• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Dec 6, 2013
7.7

1. Dec 6, 2013
    GT6 it's the best racing game in consoles by far. Faster menus, new tyre and suspension physics, more and more content... Forza was a disappointment with the lack of content and abusive dlc (first day dlc and you must to pay for drive a veyron, really?). So if you own a ps3 and you like racing games, this is for you. A lot of improvements since gt5, great job giving us this game at the end of ps3.
  2. Dec 9, 2013
    Review update.

Positive things: 37 tracks so much better and faster UI than in the GT5 nice and better night racing some tracks improved visual tuning (on the cars) qualifying in the online races one of the best handling (In the history of video game consoles)

Negative things: still awful sounds some tracks unchanged in the cokpit view poor weather system Find it on YouTube:
    Gran Turismo 6 Vs Gran Turismo 5 Rain Effect soundtrack I don't find my friends list in the menu (For what? Example: I can't see the profile of my friends.) still standard cars no endurance races... (WTF!!) too easy career mod still no leaderboards just in the licens

Disappointment.
  3. Dec 6, 2013
    Gran Turismo 6 is a very fine game, although some parts are lacking. After playing for a few hours, the game feels like a vast improvement over Gran Turismo 5, and all of the good parts are carried over. The improvement on the suspension and tyre physics are notable, and the graphics are incredibly smooth given that it's on the PS3. Negative remarks include the career mode, which still feels like a drag, and the slow flow of credits. This is not a problem if you have bought the anniversary edition (which comes with 1m credits), but obtaining cars is significantly more difficult than it was in GT5. However, all of this will be forgotten once you rush through the Nürburgring's Flugplatz in a Le Mans Prototype at maximum speed. The sheer driving pleasure of the game trumps the downsides more than ever. Expand
  4. Dec 6, 2013
    GT6 is a good racing game and with a good amount of improvements over previous installments.

Graphically, tracks are beautiful, a lot of the cars are modeled very well.

Regarding gameplay, the physics are basically unrivaled, the feeling it gives is almost magical. People are talking about micro-transactions, which I don't care much about them, don't affect game play at all, in any
    way, and money can be earned the way it was intended without purchasing credits, if you want to buy them, the option is there, but won't give a buyer an unfair advantage.

Music is personal personal preference, but car sound, as everyone, including PD knows, is not up to the standards which is should be.

Overall, a really solid racing game which will only improve over time. Looking at the Playstation 3 eco-system now, if you want a simulation racing game, GT 6 is the only option.
  5. Dec 6, 2013
    The king is back. Gran Turismo 6 is a force to be reckoned with. This is the definitive version of the game, and a perfect reminder that the PS3 still has some life left.
  6. Dec 6, 2013
    Far from great but little on the soundtrack, poor audio, and quality of cars to choose. But Gran Turismo 6 manages to overcome what's right and wrong from its previous installment Gran Turismo 5. Although we're on the final days (or next year) of the PS3, many would consider that Gran Turismo should be on PS4 if this one has better sales than its rival, Forza Motorsport 5. I think Sony did a great job on expanding the franchise 15 years in the making. The tracks are undeniably beautiful, perfect execution, a selection of races that you can easily take on other players worldwide, and best of all it may not be stepping in GT5's shadows, GT6 could be the best and exciting racing game to end the life cycle of the Playstation 3. Worth buying this holiday season. Expand
  7. Dec 6, 2013
    Micro transactions kill this latest entry into the genre dead and with such slow progression in the career you can see how they want to milk you for more than the premium cost of this game. On a positive note the circuits I have seen are fantastic, shame it sounds like you are driving a toy car around them.
  8. Dec 6, 2013
    Gran Turismo 6 improves on many things on it's predecessor like better visuals on the cars and background, lighting/shadows, tracks, better UI, physics, weather effects. It does has some minor drawbacks which i believe will be fixed with a patch in the near future like the engine sound and maybe the damage that the cars take. All in all it is the best driving sim out there and you should definitely check it out Expand
  9. Dec 6, 2013
    Incredible game, loads of content, far superior than forza and seeing as that is next gen, makes this game even more impressive! GT 6 improves on most things from GT 5 with better physics, sound, although it could be improved a bit better. overall 10/10
  10. Dec 6, 2013
    A very good racing simulator with a huge number of cars (about 1200), good racing mechanics, weather system, proper career mode and a real selection of tracks! this is in stark contrast to the meagre forza 5 which which only has 200 cars, no weather system, no night racing, a very small number of tracks and is an arcade racer. Both have micro transactions but forza 5 forces you to pay to get certain cars. In GT6 you don'y even get prompted about them, unless you look for it in PS Store.

Also to all those fanboys comparing this to GT6 telling it to catch up to forza 5, you do understand that you are comparing a last gen game with a next gen game? maybe that tell you enough about how much quality Forza 5 really is lol
  11. Dec 6, 2013
    Lovin it. Driving on the moon is a reet treet! All looks good and it's dead ace and all that is this one hundred and fifty characters yet? no it isn't
  12. Dec 6, 2013
    Awesome racing game that keeps it's reputation as the best. A lot of reviewers on here giving it low scores for no good reason. Don't listen to anyone that gives it a score lower than 8, as they are biased and are probably haters that lover Forza and came here just to try and give this game a lower rating.
  13. Dec 6, 2013
    It's sad so many fanboys come here just to up the score. GT6 is the ultimate game for any car nut and the visuals as the handling of the cars are better than before. With my G27 I would even call this one of the most realistic driving experiences I ever had. To me the ühysics and tyre model feel even superior to the likes of iRacing and rFactor, which were my favorites up to date. It really feels as if you have some real rubber in your hands!
    I only played for 12 hours yet but I can definately say the fun is back in Gran Turismo! There is a lot of variation and you won't get bored so easily. Two of the most critical sites on the internet, Polygon and Eurogamer both give it a 9! I agree but for the sake of balancing out those butthurt Forza fanboys it gets a 10!
  14. Dec 6, 2013
    If you liked GT5 you will love GT6, even though its quite similar to GT5, its refined in every way, and most importantly the driving. If you play with a wheel, you'll be able to feel it right off the bat, cars are so much more responsive, especially when your making quick changes with the steering, the gradual loss of grip is translated to the steering so much more now, cars weight is much more evident when your throwing the weight of the car,,, and the differences between each car feel even more pronounced. I know there are alot of people saying quality over quantity, but if you played gt5 and enjoyed it,,, you'll notice that the quality is raised across the board on gt6,,, so I feel that GT6 is both quality and quantity.
    If your looking to pick this game up, I'd recommend it only to people that are interested in a driving simulation because that is where the main focus is. For me, this is a perfect Gran Turismo title, and will have me happy and smiling all the way till the arrival of Gran Turismo 7.
  15. Dec 6, 2013
  16. Dec 6, 2013
    Great game
    There are huge improvements as compared to Gt5 such as :
    New tracks
    Load time is better as compared to Gt5
    More realism in car speed, handling than before
  17. Dec 6, 2013
    Spent a few hours with GT6 and loving it already! New tracks are great, cars feel more realistic than before, new lighting effects are beautiful, and the sheer volume of content blows every other console racer out of the water!
  18. Shi
    Dec 6, 2013
    For those giving a bad review, have you actually played the game and aren't just fanboying over Forza 5?
    I've now played both games, and GT6 improves upon GT5 in almost every aspect. Only thing that disappoints me is the sound. Cars don't sound realistic, even Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012 made the cars sound like they do in real life, yet GT6 still hasn't improved that.
    As for the
    micro-transactions, both games have it, but GT6 never prompts you to buy anything with cash, meaning the game progresses the same way as GT5, the microtransactions are those who aren't willing to grind through the game, but it still doesn't change the way the game is played. If you enjoy cars and racing, GT6 is an excellent game to add to your collection. Expand
  19. Dec 6, 2013
    Great new entry to the series. The menus are now quickly and snapy, the new tiyre and suspension model is great.

Relaly like that they added PP to carrer mode, so now you cant enter with an overpower car to the event. Also the grapichs are almost the same with gt5 but with improved things, like shadows, enviroments, etc.
    The track seleccion is just espectacular. great game.
  20. Dec 6, 2013
    It's about driving, not the prettiest graphics. People seem to harp on comparing it to Forza 5 which is on a next gen system and even then its physics and driving engine isn't as good at GT6. If you want to DRIVE cars then get GT6 if you want to look at pretty graphics and race an arcade game get Forza.
  21. Dec 6, 2013
    very fast loading time
    much tracks and cars
    much game mission

the best racing game in the world so far.

only bad if this game can go to ps4 would be great.
  22. Dec 6, 2013
    -GT6 is a very solid executed racing game. It is great that it is released in PS3 opposed to PS4 because then content would have to be sacrificed. If you don't believe, look at Forza 5. Look how much content is taken away just to have it on XBOX ONE.
    -Over 1200 cars in a video game? This is both good and bad. It's good because if you don't like 95% of the cars, theirs still a good 100
    cars that you like. The bad side is GT6 seemed like they focused on quantity over quality. Not all cars are designed that great, but it gets the job done and then some.
    -Tracks on the other hand, it murders every other racing game ever made, and will made. The widest variety of track ever and that's not all. Each track has a unique weather effect system and a cool day night cycle. You could play the same track twice in a row and have from sunny and warm to snowy and cold...at night.
    -Handling card in the game is superb. Need I say more? Not all things work though
    -Sound is not very good. Almost all cars sound the same and crashing into a wall sounds like dropping an empty card board box from 50 feet. But these things don't take away from the overall experience.
    -Also, it should be noted that almost every while controller will work.

So, if you like GT5, get GT6. If you like racing games, get GT6. If you are thinking about the GT series and what it has to offer, get GT6. If you have a PS3, get GT6.
  23. Dec 6, 2013
    GT6 Is an amazing game. The new physics engine is really polished and even though there is a learning curve, anyone that has played at least a few racing games before will learn it without any trouble. Nice to see previously 'standard' cars have been touched up to make them more attractive and pleasing to use in racing. The Premium vehicles look outstanding and looking at your glittering car on a sunset light race track is pretty close to gaming euphoria. I highly recommend this game to anyone faithful to the GT series or looking for a fresh racing game that is about a lot more than 'simulation' Expand
  24. Dec 7, 2013
    Gt6 is ok, but I get the feeling that I would have been just as well deleting my gt5 save and starting that again.
    One thing I find very bad about the game though is that you cant install most of the data onto your harddrive like you could with gt5, makes for slow initial loading of races/tracks
  25. Dec 8, 2013
    I can score this game in two ways. As a driving game, I would score it 9.5. Its driving model is incredible and the sheer joy of driving cars round the many excellent tracks is second to none. GT6 has by far the best driving model out there on consoles and I love it for it (I have not played Shift 2 and Forza 5). If all cars would have had detailed views and the sound of the engine would have been better, GT6 would have been perfect as a driving game. As a racing game, however, I would score it 7.5. It loses points for insisting on rolling starts and the associated AI restrictions (the other drivers are noticeably worse than you, because otherwise you would never be able to pass them after the royal head start they get), as well as for the absence of an effective damage model (including the infamous thumping sound when you hit other cars and barriers; I do appreciate the small dents and paint scratches that result from minor exchanges with other cars). In the racing department, Forza Horizon still holds the crown to me (again, I have not played Shift 2 or Forza 5). So whether you will love GT6 (like I absolutely do) or will be all "meh" about it, depends largely on what you enjoy the most in a driving/racing game. I am a sucker for the realistic and fun driving experience and fell in love with GT6 in minutes, so much so that as soon as I could I took some of my cars for a free drive around the Nurburgring and Laguna Seca, just to explore the cars and tracks, while trying to set a good lap time. GT6 is the only driving/racing game that can make me do such things voluntarily and make me love every second of it. And for that reason, I think it's the best driving/racing game out there, by a large margin. Disclaimer: I have spent four hours with the game thus far and hope my excitement will stay at the high level it is at right now (so far the game has done a good job introducing new fun and exciting things/options frequently, so I have a feeling my love for the game will stay). Expand
  26. Dec 6, 2013
    Gran Turismo 6 is a worthy addition to the series. It may not be perfect, but at least you don't get cheated out of content like in forza motorsport 5. The menu is easier to use and the racing is even better. Overall it's a great game and racers will love it.
  27. Dec 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Gran Turismo 6 improves on many things on it's predecessor like better visuals on the cars and background, lighting/shadows, tracks, better UI, physics, weather effects. It does has some minor drawbacks which i believe will be fixed with a patch in the near future like the engine sound and maybe the damage that the cars take..GT6 it's the best racing game in console Expand
  28. Dec 6, 2013
    It's the best simulation game of the word.Fisics,simulation,everithing is great.That simulation is amazing!Better than forza.But that sound is horrible.
  29. Dec 6, 2013
    GT6 is the game we were expecting from GT5. Yes, the damage model is nearly inexistent and the sounds could be better (they will be replaced soon) but the driving feeling alone makes this the best racing game, I have ever played. It feels just way better than before. And the track selection is just amazing. get it
  30. Dec 6, 2013
    It's largely the same game that it has been for years, with the added benefit that most of the really interesting new features will come at some indeterminate time in the future via patch.

Gran Turismo has fallen a long way, or perhaps it's more that it hasn't really moved that much and the rest of the world has passed it by. It's really only saved by the sheer volume of content that it
    provides and the fact that there's no serious competition on the same console. I don't expect that to be the case for much longer, the time is ripe for another Enthusia to step up and give a challenge. Expand
  31. Dec 9, 2013
    Best gran turismo so far. The simulation is extreme nice for a video console. There is plenty amount of cars and tracks to keep playing for long time thanks again to the nice simulation realized.
    There is some negative points,like damage and AI, make the game get lot of low notes, but my point of view is a note of 9 or at least 8.5, but not less...
  32. Dec 13, 2013
    Love this game! It starts pretty basic but as you progress it gets better and better. There are so many stuff to do and it will take you some time but all worth it especially when you drive that perfect line...
  33. Dec 7, 2013
    Best driving sim out there! Best part of the game is the car handling. I drove my friend's L-plated Honda Jazz on the road. The in-game Honda Fit felt extremely similar in handling. I wasn't bothered by the slow novice events at the start of the game. In fact, I was relishing the realistic feel of an actual car, going up against the AIs with higher PP cars. Sure. GT AIs are just too well-mannered around the tracks, despite setting AI aggrassion to max. But, it's still an improvement over GT5, as they do bump you around a bit. Though the default controller buttons assigned by the game, seems odd; once its re-mapped, it felt just as natural as any other racer. Well, we know there's tonnes of contents! No doubt more so than Forza 5, but this gen's visuals just can't compare with next gen. Still, its amazing the PS3 can still output such a beauty. With Forza 4 & GT5 in my possession, I was about to skip GT6 until I heard B-Spec is coming! Yes! B-Spec! I can't wait! See, lots of games is about driving, but few cater to those who enjoy managing and spectating. So, PD, please hurry up with the B-Spec update! Expand
  34. Dec 9, 2013
    GT6 is simply what the GT5 should have been but at the same time being different enough that it doesn't look like another expansion pack for GT5.
    It got fast and smooth UI and better looking cars both premium and standard cars and vastly improved driving physics that make GT5 physics feels arcadey and dreaded EXP system got replaced by the ever motivated Star system,AI is slightly
    improved.
    With 1200 cars and 40+ tracks guarantees lengthy playtime definitely longevity is Gran Turismo' biggest value
    Music also continues to oozes and scream Classy feel with its smooth jazz and lounge music by dedicated artist both new and old.
    The adrenaline pumping tunes can be somewhat lacking but it still works.
    Weaknesses are that the standard cars despite got a much better look but it still there without proper views and engine sounds leaves a lot to be desired.
    The handling being so realistic to the point that it can be hard and frustrating to keep it in control after the car bit when using regular controller.
    Steering wheel is a must in order to fully enjoy GT6 ultra realistic handling and driving physics.
    The team is set to constantly improve the game too but even at its current state it's safe to say that the series had finally returned back on track.
  35. Dec 18, 2013
    I looked very forward to Gran Turismo 6. I was not disappointed. This game is really great. Sure, it's not the best racing simulator out there, but it's a really great driving simulator. Then again, I'm not a car fanatic, so I would have no idea. Bottom line, this game is really fun to play. Except if you play this in split-screen. Gran Turismo 6 is the worst party game to ever exist in the history of mankind. Get something else like Need for Speed or Dirt for that. Seriously, your friends wlil hate you for making them play this game with you. Expand
  36. Dec 7, 2013
    Keep Sending Zero Points You Forza Fans! Nice Try...But Put Your Arcade Game Away And Play Some REAL DRIVING SIMULATOR.
    Graphics Look Better than GT5 Cars And Tracks Are Complete ..Polyphony Dont Release A Game With 14 Tracks And 100 Cars! Even They Game Development Takes 5 Year Long.
  37. Dec 8, 2013
    Gran Turismo is easily the best racing series on consoles, however GT6 is a definite step down from GT5. Things start off positively enough with over 1200 cars (a larger percentage are recycled from Gran Turismo 5, which is fine), far snappier load times (a drag on GT5, let me tell ya), quicker car changes in the garage and even an easier, almost mobile-like layout. The controls are what you would expect from a Gran Turismo title, namely top notch, tight and no surprises. Throw in the amazing tuning options, and you really can tweak out any car to your liking (here's to you Escudo Pikes Peak).
    The differences between GT5 and GT6 range from silly to irksome. While licenses were a sideshow in GT5, they have once again become requisite to pass to move on to the higher ranked races. Seriously, if I just blazed through the Gran Turismo All Stars Championship, must I now go prove that I can corner and corner some more over and over again? Removed from GT6 is the B Driver series of races. While this may come as a welcome change to some, the ability to have my B Driver on auto pilot, and have him win overnight races for me was a sure way to build up cash. In GT6, it's back to the cash grind, however, you can now by credits directly from the PlayStation Store with real money. And frankly I disagree with it costing upwards of $150 to buy a 20-million credit car (of which there were a handful in GT5, namely the Red Bull car). Finally, it seems like less of a focus on racing, and more gimmicky things. Purists aside, the pull of Gran Turismo was to be able to tune your car to mammoth proportions, and use raw power to win more challenging races against sharper AI. In GT6, all races have a PP cap, so it is possible to out-tune the competition, but it is limited. And while I don't want the game to be flat out easy, I do think that the PP limitations are better served in Online and Seasonal Events...like GT5.

Final Rundown: Despite the too much grind, too much gimmick, GT6 is an expected addition to the best racing series around. However, it is a measurable step down from GT5. I certainly wouldn't advise spending the full $60 on the game (which I did), but I would gladly go purchase GT5: XL Edition for its now $20 new price tag.
  38. Dec 6, 2013
    Good evolution of the series, though strikingly similar to 5 at first glance. Gripes before are gripes now: poor collision detection; sounds like a hammer hitting a bathtub. Menus are cleaner and physics has definitely evolved. Some lovely race-mode additions. Overall, stick with 5 unless a GT nut. Like me.
  39. Dec 7, 2013
    The ultimate driving simulator? For Playstation 3 owners at least, this is basically as good as simulation racing gets. It is an incremental improvement over prior versions, so GT fans need not fear too much, this is still the GT you grew up with. A huge selection of cars and tracks is sure to keep car fans busy for a while. The driving physics seem close, though the grip modelling doesn't quite feel perfect to me. The driving lines are good enough looking and adjust reasonably to changes in car speed.

The user interface is great, you can tell they put some work into it, and the on screen HUD during races is very informative while staying out of the way and letting you focus on the track as well. The fonts are all very readable at a glance with good shadowing and contrast, I find myself liking the look of the RPM meter in 3rd person despite it being horizontal. I find 3rd person a lot easier to drive in and get better track awareness so I can't really comment much about the 1st person interface. Also, speaking about 3rd person, there is unfortunately no way to get the 360 degree free rotation out of the right stick, which really should be allowed in my opinion.

The most disappointing thing so far is the lack of an actual simulation damage model. They will let the car look bashed up if you want, but it's only a visual, cars will drive the same after very aggressive driving compared with not. So don't worry, you won't be held accountable for driving people off the road every chance you get. I think this is one feature that really should have been considered for this title, at least for the player to optionally decide to use. Although we also don't see a rewind feature being added either, which is the thing that makes simulation damage not so frustrating to have on.

Another flaw which many have mentioned is the engine noise, and I find myself questioning this as well. They just don't really sound quite like real cars. It does distract a bit from the whole immersion experience to hear something which might be a toy car driving down the road. Maybe cranking up the bass would help a little in this case, but shouldn't be necessary, the cars should just sound right with balanced settings.

The loading times are impressive actually, I think this is the fastest loading racing game I've played. I do have an SSD installed in my PS3, which could account for some of the speed up in loading, so it might not really be a software issue either way. The frame rate is totally solid, I don't ever observe any drops in performance, it's completely smooth through every race, which is basically a must have for any game like this anyway. The car models are alright and rendering is pretty good, though it does feel like they could have pushed things a little higher in the graphic fidelity.

On the default setting, the AI is not too offensive, it will make some technical errors and create passing opportunities even for similarly performing cars. The AI setting can optionally be tweaked to be more aggressive

Overall the feel I get from this racing simulator is one to really kick back with, relax, and enjoy some Motorsport just for the fun of it. It might not meet all my simulation top criteria, but the experience of driving in this game is unique and enjoyable.
  40. Dec 7, 2013
    The king returns! Forget about micro transactions and just play! If you want to play fun arcade game please try another game but if you want to live in game you must try it.
  41. Dec 7, 2013
    I want to start off by saying that I have yet to play the full retail release of the game, but I felt like I needed to balance the scores out a bit because of the Forza fanboys spitting ignorance about the game. "Forza 5 so much better because GT6 has micro transactions." (Facepalm) I'd also like to say that I'm a fan of both GT and Forza. If you want pleasure from just sheer sense of just driving and want a strong connection to the cars you own and want it to take some time before you're cruising the Forza equivalent of A class and above cars, pick Gran Turismo. If you want better sound, customization, and want to get into the high end cars fast, Forza is your best bet. But both are good in their own ways. Grow up fanboys, and I mean both GT and Forza fanboys.

Gran Turismo:
    - more tracks
    - more cars, but many with less detail
    - well paced progression
    - outstanding sense of driving
    - more dynamic types of races and dynamic weather

Forza:
    - deep customization
    - good damage (cosmetic and performance)
    - all of it's smaller amount of cars are well detailed
    - better AI
    - better sense of speed
  42. Dec 7, 2013
    GT6 improved a lot. The new tyre and suspension physics are very good. Tthe tracks incl. the new ones the best this genre has to offer. Its like a racetrackparadise. The new menues are much better than the mess in GT5. And some of the new cars are simply stunning. This game will cost me a lot of time.
    I dont think that the microtransactions are a big deal. Nobody is forced to use them,
    because there will be a lot of races where you can earn up to 250000 Credits. Always been like that.

Forza 5 disappointed me this time being a rip off without any progress and changes, so im glad GT6 didnt disappoint me, so i can play a really good simulation without buying a new console.

I play it with my G27 and it feels awesome and authentic as ever. Simply the best simulation for consoles on the market.
  43. Dec 10, 2013
    GT6 is an incredible sim a huge step up from GT5. As a simulator I give it a 10/10 no question. The only reason It's getting a 9 is that the best console sim is wrapped up in a 7/10 game. Online is better but still not great and content is still hidden behind menus at times and the leader boards are a step back. One of the biggest complaints from people will be that there are still standard cars that don't look even close to premium cars. For me thats not too much of an issue. I use it as a sim and the actual look of the cars doesn't bother me as long as the physics are there, which they are. I'd pick it up if you're a sim fan or not just to try it. Theres loads of content and features that are great. Expand
  44. Jan 2, 2014
    By far the best installment in the series. It has a friendly user interface, lots of cars, events, tracks, and features! Graphics are great, sounds are, well, ok, still too digital, no low end, physics are, well duh, great, and overall game play: holy Buy this game if you haven't already!

PSN ID DylanBP15
  45. Dec 17, 2013
    GT6 has a lot more depth than a lot of people realise this time around, that's not to say that its not without its faults but we'll get to that later. The menus are simpler to navigate and straightforward although certain options are unclear like the stockyard for instance, unless you check the manual you'll not truly know what rts purpose is unless you get 500+ cars and find your garage can't hold anymore hence why the stocklyard is there to chuck up 9999 cars in. With the racing everybody is commenting on the new physics engine but unless you turn everything off ie traction control and skid recovery others may not truly experience or understand what all the fuss is about, this time round polyphony has taken the clever step of putting tyre and pp restrictions on the career events and at first glance it can seem frustrating but its a smart idea to get you to grips with the other types and options when it comes to how you approach a race. The progression unlock system is nothing new but its not something that gt has used to till now, it is better than the xp system in gt5 although the rewards are fewer than before meaning you need to grind more unless you choose to purchase money via microtransactions. A couple of features that did not cross over to gt6 were the cumulative money bonus and the ability to view your friends profile/progress and borrow cars, whether these are to be patched in or not is unclear which is a shame because it was handy feature although I can see the idea behind it that they want you to work for it. The dreaded license tests are back have been halved which does make the game more accessible as for the graphics they've been cleaned up and sharpened slightly but there's nothing to make it stand out really apart from when you race at night which does make a significant difference to the way you drive. The track selection is better this time around with more real life locations such as brands hatch, silverstone, willow springs to name but a few as well as some interesting new and old tracks meanwhile photo mode and replay mode have also had some nice interesting tweaks as well. Expand
  46. Dec 11, 2013
    I've been playing this game non stop for almost a week now and I have mixed feelings about it. The tracks are beautiful and fun to drive on, especially newer tracks like Bathurst and Silverstone. Even older tracks like Apricot Hill and Deep Forest are still fun, but less so. The newer tracks are definitely the highlight of GT6 so far. The selection of cars is as massive as ever, but while some of the cars look fantastic, there's still too many cars that look like they're left over from the PS2 days. The handling and driving physics are the best they've ever been; cars handle and control like their real world counterparts. People complain about starting with a crappy car and few credits and working your way up to better cars, but that's what GT has always been about, so people who don't like this should be playing arcade racing games, not sim racing games. The menu system is much easier and simpler to navigate than GT5, not GT5's menu system was that complex.

The problems that GT6 has are the same that have plagued it for 15 years now. The driver AI, while better than before, is still pretty dumb as cars drive in a straight line like robots. There's still limited car damage. There are far too many useless cars in the game. And some of the older tracks need a facelift. While the game is still loads of fun, it feels like the same old stuff over and over again. Polyphony needs to innovate more with GT, cuz games like Forza have caught up and even surpassed GT in some respects.
  47. Jan 11, 2014
    A car and a track to race it on. That is the appeal of Gran Turismo. Purity and perfection. The joy of pushing these cars to the limits of both their and your limits has never felt better. The information that is transferred from what's happening on screen to the controller, I don't think, has ever been so comprehensive. This coupled with the improved in-game physics makes this game a modern classic and a beautiful swansong for the PS3.

The stripped down interface is a joy after the bloated effort from GT 5 and the loading times are significantly reduced.

After completing the GT World Championship the ending credits video rolls. Not to spoil anything but suffice it to say that this video goes a long way to pay tribute to the labour of love that Gran Turismo 6 is.

I would personally like to see more emphasis on timings rather than just the gold trophy displayed as your personal record and yes the sounds are an issue as is the damage rendering. The catalogue of cars are impressive but a decent update is certainly on the cards.

Gran Turismo is it's own thing. Polyphony place emphasis on certain areas and leave others to the imagination. It's almost as if the team live in a bunker in Japan and their sole purpose is to make Gran Turismo with as little or no influence from any other game in the racing/driving genre.

We have been promised a year of DLC and support and GT7 has been hinted at as early as 2015.

The launch of a console is never an easy or straightforward thing and I for one was all for letting the dust settle and allow Sony plenty of time to work the bugs out of their latest behemoth before buying a PS4 myself. With GT6 being a PS3 exclusive this helped and GT7 may just be the bundled deal that comes with my upgrade to next gen. The future for Gran Turismo is looking great.
  48. Dec 11, 2013
    GT6 is the most complete chapter of the serie. Polyphony Digital did a great job to develop a real driving simulation with a lot of new features (gps, lobby online, various races, events) and new graphic engine with stunning visuals. The only bad points are: IA low at first part of Career (very good to the rest), B-Spec absent, social feature absent. A great masterpiece for every PS3 user.
  49. Dec 8, 2013
    GT 6 is much better than GT 5. It has a new face, has a better graphics, lots of improvements in physics more cool stuff to do, like Goodwood Festival and Coffee breaks and i think they made a good choice when decided to refuse of levels, stars are much better and friendly :D Game become much more interesting than ever.
    Why everyone crying about mini transactions? You want a super car
    ASAP? Then you can buy credits and buy a car! In FORZA 5 you're buying cars for 5 dollars each. IN GT 6 you can buy 5 cars for 5 dollars, not super cars, but very good like Nissan Skyline or Subaru Impreza or some Mitsubishi Lancer, which are very cool in my opinion.
    Why 9 out of 10? Because i wanted this game on PS 4 :D
  50. Dec 10, 2013
  51. Dec 13, 2013
    Fire up GT6 and the by the first corner you realise that this iteration has something special with the physics engine. As the car dips and moves under braking and steering through the first few corners you are left with an odd sensation even when playing with a controller that you can "feel" the car underneath you.

The in game graphics look superb when you consider this console has been
    around for some time now and that this will most likely be the last first party game made for this system, That's not to say it's perfect, the engine sounds on many of the immense vehicle roster will make any cringe as well as some arbitrary bugs and flaws rearing their heads (We'll come back to that later).

The menu system has been improved to something similar to what you may find on your mobile device, with easy to navigate windows and help text along the way, It's never been easier to purchase your favourite whip and hit the track on a GT game.

The first 2 race series, novice and "B" series are not overly difficult and 75% can be completed with the first car you buy (Fit RS 10') without modification this was a minor frustration however the Fit is a great little car that really showcases the games suspension and tyre physics.

Modification options are very similar to GT5, an array of vehicle tuning parts are available that improve both handling and power, again as with GT5 limited amounts of body customization are available for the "Premium" cars for new users this may be frustrating however to see if your car is of the premium mark when purchasing keep an eye out for the "Gallery View" function, if this is available for your selected ride you will have the full interior view and the car model will be superb. This cannot be said for many of the cars whom still suffer from the copy paste mentality they look abysmal however as the PD team has done work on many of these cars since GT5 the car models are improved overall.

In game car sounds as mentioned earlier range from the most awesome thing you may ever hear Honda HSV 010 race car, to sewing machine or vacuum cleaner noises modified WRX impreza?.
    This is quite disapointing when you compare GT6 with it's main competitor Forza where the exhaust note is well alot more accurate, GT6 has superb engine noise, but terrible exhaust note for most cars, the rumor mill is saying that this will be fixed in a future update, however 1200 cars sounds to be perfected might be a huge download and will it really be fixed? only time will tell.

there are a few features that were in previous GT series that have been omitted from GT6, B-spec is not included, neither are Endurance races This takes a little away from the series however is not a complete deal breaker.

Overall I do rate highly the driving and in game physics and although it is only to easy to beat the AI on many of the races using a much weaker car GT6 does provide a superb driving experience Online can be an absolute Joy and a real test of your mettle if the career mode is proving to simple.
  52. Dec 13, 2013
    this is what GT5 should have been. thats alll i want to say because i didnt like that much GT5 but GT6 is what GT5 should have been this is the real driving simulator.
  53. Dec 7, 2013
    I stepped to the GT6 from GT2, so I am very impress of the change. I give it a 10/10 because its a u like it or u don't, I don't think its better than forza both seems very fun to play.
  54. ATS
    Dec 8, 2013
    Gran Turismo 6 is the best Gran Turismo ever.Cars,tracks,gameplay,graphic,weather and time simulation-everything is amazing.If you love Gran Turismo you should buy it and don't listen to the people who says that Gran Turismo 6 is bad beause that's wrong.See you on tracks
  55. Dec 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Well, after playing GT5 for over 2 years everyday i well and truly got sick of it (great game just played it too much)
    After the bugs of GT5 i wasn't looking forward to GT6 as much as i normally would a GT game but OMG this game is good, no, its great!

Still standard cars and still poor sounds but everything else is much better.
    Faster loading, better laid out UI, more cars, more tracks and a different physics model.
    What a physics model it is! It is right up there with the best PC sims and is absolutely sublime.
    Every bump & camber can be seen and felt and the amount of grip comes through like its directly wired to your brain.
    It is by far the biggest change and makes GT5 feel like Ridge Racer!

AI have been reworked and whilst there is a certain amount of rubber banding they are fast, will try to overtake, don't randomly stop or dawdle around in a procession anymore, they even make mistakes and will give you a bump, its a bit like racing in an open lobby online and vastly improved.
    Coffee breaks & One make challenges are back, you can even drive on the moon!
    The Goodwood Festival of Speed is another highlight, think getting a car up that short hill is easy? Think again!
    1200 cars, 100 track variations and constant updates will keep you entertained for months if not years.
    Fantastic
  56. Dec 9, 2013
    it is the most accurate car sim on the market, if you live cars this is for you.
    it's a bit unfamiliar for new comers but when you get used to it you'll have a great time.
    and it's the only racing game which contains NASCAR, F1, Rally, all together.
  57. Dec 9, 2013
    I have both Forza 5 from the very 1st day and Gt6 from exactly the very own day, I have been a hardcore racing simulators player for more than 20 years and really I can not understand how people can even compare Gt6 with Forza 5. GT6 is absolutely SUPERIOR in every aspect, hand down the best racing game in the last years and that with a 7years old console...!!! And I repeat Ihave both consoles Xbox1 and Ps3. I can not imagine what work of art game will Gt7 be... Expand
  58. Jan 11, 2014
    I'am utterly confused why critics and users alike are giving this game 7's and even 6's! WTF? Ok it would of been better on PS4 or as a DLC to GT5 but this is the best driver of the year - better than Forza 5! And it may not be as genre defeing as GT5 or GT4, but it doesn't need to be. Despite that being very disappointing, they did the best they could with PS3. Lets face it, it won't be genre changing on PS3, but what they've done here is refined the brilliant formula of GT5, really giving us a taste of what's to come. These critics shouldn't be complaining about GT6 but looking forward to GT7 on PS4. Now lets talk about the gameplay. Handling and precision is at its max, bringing the series closest to realism it's ever been, making you feel like your really driving, espicialy in first person. Hell even the incredibly silly moon buggy sections are realistic, applying real moon physics. The graphics are decent and the multiplayer is a blast, dominating the game. In addition to this, there are 1200 cars!!!! ACE! What other game has that number of cars? I think that sums it up. Many people will say stick with GT5, but their wrong, this is defiantly worth your while. Expand
  59. Dec 11, 2013
    GT6 is beautiful, uses the maximal power of ps3 hardware, greater diversity of cars and race mode. The race physics it' s more realistic tham Gt5, however, has the same mistakes predecessors. Japanise mistakes.
  60. Dec 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this is the best sim race game for the moment better than Forza on XB1 nice gameplay nice gfx for ps3 .
    Is just like real driving .
    I have a PS4 and i play more on GT6 !
    Is a great game and i can tell you buy this from ps3 I love this GT6 is simple the best off the moment
  61. Dec 14, 2013
    This is by far the best racing game to come out for the PS3. I have been playing the Gran Turismo series for the past 10 years now, and this is not only has the best menus, but the cars, music, and tracks are the best by far. Racing has become much more competitive than in GT5 and now requires the cars that you drive to actually be reasonable for the race, no more driving a GTR against a Ford Ka. Many people have complained about the microtransactions but unless you actually look for them, you would never even know that it was an option. I have yet to feel that I need to pay to play. It seems like they implemented the system just for those who don't want to actually race to win credits. The difficulty progresses in a very pleasant manner, and I can actually feel and see how my driving is improving. I cannot dock points for the lack of damage modeling because the new suspension and tire modeling that they do creates a much more realistic feel. I have never spun out more in a racing game, you truly can tell the difference between 4wd, front wheel drive and rear wheel drive. By far the best GT game yet. I highly recommend it. Expand
  62. Dec 19, 2013
    This game is very good: the grafic is beautiful. The story is very wonderful!My vote is 9! Driving model further improved, even with the internal view A title that has "learned" from the mistakes of interface and balance of GT5 Many cars and mode, interesting career The machines, the lighting system, the variable weather, the day night cycle The damage is still too little influence on the outcome of the race

Please note that the AI ​​of the opponents is driven

The graphics engine alternative to other beautiful things much less
  63. Jan 12, 2014
    Perfect game. Never a dull moment playing it. :D The career mode has received a better structure, the physics are more realistic, the loading times are shorter. 95% of the time is spent racing. A huge number of cars to choose from each time you wanna buy a new car.
  64. Dec 8, 2013
    I approached this game with a mite trepidation, as three years ago I picked up GT5 with a sense of what should have been greatness, let down by a game that whilst was anything but terrible, certainly did not justify the wait, and destroyed the expectations of what should have been at least, for myself alone.

GT5 was, and still is, a massive heap of flaws and contradictions, with some
    of the legendary game in their somewhere, but only a small amount.

The good news then, is that GT6 is almost a return to greatness read:almost!! I feel that it still isn't that game we were promised after GT4, but I'll get to that in time.

Presentation: the menus are much easier to work-around this time, and are much better laid-out. Load times for races can be slightly long sometimes, and there is a one gig patch to install when taking the game online oh, and the sound is a major issue, but there's nothing that gets in the way of the gameplay too much.

Graphics: in few words, generally excellent. they're sharp, and dependent upon the options you choose, there can either be slight tearing or frame rate stutter, but the detail, and the lighting are awesome. The cars are wonderfully portrayed, and most of all, there's that classic GT sense of "sway" or "motion" when controlling the cars, that no other driving game quite has it adds weight to the action, and provides that extra sense of feedback to the controller.

Sound: happily, the overused jazzy tunes have gone and have made way for some guitar-led tracks, but unhappily the sounds of the cars in the game is really quite banal. I know that when you're in a car you wouldn't quite hear the engine as you'd want to at times (well, perhaps if you own a Shelby Cobra or Aston Martin!!), but hey, couldn't we have a little throaty roar? Quite disappointing really.

Gameplay: and now, this is the reason you should be playing this, or even contemplating picking it up from the shelves!! Its the same great driving you've always loved, albeit just improved with a few tweaks here and there. Perhaps the real beauty of the game is that Polyphony bless them, have realised that once the game engine was updated as much as it needed to be, then it should be left-alone completely, and the front-end and other gameplay options should be tended to. For example, the licenses now are over in minutes, and are only designed to push your driving skills to the point needed that's it. No more endless dirges of multiple sections to pass!! Another thing that must be added, is that for the first time (since GT3 certainly), there's a sense of something else in the game fun. It makes you want to play it, and the cold and sterile approach of GT4 has largely gone (I know it was something that GT5 tried to and failed).

Overall: Gran Turismo 6 (to give it its full name) is a lot of fun, and even if now its as fashionable as a pair of blue denim jeans, and even if its staid old traditions are somewhat harsh to some, then its all the better for them. A really good enduring, welcome back to the past.
  65. Dec 20, 2013
    best driving game ever created in the history of the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  66. Dec 23, 2013
    I can finally enjoy Gran Turismo. GT6 is FOCUSED. I love the physics...I love the graphics...I love the sound of certain cars....I love this game. The body roll is incredible and the way the car reacts is so damn realistic. So many cars and tracks you don't know which one to choose. The new updates only make it better and better. This is the result of real passion for cars. 10/10
  67. Dec 9, 2013
    Im playing grand turismo 6 more than 10 hours this game has improved in every aspect better physics better handling, and better graphic it is the best gt so far, this is what gt5 should be, so many cars, huge amount of tracks. IEVery fan of gt saga should have this game
  68. Dec 9, 2013
    The handling model is what this game is all about. It's unbelievably accurate. The new tracks are great additions. It's the greatest racing sim for car nuts. Some niggling little tedious menu bits, and the super expensive cars are a bit out of reach without buying credits. Overall though, it's great. If you're looking for Mario Kart though, pick up Mario Kart.
  69. Dec 20, 2013
    GT6 best racing game in consoles 2013 year. This Is Game best!!!!!!! And Good Graphics, Good Soundtrack, but unfortunately does not have a 3D mode. Best Exclusive for PS3
  70. Dec 20, 2013
    This game sucks when it comes to crashing. I mean that aspect of the game is so flawed. Other than the out dated modeled cars can't really find anything else to complain about?
  71. Dec 26, 2013
    Looks great but the controls are terrible. Had to change almost everything to make it playable. Every vehicle I tried handled like I was driving a school bus while drunk. Sounds were about on par with PS1. The menu system was also needlessly convoluted. This is a terrible showing next to games like Forza 3 and that game is several years old.
  72. Jan 12, 2014
    This game is far way better than Gran Turismo 5. The new physics engine is good even the tire system!
    I tried to compare the two but what the heck. The 6th just blew Gran Turismo 5. This is a must have for a beginner in racing games. :)
  73. Dec 30, 2013
    Bought this game the second i found it was out. Game is improved version of GT5, but that does not slow it down. Positive changes: You don't get stuck into loading screen all the time, multiplayer features much better, easy to look for top dog's track replays and "career" mode is much better this time around. Chasing gold medals pumps up difficulty.

The biggest negative aspect of the
    game is still opponent AI drivers. They drive like crack heads and only time you see them trying to clean pass you is on a long straight. Otherwise they just pump you out of the road, hit you etc etc.

If you have good wheel & Pedal combination. This game is must buy.
  74. Dec 27, 2013
    Just received Gran Turismo 6. So far am very disappointed.
    Graphically identical to GT5, and still tons of non-premium graphic cars.
    No 3D support despite GT5 having 3D support...
    Chucked straight into races with no ability to change controls, so stuck using X instead of trigger to accelerate...

Really regretting buying this.
  75. Jan 26, 2014
    I used to play every Gt game since GT1 and every time Polyphony do its best to deliver the best game quality and experience and its not a exception with GT6 , great graphics new music tracks , the original Menu music any GT fan will love it instantly , BUT BUT BUT , i dont know if im a good driver or what bcz i play in professional mode i mean assistance at all , MT ... and seems like u can finish the race without going out track , hope its not scripted too bcz Simulation # scripting . Expand
  76. Dec 8, 2013
    Another fine instalment of the Gran Turismo (GT) franchise that rights many of the wrongs that plagued GT5. Better UI, far more polished standard models and a more linear career mode that brings back the classic licence tests in a briefer form are amongst the most notable changes. To the majority who played GT4 this briefness is probably a good thing as they did tend to drag on but were sorely missed in GT5. The main gripes with this game are those which have dogged all GT games. First and foremost is the lack of meaningful damage, crash into a wall at 400km/h and just pop it in reverse gear and your off again without consequence. For a game that claims to be the real driving simulator bad driving should be punished. Secondly, the cars still sound soulless and dreary, jump into a Pagani Zonda or a Lamborghini Murcielago and they sound muted and lack the visceral, or even unique characteristics the real cars so obviously have.

It should be noted that the GT series is almost peerless in console gaming when it comes to updates. On the board for just GT6 is a new track creator that utilises GPS data to recreate tracks elevation and scale. IF this eventuates then the score for the game is certainly 8. If the gripes mentioned above were coupled with this update then we would have the perfect console racing simulator.
  77. Dec 9, 2013
    This is more than a "$60 DLC addition to GT5." The physics/aerodynamics/tire/suspension models and lighting system is out of this world. 120 new cars, 7 great tracks, and PD is known for giving out a bunch of free stuff. I have to give it an 8 for now, as key features aren't available in the game yet... but other than that, it is 2nd to none in terms of a console simulator.
  78. Jan 27, 2014
    Nice Car game. They got a lot of cars to choose, way more than Forza on Xbox. It's probably the best driving simulator you can find on the market, but it missing a little something to make the game even more fun.
  79. Dec 28, 2013
    Gran Turismo 6 is definitely a lot better than GT5, in every single aspect. So many new cars and tracks...now it's so easy to select which one you want. Kazunori Yamauchi is humble and deserves all the attention for his series.
  80. Jan 11, 2014
    It's better than GT5 but not enough to be the best racing game in consoles.
    BTW I love GT6 because it's an absolutely driving game with not bad graphics.
  81. Jan 17, 2014
    Great game! Huge improvement over gt5. Still the gold standard for racing games on consoles. Will be waiting to see what project cars brings!

Matt
  82. Jan 18, 2014
    Gran Turismo 6 is in no way perfect, but for a racing game it comes relatively close. The new menu interface is sleek and efficient no longer do you have to go to your garage menu to change your car. Now you can do change your car from almost any menu in the game, even from inside the tuning shop, which cuts down on loading times. The graphics are as well done as in GT5 and the physics engine has been improved slightly as well. The number of cars and tracks is vast and diverse like the last game. While the music is still awful, it wasn't a huge problem for me because I had a laptop with Pandora going whenever I was playing. The new race system makes the game a lot easier for beginners, even though you have no choice on your first car. There really aren't any Micro-Transactions unless you go looking for them. All in all it's a great racing game that can only be improved on the PS4. Expand
  83. Feb 11, 2014
    Been playing this turd for about twenty hours and I'm wondering when does the racing start? All I've been doing is chasing cars around the track on crappy tires. Boring. Many cars, many tracks, zero fun. Go back to Gran Turismo 3 and start over. In what racing world is it always rolling start, always in last place? I've played EVERY Gran Turismo and this one is by far the least fun. I thought GT5 was bad, but I'm NEVER wasting my time or money on another GT game like this again. Expand
  84. Feb 19, 2014
    Biggest disappointment of the GT series and a blatant move to ripping the users off with in game purchases of game money. The seasonal events that were good sources of income to buy your dream car are now all time trials so one off rewards and not that good. GT6 top prizes £250K vs GT5 prizes of £1M. I find "free" apps annoying enough when you can't get anywhere without having to buy a pack of something, but when you have paid £50+ for a game you don't expect the developer to be pulling the same stunts, especially when there is nothing new or innovative in this version and it doesn't even run on a PS4 so the improved graphics don't really shine.

We were left hanging for the full release of GT with the prologue release keeping us hooked and the wait was worthwhile. I never left my racing seat for month when it came out. GT6 has barely been touched. I've kept my PS3 specifically for GT6 so I guess it will now be going on Ebay to pay for the PS4 games.
  85. Feb 1, 2014
    If you're looking for a racing game, simply buy this. Graphics are stunning for what PS3 can do (although some old cars ported from previous GT editions look very bad at close distances), almost 1080 p at 60fps.
    But most important is the game play. The physics of the cars are simply awesome, and you'll enjoy the game even without an steering wheel. All you have to do to start a race and
    configure your car is now fast, easy and polished, and there is an amazing amount of circuits (with a course editor incoming in a few weeks). The support of the community and of Polyphony Digital is high and increases every week, giving us free updates with more content, cars, money bonuses, online tournaments...
    In the bad side, the UI is not very good, but you can more or less fix it in the menu putting it in 'aggressive' (they'll go very aggressive, even crashing you to overtake). Surprisingly the UI behaves awesomely realistic when you race only 1 car of the machine in certain races of the career mode. Also, the sounds of the cars lack in deep and sometimes is like hearing a vacuum cleaner (sometimes this is not bad because real cars sound similar...)
  86. Jan 10, 2014
    Jogo muito ruim...nunca vi nada tão escroto, ainda parece playstation 2 .
    Jogo nunca melhora em nada, fisica zoada...não sei pq esse game ainda existe!
  87. Jul 3, 2014
    Gran Turismo 6 is more like an upgrade of Gran Turismo 5 rather than a new game. I made this review after playing more than thirthy hours. Some things have been improved, others have turned out to be worse. Things that have been improved are graphics in overall, there is a new UI (not per se better than before) and the handling of the cars feels better with a steering wheel with gas/acceleration pedals. There some new things, such as Vision GT, in which real car manufacturers design concept cars which you can drive in the game. There some new events, such driving on the moon, coffee breaks and the Goodwood Festival of Speed. There a lot more tracks and older ones are looking better. There are 1200 cars, but only 300-400 are detailed and you there are like 30 Mazda Miata's with little to no difference in between them. But this compensated by the fact you have a few more options of changing the exterior of a car. There a quite lot of things which are worse than before. You can buy credits with real cash, but you need like 150 euro's to buy one car which cost 20 million credits, if you buy 7million credits for 50 euro's. Otherwise, its much more expensive. B-Spec, in which you are team manager leading a race with driver AI's, has been removed. Although the feature wasn't fantastic, it offered variation and way to earn credits while doing something else. The online events are now only drifting events and time attacks and the reward in credits have been severely reduced, probably to persuade you to buy credits with real credits. The carreer mode is quite blant, most races you have a rolling start and you must drive from the back of the pack to pole position within 2-5 laps, with only a few night races, fewer rally events and some coffee breaks. There are also some issues which shouldn't be in a racing game / driving simulator, such as: The AI drivers are too easy and there is no way to increase difficulty, expect by choosing a car which performs worse. You can be much faster than the AI in the same car. The headlights and tail lights don't function well in while driving in the dark, you can barely see the road ahead, and the rear of the cars are dark while driving 0-10m behind them. Headlights of the car behind you are barely visible. Crashing does not affect the performance of your car, you only lose some time. The cars don't sound like real cars or like the car in real life. They are also quite awful to listen at and sometimes you can't hear when you need to change gear. In cockpit view, you are sometimes blinded by the sun and forced to change your viewing point. Some interiors, especially of some new cars, are a lot darker than they should be. In overall, this game gets 4 from me and I recommend you to buy it when it's cheap, or when they release a version with all dlc added to it, but that should take a some time. Expand
  88. Dec 9, 2013
    More like GT 5.1, this is another serious disapointment of this great franchise! Poliphony Digital needs to sit down, give up his pride away, and learn and take notes from other rivais, like Forza Motorsports. It is no shame or bad, in order to improve all must see and learn the good things from the others! It is the basic rule of evolution! GT6 is exactly the same, nothing has changed over this LONG years. - Same horrible sound (like screwdrivers or digital hair dryers) all cars sounds pretty mutch the same, and all car lovers know damn well that is not the really of the case. It´s one of the most crucial and appealing things in the motorsports world. And Poliphony is lying to all the fans when they say that it is going to be correctetd with a day one Patch upgrade... FALSE!!! LIES!! - There are stunning graphics on games even on the PS3, and GT is just BASIC! Horrible and pointy shades, blur, and slowdowns. - 1200 oe more cars? Are you calling me stupid? 1200 Skins?! 6 or 7 Honda S2000 when 2 does exactly the same point?! 99.9% OF THE PEOPLE ONLY USE THE FINAL AND BEST ONE!!!!!!!!!!! Cars that are completly useless on a racing games... WHAT THE F**** FOR?? So in order to maintain this 1200 nonsense you have SKINS, JUST SKINS that are the Standard Models!! Quality over quantity POLIPHONY, in Forza Motorsports you have a mode that you can get INTO THE CAR AND OPEN THE BONNET TO SEE THE AMAZING ENGINE BAY!! LEARN!! Just one more thing.. Tons and Tons of CONCEPT CARS?! Cars that where never actually made and tested, never got out of the clay and wood module, and POLIPHONY DIGITAL and a true and "the real simulation driver" can IMAGINE AND SUPOSE how the car, exactly performes.... this is pathetic... and insulting! - Driver Licences?! AGAIN!? 50 minutes to have a pretty decent car?! WTF!!! Quality over Quantity!! - Costumizations....I have my own FD and FC and I can go to a track day with my Custom job in it!!! EVOLVE!! - AND OF COURSE....DAMAGE!!! DAMAGE PEOPLE!!!! STOP THIS REWARDING THE INSANE DRIVE POLICY!!! A CAR CAN AND WILL BREAK!!! The engane will blow out! A tire will Explode, a bumber if TOUCH not banged will break..it fiber GLASS!!! It is simply too mutch, there were already too many years since ALL GAMES Arcade of simulation that had improved the damage sistem pretty solidly...but NOT POLIPHONY DIGITAL! In adiction to this amazing package, is that GT6 has LOST options or funcions, like Course Maker and B-Spec ... Why take things of instead the opposite?! - Moon Buggy?!..... !?!.. There is so mutch to do and areas of improvement, like online: Ex. Why not make Co-Op or Switch of with friends (online) on Endurance Races? Like on Le Mans Drivers do?! So mutch to improve, and almost nothing to show.. NOTE: Make no mistake, GT6 is the best simulation car Franchise on PS...and it is the only one.. Your are stuck in time!! EVOLVE!! Like many many great Jap Franchises and companies, they all where surpassed by the Europian, American and British game makers because of the same fact......EVOLUTION!!! EVOLVE!! SWALLOW YOU GOD THAM JAPANESE PRIDE!!!! JAPs Stuck in time (ONCE WHERE KINGS): - K.O.F. - F.F. - P.E.S. - CAPCOM - D. M. C. - Sillent Hill - Resident Evil - Tekken - KONAMI had Better and Brighter days (exept for now MGS) - Nintendo!!! All mighty.. - and a legion more of JAPs that failed to Evolve POLIPHONY.....EVOLVE FAST!!! Don´t let your fans down and make patches updates and correct this game fast...don't let us down! Again. Or I or WE will Buy an Xbox and play the ever evolving Forza Motorsports!! Expand
  89. Dec 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. GT6 is the best racing game by far this game is so realistic it actually looks like your driving in person thats how good the game is it has improved a lot since the last copy GT5 which was also really good but this is way better the cars look ike the real ones which we drive in our country it must have took a awful lot of time to make this game and it has paid off as it is the most amazing racing game by far and it gives a tough competition to FORZA which is on the xbox and is also a racing game bu personally i think GT6 is the most realistic and best first player racing game by far to give you a challenge you could play online to give all the people a tough competition .So i recommend you to buy this game!. Expand
  90. Jan 2, 2014
    Let's start with positive aspects: New cars and tracks are always a plus. This includes some fictional cars designed by Polyphony and real-world manufacturers. Also, previously pre-order only cars from GT5 are also here. The garage now includes a stockyard for cars you don't intend to use, so it's easier to avoid changing into a car you keep as a collector's item. Customisation is slightly enhanced; you can buy racing brakes and skip stages in engine tuning and weight reduction, among others. There's a greater selection of rims and aerodynamic parts, if you choose to alter the look of your ride. You can buy any of the cars from the new dealership in any colour available with no mileage, meaning you don't have to wait hundreds of in-game days for one you need in the used car lot (Though, retaining the used car lot may have been useful in obtaining a car cheaper, but with previous mileage). Some of the cars are also cheaper than in 5. There is now visible statistic tracking (If there were any in 5, I never found them). Paint chips have returned but are now infinite-use; you just need to pay use them. If this is your kind of thing, you can also buy racing suits and helmets to customise your driver. Loads times are significantly shorter and your cursor freezing while it loads is almost gone. You can choose what colour you get whenever you win a car. Leveling up is gone completely; now you just have to complete races to advance in career mode. Better than 5 overall.
    Neutral aspects your mileage may vary: Downforce no longer affects Performance Points (PP). There is now nitro injection you can install to boost acceleration, though mostly not needed. Microtransactions are in effect, but they are unneeded if you play the game often; they're only for buying credits.
    Mildly annoying aspects: Remember how after winning each group if races, get get a reward car? Well, now it's reduced to getting one whenever you finish half or one of the sections (b, a, ib, etc.). They don't even tell you what reward to expect, aside from credits. Paint chips are harder to come by; you don't get any with the login bonus anymore. The "default" button on some of the tuning parts is gone completely, meaning if you messed up a tune, you can't reset it. They only tell you three of the "typical opponents" in each race, giving you less of an idea what to expect. They don't even tell you what PP they're set at, but instead the make (because THAT'S useful information)! Credit rewards in career mode still low; the cars they make you buy (plus any tuning) often cost more than what you win in total for the specific races you use them in. Tuning parts have increased in price. All this designed probably to encourage aforementioned microtransactions. Whereas in Gran Turismo 5 had everything available (to view) from the beginning (albeit unlocked), here, you must pass licence tests to unlock new races and modes. Also, more tire screeches can get tiresome. They tell you what car to buy first.
    Terrible aspects that should revoke your programming licence: You're not allowed to view or tune a car you are not currently using, meaning that in order to even look at one of your cars, you must change it to be your current one. Your headlights are as useful as a candle. On some tracks they work nicely, but on others, the fact that they're on changes visibility by zero. NASCAR and kart races should NOT have been in this game. At all. The primary problem with these is that you must use a car on equal power to your opponents, which is fine. But that means since you start at the rear of the pack, it's too hard to catch up and maintain the lead with the limited laps given. Also, PP and tire limits in career races? With a 70% power limit in NASCAR. Why!?
    My top three grievances (in no particular order): 1) The times you are expected to finish in the time trials are ridiculous. The earlier ones are pretty lenient, but there are some that are impossible unless you do everything pixel perfectly. This is exacerbated by the mission races that have opponents on the track that do nothing but serve as obstacles on the narrowest parts of the road. 2) The AI They cheat. A lot. They almost never spin out, but they can use the PIT manouevre on you all they want, which is extremely prevalent in NASCAR races. If you rear-end them, you get a penalty (disqualified in time trials or reduced speed in S races). But they rear-end you? YOU spin out and THEY go on their merry way. Or YOU get a penalty for THEIR crummy driving. Or both. Also, why are there shortcut penalties in career? In online games, I understand, but who the hell cares if a shortcut is taken against cheating AIs!? 3) The physics Pressing left on my control stick should NOT make the car go right and vice versa (no, it's not a problem with my controller). Or straight. Cars 100 cm tall should NOT flip over when they hit bump on the road 2.5 cm high. Cars should NOT be magnetically attracted to grass/dirt and walls.
  91. Apr 27, 2014
    Gran Turismo 6 is without a doubt the best racing simulator of this current generation of games. The car handling has improved dramatically in comparison to GT 5, cars no longer randomly skid out of control and the drifting is so much more realistic. Its stunning graphics make it look like a PS4 game. The selection of cars has increased to massive size giving players a more diverse selection of vehicles. Some may claim that Forza is the better simulator but the truth is comparing Forza to this is like comparing Rebecca Black to The Beatles. Expand
  92. Feb 11, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Gran Turismo 6 is a great driving simulator. However, it isn't a great game. Depending on what you want to get out of the game, you'll either really enjoy it or get really bored. Personally I love doing time trials, so I've managed to get a lot out of GT6, but I really didn't enjoy the career mode. The races are too easy, even with a car significantly below the performance point limit for each race. Rolling starts in all but kart races really spoil the competitive aspect of the game as AI opponents are significantly worse than yourself (unless you're a terrible driver!).

The handling characteristics are unlike any other racing game I've played. The realism is definitely there, and the way the cars lean into corners and shift their weight during acceleration looks and feels great. In the cockpit view it feels like you're really driving the real life version of the in-game car. It's such a shame then that there are still about 700-800 'standard' cars still in the game - cars that I have no intention of driving as it detracts from the overall experience. A lot of these 'standard' cars are duplicate cars - for each 'standard' MX-5 there is also a Eunos and Miata variant, these are essentially the same cars duplicated three times. This also happens with the Vauxhall Corsa Comfort as the Opel version is exactly the same. The point I'm making is I'd rather see just the premium cars in the game. The space taken up by the 800 standard cars could have given way for an extra fifty premium models.

The Seasonal Events are generally better than in GT5, and are more like Rivals mode in Forza Motorsport. However, there are two or three events that require a 15th Anniversary car, which means everybody with the regular edition of the game cannot participate in these events. This annoyed me, as I like to complete every event just for personal gratification. The online lobby is a huge improvement, kudos to Polyphony for making GT6 enjoyable to play over the interweb.

By far and away the most disappointing aspect of this game though is the fact it didn't come out on PS4. This game could have fulfilled its potential by being released on the right console. As it goes, loading times are too long and some tracks look PS2-esque. On the PS4 and with no ported-from-PS2 car models, the game could have been a genuine contender to Forza Motorsport 5, and it would almost certainly have resulted in better sales figures.

As a game then, GT6 is bang average. Only the amazing driving physics and the competitive nature of the Seasonal Events make this same somewhat decent.
  93. Feb 27, 2014
    top graphics,high-end music,top gameplay,faster load times,more contents,simply better than froza 4 & 5. i got to say the first try was a "easy step" for me.
  94. Mar 10, 2014
    j'aime pas ce jeu car j'ai une xbox one donc je vais descendre la note sachant que je l'ai testé 2 fois 10 minutes, vu que moins de gens ont la one forcement forza c'est fais descendre sur des critiques. Ai-je raison?
  95. Mar 29, 2014
    Although I do enjoy the game, there is much room for improvement.
    I've enjoyed the Gran Turismo games from the days of the original, but it seems that the producers are paying too much attention to the graphics as opposed to game play. Granted, this game looks phenomenal, but there are a few areas that need improvement.
    In the original, you could make qualifying runs and fight for the
    pole position. Now, you're stuck toward the back and fighting to move up in (more often than not) very short races.
    Although there are a few races where you begin at a standing start, rolling starts are the norm here. Nice if you prefer it, not so much if you don't. Maybe they should put in an option as to what you like.
    While there are a multitude of cars to buy, a good deal of them are 'tuned' by the Gran Turismo producers, and you can't modify them in any way.
    My last gripe has to do with the way the AI behaves. Whoever coded these drivers must be a sadist. The other drivers continually move in front of you or push you through corners. It's like they don't know that you're on the track with them. Try to pass, and they sit dead center of a narrow piece of road. Pass them and slow down for a tight turn, and they perform a pit maneuver on you. They also seem stuck to the track even when you're in a race where you're required to use hard compound tires...slipping and sliding as if you were on ice...THEY zip through hairpin turns like a slot car.
    Yeah, as I said; it IS a good game, and I spend many hours playing it, but in my opinion, it could be much better.
  96. Apr 25, 2014
    Gran Turismo has one of the best graphics. Many things you can do. Over 1000 cars. Recommended for people who love racing, drifting and lots of things. So fun. It's da best. >.< Customization are so fun to do.
  97. Apr 17, 2014
    Somehow better and somehow worse than GT5.
    The cars handle better, but there's no B-spec mode.
    The designers are a-holes though...why force me to use racing hard tyres in a bloody wet weather race? Game devs must really hate their job to pour so much hate our way.
    Thankfully the microtransactions are not in-yer-face.
    Roll on GT7.
  98. Dec 8, 2013
    i bought the game on release day but only found time to play it in the last couple of days. i think i have enough to go on... so here is my take on it.
    first of all, i played GT5 a lot. i got to level 40 in a-spec and b-spec, owned every car, got back to it once i bought my G27 wheel and thoroughly enjoyed it. however GT6 is GT5. there is about 20% new content: same 8-9 hundred miatas
    and skylines from the previous release (which in turn had about 80% of its cars from GT4). 3 years later, it looks and feels exactly the same, for better or worse. the GT series feels stale and dated, and after having played more serious sims, it doesn't even compare as far as realism and physics are concerned. its definitely not 'the real driving simulator' but more like 'the real marketing simulator'. boasting about 1200 cars has gotten really tired and various iterations of the same track won't really fool veterans of the franchise. i think kazunori yamauchi sold out a long time ago since sony's marketing dept. is dictating the direction of the franchise... and its failing to innovate or even capture the essence of racing.
    i have yet to try the game w/ my G27, but i hope they fixed the degrees of rotation and steering lock when passing the wheel through centre.
    it just feels really, really stale... and is gonna feel even more stale if it ever comes out on PS4. its time for PD/kaz to stop resting on their laurels and actually reinvent this franchise before it falls victim to more self-important marketers.
  99. Jul 6, 2014
    3 years...waiting and these changes to this kind of game...WHY? New graphics, 100+ cars, more tracks but still the same game as GT5. Disappointment. I expected more for this game. Still btw it's not bad game(it's a still excellnt game) but it still 7/10
  100. Apr 25, 2014
    To put it short, compared to GT5 this is much better but it is still let down by some niggles Polyphonic Digital should have phased out ages ago. If you're a GT fan, then you won't be disappointed (much). The physics have been much improved over GT5, you can easily tell a front wheel drive from a rear wheel drive, rear wheel drive cars are playful now and are controllable rather than the classic GT spin of doom - overall physics have matured although frustratingly GT5 should have already been at that stage.

The niggles come down to Gran Turismo not challenging it's own status quo - most races are rolling starts which in reality means you're doing time trials with traffic most of the time and very annoying traffic at that. You get no sense of realism as soon as they hit simply because they cannot break a static racing line, brake randomly when not needed and seem to slow down for you if you've made a mistake. Generally then, it's easy as usual.

The other fustration is the severe lack of races that actually use tyre wear, pit stops, fuel usage. damage etc. What is the point in putting these features in if you only make use of them occasionally? I really hope the first GT to come out on the PS4 finally incorporates all of these feedback from many fans otherwise it will just be an aging franchise - not one that pushed the console racing boundary of the later years.

Online is fairly poor too. You can get in races no problem but the experience and incentives to play this game online are really lacking.

Despite all of this though I have give it an 8 because I love racing sims and this is hands down the best of them all that so far I have played on a console - features as mentioned above would have made it a 9 maybe a 10, but Gran Turismo has a lot to answer for so I am being harsh in the hope PD will listen.
  101. Dec 9, 2013
    improved.
    The adrenaline pumping tunes can be somewhat lacking but it still works.

1. Mar 4, 2014
    In some ways GT6 feels like a robust expansion pack, but there are enough general improvements and additions that you'll find this release makes GT5 obsolete. A fine return to form at the tail end of the generation.
  2. Without a doubt the best GT in the series thus far, but held back by aging game design and time-delayed DLC features. [January 2014, p70]
  3. Feb 13, 2014
    Gran Turismo 6 continues the familiar path, not taking any risks but delivering solid, fun driving experience. Standard cars still really need a major update though. [Jan 2014]