8.2

1. Oct 5, 2013
    Its a fun game but some aspects really annoy me, the main one is the framerate, some places i had to turn on the auto aim because i was wasting to much ammunition, maybe my console is getting old, the game has some bad textures what is ok since how BIG the map is, the driving is very sensible but good, some cars models are "indestructible" they dont take much damage compared with othersIts a fun game but some aspects really annoy me, the main one is the framerate, some places i had to turn on the auto aim because i was wasting to much ammunition, maybe my console is getting old, the game has some bad textures what is ok since how BIG the map is, the driving is very sensible but good, some cars models are "indestructible" they dont take much damage compared with others models, if you like to explore you will find several hours of fun otherwise you will get tired easily even doing the campaign. The multiplayer isn't working no matter how much i try. Expand
  2. Sep 18, 2013
    GTA5 is essentially what GTA4 should have been. However the gameplay grows boring after a while. And it got to the point that playing a psychopath senselessly killing people made me turn off the game. I'm sure it will please fans of the series but it definitely not GOTY like so many say
  3. Sep 23, 2013
    Quite possibly the most disappointing release I've ever experienced.

Quite possibly the most disappointing release I've ever experienced.

I could have easily given the game a 7 or 8 but after the hype of this thing its just pathetic. I have played every single GTA since the first one. This is the worst one ever made. Here's the main issue, this game is not fun... People can sit there emotionless and list all the "features" of the game but it can have it all it wants, it doesn't make the things your listing fun to do. The driving physics have been completely destroyed. You could be drving a SUV or a Ferrari, it doesn't make a difference at all. All the cars go extremely fast, and you don't even ever need to brake to go around a turn. Just let go of the gas and turn. Every vehicle is the same cartoonish ride. Its as if they've taken every single feature of previous games, ruined them, and then put them into the game. The unarmed combat system is destroyed. Shooting is the same as ever. I mean dear god... I thought GTA 4 was going to be my least favorite GTA game ever but... no sir. GTA 5 is a pointless shell of a game. The easiest way I can break this down for somebody who is looking at these reviews for the purpose of being actually concerned about the quality of the game, I can say this with 100% full confidence: Red Dead Redemption is a better game. Sleeping Dogs was better. and GTA 4 was better in my opinion as well. The only good thing about this game is the story is quite different for a while then previous GTA games, but quickly devolves into the same old stuff. This is really quite dissapointing for me as I can't really think of any other game company I like more than R*. They've made quite a few of my favorite games of all time. They just dropped the ball on this one to please the masses i guess. I really do not like this game... Its boring.

Now, when GTA online comes out that might be a little more "interesting" considering the way the game is designed. It seems like they may have sort of neglected the single player in a lot of areas in order to focus on the online element.
  4. Oct 6, 2013
    By far the worst online launch for a video game in the history of all online launches. If not being able to connect the first couple days and having a completely broken PS3 version, any progress that was made afterwards was met with having my character deleted. This is an open beta product and we were swindled into thinking this was a completed product.
  5. Sep 19, 2013
    Not even game of the year for PS3, that belongs to TLoU which is an original franchise. This has all been done before! With less glitching and pop-in. Dark Souls has way more challenge, gameplay, and more story for one character than GTA V has in its entirety!
  6. czg
    Sep 20, 2013
    This is a first impression review. I try to remain balanced, but hell, why shouldn't I just went it?...

In all honesty, I think this game is, well, a rather misplaced, overblown piece. I have played with GTA3, Vice City, GTA4, TBOGT, and I wonder: where is the writer who the characters of those games? Because the ones in this game are clearly inferior even to the mute protagonist of

I have played with GTA3, Vice City, GTA4, TBOGT, and I wonder: where is the writer who the characters of those games? Because the ones in this game are clearly inferior even to the mute protagonist of the good ol' 3.
    The humourless figures of Michael and Franklin are even more aggravated by the retarded brutishness of Trevor. IT IS NOT FUN to play a psycho, who is just, well, a psycho.

Then there are the controls and the difficulty curve. I am not a pro gamer, though neither a casual one. Simply, when I play a game I like to relax. However, in GTA5 you need constant retries to finish a mission from the beginning of the game. On Easy difficulty. I know, I'm lame, but y'see, there are people who play games for relaxation, as they have other things to do during their day. The game's difficulty curve is choppy, too.

And finally, that comes from the most expensive game ever?! Wow. It seems to me that the testers had to be all hardcore and most importantly, retarded GTA fans. It seems they and the production team have became so self-obsessed that no one considered that the game may need more, much more depth, and with an 18 y.o. PEGI rating it has to appeal to the adult gamers and not just to desensitised teens.

But, since I am also a film and 'story' fan, let me rant a bit more about the characters...
    The choice of playing three characters is a brave new innovation, so there's no mistake there. But they are kind of lacking... why? Well, Michael is the only one who you can consider balanced. Franklin could be okay, but his secondary buddies seem, again, simply retarded. Why would a smart kid like he continue to run with the ragged bunch of Lamar and the other retards? But all right, the two of them are just slightly inconsistent.
    However Trevor and his acquaintances are not. Trevor is a shallow bully, who only likes to hurt people, abuses all of his 'friends', who are, guess what, also poor, backwards and retarded people... Well, nice. Like we don't meet them in everyday life. The problem here is that since Trevor is an actual depiction of a real life thug (no empathy, selfish, deceitful, violent), his victims are really victims, and this offers no escape from reality and thus I feel inclined to turn off the console. Heck, if you watch Joe Pesci's psycho characters in Goodfellas and Casino, at least they get capped after 2 hours. But here, I am supposed to stick with a guy like that? For a 100 hours?! No, thanks.

Finally, a closing accord about, yes, women. I am no big feminist, but still, female characters are supposed to be better developed. Even in a game that 'embraces the thug masculinity', which is utter marketing BS anyway. Even if they are only on the supporting cast, they need to be more than what is in the game.

The visual execution is good, in times even flabbergasting, but there are serious problems with the game's spine or rather with its soul.
  7. Sep 23, 2013
    If GTA5 was an interactive screensaver I would give it a 10/10. However it's supposed to be a game.
    On one hand Dan Houser is quoted as saying that Rockstar North is committed to being true to themselves. On the other hand Dan is quoted as saying that they are making the games easier to control to expand their audience. I've always been a huge gta fan because the games have been fun and infinitely replayable. GTA5 is not fun. GTA5 is not replayable. 1 star wanted level for swearing at someone. Arcade vehicle physics a gorilla could master in 10 minutes. Cars that fall apart by just driving over gutters. The l1 camera is atrocious. Why does it pop out 2 metres from the car when driving in car. Am I expected to aim with this garbage? The bullets always hit the roof of the car in front of you and not the driver. It's like zero thought was put into the gameplay quality of the game, and sacrifices were made simply to make it more cinematic. I don't care if I can see the characters in the car when looking backwards. If i'm looking backwards I want to see what's behind me, not the inside of the car. The missions are too controlling and often that results in mission failure for strange reasons. Some missions hold your hand every step of the way and tell you what to do, while others have little or no information besides "stand on the yellow dot". Anyone giving this game a 10/10 is delusional in the extreme, or is not very good at most modern games. GTA5 should have been released for $2.99 on a tablet, and not full price on a console. There should be two main settings in every game. One for the people who know absolutely nothing and are happy to press one button at a time (the current state of GTA5), and one for the hardcore crowd who want a fully functional sandbox to play around in. R.I.P GTA.
  8. Sep 18, 2013
    One of the things I really liked about the GTA IV was driving with the cars and crashing them.... now in GTA V driving cars feels boring and unrealistic and when it comes to wrecking cars... I mean it feels like GTA 3 or san andreas. And that is why I hate this game 0/10.
  9. Jun 26, 2014
    Does Rockstar send someone to your house to beat you up if you give their game a low rating? Admittedly, the game shows some technical excellence in graphics and sound. But the characters are drab and lifeless, the "storylines" are cliche, and it's so chock-full of juvenile subject matter, it's a depressing commentary on the state of gaming.
  10. Sep 29, 2013
    Doesn't feel much different than GTA IV. Graphics are pretty outdated and the resolution is kinda low, gameplay is very much the same but the story is different and you have three characters to control this time around.

All in all, a good game but it doesn't innovate, just a different wrapping to a familiar game. Still fun wreaking havoc.
  11. Sep 25, 2013
    What could I possibly say? Nothing, really. I just need to add my solid 10 to the table. It's another GTA and it's the game everyone expects it to be. The only major difference is the possibility to change characters, which is something very fresh and works well. This game is gorgeous, fun, hilarious, crazy, creative, and even though it's only out for PS3 and XBOX players, I guess PCWhat could I possibly say? Nothing, really. I just need to add my solid 10 to the table. It's another GTA and it's the game everyone expects it to be. The only major difference is the possibility to change characters, which is something very fresh and works well. This game is gorgeous, fun, hilarious, crazy, creative, and even though it's only out for PS3 and XBOX players, I guess PC players should prepare themselves because this game running on a PC is going to be epic. I read something on the internet that perfectly defines GTA 5: "it is so realistic it is almost boring". It's pretty much it. Expand
  12. Sep 30, 2013
    I took my time before handing out a score. I didn't want to be like all the fans/antifans that gave the game 10 or 0, right at launch day. I finished the game now, and I took my time.
    Still, I had to give it a 10. I had a 9 marked, but at the end I had to admit it deserves a 10. I can't chose decimals, otherwise I would give it a 9.5
    The game is just awesome. I am no GTA fan. I played

The game is just awesome. I am no GTA fan. I played several of the GTA games, but didn't finish any of them. I prefered Saints Row 3, Prototype, and other games in this genre over any GTA. But GTA5 is a masterpiece.

I would give it a 9.5 because since I finished all the missions, even though the game is great, I am not having much fun anymore. But Since I can't give it a 9.5, there goes a well deserved 10
  13. Sep 29, 2013
    Pros:

- Most playable GTA yet in terms of combat mechanics - Lots of fun missions - Great graphics (for consoles) - Great voice acting - Well crafted world - Rockstar are putting real effort into the MP this time (we'll see how they do on Oct 1st) - Very funny writing Cons: - I don't know if it's because I'm a PC gamer and not used to console controls, however I still don't
    Pros:

- Most playable GTA yet in terms of combat mechanics
    - Lots of fun missions
    - Great graphics (for consoles)
    - Great voice acting
    - Well crafted world
    - Very funny writing

Cons:

- I don't know if it's because I'm a PC gamer and not used to console controls, however I still don't think the combat is all that great, close combat sucks, it's hard to work out where people are also as often they're not shown on the mini map.
    - Stealth sucks, you cannot stealth anywhere with it really, again enemies don't have a cone of vision or often not on the mini map so it's hard to see where to stealth, the animation is also crap, hard to tell if you're even in it.
    - Radios suck
    - Lack of interiors
    - World feels smaller than they were claiming
    - The story is weak, it's not very well paced and individual character stories seem to end very quickly
    - Poor supporting characters, GTA 4 had Brucie and Packie who were amazing, GTA V doesn't really have anyone who is memorable, even GTA SA had a much better cast.
    - Damage is toned down, vehicles don't deform like they did in GTA 4
    - The driving physics are a step down from 4 IMO
    - You die too easily now, it's no fun to crash your car to destroy it or to run around causing chaos because you cannot take much damage any more.
    - Shooting from vehicles sucks, too hard to tell where you're aiming half the time.
    - Vehicles do not catch on fire to give you a warning when to bail anymore, they just randomly explode, again this makes it unfun to try to see how much damage you can cause to your vehicle.
    - slightest shunts can destroy a wheel making the car impossible to drive.

etc etc.

This is by far the world GTA released relative to the time released, it really doesn't feel much of an evolution over GTA 4, it's worse in some cases, I just expected more 5 years later than just better graphics.

There are many more good and bad points, I'm just listing the ones that spring to mind.
  14. Oct 16, 2013
    Perfect in every way I can easily find myself lost in this enormous world in the months to come. My only complaint would be that it really wasn't challenging enough and the ending could've had more thought put into it. Too simple for my taste, but really it's insignificant when compared to the rest of what the game offers. Current gen games can't get better than GTA V. Rockstar outdidPerfect in every way I can easily find myself lost in this enormous world in the months to come. My only complaint would be that it really wasn't challenging enough and the ending could've had more thought put into it. Too simple for my taste, but really it's insignificant when compared to the rest of what the game offers. Current gen games can't get better than GTA V. Rockstar outdid themselves once more Expand
  15. Jan 7, 2014
    This is just quite simply a remarkable achievement in gaming and one of the best ways for the PS3 to bow out.

I could go on for hours about the look and feel of the game (driving along with them skylines is just incredible), how good the characters (Trevor is my favorite without a doubt) but its the overall scope of the game that makes it so immersive. It could have been a huge downfall combining so many different aspects into one game but even the mini games like golf and tennis play better then other games that are devoted to just that sport.

I cannot wait to see what Rockstar do on the PS4, very well done to them.
  16. Oct 23, 2013
    I've completed 80% of all the challenges this game offers, and got the achievement for exploring all of the map. I was quite underwhelmed by the story. I expected something fresh. Like a sudden china town mission or catching a whale or something. But it stayed way within the GTA formula, using some non-exceptional settings spread around the map, and it never felt like anything was reallyI've completed 80% of all the challenges this game offers, and got the achievement for exploring all of the map. I was quite underwhelmed by the story. I expected something fresh. Like a sudden china town mission or catching a whale or something. But it stayed way within the GTA formula, using some non-exceptional settings spread around the map, and it never felt like anything was really at stake.

The shooting mechanics are not deserving of a game world of this caliber. You can read about that before you buy the game if it matters to you.

The side missions were often more 'wacky-fun' than the main ones, and they made me like the game more. The best thing about GTA V is the satire, which is uniquely expansive and cynical. Oh and the soundtrack might be the best GTA soundtrack ever. So many lyrics that comment on the game. So many hidden gems from recent music history.

The worst thing about the game (GTA games infamously have one element that sucks) was diving for collectibles. Outside of the main missions, I spent one full hour diving for 30 x 'nuclear waste' and it might have been the most boring fetch quest I've ever played.

I've played the game for about 40 hours and I could still keep playing it for more achievements, not mentioning Online which is 'acceptable' despite crazy loading times and often mediocre sessions. A game that ticks all the right boxes but nonetheless plays like yesteryear's. A bit like a really big Fifa game with a new campaign and new amazing stadiums. It could just benefit from a game-changer, like when planes were introduced.

All in all, a very polished and ambitious GTA game. Maybe the most ambitious, and certainly the most expansive and detailed. But also the one where each gameplay element doesn't feel as rewarding as back in the old days of difficult gameplay.
  17. Jun 26, 2014
    I have considered that playing essentially the same game over and over has worn thin, or maybe it just isn't fun at all. We'll see how I feel when it comes out on PC.
  18. May 11, 2014
    Story:
    Story:
    What's unique about GTA 5 compared to any other open world action game is having 3 main protagonist come together in this engaging and branching storyline. You start off as Michael, a retired bank robber whose life is now miserable thanks to his family. Then there's Franklin, a former street hustler who's trying to escape the hood and make some good cash, but his friends keep bringing him back into trouble. Finally, there's Trevor, Michael's old Canadian friend and a guaranteed psychopath. You never know what he'll do next thanks to his explosive personality. All the other supporting characters (Lester, Lamar, Michael's family, etc.) are also interesting with their own stories as well. Thanks to some excellent dialogue and voice acting, all these characters really come to life, especially Trevor's character. Steven Ogg does an incredible job as Trevor. As for the plot, Rockstar does a great job branching the plot between these 3 characters. There are some twist here and there, there is an interesting backstory with Michael and Trevor, and it's cool seeing how all 3 protagonist meet up and get forced into all these missions. This is by far some of Rockstar's best storytelling yet. 10/10

Gameplay:
    It's your classic GTA gameplay with the added feature of special abilities for all 3 characters. Michael can slow down time while shooting, Franklin can slow down time while driving, and Trevor can go into "rampage" mode and deal double damage while taking half damage. The biggest highlight of the SP is definitely the heist missions which reminded me a lot of Payday 2. The new in-game stock market is a nice way of earning some extra money on the side. The driving here is significantly better than GTA 4's realistic driving. Now it's back to the classic driving that's fast and sometimes out of control (in a good way). The shooting is still the same as in GTA 4, There are more weapons this time around to play with, San Andreas's skill system returns, and the map is way larger than liberty city. The only complaint I had was that the cops were too annoying at times. Overall, Rockstar did a great job improving on the classic GTA gameplay while adding some new things in as well. Also, the strip club here is vastly superior to any other video game strip club ever made ;). 9/10

Graphics:
    The game looks good on consoles (could look way better on PC), but I noticed some pop-ins that happened at times, and the frame rate also occasionally dropped when the action was heating up fast. Oh if only there was a PC version. 7/10

Sound:
    All the gunshots, car sounds, and city sounds are really good, but the biggest shocker to me was how good the soundtrack was compared to GTA 4. The radio soundtrack contains rock, punk, pop, old school rap, hip-hop, techno, and other varieties of genres to choose from. I personally really like the rock, techno, pop, rap, and hip-hop stations (beats Russian stuff). Great job Rockstar on getting better music this time around. 9/10

Multiplayer:
    This is where everything falls apart. The Online was not only broken at launch (R* should've prepared for the high amount of traffic on their servers better), but the Online gets repetitive fast. after the tutorial, you're off to do missions, races, deathmatches, parachuting, and capture (CTF) jobs to make $ and rank up (level cap is technically 1000, but you stop unlocking items at 120). You can also try to interact with the other 15 players on the map, but most of them will just shoot you on sight for no reason (luckily, passive mode will help you as it makes you ignore player fire). Besides jobs, there's not much to do in GTA online. But there are some REALLY frustrating things about the multiplayer: The cops are more annoying here than in SP (their search times can take up to 1 MINUTE), most of the missions are fetch missions, the auto-aim makes shooting others more easier than in Call of Duty, and all the exploits (money and RP glitches) and hackers broke the game's economy and competitive circuit even more. To top it all off, R* SEVERELY reduced the amount of $ and RP you get from missions, making the game a chore to level up if you're an "all legit" type of player. This is still better than GTA 4's multiplayer, but because of the way R* marketed this, GTA Online is a MASSIVE disappointment. 5/10

Verdict: GTA 5 has an amazing single player mode with a disappointing multiplayer mode. The graphics are good, the soundtrack is great, and the mission variety is large (with most of them being entertaining to play). If not for the mediocre Online mode, GTA 5 could've been a perfect 10. But just like with Far Cry 3 and the Tomb Raider reboot, a weak multiplayer is what ruins the whole package.

Rating: 9/10.
  19. Oct 7, 2013
    This game has everything we want from an open-world game. It took in all the merits from GTA series and RDR into one great game. Anybody who rates this game below a 7 is just trolling and doing it for the sake of pulling down the rating.
  20. Feb 15, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V Review:
    Pros/ Good Points:
    Grand Theft Auto V Review:
    Pros/ Good Points:
    + One of the biggest, most detailed and alive worlds ever created. Heists are amazing, with the developers letting you choose who to go with and how to do it. Diverse and completely fun missions. Character switching is an exceptional addition. A way more "consumer friendly" driving, and tons of customization. Cousins don't call you to go bowling. It has a lot of activities to chose from in the free time. Weapon wheel. Top-notch voice acting. Great flying controlls. Frame rate rarely drops. A long and enjoyable single-player campaign, but also a ton of side quests. Online is really fun with friends/ crew. Impressive graphics, not the best, but still very impressing. The sound of weapons, walking, sea and many others feel correct. Great Trophy list. Outstanding Ocean and what is to be found in it's depths. Mostly bug free during the whole experience.
    Cons/ Bad Points:
    - Though the missions are really fun, the story is weak and not very interesting. Really weak female characters. Controls haven't improved a lot. The Original Score is weak and only has a few good themes in it. The animals and hunting in the game barely gets atenttion, which is really wasted potentiall. No Animals in Online. The Online portion of the game has a lot more content than the singleplayer. Buggy and no heists at the launch of GTA Online.
    Final Thoughts and Score:
    Grand Theft Auto V was the most anticipated game of recent times. Unfortunately it doesn't fully deliver on it's promise. Some weak narrative and not very improved controlls make the game fail to achieve greatness, however, Grand Theft Auto V is a technical achievement and a worth playing game.
    Average Score: 8.8/10
    For Assassin's Creed Reviews go to:
  21. Jan 21, 2015
    This is another evolved big franchise in fast changing game industry. If you're an old GTA fan, don't expect too much from this title. It's lighter, thinner, shorter and easier than its predecessors. On the other hand game's production quality is unquestionable and it has the best interactive story mechanic in series. Story is realistic and entertaining. And it works well with newThis is another evolved big franchise in fast changing game industry. If you're an old GTA fan, don't expect too much from this title. It's lighter, thinner, shorter and easier than its predecessors. On the other hand game's production quality is unquestionable and it has the best interactive story mechanic in series. Story is realistic and entertaining. And it works well with new multi-character system but too short for me. Shooter mechanics is okay and challenging if you turn off auto aim. (but don't expect RDR or GTA 4 mechanics) Game world is huge. But after 3 hours of gameplay it feels lifeless. Game map has no role on game progression. All parts of map are accessible. Almost all vehicles are presented from beginning of the game. And there is no more "i'll unlock other side of the map" motivation. Last and disappointing part of the game is driving mechanics. I think Rockstar tried to grab NFS and Midnight Club players with new car physics but i am out their scope. This game has too many casual design elements when compared to old GTA games. Non of these elements bothered me except driving. Driving the fastest car of the game nearly feels same as driving the slowest one (steering experience). If you're not obsessed with old game mechanics like I am, i guarantee you'll enjoy with this high quality experience. PS 4 version has stunning visuals and FPS mod. I advice PS 4 version if you really want to pay for this game. Expand
  22. Sep 25, 2013
    I hope most publishers take notes of this, if you make a game with great quality and giving developers sometime to accomplish it this is what happens.
  23. Jan 5, 2014
    The best GTA since San Andreas. The city of Los Santos is an incredible place, and is really the greatest world ever created in a game. But GTA IV had a great story, and that is what is lacking in GTA V. I felt that the story was a bit forced, as when Michael destroys the home of tennis coach and eventually gets back to the assaults to make money, and from there the story involves well,The best GTA since San Andreas. The city of Los Santos is an incredible place, and is really the greatest world ever created in a game. But GTA IV had a great story, and that is what is lacking in GTA V. I felt that the story was a bit forced, as when Michael destroys the home of tennis coach and eventually gets back to the assaults to make money, and from there the story involves well, but I really did not like the beginning and the end of the game actually, I hope they come up with a better ending next time, it was not bad, but it was nothing special either. The multiplayer is really good, but it constantly failing, but is actually a multiplayer that has never been done in any GTA game. Rockstar promised varied activities, but still does not reach the point of San Andreas, and even when we go out with friends, there is almost nothing to do with them. Overall I think it's the second best GTA game, and for me I would place it in number four on my list of Game of the Year 2013. Expand
  24. Jan 9, 2014
    Brief Summary (Can’t comment on online play as my internet is crap)
    +Lots of content
    +Great characters +Interesting World +Huge Improvement over GTA 4 (though in my opinion that isn’t saying much) +Fantastic Game Play ?Mixed Story -Repetitive at times -Perhaps GTA is lacking originality Overall I would definitely recommend this game it is a lot of fun. However I feel that it
    Brief Summary (Can’t comment on online play as my internet is crap)
    +Lots of content
    +Great characters
    +Interesting World
    +Huge Improvement over GTA 4 (though in my opinion that isn’t saying much)
    +Fantastic Game Play
    ?Mixed Story
    -Repetitive at times
    -Perhaps GTA is lacking originality

Overall I would definitely recommend this game it is a lot of fun. However I feel that it doesn’t play well enough, in order to definitely steal the Sandbox crown, as GTA 5 doesn’t completely over-shadow its competition SR4 and Sleeping Dogs.

Full Review
    Perhaps the best thing about GTA 5 is how much of an improvement it is over it’s, in my opinion, terrible predecessor. Variety in the world; good customisation with barbers, tattoo shops, west coast customs; the ability to buy property; good driving mechanics etc. all make a lovely return. As a result of such polish, combined with really good graphics, make GTA 5 a very immersive game, in which you can spend at least 40 hours playing through the story and interesting side activities, while never looking back.

The second greatest thing, in my opinion about GTA 5, is that of the amount of variety, of things to do besides the main missions. From interesting side mission that involve you doing crazy stuff like chasing down ‘illegal’ (they are not actually illegal) immigrants; to tonnes of vehicle types, from cars, bikes, helicopters, planes, boats, even a submarine (though it isn’t that good). While dating has been removed, mini-games are still present like shooting gallery (my favourite), tennis (bit easy), golf, parachuting etc. help to make it so the lack of dating isn’t an issue. Furthermore the internet actually is worthwhile in GTA 5, as you can buy cars, boats and even make money on the stock market through your phone/ a laptop. All this helps to break the monotony that in my opinion has been the Achilles heel of the GTA franchise.

The third best thing about GTA 5 is the new features, in particular the introduction of three characters, as oppose to the tried and tested one. This bold move by Rockstar, in my opinion is really well executed, as each character tells a different story. Franklin is the hard-worker criminal desperately tiring to break it in the criminal world. Michael is the depressing family man struggling to live life in retirement. And of course there is Trevor, the psychopathic killer who takes no crap from anyone and who is unpredictable. Some have criticised these characters for not being that relatable or likeable. While the latter is true at times e.g. in particularly Michael who never stops complaining. That said though, I feel it works to the games advantage that the characters aren’t relatable, as it makes their actions more impactful, as you develop a love hate relationship with them in particular Trevor. What is also good is how, for the most part, you can switch between each character at any time, and they each have their own money, guns, skills etc. All these plus points in combination with the solid cover and shoot combat system, taken from Red Dead, make GTA 5 easily one of the games of the year.

Now we get to the story. This is perhaps where GTA 5 begins to lose some ground. Now please note I am not saying it is a bad story, in fact there are some really interesting moments, in particular the revelation of the back story between Trevor and Michael. Likewise the choices throughout the missions, in particular the heist mission, further help make the story more impactful, as it prevents you from feeling you are just killing the same genetic enemies, something which I feel plagued GTA 4. BUT, I would say that the first two endings A and B and rather poor, so I would definitely pick option C. Furthermore what makes the story mediocre for me is how by the middle part of the game you are working for the F.B.I, which for me kills the emotion because it means that the story doesn’t focus on the conflict between the characters. And unfortunately this section I feel is made way too long.

However in my opinion the biggest issue with GTA 5 is its lack of originality. This can be seen by how a lot of the apparently new features, that aren’t in GTA 4, are taken straight from GTA San Andreas/Vice City. This includes the upgrading system, planes, the customisation mechanics, the variety of terrain, the ability to buy property and earn money of them etc. All this repeating of content makes the core components of the game feel a little too familiarly. I guess what I am trying to say here is that the game lacks originality in my opinion, and is certain silenced by its competition in Sleeping Dogs and SR4 in terms of originality. However this doesn’t ruin the game by any means as there is still hours of fun gameplay to be had. I only wish that for the next instalment of the franchise that Rockstar push the boat out a bit more.
  25. Sep 27, 2013
    THE SINGLE MOST HONEST REVIEW YOU'LL READ

GTA V is one of the best games ever made, but it is not perfect. Since this is the PS3 version review section, let's compare it to another possible game of the year, The Last of Us. To see every single corner of TLOU being so well thought and detailed was amazing and people must understand that to make those incredible details it takes a lot of
    THE SINGLE MOST HONEST REVIEW YOU'LL READ

GTA V is one of the best games ever made, but it is not perfect.
    Since this is the PS3 version review section, let's compare it to another possible game of the year, The Last of Us. To see every single corner of TLOU being so well thought and detailed was amazing and people must understand that to make those incredible details it takes a lot of money and a lot of incredibly talented people. With that been said, GTA V, in every corner, has that uniqueness.
    Everything has been reworked from GTA IV incorporating some of the traits of Red Dead Redemption, Max Payne, Manhunt.
    Ok, that was the basic approach of Rockstar. Grand Theft Auto was never great for the story they told. Grand Theft Auto will never have the same level of emotional connection with the player like The Last of Us or Heavy Rain. But that is not a bad thing. With it's three characters, Rockstar tried to do exactly what Resident Evil 6 tried, diversify the boring gameplay of its predecessor (everyone knows GTA IV was basically "go-kill-comeback"). Now, GTA V is "go-dosomething-comeback". If you liked GTA IV's version of driving fidelity, you're gonna be disappointed, cause everything is way easier when it comes to cars. Shooting is easy and responsive, exactly like Max Payne 3's. Now let's get back to what really matters.

If you're reading this deciding to buy GTA V, here's what you need to ponder.
    Do you care about story? What kind of story? Do you want to connect with the characters or just have a little laugh here and then?
    If you're looking for deep, emotional story, GTA V is not for you
    Do you like complex characters? Or you rather have them all figured out from the gate?
    If you like predictable characters. GTA V is for you. (ps: that is not a bad thing, it's just a way to the a story. If you like Harry Potter, to Lord of the Rings, to Batman, most of its characters are predictable)
    Do you like possibilities? The ability to do the same thing in a variety of ways?
    If so, GTA V is your game.
    Do you care for multiplayer online?
    GTA Online will be a huge part of GTA V and it looks awesome.
    Do you have enough money to buy every single game you want to have?
    If you have enough money for one game. GTA V is your game.
    Why?
    It has everything.
    It's a shooter, with a fun yet sometimes a little shallow story, it's a racing game, a tennis game, a golf game, it's got everything from flying and skydiving to riding a submarine, from playing darts to banging hookers. You can buy cars, jets, boats, bikes, stocks, bars, movie theaters.
    If you're a looking for the perfect metaphor for a game like GTA, you can find it in RPGs.
    GTA never wanted to be ONE thing, a wizard or a warrior, GTA tries to be everything, never being perfect in those things, but they have such talented people, time and a lot of money to be very, very good in those things.
    So if you, like some people like to do, strip it down and analyze it piece by piece, GTA V probably will get poor grades. It is a lousy tennis game, a pathetic racing game...but GTA V is not anyone of those things. We are limited by the technology and the market to have a perfect game.
    There will never be a game with open world meticulously created, that is also the biggest map ever, with deep, complex characters, living the greatest story ever told, while also being a Gran Turismo when you get a car, a Battlefield when you pull your gun...it is impossible.
    GTA V is a game that does nothing perfect, but trying to do everything it creates its own category, and even if it doesn't succeed at being perfect, it is so well thought and made, such care was put in every detail, that every other game could learn from it. GTA V is a 10/10 not because it is perfect, but because its flaws are the gap between genres. GTA V can be the single point from where all the other games branch out in a single direction and the others that try to compare and be everything just can't match this level of care.
  26. Sep 30, 2013
    no more no less than the best open world video game of all times. nuff said.

no more no less than the best open world video game of all times. nuff said.
  27. Jan 12, 2014
    GTA V is one of the most technologically advanced games on the PS3. The game is endlessly fun and exciting. The setting is huge and beautiful and the characters are wacky and fun. GTA V's story is fun and the heist missions are exciting and the overall plot is well executed and almost flawless. The mechanics are tight and responsive and feel like the perfect combination of Rockstar's gamesGTA V is one of the most technologically advanced games on the PS3. The game is endlessly fun and exciting. The setting is huge and beautiful and the characters are wacky and fun. GTA V's story is fun and the heist missions are exciting and the overall plot is well executed and almost flawless. The mechanics are tight and responsive and feel like the perfect combination of Rockstar's games since GTA IV. The game's ambient music is nice and the radio library is larger than ever. The addition of a Smartphone in the game and the great connection the game has with Rockstar's Social Club makes the game all the more fun. GTA Online, although buggy at first is a lot of fun to play, especially with friends. However, robbing gas stations and participating in races and deathmatches does get old after awhile. When online heists arrive, that will be when GTA Online will live up to its potential. As for now, GTA V is an amazing game and a true testament to the powers of the PS3 and Xbox 360. Rockstar is by far the best AAA video game publisher around. Expand
  28. Oct 3, 2013
    Taking in game pictures is in cloud servers that are periodically dead, on-line was postponed to 1.10 and three days later is a total mess, cars are disappearing from garage, in-game payment for faster boosting characters in multiplayer (one would think that 1 billion dollars would be enough to skip that part)... A lot of problems but all of them are covered with magical cure- marketingTaking in game pictures is in cloud servers that are periodically dead, on-line was postponed to 1.10 and three days later is a total mess, cars are disappearing from garage, in-game payment for faster boosting characters in multiplayer (one would think that 1 billion dollars would be enough to skip that part)... A lot of problems but all of them are covered with magical cure- marketing (i.e. payments to gaming reviewing sites) is more expensive than game it self. GTA5 is great game but it is not perfect, unless someone thinks that so many problems are perfectly acceptable.
    I have preordered game, payed premium price and now I am wasting my time working as beta tester for Rockstar. Wow, that is amazing.
    I had similar experience with sim city 5 but that was widely covered in gaming media, and we were all angry how could they take money from us and not providing us good service. A little advice to EA and Blizzard- next time give more money to reviewing sites and your games will get much better scores, including Diablo 3 and Sim City 5.
    And concerning rockstar- next time I will skip preorder and instead buy second hand copy from some frustrated owner for less money.
  29. Oct 3, 2013
    GTA5 Is a great game with hours of entertainment. But to be honest it is highly overrated. The main story I personally found very fun, I was unable to put the controller down. But after completion of the 9-12 hour or so main story I found myself quickly bored. And resorted to mainly going on homicidal rampages through the streets of Los Santos. Don't get me wrong there are plenty of sideGTA5 Is a great game with hours of entertainment. But to be honest it is highly overrated. The main story I personally found very fun, I was unable to put the controller down. But after completion of the 9-12 hour or so main story I found myself quickly bored. And resorted to mainly going on homicidal rampages through the streets of Los Santos. Don't get me wrong there are plenty of side missions. But after a while or so of racing or playing tennis or golf or even sky diving it becomes repetitive and dull. The map I also had a problem with its very big. But its like a desert. Large an expansive with little to do besides hunt or screw around which gets boring quickly it would have been cool to see the two other cities from GTA:SA return instead of the empty no mans land.(Casino heists anyone?) GTA5 Online is also a total mess(For the time being). But after finally getting to play I was having a lot of fun. The activities are much more fun with other players. The game modes are also very unique and fun. My favorite being crooked cop. But the death matches are very stale and boring. GTA5 online is supposed to have content added regularly Im hoping that they release content that is original and fun. And hopefully does not get repetitive. GTA5 online right now is basically a 16 player lobby for mini games that can be found in the main game but has a lot of room to expand. Im looking forward to see how it does so. As for the log in issues. Its typical for a game this size and will probably be fixed with in the week. No worries. All in all GTA5 has been a fun experience this far. I was hoping for a little bit more. as im already getting bored. But I Highly recommend it if your looking for a game to play. Its a very fun experience with a lot of amazing moments and the online side also adds more entertainment. But if your looking for a game like Skyrim where you will be playing for months. This isn't it. I'm predicting this ends up like GTA:4 over-hyped and everyone forgets it in two months. But besides that fun game. Definitely worth the 60 dollars not worth all the hype. Expand
  30. Oct 16, 2013
    I really enjoy playing this game, and it does deserve a 10, but due to major AI problems, spawn problems and horrible police AI it simply cannot get a pefect score.
  31. Jan 9, 2014
    GTA V is a sandbox for adults! One GREAT game, for sure. You absolutely get your moneys worth!!!
    A MUST OWN for any gamer...
    I love the story and characters that have musch more to them then in any other GTA I have played before.
  32. Nov 7, 2013
    I was excited when I got the game, however, I played it and after around 15 hours of game play, it doesn't feel very different from the previous title. Missions, game play and driving feels pretty much the same, and I understand there are other features that were never there before, but they don;t feel very appealing to me as a casual player. i understand more dedicated players, orI was excited when I got the game, however, I played it and after around 15 hours of game play, it doesn't feel very different from the previous title. Missions, game play and driving feels pretty much the same, and I understand there are other features that were never there before, but they don;t feel very appealing to me as a casual player. i understand more dedicated players, or players with more specific tastes are thrilled, but I am very often thinking about t wanting to play something else and I stall that because I want to finish this game story line first. Good game, but not the best of all times for my taste and this is just a personal opinion. Expand
  33. Nov 7, 2013
    GTA V is a great game in single player. The story is great, the characters are well developed and the missions aren't as repetitive as in previous installments and are more diverse. There is also a lot to do on the side. GTA online however is a different story. While there is a lot to do, leveling up and making money is more of a grind and does get old. Add to that, whenever you areGTA V is a great game in single player. The story is great, the characters are well developed and the missions aren't as repetitive as in previous installments and are more diverse. There is also a lot to do on the side. GTA online however is a different story. While there is a lot to do, leveling up and making money is more of a grind and does get old. Add to that, whenever you are randomly killed by some other player you lose money, it makes grinding much more grueling. Until opportunities to make big money from heist become available look to grind many many hours to get anywhere in this game. Expand
  34. Dec 31, 2013
    Only GTA game Ive actually played from start to finish. The fact that you had to use three different characters made it really refreshing and really kept me interested and invested in their story lines. Of course theres still the minor glitches here and there, but honestly, the game is so good that it doesnt even matter. Loved it! Bravo Rockstar!
  35. Jan 6, 2014
    The best game of the year 2013 for me.

This game is a lesson of open world for each video game developer who wants to touch this genre. The story is excellent and the controls have been improved compared to GTA 4. The ability to switch between 3 characters when you want is also very impressive. The only weak point is the online mode but I have not bought the game to play online initially.
  36. Mar 28, 2014
    Good game, felt a bit short for its own good especially compared to the previous titles (San Andreas, being my favorite). It almost felt easy too, outside of the final mission there was really no difficult missions like there was in the previous installments. Game play is solid, characters are good but the story is lacking compared if you compare it to the previous titles but it gets alotGood game, felt a bit short for its own good especially compared to the previous titles (San Andreas, being my favorite). It almost felt easy too, outside of the final mission there was really no difficult missions like there was in the previous installments. Game play is solid, characters are good but the story is lacking compared if you compare it to the previous titles but it gets alot better once you get toward the end and more into Trevor and Michael's "complex" friendship. I liked Franklin, I liked the idea of him as sort of a "protege" to Michael and Trevor. Overall, it was a good game not as good as I expected but still a good game. Expand
  37. Jan 7, 2014
    brilliant game, it is worth good money, but not too much money. free roaming in los santos and blaine county
    is really fun but you need to complete 1 or 2 of the heists before you can have some money-spending, car-exploding fun. what is bad is the police are sooooo mean in this game. if you look at a police officer for too long, the officer will shoot you! if you explode your own car in this game, cops. also, hospital bills cost way too much. overall, the cops were more generous in gta 4, but the graphics in gta 5 are the most amazing graphics i have ever seen! and the missions are fun, the choice of 3 characters is a nice addition
    and open-world gameplay is better than ever. grand theft auto 5 is a new gta game with near endless possibilities, the only annoyances are the cops and the hospital bills...
  38. Jan 10, 2014
    This game is simply THE BEST GAME EVER, and I am talking about everything here from graphics to gameplay. once you finish the story mode the game becomes boring but who needs the story mode when you can play ONLINE with your friends.

The choices in online mode are endless, you can play absolutely anything in this game if you like racing, deathmatches, parachuting , survivals ... etc and of course the freemode where you can just go goof around with your friends in the huge city of Los Santos killing people, players, robbing stores and of course running away from the police . what IF you didn't like the maps created by Rockstar Games or got bored of playing the same maps over and over again ? guess what ! you can create your own deathmatch or race !! and if people liked it and gave it a high rating it will become certified.

Whoever says this game is boring definitely didn't try playing online .
  39. Jun 25, 2014
    Wow, standards are slipping...fast.

Wow, standards are slipping...fast.

First let me say I Loved Almost all previous iterations of this once great series, but GTA V is by far an away the most disappointing. The graphics are average at best ( cutscenes are even worse ) and the map while large isn't very dense, in terms of both mini games and Easter eggs which made exploring enjoyable, now we're left with few mediocre side missions and virtually no reward for completing them. The story while enjoyable is short lived and certain characters aren't haven't had personalities developed for them, namely Franklin and Michael. Driving is fun but able to flip vehicles and control in the air makes no sense and shooting is bad, GTA 4 Shooting was much better, hand to hand combat is garbage and rockstar have no excuse for this since rock star made the warriors ( PS2/PSP ) which had fantastic combat and good stealth mechanics as well. The ocean area which makes up a FIFTH of the map is a waste of memory space, but would make for a good dynamic background. The single player was very underwhelming but the online makes its look like a masterpiece by comparison. Only 16 player on such a large map is stupid, and is poorly developed, hence the bad scores for gta online, and the fact pay outs are so low, most players get bored quickly, and activities vary from average to rubbish, and rockstars clear focus on online over single player is frustrating for long time fans. The euphoria physics, yep you guessed it are worse than Gta 4.

Let's Hope rockstars next installment in the GTA Series is Fantastic like previous gta games.
  40. Feb 13, 2014
    This game has a perfect plot, perfect ambientation and a perfect music with well-built characters. On the other hand, graphics could have been better; also the maps feels empty after 100% accomplishment; there should me more usable spaces (Casino, Theatre, Bars, Skyscrapers).

It is definitely a MUST.
  41. Mar 13, 2014
    This is a great game and I would otherwise give it a 10 but remind me why a game that started out on the PC now is released 6 months later for the platform it started on...
  42. Jun 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've played almost every iteration of grand theft auto, along with most other Rockstar games, so I get what they are supposed to be like. Open-world, gang drama, drugs, alcohol, prostitutes and humour are what I consider these games to be about. This game had all that, but in a weird way.

Now I'll just say I loved the first third of this game, but after that it just got annoying and repetitive. As soon as you start working with what is supposed to be the CIA or FBI, it all goes to **** I wanted to be pulling heists and bringing in cash a lot, which you do a few times, but then you have to do missions for this organization for the bulk of the game and the story gets lost in something else.

The ending was pretty fun though and I liked how there was some selection as to how you would like it to go, even if I thought Michael was the main character the whole time and it should of been his decision.

Now on to what there is to do and see. Everyone said this map was the biggest ever and was going to be amazing. I will agree there is a lot to see and do, but it's not really that impressive when a lot of it is just mountains and grass. I mean If you weren't gonna make the city a little bigger at least make the other side cities larger or make another city the size of the original one on the opposite end of the map. Just Cause 2 has a map that's likely four times larger than this, and the tiny city in that game is likely as big as the city portion of this game.

All of the side quests are fun to do, but kind of take you out of the reality of the game. All of the hobbies are boring after you play them once or twice. I think Rockstar wanted this to be the be all, end all open-world game and they added a lot, but forgot in other areas. I believe this game should of been just single-player with the online coming out at a different date and being made by another studio.

The graphics are sub-par, there's tons of frame rate issues and the line of sight is so small and extremely noticeable while flying. The best thing this game has going for it is the voice acting and how the vehicles drive.

I'll recommend this game to people who are fans of the series, but if you are new to open-world games or this series just get San Andreas, Vice City or Red Dead Redemption!
  43. Jul 16, 2014
    Great game, but better than Half Life? Counter Strike? no. Better than GTA IV? Just Cause 2? Saints Row IV? Yes. This is by far the best of it's category and most other games. Is it better than GTA San Andreas? I think so, I think others are too attached to old memories of it, GTA San Andreas.
  44. Nov 22, 2014
    Gran Theft Auto is a game that suffers from repetition, a mediocre story, and an online mode that feels barren and still lacks a proper heist mode. The map is large but filled with empty space and there is almost a complete absence of interior space. The good things though are the great controls and while the campaign suffered from repetition and being too long it was largely still fun.Gran Theft Auto is a game that suffers from repetition, a mediocre story, and an online mode that feels barren and still lacks a proper heist mode. The map is large but filled with empty space and there is almost a complete absence of interior space. The good things though are the great controls and while the campaign suffered from repetition and being too long it was largely still fun. One thing the game does well it definitely having plenty of content. I just wish there was a little more variety and more satisfying gun play. Expand
  45. Sep 22, 2013
    GTA V strives to make good on fan expectations that the franchise has been known for. In many ways GTA actually exceeds the limit we came to expect since GTA IV, this is done by throwing us into the most vibrant and realistic world yet created by Rockstar. Populated by amazing sights and interesting characters, through to a story that actually takes the usual formula of GTA story lines butGTA V strives to make good on fan expectations that the franchise has been known for. In many ways GTA actually exceeds the limit we came to expect since GTA IV, this is done by throwing us into the most vibrant and realistic world yet created by Rockstar. Populated by amazing sights and interesting characters, through to a story that actually takes the usual formula of GTA story lines but doesn't follow any conventional GTA story.
    The game feels so fresh that you become hooked almost instantly especially if you're a prior fan of the series. The gameplay itself is a cross between many games developed by Rockstar including Max Payne 3, Red Dead Redemption and of course previous GTA games. GTA V takes many of these games mechanics to develop a meta-game that feels natural to play.
  46. Oct 5, 2013
    Rockstar Games and the GTA series helped make the open world action game genre what it is today, and because of that both deserve our respect. I'm just going to go ahead and say that this is just a review of the single-player experience only and not GTA online. I will reference GTA online in this review briefly, but will go more into depth about it with a separate review for it that youRockstar Games and the GTA series helped make the open world action game genre what it is today, and because of that both deserve our respect. I'm just going to go ahead and say that this is just a review of the single-player experience only and not GTA online. I will reference GTA online in this review briefly, but will go more into depth about it with a separate review for it that you can read when it is posted.

GTA V's city of Los Santos feels alive, brimming with personality and activities. The story and characters are excellent and fully fleshed out. You may be playing as scumbags, but they are the kind of scumbags you can sympathize with and actually are actually likable characters despite their numerous personality flaws. There is some crazy funny stuff going on in Los Santos, stuff so bizarre and hilarious that honestly a lot of it wouldn't have looked out of place in a Saint's Row game. Just turning on your TV or radio and a commercial could pop up with some of the most hilariously un-subtle social commentary you'll ever hear, making for some intentional comedic gold. It's moments like these that help GTA V set itself apart from other games in the genre that its predecessors helped create, but inconsistencies with the gameplay make it feel like GTA is lagging behind recent competitors in the open world genre.

The story missions are packed with some cool moments and tense shoot-outs, and the game is fun overall, but too often did it feel like the events leading up to these moments were just busy work used to extend the length of the game in some of the dullest ways possible. At one point the game tasked me with mopping, MOPPING! Who wants to do that in a video game? Cop chases are another frustration of mine, I can't tell you how many times I've almost escaped the cops only to have one cop car spawn right in-front of me alerting all cops to my new location and keeping the chase going. It's irritating to no end. Most of my other complaints are minor but did still hurt my opinion of the game. The graphics are a little dated, the radio stations never play anything good, and travel time can be a little too long at times. GTA Online is also still buggy, but you can read more about that in its individual review when I post it.

All of these flaws bring GTA V down, but they don't make it a bad game. It's still packed with enough fun and impressive moments to make it a good game, it's just not as impressive or as fun as a lot of the other open world games out there. But if you're looking for an open world crime game with a fantastic story, or are just a fan of the series, then you may find GTA V worth your time. Just don't expect anything particularly impressive as far as gameplay is concerned.
  47. Sep 20, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto was the originator with the sandbox type of video game and I’ve owned every single iteration at some point. I would always marvel at how much content they could squeeze onto a single disc and this game exceeds in every area. (I bought the download for the PS3 18GB so it no longer fits on a single disc) The world is huge, the storyline is well written, acted and engaging,Grand Theft Auto was the originator with the sandbox type of video game and I’ve owned every single iteration at some point. I would always marvel at how much content they could squeeze onto a single disc and this game exceeds in every area. (I bought the download for the PS3 18GB so it no longer fits on a single disc) The world is huge, the storyline is well written, acted and engaging, and the graphics are awesome. In most games there is a huge difference between the cut scenes and the gameplay but not here they flow seamlessly. There are a multitude of options for activities, and if you don’t want to be a criminal, you could probably spend hours hiking, boating and playing tennis.

If you are offended at psychopaths, murderous villains, prostitutes, corruption and a sarcastic view of modern America then this game (and many other games) is/are not for you. Likewise if you are morally and mentally unstable and a have trouble distinguishing between reality and imagination and want to become the next mad shooter please do not buy this game but check yourself in to the nearest mental clinic to get help.

If however you are a normal person and can laugh at yourself and everything else, finding the humor in the stupidity of mankind then you’ll probably enjoy this game immensely and if you’re a GTA fan you’ll experience a game that has matured into a masterpiece. I’ve noticed a few glitches here and there but I’m sure these will be fixed in upcoming patches.

If you’re new to GTA go to one of the game sites or look on YouTube at some gameplay videos before you purchase if it’s too violent for you there is always Flower.
  48. Sep 21, 2013
    I admit I'm not a big fan of the GTA series, the one that I liked so far was GTA: San Andreas and it was not for its history ...
    This GTA V has a history almost perfect, the interaction between the characters is wonderful and the fact that three protagonists makes things more complex, interesting and even fun. The gameplay is simply one of the best if not the best in the series, the soundtrack is also very good longevity Not to speak, the story mode takes over 30 hours, with secondary missions, sports activities and operating all map takes more than 100 hours! The game has plenty of action, enjoys with some real life stuff taking them to their ridiculous extreme (but this is good, and several times made ​​me laugh). It is a recommended game for over 18 years and believe me, is a game of extreme quality that will amaze you.

Note: Who gave 0/10 must have serious problems, and not played for sure. Must be one of the people is that it is anti-gaming.
  49. Sep 23, 2013
    Amazing game. Exactly what I've been hoping the series would someday turn into. Never been much of a GTA fan, but this game is just what GTA IV never was. IMO SA and VC was the best in the series, and it all got worse with IV, and now they threw a bomb and completely immersed me into this amazing world they've created.
  50. Sep 20, 2013
    GTA V THE GAME OF THE YEAR, hell yeah people, gorgeous graphics, awesome story, why some people hate this game? Oh yeah because they are retards, GTA V GAME OF THE YEAR, and one world for this game, Trevor
  51. Oct 11, 2013
    The graphics are horrible and not suitable for big screens, there's some questionable game design, auto-aim is necessary because those idiots at rockstar decided to put this on consoles and sony and microsoft are idiots for not allowing to have other control methods than the controllers. I recommend waiting for a PC version so nothing is holding back your experience.
  52. Sep 23, 2013
    People whats wrong with you? Which game if it not gta v deserve 10 points? Look wider..please)

Dont look at future and past games.. You should just pkay this staff
  53. Sep 21, 2013
    This game has it all blew what I've seen.
    The graphics have also convinced the whole 10/10.
    Every penny for this game is worth it! Incredibly, award suspicious!
    This game is the best game that has ever existed. I find no more words.
  54. Sep 22, 2013
    Probably the best game I've ever played this generation.

Playing three characters really sets this game above others in terms of story. At first I didn't expect much from it, but the voice acting and the animations are amazing. Without the voice acting, this game wouldn't be as good. The graphics are breathtaking, especially on a 7 year old system, you can tell Rockstar have really
    Probably the best game I've ever played this generation.

The graphics are breathtaking, especially on a 7 year old system, you can tell Rockstar have really pushed it this time. Flying over the city at night with all the streetlights is something you'd want to get round doing. You can fly right up into the sky over the clouds and skydive off, but remember bring a parachute. The vehicles are incredibly detailed, the explosions are pretty awesome.

This is an open world game, which means you can go anywhere. I've never found myself walking anywhere because simply...the game is massive...you can steal cars (of course) helicopters, fighter jets, even an airliner, tanks and boats.

This is my first review, I made this account just so I can post about this game. It is a 10/10. Ignore the negative votes, they're jealous it's not out on PC. I only played GTA4 for a few hours, and got bored of it. But not with this game, I'm hooked. If you have an Xbox or PS3, i would get this game as soon as possible. $800million in 24 hours? Well deserved Rockstar... I also applaud you for delaying multiplayer release. There are always problems with multiplayer, this game would probably have lower reviews if it wasnt up to scratch.
  55. Sep 22, 2013
    Ok people, i hope you are not one those people who say "all GTA games are the same 0/10". It's just a stupid thing to say such thing and then go buy a new GTA game. I think this is an awesome game. Not the best in the series and not without problems, but it's definitely a very fun game. Just don't expect the best game ever done. I'm about half way into the game and my main criticism isOk people, i hope you are not one those people who say "all GTA games are the same 0/10". It's just a stupid thing to say such thing and then go buy a new GTA game. I think this is an awesome game. Not the best in the series and not without problems, but it's definitely a very fun game. Just don't expect the best game ever done. I'm about half way into the game and my main criticism is that i don't think the characters are good enough. I just can't bond with them. Michael is too much of a loser as a dad and Trevor.. is a "usual" psycho and because of what he does to Johnny Klebitz i immediately hated him. I liked Franklin most among the three as he seems to be the only one that is not an idiot but he constantly whines about what he's doing and it sometimes gets annoying. It has some more weak points but none of them are serious enough to reduce the amount of fun you get. Try it, you won't regret. Expand
  56. Sep 22, 2013
    I don't even know where to start this. With a fluid gameplay, stunning graphics, a good humored but at the same time tragic story, this is the best game I've ever played so far without no doubt. Highly recommended for those who are fans of another GTAs games, and for those who don't.
  57. Sep 23, 2013
    Excellent game, has a few problems and glitches but it never breaks the game. Seeing how big the world is its not a huge deal breaker. Amazing GTA game, recommend it to everyone.
  58. Sep 24, 2013
    To be honest, I've never really liked any of the Grand Theft Auto games. The stories and missions weren't interesting to me, and I always just used the game as an excuse to go around and cause mass destruction because I felt there was nothing better to do. But GTA 5 actually has characters and missions that I found really entertaining. Everything here from past games has been refined andTo be honest, I've never really liked any of the Grand Theft Auto games. The stories and missions weren't interesting to me, and I always just used the game as an excuse to go around and cause mass destruction because I felt there was nothing better to do. But GTA 5 actually has characters and missions that I found really entertaining. Everything here from past games has been refined and everything feels a lot more natural (including driving and shooting). This isn't the best game of all time, but its definetely one of the best games of this year, if not THE best so far. Its one everyone should experience and with AT LEAST 35 hours of just story content, it is well worth 60 bucks. Expand
  59. Sep 26, 2013
    I bought a Playstation 3 just for GTA 5. It is everything they say it is, but much better. The amazing attention to detail Rockstar have fed into their world is astounding. Cannot wait for the PC port.
  60. Sep 27, 2013
    I want to start out by saying this is a very good game. Overall, it is more enjoyable than GTA IV. However, I do not consider it as complete and as whole a game as Red Dead: Redemption.

It is much more engaging, beautiful, and overall less bleak than IV. The graphics (well as expected), models and world building are beautiful and well researched. The dialogue is overall much better and

The dialogue is overall much better and as are many characters (though anyone is compared to Niko).

I actually feel for Michael and his scum life, scum family and understand that is many ways, it is his fault for where he is in life, from his upbringing, to bringing up children in scum city USA and our new scum age. I legit feel sorry for him when that sad-dad music plays, but it feels anemic overall.

Our three characters are great, but feel spread thin and so does the world. Yes, it is an open world game, yes it is fantastic to explore and beautiful, and yes you can do everything from yoga to submarine exploration, to a triathlon, to a stripped-touching minigame, to robbing convenience stores.

It is just most of these things are utterly pointless and I will never do them again. The reward is either nothing (or arthritis in your dumb from the last 25 minute triathalon) or sooo largely incomparable to the prices in the rest of the world that they might as well give you nothing.

It feels like, to me, many aspects of the game are half-explored, half thought-out and don't sync with others. Heists are the most glaring example of this wasted potential. Properties are entirely useless. The only one you made a profit on is Trevor's airstrip after 12.5 missions on the plane and dune buggy, the next accessible one is Smoke on the Water for Franklin, which will earn off the initial price in about 22 weeks of in-game days. Or (assuming each save is 12 hours?) 308 times seeing Franklin go to bed, clicking past the save screen, seeing Franklin wake up..

I hear there is no reason at all to manage them, the weekly price doesn't change if you ignore them (except Trevor's I mentioned, which is mission based). There is one property that will take 5 YEARS of in game days to pay off (or 3650 saves)

I'm getting real tired of writing this review/rant, so I am just going wrap it up.

This is a well-made game, but not as much overall as RDR. This is a fun game, but the gunplay isn't as good as RDR and the driving is arcade-y and less rewarding than IV (you weren't breaking right people; don't handbreak, tap footbreak at the right moment!)

There is plenty to do, but outside of around or shooting cops, largely many of them are pointless mini-games, rewardless, or something you'll never repeat.
    This is an incredibly well-made game that feels like overall the peak of what this console generations technology can achieve, but also like parts of it were designed by committees that didn't network.

In closing I want to say that I really do enjoy this game and the characters are fun and interesting, but to me, this just isn't as complete a game as the most expensive video game ever developed should be like.

Maybe there is a chance a patch could fix the content that doesn't jive.

Also I am hoping these rumors of GTA Online being 7 dollars a month aren't true. I am just not willing to pay that, monthly fees, micro-transitions and MMOS encourage terrible, terrible behavior from developers.
  61. Sep 28, 2013
    An OK game. Nothing spectacular. As with many open world games, it becomes boring in a short while. Travelling from point A to B and watching cutscenes, that's how I would describe the gameplay. This is essentially GTA IV loaded with more features. If you weren't a fan of the previous games, don't buy this and expect it to be any different. If you were however, then you're gonna love it.
  62. Sep 22, 2013
    I appreciate the scale and extra content Rockstar has put into the game. It does feel like there is a lot to do, and it's making me slow down the pace of the story just to check stuff out. However, the story is kind of doing that already. It really doesn't flow well. The characters are ordinary in the previous games there were seriously funny characters and cutscenes, this feels like aI appreciate the scale and extra content Rockstar has put into the game. It does feel like there is a lot to do, and it's making me slow down the pace of the story just to check stuff out. However, the story is kind of doing that already. It really doesn't flow well. The characters are ordinary in the previous games there were seriously funny characters and cutscenes, this feels like a fairly action film.

What it does it does well, driving and shooting is still fun, some of the race have been great, but for difficulty and longevity of the missions themselves, I'm feeling there is something missing. The missions are so short and have not yet been a challenge...

Great game as to be expected but they could have put more time in where the game needed it, rather than building a huge map, of which most of it you'll never see....
  63. Sep 21, 2013
    Its GTA its back and its definitely worth the purchase!
    You will cry you will laugh and you will be shocked through the 30+ hours playing this
    There is so much things to do and i swear you will never be bored playing this If it`s one thing i can think of that`s bad it`s the fist combat but it`s not really a big thing since the game does n`t center around it that much A lot of pc
    Its GTA its back and its definitely worth the purchase!
    There is so much things to do and i swear you will never be bored playing this
    A lot of pc elitist are giving it a bad score so ignore all those 109 reviews.
    Get this game just get it you owe yourself to have this!
  64. Oct 2, 2013
    This game really blew me away when I first started playing. The graphics, music selection, tight controls, insane level of detail, and some of the best satire I've ever experienced. The plot and story seemed interesting. Overall, everything about this game is pretty much top notch, except for the story. Its a decent story and has some interesting developments and twists, but in the endThis game really blew me away when I first started playing. The graphics, music selection, tight controls, insane level of detail, and some of the best satire I've ever experienced. The plot and story seemed interesting. Overall, everything about this game is pretty much top notch, except for the story. Its a decent story and has some interesting developments and twists, but in the end it wasn't satisfying. It started out strong, but just dragged on towards the middle and end. Also, the missions got pretty repetitive with the driving. It started to become a chore to play the game than fun. Overall, the social commentary is what makes this game amazing though. Its satire at its best and its so relevant to our modern day culture. Expand
  65. Oct 4, 2013
    I'm going to keep this shirt, sweet and to the point.

I'm going to keep this shirt, sweet and to the point.

I did not enjoy GTA4, I found the storyline tedious and Nico Belik an empty shell In comparison to Claude Speed and Carl "CJ" Johnson.... Granted Franklin didn't ring my bell, but Michael and Trevor Phillips (especially "T") were tremendous. The game is pretty same as any other GTA game since 3, however the storyline, crude humour and engrossing side missionscharacters kept me giggling like a school girl from start to finish..... Time to develop the basic fundamentals of what made GTA, GTA I think guys, another title using the same control mechanism's and game dynamics isn't going to cut it..... Fun, laugh out loud humour, lacking in the gameplay department.... Enjoyable, not an instant classic, role on Dark Souls 2.
  66. Oct 13, 2013
    Long time GTA fan, waited for this game for years and I was very disappointed.
    Don't get me wrong, I loved the story and the characters but once you finish the game you wish you hadn't.
    Long time GTA fan, waited for this game for years and I was very disappointed.
    There's nothing fun to do, cops and enemies are way too accurate and kill you very easily. Rockstar could of easily down something different with police, non lethal ways to take you down (like tasers and mace?) Committing crimes are difficult which some may argue is more realistic but it takes away the fun. Escaping the police is easy, but takes a while for the stars to go away.

Stealth feels useless, no crouching, none of those minigames that some enjoyed in GTA 4, and no gambling.
    The city could of been a lot bigger while still having a big rural area, it feels like im just playing an HD texture pack of GTA: San Andreas.
    Also there weren't many heists.
  67. Jan 4, 2014
    Gta V is a great game, you will play this game for much time, there is a lot of thing to do, it's also very funny and the graphics are amazing, you can choose a character to play and each one have different hobbies and personalities.
  68. Jul 12, 2014
    Overrated game. The world is fine, but then it remains. The story is mediocre. Multiplayer sucks.

In fact, I pulled the story to force through. Since then, I have not touched the game.
  69. Sep 20, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V expands on everything that made IV so great and for once, you can believe the hype. In the game, you play as three characters that you can switch between at will. Each character has different, intertwining campaigns thus, longer playtime and strategic gunfights The controls feel more tight and the weapon wheel works really well. The graphics are a big step up from GTAGrand Theft Auto V expands on everything that made IV so great and for once, you can believe the hype. In the game, you play as three characters that you can switch between at will. Each character has different, intertwining campaigns thus, longer playtime and strategic gunfights The controls feel more tight and the weapon wheel works really well. The graphics are a big step up from GTA IV and I'm still getting used to it. This game comes with many new features like weapon customization, checkpoints during missions, and character advantages( Trevor deals double-damage with guns, Michael can go into bullet-time in combat, much like Max Payne and Franklin can enter bullet-time while driving). This is one hell of a game and should not be missed. It's a great way to end the generation and I'll be anticipating for multiplayer. Expand
  70. Sep 20, 2013
    Don't get me wrong, this is an amazing game. However, unlike most games, I am able to stop playing it quite easily. This isn't a bad thing but it's probably because you are flitting around so much that you don't get totally immersed. It's a huge game with incredible detail and I can see me playing it for months to come. Luckily, without the all-nighters I usually have to endure.
  71. Oct 1, 2013
    Meh! I've played for about 10 hours or so and am already getting bored, there is some really funny dialogue and that's what is keeping me going but otherwise its just the same old over-hyped GTA. Its not a bad game by any means and Rockstar have done an amazing job with the graphics, open world design and script but it just gets a bit samey to quickly for me. I'm looking forward to theMeh! I've played for about 10 hours or so and am already getting bored, there is some really funny dialogue and that's what is keeping me going but otherwise its just the same old over-hyped GTA. Its not a bad game by any means and Rockstar have done an amazing job with the graphics, open world design and script but it just gets a bit samey to quickly for me. I'm looking forward to the multiplayer hopefully that will be awesome. Expand
  72. Sep 19, 2013
    Rockstar Outdone themselves!

Rockstar Outdone themselves!

Maybe the best game ever created.Huge expansive world ,available to explore from the start. Best graphics available on an open world game,awsome storyline,characthters that are even better compared to movies' charachters.Many mini games,that are addicting and help you increase your stats.Car customization that even challenges Need for speed's customization.Enjoylable driving with perfect physics,and finnaly perfect shooting mechanics.
    And then there is GTA online (coming on octomber 1) ,boasting 700+ missions,completely new story line with some charachters from gta v,free roam online with up to 16 players,lots of multiplayer activies like tenis etc.Clasic modes such as team deatmatch and races .Mission creation and sharing tools available for all players.Plus rockstar has already said that they are going to develop more content over
    time.

Endless replaylability for both gta online(which could have been a game on its own) GTA 5.Game of the generation for me.Rockstar you made it,again!
  73. Oct 2, 2013
    So let me get this straight..
    Tonnes of glitches! (Don't believe me, Google some of the ridiculous glitches people have posted)
    AND no online at launch. If this was ANY OTHER game with these issues, people would be complaining non stop and the review scores would be somewhere at 4/10. But because it's GTA it can do no wrong. This does not mean its a bad game, but it is not the 10
    So let me get this straight..
    AND no online at launch.
    This does not mean its a bad game, but it is not the 10 people are giving it.
    Sorry, but it's true.
  74. Sep 18, 2013
    GTA V is the best game in the world! Everything about her is great, and those who give 0 to children who do not have the console and can not play! GTA V 1000000000/10.
  75. Sep 18, 2013
    GTA V has taken the GTA series to an all time level, So many things to see and to do. Missions are fun and have a variety and the map is amazing if you want to get out of the city. Graphics you cannot fault rockstar with them the Games graphics are phenomenal and so detailed. Having three characters I wasn't sure about it but rockstar have pulled it off. :D
  76. Sep 19, 2013
    Easily the best game on this console-generation. I have played maybe 15 hours now and all of those hours have been awesome! My game save is now completed only 19.6 so the gameplay is enough for a long time.
  77. Sep 21, 2013
    The game started slow as I wasn't to impressive. But after, Diving, Cycling, Swimming, Racing, Flying, and so and so, I only can say that life is good.
  78. Oct 2, 2013
    GTA V is terribly overrated, like most AAA games these days, the missions are just an afterthought to tie together cutscenes. There is no challenge, no tactical decision making, no sense that you are outwitting the computer AI. The paradox is that even though it's a sandbox game, the mission sections have never felt so limiting and 'on rails'. The opening heist held some promise, but asGTA V is terribly overrated, like most AAA games these days, the missions are just an afterthought to tie together cutscenes. There is no challenge, no tactical decision making, no sense that you are outwitting the computer AI. The paradox is that even though it's a sandbox game, the mission sections have never felt so limiting and 'on rails'. The opening heist held some promise, but as the game unfolds it's clear that the designers adhere to the "rollercoaster" approach where the mission events and dialog are so scripted that there is little to no room for player creativity.

Having said that, the sandbox world is quite an achievement, the radio stations both talk and music are great, and the characters and cutscenes are probably the most entertaining you'll find in a video game. But unless you're suffering from obsessive compulsive disorder and absolutely must fly under all 50 bridges, pick up all the notes, complete all the jumps, tennis matches, etc.. the open world gets old rather quickly. And, as fun as the cutscenes are, they come at the expense of gameplay and the feeling that the game is little more than an expensive cutscene player, where you execute, basic, menial tasks to trigger them.

Like I alluded to, I like games that present a challenge and demand some kind of strategic thinking from the player. I gave GTA V a chance, because the heists sounded like they involved planning, choosing preferred/appropriate weapons for the job, maybe scoping out the building, planning which side to come in on, where to position the 3 players you control, etc... All features that a sandbox world would seem to accommodate very well. Unfortunately, the gameplay is simply not there in this one. Style over substance.
  79. Oct 15, 2013
    This game was hyped for months as one of the best games of this generation, but I just can't see it. I bought the game based on a co-worker saying it was better than the Last of Us. Boy was he wrong. The story is so-so but I did like the three characters. However, GTA 5's gameplay is fun at first, but the fun wears off quick after you finish the story. In plain, it just gets boring. It wasThis game was hyped for months as one of the best games of this generation, but I just can't see it. I bought the game based on a co-worker saying it was better than the Last of Us. Boy was he wrong. The story is so-so but I did like the three characters. However, GTA 5's gameplay is fun at first, but the fun wears off quick after you finish the story. In plain, it just gets boring. It was only entertaining for the 14 or so hours I played the story. After that, no motivation. Expand
  80. Oct 14, 2013
    At first this game might look like it's very amusing. But as soon as one finishes the storyline and most of the additional missions, it becomes boring at a pase much higher than other Grand Theft Auto games. It's just too overhyped.

Secondly, I'm having massive problems regarding Grand Theft Auto V: Online. First of all, there are still numerious people still unable to go online as they receive errors like "cloud servers unavailable" or "timed out locating session". Secondly, without forwarding ports and doing other crap you don't actually want to do, you'll be placed in an almost empty session with max. 4 players in the entire map. Thirdly, there are too many bugs in the online section regarding gameplay (getting kicked out of sessions, etc.).

In the end, this game is released too soon, is way overhyped and reviewers have proven to be once more subjective and typical sheep.
  81. Oct 12, 2013
    Rockstar have truly lost their way, instead of fun over the top games they now create messy, misogynistic games that try far too hard to be offensive for the sake of it. GTA 5 does have some amazing features to it, such as the world and how detailed it is, but sooner or later everything you appreciate the game will come crashing down due to one thing or another.

The controls in this

The controls in this game are absolutely awful, I expected Rockstar to have worked on this after the mess that was GTA 4, but they feel practically the same. You can't just throw in an auto aim that is far too generous because you couldn't be bothered to fine out the aiming, that is just shameful. The driving is better admittedly, but it couldn't have gotten any worse after GTA 4. Every action is over animated, it makes the controls incredibly cumbersome and frustrating and nearly impossible to get through small doorways without running into walls first.

The story in this game is about as disjointed as they come, the only real connection being that everyone needs to make money, which is once again an incredibly lazy plot driving point. I never had a sense that what I was doing was important to progressing the story or characters once during my time with the GTA 5 main missions and I found myself getting tired of it very often. Free roaming is a lot of fun, probably where the most fun will be had with this game, there is a lot on offer in the world of Los Santos and it rewards the observant gamer. It is a shame then that the police will punish you for even the slightest of crimes, tap one of their cars? Accidently bump into an officer due to the clunky controls? They will shoot you on sight for it. I'm not sure if there is an underlying message to this about America and its police brutality or if Rockstar really were just too lazy once again to bother adding different reactions to each wanted level.

The biggest problem with this game is GTA Online, unfortunately it comes as part of the package so it should be rated as part of the entirety of this game. The playerbase is absolutely awful, one of the worst standing side by side with the Call of Duty community. This however is not Rockstar's fault, but like it or not you will have to rely on these people sooner or later to help you either in missions or just roaming around. The missions themselves are pretty much just cut and copy over and over with only the bare basics changed; such as mission location or how many enemies you need to kill. Practically all the missions will revolve around killing a group of people, collecting something and then reaching a destination.

GTA Online was never going to live up to the hype it created, but it could have been so much more. Because of the disappointing single player and the outright horrid Online feature I can only give GTA 5 a 6/10.
  82. Sep 19, 2013
    I borrowed a friends PS3 just to play this. Not sure how someone can give this a low-score, what were you expecting? Friendship is Magic?*

This is the best sandbox game of its type, and is thoroughly fun just messing around with the mechanics and the virtual denizens of this hyper-realistic world. I'm sure there are areas not to everyone's satisfaction, like I would like the option of increased vehicle damage.

A hugely impressive effort by the coders and artists at Rockstar, many who poured years of their lives into this game so millions could enjoy. Yes it's violent, but its also funny, and packed with moments of sheer artistry.
  83. Sep 20, 2013
    Every aspect of GTA V is exquisitely crafted.From a technology standpoint through to the magnificent soundtrack,I was in awe throughout.Visuals,dialogue,mission structure,activities,radio stations and side missions are all so excellent that I can only imagine the work that went into this title.While I would have loved a fourth,female playable character,and wouldn't have missed the tortureEvery aspect of GTA V is exquisitely crafted.From a technology standpoint through to the magnificent soundtrack,I was in awe throughout.Visuals,dialogue,mission structure,activities,radio stations and side missions are all so excellent that I can only imagine the work that went into this title.While I would have loved a fourth,female playable character,and wouldn't have missed the torture scene one iota,I cannot fault this exceptional game. Expand
  84. Sep 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Absolutely brilliant storytelling, innovate character controls and swapping mechanic, vastly improved driving and flying, beautiful and massive world with densely packed locations and vistas to explore, and all wrapped together into a package that taken as a whole completely blows any other game this generation out of the water. This game is the embodiment of out time, the medium that in the future will serve as a time capsule to explain our strange society to our ancestors. It tackles the issues our the era with hilarious and all-too-real accuracy. No one or group of people is outside the bounds of this game's reach. If you cannot take a joke, are very defensive of your way of life, or aren't mature enough to watch torture, strippers, immature behavior by the young, or murder, then avoid this game. Otherwise, this game is the device by which all other games will be measured in the future for writing, acting, and open world gameplay. Expand
  85. Sep 18, 2013
    This game is absolutely amazing. The graphics are awesome, the story line is excellent, and everything is just so perfect. Some people don't like it because it's like the other Grand Theft Auto's (in general), to which I'd ask what else they expected. It's ALWAYS fun to screw around and kill people in GTA, and multiplayer is going to make the game even better (By the way, pretty much ALLThis game is absolutely amazing. The graphics are awesome, the story line is excellent, and everything is just so perfect. Some people don't like it because it's like the other Grand Theft Auto's (in general), to which I'd ask what else they expected. It's ALWAYS fun to screw around and kill people in GTA, and multiplayer is going to make the game even better (By the way, pretty much ALL the negative reviews I read, are completely stupid. They don't make any sense), So, 10/10. No question. Expand
  86. Sep 24, 2013
    While the general look and feel of the game isn't a huge improvement over GTA IV hey have certainly improved on the gameplay and missions. Missions are more varied and interesting and there is a massive amount of extra content to get stuck into. Gameplay feels really smooth and any glitches I've encountered haven't prevented me from progressing in the game. My only problem is that thereWhile the general look and feel of the game isn't a huge improvement over GTA IV hey have certainly improved on the gameplay and missions. Missions are more varied and interesting and there is a massive amount of extra content to get stuck into. Gameplay feels really smooth and any glitches I've encountered haven't prevented me from progressing in the game. My only problem is that there wasn't a sense of working your way up from the dirt like there has been in past GTA games. Still, a fantastic game that deserves everyone's attention. Expand
  87. Sep 18, 2013
    Juego perfecto para cerras la generación actual de consolas (ahora me pregunto, por que los demás desarrolladores nunca se esforzaron en darnos algo así en todos estos años)??
  88. Sep 20, 2013
    First things first, I just want to say that I wanted to play the game sufficiently before writing this review. I saw a lot of people on here day 1 of the game's release bashing it when they didn't even have a good amount of play time put into the game. I have put 25 hours in to the game so far, and I still feel like there's so much more for me to see and do. From the get go, you canFirst things first, I just want to say that I wanted to play the game sufficiently before writing this review. I saw a lot of people on here day 1 of the game's release bashing it when they didn't even have a good amount of play time put into the game. I have put 25 hours in to the game so far, and I still feel like there's so much more for me to see and do. From the get go, you can already see how much there is to explore. I was initially disappointed the city portion of the map was small in comparison to the rest of the map, but when you're in the game it feels like a large, full sized city. The game gives you a lot to do, as there are multiple side missions, random encounters with people getting robbed or having their bike get stolen, and it even lets you invest in the stock market. The biggest changes in this entry would be the shooting and driving mechanics. Everything has been tweaked and feels tighter and much more responsive. Vehicles don't swerve all over the road like in GTA IV, and the shooting is heavily borrowed from Rockstar's own Max Payne 3 which is a good thing. The stories for the three main characters are all really interesting. The characters themselves live very different lives, which helps make the missions more varied. That is perhaps one of the best improvements of the new game, is that the missions are now much more varied. Nearly every mission is different from the last, and it helps keep the game interesting. The biggest missions in the game are these elaborate heists, in which the player actually gets to choose between two options of how they want to go through a heist, and who they to go through heist with as their crew. These are the highlights of the game in terms of missions and they near always give the user some much needed cash as there is a lot to spend your money on in this game. For the first time in a GTA game, you can actually buy a vehicle legally, through the game's internet, and it will be delivered to your garage. Vehicle customization and character customization are both back from San Andreas. The car customization, while not very extensive as far as what you can do to the body, is fun and lets you have your own custom car, as well as letting you improve the vehicle's performance. The game is a lot of fun, and despite some texture glitches here and there and some frame-rate slow down, it is as near perfect of a game as a sandbox could ever hope to be. That's why I give it a 10/10 Expand
  89. Sep 18, 2013
    There is no denying that this game is huge and was always going to be a smash hit....but you can't help but think as you play that GTA IV was better, i preferred the characters, the story was better as well as the city. There have been improvements in some game play (though aiming is too easy and makes shoot outs almost pointless) but it doesn't feel like a new game, simple a continuation.There is no denying that this game is huge and was always going to be a smash hit....but you can't help but think as you play that GTA IV was better, i preferred the characters, the story was better as well as the city. There have been improvements in some game play (though aiming is too easy and makes shoot outs almost pointless) but it doesn't feel like a new game, simple a continuation. Had it's day??? Probably not, there will always be a new generation of game player who wants to experience the thrill of gansta life, init! Expand
  90. Sep 19, 2013
    i missed out on GTA IV idk why the game felt weird to me and was kind of boring but GTA V feels so fluid and fun immediately i feel like the game has some awkward controls but with so much to do i undertand why great game
  91. Oct 3, 2013
    When buying GTA 5 I became extremely excited thinking it would of improved on everything wrong with GTA 4 and therefore make it the better game. I was wrong. The story was awful with only 69 main missions overall of which some were stealing vans and driving them back for storage. There are only three big heists in the game in which 2 are boring and easy. The last mission was also extremelyWhen buying GTA 5 I became extremely excited thinking it would of improved on everything wrong with GTA 4 and therefore make it the better game. I was wrong. The story was awful with only 69 main missions overall of which some were stealing vans and driving them back for storage. There are only three big heists in the game in which 2 are boring and easy. The last mission was also extremely disappointing as it was ridiculously easy and long winded. After finishing the game I looked at my stats and found that I had only played 5 hours as Trevor, 8 as Micheal and 10 as Franklin, throughout the whole story I never got attached to one character like I did with Niko and Roman which I feel was because of the lack of personal story based missions and the fact you have to play as 3 people constantly switching.

If you were a fan of the GTA 4 flying and driving you will be massively disappointing, they moved away from realism in the cars and instead went to Saints Row style driving with every car having an insane amount of grip which leaves you almost not needed to even concentrate on driving at all. They unfortunately went the complete opposite way in the flying department making it to realistic, you cant fly a helicopter straight for more than 5 seconds even with the maximum flying stat. This also applies for flying planes. I've tried numerous times to steal a jet which admittedly should be hard but not as crazy as it is on this, I got shot out of the sky while parachuting almost near the clouds by a tank! This level of accuracy also goes for the police who will not give up even on a 1* wanted level for at least 2 minutes, the tutorial says to hide in alleys to get away from them, but guess what as soon as you do this they pull up near you, get out their cars and start looking for you on foot.

I have been playing the online over the last 2 days and I can say I'm un-pleased with this aswell, I dont mind the constant bugs because I know so many people are on it and that its still got alot to work on. Your online character creation is horrendous and virtually impossible to make look like yourself or any human being for that matter. Rockstar also felt the need for each user to be allowed 5 online characters 2 of which are unlocked straight away, I doubt anyone will even use more than 2 character slots as you don't have special abilities or load outs for them and you may as well just play as one person and get there stats up as high as possible.

Overall I am very disappointing in the lack of enjoyment I got out of this game, If I was you I would rent before buying this game and even then with the price it is now just go and buy GTA4 as you will have more fun in every second,
  92. Jun 7, 2014
    PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!!PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version nowPC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!!PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! PC version now !!!!! Expand
  93. Sep 22, 2013
    Best Game Ever Made Bottom Line.
    Best Game Ever Made Bottom Line.
    It's Sole Flaw is The New Rap Radio Station. Today's Rap Is Garbage Kendrick Lamar, Rick Ross, & All Of The Other Turds That Think They Can Rap Ruined The Soundtrack. The Classic West Coast Hip Hop Station Is Pretty Damned Good Except There Is To Much Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg. GTA San Andreas Had The Best Soundtrack In The Series. GTA IV & Episodes Overall had a better soundtrack.. However this game is far better. GTA IV is a brilliant game especially for 2008 standards this game is well beyond it & the game of the generation. GTA V game of forever!
  94. Sep 29, 2013
    GTA V is definitely deserves a GOTY. There is so much to do, so many activities, random events and side missions. Story felt it a bit short, but it was probably because I played it way too much. What else... Graphics are good, not amazing, but still very good, voice acting is absolutely great, the characters are great and the game is actually really funny. It was also a great idea to bringGTA V is definitely deserves a GOTY. There is so much to do, so many activities, random events and side missions. Story felt it a bit short, but it was probably because I played it way too much. What else... Graphics are good, not amazing, but still very good, voice acting is absolutely great, the characters are great and the game is actually really funny. It was also a great idea to bring a characters switching to this game. Pretty much the only thing they R* could improve is... Remove stupid glitches (there wasn't many that bothered me tough) and it would be nice if there would be more interiors and more things you could buy. No game is perfect, but Rockstar has made yet again an amazing game, with a amazing story and amazing graphics, so it deserves a 10/10. Expand
  95. Sep 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am at about 60% through the game, or game completion. No clue what that translates into storywise. I have been completing side missions and story missions pretty much evenly paced. Let me just say this, I love this game, it is one of the best, ever.
    But, there ARE some issues with it: First off, the graphics. They could be better, not on the PS3 or X360, then again my personal opinion is it should have been released for next gen, not current. The graphics are nice, don't get me wrong, but in this game the limitations of the hardware being used is the most apparent, ever.
    Second off: The map is huge, Ill give it that, but it I had been led to believe that there was more to be done. I don't know what I feel is missing, but something is missing, there are loads of side quests, I agree, but after one, two or three they all drop to a single common denominator, and it becomes just a thing to do. Entirely skippable, which I guess side missions would be, but I desired a bit more oomph.
    Third off: Controls; now for the most part the controls work, and work really well. But sometimes, and by sometimes it feels often since it is ALWAYS at the worst possible time it could happen, they up. Your character will spasm or do something you did NOT tell him to do, and then your dead. Not that dying really matters, 5grand and your good to go again, you'll even keep your weapons, but lose your car.
    Fourth: Cars don't get properly saved, so I have wasted a good 100k bucks on fitting and refitting cars, just to have them disappear, apparently rockstar is on the bug and will have a fix for it soon.

Might seem overly critical, but in essence, these are minor things, at least for me, still felt they were worth mentioning. If you, like me, find that these things are minor, then get the game now. GTA V scores heavily on story, audio (VA included), gameplay (by and large, most control mechanics work really well, except for on foot and the ****ing choppers), size and scope, and also the idea of three protagonists. I have not at all regretted this purchase, and most others won't either. I will most likely get the game for PC aswell, when it comes out.
  96. Feb 17, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V is the most overrated game of the year, if not all time. Let me make clear, I don't think it's a bad game, it just an okay one. GTA V does nothing excellent in a game that does hundreds of things. Instead it does them average. From tedious driving to unresponsive shooting, GTA V is a bore to get through. Its story line is complete garbage and is a sad excuse of a story.Grand Theft Auto V is the most overrated game of the year, if not all time. Let me make clear, I don't think it's a bad game, it just an okay one. GTA V does nothing excellent in a game that does hundreds of things. Instead it does them average. From tedious driving to unresponsive shooting, GTA V is a bore to get through. Its story line is complete garbage and is a sad excuse of a story. While some missions are fun, particularly bank heist, most of them are just filler to make the game longer. Once you beat the game there is no reason to go back to it. Yea you can play golf, ride a bike, or skydive, but after a couple times nothing new is offered. GTA Online is also falls into its own trap. When you is a world with 12 others you get killed time and time again from guys with nothing better to do. When you decide to do missions, they get very old very quick, due to the fact that they are extremely bland. GTA V is worth a playthrough, but once your done with the main missions and spend a couple hours online, you will be glad its over. Expand
  97. Sep 16, 2014
    For all its hype and anticipation, GTAV plays exactly like every other GTA game I played before it, this is both a good and bad thing. Traffic/NPC AI seems to be the same as it was fifteen years ago, activities are still boring/tedious and exist on a scale of escalating frustration. Controls are a little rigid and clunky, characters get stuck on bannisters/objects and will take coverFor all its hype and anticipation, GTAV plays exactly like every other GTA game I played before it, this is both a good and bad thing. Traffic/NPC AI seems to be the same as it was fifteen years ago, activities are still boring/tedious and exist on a scale of escalating frustration. Controls are a little rigid and clunky, characters get stuck on bannisters/objects and will take cover behind the wrong thing. In most every other aspect, GTA excels. I loved the characters (well, Trevor), the heists were excellent fun and truth be told I couldn't put the game down until I finished story mode. Expand
  98. Sep 24, 2013
    Like others have said, GTA V is what GTA IV should have been. That being said, I wish it had been. I love GTA V. Everything has been improved and then some. Driving is more realistic. I can actually make turns going 25 miles per hour now. To add to that, Franklin's special makes driving even more entertaining. Motorcycles act like motorcycles now and can make pretty incredible turns andLike others have said, GTA V is what GTA IV should have been. That being said, I wish it had been. I love GTA V. Everything has been improved and then some. Driving is more realistic. I can actually make turns going 25 miles per hour now. To add to that, Franklin's special makes driving even more entertaining. Motorcycles act like motorcycles now and can make pretty incredible turns and maneuvers. The addition of planes increases the wide variety of vehicles and machines to operate, much more than in GTA IV.
    The character animation also has been improved. There are now facial expressions and animation body parts (over-exaggeration). Even AI characters on the street look good.
    The world is also much bigger. When I say bigger, that is an understatement. The world is ungodly huge. Being bigger than San Andreas, Red Dead Redemption, and GTA IV combined, no wonder this game received a 95 or higher from almost every reviewer. That being said, this game is one of the greatest ever made. If you don't like brutal murder and swear words every other word, then buy this game because it's so much more. If you do like those things, you should already own this game.
  99. Oct 15, 2013
    The buggiest game I've played in years.

The buggiest game I've played in years.

At its core there is a brilliant game in here somewhere. When it does work it's a great game that's great fun and far more so than any other open world game. However, this game is bugged beyond belief. Clearly it was rushed out to try and come out before people invested in next gen consoles and it really shows. The game crashes during installs, it crashes during loading, it'll freeze as your driving down the street, your character will carry invisible weapons, you'll drive through walls that shouldn't be there. And this is just the story mode, lets not even talk about the horror that is the online mode.

It's the sort of release that I'm sure will highly benefit from the fact that you can release patch for consoles in the modern era. But if this game had come out on Playstation 2 like this, the franchise would be dead,
  100. Dec 8, 2013
    Not as great as everyone is saying. There is a lot to do but you will find the side missions repetitive, boring, or uninteresting. The big map is more than half countryside which isn't fun to explore. Online is okay though character creation is poor. Main story isn't to good.

1. Nov 14, 2013
    The best way to bid farewell to the retiring consoles is to spend dozens of hours having fun in Los Santos: robbing, abusing illegal substances, breaking all laws and enjoying everything else that GTA V has to offer. And after we finish the game, we should all say loudly: ‘okay, Rockstar girls and boys, it’s high time to make a truly new GTA, not just a gigantic DLC’. [12/2013, p.36]
    GTA V fulfills the idea of a gaming sandbox, where you can entertain yourself in many different ways - and also experience a superbly written story of three gangsters, if you want. [Issue#234]
  3. Oct 16, 2013
    Gigantic and stupidly detailed, GTA V is everything we hoped it would be. Individual components could be a touch better, but when a game does literally everything, nobody can expect perfection across the board. That it even comes close is incredible. [Issue#236, p.62]