8.2

1. Oct 1, 2013
    I wa never a fan of Rockstar's GTA games...until I met GTA V...there are too much improvements to be highlighted so I'm gonna say 'she' is just great. If it was between 'her' and my girlfriend, I guess it wasn't meant to be babe...though some minor improvements can be made
  2. Oct 3, 2013
    amazing game, there is many things to do, great visual graphic, huge map game, and outstanding action. with current generation console, hopefully will release on pc, will be the perfect game in pc.!!
  3. Oct 5, 2013
    its worth every penny ,rich story amazing world and all round great experience if you are a guitarist say bye bye to it for at least a month cause gta 5 will consume all your time
  4. Oct 6, 2013
    GTAIV was, in my opinion, one of the most overrated games ever. However, Rockstar have refined their formula and innovated their tech and have delivered a phenomenal experience, a true highlight of this past generation of consoles.

10/10 (Keeping hopes for a PC version)
  5. Oct 7, 2013
    GTA 5 is won of the best games of the year with a great single player with hours of content you cant go wrong. with some glitches here and there and a failing multi player theres not much more wrong with this game if you haven't picked this game up already i highly suggest you do. its a great farewell party for the ps3 and xbox 360 10/10
  6. Oct 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Good game ...But the fees have not changed ..but i would like to point out what I feel is its biggest weakness. The look sensitivity is too way slow, even on the highest setting. Any possibly of this game winning over FPS fans seems doubtful in its current state due to this oversight. This disappointing blunder severely needs to be addressed in a future patch... Expand
  7. Oct 8, 2013
    One of the best games of the year and this console generation. It's not perfect, but honestly what game is? One thing is for certain, it's going to give The Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite a run for their money.
  8. Oct 9, 2013
    This game is simply fantastic! I completed the main story in less than a week and continued playing and almost a month later there's still things to do! It's just so hard to stop playing a game like this!
  9. Oct 10, 2013
    Best game ever! Best on-line fun ever! This game is dangerous for all couples, you want to be rich, famouse, and bad in the game, so your real life starts to be the second choice cause in real life you are poor =D
  10. Oct 31, 2013
    This game is amazing. I waited for GTA V since the day it was announced. An I was rewarded with one of the best GTA game so far.
    The world is huge and vibrant, it's alive! Though not as alive as developers claimed, there are areas with nothing to do at all, but still, this is biggest open world gta game so far. Graphics are great and up-to-date, I wasn't expecting that kind of perfomance with current gen consoles.
    The story for once is outstanding. I really enjoyed missions and characters for the first time in GTA-game. Every mission brings something new, it's fun to come back to some of them and the game gives you easy way of doing so. The amount of work developers put in this is astronomical.
    The only downside I could find is radio. In this game it's horrible compared to other games in the series. There're like 4 hip-hop and rap radio stations (and I'm not a fan of those, so it's wasted on me), 1 crappy punk radio, absolutely NO METAL RADIO (punk and metal are completely different things), better learn from SR series, where metal station was always awesome. The only pop station is mixed with todays pop and retro (which is a huge buzzkill, there shouldn't be rhianna playing next to pet shop boys), rock radio is good, but country could've been more. All in all, the people that was in decision of compiling sound track were pretty biased towards hip hop and electronic music. And that's a shame really, since I can't appreciate both.
  11. Oct 12, 2013
    The single player version of this game is the best I have ever played, nothing comes close to the amount of fun I have playing this game. The online game still has some hiccups but the single player makes up for it, Id give this game 20 out of 10 if I could. I think all the negative votes are coming from PC users made that the game is not on the PC. I don't see how anyone could not giveThe single player version of this game is the best I have ever played, nothing comes close to the amount of fun I have playing this game. The online game still has some hiccups but the single player makes up for it, Id give this game 20 out of 10 if I could. I think all the negative votes are coming from PC users made that the game is not on the PC. I don't see how anyone could not give this a high or perfect score. Love it and not a single glitch or error have I seen yet. Expand
  12. Oct 12, 2013
    GTA V is an amazing game with a massive budget and a huge fanbase, what people need to realize is that this is NOT what makes a perfect game, Portal was my vision of a perfect game, whereas GTA V is close but that's all it is... CLOSE, a perfect game has NO bugs NO pop in (even if it is on current gen consoles) NO failed multiplayer launches and NOTHING wrong with gameplay, as much as GTAGTA V is an amazing game with a massive budget and a huge fanbase, what people need to realize is that this is NOT what makes a perfect game, Portal was my vision of a perfect game, whereas GTA V is close but that's all it is... CLOSE, a perfect game has NO bugs NO pop in (even if it is on current gen consoles) NO failed multiplayer launches and NOTHING wrong with gameplay, as much as GTA V is a great game it has alot of flaws that bring the score down to only an 8, as a gamespot critic said it's pollitically muddled up and she couldn't speak anymore of the truth. This review is not to say the game is bad, an 8 is a FANTASTIC score but unfortunately alot of bugs, glitches, and pop ins bring it down to a very proud 8/10.

P.s. This review is also not to say i didnt like the game I absolutely adore this game and haven't played another game besides this for the past week i just can't give it a 10 also what drags the end score down ironically is the ending, its confusing on what happens, when youre given the choice of whether to kill Trevor, Michael or to stick to your guns its confusing whether or not sticking to your guns kills Franklin or not which is why alot of people chose one of the first two options and are now regretting it.
  13. Oct 14, 2013
    I'm a great fan of Grand Theft Auto.I used to play it for hours on my Playstation 2:San Andreas.Vice City I have on my tablet.I thought that San Andreas would be unbeatable.But I was wrong.GTA V is the best one yet.You have the possibility to change characters,you can do a lot of activities as well.
  14. Oct 20, 2013
    Urban Skyrim is great fun and it's huge.

All hype and lore aside, it's a great game with plenty of activities to offer. It certainly has the mobius operand of a GTA game, but picked up a few things from Red Dead Redemption, L.A. Noire, and Max Payne. If you are a fan of either Rockstar games or sandbox games there's certainly plenty of fun to be had. Contrary to popular belief, it
    Urban Skyrim is great fun and it's huge.

Contrary to popular belief, it does have its issues. The most obvious is GTA Online which is a hot mess for the time being; when it isn't freezing or bugging out it can become a glitchers' and griefers' paradise with little to contribute. It'll be difficult to evaluate until it actually works as intended and by then interest may have waned. Story mode is engaging enough, but the three anti-heroes suffer due to the supporting characters; rarely do they do much more for the trio than advance the story and, save a few, they are difficult to care about. This seems like a missed opportunity to reinforce the depth of the contrast among the three main characters and form a more coherent main arc, especially when so much work went into generating a vast library of dialogue.

Some odd choices made in regards to controls. First, the omission of shoulder switch; leaving out a mechanic so ubiquitous to third-person gunplay feels odd, and cover suffers as a result. Speaking of cover, the surface that you're going to "stick" to can be unpredictable and sometimes comedic. The stealth mechanic is barebones and feels out of place, but isn't intrusive to the combat. Stealth as it relates to losing the cops is a nice touch, but also a bit under-realized as the cops sometimes seem clairvoyant when they shouldn't have line of site.

Overall, an excellent realization of a city-based sandbox with plenty of fun things to do and all the tools you need to dig into it. Story mode is plentiful although weakly framed. Online seems to be well conceived, but thus far poorly implemented.
  15. Oct 27, 2013
    Booooooring!
    I've played gta a long time and they ain't going to the right direction on their games.
    The open world experience is awesome, graphics ain't much better than gta IV but wasn't expecting much better from the old consoles. Storyline are just getting worse and worse. San Andreas is my personal favourite, IV was ok but V is just crap. Only thing that saves my gaming
    Booooooring!

Storyline are just getting worse and worse. San Andreas is my personal favourite, IV was ok but V is just crap. Only thing that saves my gaming experience is the online feature!
  16. Oct 27, 2013
    no need words to describe the game of the year. Great plot with great caracters. i dont know the meaning of perfect but this is what i think is the closest.
  17. Nov 30, 2013
    Very over rated, yet very good. This game receives way too much praise for what it has. Yes, it's a great game, but it's not nearly as good as many other triple a titles that have come out this year. Definitely not 10/10, and definitely not GOTY.
  18. Nov 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Is this game amazingly fun. Yes... but game of the year is just out of bounds for this game.
    Grand theft auto has taken a massive step forwards from the austerity that was GTAV. A well improved visual engine and spectacular views are to die for as well as countless ways to customise your characters the way you want. the characters are humorous and have neat little abilities for you to use. Not to mention the overwhelming amount of missions activities you can enjoy within the game.

However this game does have its flaws. the worst of which are the protagonists behaviours. Franklin is the "good guy" in the situation and is probably the most believable/enjoyable. Michael is unusual in that he is sometimes fun to play and other times not so fun. Trevor is hilarious when first met but becomes a hindrance to the fun of the game later.
    side characters in the game sometimes have nothing or little to do with the plot. If you are expecting to meet Tanisha, she will only appear once in the game (excluding a certain animation when you choose to play as Franklin. Tonya also disappears after her missions are completed.
    statistics are useless in the game as they either make you superhuman or do nothing at all. E.g. flying at stat 20 is incredibly difficult. Flying at stat 100 is still incredibly difficult. stamina at 80 means you can run for a while without hurting yourself but at 100 you can run forever? weird.
    Many side missions are sub-par but most are very enjoyable. However I was quite disappointed with the heists. I love the fact that you can decide what to do for it but your crew levelling up is useless as there are only five heists in the game (two of which they aren't needed). Also the last mission was horribly easy. All this build-up for a heist easier than the first? that's not how you end on a high note. Money was a problem in the game. Throughout most of the game you will be lucky to make 6million dollars for each character if you spend nothing. As soon as you finish the game you have 30 million dollars more. suddenly you become over encumbered with wealth and go on a shopping spree only to find out that a 150 million dollar golf course can be bought. When making money was so difficult and dare I say it boring before, why would we want to try and reach 150 mil.

My verdict is that this game is definitely worth the £40 or $50 you pay for it. In fact I would like it if you did play it. But don't listen to all this "best game ever" nonsense. It like a blockbuster. It had a huge budget and gained a colossal amount of money but we all remember the classics better.
  19. Nov 3, 2013
    Let me start by saying, I love the GTA series and it's ALWAYS a day 1 purchase for me. With that said, I was underwhelmed by GTA 5 for many reasons.

Like always, you can see the time and effort put into this game, much like every other game made by Rockstar year in and year out. The map is a generous size and very nicely detailed, you definitely get plenty to explore and keep you busy. I never count graphics into my reviews for a game, but Rockstar certainly delivered there.

My gripes are...

1. Outside of the 3 main characters, there's only maybe 1 or 2 other interesting characters that you interact with, unlike in other releases where I found the characters to be vastly better.
    2. For a game that was supposed to be centered around heists, there isn't that many, and they drastically overhyped how much control and input you have on them, along with being kinda dull in the first place.
    3. The missions are more detailed and involving than previous titles in the series, but the game still seems way too short, and the side missions aren't that spectacular.
    4. The story didn't click with me... this goes back to the "Heist" part, outside of that, you do some mundane little tasks for each character.
    5. The online, while a GREAT idea in theory... not really that well implemented. GTA online is a perfect candidate for something called a "Beta". I'll admit, after they made it somewhat "stable", it was enjoyable for a few days, then it either deleted all of my characters progress (many times), or the cloud storage was down, etc.

Overall, I'm sure rockstar busted their butts to make this game, it just didn't do it for me like the other games in the series, outside of online, it's a quality game like every other Rockstar release. I played through it to 100% completion and traded it in. I thought this could topple San Andreas, but to no avail.
  20. Nov 5, 2013
    I liked GTA San andreas it was a step into the future for GTA. There was so much to do nd it was so diverse. GTA 5 is nothing compared to it. I guess the graphics whores will ove it but honestly I play games to have fun not to look at graphics. You can't even go to the gym or fast food places. You cant do valet missions like police missions or taxi missions anymore. You can't even do themI liked GTA San andreas it was a step into the future for GTA. There was so much to do nd it was so diverse. GTA 5 is nothing compared to it. I guess the graphics whores will ove it but honestly I play games to have fun not to look at graphics. You can't even go to the gym or fast food places. You cant do valet missions like police missions or taxi missions anymore. You can't even do them online. This game is not GOTY it's just a game for fans they should have come out with GTA San andreas HD that would have been awesome this is just a dumb wanna be. And the focus on story and graphics is bad go get saints row 4 way better. Expand
  21. Nov 26, 2013
    GTA V is simply amazing. The huge open world and the realism of it are enough to seduce you for many hours. The deep story and the well-developed characters are superb. The multiplayer is also fun, albeit somewhat flawed. This game truly deserves Game Of The Year.

P.S. For all of you people ranting about how the online multiplayer is annoying, due to people randomly shooting at you, you can always start a solo session.
  22. Nov 6, 2013
    Its good but its not great. The story lacks and is very boring for most of the game. The controls are a bit clunky especially when it comes walking/running.
  23. Nov 7, 2013
    I have been a fan of the GTA series for a long time and don't get me wrong this game was brilliant but it lacked content after completion and just felt a little bit empty.
  24. Nov 11, 2013
    GTA V...
    Preciso falar mais?? kkk
    GTA V...
    Preciso falar mais?? kkk
    GTA um jogo que apenas pelo nome ja possivel saber da qualidade do jogo do jogo, pq quando vc fala em GTA, vc ja pensa logo R*, e definitivamente uma das melhores empresas de games atualmente no mercado, o jogo veio correspondendo totalmente ao HYPE em torno dele, missões muito diversificadas, um mapa enorme, personagens cativantes, e uma história bem divertida, no geral um jogo técnicamente beirando a perfeição para a geração atual de consoles, e definitivamente um jogo que vale a pena ser conferido, não um jogo que vai te marcar, te emocionar ou coisa parecida, mas inquestionavelmente divertido por um bommm tempo, recomendo.
  25. Nov 19, 2013
    Technologically brilliant game that allows you to play 3 protaganists in tandem. Satirical and witty themes with properly fleshed out environments that allow freedom for non-linear exploration. The story is forgettable and lacks the plot depth and character complexities seen in some of the previous games from the franchise. The online portion is quirky, and when it does works properly itTechnologically brilliant game that allows you to play 3 protaganists in tandem. Satirical and witty themes with properly fleshed out environments that allow freedom for non-linear exploration. The story is forgettable and lacks the plot depth and character complexities seen in some of the previous games from the franchise. The online portion is quirky, and when it does works properly it proves to be non-intuitive and generally unlikable. Overall I think Rockstar took a few too many steps in the wrong direction, but their game is still a worthy addition to the franchise and it's one of the few AAA games that is worth the money spent. 8/10 Expand
  26. Nov 12, 2013
    Great game! Rockstar every time surpass themselves! Never these developers were not bad games. Graphics pleasing to the eye, I could not imagine that you can still squeeze out the old generation of consoles in terms of graphics, but Rockstar VERY surprised. In all other respects the same as everywhere I wondered. 10 of 10 uniquely.
  27. Nov 14, 2013
    As a gaming platform i prefer PC, and i think it will be great loss for humanity not to have version for this platform. But then again it doesnt change the fact that this game is awesome.
  28. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: Amazing graphics, definitely an upgrade from GTAIV, some of the best water/graphics on PS3. 10.

Sound: Triple A voice acting, amazing soundtrack/variety of radio stations, gun sounds are more realistic, this is a believable GTA. 10. Gameplay: The best sandbox open world game to date, the amount of freedom is only surpassed by future GTA games. The game's innovative

Gameplay: The best sandbox open world game to date, the amount of freedom is only surpassed by future GTA games. The game's innovative new mechanics allows you to control 3 characters that you switch back and forth from. There's too much to say, and not enough words on paper that can describe this game, it really is top notch. 10.

Story: The story is interesting and will keep you coming back to finish it. 10.

Replay Value: Do I even need to talk about replay value in a GTA game? This is a game we only get every 4 to 5 years, and there's a reason for that. 10.

Overall Score: 10 out of 10.
  29. Nov 15, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V is by far the best game of the GTA series (although i know Rockstar Games could have done much better). The game itself is near perfect despite many of the online problems for the multiplayer. I would recommend this to all the real GTA fans.
  30. Nov 25, 2013
    One word can be used to describe this game, jaw-dropping. Grand Theft Auto V takes place in Vinewood otherwise known as a parody of modern day Southern California. There are 3 playable characters who are Michael, Franklin and Trevor and the game is played in a third person perspective.

Firstly, the visuals are absolutely beautiful. Honestly, at times I felt as though I was playing on a high -end PC. For example, if you go to the top of the Vinewood sign and look out at the city, it sparkles with a gorgeous lighting engine.

Secondly, the characters are exceptional. The voice acting is superb and the actors must commended for their exceptional performance. Reason being, because the characters fulfill their purpose as big time burglars and manage to trap you in the moment.

Thirdly, the gameplay is definitive. It is the best feeling game I have ever played. Movement is fluid, driving is fast and responsive, shooting is bold and flying is realistic. If i were to recommend any game for its gameplay it would be this.

In summary, this is an essential if you love face-paced action.
  31. Nov 16, 2013
    Witnessing anything less then absolute success is a near impossible task by the developers at Rockstar. It further seems impossible with their latest release. Grand Theft Auto 5 is the most recent in a series of successful video games that have stood the test of time. From GTA to GTA 5 every one in between has its audience. An audience that is expanding.

Rockstar has turned this

Rockstar has turned this extravagant game from a third person sandbox action game into a lush beautiful realm that the players can indulge in with hours of game play and fun.

Each character has an in depth life that the gamer can discover as they transition from location to location.

Stunning graphics and appeal has made this game a fantastic competitor that will be tough to beat.
  32. Nov 16, 2013
    GTA V is obviously the best open-world game of this generation.It beat every other game in every aspect,i.e.,graphics, gameplay, driving mechanics, story, etc.
  33. Nov 18, 2013
    This game has it all.
    This game has it all.
    open sandbox, Trevor, loads of different htings to do, racing all kinds of vehicles, shooting, great storyline, and side missions, funny, gorey, messing. And least of all the graphics and lighting are so amazing. And all of that on the current gen of consoles. Sows up every other dev company in the world who clearly arent making any effort in their games(Battlefield 4 for example, need I say any more). Dice you bunch of scando hipsters.

Someone needs to unleash the power of Trevor Philips on your money grabbing asses
  34. Nov 19, 2013
    Can't say it is better than GTA 4 in term of story part ,but it's certainly the best looking open world game of this generation.If you have a ps3 or xbox360 then you must certainly buy this.
  35. Nov 20, 2013
    The GTA series has been around for awhile and is always entertaining and enjoyable so it's no surprise that GTA V is a fantastic game. The story is very enjoyable and the open world is realistic as well as the many vehicles available for operating with the addition of customizing them as well. There's a great amount of weapons as well and they are customizable too. The online mode of GTA VThe GTA series has been around for awhile and is always entertaining and enjoyable so it's no surprise that GTA V is a fantastic game. The story is very enjoyable and the open world is realistic as well as the many vehicles available for operating with the addition of customizing them as well. There's a great amount of weapons as well and they are customizable too. The online mode of GTA V is fun as well but needs great improvement like the addition of abilities and patches for the many glitches the online contains. Heists and content creator will be added soon but have no official release date. Overall GTA V is a very enjoyable game and you will enjoy it and it very well earns it's M rating so I wouldn't recommend letting your kids play it. Expand
  36. Nov 20, 2013
    An amazing game from the get go. Not just because of the fact that Rockstar pay attention to every little bit of detail... No, beyond that is a game that tries hard to do everything right, and bar a few small niggles (which are mostly personal anyway) it delivers on a huge scale.

Single player is perfect. A brilliant story that is told across all three characters, and this is a mechanic that I think Rockstar will now have to stick to, and in my opinion that is great! Multiplayer, for me, is where it shines. I have dumped 80 hours already into the multiplayer, and I am steadily leveling up. This game, although being for current gen systems, just shows that the PS3 and Xbox 360 still have a lot of life left in them.

If you haven't played this game already, I urge you to. Because you won't be disappointed. Bring on the next GTA, but for now, spend some time in Los Santos.
  37. Nov 21, 2013
    I really loved the game I played about 50 hours and I'm at 80% and I'm sure I'll play this game until the launch of gta 6. Online and also this really cool now that rockstar gave us 500,000 to do what want
    Its like a golden key to close our beloved GENERATION
  38. Nov 22, 2013
    good game no flaws.ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
  39. Nov 22, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V as compared to all its preceedors had 1 thing a dog. i waited 4 long GTA games just to play with a dog companion :'D the game introduced a lot of real life happening into the game. the game is long and awesome to explore. the last exploration game i played that i loved was just cause 2. Gta 5 surpassed JC2 and i had spent hours exploring it and still haven't tired aGrand Theft Auto V as compared to all its preceedors had 1 thing a dog. i waited 4 long GTA games just to play with a dog companion :'D the game introduced a lot of real life happening into the game. the game is long and awesome to explore. the last exploration game i played that i loved was just cause 2. Gta 5 surpassed JC2 and i had spent hours exploring it and still haven't tired a bit. i'm more of a slow gamer so i'm exploring every detail side missions loving it all still haven't completed :p -1 for multiplayer as i didn't like it much Expand
  40. Nov 23, 2013
    Simply the greatest game I've ever played. Both the single player experience and the online (not that its functioning fine) are 2 of the most fun experiences I've ever had with countless years of gaming, nothing comes close
  41. Nov 24, 2013
    This is a great game with a great story mode, and a fun online game play where you can do what you want with your friends, The good parts of the online mode is the fun missions, races, and overall activities that you can enjoy, as well as join your friends to add to the fun. But there are a few short comings for online, one is the bugs in the game can really mess you up some times, alsoThis is a great game with a great story mode, and a fun online game play where you can do what you want with your friends, The good parts of the online mode is the fun missions, races, and overall activities that you can enjoy, as well as join your friends to add to the fun. But there are a few short comings for online, one is the bugs in the game can really mess you up some times, also it is hard to make a good amount of money in the game to buy any of the guns, cars, and so on. But on the bright side of things Rockstar Games promises to keep working on the game until it's better as well as adding a few more things to do online.
    ( Like the Heist missions.)
  42. Dec 2, 2013
    Graphics this sector of the GTA games never was the strongest part, but after a few minutes of playing the whole thing is growing in you so you start to notice the beauty of the visuals. 8/10
    Gameplay In my opinion the best thing the series deliver to the player!.strong controls with clever ideas make the game an obsolute experience. shooting, driving, fighting, running and much much more to do with none noticable mistake. 10/10
    Story Maybe the least good part of the game. The story goes well for the most part of the game and the 3 characters are very interesting and some missions wil blown your mind. the thing, although, turns for the worst at the end when the story doesn't actually has good finale. 8/10
    Final Verdic This is another great game with many thing to deliver to you!...it lives up to his ancestors and sometimes it sucks you in so much that you will not notice that 3-4 hours have past!!! unfortunatelly the dissappointing story doesnt "let" the game to be an absolut perfect 10/10....so 9/10 is the most suitable score for GTA V.
  43. Nov 25, 2013
    This game is awesome! They really created a masterpiece for the old generation. Massive open world with a lot of possibilities and side quests. You can spend hours of hours playing this game
  44. Nov 27, 2013
    Another standard GTA game, fun to play and great story line. Nothing outstanding in terms of game play, tho the character switching is a good idea it only brings that little something different. Not a good looking as more current games but not terrible. I've not finished it yet, I'm close, but I've not got the urge to complete it it. I got it on Day One too...
  45. Nov 28, 2013
    Fun and Addicting! Great storyline but could be longer. Stunning visuals especially for a 7 yr old console. The online segment is fun for quite a while... if you have people to play with! !!10!!
  46. Nov 28, 2013
    To call it excellent would be disingenuous. GTA V is a good game. It has very high quality banter going between characters most of the game and it does have a wealth of content. Main story missions are somewhat varied even if all of the side missions are mind numbingly generic.

The game suffers from occasional pop-ins, a still inept multiplayer experience, and the famous jack of all trades master of none phenomenon. You can do anything which often feels a lot like nothing.

Ultimately, I sunk a week into it and have no inspiration to continue the game. Not something I'm fond of with full price games. Get it on a sale or in an inevitable bundle some day.
  47. Nov 30, 2013
    Absolutely fantastic. Multiple characters is a unique feature that brings a cool feeling of a special immersion into their world. Rockstar delivered on their promises. The game features a fantastic 16-player online mode. I could not ask for more. A brilliant checkpoint system, unlike GTA IV. The whole game could be accurately subtitled "Unlike GTA IV." Everything GTA IV did wrong, theyAbsolutely fantastic. Multiple characters is a unique feature that brings a cool feeling of a special immersion into their world. Rockstar delivered on their promises. The game features a fantastic 16-player online mode. I could not ask for more. A brilliant checkpoint system, unlike GTA IV. The whole game could be accurately subtitled "Unlike GTA IV." Everything GTA IV did wrong, they fixed, and did better than any other game. Shooting isn't great, but that's not the main part of the game, so I don't care.

P.S. if you dislike the genre/series, then why are you on here rating it a zero? It makes absolutely no sense.
    From "saintsrowiv" rating it a 0: "I hate this game man the worced game i have ever played!!!! especiall this one i am not a realistic guy if you know what i mean like ime more of a saints row guy"
  48. Dec 26, 2013
    *sigh* Sharing opinion about this game could make me a fool, but doesn't matter; YOLO. Needless to say, I found it extremely difficult not to enjoy this game. Might you agree that awesome games like this are able to keep the gaming industry on its feet. We all like different games and nothing's wrong about that. On Internets I am often finding comments in which someone says to gamers to*sigh* Sharing opinion about this game could make me a fool, but doesn't matter; YOLO. Needless to say, I found it extremely difficult not to enjoy this game. Might you agree that awesome games like this are able to keep the gaming industry on its feet. We all like different games and nothing's wrong about that. On Internets I am often finding comments in which someone says to gamers to get a f*****g life or articles in which some criminal committed murder, because GTA. I am not like that. Time to time I'm playing games... and I enjoy them. The time enjoyed wasting is not a wasted time; remember this, people Expand
  49. Dec 1, 2013
    GTA is a great game! Fun combat system, Great driving and an huge open world is really fun. Also love the good story. Nearly an perfect game. If you love action games with a great story, than this is for you
  50. Dec 6, 2013
    Excellent game as often mention. Definitely a must-have for any PS3 owner.
    Deserves all the good that was said about it. It's huge, beautiful (in its universe...), catchy, enjoyable.
    Excellent game as often mention. Definitely a must-have for any PS3 owner.
    Only point to avoid the 10 I found the open world was a bit too "open" sometimes. As a more mid-core gamer, some tips, pop-ups and guidance to find missions would be helpful. Controls are a bit complex to me but I guess it's a plus for more hardcore gamers.
  51. Dec 13, 2013
    GTA V is a good, but not masterful. Great Visuals, many annoying bugs and a minimalistic story With a multiplayer I am not a fan of. I recommend it to everyone, but it wasn't good enough this time Rockstar. Even though this is a massive step from the disaster called GTA IV.
  52. Dec 13, 2013
    By far the best GTA game in the franchise. everything was near flawless. The graphics, the vehicle handling systems, and things to do was dramatically increased and improved compared to GTA IV. However, there is still some issues (more so online) that they are still trying to fix. I could care less for those issues to be fixed, but if it makes the experience better than it already is, thenBy far the best GTA game in the franchise. everything was near flawless. The graphics, the vehicle handling systems, and things to do was dramatically increased and improved compared to GTA IV. However, there is still some issues (more so online) that they are still trying to fix. I could care less for those issues to be fixed, but if it makes the experience better than it already is, then hey, fantastic! from breathtaking views, to the more rural parts of Los Santos. GTA V will surly live up to its reputation. Expand
  53. Dec 14, 2013
    Fantastic game, in every aspect this game is superb. Great graphics, epic gameplay, fantastic story and really good music including the best set of radio stations ever in a gta game. There is a ton of stuff to do and it's all extremely polished and fun. Plus, when you buy the game, you also get gta online, which is easily worth the price of the game. Gta online has an unlimited amount ofFantastic game, in every aspect this game is superb. Great graphics, epic gameplay, fantastic story and really good music including the best set of radio stations ever in a gta game. There is a ton of stuff to do and it's all extremely polished and fun. Plus, when you buy the game, you also get gta online, which is easily worth the price of the game. Gta online has an unlimited amount of things to do and I enjoy it more than the main game. Gta 5 is the best game I have ever played. Expand
  54. Dec 14, 2013
    The attention to detail in this game is unlike any other. You can literally almost do anything in this game, while pushing the graphical limits of the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
  55. Dec 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. WARNING! THE FLOWING REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!

Let me start by saying this, I adore GTA V. Sure it can go a bit over the top at times, such as the torture mission, but we must remember that it's a GTA game and that it is rated 18+ for a reason.

GTA V is a beautiful game, although with some occasional texture pop-in, which became more apparent as I progressed through the main story. However the world is absolutely HUGE! The is so much to do in both Los Santos and the Blaine County that it's hard to run out of things to do. The are a few mini-games on top of free roam such as golf, tennis, skydiving and darts, just to name a few. However, the biggest thing that GTA V has going for it is free roam and cheat codes. The game is so much fun with low gravity and explosive melee attacks, while invincible of course.

Although every game has it's faults and one I found in GTA V was that the final heist just didn't reward me enough. Sure $26 million might sound like more than enough, especially over all three characters, but it just isn't. Though this issue isn't enough to bring down my score for the game, a perfect 10. I hope you found my review helpful and I will we you all on my next review.
  56. Dec 21, 2013
    Most videogames I dislike quite a bit in the final wash up (if I even make it to the end). One or more aspects are poor to horrible and this greatly detracts from the overall experience. The games come across as rushed and uninspired. People remark that The Last of Us (a great game) had a more emotional and 'engaging' plot/story to GTA V. I prefer laughing than being moved. As regardsMost videogames I dislike quite a bit in the final wash up (if I even make it to the end). One or more aspects are poor to horrible and this greatly detracts from the overall experience. The games come across as rushed and uninspired. People remark that The Last of Us (a great game) had a more emotional and 'engaging' plot/story to GTA V. I prefer laughing than being moved. As regards gameplay, in all its many facets, GTA V is either much better or on par with other games. Normally I focus on main storylines with other games, completing some sidequests (until I become bored). GTA V is so well constructed, so entertaining, that I'm not thinking about the next game to play. It's going to be hard act to follow for Rockstar. But then they have five years to spend on the next one, as they actually make games to be played, not 'finished'. Looking forward to the DLC, and might give GTA Online a look, despite negative press. Maybe GTA 6 will be a killer sandbox straight MMO to change things up again? Lastly, this game deserves to sell PS3s and 360s (with the new consoles a couple of months away). AC4 with next generation graphics is nothing on this. It's only an improvement on post AC2 releases. It's still got those horrible aspects I mentioned. Game of the year? Of course. Game of the generation. Followed by The Last of Us. The two games that were truly polished. Expand
  57. Dec 23, 2013
    Rockstar ended the seventh generation with a fantastic game. GTA 5's map if gigantic, with a variety of environments including beaches, forests, mountains, deserts, cities and towns, and plains. The 3 main characters in the game have very different personalities: a retired criminal who hates his life, a gang banger who has grown up in the hood, and a psychotic drug dealer. GTA 5 is aRockstar ended the seventh generation with a fantastic game. GTA 5's map if gigantic, with a variety of environments including beaches, forests, mountains, deserts, cities and towns, and plains. The 3 main characters in the game have very different personalities: a retired criminal who hates his life, a gang banger who has grown up in the hood, and a psychotic drug dealer. GTA 5 is a must-have for those still playing their xbox 360 or ps3. Expand
  58. Dec 24, 2013
    I think the game was a little too over-hyped. The game world is large, but sadly, there isn't very much to do in it after the story and it get's boring very quickly.
    All the reviews I had read, except this one: http://gmacwebs.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/gta-v-not-as-good-as-expected_4.html seemed to just over-sell he game, claiming it is the most advanced, immerdive and indepth game which, once I had actually gotten my hands on the game, just seemed to ring totally untrue.
    I understand that people gave it such a high and glowing review because either Rockstar told them too (it's too clear that IGN, Gamestop and Game Informer were in some way "bribed" to give it such a glowing review) or because they're die hard fans of the Grand Theft Auto series.
    In my personal opinion, the game is much less than I overall expected. I listened to the reviews and thought "wow! this game looks incredible" but was massively disappointed by the vast majority of the game.

The game does have some good sides. For example, the graphics are better than most of the games out this generation, the lighting is very good and the storyline, in places, was very good. But all of this is countered-out by the irritating police, the lack of things to do, lack of discovery aspect (there wasn't much to find from exploring as there were next-to no easter eggs or very interesting things to find once you just went on a ramble), lack of vehicular customisation, repetitive nature of the things to find (i.e: letter scraps) and many more features just took the wind out of my enjoyment of the game.
    Also, when they said the game would be largest, most in depth, immersive and advanced, clearly they had never played a Bethesda game namely: Skyrim which had more content and much more things to do outside of missions.

Overall, I give the game 3/10. This is simply due to the over-hype Rockstar gave, the over-selling IGN, Gamespot and Game Informer gave, and the lack of delivery the game gave. In short: It came up, sadly, too far under par. I really wanted to give the game 10/10 or oeve 9/10, but sadly, there's too many things wrong with the game, and too many of them are too frequent which takes the immersivity, enjoyment and pleasure out from the game.
  59. Dec 26, 2013
    GTA V offer the BEST open world in a game ive ever seen EVER. it is alive and awesome ranging from the city to the giant mountain scapes GTA V has detail everywhere. You play as 3 main charters Michael the rich dude, Franklin the guy who likes to go the strip club and then the best of them all the psychopath trevor philips. Michael and Franklin are horrible protagonist feeling very weakGTA V offer the BEST open world in a game ive ever seen EVER. it is alive and awesome ranging from the city to the giant mountain scapes GTA V has detail everywhere. You play as 3 main charters Michael the rich dude, Franklin the guy who likes to go the strip club and then the best of them all the psychopath trevor philips. Michael and Franklin are horrible protagonist feeling very weak development and generic with Michael getting a little better charter at the end Trevor is amazing this psychopath dose whatever the he wants and great charter with amazing development ahh i just love trevor. The gameplay is really weak with the guns felling all the same and generic the gunplay is really garbage and with the auto assit running aiming the gun recoil is horrible if there is any the cars handle and drive very well tho with plenty of cars and upgrades to them the story is very weak but the heist are amazing with a depth planing setting up and varying the gameplay. GTA V is packed with a whole load of content that im surprised it runs on the 360 and ps3 the graphics are fairly decent but in certain parts looking amazing. the gta online allows you to go online with friends and take part in missions but where it really shines is the creator mode you can make races and death matches its very deep and amazing. I rate GTA V a 7.5 this game is great but in my opinion its not the 10 out 10 game of year masterpiece but i can see why people would think that GTA V is more of a mess around sim for me i loved messing around making my own fun exploring the open world and chilling with mates in the gta online i can redmond this game to anyone who wants to mess around in a open world and found the one in saints row 4 and Trevor ahhhhhh when the price drops this a defiant buy you need to explore the open world you get alot of play time and fun but the general gameplay really lacks Expand
  60. Feb 10, 2014
    It was awesome playing the most beautiful and incredible game Iever playd, full of hot beaches incredible montains and awesome game play. The story is amazing. However, there are some bad bugs.
  61. Feb 14, 2014
    I think its time to improve on the missions. They are all very similar since firts GTA games. Everything else in this game, is FANTASTIC. Incredible cars, a fantastic gigantic map to explore, lots of improvements on the gameplay and having 3 characters to choose its a succesfull one.
  62. Jun 3, 2014
    This game is terrible, the worst characters ever made for a gta game, worst gta ever made, no much improves, too agressive and ugly characters, poor storyline, i have the disgrace to play this game for the ps3, and the driving mechanics are a disaster, if you want to go hunt, you can't, you want a race, you can't, you can't do nothing in this trash of game. I think rockstar is destroyingThis game is terrible, the worst characters ever made for a gta game, worst gta ever made, no much improves, too agressive and ugly characters, poor storyline, i have the disgrace to play this game for the ps3, and the driving mechanics are a disaster, if you want to go hunt, you can't, you want a race, you can't, you can't do nothing in this trash of game. I think rockstar is destroying his franchises like max payne 3.
    Just one of the worst titles for the ps3.
  63. Mar 18, 2014
    Perfection in a game is hard to come by an Rockstar have achieved this with GTA5.
    Worth every cent i spent on it and recomend a 11/10gfdsddhgfggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
  64. Sep 11, 2014
    grand theft auto 5 is a great game the open world is large and there is an always endless list of things to do, however 3 characters although good meant each character wasn't able to develop as strongly as Niko & CJ from previous installments, the online mode is good but has problems. the irony is of course it gets marked down not because it is bad but because partly of the quality of thegrand theft auto 5 is a great game the open world is large and there is an always endless list of things to do, however 3 characters although good meant each character wasn't able to develop as strongly as Niko & CJ from previous installments, the online mode is good but has problems. the irony is of course it gets marked down not because it is bad but because partly of the quality of the rest of the series and also because after being delayed multiple times my expectations had grown to a level that the game couldn't reach, Expand
  65. Sep 18, 2014
    I just paid for a megladon shark card and It didn't give the money to me so I think it is **** and a scam I want my money you **** so give it to me!!!
  66. Jan 26, 2014
    Perfect end to the generation. Great story, acting, and full of laughs. If there's one complaint is that the gunplay is a bit lacking, but it doesn't detract from what is an amazing gaming experience.
  67. Oct 21, 2013
    Among the greatest games I've ever played. The character switching is phenomenal, the story is awesome, the graphics are jawdropping, the score is rich and the gameplay is so phucking fantastic. There is just so much to do. It's amazing.
  68. Sep 25, 2013
    Well,, well well. It's a very good game. It really changed, compared to te GTA IV, in driving, missions, HP, almost everything. BUT, some of this things changed for good and for bad.
    For example: The HP that the characters has it incredibly changed for bad. Why?. Because WE, players of GTA, aren't so used to die so fast. The HP used to last more.
    The mission/history: Well, when you buy
    The mission/history: Well, when you buy the game you have a lot of patience to see the histories going through you watch it, and its alright. But the histories are too loutish, it lasts a lot to say nothing. And, compared to the other ones, GTA's, the missions aren't so funny to do.
    The Map: The map is simply HUGE, and it's a little bit boring when you are going to do the mission, because it's delays a lot to arrive at the target. AND on GTA IV we had a lot of taxis going by through the city, but on GTA V, when we need the taxi we don't have, compared to the GTA IV, there are only 60% of the taxis that had on the other game.
    The driving: It's awesome. Now you can run with it and its don't shake as the GTA IV
    The graphic: It's also amazing the streets are really real, with a lot of details
    And to finish, making a review. The songs of the radio are known and cool. But that are other things in the game there you can't understand why it doesn't happen/exist.
  69. Oct 19, 2013
    A brilliant comeback for the GTA franchise, with a massive map, new characters (as well as the odd cameo), fantastic script. This game leaves you with so much to do, so much to explore and you can spend hours and hours on this game having all the fun you want!
  70. Feb 9, 2014
    I'm an expert player and i play almost any genre out there and after playing the gtaV really A LOT, i can say it's a new masterpiece of the serie. Single player is superb, with beautiful acting and characters that you will love, improved game mechanics, the best graphic you will get on PS3 (natural and artificial lighting is just wonderful... astonishing sunsets and the city by night isI'm an expert player and i play almost any genre out there and after playing the gtaV really A LOT, i can say it's a new masterpiece of the serie. Single player is superb, with beautiful acting and characters that you will love, improved game mechanics, the best graphic you will get on PS3 (natural and artificial lighting is just wonderful... astonishing sunsets and the city by night is just beautiful) and an enormous living world. It just looks so real, so many details. And... GTA online is just FANTASTIC, i will play this game a lot in the next years. So what are you waiting. BUY IT now. Expand
  71. Oct 9, 2013
    I was skeptical about this game as I've grown tired of the open world format these days. However, I received the game as a gift and was happily surprised! Improved graphics, more control over how heists are done. Deeper characters that you can switch between at anytime even during missions. The drives aren't as long and tedious to get where your going as they were in previous installmentsI was skeptical about this game as I've grown tired of the open world format these days. However, I received the game as a gift and was happily surprised! Improved graphics, more control over how heists are done. Deeper characters that you can switch between at anytime even during missions. The drives aren't as long and tedious to get where your going as they were in previous installments of this franchise. The online mode is exceptionally improved as well Expand
  72. Oct 25, 2013
    GTA V is everything you could want and more in a game. Rockstar have delivered the ultimate sandbox experience! It more than lives up to the hype and as such is without doubt is utterly unmissable. The game was arguably the most anticipated off all time and as soon as the action starts you'll know straight away that you are in for something extraordinary. Baring in mind the next genGTA V is everything you could want and more in a game. Rockstar have delivered the ultimate sandbox experience! It more than lives up to the hype and as such is without doubt is utterly unmissable. The game was arguably the most anticipated off all time and as soon as the action starts you'll know straight away that you are in for something extraordinary. Baring in mind the next gen consoles are fast approaching, this is the last hurrah on the current gen and it's one that you will savour for many years to come. GTA IV at the time was regarded as one of, if not the, greatest game but for me GTA V eclipses it's predecessor. Ditching the dark and gloomy Libery City in favour of the rich, classy, vibrancy of Los Santos, GTA V isn't just better than IV but so much bigger and beautiful. Infact, it's colossal! But what's so impressive is how detailed every last component is. The possibilities are literally endless. It's so open that you will never struggle for something to do. That's the beauty of GTA! The characters Rockstar create are always awesome, Niko was and is still a much loved creation but the ever innovative guys behind GTA have gone even bolder and braver and given is the luxury of 3 lead characters. And all 3 are amazing! Each to their own they have their own personalities but when they come together it's simply sensational. Trevor Phillips is possibly the greatest video game character ever made. Steven Ogg is outstanding in his stellar portrayal. He's an aggressive, rude, crude, violent, egotistic psychopath but absolutely hilarious from his introduction. The other playable characters are Michael and Franklin. Both, particularly Michael are excellent, are good but not quite Trevor, who i'm sure will be remembered for years to come. The gameplay is has refined and tweaked and despite some minor gripes the epic and exhilariating fun that is here to be had it's impossible not to overlook them and just become engrossed in such an exceptional experience. The driving aspect is one key area where there has been an overwhelming improvement. It was frustrating last time out but this time round it's enjoyable and the simplicity of it means going for a spin was never more relaxing. Then single player focuses mainly on heists and how all 3 main characters intertwine with one another which produces some truly magnificent missions to be had as you explore Los Santos to it's bare bones. The set pieces are stunning throughout and often leave you in awe. What's also genius is the way the characters interchange, being able to change between the 3 leads is brilliant and the it's always brilliant to see what scenario your character is when you change from one to another. To top it all off, GTA Online is now available and the problems have been addressed. They've even added some funs out of generosity! Online is going to better and bigger. It's a certainty! And you have to remember that it's in it's early stages and that makes it even more intriguing and impressive. The opportunities Rockstar will supply everybody online with is very much a fantastic prospect. Create your character, join a clan, play with some mates, do some missions.. You'll never run out of things to do!

All in all GTA V is just an unbelievable package. Rockstar have once again delivered the essential game and presented the current generation consoles with one of the greatest games of all time! It's epic fun. With endless possibilties ranging from the gigantic world of Los Santos, the incredible story, 3 genius and enthralling characters, a great and an ever expanding online mode... Grand Theft Auto V is another landmark moment for gaming and a game that anyone with a console should own!
  73. Oct 31, 2013
    They should call this game a tale of two cities. It's the best of times, it's the worst of times. From a technological visual design the game is absolutely amazing. The characters are all memorable and have some great dialog. Now the bad teleporting bad guys and cops. It's so bad that I've turned off the console on numerous occasions. It just happened a moment ago. I came across aThey should call this game a tale of two cities. It's the best of times, it's the worst of times. From a technological visual design the game is absolutely amazing. The characters are all memorable and have some great dialog. Now the bad teleporting bad guys and cops. It's so bad that I've turned off the console on numerous occasions. It just happened a moment ago. I came across a scene where a drug deal or some such event went down poorly and there were bodies everywhere. I found a case of money picked it up and looked around for any threats. Nothing. I drove to the bottom of the hill, got out of my car and two guys teleported in on motorcycles and killed me. This is truly not fun. The other thing is the cops. You get a wanted star for even the most minor infraction (e.g. kicking a car). The cops then teleport in and their cars are faster than yours and nearly impossible to P.I.T.T. Another example, I lost the cops found a spot hidden in the rocks under an overhang and ducked down. 10 seconds later, two cops showed up and wasted me. Their accuracy is amazing. Gone is the ability to just mess around. Anything you do gets the cops on you and that is fun the first bunch of times, but wears incredibly thin. Expand
  74. Oct 23, 2013
    You know that feeling you get... that sad feeling you get when Christmas day is over and you realize that the day you've anticipated for so long has come and gone? That's how I felt when the credits started rolling when I completed GTA 5. This is actually the first GTA I've played. Yes, there are shocking moments, but this game is a masterpiece. It's my guilty pleasure for sure. The storyYou know that feeling you get... that sad feeling you get when Christmas day is over and you realize that the day you've anticipated for so long has come and gone? That's how I felt when the credits started rolling when I completed GTA 5. This is actually the first GTA I've played. Yes, there are shocking moments, but this game is a masterpiece. It's my guilty pleasure for sure. The story is awesome and the gameplay is so fun. Worth every penny and more. Expand
  75. Oct 17, 2014
    Rockstar last GTA installment is a masterpiece for what concerns scale and spectacularity. It depicts Los Angeles and California pretty closely, ironically exaggerating its defects and letting the setting magnify its bright spots. The way the player is treated feels bitter, anyway.
    Programmers are always sure you get to see the best landscaping views, and didn't bother giving a significance to side missions outside of just enjoying them. These make a player feel like he is being shown a game he doesn't have any possibility to change, which is the intention you buy a sandbox game with.
    The plot is well written and linear. That is a plus since you really went to play a big game like this without leaving anything back. The only characters that stands out is Trevor, while Franklin and Michael feel cliché. The overall 'decading age' feeling is very well portrayed and represents modern society in a great way.
    GTA V is fun, big, and breathtaking. Just be aware that the low interaction between what you do and what you are told makes everything less personal.
  76. Oct 16, 2013
    Do you love causing mayhem? Don't lie, the answer is Yes.

Do you love causing mayhem? Don't lie, the answer is Yes.

This game is not just Grand Theft Auto. This game is Tiger Woods Pro Golf, this game is Need For Speed, this game is WaveRunner (N64 throwback), this game is basically every type of game you would want all bundled into one. Epic characters, insane heists (which you can play multiple ways!), and room for many, MANY expansions makes this game incredible to say the least.

Buy or Rent?

If you only want to experience the bare minimum the game has to offer, then rent. It will still take a solid 20 hours to beat, even if you rush the main story. The thing is, the main story is not where the game really shines (it is but it isn't), the "real" enjoyment of the game (IMO) is in the ambient world. It is fully alive with everyday activities and things going on around you. Ever stopped outside the skyscraper downtown to hear a lawyer to complain about his client on the cell? Epic stuff.

This game will always sit on my shelf as a milestone of gaming history.
  77. Oct 28, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V was released with massive hype and limited spoilers as to how the gameplay and mechanics would work. RockStar spent the better part of 5 years developing the concept for this game.
    With the expectations so high prior to it's release. This reviewer was honestly expecting a failure of a game.
    What I did not expect was a game to exceed the hype and create a game so large
    What I did not expect was a game to exceed the hype and create a game so large in scale that it creates a new standard for all open world games.
    The game focuses on three protagonists. Trevor. Michael and Franklin.
    Each of whom have different backgrounds and life situations. Who all stories intertwine and become a trio of anti-heroes who organise bank heists.
    Without delving too much into the characters. Rockstar do a fantastic job creating a basic prologue of each character do make each of them mildly interesting to the player.
    The interchangeable players is a nice touch. But this sacrifices deep storytelling of a single lead character.
    A small irk though. Graphically it is amazing. Among the best realism on the current gen. The simple control's stay true to the traditional style. Set in a reimagined Los Santos and Blaine County. This visual masterpiece is this franchise best release since San Andreas on PS2.
    My only problems with this game. Reused dialogue. Lack of in depth character development and at times it feels a little lacklustre but that is few and far and between.
    On the upside Missions are fun. The Chemistry between Micheal and Trevor is hilarious. There is always something to do.
    This game is a new level of quality which will take some beating.
  78. Oct 20, 2013
    This game really deserves a 10. Keeping online from us from the start knocks it down a point. Then the online mess we are dealing with knocks another off. If they can fix the online problems, this game is still the best game out there and deserves that point back. Then if they can make up for it by compensating us somehow, it should be a solid 9.5. "It" being the character, money,This game really deserves a 10. Keeping online from us from the start knocks it down a point. Then the online mess we are dealing with knocks another off. If they can fix the online problems, this game is still the best game out there and deserves that point back. Then if they can make up for it by compensating us somehow, it should be a solid 9.5. "It" being the character, money, apartment, gun, car losses we have all endured. A couple lame ones like buying a gun then it makes you buy it again were mildly irritating but when you spend all day and lose hundreds of thousands of dollars and several ranks, that is too much.
    Having said all that, it still is the best game designed yet. There is so much fun to be had in this game. The comradery is so great in it. The crews was a very smart move.
  79. Mar 6, 2014
    Fun in all Senses, this masterpiece guide you to the life of 3 different kind of people to accomplish something together, is really funny how the interact with everything in this gorgeous world, tons os things to do, excellent main missions and a really good on-line companion to add more fun, perfect 10 for me
  80. Sep 29, 2013
    Another Rockstar game and yet another masterpiece. For a game of this magnitude Rockstar have really pushed the boat out on this one, considering we are now around the 7 year console life cycle you will be amazed in how far they have come not only for a GTA title in itself but for also how amazing it looks and feels on an 7 year old piece of hardware.

Despite the phenomenal graphical

Despite the phenomenal graphical technical achievements, the game play has also vastly improved over it's predecessors; Thanks to Max Payne 3 they were able to implement the gun mechanics and now the gun shooting is so fluid and responsive which makes a big deal in a big open world crime game. The driving has also been vastly improved; now I know there is a lot of complaints regarding the driving but in my opinion it's definitely a lot tighter and is a lot more enjoyable and fun to drive compared to GTA IV. The activities are more diverse this time, (respectfully because of the huge diverse open world) ranging from parachuting to jet skiing, playing golf to hunting. There is so much to do, you will easily clock a 100hrs maybe even more you will just have to let your imagination run wild.

However as with any GTA title the story is what the core of the game is all about and I gotta say this is by far the best story/plot in any GTA game ever produced. The missions are so enjoyable to play and they actually make sense now as oppose to some of the mindless pointless missions in GTA IV. There was not a single mission where I was bored and it's very cool to see a lot of references to films of what the missions were based on. The story length might be a little shorter compared to previous GTA titles but I take quality over quantity any day.

All we can wait for now is GTA: Online and I have no doubt that will also be equally as awesome if not better.

So what you all waiting for, if you haven't picked up this title go frigging do it no!
  81. May 3, 2014
    One of the best game I've ever played, with a huge world which offers days of gametime. The story is good and the character design is fantastic. Only issue is the Multiplayer, which is chaotic and at times difficult to navigate. Worth getting solely for single player though.
  82. Oct 20, 2013
    Excellent single player game. The characters are engaging and relateable. Everything controls great frankly there's not much to say. The single player is wonderful. GTA Online is horribly boring (I'm completely ignoring the ongoing technical issues, I've been able to play online a few times this past week). The trailer for online looked so much better than the online game itself.Excellent single player game. The characters are engaging and relateable. Everything controls great frankly there's not much to say. The single player is wonderful. GTA Online is horribly boring (I'm completely ignoring the ongoing technical issues, I've been able to play online a few times this past week). The trailer for online looked so much better than the online game itself. It's just awful. The single player make everything worth it. Not much more to say this is classic GTA, only better. It just doesn't make any progress in the online world. Expand
  83. Apr 5, 2014
    Story: 8.5 out of 10 Graphics: 9.5 out of 10 Gameplay: 9 out of 10 Fun: 8.5 out of 10 Controls: 10 out of 10 Ease to Learn: 9.5 out of 10
    Multiplayer: 7 out of 10
    Length: 9 out of 10
    Re-play: 9 out of 10
    Audio: 10 out of 10
    Bugs/Glitches: barely any
  84. Oct 20, 2013
    This game is breathtakingly fun but it gets drawn out and a bit repetitive, but still worth the money to have this game in your collection. That being said i loved the fact that rockstar incorporated three playable characters with their own stats, weapons, money and a stock market where you can plan which stocks to buy, with any of the three characters you get to play as. After playing myThis game is breathtakingly fun but it gets drawn out and a bit repetitive, but still worth the money to have this game in your collection. That being said i loved the fact that rockstar incorporated three playable characters with their own stats, weapons, money and a stock market where you can plan which stocks to buy, with any of the three characters you get to play as. After playing my favorite game this gen, the last of us, i realized that Gta v's story is very predictable and seemed oddly put together (with the number of heists and over exaggerated drama). The story that rockstar had with Gta v felt new but soon declined and made you lose that little bit of accomplishment you had playing through the start of the game. I still think that the lifeinvader mission to be this games' most memorable mission. The ending portion of the game seemed to be much more serious then the rest.. You have three outcomes to choose from for the ending (i won't spoil it) and all three endings felt very lackluster and made me say... Really? All of them felt like put together cliches and it felt really rushed compared to the whole premise of the story. Even the "good ending" tries to make light of the whole situation by making some hard advances on really uncanny and unfunny jokes to take away from the seriousness of the atmosphere, which i didn't like. Don't get me wrong i loved the humor in gta v and found myself laughing my ass off but the endings struck a nerve for me. Honestly take a minute and ask yourselves. Is the fifth installment to GTA, a better or on par storyline, with San Andreas (which is still my favourite GTA)? Of course not. San Andreas wasn't cliche, repetitive and drawn out. San andreas had some extraordinary twists that made you excited, the twists were extraordinary and unpredictable and it actually pulled you into the heart of the characters in it. This game really didn't capture and mesmerize me that much and the characters seemed to be unlikable. That being said the characters personified what GTA was really about, so i looked past my views on the characters. Great game overall, disappointed with the climax and execution of the storyline. I find that gta v is a respectable 8 or a 9. Good job rockstar! Expand
  85. Feb 14, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V, on all fronts, has finally met it's true potential as a rpg/shooter, finally blending the joys of both in tangent. With a more vibrant colorful boost up from GTA IV, more diversity of weapons and cheats, weapon customizations and the return of vehicle customizations that have been amped from the San Andreas predecessor, GTA V is a game for anyone willing to either go onGrand Theft Auto V, on all fronts, has finally met it's true potential as a rpg/shooter, finally blending the joys of both in tangent. With a more vibrant colorful boost up from GTA IV, more diversity of weapons and cheats, weapon customizations and the return of vehicle customizations that have been amped from the San Andreas predecessor, GTA V is a game for anyone willing to either go on a rampage or just soak in how alive the city feels, not only by the development of the buildings but also by the interactions of people that are just if not more dynamic than the interactions in Skyrim.

Sure, GTAV faulted on it's GTA Online concept, but I'm glad that, despite that it was still a flop at launch, Rockstar actually had their head on a swivel enough to try to patch it as best as they could without expecting any sort of problems to be expected. For my experiences on the PS3 and in terms of Single Player, the Single Player has a lot to offer, with a 3-protagonist web that never interferes with the joys of gameplays, as each character get their own personal properties and garages to stack their items. The new introduction of the Heists is the highest selling point of this game, a new aspect that allow you to attack and diverge an operation in any sort of way you see fit, mostly in the prospect of benefiting the biggest payout to your main protagonists. The protagonists themselves also have their own situations and issues, being 3 diverse characters with their own prospects and woes. Points are slightly taken away for some of the disturbing imagery that comes about in the story mode, not to mention how the story mode loses a lot of gravity at the end and ends on a short note. The cheat system has returned to the combo mashing, which was somewhat of a pain since GTAIV had the phone dial up that made activating cheats easier, but I could see why they did return: You can make yourself invincible for 5 minutes. No fall damage, no bullet damage, no melee, explosion or fire damage. If one was able to just simply press the cheat at the end time, a person could make themselves invincible indefinitely. But anyhow, Cheat diversity has largely increased, with a lot more exciting cheats rather than the stock cheats. Weapons also have returned with a more satisfying arsenal, with stun guns, machine pistols, light machine guns and my favorite, the minigun. Also, these weapons can have modifications and tints to diversity your need for stopping power. Vehicles have increased in diversity, with even more exotic vehicles to test your limits. IN terms of the general area, Los Santos has a lot of callbacks to it's San Andreas counterpart, increased in size and moved some prominent areas, such as the Stadium and Grove Street. The river layout has become muchmore real and diverse, and Blaine County, serving as the secondary area, also is incredibly diverse with the first introduction of animal life in a GTA GAme since. (if you cant flying rats in GTAIV). This game, alone, is a fun ride that takes you on a new, grandiose tale through the american wastes of capitalism and egotism.
  86. Oct 16, 2013
    Massive, immersive and VERY detailed. A true epic that will be setting the standard for open world games for years to come. The campaign is fun with plenty of interesting missions that add context to the impressive action and game play. The game is not perfect but, for what it does accomplish, giving this game anything less than a 10 would be criminal. The characters are kind of cliche andMassive, immersive and VERY detailed. A true epic that will be setting the standard for open world games for years to come. The campaign is fun with plenty of interesting missions that add context to the impressive action and game play. The game is not perfect but, for what it does accomplish, giving this game anything less than a 10 would be criminal. The characters are kind of cliche and the story is not always as tense as it could be but these are minor issues in the grand scheme of things. There are some minor graphical glitches so I hope that they do release a PC and/or next gen version at some point (this game is worth buying twice). I'm not interested in multiplayer so my review does not contain information regarding that portion of the game. Expand
  87. Feb 16, 2014
    No need for generic introduction; its GTA and that's all you need to know about what kind of game this is! All the sandbox elements are still there, only better: more vehicles, a tonne of customization, more activities, etc, etc.
    What I want to focus on in this review, however, is the single player of GTA5. Sure you can forget about campaign and only play online, which is a ton of fun if you got friends to play with you (I'm not saying you have to play with a friend though), but the campaign of this game... is incredible. It seemed normal that few people would ever beat the gta campaign (not me), but this convention might end with GTA5. Here you got so much content; its like Skyrim, where unlike other rpgs its all about multiple story lines. They are all interesting too; I will be honest I haven't progressed too much in the campaign because I was playing online, but in the first few missions I already had a lot of fun, the game becoming exciting or gripping or funny when it needs be, unlike older GTA titles where the awesome missions only appear after you are well progressed through the game. Characters in GTA5 are vibrant and alive. They might not make you really care about them as if they were your best friends, but they are definitely likable.
    Also like Skyrim you will be kind of "integrated" with the game as you will very likely be playing non-stop. Los Santos really is a place you can live in. GTA5 is a dam good game with its single player alone--since it also offers a multiplayer that is just as big and as deep, GTA5 really is one of the few games that you must play.
  88. Feb 23, 2015
    Gta series never get the console progression.They should be stayed in 16 bits.Gta was a bad game but this V couldn't get out of its decay.Boring,overhyped,pathetic not interesting mental characters,greedy microtransactions.
    I only giving this game 2 because the graphics but this game is not fun but as it's characters a pathetic way to waste time.Rockstar give us a favor and don't make another GTA again. Your mafia cliche bad jokes and tard attitude are already wasted.Let the ip die with dignity, would you?
  89. Aug 27, 2014
    What to say? Rockstar is probably the best gaming developer there is. I mean, when you play a game like this you immediately take conscience that you're in front of something special and perfect in every way.
    STORY AND CHARACTERS: I admit that i was sceptical with the fact of an alternating gameplay between three characters. Forget it it only enhances the experience and My God Trevor...
    PRESENTATION: Los Santos is alive in every sense of the word. You have to love it. Period.
    GAMEPLAY: GTA at it's finest.
    ONLINE: Did not played that much but i believe to be an extension of the campaign.
    A masterpiece.
  90. Dec 28, 2013
    Here we return to San Andreas witha new chapter & you are given 3 Main Protagonists, first of is: Franklin, who is a Repo man by day & gang banger by night who is seeking a bigger score but keeps on coming up short, he coincidentally bumps into our next protagonist during one of his Repo jobs and is given a new line of work which leads to the 2nd Protagonist: Michael, a retired bankHere we return to San Andreas witha new chapter & you are given 3 Main Protagonists, first of is: Franklin, who is a Repo man by day & gang banger by night who is seeking a bigger score but keeps on coming up short, he coincidentally bumps into our next protagonist during one of his Repo jobs and is given a new line of work which leads to the 2nd Protagonist: Michael, a retired bank robber/thief under witness protection who is settled down but struggling to keep composure of himself and his own family oh & he is also believed to be dead to none other then our 3rd & last Protagonist: Trevor, a unpredictable & unstable friend of Michael, they are separated after a bank job gone wrong and is forced into hiding (the prologue), years after sadly he's turnout into a crazy redneck who finds out his long lost friend Michael is alive & well who's living in Los Santos. So he journeys to him in hope of either old times sake or vengeance. The Plot: its the same typical ol' story from R* (not in a bad way), its over the top, comically dark & frantically fun, which is why GTA V is so damn enjoyable especially with the beauty of how well everything syncs into place. They have changed from 1 to 3 protagonists for us which is gold & not only that but how they had implemented the switch through all 3 characters in the game, the way you can freely transition between them(except during missions) is nothing but awesome. The diversity of each character also blends well together with outrageous & serious dialogues which help keep the story smooth and addictive even when doing side missions they've managed to keep them short & simple but fun & crazy too. You can go from helping old overseas tourists stalk washed up Los Santos stars to being a wannabe paparazzi recording a celeb sex video and the list of obscenity goes go on. The in game society is based around todays modern society from spoilt children too new technology & many more which makes their options endless. The gameplay is the usual but it does get boring & repetitive with the same ol' car jacking, 5 star wanted system etc but there is definitely new positive features to the gameplay that spice the game up to new heights. 1 is that all 3 main characters have a special ability each which makes them standout from one another, Franklin can slow down time while driving, Michael can slow down time while on foot and Trevor goes berserk and rages where he becomes superhuman, simply a great feature. Second is single player Heists & Raids which are utterly amazing, The Heists are the pinnacle of each Chapter, let it be from robbing a bank or Raids where you are infiltrating a FIB HQ for data but it's not just that but the way you operate the whole Heist/Raid from scratch, Heists will have you meeting up with the creepy but mastermind behind the Heists: Lester a friend of Michael who gives you choices on how to approach a Heist, from doing it dumb & loud or silent & smooth too the people you want on the job and more, the choices feel linear still but choice always betters a forced option in most cases, same goes for most Raids. These new features show R* are really innovating the GTA franchise without compromising its foundation of the game. The location of it all is a revisit of San Andreas the same proving ground for CJ in GTA: San Andreas hence the name, again R* worked their magic with the size of the map & detail, i barely witnessed any frame rate drops during my play through the game & the bugs were almost oblivious but i'm sure many witnessed some problems during their gameplay through. LA is used as a model format for San Andrea (if you didn't know by now), the game really shows the beauty of SA but also shows their attention to detail by capturing a spitting image of LA in the game from buildings and landmarks to the beach & countryside. The music will always be on the table for debate in games, the music chosen was very unique & most stations provided good music for their genre and even the talk shows were very amusing but there will be many mixed thoughts on this, for me the music/radio stations were on point. Now on to the biggest disappointment of the game: Multiplayer, it had the potential to be one of the greatest online experiences in a long time for consoles but it was bombarded with issues since Day 1, it fell to many problems: server issues, player deletion, cloud issues, reoccurring changes in game (payouts), delay of content release and more. But besides the GTA:O problems it still has great features in it that automatically makes GTAO worth the wait: character customization, playing with friends, doing more missions, dairy stick ups, races, leveling up but still its missing a key ingredient that STILL hasn't been released, HEISTS. The damage is done but it doesn't take away the fact GTAV is a superb game. Overall GTA V is proof of a long running franchise that can still evolve, i'm glad R* has finally found out how to refresh the series & put GTA back on top. Expand
  91. Sep 24, 2013
    It was ok. Not great, not horrible, just ok. I guess I was expecting it to be as awesome as it had been hyped but I found myself kinda bored and not terribly pleased. The characters were way too one-dimensional, making them hard to relate to (unlike gta iv, red dead) and the story was basic. Driving wasn't bad but i got enough of it in gta iv. The yoga, tennis, etc. was ok but there was noIt was ok. Not great, not horrible, just ok. I guess I was expecting it to be as awesome as it had been hyped but I found myself kinda bored and not terribly pleased. The characters were way too one-dimensional, making them hard to relate to (unlike gta iv, red dead) and the story was basic. Driving wasn't bad but i got enough of it in gta iv. The yoga, tennis, etc. was ok but there was no real incentive to do each more than once. Bottom line: meh. Expand
  92. Oct 29, 2013
    Gta V's storyline will keep you interested until the end but still lacks in originality. Those last few side missions are also hard to find and can waste alot of time.
  93. Nov 4, 2013
    greatest game ever created in the history of the universe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  94. Sep 25, 2013
    I feel like GTA V is solidly okay, without living up to the immense hype it is flawed in some areas, especially the driving, and the characters feel very under-developed and one-dimensional, but the landscape is pretty and there is a lot to do in the game's big world.
  95. Sep 28, 2013
    As a game this is good don't get me wrong is great but for a GTA i feel it is lacking. The gameplay is solid and a good improvement from GTA 4 but im sorry but the story and characters are truly poor, Michael somehow manages to be more boring than the silent protagonist form GTA 3 which is an achievement in itself and i know everyone loves Trevor but i don't agree, yes he is funny but itAs a game this is good don't get me wrong is great but for a GTA i feel it is lacking. The gameplay is solid and a good improvement from GTA 4 but im sorry but the story and characters are truly poor, Michael somehow manages to be more boring than the silent protagonist form GTA 3 which is an achievement in itself and i know everyone loves Trevor but i don't agree, yes he is funny but it just gets a bit weird. I found myself bored by most of the missions as a large number of them were pointless as i do not care about Michaels family and do not want to interact with them, what you mostly do is favours rather than jobs so you dont actually get paid which is very annoying.Why were there not more heists....heists were the most interesting missions... they made a big thing about planning your own heists, in the end you do about 5 and only get to plan about 3, why would they not include more rather than having you drive around with Michaels annoying Jonah Hill of a son. In summary the boring pointless story means that is the worst GTA of the 3D and HD era. But is saved by good gameplay, map and good side missions and extra activities. Expand
  96. Dec 30, 2013
    This game has it all. When I saw the trailers for this game, it made me eager and ready for the next instalment of the Grand Theft Auto series. I was blown away when I finally played it and when I finished the story mode, I had logged 50 hours into the game. Lets start off by saying this game has copious amounts more variety thrown into it compared to the last instalment of GTA IV. WhileThis game has it all. When I saw the trailers for this game, it made me eager and ready for the next instalment of the Grand Theft Auto series. I was blown away when I finally played it and when I finished the story mode, I had logged 50 hours into the game. Lets start off by saying this game has copious amounts more variety thrown into it compared to the last instalment of GTA IV. While Grand Theft Auto IV is an amazing game, it is true that it did not as much to do while not performing missions. GTA V has definitely made you have the sheer amount of joy you experienced in San Andreas by briniging in so much tasks to do while not on the story. This game is amazing and is well worth the $60-80 dollar price range. 10/10. Expand
  97. Aug 23, 2014
    The gameplay is phenomenal, they really improved it (Especially after GTA IV), the world is amazingly detailed and massive, the replay value is out of this world but the story is trash.You can see that it was rushed and that they didn't give two ***** about it and they only cared about the gameplay aspect which is what failed in GTA IV. The game is really good but they could have developedThe gameplay is phenomenal, they really improved it (Especially after GTA IV), the world is amazingly detailed and massive, the replay value is out of this world but the story is trash.You can see that it was rushed and that they didn't give two ***** about it and they only cared about the gameplay aspect which is what failed in GTA IV. The game is really good but they could have developed a better story and characters. Expand
  98. Oct 17, 2013
    This is easily one of the best games I've ever played. With the exception of a few technical hiccups, this is a near perfect game that's a joy to watch, play and experience. Throughout the entire single player I was never bored. Every mission is different from the last and there is just so much fun to be had. GTA V oozes variety and is the pinnacle of sandbox games in general. The map isThis is easily one of the best games I've ever played. With the exception of a few technical hiccups, this is a near perfect game that's a joy to watch, play and experience. Throughout the entire single player I was never bored. Every mission is different from the last and there is just so much fun to be had. GTA V oozes variety and is the pinnacle of sandbox games in general. The map is gargantuan in size and is just so beautifully designed. Many area's look aesthetically different ranging from cities, to mountains, to deserts, the list goes on and on. The story is also decent along with some memorable characters over the top dialogue and action sequences. After the rather beefy campaign you still have tons of side missions, 100%ing story missions, purchasing property, free roaming and... oh yeah online, which could honestly last you forever. This game is jam-packed with non-stop fun content which will just leave you wanting more. I can easily say this is my favorite game this console generation, surpassing previous favorites like Uncharted 2, inFamous 2, Rayman Origins, and the Last of Us. I just can't stress enough how much fun I had playing this game, and the fun has only just begun. After beating the single player I hopped over to multiplayer with my buddies and it's just a blast. I still have to complete all those single player side missions as well. This game will keep me busy for months to come and is the BEST game this generation and the best sandbox game of all time. Expand
  99. Oct 11, 2013
    I've been waiting for this game since the 2nd trailer came out. A lot of possible outcomes came into mind whether it would turn out to be the worst of the GTA games or the best of them all. In my opinion, this is the best GTA of the series and the most ambitious. So much detail was put in the game and that devotion warrants a recognition. GTA kept a humorous tone in the narrative whileI've been waiting for this game since the 2nd trailer came out. A lot of possible outcomes came into mind whether it would turn out to be the worst of the GTA games or the best of them all. In my opinion, this is the best GTA of the series and the most ambitious. So much detail was put in the game and that devotion warrants a recognition. GTA kept a humorous tone in the narrative while keeping it action-packed and intense. The only problem I have with this game is the length because it ended too soon for me. Hoping there would be a DLC release to add more to the story. As for the addition feature GTA online, I'd say it needs more improvement, which is nothing patches can't take care of. I also felt the city looked barren with only 16 players per session. Overall, I'm rating this game for the single player experience and it is one of a kind. Expand
  100. Oct 25, 2013
    Up until this point never got on with GTA games, not my sort of thing. Wasn't even sure whether or not to buy this one, but succumbed to marketing pressure Glad I did, I like this game. I don't know why to be honest, perhaps it's because Trevor is just so funny in a psychotic sort of way. Listening to the chat shows on the radio is an hysterical commentary on the society of today.Up until this point never got on with GTA games, not my sort of thing. Wasn't even sure whether or not to buy this one, but succumbed to marketing pressure Glad I did, I like this game. I don't know why to be honest, perhaps it's because Trevor is just so funny in a psychotic sort of way. Listening to the chat shows on the radio is an hysterical commentary on the society of today. The world is vast an interesting. The fact you can decide what to do with any of the three protagonists and not have things dictated to you is nice. Means you can just idle the hours away doing what you fancy doing.

Overall brilliant game to close out the current series of consoles and shift to the next-gen.

1. Nov 14, 2013
    The best way to bid farewell to the retiring consoles is to spend dozens of hours having fun in Los Santos: robbing, abusing illegal substances, breaking all laws and enjoying everything else that GTA V has to offer. And after we finish the game, we should all say loudly: ‘okay, Rockstar girls and boys, it’s high time to make a truly new GTA, not just a gigantic DLC’. [12/2013, p.36]
    GTA V fulfills the idea of a gaming sandbox, where you can entertain yourself in many different ways - and also experience a superbly written story of three gangsters, if you want. [Issue#234]
  3. Oct 16, 2013
    Gigantic and stupidly detailed, GTA V is everything we hoped it would be. Individual components could be a touch better, but when a game does literally everything, nobody can expect perfection across the board. That it even comes close is incredible. [Issue#236, p.62]