8.2

1. Sep 18, 2013
    When I first put gta5 in my ps3, expectations where high. I can say that GTA is one of those games that has always been better than the sum of all its parts...and man, there are MANY of these parts in this one. You can literally spend hundreds of hours outside of the main mission.

Having 3 main characters is awsome and the gameplay elements that this brings to the game is
    groundbreaking. Be ready for exeptionals on the edge of you'd seat missions. It is also great that the objectives are varied and range from simple 3 minutes walk to elaborate heist set up.

Controls are a bit clumsy, as usual, but the shooting and cover mechanics are greatly improved over gta4. Think red dead redemption. Thank god they fixed the check point system so we don't have to make the same 10 miles drive over and over again. There is even an option to skips a mission if you find it to hard. Its a great option for the casual gamers, preventing someone to be stuck for hours and eventually give up on the game.

In the graphics department, this game pushes the ps3 to its limits. Some other titles are prettier but don't have the sheer size of GTA. Fly a plane over Los Santos a night and you will realize that this game is in a class of its own.

A must buy for every gamer. Its not a perfect game but its damn close. The most bang for your buck this generation.
  2. Sep 23, 2013
    If GTA5 was an interactive screensaver I would give it a 10/10. However it's supposed to be a game.
    On one hand Dan Houser is quoted as saying that Rockstar North is committed to being true to themselves. On the other hand Dan is quoted as saying that they are making the games easier to control to expand their audience. I've always been a huge gta fan because the games have been fun and
    infinitely replayable. GTA5 is not fun. GTA5 is not replayable. 1 star wanted level for swearing at someone. Arcade vehicle physics a gorilla could master in 10 minutes. Cars that fall apart by just driving over gutters. The l1 camera is atrocious. Why does it pop out 2 metres from the car when driving in car. Am I expected to aim with this garbage? The bullets always hit the roof of the car in front of you and not the driver. It's like zero thought was put into the gameplay quality of the game, and sacrifices were made simply to make it more cinematic. I don't care if I can see the characters in the car when looking backwards. If i'm looking backwards I want to see what's behind me, not the inside of the car. The missions are too controlling and often that results in mission failure for strange reasons. Some missions hold your hand every step of the way and tell you what to do, while others have little or no information besides "stand on the yellow dot". Anyone giving this game a 10/10 is delusional in the extreme, or is not very good at most modern games. GTA5 should have been released for $2.99 on a tablet, and not full price on a console. There should be two main settings in every game. One for the people who know absolutely nothing and are happy to press one button at a time (the current state of GTA5), and one for the hardcore crowd who want a fully functional sandbox to play around in. R.I.P GTA. Expand
  3. Oct 1, 2013
    I must revise my original 10/10 review, sadly. On October 1, 2013, Rockstart unveiled the online component of GTA5, and it is nothing more than a microtransaction rip-off scheme, just like so many other promising but ruined games of this era. What may have been the best game ever made, reveals itself to be nothing more than a pay-to-not-be-terribly-inconvenienced scheme designed to frustrate the player into shortcutting a horrible and boring grind in favor of buying your way to in-game success. The game gives you a choice: Boring, repetitive grind for in-game cash....or just buy your way to "fun" with your real money. This explains the incredibly high prices of in-game stuff....and the difficult time you have earning money. It is designed to be too boring to play without spending on microtransactions. And why not, from a corporate perspective? The customer pays once...then again and again! Brilliant, if you're an accountant. Terrible if you are a fan of full, complete, and immersive gaming experiences. The single player campaign is fun though. GTA 5 just has zero replay value now, unless microtransactions are removed. Expand
  4. czg
    Sep 20, 2013
    This is a first impression review. I try to remain balanced, but hell, why shouldn't I just went it?...

In all honesty, I think this game is, well, a rather misplaced, overblown piece.
    I have played with GTA3, Vice City, GTA4, TBOGT, and I wonder: where is the writer who the characters of those games? Because the ones in this game are clearly inferior even to the mute protagonist of
    the good ol' 3.
    The humourless figures of Michael and Franklin are even more aggravated by the retarded brutishness of Trevor. IT IS NOT FUN to play a psycho, who is just, well, a psycho.

Then there are the controls and the difficulty curve. I am not a pro gamer, though neither a casual one. Simply, when I play a game I like to relax. However, in GTA5 you need constant retries to finish a mission from the beginning of the game. On Easy difficulty. I know, I'm lame, but y'see, there are people who play games for relaxation, as they have other things to do during their day. The game's difficulty curve is choppy, too.

And finally, that comes from the most expensive game ever?! Wow. It seems to me that the testers had to be all hardcore and most importantly, retarded GTA fans. It seems they and the production team have became so self-obsessed that no one considered that the game may need more, much more depth, and with an 18 y.o. PEGI rating it has to appeal to the adult gamers and not just to desensitised teens.

But, since I am also a film and 'story' fan, let me rant a bit more about the characters...
    The choice of playing three characters is a brave new innovation, so there's no mistake there. But they are kind of lacking... why? Well, Michael is the only one who you can consider balanced. Franklin could be okay, but his secondary buddies seem, again, simply retarded. Why would a smart kid like he continue to run with the ragged bunch of Lamar and the other retards? But all right, the two of them are just slightly inconsistent.
    However Trevor and his acquaintances are not. Trevor is a shallow bully, who only likes to hurt people, abuses all of his 'friends', who are, guess what, also poor, backwards and retarded people... Well, nice. Like we don't meet them in everyday life. The problem here is that since Trevor is an actual depiction of a real life thug (no empathy, selfish, deceitful, violent), his victims are really victims, and this offers no escape from reality and thus I feel inclined to turn off the console. Heck, if you watch Joe Pesci's psycho characters in Goodfellas and Casino, at least they get capped after 2 hours. But here, I am supposed to stick with a guy like that? For a 100 hours?! No, thanks.

Finally, a closing accord about, yes, women. I am no big feminist, but still, female characters are supposed to be better developed. Even in a game that 'embraces the thug masculinity', which is utter marketing BS anyway. Even if they are only on the supporting cast, they need to be more than what is in the game.

The visual execution is good, in times even flabbergasting, but there are serious problems with the game's spine or rather with its soul.
  5. Oct 17, 2013
    Most depressing game I've ever played. I had high hopes for the game after all the hype. The magazines etc must be kidding us! They have obviously just gone along with public opinion with their biased 'best game ever', and 'groundbreaking' reviews. I've seen better graphics, better gameplay, storylines etc elsewhere. This GTA thing has been done to death now...Drive around, shoot someone, steal some money, goto a clothes shop, buy a burger, swim around, use the cheats....Nee naw nee naw, some (as the game puts it) swearing non stop YAAAAWWWWNNNNN....They just promote it to make money ...One big cash in. The game is rubbish!
    Ok so the latest GTA game, number 5... First off, EVERYTHING you do in this game takes AGES. This is very clearly a game for people with no life whatsoever. Installing the game takes ages, you will spend hours trying to be able to save the game because it throws you into one boring mission after another (which entails driving around a massive landscape that all looks the same in a boring car (which all steer the same)). You complete the mission which goes on and on with endless chit chat and a (as the game puts it), saying 'pus£y as£ motha£u£in homeboy hoe' and 'move chor bi$ch as% fatherfu&ker homey' and 'whut id it wit choo (and such things non-stop throughout the game). It will do your head in that much you would rather the main characters got killed instead. Just a bunch of idiot main characters with nothing about them to like. You will murder, steal etc and all the time not give a toss about the person you are playing as...Just pointless. The game is racist, sexist, full of filth, corruption and murder. It's seedy and depressing. It's not a true representation of real life at all. When have you ever heard a rea; 'coloured' guy talk like these idiots they dig out for games and movies? It's like having Samuel Sackson in die hard 3 and an angry coked-up Eggie Murphy shouting in your ear for hours on end... And again it's been done and been done better before. We had all this nonsense in San Andreas with 'CJ'. 'Hey dat man chillin in ma crib homey' stupid talking rubbish. Again; It's impossible to relate to the characters because they are rapists, idiots, thieves and murderers (and worse)...Just scum. The radio drives you off your head and how anyone with an actual real life can play this game I will never know....I mean it's so unnecessarly detailed you can even choose the ringtone on your fake phone in the game or take photos with the phones camera, check texts, messages online etc. It's just too much for a game. Fake girlfriends, fake friends etc etc. Wtf? Get a life folks! The strip club is a joke. I mean if they are going to have all that stuff why not just go the full hog and put in detailed sex etc instead of beating around the bush with a bit of tittie here and there? The game is just a cop out. It can't even do the violence and sex thing right without shi&&ing out. As I said, EVERYTHING takes ages in this game. I went to play it online thinking "I've got an hour to kill (before i went out to live in the real world"...But It went on and on and on with some coloured guy showing me around (another idiot) saying this, that, sh^& hoe bit&hin motha&^ka that for hours again, only to drop me somewhere in the world with more criminal activity to do as I controlled another lowlife (myself this time which i created with the character creation which is also totally rubbish (you pick your granny and grandad and their granny and grandad to get your looks). I played the game for a few hours (which was pretty good going) and after all the drugs, violence and utter boredom I was begging someone to take me into the shops to trade the (sh%t) game in...I couldn't wait! The main characters are cowards too which makes it even more unbearable and when angry go into little girlie hissy fits etc...They reminded me of wanabees on x factor getting told they can't sing and then they go all spotty and teenage and display their little temper tantrums....Just pathetic. I usually buy these games to drive around the virtual world with my steering wheel. On this game the wheel doesnt work (it works with every other car game). Nothing of use actually works in this game. Even the cheats are rubbish. No lock wanted level, nothing. Your forced to just play the dull, sick storyline. Who wants to play a game hearing throughout non-stop some bit$% as£ hoe, complain about their sad life all the way through a game? There are 3 characters in this game...3 whingers that do nothing but complain about their rubbish pathetic lives and see violence and behaving as an idiot as the only way out. They all have mental issues and see phychologists, take drugs, drink etc. Hardly a cheery game and not something I would pollute my mind with. I took this back to the shop the next day, sorry I ever bought it. Everything about this game bored me stupid
  6. Oct 6, 2013
    By far the worst online launch for a video game in the history of all online launches. If not being able to connect the first couple days and having a completely broken PS3 version, any progress that was made afterwards was met with having my character deleted. This is an open beta product and we were swindled into thinking this was a completed product.
  7. Oct 5, 2013
    Its a fun game but some aspects really annoy me, the main one is the framerate, some places i had to turn on the auto aim because i was wasting to much ammunition, maybe my console is getting old, the game has some bad textures what is ok since how BIG the map is, the driving is very sensible but good, some cars models are "indestructible" they dont take much damage compared with others models, if you like to explore you will find several hours of fun otherwise you will get tired easily even doing the campaign. The multiplayer isn't working no matter how much i try. Expand
  8. Sep 23, 2013
    Quite possibly the most disappointing release I've ever experienced.

I could have easily given the game a 7 or 8 but after the hype of this thing its just pathetic. I have played every single GTA since the first one. This is the worst one ever made. Here's the main issue, this game is not fun... People can sit there emotionless and list all the "features" of the game but it can have
    it all it wants, it doesn't make the things your listing fun to do. The driving physics have been completely destroyed. You could be drving a SUV or a Ferrari, it doesn't make a difference at all. All the cars go extremely fast, and you don't even ever need to brake to go around a turn. Just let go of the gas and turn. Every vehicle is the same cartoonish ride. Its as if they've taken every single feature of previous games, ruined them, and then put them into the game. The unarmed combat system is destroyed. Shooting is the same as ever. I mean dear god... I thought GTA 4 was going to be my least favorite GTA game ever but... no sir. GTA 5 is a pointless shell of a game. The easiest way I can break this down for somebody who is looking at these reviews for the purpose of being actually concerned about the quality of the game, I can say this with 100% full confidence: Red Dead Redemption is a better game. Sleeping Dogs was better. and GTA 4 was better in my opinion as well. The only good thing about this game is the story is quite different for a while then previous GTA games, but quickly devolves into the same old stuff. This is really quite dissapointing for me as I can't really think of any other game company I like more than R*. They've made quite a few of my favorite games of all time. They just dropped the ball on this one to please the masses i guess. I really do not like this game... Its boring.

Now, when GTA online comes out that might be a little more "interesting" considering the way the game is designed. It seems like they may have sort of neglected the single player in a lot of areas in order to focus on the online element.
  9. Oct 6, 2013
    Con la cabeza fria, y despues de pasarmelo muy bien jugando al juego, veo realmente claroscuros en esta entrega. Unos graficos muy buenos( no así lo que se prometia), un mapa no tan grande como se decia, una duracion extremadamente corta, misiones faciles de correveidile.......porque el juego es facil con ganas, 5 golpes tiene el juego de los cuales solo 3 son importantes y se nota en demasía la capada al offline para agrandar su nuevo producto: GTA Online, y es que en eso se a convertido GTAV, en 2 juegos, dejando la parte offline muy tocada. Un juego que se pasa todo el mundo que se vicia en una semana, eso es GTA V, ya no es ese juego que dura meses y meses...........o sí, si pasas por el aro de tenerte que contentar con que¡ es que el online esta muy guapo!. Muy triste, un paso atras. Expand
  10. Oct 14, 2013
    The GTA series always gets astonishingly high reviews from the same critics every single time. Even GTA IV, which was so awful in pacing that the devs decided to put in *MANDATORY* hanging out with your completely unlikable "friends" to play darts, or bowling, or other things that were apparently what Rockstar believed would create classic GTA moments.

Unfortunately, ever since San
    Andreas, the GTA series has not improved. There is no room for argument here. It hasn't. San Andreas did practically everything right that could possibly be done in a GTA game. It was complex, well-written, and just freaking fun.

Then came IV, which got rave reviews across the whole planet. Except it was so obviously a step back from San Andreas that even after buying the entirety of it with the expansion, I was still working my way through it waiting for the fun to happen. Something that justified the emphasis on "realism" in things like driving (because in the Vice City/San Andreas times, the #1 complaint was, of course, the lack of realism in the driving physics, as cars were just way too easy to control, and that was something the series desperately needed. Yes, that's sarcasm, because that concept alone as a "feature" was astonishingly stupid.), the mandatory bromances (they didn't even let you hang out with girls? No reward for even putting up with those things? Not even so much as a cheap dating sim mechanic? Just, here are some people you never want to see again, forcing you to go out with them. Yeah, that was executed brilliantly.), and the idiotic story that not one person can even joke about enjoying.

So, despite that IV was clearly worse than San Andreas and lacked a massive number of features that SA had that were awesome, it got better reviews. Okay, whatever. I've never heard anyone in the history of time mention it as a classic, something that redefined gaming to the level that was stated in the reviews, but I know that happens sometimes when the hype reviews itself.

So, here comes V, and the monstrous hype-machine to go with it.

And, my goodness, did they hype this game. It was everywhere. You couldn't ignore it. It was so pumped up worldwide, they might as well have announced that DLC was a thing of the past, being the dumbest idea that still worked and resulted in games often costing twice as much as their originals for "complete editions".

Now that would be something to hype. But here's the thing with GTA V: Not one person really says *WHY* it's good.

That's the really astonishing part. Everyone talks about the scope, the scale, the scenery, the graphics, the improved targeting system that was basically Red Dead Redemption's, the nice little features like not needing to drive from place to place to re-do a failed mission (it only took them FOUR past games to figure out that that was annoying), and lots of *little touches* to the basic formula. Not a lot really changed. It's still GTA, for better or worse, depending on how you look at it.

But that's the problem. It's still the same GTA you've been playing and, oddly enough, still doesn't come anywhere close to San Andreas. Rockstar realizes they don't actually have to change anything, nor should they, because people see that Roman numeral next to Grand Theft Auto, and that's enough for people to go completely insane and buy copies on day one.

The thing is, these people are crazy. They are stone-cold nuts. I can't be kind about this, because these people lack basic pattern recognition on a level that is staggering. I've yet to hear a single aspect I must be missing that justifies the exosphere-high reviews, as if GTA now has the last game it'll ever need--that the formula's been perfected, everything's come together, and something beautiful has happened.

Well, I still have yet to see anything besides another sub-San-Andreas GTA game without any really exciting features or even real improvements over anything besides the scenery and a few basic improvements to the controls and interface. To put it simply, it's stupid. It's a stupid game. It wastes its potential carelessly, without regard, but it doesn't take a genius to know why: Rockstar knows they don't really have to put any effort into "improving" the game. That's not the selling point. The selling point is that there's another GTA game, even bigger in scope, even prettier. The fact that the mechanics are still virtually identical doesn't matter, really. People will buy it. And they have. Which makes people with pattern recognition skills like me a little sad, and not very hopeful about the future of console gaming.

When GTA improves significantly, I'll totally praise Rockstar for it. There's certainly more than enough room to make improvements. Until then, though, V is only another game in a downhill series. That's all it is. The GTA Online tragedy that screwed absolutely everyone over aside, that's really all there is to it.
  11. Sep 27, 2013
    I bought GTA V hoping that Rockstar will deliver an amazing story and gameplay in a huge open world just as it did in my favourite Red Dead Redemption. But it did not. I tried very hard to like the newest GTA but after 10+ hours of playing it just came to me that this game is really not that good. Sure, the map is big and there is plenty of activities to do, but those activities are feeling like a mini games lacking polish (to be honest, most of them are just dumb or boring). Driving is far from excellent, and if you wish to drive cars on your PS3 there are a lot of better games at that. Shooting is awful! RDR had it way smarter. The game has no atmosphere. Its all colorful, driving/killing for fun game. No regrets, no remorse, no responsibility, no consequences. The game is 18+ but it doesn't deliver the content for the mature player (except for bad rape or dog fingering jokes and some nudity). The gaming season is starting and I suggest everybody to choose something other than GTA V. Expand
  12. Oct 5, 2013
    This game is good but not great and the online sucks gameplay is stale story is soso I played 3 games this year that were better and the ending lol why have multiple endings the choices at the end do not fit Franks character
  13. Sep 21, 2013
    After the initial "9 year ago" opening scene, I thought Rockstar might have actually tried something different this time, but once the actual game starts you are treated to more of the same... start at point A, collect that/kill him at point B, return to point A.
    Admittedly this is a first impression after two seperate one hour session, but that was all i could manage before I totally
    lost interest. Maybe it might be better in a year or so, when I come back to it with very low expectations. But for the foreseeable future it is going to be gathering dust on my bookshelf. Expand
  14. Oct 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've played GTA since the third installment up until this new one. This is the worst one yet. R* is going the way of EA with souless games and trying to squeeze every cent they can out of you with DLC and microtransactions. If you plan to only play single-player, you should skip this one. The campaign is a total of 69 missions and once you complete them your already at over 50% complete with the game. Remember all those cool 'odd jobs' in previous installments? Pretty much gone except for the taxi missions.

- Not enough heists. What is the point of improving your crew member's skills when you barely get to use them?

- Grove Street was totally different. I barely recognized it from SA. If it wasn't for the cul-de-sac I wouldn't even know that it was Grove Street. Plus, the Ballas are now living there and there isn't an explanation why that is; which brings me to my next point.

- No gang territory. I loved taking over gang territory in SA. With GTA V you can't start gang wars, take over territory or recruit members. I wanted to retake Grove Street for the GSF but it will forever be Balla turf now. There were about 4 missions that involved the 'hood'. Way too short. One of the missions Trevor just decides to go down to Grove Street just for the hell of it. Literally for no reason.

- There is a casino in GTA V but you can't go inside and gamble. Another feature missing from SA.

- Purchasable properties You can buy them but cannot go inside? The missions for the 'properties' you own are mostly delivery missions that serve no purpose. It doesn't matter if you ignore them or not, you just won't get payed your $1k that week. There should be sub-missions for your properties which improve them.

- No purchasable safehouses. Franklin starts out with a house in the hood but then moves out to Vinewood. No longer can I buy a house in the hood, walk out the door and start shooting rival gang members like in SA. Now I have to drive from Vinewood all the way down to the 'bad' part of town, or take a cab and just steal a car when I get there. They saved all of the purchaseable safehouses for 'GTA Online'. So, if you only want to play singleplayer or don't have an internet connection, R* is basically saying screw you.

- The world map is bigger than SA only because of the ocean. I would have much rather preferred more land. Rockstar claimed that the world map for this game would be bigger than Red Dead Redemption and GTA IV combined with "the oceans, land and enterable locations." Well, the ocean is boring and there really is no point in being underwater and the enterable locations are very few and far between. There is A strip club, one, and about 15 gas stations that are all copy and paste. If you've been in one gas station you've seen 'em all. There are a bunch of clothing stores but they are copy and paste aswell, with just 3 different types. Suburban, Discount and a high-end one. There are also a few banks to go into but you can't do anything with them and they are also copy and paste. For Rockstar to claim that this is the biggest world yet just because of the ocean is very misleading advertising.

-On a random encounter mission, you had to transport a guy to the airport and when you got him there he tells you to buy stock that isn't listed on the stock market webpage.

-Vehicle Customization is back and was a major feature missing from IV.

-Stock market is a waste of time after you've completed the assasination missions. Also there isn't an option to short sell stock when you know the CEO for example will be assasinated.

-The movie studio was too short-lived.

-Fast-food resturants are still around but you can't interact with them at all or even go inside.

If you have ever played GTA: San Andreas you will know this game sucks but if you started playing GTA with IV you will think this game is the best in the franchise. Well, it isn't. The story sucks, the gameplay sucks, the characters are boring, the driving is very old style, overall just the worst GTA. After 5 years and over 260 million dollars this is the best R* can come up with? I guess paying for reviews on all those gaming sites aren't cheap.
  15. Oct 20, 2013
    GTA5 is a very bad game, on many levels. There's only a couple of funny missions, the rest is totally lame (do yoga and click on pop up, really guys and the top of the worse in this poor game is the control... i'v never seen a gameplay like this... Mockstar should have play to other games like just cause 2 or Sleeping dogs: so they could learn some tricks (the shooting phases on car is a nightmare in GTA5 and so is the gameplay of few vehicule like the helicopter).

the only good point: it's big... but so empty.

and i don't talk about the online part...
  16. Sep 17, 2013
    claudionmc
    Sep 17, 2013
    First of all, I really liked the game, and I'm not a hater... but I think that getting a 10 is too much for the game overall. The amount of things that you can do is tremendous, but also the amount of bugs. Regarding graphics, they are "good" (for a 256mb console), but I cannot give them a 10 remembering graphics of metro:last light, uncharted 2/3, gears of
    war: judgement or the last of us.

Finally, the IA is not very good, and there is a lot of scripted issues along the game. So that's why I think that a 7/10 is appropriate.
  17. Sep 20, 2013
    Ridiculously overhyped. Having played GTA IV, I had very high expectations for this game, especially given that Rockstar had 5-6 years to develop this game, it was disappointing. The shooting mechanic is as broken as ever, aiming at targets that are nowhere near me while I am being shot by a cop 5 feet away from me, and the small reticule is basically useless. The driving does not feel any different although that is not entirely a complaint as there was nothing really wrong with it. The graphics and textures look subpar compared to other releases of this year and even last year. The game is good, I am not denying that, but I am just denying it all of it's overdone praise and hype. Not a huge step from GTA IV, not impressed. Expand
  18. Sep 17, 2013
    While it's certainly not perfect, but HUGE and corrects a lot of the things that were wrong with the previous entires. If you're a GTA fan you will feel right at home with this in all of it's updated, fully realized glory. A fully explorable ocean is pretty sweet too.
  19. Oct 3, 2013
    Well i wont be bragging recklessly for GTA V like the most of the fans are doing actually,i'll be honest.GTA V is a good game with massive map and tons of activities but it quickly gets boring after a while.I dont know why but it really bored me to death after playing through a repititive storyline jobs like go there,drive to that,kill that,,blah blah and once trevor appeared i literally turned off the game.Personally i am a huge fan of R* games and even now obsessed with the excellent titles like Red dead Redemption and Max Payne 3 and they never get boring.The driving in GTA V feels lame and playing as a Psychopath Trevor killing people for no reason was a real pain in the bu**.GTA V may have earned U.S $1 bn in 3 days but its no different than GTA IV in a sense that it quickly becomes boring Expand
  20. Oct 6, 2013
    Anyone who has played Dead Space 2 may remember a certain set piece which left Isaac suspended upside down. The player then had to fend off a bunch of attacking necromorphs with inverted controls. Earlier this year The Last of Us copied that very sequence and now Grand Theft Auto V lives up to it's name by ripping it off again. Copying shooting sections from DS 2 is a very bad idea for GTA V because GTA V has far weaker shooting mechanics.

It's not just Dead Space though suddenly I'm seeing elements I've seen before in Call of Duty and Uncharted. In terms of mission design Rockstar have played it safe here to the obvious delight of the mainstream gaming media who appear to have had their 10/10 reviews ready to go to print before the first prostitute had been whacked.

Grand Theft Auto V is not a true sequel. In reality it's Grand Theft Auto 4: San Andreas. The driving and shooting has been tweaked to make cornering and aiming easier but you can tell it's the same game engine underneath. The jokes are the same too. Republican Space Rangers, Cluckin Bell, e-Cola, to GTA veterans like myself it just feels a bit too familiar and not as funny this time round.

Did I mention there's a few cutscenes? There is, occasionally some gameplay breaks out. The script is terrible. It's mostly shouting, swearing, moaning and arguing with hardly any comedy at all. And there's so much of it and it's so constant it wears you out. With the focus very much on the three hateful characters you play as, the satire of GTA's past is pushed into the background with just one radio talk show.

The game is full of half baked ideas. 'Stealth mode', suddenly GTA needs a stealth mode. Activating stealth mode see's your character creep around slowly like an 90 year old with a dodgy hip. Yoga could have been a rhythm action score attack mini-game instead you just press the buttons your told to pointlessly. Car mods and weapon upgrades again feel underdeveloped. Races aren't real races, rubber band AI stops you pulling away or getting left behind. Just don't crash and you cross the finish line first. Golf and tennis are to easy. Even getting a lap dance see's your chat up lines run out and repeat well before you've finished wooing the stripper making it a chore.

Triathlons are the worst. Running swimming and cycling all require the same input of pressing up on the left stick and hammering the X button. It doesn't matter how fast you press either you will run at the same speed. You will overtake and be overtaken randomly by your AI opponents to give the illusion you are in a real race. Your not though just keep going, you will win. One of the triathlons lasted 28 minutes and busted my hand up pretty good so thanks for that.

I can't say GTA V is a bad game. There was a brief spell during the middle when the map was still half blocked out and the other half was bustling with activity that I felt I was enjoying it. It's not broken, it's competent and above all else it's boring. It feels slow and clunky compared to other open world games which have now surpassed it. You can't really blame Rockstar for playing it safe though, they had a lot of money riding on this and they knew that more of the same would get the job done.
  21. Sep 25, 2013
    overall gameplay good, but due to the recent microtransaction news i feel online play will be ruined by people buying weapons and making it unbalanced for a game i've already paid for its a joke, trading it in sharpish and getting Diablo 3.
  22. Sep 30, 2013
    He is 150% right on this one. Marcus nailed. But by the way, I bought GTA V played 25 hours expecting to find some relevancy and all I've got were useless and pointless missions. There are a couple of funny moments here and there, but this is the kind of game that you play and feel numb. It's too much information and pointless missions. GRAPHICS are amazing and there are funny moments, but that's it.

I'm getting really bored playing at the point to quit and return the game.

I'm not the kind of guy who buy GTA just light up the chaos. I like the story mode and how its develop but I didn't get interested on this. NICO BELIC RULES!
  23. Sep 26, 2013
    Great script corrupts absolutely murdered approach to gameplay. The game went back arcade elements, the police still appears from nowhere and knows exactly where the years. In the missions, as there is only one version of the action: the one that came up with the designers. If you have not guessed their plan to fail. No freedom of action. No use of modified cars they still disappear, and their take on the job in 90% of cases it is impossible. AI traffic has not changed since the days of GTA 3.

Damn Google translator. From Russia with vodka, punks
  24. Sep 19, 2013
    stop to cry little girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  25. Sep 20, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V expands on everything that made IV so great and for once, you can believe the hype. In the game, you play as three characters that you can switch between at will. Each character has different, intertwining campaigns thus, longer playtime and strategic gunfights The controls feel more tight and the weapon wheel works really well. The graphics are a big step up from GTA IV and I'm still getting used to it. This game comes with many new features like weapon customization, checkpoints during missions, and character advantages( Trevor deals double-damage with guns, Michael can go into bullet-time in combat, much like Max Payne and Franklin can enter bullet-time while driving). This is one hell of a game and should not be missed. It's a great way to end the generation and I'll be anticipating for multiplayer. Expand
  26. Sep 20, 2013
    Don't get me wrong, this is an amazing game. However, unlike most games, I am able to stop playing it quite easily. This isn't a bad thing but it's probably because you are flitting around so much that you don't get totally immersed. It's a huge game with incredible detail and I can see me playing it for months to come. Luckily, without the all-nighters I usually have to endure.
  27. Sep 22, 2013
    GTA V strives to make good on fan expectations that the franchise has been known for. In many ways GTA actually exceeds the limit we came to expect since GTA IV, this is done by throwing us into the most vibrant and realistic world yet created by Rockstar. Populated by amazing sights and interesting characters, through to a story that actually takes the usual formula of GTA story lines but doesn't follow any conventional GTA story.
    The game feels so fresh that you become hooked almost instantly especially if you're a prior fan of the series. The gameplay itself is a cross between many games developed by Rockstar including Max Payne 3, Red Dead Redemption and of course previous GTA games. GTA V takes many of these games mechanics to develop a meta-game that feels natural to play.
  28. Sep 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Well thank god I DIDN'T buy into the hype. This game even not all hyped up failed to meet expectations. The 3 characters Trevor especially was WAY beyond over the top and just stupid and irritating. The Soundtrack don't even get me started talk about pure GARBAGE worse soundtrack yet. Trevor kills of Jonny from The Lost expansion in the first 20 seconds of first seeing Trevor that's some BS Jonny would trash him. The Heist were a HUGE let down there is all of what 4 MAYBE 5 that you get to plan and that's IT?! The mission are fun and the game is beautiful and fun but NOT even remotely worth game of the year I don't care about sale those mean nothing other then people buying into mass hype. Bioshock Infinite and Splinter cell blacklist are FAR more fun in my opinion and id get them over GTA 5. I will say that online hant been release YET BUT if it is ANYTHING like GTA 4 online it will just morph into a damn mass kill fest and get incrediably old very fast. To me this felt like a glorified GTA 4 with a GARBAGE sound track bad driving physicis and glitchy garages (car saves) and 3 main characters that I couldn't ever follow or ever connect with because I couldn't even lable them as anti-heros or protagonists that are all just complete scum.

These are just MY OPINIONS don't get all butt hurt and offended because I DIDN'T like the "best game of 2013"

END RANT.
  29. Sep 24, 2013
    To be honest, I've never really liked any of the Grand Theft Auto games. The stories and missions weren't interesting to me, and I always just used the game as an excuse to go around and cause mass destruction because I felt there was nothing better to do. But GTA 5 actually has characters and missions that I found really entertaining. Everything here from past games has been refined and everything feels a lot more natural (including driving and shooting). This isn't the best game of all time, but its definetely one of the best games of this year, if not THE best so far. Its one everyone should experience and with AT LEAST 35 hours of just story content, it is well worth 60 bucks. Expand
  30. Oct 8, 2013
    I just cant find any incredible things in GTA V despite of its highly anticipated game, i dont think this should be the game of the year (for me), i dont say that i waste 60 bucks with this games, im just not happy on what changes i saw on this latest gta series, it is still boring eversince, i am only happy at the graphics that i dont think old hag console can handle HDR lighting but anyway rockstar made another job well done Expand
  31. Oct 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Rethinking my opinion of Grand Theft Auto 5 now that it's been two weeks since i've beaten it and thought about the game/storyline. First off will be the negatives. Gameplay is very rough, such as the terrible input lag during aiming that's somehow worse than GTA4's. Cover play is just as clunky and looking at the AI during combat, i see it's not that different either. Repetitive side activities such as golf, jobs or others aren't that fun and feel like a grind for stat raising. Graphics look only slightly different than GTA4, there's just no murky screen filter anymore.
    There are 3 different endings that you chose. It's literally press A, B or C on your phone when the choice comes along. Ending A and B are both pointless when C is a huge Deus Ex Machina that makes the whole point of half the storyline invalid to create a super cheesy happy ending. The humor of the game is completely juvenile thats over the top in use, and dialogue is very bland and at points annoying. (I know GTA is known for this, but it's so obvious and crudely done now.) This includes most of the storyline speech as well.
    The Map is huge, most likely 4x the size of Liberty City in GTA4, but there's a catch. All of this huge countryside that takes up half of the map is covered with trees and practically nothing to do, save a handful of badly written boring side activities. (Collect 20 of these, 30 of these, 50 of these, etc.) Vehicle control is the best it's been in the series, but then there's magically flipping your car now with the left stick and still being able to drive into a brick wall going 90 mph almost unscaved.
    Each character in the game has little to no likable traits. Trevor is a Psychopathic who breaks the laws of physics too open, and can't stop threatening others or bringing up a previous event all the way to the end annoyingly. Michael being the only slightly interesting character, but his dysfunctional family is completely overdone in satire and have some of the cheesiest moments of the game. And finally Franklin, who is basically a CJ clone when it comes to his goals, which is the typical 'get out of the ghetto into serious crimes' approach many black characters are sadly written into with GTA games. Any connection these characters feel to each other matters none in the end and at times seems completely non-existent.
    Now to look at the positives. The 3 character approach is fresh in GTA, and gives players more accustomed to squad play something similar to work with. Customization for almost everything is stepped up in GTA5, this includes cars, clothes, hair, tattoos, weapons and more. This adds a little more immersion and personalization to the game. The murky color filter from 4 is gone thankfully as stated at the beginning. Slightly better face models for characters and view distance being sort of better nice touches. Sounds in this GTA are a step above previous titles, immersing you much more.
    The heist system is very approachable, and a few of the predetermined story missions are interesting and fun. Design of the whole map is great, even if left contentless mostly. Statistics similar to that of GTA:SA are back and characters also have a unique special ability to give them an edge. Property ownership is back in GTA5, similar to that of Vice City Stories, allowing players to rake in currency to spend on the massive amount of purchases ready.
    This review was written after 40 hours of playtime and all single player content was completed. I have no urge to play the infamous multiplayer or to replay the story again.
  32. Dec 11, 2013
    That´s only a critic against Rockstar because of his betray at the PC users, don´t be angry! I´m not jealous, just dissappoint...
    Sorry for the bad English..
  33. Nov 9, 2013
    Graphics are soooo bad. Look at the face of the shrink in the beginning. Then go play Beyond Two Souls or The Last of Us and look at the textures and faces. Sorry, in this time period, I can't play a game with faces that look that plastic and fake with horrible lighting. Also, the gameplay was horrible. I don't want to run around doing that crap.
  34. Oct 12, 2013
    Rockstar have truly lost their way, instead of fun over the top games they now create messy, misogynistic games that try far too hard to be offensive for the sake of it. GTA 5 does have some amazing features to it, such as the world and how detailed it is, but sooner or later everything you appreciate the game will come crashing down due to one thing or another.

The controls in this
    game are absolutely awful, I expected Rockstar to have worked on this after the mess that was GTA 4, but they feel practically the same. You can't just throw in an auto aim that is far too generous because you couldn't be bothered to fine out the aiming, that is just shameful. The driving is better admittedly, but it couldn't have gotten any worse after GTA 4. Every action is over animated, it makes the controls incredibly cumbersome and frustrating and nearly impossible to get through small doorways without running into walls first.

The story in this game is about as disjointed as they come, the only real connection being that everyone needs to make money, which is once again an incredibly lazy plot driving point. I never had a sense that what I was doing was important to progressing the story or characters once during my time with the GTA 5 main missions and I found myself getting tired of it very often. Free roaming is a lot of fun, probably where the most fun will be had with this game, there is a lot on offer in the world of Los Santos and it rewards the observant gamer. It is a shame then that the police will punish you for even the slightest of crimes, tap one of their cars? Accidently bump into an officer due to the clunky controls? They will shoot you on sight for it. I'm not sure if there is an underlying message to this about America and its police brutality or if Rockstar really were just too lazy once again to bother adding different reactions to each wanted level.

The biggest problem with this game is GTA Online, unfortunately it comes as part of the package so it should be rated as part of the entirety of this game. The playerbase is absolutely awful, one of the worst standing side by side with the Call of Duty community. This however is not Rockstar's fault, but like it or not you will have to rely on these people sooner or later to help you either in missions or just roaming around. The missions themselves are pretty much just cut and copy over and over with only the bare basics changed; such as mission location or how many enemies you need to kill. Practically all the missions will revolve around killing a group of people, collecting something and then reaching a destination.

GTA Online was never going to live up to the hype it created, but it could have been so much more. Because of the disappointing single player and the outright horrid Online feature I can only give GTA 5 a 6/10.
  35. Nov 5, 2013
    This game was not good at all. I don't get why people get so excited about it. There is no point for this. I don't know about you but I did not enjoy it at all.
  36. Dec 3, 2013
    its a big world with lots to do and all in all acts as a distraction from the original objective and story which can eventually break the dramatic tension. i believe people all over the world have thrown their money at this game without thinking. what happened to all those games that told a story without all the distraction of the surrounding environment, after all i only ever see myself and other people playing this game driving around and killing people which can be fun but whats the point, after they eventually come to their senses and realize what they have been doing for past 3 hours and do a damn mission they end up saying to themselves "what the is going on!?" Expand
  37. Feb 3, 2014
    I got a free copy of GTA5 when I was forced to purchase a new PS3 when my first generation model finally croaked. The GTA5 bundle was the least expensive deal, so that's the only reason I got the game. And I'm glad I didn't spend a single dime on this piece of crap game. The industry complex for some reason loves to herald Rockstar as a great game developer, and all GTA5 is is a smut-ridden, foul-language oversaturating, horrible game mechanics, terrible gun battling, stereotyping piece of garbage. Just like every other GTA game. I don't know I bothered to pop it into my console and dirty it up. No clue. How does this game have such a huge rating? How?

The driving is terrible, the shooting...snap L2 and you instantly aim at and track your opponents, and if you fail a mission you have to start all over again. The story is horrible, and so what if Los Santos or whatever it's called is a big, sprawling city? So what??? And don't even get me started on MP mode.

This is a piece of trash like nothing ever before it...except for GTA4. These games are the reason the game industry gets hammered and hounded, and the bad part is they're not even good. They placate to a crowd of the gaming community that are as low as the characters in the games.
  38. Oct 1, 2013
    Meh! I've played for about 10 hours or so and am already getting bored, there is some really funny dialogue and that's what is keeping me going but otherwise its just the same old over-hyped GTA. Its not a bad game by any means and Rockstar have done an amazing job with the graphics, open world design and script but it just gets a bit samey to quickly for me. I'm looking forward to the multiplayer hopefully that will be awesome. Expand
  39. Sep 19, 2013
    I borrowed a friends PS3 just to play this. Not sure how someone can give this a low-score, what were you expecting? Friendship is Magic?*

This is the best sandbox game of its type, and is thoroughly fun just messing around with the mechanics and the virtual denizens of this hyper-realistic world. I'm sure there are areas not to everyone's satisfaction, like I would like the option of
    increased vehicle damage.

A hugely impressive effort by the coders and artists at Rockstar, many who poured years of their lives into this game so millions could enjoy. Yes it's violent, but its also funny, and packed with moments of sheer artistry.
  40. Oct 5, 2013
    Rockstar Games and the GTA series helped make the open world action game genre what it is today, and because of that both deserve our respect. I'm just going to go ahead and say that this is just a review of the single-player experience only and not GTA online. I will reference GTA online in this review briefly, but will go more into depth about it with a separate review for it that you can read when it is posted.

GTA V's city of Los Santos feels alive, brimming with personality and activities. The story and characters are excellent and fully fleshed out. You may be playing as scumbags, but they are the kind of scumbags you can sympathize with and actually are actually likable characters despite their numerous personality flaws. There is some crazy funny stuff going on in Los Santos, stuff so bizarre and hilarious that honestly a lot of it wouldn't have looked out of place in a Saint's Row game. Just turning on your TV or radio and a commercial could pop up with some of the most hilariously un-subtle social commentary you'll ever hear, making for some intentional comedic gold. It's moments like these that help GTA V set itself apart from other games in the genre that its predecessors helped create, but inconsistencies with the gameplay make it feel like GTA is lagging behind recent competitors in the open world genre.

The story missions are packed with some cool moments and tense shoot-outs, and the game is fun overall, but too often did it feel like the events leading up to these moments were just busy work used to extend the length of the game in some of the dullest ways possible. At one point the game tasked me with mopping, MOPPING! Who wants to do that in a video game? Cop chases are another frustration of mine, I can't tell you how many times I've almost escaped the cops only to have one cop car spawn right in-front of me alerting all cops to my new location and keeping the chase going. It's irritating to no end. Most of my other complaints are minor but did still hurt my opinion of the game. The graphics are a little dated, the radio stations never play anything good, and travel time can be a little too long at times. GTA Online is also still buggy, but you can read more about that in its individual review when I post it.

All of these flaws bring GTA V down, but they don't make it a bad game. It's still packed with enough fun and impressive moments to make it a good game, it's just not as impressive or as fun as a lot of the other open world games out there. But if you're looking for an open world crime game with a fantastic story, or are just a fan of the series, then you may find GTA V worth your time. Just don't expect anything particularly impressive as far as gameplay is concerned.
  41. Sep 20, 2013
    Every aspect of GTA V is exquisitely crafted.From a technology standpoint through to the magnificent soundtrack,I was in awe throughout.Visuals,dialogue,mission structure,activities,radio stations and side missions are all so excellent that I can only imagine the work that went into this title.While I would have loved a fourth,female playable character,and wouldn't have missed the torture scene one iota,I cannot fault this exceptional game. Expand
  42. Sep 20, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto was the originator with the sandbox type of video game and I’ve owned every single iteration at some point. I would always marvel at how much content they could squeeze onto a single disc and this game exceeds in every area. (I bought the download for the PS3 18GB so it no longer fits on a single disc) The world is huge, the storyline is well written, acted and engaging, and the graphics are awesome. In most games there is a huge difference between the cut scenes and the gameplay but not here they flow seamlessly. There are a multitude of options for activities, and if you don’t want to be a criminal, you could probably spend hours hiking, boating and playing tennis.

If you are offended at psychopaths, murderous villains, prostitutes, corruption and a sarcastic view of modern America then this game (and many other games) is/are not for you. Likewise if you are morally and mentally unstable and a have trouble distinguishing between reality and imagination and want to become the next mad shooter please do not buy this game but check yourself in to the nearest mental clinic to get help.

If however you are a normal person and can laugh at yourself and everything else, finding the humor in the stupidity of mankind then you’ll probably enjoy this game immensely and if you’re a GTA fan you’ll experience a game that has matured into a masterpiece. I’ve noticed a few glitches here and there but I’m sure these will be fixed in upcoming patches.

If you’re new to GTA go to one of the game sites or look on YouTube at some gameplay videos before you purchase if it’s too violent for you there is always Flower.
  43. Sep 20, 2013
    Biggest problem I have with this is the controls. I mean driving a car feels like pushing an elephant. It just simply feels like S**t. That is what takes away from the fun. I want to be able to floor that sucker to get away from the cops but if you hit a car, wall, or hell a post then your dead in the water for about 10 seconds until you get the car rolling again. They really need to patch it and make it much more punchy. Expect power when I take the pedal to the metal. Other then that the framerate is terrible. I really hope they release it for next gen consoles. At first I didn't care for the story but it grew on me. They are pretty hilarious characters and the missions while repetitive (going from A to B and rinse and repeat) they are fun in their own way. I get the feeling the MP will be a blast so long as they have the right content for it. Just please fix the handling of the cars!! Expand
  44. Sep 21, 2013
    I admit I'm not a big fan of the GTA series, the one that I liked so far was GTA: San Andreas and it was not for its history ...
    This GTA V has a history almost perfect, the interaction between the characters is wonderful and the fact that three protagonists makes things more complex, interesting and even fun. The gameplay is simply one of the best if not the best in the series, the
    soundtrack is also very good longevity Not to speak, the story mode takes over 30 hours, with secondary missions, sports activities and operating all map takes more than 100 hours! The game has plenty of action, enjoys with some real life stuff taking them to their ridiculous extreme (but this is good, and several times made ​​me laugh). It is a recommended game for over 18 years and believe me, is a game of extreme quality that will amaze you.

Note: Who gave 0/10 must have serious problems, and not played for sure. Must be one of the people is that it is anti-gaming.
  45. Sep 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Absolutely brilliant storytelling, innovate character controls and swapping mechanic, vastly improved driving and flying, beautiful and massive world with densely packed locations and vistas to explore, and all wrapped together into a package that taken as a whole completely blows any other game this generation out of the water. This game is the embodiment of out time, the medium that in the future will serve as a time capsule to explain our strange society to our ancestors. It tackles the issues our the era with hilarious and all-too-real accuracy. No one or group of people is outside the bounds of this game's reach. If you cannot take a joke, are very defensive of your way of life, or aren't mature enough to watch torture, strippers, immature behavior by the young, or murder, then avoid this game. Otherwise, this game is the device by which all other games will be measured in the future for writing, acting, and open world gameplay. Expand
  46. Sep 22, 2013
    This is an am amazing game to end this generation. I'm a big GTA fan, and while I enjoyed 4, but it felt lacking on some fronts from the PS2 era GTA games. GTA V brings in a good balance of the realism and darker themes of GTA 4 with characters with their own issues, but the craziness from previous games is back to an extent.

I've grown older and more mature from the PS2 era, but it's
    nice to have a variety of missions in regards to gameplay, and throughout the entire game it isn't just a handful of missions that are interesting, but overall majority of the missions are interesting and fun. The problem with GTA games main storyline is there are usually some long lows in which not much happens until the next big game. Obviously the heists are the big high point in this game, but there are plenty of missions for each characters that are fun and memorable. On top of that you have plenty of side activities which GTA 4 lacked.

Finally the three character progression and switching back and forth during missions is a bold idea that was executed really well. It's fun switching between characters during a mission in real time, and it really enhances the gameplay. In a sense it gives it more realism that it isn't one person handling everything as you worked together as a crew in a lot of missions. If you haven't played this yet, then get it. It's amazing!
  47. Sep 18, 2013
    This game is absolutely amazing. The graphics are awesome, the story line is excellent, and everything is just so perfect. Some people don't like it because it's like the other Grand Theft Auto's (in general), to which I'd ask what else they expected. It's ALWAYS fun to screw around and kill people in GTA, and multiplayer is going to make the game even better (By the way, pretty much ALL the negative reviews I read, are completely stupid. They don't make any sense), So, 10/10. No question. Expand
  48. Sep 19, 2013
    Rockstar Outdone themselves!

Maybe the best game ever created.Huge expansive world ,available to explore from the start. Best graphics available on an open world game,awsome storyline,characthters that are even better compared to movies' charachters.Many mini games,that are addicting and help you increase your stats.Car customization that even challenges Need for speed's
    customization.Enjoylable driving with perfect physics,and finnaly perfect shooting mechanics.
    And then there is GTA online (coming on octomber 1) ,boasting 700+ missions,completely new story line with some charachters from gta v,free roam online with up to 16 players,lots of multiplayer activies like tenis etc.Clasic modes such as team deatmatch and races .Mission creation and sharing tools available for all players.Plus rockstar has already said that they are going to develop more content over
    time.

Endless replaylability for both gta online(which could have been a game on its own) GTA 5.Game of the generation for me.Rockstar you made it,again!
  49. Oct 2, 2013
    So let me get this straight..
    Tonnes of glitches! (Don't believe me, Google some of the ridiculous glitches people have posted)
    AND no online at launch.
    If this was ANY OTHER game with these issues, people would be complaining non stop and the review scores would be somewhere at 4/10. But because it's GTA it can do no wrong.
    This does not mean its a bad game, but it is not the 10
    people are giving it.
    Sorry, but it's true.
  50. Sep 24, 2013
    While the general look and feel of the game isn't a huge improvement over GTA IV hey have certainly improved on the gameplay and missions. Missions are more varied and interesting and there is a massive amount of extra content to get stuck into. Gameplay feels really smooth and any glitches I've encountered haven't prevented me from progressing in the game. My only problem is that there wasn't a sense of working your way up from the dirt like there has been in past GTA games. Still, a fantastic game that deserves everyone's attention. Expand
  51. Sep 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really liked this game at first. However, the more I played it, the more I felt that I was caught up in the hype. Here are some of my problems with GTAV after playing for 3 days.

-The car handeling is better but still not as good as San Andreas.
    -The guns don't feel as satisfying as those in IV.
    -Unlikable protagonists and characters. (I have to admit I liked Michael at first but as the game progressed..)
    -Eventhough the missions have improved, it's now heavily focused on cut-scenes, which makes for a boring second playthrough.
    -Cops are annoying. Its such a major pain to get rid of 1 star wanted level.
    -Game freezes which kills the immersiveness and lets you fear whether this is damaging your PS3
    -I alsot feel that they did not do good with the remake of San Andreas city. Sections I love in GTA San Andreas was not acuratte in this game. Seriously.Take a look at Grove Street. Although, the graphics are nice, I'll give them that.
    -There are also a few late texture/buiding pop ins. I ran into what I thought was an invisible wall but it took a few seconds for a fence there to load.
    -Rockstar was disrespectfull with the potrayal of women
    -Disrespect for peoples religouiis beliefs.
    -Repitition of racial slurs. GTA San Andreas was centered around being a gangster and the n-word here was thrown around more in one cut-scene than the entire game. It's not realistic and it becomes annoying.
    -Not to mention their handeling of a previous protaginist-Johnny K.
    -Using submarines and helicopters are not fun.It honestly feels broken.
    -Content taken away (DLC)

Do yourself a favour and get The Last of Us instead. It's way more fun and a masterpiece than GTA V. In the end this game gave me more respect for IV eventhough a lot of people find it the worst in the series. GTA episodes from Liberty City was a step in the right direction. This one was just insulting and boring. I don't even want to finish it and wait for the online anymore. I'm takeing this back to the game store first thing next morning. GAH SO DiSSAPOINTING
  52. Sep 26, 2013
    I bought a Playstation 3 just for GTA 5. It is everything they say it is, but much better. The amazing attention to detail Rockstar have fed into their world is astounding. Cannot wait for the PC port.
  53. Sep 21, 2013
    All i can say is that i'm thankful i rented it. I played for about five hours and was bored. I much prefer story driven games. This one seems all over the place. I guess if i tried to stay with it i'd find some good game play but i don't think it's worth it. I did find the scenery and movement throughout the world excellent so i guess people who liked the older versions will love this.
  54. Sep 23, 2013
    Amazing game. Exactly what I've been hoping the series would someday turn into. Never been much of a GTA fan, but this game is just what GTA IV never was. IMO SA and VC was the best in the series, and it all got worse with IV, and now they threw a bomb and completely immersed me into this amazing world they've created.
  55. Sep 20, 2013
    GTA V THE GAME OF THE YEAR, hell yeah people, gorgeous graphics, awesome story, why some people hate this game? Oh yeah because they are retards, GTA V GAME OF THE YEAR, and one world for this game, Trevor
  56. Sep 21, 2013
    I've playing GTA since GTA 3 was released in 2001. After Vice city and San Andreas i was satisfied. I don't care about graphics. I consider the most important part to a game is how addicting and fun it is. Plus this game is huge its overwhelming. I have GTA's and i see no need for another.
  57. Oct 11, 2013
    The graphics are horrible and not suitable for big screens, there's some questionable game design, auto-aim is necessary because those idiots at rockstar decided to put this on consoles and sony and microsoft are idiots for not allowing to have other control methods than the controllers. I recommend waiting for a PC version so nothing is holding back your experience.
  58. Sep 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have been waiting for this game for a long time now and I didn't expect it to be this great.I mean, it's basically San Andreas with better graphics, physics engine and overall, eveything.This game is the greatest game of the year, maybe Watch Dogs can come close to it, but no way it's getting past GTA.Only one thing that disturbed me was the torture scene with Trevor.If they had a "Skip this Session" option, like MW 2 did for the No Russian mission, that would stop any hate on GTA V I believe.
    Don't doubt it's greatness, get the game, it's the best
  59. Sep 23, 2013
    People whats wrong with you? Which game if it not gta v deserve 10 points? Look wider..please)

Dont look at future and past games.. You should just pkay this staff
  60. Sep 18, 2013
    Juego perfecto para cerras la generación actual de consolas (ahora me pregunto, por que los demás desarrolladores nunca se esforzaron en darnos algo así en todos estos años)??
  61. Sep 20, 2013
    First things first, I just want to say that I wanted to play the game sufficiently before writing this review. I saw a lot of people on here day 1 of the game's release bashing it when they didn't even have a good amount of play time put into the game. I have put 25 hours in to the game so far, and I still feel like there's so much more for me to see and do. From the get go, you can already see how much there is to explore. I was initially disappointed the city portion of the map was small in comparison to the rest of the map, but when you're in the game it feels like a large, full sized city. The game gives you a lot to do, as there are multiple side missions, random encounters with people getting robbed or having their bike get stolen, and it even lets you invest in the stock market. The biggest changes in this entry would be the shooting and driving mechanics. Everything has been tweaked and feels tighter and much more responsive. Vehicles don't swerve all over the road like in GTA IV, and the shooting is heavily borrowed from Rockstar's own Max Payne 3 which is a good thing. The stories for the three main characters are all really interesting. The characters themselves live very different lives, which helps make the missions more varied. That is perhaps one of the best improvements of the new game, is that the missions are now much more varied. Nearly every mission is different from the last, and it helps keep the game interesting. The biggest missions in the game are these elaborate heists, in which the player actually gets to choose between two options of how they want to go through a heist, and who they to go through heist with as their crew. These are the highlights of the game in terms of missions and they near always give the user some much needed cash as there is a lot to spend your money on in this game. For the first time in a GTA game, you can actually buy a vehicle legally, through the game's internet, and it will be delivered to your garage. Vehicle customization and character customization are both back from San Andreas. The car customization, while not very extensive as far as what you can do to the body, is fun and lets you have your own custom car, as well as letting you improve the vehicle's performance. The game is a lot of fun, and despite some texture glitches here and there and some frame-rate slow down, it is as near perfect of a game as a sandbox could ever hope to be. That's why I give it a 10/10 Expand
  62. Sep 18, 2013
    There is no denying that this game is huge and was always going to be a smash hit....but you can't help but think as you play that GTA IV was better, i preferred the characters, the story was better as well as the city. There have been improvements in some game play (though aiming is too easy and makes shoot outs almost pointless) but it doesn't feel like a new game, simple a continuation. Had it's day??? Probably not, there will always be a new generation of game player who wants to experience the thrill of gansta life, init! Expand
  63. Sep 19, 2013
    i missed out on GTA IV idk why the game felt weird to me and was kind of boring but GTA V feels so fluid and fun immediately i feel like the game has some awkward controls but with so much to do i undertand why great game
  64. Sep 23, 2013
    Well, I absolutely love Grand Theft Auto 5. The best out of the GTA franchise, best game Rockstar ever brought out in my opinion. Love the storyline, the graphics have improved, gameplay is awesome, you can now actually see boob! Which lets be honest is the best bit! The first thing I did as well as countless others was go to a strip bar and get a dance! BEST THING EVER! The 3 characters you can be Michael, Franklin and Trevor are great together. Trevor is by far my favorite character, with his witty humor, threats and his, well lets say 'Gay Tendencies' (you will know when u play it or if u've played it) have kept me entertained for hours on end. I like the fact that you can switch between characters, its a good feature which I hope they keep in on the other GTA games. The customization is awesome, you can customize anything from cars to motorbikes, as well as your characters clothes, hair cut, facial hair and/or tattoos. All in all I give GTA V a rating of 10/10.

-AG-
  65. Sep 17, 2013
    Not sure why this has a low userscore, must be SR or old GTA trolls but this game is THE best open world game out there. Its like SA on massive roids, so much more than a hd remake. 10/10 One small note is that gta online isnt out yet so its a shame we have to wait 2 weeks for that but its going to be awesome i am sure. PS3 version is flawless not one bug and runs 30fps+ 720p native which is VERY good for a gta game on any platform.

ifruit app is a bit dodgy but its early days and considering how smooth the retail launch was i have to say this is one of the most awesome launches ever
  66. Sep 18, 2013
    GTA V is the best game in the world! Everything about her is great, and those who give 0 to children who do not have the console and can not play! GTA V 1000000000/10.
  67. Sep 18, 2013
    GTA V has taken the GTA series to an all time level, So many things to see and to do. Missions are fun and have a variety and the map is amazing if you want to get out of the city. Graphics you cannot fault rockstar with them the Games graphics are phenomenal and so detailed. Having three characters I wasn't sure about it but rockstar have pulled it off. :D
  68. Sep 19, 2013
    Easily the best game on this console-generation. I have played maybe 15 hours now and all of those hours have been awesome! My game save is now completed only 19.6 so the gameplay is enough for a long time.
  69. Sep 20, 2013
    An awesome game but not perfect!

BAD

The story was not as as long as previous GTAs and the ending (the one that makes sense) was weak. Money is pointless in the end game. Stat building is pointless as all the characters start with high stats anyway. I towed heaps of cars and dropped off heaps of guns but there isn't a level process such as other GTAs and you get nothing special for
    it. Most properties are boring and missing their missions means nothing. Map is no where near as big as people made it out to be. Most of the north is just mountains with nothing interesting. The heists, which are awesome fun, are a one off with the reward. Only point replaying is to beat scores. The radio stations are horrible and repetitive.

GOOD

Awesome collection of guns and cars with heaps of customization available. It's a good looking and sounding game as expected. Flight school and shooting ranges are back. Playing sport can be fun (building strength however would've made more sense going to a gym or boxing ring...). Underwater is amazing for the 1st half hour. The 3 main characters are funny and the switch between them is really well done. Special moves also make each character more unique. Main missions are fun and interesting and the hidden missions that I've found so far have been fun. Kifflom

Now that I have finished about 80% of the game it's just boring. Probably not going to touch it again until multi-player finally comes out.
    Still it was fun while it lasted.
  70. Sep 21, 2013
    The game started slow as I wasn't to impressive. But after, Diving, Cycling, Swimming, Racing, Flying, and so and so, I only can say that life is good.
  71. Sep 21, 2013
    This game has it all blew what I've seen.
    The graphics have also convinced the whole 10/10.
    Every penny for this game is worth it! Incredibly, award suspicious!
    This game is the best game that has ever existed. I find no more words.
  72. Sep 22, 2013
    Probably the best game I've ever played this generation.

Playing three characters really sets this game above others in terms of story. At first I didn't expect much from it, but the voice acting and the animations are amazing. Without the voice acting, this game wouldn't be as good.
    The graphics are breathtaking, especially on a 7 year old system, you can tell Rockstar have really
    pushed it this time. Flying over the city at night with all the streetlights is something you'd want to get round doing. You can fly right up into the sky over the clouds and skydive off, but remember bring a parachute. The vehicles are incredibly detailed, the explosions are pretty awesome.

This is an open world game, which means you can go anywhere. I've never found myself walking anywhere because simply...the game is massive...you can steal cars (of course) helicopters, fighter jets, even an airliner, tanks and boats.

This is my first review, I made this account just so I can post about this game. It is a 10/10. Ignore the negative votes, they're jealous it's not out on PC. I only played GTA4 for a few hours, and got bored of it. But not with this game, I'm hooked. If you have an Xbox or PS3, i would get this game as soon as possible. $800million in 24 hours? Well deserved Rockstar... I also applaud you for delaying multiplayer release. There are always problems with multiplayer, this game would probably have lower reviews if it wasnt up to scratch.
  73. Sep 22, 2013
    Ok people, i hope you are not one those people who say "all GTA games are the same 0/10". It's just a stupid thing to say such thing and then go buy a new GTA game. I think this is an awesome game. Not the best in the series and not without problems, but it's definitely a very fun game. Just don't expect the best game ever done. I'm about half way into the game and my main criticism is that i don't think the characters are good enough. I just can't bond with them. Michael is too much of a loser as a dad and Trevor.. is a "usual" psycho and because of what he does to Johnny Klebitz i immediately hated him. I liked Franklin most among the three as he seems to be the only one that is not an idiot but he constantly whines about what he's doing and it sometimes gets annoying. It has some more weak points but none of them are serious enough to reduce the amount of fun you get. Try it, you won't regret. Expand
  74. Sep 22, 2013
    I don't even know where to start this. With a fluid gameplay, stunning graphics, a good humored but at the same time tragic story, this is the best game I've ever played so far without no doubt. Highly recommended for those who are fans of another GTAs games, and for those who don't.
  75. Sep 23, 2013
    The good: The story. (was ok) The characters. Illusion of a living city. Good GFX for old console. Great sound. The Bad: Only a few and duplicated shops/activities spread around map. Very little interaction with city allowed. Simple gameplay. The missions are a breeze. Only challenge was when first learning to land a plane. Disappearing cars and people when you look away then back.
    Cop chases are boring. Too easy to escape.

Summary: A nice looking virtual dollhouse for guys to fantasize in with tacked on weak gameplay.
  76. Sep 23, 2013
    Excelent videogame,the best grand theft auto,game of the year.............................................................................................
  77. Sep 23, 2013
    I created this account just to rate this game. First let me say that I've played EVERY GTA since GTA 1. There is something wonderful about this game. Running around in the wilderness makes me wonder how awesome this game would be as a dayz type game. There are so many good things that I'm just going to tell you what is "wrong" even though most of the problems are console limitations. Load time. Die during a mission? Expect around 10+ seconds of load time before you get another go. Load time gets annoying on tough missions. If you run and jump into a wall it knocks your dude out for like 5 seconds. It was funny the first 20 times, but got old when I'm trying to run from the police. The iFruit app used for training the dog is currently only available on iPhone. From an app developers perspective this is bad juju. A good app developer could convert that entire thing in just hours, yet they released the game without the Android app; this really...really bothers me and it should bother everyone else as well. They only explanation I can think of is how they are blatantly bashing Android devices within the game on radio advertisements. I had a laugh at the ads, they are clever, but come on let us train our pooch. The map is annoying as well. I'm about 8 hours in and have no idea what the map markers mean or who they are for. I go to each map marker with each character until I find the right character because it puts the marker on every characters map for some strange reason. Vehicle handling? Annoying at first, lovely after the first few hours of gameplay. The police? I would like a witness type system. If I kill everyone then police shouldn't know what I look like, it makes no sense. Why can't I mask up, kill some dudes, then take the mask off or just change my getaway vehicle to get off the police radar unless they spotted the vehicle tradeoff? They are making great progress in how the police "track" you, but the whole star system is still weak. I can shoot the rotors of a helicopter and it still will not go down. I love the addition of the stock market, made me rich so fast by just diversifying shares and selling at the smallest margin of profit, same as real life, just with less news as to what the company is doing....lol. I started a savings fund to buy a Tesla because of this games Coil, which is awesome. Basically this game helped save the planet a little See I cannot even stay on the negatives...the game just has too many positives about it for me to focus on the negatives. Final thought here is that the game wasn't ready. Online wasn't ready, the store wasn't ready, the police AI wasn't ready, the Android and Windows app wasn't ready....Big stuff there, enough to make me give it a 9/10. Believe me though, this game is worth quadruple what you pay for it. It's the price of watching 6 movies in theater. Do you remember the last 6 or 7 movies you saw? Me neither, but I'll remember GTA 5 just the same as GTA 4 and before. Expand
  78. Sep 23, 2013
    Excellent game, has a few problems and glitches but it never breaks the game. Seeing how big the world is its not a huge deal breaker. Amazing GTA game, recommend it to everyone.
  79. Sep 26, 2013
    This's awessome.This game is GOTY winner, or maybe Ultimate Game.
    Like a GTA-Fanboy, i love gta since the first edition, in 1996~97. This is the Grand Theft Auto 5.
  80. Oct 2, 2013
    GTA V is terribly overrated, like most AAA games these days, the missions are just an afterthought to tie together cutscenes. There is no challenge, no tactical decision making, no sense that you are outwitting the computer AI. The paradox is that even though it's a sandbox game, the mission sections have never felt so limiting and 'on rails'. The opening heist held some promise, but as the game unfolds it's clear that the designers adhere to the "rollercoaster" approach where the mission events and dialog are so scripted that there is little to no room for player creativity.

Having said that, the sandbox world is quite an achievement, the radio stations both talk and music are great, and the characters and cutscenes are probably the most entertaining you'll find in a video game. But unless you're suffering from obsessive compulsive disorder and absolutely must fly under all 50 bridges, pick up all the notes, complete all the jumps, tennis matches, etc.. the open world gets old rather quickly. And, as fun as the cutscenes are, they come at the expense of gameplay and the feeling that the game is little more than an expensive cutscene player, where you execute, basic, menial tasks to trigger them.

Like I alluded to, I like games that present a challenge and demand some kind of strategic thinking from the player. I gave GTA V a chance, because the heists sounded like they involved planning, choosing preferred/appropriate weapons for the job, maybe scoping out the building, planning which side to come in on, where to position the 3 players you control, etc... All features that a sandbox world would seem to accommodate very well. Unfortunately, the gameplay is simply not there in this one. Style over substance.
  81. Oct 3, 2013
    When buying GTA 5 I became extremely excited thinking it would of improved on everything wrong with GTA 4 and therefore make it the better game. I was wrong. The story was awful with only 69 main missions overall of which some were stealing vans and driving them back for storage. There are only three big heists in the game in which 2 are boring and easy. The last mission was also extremely disappointing as it was ridiculously easy and long winded. After finishing the game I looked at my stats and found that I had only played 5 hours as Trevor, 8 as Micheal and 10 as Franklin, throughout the whole story I never got attached to one character like I did with Niko and Roman which I feel was because of the lack of personal story based missions and the fact you have to play as 3 people constantly switching.

If you were a fan of the GTA 4 flying and driving you will be massively disappointing, they moved away from realism in the cars and instead went to Saints Row style driving with every car having an insane amount of grip which leaves you almost not needed to even concentrate on driving at all. They unfortunately went the complete opposite way in the flying department making it to realistic, you cant fly a helicopter straight for more than 5 seconds even with the maximum flying stat. This also applies for flying planes. I've tried numerous times to steal a jet which admittedly should be hard but not as crazy as it is on this, I got shot out of the sky while parachuting almost near the clouds by a tank! This level of accuracy also goes for the police who will not give up even on a 1* wanted level for at least 2 minutes, the tutorial says to hide in alleys to get away from them, but guess what as soon as you do this they pull up near you, get out their cars and start looking for you on foot.

I have been playing the online over the last 2 days and I can say I'm un-pleased with this aswell, I dont mind the constant bugs because I know so many people are on it and that its still got alot to work on. Your online character creation is horrendous and virtually impossible to make look like yourself or any human being for that matter. Rockstar also felt the need for each user to be allowed 5 online characters 2 of which are unlocked straight away, I doubt anyone will even use more than 2 character slots as you don't have special abilities or load outs for them and you may as well just play as one person and get there stats up as high as possible.

Overall I am very disappointing in the lack of enjoyment I got out of this game, If I was you I would rent before buying this game and even then with the price it is now just go and buy GTA4 as you will have more fun in every second,
  82. Oct 15, 2013
    This game was hyped for months as one of the best games of this generation, but I just can't see it. I bought the game based on a co-worker saying it was better than the Last of Us. Boy was he wrong. The story is so-so but I did like the three characters. However, GTA 5's gameplay is fun at first, but the fun wears off quick after you finish the story. In plain, it just gets boring. It was only entertaining for the 14 or so hours I played the story. After that, no motivation. Expand
  83. Oct 14, 2013
    At first this game might look like it's very amusing. But as soon as one finishes the storyline and most of the additional missions, it becomes boring at a pase much higher than other Grand Theft Auto games. It's just too overhyped.

Secondly, I'm having massive problems regarding Grand Theft Auto V: Online. First of all, there are still numerious people still unable to go online as they
    receive errors like "cloud servers unavailable" or "timed out locating session". Secondly, without forwarding ports and doing other crap you don't actually want to do, you'll be placed in an almost empty session with max. 4 players in the entire map. Thirdly, there are too many bugs in the online section regarding gameplay (getting kicked out of sessions, etc.).

In the end, this game is released too soon, is way overhyped and reviewers have proven to be once more subjective and typical sheep.
  84. Dec 23, 2013
    this game is the worst of gta world I never thought that this would be the worst of all gta, it's a completely a spend of money well, everyone does with his money what he pleases
  85. Sep 27, 2013
    I want to start out by saying this is a very good game. Overall, it is more enjoyable than GTA IV. However, I do not consider it as complete and as whole a game as Red Dead: Redemption.

It is much more engaging, beautiful, and overall less bleak than IV. The graphics (well as expected), models and world building are beautiful and well researched.
    The dialogue is overall much better and
    as are many characters (though anyone is compared to Niko).

I actually feel for Michael and his scum life, scum family and understand that is many ways, it is his fault for where he is in life, from his upbringing, to bringing up children in scum city USA and our new scum age. I legit feel sorry for him when that sad-dad music plays, but it feels anemic overall.

Our three characters are great, but feel spread thin and so does the world. Yes, it is an open world game, yes it is fantastic to explore and beautiful, and yes you can do everything from yoga to submarine exploration, to a triathlon, to a stripped-touching minigame, to robbing convenience stores.

It is just most of these things are utterly pointless and I will never do them again. The reward is either nothing (or arthritis in your dumb from the last 25 minute triathalon) or sooo largely incomparable to the prices in the rest of the world that they might as well give you nothing.

It feels like, to me, many aspects of the game are half-explored, half thought-out and don't sync with others. Heists are the most glaring example of this wasted potential. Properties are entirely useless. The only one you made a profit on is Trevor's airstrip after 12.5 missions on the plane and dune buggy, the next accessible one is Smoke on the Water for Franklin, which will earn off the initial price in about 22 weeks of in-game days. Or (assuming each save is 12 hours?) 308 times seeing Franklin go to bed, clicking past the save screen, seeing Franklin wake up..

I hear there is no reason at all to manage them, the weekly price doesn't change if you ignore them (except Trevor's I mentioned, which is mission based). There is one property that will take 5 YEARS of in game days to pay off (or 3650 saves)

I'm getting real tired of writing this review/rant, so I am just going wrap it up.

This is a well-made game, but not as much overall as RDR. This is a fun game, but the gunplay isn't as good as RDR and the driving is arcade-y and less rewarding than IV (you weren't breaking right people; don't handbreak, tap footbreak at the right moment!)

There is plenty to do, but outside of around or shooting cops, largely many of them are pointless mini-games, rewardless, or something you'll never repeat.
    This is an incredibly well-made game that feels like overall the peak of what this console generations technology can achieve, but also like parts of it were designed by committees that didn't network.

In closing I want to say that I really do enjoy this game and the characters are fun and interesting, but to me, this just isn't as complete a game as the most expensive video game ever developed should be like.

Maybe there is a chance a patch could fix the content that doesn't jive.

Also I am hoping these rumors of GTA Online being 7 dollars a month aren't true. I am just not willing to pay that, monthly fees, micro-transitions and MMOS encourage terrible, terrible behavior from developers.
  86. Sep 28, 2013
    An OK game. Nothing spectacular. As with many open world games, it becomes boring in a short while. Travelling from point A to B and watching cutscenes, that's how I would describe the gameplay. This is essentially GTA IV loaded with more features. If you weren't a fan of the previous games, don't buy this and expect it to be any different. If you were however, then you're gonna love it.
  87. Sep 22, 2013
    I appreciate the scale and extra content Rockstar has put into the game. It does feel like there is a lot to do, and it's making me slow down the pace of the story just to check stuff out. However, the story is kind of doing that already. It really doesn't flow well. The characters are ordinary in the previous games there were seriously funny characters and cutscenes, this feels like a fairly action film.

What it does it does well, driving and shooting is still fun, some of the race have been great, but for difficulty and longevity of the missions themselves, I'm feeling there is something missing. The missions are so short and have not yet been a challenge...

Great game as to be expected but they could have put more time in where the game needed it, rather than building a huge map, of which most of it you'll never see....
  88. Dec 9, 2013
    Zero replay value, forgettable characters, and less than astounding graphics puts this as one of my biggest wastes of money this year. The online is purely based on whoever is most popular getting all the teammates, and whoever exploited the replay function most. VGA GOTY? The world clearly doesn't have my taste in games.
  89. Sep 21, 2013
    The missions are varied and highly entertaining. They aren't all just repetitive shooting missions like in GTA 4. And there are some really cool heist missions.

The driving is fluid and fun, more like the driving in the PS2 games.
    The side activities like tennis, golf, shooting range are all very fun. Tennis is my favourite.
    There are many weapons and cars, and both are customizable.

There is a huge world to explore, with submarine, planes, bicycles and much more.
    Money is useful in this game, and it is fun to work your way up to millionaire status

GTA V is more like GTA San Andreas than GTA 4, I personally found GTA 4 disappointing but this game brought back the "fun factor". Everything is just excellent, whether your playing missions or just messing around, its super fun.

90. Sep 18, 2013
    GTA 5 is fantastic. It's well made, well written, looks great, and the huge world is a lot of fun to explore.

My main gripe is that it is completely derivative, lacking any innovation whatsoever. While switching between three characters is a great idea (and done well), the basic mechanics of the game are pretty much the same as every other sandbox title. As such, it feels like
    re-playing the same game, just with different missions.

Perhaps ironic then that such a "controversial" game has played it so safe.
  91. Oct 2, 2013
    This game really blew me away when I first started playing. The graphics, music selection, tight controls, insane level of detail, and some of the best satire I've ever experienced. The plot and story seemed interesting. Overall, everything about this game is pretty much top notch, except for the story. Its a decent story and has some interesting developments and twists, but in the end it wasn't satisfying. It started out strong, but just dragged on towards the middle and end. Also, the missions got pretty repetitive with the driving. It started to become a chore to play the game than fun. Overall, the social commentary is what makes this game amazing though. Its satire at its best and its so relevant to our modern day culture. Expand
  92. Oct 14, 2013
    Great single player, but wait for the actual real release on PC and next gen consoles. No reason to give Rockstar your money twice for the same product. The online aspect was released separately because the developer knew it was broken. Have some respect for yourself as gamers and go against broken games and pay to win, when you expect more you get more.
  93. Sep 18, 2013
    I figure I'd start at a 5 rating if the game was as good as its predecessor; then work up or down from there. If you’ve played the previous GTAs allot, then this game will feel much the same. Better controls, nicer graphics, more verity, and more realistic sound, but essentially the same. This of course is expected (it is a sequel to a very successful game that works on a proven formula) and welcome since it’s been quite a while since I’ve played a GTA game (it is foreign enough to enjoy again). That all said, it still has that clunky feel of old GTA games and it will grow mundane fairly quick if you’ve really played others in the line. If you’ve never played a GTA game then it’s an absolute must buy, otherwise; I’d recommend renting, borrowing, or buying at a reduced price later in the year. Expand
  94. Sep 19, 2013
    Let me start by saying that I have not finished this game yet, I am around a third of the way through the main missions, and completed some additional activities on the side.

Grand Theft Auto V is the story of 3 lead characters and their interwoven stories. Michael, Franklin and Trevor. The 3 character system is a great idea, and I can see the advantages from a story point of view.
    However, I feel that it simply isn't implemented as well as it could be, or as useful as some of the pre-release footage showed. Any mission I have played to date with multiple characters doesn't let you switch as much as I would like. Chasing a boat with Franklin and Michael was fun, But when Franklin boarded the boat, I wanted to control him, not follow the chase as Michael. Later in the same mission, I would have preferred to continue driving, instead of being forced to switch to the shooter. Maybe that seems like a minor gripe, but the more I have played, the more I see the switching system as an inconvenience. Missions that can only be completed by specific characters, property that has to be bought by the right character, and separate pools of cash and ammo.

The gameplay aside from switching is tight. Cars control well for the most part, cover and gun play are fun, and the tennis and golf activities play better than some full fledged sports titles I have had the misfortune of playing. But I still find myself getting bored. For such an expansive map there are wide areas of nothing. Mount Chiliad for example. Is massive, it looms large as you approach it, and the mountain base sprawls to cover an area not dissimilar to the area covered by Los Santos itself. But it is barren. I have flew over it a number of times, drove past it even more, and have no desire to go anywhere near it.

The game is technically very impressive, with no load screens in sight, however, the resulting frame-rate issues occasionally make me wish the game would have stopped for 10 seconds to finish what it was doing before letting me carry on. Graphically it's competent, it does what it sets out to do, and the explosions are very pretty, but graphics are not this games strongest asset.

The characters are, at least most of them. Most of the characters are well written, well voiced, and have their endearing aspects. At the same time, there are a handful of characters that have bit parts that you feel should be fleshed out more, perhaps I will see them again later in the game. However, I had read other reviews, and from what I was expecting, Trevor was supposed to be the favourite for the player, and Chop the dog was supposed to be a great leap in the 'dogs in games' movement that Peter Molyneux seems to have started.

But Trevor is just a scumbag, and not the funny kind that he should be, but just a straight out scumbag, his motivations are skewed in such a way that it's hard to empathise with him, when he does some of the things he does, you just wish he would stop. As far as Chop goes, I was forced to use him in one mission, which was painful to see included in a game of this calibre and haven't looked at him since, which makes the companion app redundant so far.

I feel like I am focusing too much on the negatives, but it's only because I had such hope and hype for this title, and 15 hours in, I am only still playing it because I have nothing else taking me away right now. (So much so that I am taking to writing a review on a site I have never written on before so that I have something else to do for a while)

It's a solid game, it has some brilliant moments, but just isn't what I was hoping for, and feels like a step in the wrong direction since GTA IV. Perhaps the game will prove me wrong by the time I reluctantly finish it. But right now it feels like there will be more monotony than joy to reach the end game
  95. Nov 11, 2013
    GTA V was the most overrated game of this year, this game is awesome, but gets boring when you've played for 3 weeks. The campaign was funny, the sound, the misions but the story is very predictable and turns bad when you´ve played games like The Last of Us, Bioshock Infinite, Halo, etc. The Multiplayer is full of activities to do, but if you aren't playing with friends the multiplayer gets repetitive and boring. This is my opinion, probably you will like this game, but when you play for a month, you will understand what I'm talking about Expand
  96. Oct 4, 2013
    I'm going to keep this shirt, sweet and to the point.

I did not enjoy GTA4, I found the storyline tedious and Nico Belik an empty shell In comparison to Claude Speed and Carl "CJ" Johnson.... Granted Franklin didn't ring my bell, but Michael and Trevor Phillips (especially "T") were tremendous. The game is pretty same as any other GTA game since 3, however the storyline, crude humour
    and engrossing side missionscharacters kept me giggling like a school girl from start to finish..... Time to develop the basic fundamentals of what made GTA, GTA I think guys, another title using the same control mechanism's and game dynamics isn't going to cut it..... Fun, laugh out loud humour, lacking in the gameplay department.... Enjoyable, not an instant classic, role on Dark Souls 2. Expand
  97. Oct 13, 2013
    Long time GTA fan, waited for this game for years and I was very disappointed.
    Don't get me wrong, I loved the story and the characters but once you finish the game you wish you hadn't.
    There's nothing fun to do, cops and enemies are way too accurate and kill you very easily. Rockstar could of easily down something different with police, non lethal ways to take you down (like tasers and
    mace?) Committing crimes are difficult which some may argue is more realistic but it takes away the fun. Escaping the police is easy, but takes a while for the stars to go away.

Stealth feels useless, no crouching, none of those minigames that some enjoyed in GTA 4, and no gambling.
    The city could of been a lot bigger while still having a big rural area, it feels like im just playing an HD texture pack of GTA: San Andreas.
    Also there weren't many heists.
  98. Oct 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. You know, GTA V being a very sensitive subject, I would just like to start by saying I am a huge fan of the franchise. Here's my two cents.

The loggerhead sea GTA V (Caretta caretta), or loggerhead, is an oceanic GTA V distributed throughout the world. It is a marine reptile, belonging to the family Cheloniidae. The average loggerhead measures around 90 cm (35 in) long when fully grown, although larger specimens of up to 280 cm (110 in) have been discovered. The adult loggerhead sea GTA V weighs approximately 135 kg (298 lb), with the largest specimens weighing in at more than 450 kg (1,000 lb). The skin ranges from yellow to brown in color, and the shell is typically reddish-brown. No external differences in gender are seen until the GTA V becomes an adult, the most obvious difference being the adult males have thicker tails and shorter plastrons than the females.

The loggerhead sea GTA V is found in the San Andreas, Liberty City Stories, and Vice City, as well as the Vice City Stories. It spends most of its life in and estuarine habitats, with females briefly coming ashore to lay eggs. The loggerhead sea GTA V has a low reproductive rate; females lay an average of four egg clutches and then become quiescent, producing no eggs for two to three years. The loggerhead reaches sexual maturity within 17–33 years and has a lifespan of 47–67 years.
  99. Nov 13, 2013
    Simply put, this game is overrated. Especially for me, the kind of player who likes to get sidetracked with killing sprees. The limitations on who you can attack, where you can go, what happens when you don't follow orders during a mission, and how often police descend upon you is rather stifling. In this regard, I had a great deal more fun in GTAIV and RDR. As far as missions and story goes, everything is feels like a big string of loosely-connected events, with little sense of progression or narrative structure. I'm sure things will pick up later in the game, but until then I have little motivation to play errand boy. Not to mention the initial story arc of having to "get enough money to pay for the big bad boo boo we made" is ridiculously stupid (in my opinion).

Anyway, note that this is only a part of my dislike for this game. I don't feel I should bother to explain myself any further, considering the number of other reviews you can read, and my perception of the validity of this site (which is very, very low), but yeah...thoroughly disappointing.
  100. Jan 4, 2014
    Gta V is a great game, you will play this game for much time, there is a lot of thing to do, it's also very funny and the graphics are amazing, you can choose a character to play and each one have different hobbies and personalities.

1. Nov 14, 2013
    The best way to bid farewell to the retiring consoles is to spend dozens of hours having fun in Los Santos: robbing, abusing illegal substances, breaking all laws and enjoying everything else that GTA V has to offer. And after we finish the game, we should all say loudly: ‘okay, Rockstar girls and boys, it’s high time to make a truly new GTA, not just a gigantic DLC’. [12/2013, p.36]
    GTA V fulfills the idea of a gaming sandbox, where you can entertain yourself in many different ways - and also experience a superbly written story of three gangsters, if you want. [Issue#234]
  3. Oct 16, 2013
    Gigantic and stupidly detailed, GTA V is everything we hoped it would be. Individual components could be a touch better, but when a game does literally everything, nobody can expect perfection across the board. That it even comes close is incredible. [Issue#236, p.62]