously) some things from other fps, differentiates itself as soon as you join a match. Every weapon, gadget, support item has a counter to it. So anything you see happening to you, can be countered. Theres a learning curve no doubt before you could stay alive and not die cheaply. Once you figure these out though, it feels fresh, and you realize how much time has been put in to this relatively cheap game. I would suggest playing fumigation over psych warfare or team deathmatch as you will spare yourself a lot of cheap deaths. And capturing objectives and working together as a team is much more enjoyable than just firing helping yourself. Anyway, download the game. Dont listen to your friends or family. This is an original game that simply cannot be missed.. Expand
  14. May 18, 2012
    Terrific game that dares to be daring. It takes the best parts of call of duty brink and other fps games and cuts most of the crap; everything in the game can be overpowered when used well but then every weapon has its countering trump. For 15$ it's a steal
  15. Jul 7, 2012
    I've spent around 30 minutes total trying to play this game and yet not only have I not been able to play, but I haven't seen another player online. Since this was released free on the PSN I doubt there's nobody playing it.

Listen up, Warner Brothers. It doesn't matter how good your game is IF NOBODY CAN PLAY IT!

Don't waste your time or, god forbid, your money.
  16. Jun 1, 2013
    I was absolutely addicted to this game when it came out. I'm not a big fan of first person shooters, but this one was just crazy. It was very funny and it was entertaining to kill a bunch of people with the shredder. You get to customize your characters choose which gadgets you want to use. Although the matchmaking is bad and there are a lot of glitches in this game.
  17. Feb 7, 2014
    This game is F2P on consoles and Steam. It has the best FPS gameplay I've personally seen because it's fun, innovative and cool. I can also honestly say this is the funniest game I've ever played. It lacks a theater mode like Black Ops has, which means people can (and will) lagswitch/invisibility/inf ammo hack you. The game has a paywall, there's a gun called the Witch Doctor which a fairly large amount of people use, it costs $5 and guarantees your team an automatic victory, if you want to combat that you need to pay the $5 to buy a Witch Doctor. Lag is another severe issue, the game lags so severely that you can't tell if someone is lag switching or if it's Monolith's fault for piss poor programming. If the game were $60 I'd have to give it a 1 instead of 5 because of it's near gamebreaking negatives, I've actually deleted the game because of it's lack of theater, paywall and lag and bought Black Ops. GCI does have similar gameplay to Black Ops but it's original and 100% worth owning if you don't have Black Ops and you like character customization, the character customization in this is AAA, that alone is what makes this game so special, 5 may seem like a very low score but a Theater mode is a must for any type of shooter so you gain the ability to exploit lagswitchers/hackers, it's only possible to do via a shooter's Theater mode. If this had a Theater mode I would give the review an 8 which is deserving. Expand
  18. Feb 12, 2012
    again and again and again.
    Wait a month and check their Forum to see if things changed.
    It is after all a fun game.

Even with the enormous amount of customization options, plentiful weapons and gadgets and a rather solid progression system, Gotham City Impostors can't hide the fact that it's a fairly ordinary shooter, despite the colorful packaging.
  2. [G]ripes aside, Gotham City Impostors is a surprisingly solid shooter and with the sizeable first DLC drop, Warner Bros. is promising improvements across the board. If they deliver on that, consider upgrading this score to must-buy status, rather than a nice-to-have. [April 2012, p72]
  3. Apr 10, 2012
    An addictive game, pulled apart by terrible matchmaking.