• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Nov 24, 2010
7.8

1. Nov 20, 2017
    Un gran juego de conduccion exclusivo de PS3, lo unico negativo son los fallos jugables graves, pero si te gustan los simuladores y no tienes un PC, esta es una de tus mejores opciones.
  2. Oct 28, 2017
    This is pretty much the worst racing game I have EVER played. And keep in mind I am a fan of racing sims and cars in general. This game has lots of potential, but it is simply terrible. My biggest complaint about the game is the selection of cars. Now before you argue "it has 1,000 cars" only around 150 are actually selectable and have an interior view. The rest of the 850 cars from theThis is pretty much the worst racing game I have EVER played. And keep in mind I am a fan of racing sims and cars in general. This game has lots of potential, but it is simply terrible. My biggest complaint about the game is the selection of cars. Now before you argue "it has 1,000 cars" only around 150 are actually selectable and have an interior view. The rest of the 850 cars from the previous games are only selectable on certain REAL-LIFE days (not joking) and literally don't have interiors. One of the biggest flaws with this game aside from that is that whenever you buy a new car in the game, the car you are CURRENTLY driving is erased from your garage. I've had to buy THREE PT Cruisers (I own the car irl and wanted to drive it) because it keeps getting erased from my garage whenever I buy something else. It is mind-numbingly boring doing the same few races over and over again in the same car just so I can save up to buy a car that was erased from my garage. It's really stupid. The gameplay isn't so bad, but the controls are absolutely awful. Why use the ANALOG TRIGGERS to SHIFT GEARS when they could instead be used to precisely control acceleration or braking? The pressure sensitive face buttons work well enough, but coming from Forza I always intend to downshift and wind up slamming on the brakes instead. Oh, and the sounds from the cars are awful. They really do sound like vacuum cleaners. The worst part is, you can't her your OWN car, but every other car around you is clearly audible. This throws me off because I keep thinking I should shift because my car is revving high when really it was just the car next to me making all the noise. There are constant frame drops and the game gets choppy when more than 5 cars are on the screen. On split-screen, VERY FEW cars are selectable, I'm talking around 30 cars. In Forza, you can choose ANY CAR on split-screen. Oh yeah, and they completely dropped online mode for this game. GT6's multiplayer is being dropped, for sure, now that GT Sport is out, which has an even worse car roster. And to top it all off, GameStop won't even give me a PENNY for this game! No joke, the trade value on the app for Gran Turismo 5 is $0.00. I'm serious. Good thing I paid only $5 for this game. It's total trash. Forza is SO MUCH BETTER! Expand
  3. Oct 17, 2017
    C'est étonnamment paradoxal mais GT5 est le meilleur des GT au niveau de sa conduite qui a très sensiblement progressé : il n'est pas devenu très réaliste pour autant mais propose un comportement assez cohérent désormais et presque plaisant avec un volant.

Néanmoins, c'est aussi le plus décevant à de très nombreux égards : IA toujours débile pour ne pas dire inexistante, collisions ridicules, ombres pixélisées, pluie ratée, interface d'un autre âge, bruits de moteur toujours aussi affreux, majorité des voitures "standard" très laides, Nascar inutile, Kart anecdotique, rallye dispensable et mal fait, permis chiants... et j'en passe.

Inégal graphiquement, l'éclairage est tout de même de qualité et les ralentis sont toujours aussi appréciables. De son côté, le multi-joueurs n'est certes pas trop mal fichu mais peuplé comme d'habitude de kévins idiots (pléonasme). Quant au mode carrière construit sur le même modèle depuis GT1, il n'a pas évolué et s'avère rapidement limité et barbant. Il est temps que Polyphony se réveille : les Forza Motorsport de Turn 10 lui roulent dessus sans forcer.
  4. Oct 11, 2017
    Wonderful graphics, huge variety of cars and manufacturers, lots and lots of tracks plus the option of making your own track, realistic sound and visual effects BUT there is a huge BUT!!! This is not a driving simulation as it's says!!! It's on the same level with the well known Mario kart game! If it was an app on android store or on Appstore then yes cool, but for playstation 3 it's justWonderful graphics, huge variety of cars and manufacturers, lots and lots of tracks plus the option of making your own track, realistic sound and visual effects BUT there is a huge BUT!!! This is not a driving simulation as it's says!!! It's on the same level with the well known Mario kart game! If it was an app on android store or on Appstore then yes cool, but for playstation 3 it's just a big **** Expand
  5. Jul 6, 2017
    *Mis zapatillas de andar por casa en una maratón corren mas rápido que los coches de GT5.
    Después de este impertinente comentario voy a proceder con el anal-isis de este videojuego.
    Cosas a destacar: lo mejor pero de laaaaaaargo son los coches NASCAR y los karts. Muy divertidos de conducir y además las carreras suelen estar reñidas en el online, pero en mi caso desde la cola peleandome
    desde la cola peleandome por el antepenúltimo puesto.
    Lo peor quizá sea lo aparatoso del menú, la interfaz y las cargas infiiiniiiiiiitaaaas.
  6. Jun 12, 2017
    4 years of wait and it's finally here. Did the wait been worth it for those who waited, YES. Is it the best looking game ever made on a console, NO. Does it simulate as near as possible the reality, YES. To be honest three months ago I've never played any GT games, only heard of 'em as a difficult game and as the KING of racing simulation game because they weren't like any other games in4 years of wait and it's finally here. Did the wait been worth it for those who waited, YES. Is it the best looking game ever made on a console, NO. Does it simulate as near as possible the reality, YES. To be honest three months ago I've never played any GT games, only heard of 'em as a difficult game and as the KING of racing simulation game because they weren't like any other games in which you can take a ''U'' turn at 300 km/h without any braking. I pre-ordered it and then I bought GT3 and GT4 to be more familiar with the handling, and man that was so addicting that I just played 2 hours of my COD blackOPS. As a mechanical engineer I loved every aspect of customization of those two games and with every thing I seen and heard of GT5 on the web, I was sure that GT5 will be The GOD of racing, well that's true but for 19,32% of the game (witch means 200 out of1035 cars). Don't take me wrong here, what I said is for 20% of the cars every thing (graphics, physics, tuning, handling) is the best with compared to any other racing or car simulating game and that easily over Forza and PGR4 (for the blind xbox fanboys I have to say I really love my Forza as a Game not as a simulator). For the 80% left, well I have to say I'm a little bit disappointed cause the day b4 the game came out I was playing GT4, and when I play for the first time GT5 with my very first STANDARD car (a Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STi '94, my favorite car from GT4), the first thing I noticed and didn't want to believe, but my sister, who has any interest in gaming and graphics, made me realize by saying : why are you still playing GT4 didn't you just bought GT5. Man that was ridiculous, I mean waiting 4 years for a game witch costs over 60 million $ to make, and they put a HD version of PS2 cars. Man what was Yamauchi doing all these years, was he taking a cup of vine with Ferrari's directors on red carpets. Did all of the 60 million budget go to the publicity campaigns. Personally I take that as an insult to my intelligence and to my love for this series. Now that the little crisis is past lets back to those 800 cars and some tracks that PD acknowledged that they take 'em from GT4 and polished 'em. For me graphics are important, cause I'm very visual and I don't think I'm the only one here, and knowing that to have my premium car with graphic's power of PS3 I have to be level 30 when I'm just level 10, it's a little bit annoying. But for those purists, and I think there is a lot of 'em too, that the game-play is more important than the graphics, those 800 cars are fabulous, because it's not that they are ugly, no not at all, they just don't have textures and they suffer from some aliasing, but the physics, handling an tuning are as realist as their Premium brothers. For the simulation part, I have anything to say, except : WOOOOOOOOOOOW. As I said as an engineer I can feel every little tuning that I did. Every car has its own and unique characteristics : sounds, weighs and handling. And for that I really think that GT5 deserve its : THE REAL SIMULATION. The menus aren't difficult, their just different from other games, but that's not a deal barker, cause you'll be used to understand it really quick. A last thing about graphics, I hear a lot a people complain about it is damages, GT series never had it and that not prevent GT to be the KING. I mean think about it one second, what happen in other games when you crash... nothing, you wait a little and your car flash and spawns back like it had nothing. What are you complaining about people, this is a SIMULATION not a game. If you want damages or destruction in simulation, well guess what, you have to pay a lot of money to repair it from ground because that's is the real thing, the same in real life when you crash you have to repair it or to buy another one. That's not funny in real life and I don't think you want to pay extra-credits, witch's not easy to earn, to re-buy your Ferrari enzo that cost you 1,5 million credits. Any way in this game you don't have to touch any other car, that's why you disqualify instantly when you hit other cars when trying to earn your license. So calm down people and if you want to see your car crashes, well go buy BurnOut and have fun. To finish this I have to say that this is again the KING of racing genres, because this is 5 game in one : F1, NASCAR, Regular races in town, kart and dirt. So every PS3 owner should have this, cause this is not vulgar racing car, this is a culture, this is a religion this is the REAL SIMULATION. P.S. My score is a 8.5 but as others I gave it 10 for those insignificant 0's. Expand
  7. Apr 25, 2017
    Fantastic driving simulation game. Definitely my favourite.

The controls are great and very responsive. Which I feel is very essential for driving games. It's quite impressive.

The game is definitely fun to play.
  8. Apr 16, 2017
    This was, and is, by far, the best simulation racing game on the PS3. A must own, and a game that I've personally sank 300+ hours into. Bloody challenging trophies too!!
  9. Aug 30, 2016
    One of the best racing games! It has great graphics and great gameplay. I love the cars in the game. I really suggest everyone to play the Gran Turismo Series because they're great!
  10. Aug 30, 2016
    GT5 es tener en las manos un diamante, empezar a tallarlo de puta madre y a mitad de camino cagarla y venderlo. 1200 coches de los cuales 900 son completamente pasables, otros tantos son un remake descarado de los del GT4, puede que en 2010 con mucha gente con pantallas CRT no se notara, pero ahora en Full HD duele a la vista. Cagada. Encima los nuevos vehículos de nivel GT5 son un pocoGT5 es tener en las manos un diamante, empezar a tallarlo de puta madre y a mitad de camino cagarla y venderlo. 1200 coches de los cuales 900 son completamente pasables, otros tantos son un remake descarado de los del GT4, puede que en 2010 con mucha gente con pantallas CRT no se notara, pero ahora en Full HD duele a la vista. Cagada. Encima los nuevos vehículos de nivel GT5 son un poco sin ton ni son, no hay ni un coche nuevo de competición de una marca europea quitando F1 y algún clásico de los 70. BMW GT3? Nada. SLS AMG GT3? A tu puta casa. AUDI de competición? Lol, un prototipo diesel de Le Mans. Pero eso si, el Fiat 500 a todo detalle. Venga ya. Encima estos coches remakeados del GT4 no se venden nuevos, solo en el concesionario de 2ª mano. De los 900 tienes 30 cada 5 carreras. Suerte buscando el que necesitas, colega. Lo mismo con los circuitos, el de Mónaco por ejemplo es un copypaste del del GT4. Otro problema grave que tiene es el dividir TODO EL JUEGO en A-Spec y B-Spec, por lo que para jugar a carreras de 24h, o te las haces tú enteritas o te pasas 50h entrenando a un piloto y viéndole correr (y no se pueden acelerar como en el GT4). Horrible.

Y luego hay un salto increible entre coches de calle y competición. Te pasas compitiendo con un Seat Ibiza tuneadísimo medio juego hasta que consigues un Skyline de 500cv de competición, y una carrera más tarde un prototipo de Le Mans de los 80 con 900cv.

En otro orden de cosas el sonido de los coches sigue siendo una mierda, el motor de físicas otro mojón, los frenos son mágicos y el simulator en mis cojones. No me extraña que el Forza se esté comiendo al GT últimamente.

Por el lado positivo...es un Gran Turismo, es divertido, tiene ese punto coleccionista obsesivo, la selección de circuitos y coches es brutal...Si te gusta uno te gustan todos.
  11. Jul 11, 2016
    A driving simulation title stacked with an enormous selection of cars, good music, pretty good visuals and great gameplay. The realism was depicted beautifully in it. However, there were a few areas where I felt the game didn't satisfy me as much as the above areas.

Customisation was essentially a hit and miss. For instance, the range of modifications and tuning of cars in terms of how they performed on the road was big and pretty addictive. Visual customisation on the cars however, was quite limited and indeed poor. Although the colour choices were amazing and diversive, there was literally little to no vinyl customisation. I'm not saying it should have adopted to the level of the NFS series - generally speaking anyway - but having the ability to pick preset rally bodies of vinyl and decal would have been great. Instead I was limited to a stock looking car - only being able to purchase particular cars that were designed like that. A bit annoying.

Also, as addictive and enjoyable as the gameplay was, the game turned into a massive grinding experience in the latter stages to really get to the good stuff. Now I knew that the developers did this to increase the lifetime of the game before its predecessor, but even then I do think they overdid it in some fashion. It became a chore in some ways.

But with the earlier characteristics of the game I stated, I cannot deny that this game was certainly a good racing game. Wasn't quite amazing though.
  12. Apr 13, 2016
    Un monton de coches,circuitos en nieve,tierra,asfalto...la conduccion esta bien pero no me gusta la sensacione de velocidad.Lo mejor son los karts :D.
  13. Apr 11, 2016
    This game is tough to recommend as a great video game--I'm not sure that it is. However, it is a great racing/driving simulator. That may sound weird, but if you are not a serious racing fan, I'm not sure how much you will enjoy Gran Turismo 5. If you ARE a racing fan or just love cars, you will surely be delighted with what Gran Turismo 5 has to offer.
  14. Feb 25, 2016
    Your can read all about the good the game is in another reviews and everyting is true. I would like to have seen a better damage system because sometimes you can go faster if you use other cars in the curves. It makes the game to lose all the realism it has.
  15. Feb 18, 2016
    This is the BEST racing game for a PlayStation 3 console. Due to the large number of cars and tracks, as well as lots of new challenges to achieve like new special events and new B-spec system. Its also enjoyable for me to watch the race replays as well, in order for me to know how AI controlled cars drive.
  16. Feb 9, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. New game, old tricks, old dog.

Graphics: 8/10

The new graphics for some cars are really good, and the scenarios look really good. The game feels great. However, some models look as ugly as ****, looking straight from GT4, and it hasn't aged that well.
    May i add that the standard cars look like **** **** and you can't use a cockpit camera? Well, thats the real story.

Story/Career Mode: 7/10

Although the game still forces you to start with snails, the waiting time is much shorter, and once you get fast cars, it feels rewarding for once. However, if you don't have a PSN count, SOL mate. You still have to grind since the fundmental system has stayed the same.

Gameplay: 5/10

The fundmental basics have changed slightly, with the damage model being slightly more advanced. However, annoying engine noises, mindless 24 hour races, and all that, still there. Its incredible how much these guys stagnated. Lazy *****. This makes the game boring after a while, and the game eventually becomes a glorified winning only game when you have super fast tuned cars and extremely overpowered B-Spec drivers.

OVERALL: Improvement over GT4. Not anything else in particular though...

RATING: 7/10
  17. Nov 30, 2015
    é um bom jogo, muito bom pra jogar com um amigo, tem ótimos carros, ótimas pistas porém deixa a desejar no modo multi-player local, tipo como assim só da de 2, dava muito bem pra jogar 4 não entendo pq a produtora do game fez essa merda, tinha que dar pra jogar 4 pessoas, outra além de só dar pra jogar de 2 é só vc e seu parceiro, não da pra jogar por exemplo eu, meu amigo e mais dezé um bom jogo, muito bom pra jogar com um amigo, tem ótimos carros, ótimas pistas porém deixa a desejar no modo multi-player local, tipo como assim só da de 2, dava muito bem pra jogar 4 não entendo pq a produtora do game fez essa merda, tinha que dar pra jogar 4 pessoas, outra além de só dar pra jogar de 2 é só vc e seu parceiro, não da pra jogar por exemplo eu, meu amigo e mais dez carros sendo a máquina, isso precisa mudar. Expand
  18. Jun 7, 2015
    I think the game is good but i almost finished rhe game (in the endurance series) and i don`t have more to do
    But the cars are amanzing, its a very good game
  19. May 1, 2015
    Gran Turismo have this addiction factor for me. I played the first one, and now, some 15 years later, I am playing GT5. Nothing really seemed to have changed, but the good thing is that the game is exciting in exactly the same way it was 2 decades ago.
  20. Jan 6, 2015
    While initially thrilling, providing jaw-droppingly beautiful visuals and indeed as-realistic-as-can-be driving simulation, this huge game eventually ends in a grinding experience that only belongs in freemium games one finds on mobile platforms.
  21. Nov 20, 2014
    After many years of anticipation and patience, Gran Turismo 5 isn't the game it potentially could've been. Although the amount of content is incredible, the majority of this content is plagued by cars from the previous series back on the Playstation 2 console. In fact, some of the game looks very similar to the last generation. The game has improved much since its release through patches,After many years of anticipation and patience, Gran Turismo 5 isn't the game it potentially could've been. Although the amount of content is incredible, the majority of this content is plagued by cars from the previous series back on the Playstation 2 console. In fact, some of the game looks very similar to the last generation. The game has improved much since its release through patches, but after numerous delays, Polyphony Digital have produced a good racing game which could have offered much more from their capabilities Expand
  22. Nov 4, 2014
    This game is the definition of perfect driving simulation. Everything about it, the cars, the driving and the simulation. Several years after this game was released, I still play it on a regular basis. I would definitely recommend this game to anyone who has a Play Station. I find it to be better than the GT 6, mostly because GT 6 was almost an exact replica of GT 5, with only a few addedThis game is the definition of perfect driving simulation. Everything about it, the cars, the driving and the simulation. Several years after this game was released, I still play it on a regular basis. I would definitely recommend this game to anyone who has a Play Station. I find it to be better than the GT 6, mostly because GT 6 was almost an exact replica of GT 5, with only a few added cars and increased graphics. 10/10,would recommend. Expand
  23. Oct 12, 2014
    Gran Turismo 5 struggles in a few areas, namely with consistency and modernizing the franchise, but there is so much to do that it's often easy to forget.
  24. Oct 7, 2014
    I used to play Gran Turismo 4 and it was one of my favourite racers. Now that i've picked up GT5 i'm hit with a wave of nostalgia, from the menu music, to that grind that makes buying cars a rather satisfying achievement to even the HUD style. If you're looking for a perfect racing game with consistent quality you might be dissapointed with a few things, but for me, GT5 is playable, andI used to play Gran Turismo 4 and it was one of my favourite racers. Now that i've picked up GT5 i'm hit with a wave of nostalgia, from the menu music, to that grind that makes buying cars a rather satisfying achievement to even the HUD style. If you're looking for a perfect racing game with consistent quality you might be dissapointed with a few things, but for me, GT5 is playable, and offers more content with a dollop of high quality in certain places. Expand
  25. Jul 6, 2014
    The best realistic racing game ever now made still. Only thing you have to take account of. That it take's so much space.(more than 10GB with dlc packs)Loading is also very annoying to wait sometimes 1-3mins. Detail in cars and tracks are the thing why this are so good game. Best racing game franchise for now 9/10.
  26. Jan 27, 2014
    Gt 5 follows the scheme the others gt, that is to say you play racing and game credits, with this credits you can buy other cars. The game have good graphics (but with serious errors like the cars no premiums), the gameplay is very good and every car have a behavior different, in the other hand b-aspect mode is boring and adds nothing to the game, the racing in general are boring becauseGt 5 follows the scheme the others gt, that is to say you play racing and game credits, with this credits you can buy other cars. The game have good graphics (but with serious errors like the cars no premiums), the gameplay is very good and every car have a behavior different, in the other hand b-aspect mode is boring and adds nothing to the game, the racing in general are boring because always wins with have a more powerful car, the damage in cars only are available in high levels. Gt should think in make a more direct game for the next gt. Expand
  27. Dec 8, 2013
    Gran Turismo 5 is a game that tries to do too much and in the process doesn't really do anything well.

Terrible menu navigation, long loading times, unnecessarily grinding career progression, fugly and awkward to obtain standard models, vacuum cleaner car sounds, no damage...the list seriously does go on. However, when the game gets it right, for example a premium modelled car on the

However, when the game gets it right, for example a premium modelled car on the Nurburgring in the rain with changing time the game is LIGHTYEARS ahead of anything out there. The only problem is that the best of Gran Turismo 5 does not come together often enough to make this game what it could be which is a shame.
  28. Dec 5, 2013
    this game is not bad but it becomes a bit boring there issn't really much fun in it either just racing winning buying cars and that's it
    well lucky for the online lobby there is something fun to do you can play with other drivers and do what you want really drag races cops and robers but when that are all things that the gamers have made none of the polyphony studio has done that and if you look at the game it's just a waste of time afterwards i mean racing 24 hours for a single race come one that's just b**sh**t and then not even winning that's frustrating
    sure it's realistic but even then i mean game's aren't ment to be a part of your live the time you stick in this game is imense and the game itzelf is actualy a boring
  29. Aug 20, 2013
    This game keeps up the great stuff that Gran Turismo is known for. it has a huge assortment of cars, it's fun, the controls are great, and the online is pretty good too. although the damage and AI could use some work. but all in all, it's one of my games on the ps3.
  30. Jul 27, 2013
    Let me start by saying that the Gran Turismo series is my favorite gaming franchise of all time. I absolutely love these games, so it does pain me to give this a 6/10--but I think this title truly deserves it.
    The actual driving aspect gets a whole-hearted 10/10. It's the best, most realistic racing experience you can find in the virtual world (even if an aggressive driver can squash the AI with little difficulty). However, three things make this the worst title in the series in my opinion.
    1. The game is short; there are a very limited number of actual races in career mode, and a distinct lacking in races against actual race cars. The developers seemed to notice this, and if you connect online, you can participate in numerous "seasonal events", which are essentially additional career races with tight restrictions and huge payouts. You can technically double the number of races with the new B-Spec mode, but that just involves coaching a moronic AI through the same races you've already completed.
    2. The level system. This game introduces a driver level that actually means something (unlike the one in GT4). You cannot drive or purchase a car above your level. This initially seemed like a decent idea to me, since the learning curve on this game is relatively high, forcing novices to drive slow cars for a while to learn the ropes isn't a bad thing. The problem arises when the levels increase slower than your progress in the game, and you can't buy the cars you need for the races. The other downside (as in my case) involves people who come into the game with a considerable skill level and are reduced to driving 1990's Japanese compacts for a few hours to level up.
    3. The developers were lazy. The Gran Turismo series is also known for being the prettiest racing game available, not just the most realistic. But in this title, many car models were reused from previous releases with little to no graphical upgrading. It seems like only the cars making their debut in GT5 are rendered fresh for the PS3. This means that nearly every car returning from GT3 and GT4 has a car model with PS2 quality graphics. Frankly, this is unacceptable given the amount of time this game was in development.
    Of course, there are lots of positives to this game (it finally has a decent online community), but as a lover of the franchise, all I really saw was how much this game paled in comparison to its predecessors. It's still worth buying, because no other game offers quite the same experience. Just don't expect it to be as breathtaking or engaging as it should be..
  31. Jul 17, 2013
    Gran Turismo 5 is an excellent simulation racer. The only disappointing part to the game play is the paper thin bystanders whom occasionally wave their arms around in excitement. The physics and amount of detail put into the vehicles is outstanding and allows for hours of tuning and racing, creating a more in depth experience. Don't listen to the reviews that say 0/10 because this gameGran Turismo 5 is an excellent simulation racer. The only disappointing part to the game play is the paper thin bystanders whom occasionally wave their arms around in excitement. The physics and amount of detail put into the vehicles is outstanding and allows for hours of tuning and racing, creating a more in depth experience. Don't listen to the reviews that say 0/10 because this game deserves far more credit then that. As much as I like Forza 3, which is a very good racer, I prefer Gran Turismo 5 more. Expand
  32. Jun 20, 2013
    I liked this game I've not played racing games in a while,i was very angry when the need for speed was changed It should have been like Ea made it last time i'm so fed up with games being ruined......
  33. Jun 13, 2013
    Few would deny that Gran Turismo 5 provides as accurate a simulation of driving as any game available on consoles but it’s just not particularly fun to play. Having not played any of the games in the series since Gran Turismo 2 on the PSone it was disappointing to see that very little has changed. Of course the graphics are vastly superior but there is still no vehicle damage, theFew would deny that Gran Turismo 5 provides as accurate a simulation of driving as any game available on consoles but it’s just not particularly fun to play. Having not played any of the games in the series since Gran Turismo 2 on the PSone it was disappointing to see that very little has changed. Of course the graphics are vastly superior but there is still no vehicle damage, the customization options are woeful compared to Forza Motorsport 4 and the license tests are almost identical.

I'm sure there will be some driving game enthusiasts that will sink hour after hour into GT5 but if you’re after something that's a little more enjoyable there are better options available to you.
  34. May 22, 2013
    After being a huge fan of GT4 I was excited for this when I first got it. However after playing for about two hours I realised that I was becoming more and more bored with the game. I don't even know what exactly made it boring, it was just not as good as the previous installments. The one saving grace is the graphical quality of GT5, especially if your PS3 is set up in 720p. OverallAfter being a huge fan of GT4 I was excited for this when I first got it. However after playing for about two hours I realised that I was becoming more and more bored with the game. I don't even know what exactly made it boring, it was just not as good as the previous installments. The one saving grace is the graphical quality of GT5, especially if your PS3 is set up in 720p. Overall though, GT5 just seems so boring compared to the others in the series. Expand
  35. Apr 29, 2013
    GT5 is 1 of my favorite games of all time and finishes GT3&4 with the best in quality, replay-ability, realism, production, game play(on & off line). I believe that this game has been out for at least 3 or more years & Polyphony continues to create Seasonal Events, which brings me back if I have not played it for several weeks, since they release a new event every week.
    I'm an older
    I'm an older player, who cannot compete in the FPS games anymore when online & if I do not keep my skill level up, then I am unable to compete online either.
    This game remains highly competitive and thrives because of the tuning features that are individual for each car. You simply cannot copy your setup from one car to another. I still can't compete at NASCAR at all.
  36. Apr 1, 2013
    Reviewing this after playing Forza 4 for hours and hours and then trying GT5 once again is kinda weird. Simply, Forza is the easier game to get into and the graphics are richer but not necessarily better, the racing is amazingly fun, but it SIMPLY does not feel like you're behind the wheel of a powerful race car like Gran Turismo. Forza is the better overall racing game, Gran Turismo isReviewing this after playing Forza 4 for hours and hours and then trying GT5 once again is kinda weird. Simply, Forza is the easier game to get into and the graphics are richer but not necessarily better, the racing is amazingly fun, but it SIMPLY does not feel like you're behind the wheel of a powerful race car like Gran Turismo. Forza is the better overall racing game, Gran Turismo is the better racing simulator. Although let's be honest, that's been said many times before. Expand
  37. Mar 12, 2013
    Horrible game. Bad music, loading screens that last an enternity. unrealistic and innacurate. Great example right now is a seasonal event 500pp classic muscle car. The course is in Madrid and its over before you start. Whoever designed this 1960's classic have never driven one. These 1960's muscle cars handle like current day muscle and they only handle like that for the compute not theHorrible game. Bad music, loading screens that last an enternity. unrealistic and innacurate. Great example right now is a seasonal event 500pp classic muscle car. The course is in Madrid and its over before you start. Whoever designed this 1960's classic have never driven one. These 1960's muscle cars handle like current day muscle and they only handle like that for the compute not the user. Even though this is a video game I still expect good customer service. Not to get cheated with a race that is impossible to win. I work full time and dont have time to design specs. I just want to play and win cars that should be in the dealership without having to wait 10,000 days to appear in the online dealer. I am strongly considering going back to XBOX because two Forza's ago blows this game out of the water. Thats another problem with this game, you cannot customize cars unless you are happy with spray painting rims. Also in certain races you are given penalties for almost anything. This game is not for the aggressive driver who likes to take chances and push the car harder which is what I thought a racing game should be about since it is a game and you wouldnt want to do that in real life. I feel that the designers of this game have failed the customer and ripped us off. I want my money back. Expand
  38. Mar 6, 2013
    I`m playing it in 2013, that may be why I feel so disappointed. Honestly I can`t find anything different from the old ones, the mistake are all there. It`s a good gameplay, great graphics, but they could evolve, and the didn`t. I was hoping for new challenges, new ways to get the cars, and nothing. It`s the good old GT, nothing else.
  39. Feb 26, 2013
    7 out of 10, I was expecting so much from this game. There's something missing here, I can't quite put my finger on it. But it's like the developer is making us play the game HE wants to play and not the game, we all want..... (cough Forza) I don't own an Xbox, but I know what Forza is about. Now if those two games could get together and have a baby, I think it would be what we are all7 out of 10, I was expecting so much from this game. There's something missing here, I can't quite put my finger on it. But it's like the developer is making us play the game HE wants to play and not the game, we all want..... (cough Forza) I don't own an Xbox, but I know what Forza is about. Now if those two games could get together and have a baby, I think it would be what we are all looking for. Lots of cars, great graphics, but the tuning seems so simplified, the customization is totally lacking, the races are boring, it all seems to be a bit of a grind. I am hoping GT6 and GT7 will be much better. Or a new series comes along to take the PS3 racing crown. Expand
  40. Feb 9, 2013
    I got this game back in Christmas '11. It was my first racing game I used with my G27 wheel I got at the same time. At first, the game was hard to navigate and understand but once you get past that, it was fun to race with the A.I and online.
  41. Feb 1, 2013
    This is like my first racing game, and I guess I don't have much to compare with, but I LOVE IT. There are just SO many things to do, and I really like how the cars handle. Gorgeous graphics too!
  42. Jan 21, 2013
    This game is very good!!! It´s one of the best racing games i've ever played and it's awesome. There is so much to do and many costumize options to change your car and even your character and the other pilots on B-Spec. It's fun to play and many friends of mine agree with me, that GT5 it's better than Forza 4. The only "bad" thing is that your car doesn´t get much damage, butThis game is very good!!! It´s one of the best racing games i've ever played and it's awesome. There is so much to do and many costumize options to change your car and even your character and the other pilots on B-Spec. It's fun to play and many friends of mine agree with me, that GT5 it's better than Forza 4. The only "bad" thing is that your car doesn´t get much damage, but you can change that in options, so it doesn't mather Expand
  43. Jan 20, 2013
    Its a very good game hindered by far too many flaws. The divide between premium and standard cars is a letdown, along with the shoddy damage physics. For a game that was in development for so long, it often seems half-finished. But if you get past all of its drawbacks, you'll find a game with a very good car list (aside from the amount of nissans) Driving physics that are great once youIts a very good game hindered by far too many flaws. The divide between premium and standard cars is a letdown, along with the shoddy damage physics. For a game that was in development for so long, it often seems half-finished. But if you get past all of its drawbacks, you'll find a game with a very good car list (aside from the amount of nissans) Driving physics that are great once you get past a steep learning curve, and a sense of class that is virtually nonexistent in almost all other video games, including main rival Forza Motorsport. If you can get past its many issues, and its emphasis on "simulator" over "game," its a very enjoyable product, but keep in mind that dealing with its flaws takes effort, unless you're a die-hard GT fan. Expand
  44. Dec 29, 2012
    Weak graphics, the gameplay is exactly as the previous series with the same maps being present. The load times between menus are ridiculous (it takes forever to go through simple menu to menu). Visuals suck. Damage is only visible on "premium" cars - which are only 200 out of the 1000 the game supposingly has - and is barely noticeable and extremely unrealistic. You can crash a supercarWeak graphics, the gameplay is exactly as the previous series with the same maps being present. The load times between menus are ridiculous (it takes forever to go through simple menu to menu). Visuals suck. Damage is only visible on "premium" cars - which are only 200 out of the 1000 the game supposingly has - and is barely noticeable and extremely unrealistic. You can crash a supercar straight into a wall at 250mph and just listen to a weak, gentle, "boop" sound and leave it with only a scratch - you call this "Advanced Visuals" Sony? Now on the gameplay, I will be brief and point out the major problems, among the many it has, impossible to write them all down. So, the gameplay: it SUCKS. In the "Licenses" Mode most of the 'licenses' are almost impossible to complete with a 'Gold Trophy.' I've spend, totally, more than 5 hours trying to reach for the 'Gold' and it was near impossible, having half of them on Silver, repeating them again and again, the same routine, like the game was design that way so that you couldn't hit the Gold (I am not new to this kind of games, I'm playing since Gran Turismo 1.) But, that's not all, another monstrosity: some Licenses and some Special Events require you to not touch other drivers or you are disqualified. A good idea, I won't argue, but when you drive in a narrow road with 20 others cars, it is IMPOSSIBLE not to touch someone, even slightly. Ok, say I may be a loser and bump on someone, the fun part is that when OTHERS bump on to you... YOU get disqualified... WHAT THE F*CK Sony?! I did a 15 minutes course and found myself losing, after all my hard work, and hundreds of tries to avoid others when a f*kin driver bumped on to me at a corner near the end... this is ridiculous (I slammed on the floor and broke a PS3 controller because of my anger, the game is terribly made, looking more like unfinished.) Visual effects suck, sounds are terrible, the game follows the same model as previous GTs... I loved Gran Turismo but this is enough... I am playing since GT1 and couldn't wait for GT5... a HUGE disappointment. I do NOT recommend the game... in one word, it is 'disappointing.' A big shame really. The company had more than 5 years to make it look good and they couldn't even finish it... I am definitely NOT buying upcoming series, and seriously, if they are like this, it is better not to release anything... Expand
  45. Dec 2, 2012
    this is a good game, with good aspects and graphic, however, needs a lot of time to loading somethings like, race, cars and license tests. If you like race games, i advise you buy it.
  46. Nov 26, 2012
    This game is a joke, even with the g27 it is really really poor. I think the sfx remember you of the summer when you can hear all the electric garden equipment, ps1gt2 supra still sounds better than this pile of you know what. Sorry PD but forza has stole your crown, & it pains me to say it but the gt series is finished, & i loved all the other gt games' YES GAME NOT SIM PLEASE. StandardThis game is a joke, even with the g27 it is really really poor. I think the sfx remember you of the summer when you can hear all the electric garden equipment, ps1gt2 supra still sounds better than this pile of you know what. Sorry PD but forza has stole your crown, & it pains me to say it but the gt series is finished, & i loved all the other gt games' YES GAME NOT SIM PLEASE. Standard cars would look bad on a C64 or even a ZX81. Yes its an update sim maybe but not a driving sim although it does a good job of simulation driving you up the wall. 3/10 (5000 years to make and it still needs updating) Expand
  47. Nov 5, 2012
    Well Well Well, its difficult write a opinion of this game, because it have 2 faces: the wonderful and the awful. the wonderful is the premiun cars, licences, some great tracks, outstanding simulation gameplay. The awful is the confuse multiplayer, the graphics around tracks (people or papers?), constant frame-rate problems (cars in snow, squares and squares). Good game, but i expectedWell Well Well, its difficult write a opinion of this game, because it have 2 faces: the wonderful and the awful. the wonderful is the premiun cars, licences, some great tracks, outstanding simulation gameplay. The awful is the confuse multiplayer, the graphics around tracks (people or papers?), constant frame-rate problems (cars in snow, squares and squares). Good game, but i expected better, Forza 4 is better, and Horizon is consistent better. Expand
  48. Nov 3, 2012
    The fact that Gran Turismo doesn't care what other race series are doing and just does what it does best is inspiring. Gran Turismo takes everything which made the previous games great, adds more and stirs it with a new look, The main Gran Turismo mode makes you deal with handling money, buying cars, tuning those cars and racing them. Which is great. The A-spec mode you drive the carThe fact that Gran Turismo doesn't care what other race series are doing and just does what it does best is inspiring. Gran Turismo takes everything which made the previous games great, adds more and stirs it with a new look, The main Gran Turismo mode makes you deal with handling money, buying cars, tuning those cars and racing them. Which is great. The A-spec mode you drive the car directly thus earning money. B-Spec you train a driver to become the best of the best and you earn their money. Both A-Spec and B-Spec money go into the same pot and can be spent on new parts/cars e.t.c. Cars can be used in both of the Specs. There also is special events to do such as go-karting, touring in a car and many more which also earn money to be spent. This all comes together to make the Gran Turismo mode so very addictive, rewarding and thrilling as you make the risks rather than being told to by some NPC. The arcade mode just lets you get straight into all of the thrills and spills without any need of handling any money or in-depth tuning. In this is a variety of challenges such as a drifting challenge, a lap time challenge, split-screen, e.t.c. Its all extremely entertaining and is perfect for family and friend competitions. The racing itself demonstrates the picture perfect graphics, the in depth car interiors, the thrilling racing, dynamic racing mechanics and so much more. I personally enjoyed every bit of this game and couldn't think of any fault. If you enjoy games which require real thinking and strategy, this is for you. If you prefer games which don't require you to potentially make decisions which could **** up all your work you'd done on the game, I recommend Burnout paradise(another brilliant game with more of a up beat tone). Sorry for the boring review. I just wanted to get down actual facts which people haven't seem to done on this metacritic page, I haven't really touched on all of what makes Gran Turismo 5 great but I truly recommend this game. Expand
  49. Sep 3, 2012
    I can say that Gran Turismo 5 is a really nice game. It shows realistic animations, awesome types of cars, and terrific graphics. The gameplay is superb, but It's kind of disappointing. This game isn't a masterpiece, but really enjoys you with the realistic and fun racing. However, multiplayer was a great joy that i had, and the singleplayer is huge, because it haves a lot of levels,I can say that Gran Turismo 5 is a really nice game. It shows realistic animations, awesome types of cars, and terrific graphics. The gameplay is superb, but It's kind of disappointing. This game isn't a masterpiece, but really enjoys you with the realistic and fun racing. However, multiplayer was a great joy that i had, and the singleplayer is huge, because it haves a lot of levels, exactly like Gran Turismo 4. if you look for a terrific racing game, Gran Turismo is the choice. 88 out of 100 Expand
  50. Sep 1, 2012
    this is the worst racing game I have played since days of thunder on nes. the graphics look awesome for 1992, and the ai and rule set are as consistent as polar ice in August. I have never played a gran turismo game before, so maybe this one is less terrible than the previous version, but it certainly looks and plays much worse than need for speed 1 on Xbox, way way way worse. consideringthis is the worst racing game I have played since days of thunder on nes. the graphics look awesome for 1992, and the ai and rule set are as consistent as polar ice in August. I have never played a gran turismo game before, so maybe this one is less terrible than the previous version, but it certainly looks and plays much worse than need for speed 1 on Xbox, way way way worse. considering iIcan buy need for speed 1 for 5 dollars these days, I would say gran turismo 5 is worth about 20 cents, if you also include the fact that it is technically a blue ray disk. in fact, I think a corrupted and unplayable version of the disk might be more valuable. Expand
  51. Aug 30, 2012
    I am hesitating giving GT5 a "10", after all the game is not the most funny racing game I have played. But it is almost perfect; from the intro (see it!) to the last unlocked cars and the season recurring events and the online migration. If you want a realistic racing simulator, this is the game for you!
  52. Aug 22, 2012
    This game is hype over hype. The graphics are good with the correct gars, driving is good, with the correct cars, but those correct cars are to few near to the 1.000 models, there are just about 100 that have quality, the rest is just like, white papers in the middle off a report so it would look bigger. Sound is abysmal. They said they worked on this game 6 years, I can not see this to beThis game is hype over hype. The graphics are good with the correct gars, driving is good, with the correct cars, but those correct cars are to few near to the 1.000 models, there are just about 100 that have quality, the rest is just like, white papers in the middle off a report so it would look bigger. Sound is abysmal. They said they worked on this game 6 years, I can not see this to be true, this game was made in less than 2 years for sure. Expand
  53. Aug 16, 2012
    Gran Turismo 5 is an odd game to sum up, mainly because there are some things that don't really make sense. Like, why would the ending credits play only on the third out of five championships, surely, it would make more sense, if you completed all the races before you completed the game. Also, I don't get why some cars are premium and they look fantastic whereas most of the cars areGran Turismo 5 is an odd game to sum up, mainly because there are some things that don't really make sense. Like, why would the ending credits play only on the third out of five championships, surely, it would make more sense, if you completed all the races before you completed the game. Also, I don't get why some cars are premium and they look fantastic whereas most of the cars are standard, and to be honest, despite the high resolution, the standard cars a rather blocky and un-detailed. It would have been much better and easier if the game developers took a bit more time to make all the cars to the premium standard. Furthermore, the menu on GT4 was far more innovative and it was kind of fun just navigating it, the new menu on GT5 is a basic one faced menu with several static boring square which you can move over to. I preferred the second hand shops on GT4; it was easier to find what you wanted, whereas in GT5 you just sort of have to look and buy what you can, and most of the time it's not what you want. There are some races which require a specific type of car, and these can be frustrating to get hold of, becoming a hindrance to game progress. As always the licence tests are hard but possible, albeit challenging. getting a gold or silver even isn't too hard, but it can take a dozen attempts to get gold sometimes. One thing that would improve the game is that every few months or so a free update should come out with a hundreds or so new cars in it, just to keep the game a bit more new and interesting; its boring buying the same old premium cars. The last thing I have a problem with in GT5 is the online; it takes forever to join a lobby and when you finally get in one, you might find it's rubbish, (which 99% of lobbys are) which means you then need to spend ages leaving and ages finding and rejoining another. Despite these large but rather forgiveable problems the game has great driving physics and some of the cars are to and amazing standard of quality. the level of customization is good, but there should be a much wider range of parts available, as there is only one option for each part, for example if you want a Limited slip differential, there is only one you can choose to purchase. I'm just suggesting things now but there should also be tiers of tuning upgrades, so when you have purchased a certain quantity of tier 1 parts, a whole new set of tier 2 parts become available so that you can optimize your car further, these parts should cost considerably more and make smaller changes in the performance. Finally, the racing is fun and you may be wondering why I gave it an 8 even though I've said so much negative stuff. Well even though it fails a lot in many ways the gameplay itself is fun and you can go for hours racing and winning cars, spending money on them and entering more races and gradually working your way up the ladder. I found that theres a wall around the 400,000 credits mark where its hard to get much richer, as I always get this amount, then get bored of not doing anything, so I blow it on a new Ferrari or a new tuning car. The custom track maker is the most disappointing part, I went on it expecting being able to draw a specific circuit I had in mind, but instead, it gives you a randomised course which you can slightly alter using options such as length, corner sharpness, track width, track camber, and more boring stuff. You normally end up with a circuit which is nothing like any other real race course and the environment is very plain. what makes this games rating so high is the number of cars, the quality of the graphics, but mainly the amazing driving physics and because it's fun to play. Too bad there are so many problems with it though.

Nowadays you can pick it up cheap, so if you haven't done so already get it, it's well worth the buy, one of the best racing games available, but done get your hopes too high if you think they're going to improve on GT4
  54. Jun 29, 2012
    Had i reviewed this when GT5 was released i would have given it a 7/10 as i was so disappointed, the game just felt unfinished. But after 10+ updates Polyphony Digital have really made one hell of a game, if you own a PS3 you must buy this!
  55. May 9, 2012
    What? Wait, what? Is this even the game of the series. Gran Turismo 5 is awful, boring and not realistic at all. It is complicated and is already the same game. Gran Turismo 4 was better in many ways, because was a masterpiece, then what, this awful game released . TERRIBLE!
  56. May 5, 2012
    I have fond memories of playing the previous GT titles but this one was the first to disappoint. I game generally takes 3 years to develop unless it is an annual sports title, and for this title, which began as a tech demo at E3 in 2005, took 5yrs to release with prologue titles released to the public somewhere in between. 5yrs of development and focus on giving players the largest garageI have fond memories of playing the previous GT titles but this one was the first to disappoint. I game generally takes 3 years to develop unless it is an annual sports title, and for this title, which began as a tech demo at E3 in 2005, took 5yrs to release with prologue titles released to the public somewhere in between. 5yrs of development and focus on giving players the largest garage possible brought hopes to everyone that it was going to be a very well polished game. But trying to fit over 1000 cars, with the same level of detail, seemed to feel a bit challenging; and it was. To compensate time and money Polyphony did something I was not expecting in this current generation of video gaming. They ported cars from the PS2 title, GT4, into their new PS3 title, GT5. Not only that, but they only "polished" up about 200-250 cars they labeled as "premium." Premium cars had higher levels of detail and offered in-car features such as fully functioning interiors specific to make and model. The other 800 or so cars did not have interior view options and had lower quality graphics and poor shading (i.e. shadow quality) and poor light reflection on the glass. To top it all off, polyphony is not ashamed to praise the japanese automotive industry and, once again, offer about 1/4 of their line-up to the JDM makers. A flaw to this, as you could guess, is that several premium cars are in fact duplicates of each other. But anyone who has played the GT series knows that it is just something to deal with because this is a japanese game that gives tribute to the automobile and what better way than to give toast to your native car. My personal issue with this individual GT title is the lack of customization. GT4 offered some interesting features to this by adding in nitrous and spoilers. GT5 tries to enhance these features by offering some minor body mods but they're limited. Microsoft's Turn10 studio has been producing the xbox equivalent, Forza Motorsports, for several years now and they are up to their 4th title. Since the very begining they have offered players a feature that still to this day GT does not have, painting. Because of this feature Forza's 600-800 car garage turns into about 4,000, while GT5 is limited to it's stock 1000+. however, I will praise polyphony for continuing to make "LM" versions of various cars (which some can now be found in DLC). If body was not the only issue it is the sound. If there are two things about cars that make this so addictive it is the look and the sound. So is so important to a car junkie and this game, once again, fails as it. But that is an understandable draw back when you, as I mentioned before, try to fit 1000+ cars into a game. I cannot even begin to describe the horror that my ears are forced to listen too when playing around with some of the cars. There is no excuse to this level of failure anymore. In the end the game is still a solid racing sim, but no matter how beautiful it looks on the outside, or how flawed it sounds when the cars come roaring passed the replay camera, it is still the same game I have been playing since 1999. Fanboys will hate me for this review but remember, I was one too. GT4 used to fill up my afternoon time after school every day and the hopes of a GT5 was all I cared about. Forza 2 & 3 were my "fix" until its release. But that has all changed now and I cannot see myself going back to the GT series unless they fix what they have always tried to deliver... perfection. Expand
  57. Apr 28, 2012
    This game is so good. Any racing game fan who loves cars should buy this game. The physics are unmatched and feel real. The handling is perfect. With regards to content, you get up to hundreds of hours of potential gameplay here. 10/10, bravo!
  58. Apr 16, 2012
    Gran Turismo 5 is a very good unique driving simulator, it showcases some of the best cars in the planet, 1000 to be precise but does have some issues that could be resolved; for example, the layout of the main menu is poorly placed, I can understand that they are trying to go for a "tablet look" but every mode is jumbled up and at times it can hurt the brain, it would be more logical ifGran Turismo 5 is a very good unique driving simulator, it showcases some of the best cars in the planet, 1000 to be precise but does have some issues that could be resolved; for example, the layout of the main menu is poorly placed, I can understand that they are trying to go for a "tablet look" but every mode is jumbled up and at times it can hurt the brain, it would be more logical if the layout was plain and simple and it was easy to find the mode you want. One problem I face with the game that constantly bugs me is turning the car. This was my first Gran Turismo, I am a common street racer fanatic when it comes to racing games, I find it very hard to turn corners, as you have to slow down when you turn, this does take a while to get used to but there is no reason why they can't add a simple drift enhancement that you can flicker on and off if you want to drift instead of the classic way of turning corners. This issue shouldn't detract from the overall game experience, its just a personal problem I have with the game. Overall this game is spectacular, the visuals are epic, unlike any other racing game including forza 4. I think it would take a long time to top this game in talks of graphic design. Expand
  59. Apr 11, 2012
    Gran Turismo 5 is not a racing game. It's a car simulator through and through, and I love every single thing about it. If you are not a "car junkie" you will probably not get much out of it except a few races, but if you know the difference between a BMW M3 and a Mercedes SL63 AMG then this is a game for you.
  60. Apr 4, 2012
    Initiated in 2008 with Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, the turn of Gran Turismo HD appropriately ends with a somewhat chaotic GT5 ultimately disappointing in many respects, proof that Polyphony Digital has not really been able to challenge. Through its stuck in another age (AI fails, the management of damage to existing sentence, the bumps) and sealed by a few aberrations (Premium and StandardInitiated in 2008 with Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, the turn of Gran Turismo HD appropriately ends with a somewhat chaotic GT5 ultimately disappointing in many respects, proof that Polyphony Digital has not really been able to challenge. Through its stuck in another age (AI fails, the management of damage to existing sentence, the bumps) and sealed by a few aberrations (Premium and Standard models in mind), the saga of Kazunori Yamauchi barely even sometimes regain its former levels with some graphics and a patchy solo career certainly dense and varied, but not as gargantuan as before. Poorly integrated, the multiplayer will not change much, not to mention the B-Spec and the track editor. Expand
  61. Mar 23, 2012
    I'm honestly not much of a race fan and was hoping to find one great race game. I'm really quite disappointed at all the race games I've tried and this one is no exception. It seems no game has evolved much from the ps2 days except maybe in the graphics department. I recently bought the logitech driving force GT wheel and must say that this wheel greatly improves this game if you put theI'm honestly not much of a race fan and was hoping to find one great race game. I'm really quite disappointed at all the race games I've tried and this one is no exception. It seems no game has evolved much from the ps2 days except maybe in the graphics department. I recently bought the logitech driving force GT wheel and must say that this wheel greatly improves this game if you put the wheel on simulation mode. What really disappoints me about this game is that I really want a race game that is called a similator to actually be a similator. The sound in this game for me is the largest remaining turnoff. Sure, it is ok and so is a McDonalds restaurant too. I want something higher end. The sound should sound like the roar you hear off your TV when watching real racing. You can really hear the power of the cars and that is translated from audio pickup from a telecaster then translated to your home. This game, like many others still sounds like we are content with audio from the ps2 days. It seems to me Need for Speed Shift, heaven forbid i give EA a compliment seems to be the only game that put any effort into making the sound better. Anyway, other issues i have are lack of a good penalty system as in F1 2010. I love the flags and the cautions and that really adds to the immersion of the racing there....Further, how about little things like horns. Honestly, every car with the same horn and so feeble. Why bother. This is the attention to detail I need. I would guess many of these cars probably don't even have horns in real life. I don't know but the fact all these cars have so much replication and similarities really kills the simulation effect for me. What i do love about this game is they seemed to really nail the gameplay feel of the weight of each car, especially going around corners. This game is in its own category when it comes to proper technique. You can really nail the brakes before the turns, lower the front end, corner with precision and hit the gas. This is true technique unlike many other games. I just wish they tried to keep true to a better similation with the other important stuff like the penalty system and sound as mentioned before. This leaves me with judging this title as more arcarde then similation, which is what the game was adverstised as. This is still a very decent game, but unfortunately I personally still find it rather incomplete to my tastes, and still lots of the features seem last generation as if they cut and pasted a lot of A-spec and just updated some of the easier things to change and called it a day. This is pretty bad considering the work and time to make the game. Expand
  62. Mar 19, 2012
    Gran Turismo 5 may not be perfect, and does have many small irritations; standard cars, variable graphics, half baked rally / narscar modes, terrible AI... The list could go on. BUT, there is also an unbelievable amount of content on offer here that will keep racing fans playing for an age. Saving money and buying cars is, at a very basic level, very fun and insanely addictive. TheGran Turismo 5 may not be perfect, and does have many small irritations; standard cars, variable graphics, half baked rally / narscar modes, terrible AI... The list could go on. BUT, there is also an unbelievable amount of content on offer here that will keep racing fans playing for an age. Saving money and buying cars is, at a very basic level, very fun and insanely addictive. The simulation aspect of driving is also meticulous in it's crafting, and there is real pleasure to be had in the simple things, like caining around the Nurburg ring without crashing. Sure... It's not perfect, but GT5 is very obviously a great game and is undoubtedly in the top class of racing games. Expand
  63. Mar 15, 2012
    Best racing game ever! Beautiful graphics. Great premium cars! Great soung. A real sense of speed. You must run with it! The rain and night effects are great too.
  64. Mar 13, 2012
    Years of development, a record breaking budget, unprecedented amounts of hype and a vote of confidence from a World Champion F1 driver. It just couldn't have gone wrong for Gran Turismo 5, and yet it did. What happened to those realistic damage effect? Absent. The state of the art game mechanics? Absent. The thrill of the most accurate racing simulator ever created? Present, I suppose. ItsYears of development, a record breaking budget, unprecedented amounts of hype and a vote of confidence from a World Champion F1 driver. It just couldn't have gone wrong for Gran Turismo 5, and yet it did. What happened to those realistic damage effect? Absent. The state of the art game mechanics? Absent. The thrill of the most accurate racing simulator ever created? Present, I suppose. Its realistic visuals and game play don't make for an enjoyable game. Its enthusiasm for its topic is admirable, but as a game Gran Turismo is just a very expensive encyclopaedia with a very good simulator tacked on to demonstrate the topic of choice. Then there was the menus, great god in heave the menus, that would navigate at snail pace and demand most of your play time. I'm going to stop here, I've made my point already. Gran Turismo is not nearly as great as I hoped it to be, but at least the car nuts among us will love it. Expand
  65. Mar 10, 2012
    This game seriously bores the **** out of me. Being the first Gran Turismo I've played, I have to say, not my kind of game. It feels "too realistic". Hell, I like a little action in racing games. The opponents look as if they don't even try to pass you. On top of that, I can't seem to get used to how the physics are in this game. The soundtrack is just horrible, and I hate how the gameThis game seriously bores the **** out of me. Being the first Gran Turismo I've played, I have to say, not my kind of game. It feels "too realistic". Hell, I like a little action in racing games. The opponents look as if they don't even try to pass you. On top of that, I can't seem to get used to how the physics are in this game. The soundtrack is just horrible, and I hate how the game changes the track for every new menu you go to. Really ****ing stupid. Then again, I'm too used to fast paced racing games. Expand
  66. Feb 26, 2012
    This game was frustrating!! Graphics were good, but not as good as so many people said they were. A little disappointing. The game just wasn't fun. I had more fun playing Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2. The download takes forever. The game just wasn't streamlined and was an average racing game. Nothing special about it.
  67. Feb 20, 2012
    LOL @ the xbox fanboy rating this AMAZING gmae 0 , Gran Turismo 5 is the BEST and most REALISTIC racing game ever!, its really underrated too, i mean how can an AMAZING game like this get a 7 or 8 while other **** games get 8 and 9 believe me.. you MUST buy this game.. Its really fun, the story is also AMAZING! You will really like this game, I highly recommend this game to everyone with a PS3
  68. Feb 20, 2012
    LMFAO! @ the xbox fanboy rating this AMAZING gmae 0 , Gran Turismo is the BEST and most REALISTIC racing game ever!, its really underrated too, i mean how can an AMAZING game like this get a 7 or 8 while other **** games get 8 and 9 believe me.. you MUST buy this game.. Its really fun, the story is also AMAZING! You will really like this game, I highly recommend this game to everyone with a PS3
  69. Feb 18, 2012
    I will not even lie to any of you reading this.
    If you have never played on any other console or a pc, why bring up another consoles exclusive?
    Anyway back on track, this game is GT4 with slower menus and upscaled graphics. Don't even try the fanboy dog crap as it does not wash. I own a PC, PS3 and i also had a xbox360 before selling it. Forza 3 was more exciting albeit it has less
    I will not even lie to any of you reading this.
    Anyway back on track, this game is GT4 with slower menus and upscaled graphics.
    Don't even try the fanboy dog crap as it does not wash.
    I own a PC, PS3 and i also had a xbox360 before selling it.
    Forza 3 was more exciting albeit it has less cars and maybe not quite as much depth.
    Graphics are awful, do you remember GT4? if you really are going to defend a game at least do it with truth.
    I game mostly on PC and gave the PS3 to my father.
    He thinks it is worse than GT4.
    Car models are awful, i drove 1 car the RUF CTR2 and went into the **** veiw, where it has a none existant interior....
    For real fanboys keep playing your games as us who actually play good games dont give 2 flying cows what you think.
    This game is awfully rushed and has no ooomph to it.
    Dissapointing for a fan of the GT series.
  70. Feb 16, 2012
    I love the game. Bottom line. I do, however, have some qualms with it. For one, I feel that the customization of the vehicles is slightly generic and limited. Especially considering, since this game aims for realism, I could boost a Honda Civic to 600hp, but can't come close to that in the game. I also don't like that users are unable to adjust the "real time" in the game. Not all of usI love the game. Bottom line. I do, however, have some qualms with it. For one, I feel that the customization of the vehicles is slightly generic and limited. Especially considering, since this game aims for realism, I could boost a Honda Civic to 600hp, but can't come close to that in the game. I also don't like that users are unable to adjust the "real time" in the game. Not all of us have the time to sit and race a six hour race. I a more positive note. The graphics were stunning. I don't agree with the crash physics. But otherwise the graphics are impeccable. There is just so much to like about this game. Go buy it. Expand
  71. Jan 10, 2012
    Not quite The best gran turismo (gran turismo 2 being the best) but it still is gran turismo. Worth the wait. 1000 cars is just insane. Great for any racing fanatic.
  72. Jan 5, 2012
    An outstanding game with very nice graphics, a huge supply of available vehicles, contemporary driving locations, as well as an array of special events and other small addons like rally racing and NASCAR.
  73. Jan 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's been a year after the release of Gran Turismo 5.
    And boy oh boy does it really improve itself from a great but filled with flaws racing sim to the one
    that leave all the haters in the dust because they can't seem to hate it anymore!
    Since December 2010 PD released alot of updates fixing bugs and problems in the game.
    They fixed so many things that i can't remember how many.
    Gran Turismo 5 appeared to really killed many of its main issues.
    They added seasonal events to compensate for the lack of in game a-spec,b-spec events,
    Added simplified interior views to all standard cars and ability to put rims on it and those rims
    are not standard its premium in detail!
    PD also improved race sound effects and add few free premium cars and two packs of DLCs
    (As of january 2012)
    And more still to come.
    Polyphony Digital is a kind of company that listens to their customers and fans and fans also
    appears to be devoting their lives to give all the input and feedback to PD for improvement.
    Something that many of the today's game companies really lacked of.
    I don't think the 5000 characters limit is even enough to describe how much Gran Turismo 5 have changed in a year.
    A big 10 will be reward to PD to all of their hard work not just to release the game but also
    keep improving just like their fans want with extra surprises along the way.
    But one thing i can say for sure that "The king of racing game is on its way back to the top!"
  74. Dec 15, 2011
    Weak effort. The game got so much hype and for what? Game feels dated, and it proves that the Japanese devs cant compete against the west anymore, or at least thats how i see it. This game sucks.
  75. Nov 24, 2011
    I don't know if it has better or worst graphics from Forza, I don't care that it has the double car list from it, I don't even care if it take a day for a track to load... Every time I step behind my wheel controller in to the virtual driver's seat of a s2000 and I struggle to maintain control as I try to overtake an opponent on a blind turn, I think "this is a real driving simulator"...
  76. Nov 23, 2011
    Realistic graphics with a giant selection of cars, a drawback being that even at such a large selection, it still felt lacking (how many EVOs are there again???). The racing is fairly intuitive and the track selection is amazing, but it still feels like something is missing. They developed for so long that my expectation was through the roof and even though I thoroughly enjoyed it, itRealistic graphics with a giant selection of cars, a drawback being that even at such a large selection, it still felt lacking (how many EVOs are there again???). The racing is fairly intuitive and the track selection is amazing, but it still feels like something is missing. They developed for so long that my expectation was through the roof and even though I thoroughly enjoyed it, it feels as though not enough innovation was done to make this truly feel like a new game, rather than an upgraded one. By no means is this a bad game and for anyone new to the series, well, prepare to be immersed in quite a learning curve, but at the same time for any fan of the series, I think we can all agree that there was a special piece of innovation missing from Polyphony this time around. Expand
  77. Nov 22, 2011
    Sadly, after 5000 years in development, it wasn't worth the wait.
  78. USG
    Nov 21, 2011
    Upon release, Gran Turismo 5 was more of a disappointment than it is currently before many of its patches. Only on the surface it seemed more pleasing. Notable features such as B-Spec mode to the Used Dealer were poorly received and many of the hyped features before its release (e.g. kart racing) turned out to be only small components. Car damage became an afterthought. A-Spec's prolongedUpon release, Gran Turismo 5 was more of a disappointment than it is currently before many of its patches. Only on the surface it seemed more pleasing. Notable features such as B-Spec mode to the Used Dealer were poorly received and many of the hyped features before its release (e.g. kart racing) turned out to be only small components. Car damage became an afterthought. A-Spec's prolonged races didn't feel as rewarding as other titles. It's quite disappointing how the license tests became irrelevant. Loading times weren't fantastic like usual and Polyphony must release updates constantly to perfect the game. Other than that, the simulation has been tweaked to approach excellence, the AI is not as bad as it's made out to be, Photo Mode was vastly improved, and online racing has been implemented well. Over the months, Polyphony has slowly improved the game and with a peripheral, Gran Turismo 5 retained enjoyment thanks to some attention to detail present from tuning cars to the tracks and racing itself (for most cases, in balanced races). Expand
  79. Nov 13, 2011
    It is a racing sim. And nothing more. PD has painstakingly made this game from idea, to paper, to blueprint, to computer, to alpha, to beta, to Gold Master. While it has it's faults and dinks (or lack of) it continues to suceed in polish and commitment. For that reason alone, it is higher than 5, for that reason alone, it can't get over 7.
  80. Nov 12, 2011
    I was a huge fan o gt series, but GT5 just sucks hard. The car sounds like a vacuum cleaner, many cars dont have interior view... omg. They just arruined the game.
  81. Nov 10, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. An almost perfect racing simulator (not a crash simulator). A los of excellent stuff, and continous updating.
    The only mistake it's the thousand of versions of japanesse cars and to many standar cars.
    I hope they fix that with the continous updates :)
  82. Nov 9, 2011
    As a video game it's an 8, as a driving simulator it's a 10. and since I like cars more than I like video games this is great for me. This is the game I play even when I don't feel like playing video games. It's just perfect for a guy who wants to be an automotive engineer like me :D
  83. Nov 7, 2011
    Several hundred hours in, and a platinum trophy asides, I believe I am now able to give a proper review of this Beast of a Racing Sim. Spec 2.0 has defiinitely improved upon a good game, giving in the car camera angle to all cars, not just premium cars however with the exception of the Caterham and Jay Leno tank car, the in car camera at best feels like your driving a hood-less van all theSeveral hundred hours in, and a platinum trophy asides, I believe I am now able to give a proper review of this Beast of a Racing Sim. Spec 2.0 has defiinitely improved upon a good game, giving in the car camera angle to all cars, not just premium cars however with the exception of the Caterham and Jay Leno tank car, the in car camera at best feels like your driving a hood-less van all the time with standard cars. The tracks are prettier in other games, but none have quite the same feel, the physics are incredible, now with new car packs coming out, on top of the new cars given to you when spec 2.0 came along, now is the time to get this game. Like it or not It's Still the King Of The Hill. Expand
  84. Nov 7, 2011
    Best racing game on the market with update 2.0 =) Very happy with the quality of the update, has definitely taken this game from "good" to "great". Definitely bought the DLC.
  85. Nov 2, 2011
    A very fun realistic racer but some parts will leave you pissed off espically after racing the same circuits over and over again grinding for money for the right cars and tune ups.
  86. Nov 1, 2011
    Yes, there are some flaws but still its next to GT3 as one of the best racing games I've ever played. There's plenty of races to do - both in Aspec and seasonal events, the graphics are insanely good. For those wondering about the standard cars I can reassure you they don't even look bad :) Online is fun - although I personally prefer the offline elements. Definitely recommended.
  87. Oct 20, 2011
    Hands down the best driving,simulation,racing game available EVER!I have all the systems and I just got Forza 4 and it's unbelievably awesome game and the second best racing game ever.This game just feels more like straight up racing.To me forza doesn't feel connected like this game does.If you want to see breasts,ct..and you want a fancy racing game then by all means go get Forza 3 orHands down the best driving,simulation,racing game available EVER!I have all the systems and I just got Forza 4 and it's unbelievably awesome game and the second best racing game ever.This game just feels more like straight up racing.To me forza doesn't feel connected like this game does.If you want to see breasts,ct..and you want a fancy racing game then by all means go get Forza 3 or 4.If you want real racing and have a game that is fun and rewarding every time you play the GT5 is the only choice.I've sat and really gave all of this some thought.I'm not an xbox guy or a ps3 guy,I'm just a man that knows what racing is all about.The reviews are wrong on this one.GT5 is the best there is and honestly when I say Forza 4 is second ,well that is true but it is a FAR second,it's not a close call. Expand
  88. Oct 14, 2011
    So many bugs on release of this game that they have a huge list on the PS3 forums,. very disopinting for a game that took so long and is nothing like the previous PS2 quality releases, how any review could of give this game 100 is just a joke, how did they not see the bugs, the terrible sounds(not even any tunnel echo and screen tearing etc ?..

Anyone Comparing this to Forza 4 would not

Anyone Comparing this to Forza 4 would not be being fair on as Forza 4 is so much of a better game it's in a different class to this. I recommend Forza 4 as the better game if you have both consoles.
  89. Oct 13, 2011
    A true racing sim, lives up to most of the hype, although I was expecting the best racing experience ever, this doesn't fail to deliver with visually stunning graphics, smooth driving and a all time blast.
  90. Oct 13, 2011
    My main issue with GT5 is that for all the Simulation goodness it might do, it's not really a very interesting or exciting game. Racing is terrifyingly boring; the sounds are kinda muffled and the graphics leave to be desired, to be honest.The fact that you have to unlock damage and physical features by leveling up is beyond ridiculous...
    If you have spent more then your house's worth on
    If you have spent more then your house's worth on racing apparel you probably own it to yourself to play it, but if you are looking to an exciting racing game with realistic feel, to have fun, look elsewhere.

I don't own an Xbox 360, so I have never played Forza, and can't really say how it stands next to GT5. If I had to point at a replacement, Shift 2: Unleashed (Need for Speed's simulation -ish branch) is where it's at for me, as a gamer, not as a driving simulator enthusiast.
  91. Oct 10, 2011
    I just finished playing my 60th-ish hour of gameplay on GT5 and i must say i can't figure how people put 0-1's on a game. First off - Graphics , theyre good , yes theres 800 cars that are exactly the same as GT4 HD but , since they are the low end vehicule , you will only have them for 4-5 hours max in your whole gaming experience then you have those little beauties waiting for you. GameI just finished playing my 60th-ish hour of gameplay on GT5 and i must say i can't figure how people put 0-1's on a game. First off - Graphics , theyre good , yes theres 800 cars that are exactly the same as GT4 HD but , since they are the low end vehicule , you will only have them for 4-5 hours max in your whole gaming experience then you have those little beauties waiting for you. Game play - nothing new , but i must say when you desactivate the assistance and everything , it gets better (that's a little tip right there). Then there's it's lifetime - if you do every liscences to get gold it's at least a 6-7 hours , then there are the 6-7 race "difficulty" and thats at least 60h+ gameplay and then there is the special events and the season events that gets you a good 10-20 hours at least . so ... you can't say you tested the game until you get at least to professionnal race class ( 10-20ish hours). Last , the soundtrack ..aint got much to say about it , its nice , not distracting you but makes the race a little bit nicer.

I Loved it , aint worth 10 , but 8 is a base .... until update 2.0...
  92. Oct 9, 2011
    What a ridiculous release! A half finished game which brings nothing new to the table. I waited 6 or so years for this and for it to be such a disappointment is beyond me. Did they really import the cars directly from the ps2 version? Sorry Sony but you've been outdone by Microsoft's Forza chain.
  93. Oct 8, 2011
    I mean oh my! This game is beyond my expectations. After playing it for a few months, I am addicted still. GT is the only racing series that has constantly given me epic experiences in hundreds of vehicles.
  94. Sep 28, 2011
    It's just excellent. The best game by far available in PS3. Updates keep coming even 1 year after its debut and there are plenty of challenges to face. AI might not be as hard as it could have been, but there are still some challenging tracks and endurance races. Excellent menu of cars and races. If you get a wheel, it is an absolutely overwhelming experience. Over the top.
  95. Aug 27, 2011
    Let me start of by saying that this game starts off and gives you a horrible first impression. There is a half an hour install to make the loading times quicker, the first cars which you get are slow, usually without a **** view and not very fun to drive and lastly the menu's are generally messy and you don't know what's what. However, once you get past those few quibbles, the gameLet me start of by saying that this game starts off and gives you a horrible first impression. There is a half an hour install to make the loading times quicker, the first cars which you get are slow, usually without a **** view and not very fun to drive and lastly the menu's are generally messy and you don't know what's what. However, once you get past those few quibbles, the game completely opens up; the super cars, nascars, rally cars, f1, cars touring cars... they're all so beautiful and fun to drive. The graphics are awesome, especially with premium models, there's always something to do, be it kart race, top gear test track, seasonal events, licences, making your own track., driving countless amount of different cars.. Put simply, this game is all it needs to be! The simulation is perfect and if you like cars or driving, you will LOVE this game. Expand
  96. Aug 25, 2011
    I would have given a 10 as the game play is superb. Steering wheel/pedals is a must! The loading times and menu layout is horrible. In all honesty if i were to play for 5 hours and in that time i wanted to play online as well as tournaments, licenses etc i would probably get about 3.5 hrs of game play the rest of the time I'm sitting around waiting for it to load and wasting many minutesI would have given a 10 as the game play is superb. Steering wheel/pedals is a must! The loading times and menu layout is horrible. In all honesty if i were to play for 5 hours and in that time i wanted to play online as well as tournaments, licenses etc i would probably get about 3.5 hrs of game play the rest of the time I'm sitting around waiting for it to load and wasting many minutes navigating the menu screens which could have been set out better to save time. Very bad development there - seems as though the game developers are trying to make life difficult. I will also point out that maintenance of your cars cost too many credits, and once you have repaired damages - you have have to spend the same amount of credits after the next race. This game needs a massive investment of your time - and at the end of the day its just a game! i would rather spend that time Go karting in real life! not in my bedroom!!. You wouldn't be able to enjoy this game playing it part time its more like a full time job. Expand
  97. Aug 9, 2011
    Gran Turismo 5 just isn't what it needs to be considering its time in development. Right when you start the game up it gives you option of installing it to hard drive or to just play. Fight the urge to just play. This shouldn't even be an option. With the game installed on the hard drive the loading times are still atrocious. Loading from just one menu to the next can be upwards of 45Gran Turismo 5 just isn't what it needs to be considering its time in development. Right when you start the game up it gives you option of installing it to hard drive or to just play. Fight the urge to just play. This shouldn't even be an option. With the game installed on the hard drive the loading times are still atrocious. Loading from just one menu to the next can be upwards of 45 seconds. And the menu design itself is horrendous. When you finally get to the driving it is as good as you'd expect from a Gran Turismo game. So it has that going for it, which is the most important part. I can't say it makes up for its flaws though. The AI is depressingly bad. You can sit at a dead stop in the middle of a straight away and the AI will run right into you. Graphically the game is both good and bad. The Premium cars are really stunning, but there are very few of them. And the ones that are premium seems arbitrarily chosen. You have cars like the Volkswagon Schwimmwagon which is premium, but a car like the Veyron isn't. I'll never understand that. The sound in the game is another gripe. The cars really sound uninspired as well. The game is a good racer, but really leaves a lot to be desired in virtually every other area. Expand
  98. Aug 8, 2011
    Reading through these reviews, I think its kind of amusing. I honestly cant understand how low this game is reviewed; especially considering how much content it provides. I especially dont understand how somebody could review a game low because of the music; When I race GT5, I hear Pearl Jam and Soundgarden as my background music; if you decide to stick with the stock music (over 80Reading through these reviews, I think its kind of amusing. I honestly cant understand how low this game is reviewed; especially considering how much content it provides. I especially dont understand how somebody could review a game low because of the music; When I race GT5, I hear Pearl Jam and Soundgarden as my background music; if you decide to stick with the stock music (over 80 something tracks; I don't use any of them but many of them are very good) when it gives you the option to use your own, then your obviously biased against the game for one reason or another.

The graphics are top notch the majority of the time, with occasional headscratchers regarding standard level cars; but the majority of standard level cars look as good as what you'll see in forza 3 (and with the lower anti-aliasing; forza's all look less crisp) - but when I see everything in view crisp and clear, I consider that top notch. Especially when keeping 60 fps the whole time. To be honest, I've had GT5 since release; and I still cant put it down. I purchased Forza 3 a week after I got my copy of GT5; I traded it in before christmas. When it comes to a driving simulation, GT5 is at the top; its far from perfect, but I cant see myself playing anything else. Highly reccomend you check out Classic Game Room's review of both GT5 and Forza 3; It'll give you a good account of the pro's and con's of each game. Whether you enjoy one or the other is up to taste.
  99. Jul 9, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A very good game to play, and the attention to detail is stunning (but it's not perfect). It is almost a perfect simulator if you want to get as close to the real thing as possible. But one thing that disappoints me (and, I'm sure others) is how the 800 of those 1,000 cars are standard cars (standard cars do not have interiors that can be viewed while driving, and the attention to detail isn't entirely there). It also bothers me how some of today's cars (the Bugatti Veyron, shockingly) are the standard cars. Also, most of those 800 cars were ripped straight out of GT4. Very lazy, and downright disappointing for five years in the works. The AI is also quite laughable. If you are all racing a Ferrari F10, it's not a challenge at all. It's almost UN-realistic racing against them. I can pull off a Lewis Hamilton on them better than Lewis HIMSELF can. Expand
  100. Jun 27, 2011
    Haven't played GT since GT2 which was a massive game in the days. Spending my time on xbox with Project Gotham and Forza. Ditched my xbox and opted for a PS3 and found myself without any good racing games (rally games excluded). Finally went and bought GT5, which I had been looking forward to for quite some time. There is a lot of negatives in this game - presentation is horrible andHaven't played GT since GT2 which was a massive game in the days. Spending my time on xbox with Project Gotham and Forza. Ditched my xbox and opted for a PS3 and found myself without any good racing games (rally games excluded). Finally went and bought GT5, which I had been looking forward to for quite some time. There is a lot of negatives in this game - presentation is horrible and inconsistent for one. Loading times, spelling errors (says installing when you're loading a track, come on, really..) and it seems like there were several animators who never got to meet each other, as small animations vary throughout the menus. It's not hard to find things though, that's pretty nice, it's harder to exit menus/areas as it requires an extensive amount of going back through menus.

When all that is said, let's get to the racing part, this is where the game really owns up to the brand name. Racing is fun, exiting, pretty realistic and yet easily accissible for beginners. The graphics are really smooth and very very nice. There is no doubt that the racing part of this game is without equal on the PS3 (imo). I can't wait to race some more, look at more cars, upgrade, take my licenses etc.

Some coherence in the menu system and presentation would have pushed this game to a straight 10, which makes it hard to rate.

10/10 for the racing bit
    6/10 for presentation
    10/10 for graphics
    8/10 for sounds
    9/10 for gameplay (i don't really get the b-spec option...)

makes it 8.6 in my opinion, so I have to push it up to a 9, though it's a small nine and a big 8.

Buy it !
  101. Nov 26, 2010
    Firstly I'll set my stall out - I'm no X-box fan never owned one or played on one, but I've played on all versions of the GT series. Most gripes have been covered already, the menus are cumbersome, the in-game music is shocking (thankfully you can turn it off!) and the 'standard' cars are annoyingly sub-standard. The premiums are so nicely rendered with care that it feels such a let downFirstly I'll set my stall out - I'm no X-box fan never owned one or played on one, but I've played on all versions of the GT series. Most gripes have been covered already, the menus are cumbersome, the in-game music is shocking (thankfully you can turn it off!) and the 'standard' cars are annoyingly sub-standard. The premiums are so nicely rendered with care that it feels such a let down with the rest. Then the 'premiums' - why, oh why, do we need a Suzuki Cappuccino '05 AND an '07 version?? They are exactly the same, even the trim is identical! Not sure how many other duplicate 'premiums' are about (no doubt the usual glut of skylines). Now, I suppose we should know what to expect from this series, going through licenses and repeating the Sunday cup until you have enough for a decent motor but come on its the 5th main installment and its lacking the excitement of recent next gen games, such as nfs shift. Not saying that was perfect but I had great fun playing that, and playing GT5 just feels stale in comparison. This just doesn't sit right with me (especially as i forked out on the signature edition!). Why does a game 6yr or so in development feel incomplete, rushed and so disjointed? It even has one of my most annoying bugbears - trophy design... couldn't they show some imagination and design individual icons? Not asking for much there surely, in all that time. Its double standards - saying they wanted the perfect sim, going into so much detail, yet so many things are not. I still have my doubts the physics are that realistic too, it drives well for the most part but some challenges (mainly on the top gear events) seem unnatural. I'm hoping a bit more time and perseverance will open up more challenging and exciting racing but at the moment I feel a bit let down. Collapse

1. Games Master UK
    Feb 18, 2011
    We love Gran Turismo dearly but it isn't the game we hoped it would be. [Feb 2011, p.72]
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Feb 16, 2011
    An unusually complex driving game that demands real dedication and only fully reveals its true power once you've put the mileage in. [Jan 2011, p.108]
  3. Feb 7, 2011
    GT5 is pretty much exactly what everybody expected it to be. Overhyped maybe because of the unprecedented delay in its release, but spot on with its goals.