Haze PlayStation 3

• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: May 20, 2008
6.5

1. Oct 16, 2011
    The game is interesting and the idea of the story is very good. Unfortunely the story mode is crap. Fortunely the multiplayer saves the game by being very good, just like any other Free Radical title's multiplayer. Even better is the fact, that the game is still alive.
  2. dash
    Hardly anything special.
  3. WillD
    May 21, 2008
    Dear oh dear. My hopes were high for this game but alas its just a standard shooter. It's worth a rent but nothing more. Alot of people who preordered this game or upgraded from an Xbox 360 to a PS3 are going to be disappointed. At least there still is MGS4 to look forward to.
  4. Echo-4Whiskey
    May 21, 2008
    Wasn't this the game that the developers said the XBOX 360 couldn't handle? That only the power of the PS3 could play it? Well, what a load of crap! Gears of War and Halo totally blow this one away, talk about a total letdown. I was way too excited about this one. Hopefully Killzone 2 will finally give us PS3 players a decent FPS.
  5. dbdb
    May 26, 2008
    Coop mode is fun but the story is boring and I will never buy another game that has ubisoft anywhere on the cover because everything they touch seems to fall apart vevn when respectable company's develop the games.
  6. HenryL.
    May 26, 2008
    It has it's moments and is worth playing if you don't have Halo3 or Gears but it needed to be quite a bit better than Resistance to justify all the hype.
  7. SuboofF.
    Jun 1, 2008
    This game is far from excellent. There are many reasons i could see to have delayed this game even more than it already was, but they rushed it to release (even with a 6month delay). However, that being said, what is done well in this game is done very well. If they (FRD) would release a stability patch, it would solve alot of the negatives of this game. A higher res texture pack with This game is far from excellent. There are many reasons i could see to have delayed this game even more than it already was, but they rushed it to release (even with a 6month delay). However, that being said, what is done well in this game is done very well. If they (FRD) would release a stability patch, it would solve alot of the negatives of this game. A higher res texture pack with more effecient streaming would also make me much happier having shelled out $60 on this game. Expand
  8. BradleyD.
    Jun 8, 2008
    After the hype that we endured, Haze proved to be an underwhelming delivery of an interesting idea. Done right, this game could have lived up to it's own speculation and become PS3's Halo.
  9. DragOn
    Jun 10, 2008
    I have never seen a FPS that talked so damn much. It's rediculous! ! !
  10. DeonM.
    Jul 14, 2008
    Whoever said this game was well-worth a rent, was lying through his teeth. I had the pleasent experience first hand.After playing the campaign- mode for about 45 minutes(struggling with dodgy controls through even dodgier graphics) I decided to give the multiplayer mode a try.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. Haze is a complete waste of PS3`s time, and by the looks of it, wouldn`t even have been a Whoever said this game was well-worth a rent, was lying through his teeth. I had the pleasent experience first hand.After playing the campaign- mode for about 45 minutes(struggling with dodgy controls through even dodgier graphics) I decided to give the multiplayer mode a try.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. Haze is a complete waste of PS3`s time, and by the looks of it, wouldn`t even have been a classic on PS2. How can you release a game like this unless you`re just looking to make a quick buck? Nobody can recommend this. Instead buy Call of Duty 4, Metal Gear Solid 4 or Devil May Cry 4 now if you haven`t already and see how a next-Gen game should play. Expand
  11. Jared
    Jul 16, 2008
    This game was ok but not horrible like everyone is making it out to be. The only reason the reviews are so low is because the game was over-hyped. Everyone thought it would be excellent but it just turned out average so everyone was angry so they gave it really low scores. The worst thing about this game is the flamethrower graphics.
  12. C.Davenport
    Sep 25, 2008
    Haze isn't as good as it should have been, but it's far from the bomb it's been made out to be. Free Radical's narrative shines right through the muddy graphics and disappointing level design, but in the end Haze proves to be a disappointing offering. Here's hoping the developer's next effort makes good on their exceptional history.
  13. JohnH
    Dec 6, 2008
    Ignore the microsoft fanboys who gave this a 0: They probably didn't even play the game. No, this game wasn't good, it was average. But it certainly wasn't below that either.
  14. Aug 18, 2010
    Haze just can't shake the fact that it looks and feels like a mid-PS2-life-cycle game. The graphics are some of the worst to be found on PS3, the gameplay never really takes off and glitches and bugs appear tremendously often. The amount of times I fell through a floor is unreal. Perhaps the only thing that saves Haze is that the perks of playing on each side are imaginative and fun toHaze just can't shake the fact that it looks and feels like a mid-PS2-life-cycle game. The graphics are some of the worst to be found on PS3, the gameplay never really takes off and glitches and bugs appear tremendously often. The amount of times I fell through a floor is unreal. Perhaps the only thing that saves Haze is that the perks of playing on each side are imaginative and fun to use, if a little overpowered on the Mantel side (your insta-heal-and-reveal-enemy-locations-and-give-you-Hulk-strength ability for example) and underpowered on the Rebel side (the ability to plant a mine was rarely used, and it didn't work in one instance where the game cried out for it to be used). Playing as a rebel is definitely the highlight, and using unique tactics to take down the Mantel soldiers is the saving grace of the game. If you can overlook the fact that this is indeed a sub-par looking PS2 game and let yourself shut off and enjoy the few perks of Haze, you may well enjoy it. I found it a fun, if incredibly lacking game. Expand
  15. Aug 30, 2011
    Some horrible story telling and acting to boot. Poor A I, have given this game a bad name but it does manage to shine sometimes. Judging by all the other reviews I had read, I wasn't going to rent this. But you cant always believe everybody else either.

Graphics = Not too bad, a couple cutscenes were noticeably muddy, but the stages looked great and characters were good. Sound =

Sound = Effects are awesome, Voice acting is treacherous, enough to make you not like the game at first.

Story = Not really the bread and butter of this game, standard change of heart bad guy to good.

Controls = Responsive and easy, 1/4 through the game theyll change a bit though, with new abilities

Learning curve = About 15 minutes because the enemy AI is so bad it wont matter how good you are really.

Value = I seen this game for $20 new at best buy, Id say if you can find it used for $10-15 pick it up.

Overall value = The story,acting suck pretty bad but once you get down to the core gameplay its still a good game, There are a couple levels that will blow you away, but others that just suffer. Rent first, decide later.
  16. Apr 12, 2013
    5-Presentation: The menu's are well laid out, but the story is lifeless.
    4-Graphics: Ugly textures, drab color, and bad fire and smoke effects.
    7.5-Sound: Voice acting is hit or miss, but the sound effects and music is good. 7.5-Gameplay: Level design is hit or miss. But the mechanics are solid and the controls are excellent. 4 player co-op makes up for some bad AI. 8.5-Lasting appeal:
    5-Presentation: The menu's are well laid out, but the story is lifeless.
    4-Graphics: Ugly textures, drab color, and bad fire and smoke effects.
    8.5-Lasting appeal: The co-op adds value to the campaign. The muliplayer features plenty of weapons, vehicles, modes, and maps to play around with. The ranking system is decent.
    Overall-6.5/10 Okay
  17. May 19, 2013
    Where to begin. This is a little known gem that is exclusive to the PS3. Everything about this game was a revolution in some aspect. It had fantastic graphics and gameplay that take full advantage of the Cell processor. The single player campaign has remarkable characters that you will feel like you've known them for your whole life as friends. The over campaign sent shivers down myWhere to begin. This is a little known gem that is exclusive to the PS3. Everything about this game was a revolution in some aspect. It had fantastic graphics and gameplay that take full advantage of the Cell processor. The single player campaign has remarkable characters that you will feel like you've known them for your whole life as friends. The over campaign sent shivers down my spine as it was simply unbelievable. It is truly the multiplayer that makes this game however. It is intricately crafts red and even deeper than any call of duty. In short then, this game is a must have for any PS3 owner.

P.S Free Radical also have worked on Crysis 2 and 3
  18. Jun 22, 2013
    For a $1.50, you can't go wrong. I added this dirty little gem to my collection yesterday. It lacks a lot of modern FPS tropes, and aesthetics. But the performance enhancing drug, Nectar, is a very refreshing gameplay mechanic that I would love to see implemented much more fully in a sequel. Which we won't be getting. The worst part about this game, is that it takes it's sole redeemingFor a $1.50, you can't go wrong. I added this dirty little gem to my collection yesterday. It lacks a lot of modern FPS tropes, and aesthetics. But the performance enhancing drug, Nectar, is a very refreshing gameplay mechanic that I would love to see implemented much more fully in a sequel. Which we won't be getting. The worst part about this game, is that it takes it's sole redeeming quality away from you so early in the game, that it will leave withdrawing for just one more hit. A 7 out of 10. If I took the price out of consideration, it would receive a 5 out of 10. Expand
  19. Jun 27, 2013
    This is not a good game, period. Combat is repetitive, and even though the story has a wonderful concept, the execution completely flops. The message is forced and heavy-handed, and relies on a series of amazing coincidences to even function. You meet exactly the right people at the right time to advance the plot.

Aside from that, voice acting ranges from average to painful. I spent the

Aside from that, voice acting ranges from average to painful. I spent the entire game wanting to shoot my meatheaded chest-thumping squadmates in the face, and the absolute best part of the entire game was when I actually got to kill them.

Guns are standard shooter fare. Play literally any other generic shooter and you'll find the same list of weapons.

There are very few multiplayer maps, and the multiplayer itself is horribly unbalanced. The Mantel win almost every match, and the only time they lose it's because the match is so full of teamkillers that nobody can get anything done.

There are some redeeming qualities. For example, I like that you can scavenge similar ammunition between different weapons. The idea of scavenging Mantel self-propelled rockets for flamethrower fuel was creative. In addition, cooperative multiplayer allows a friend (local or online) to join your campaign. This would be great, except the game itself still isn't very good and I don't recommend that you make a friend subject themselves to this kind of monotony.
  20. Jul 20, 2014
    Haze is a nice game, the story is sort of original, the controls are good,the graphics are not as bad as some people describe it, but certainly not good either. the 4 player coop is nice. the problem is , that the game just doesn't deliver at any point, but at the same time it never goes below the 6 point standard. during the play-trough, there was some texture glitching in the far, butHaze is a nice game, the story is sort of original, the controls are good,the graphics are not as bad as some people describe it, but certainly not good either. the 4 player coop is nice. the problem is , that the game just doesn't deliver at any point, but at the same time it never goes below the 6 point standard. during the play-trough, there was some texture glitching in the far, but nothing occurs that would have prevented me from playing at any point. Expand
  21. Jul 5, 2016
    O jogo tinha potencial para ficar marcado,mas o que vimos é um algo superficial e genérico,simplesmente não conseguir ganhar simpatia pelo jogo,tudo muito medíocre...resultado...um jogo medíocre.Não jogaria de novo e também não aconselho ser jogado...apenas jogue-o se não tiver outra escolha.
  22. Nov 4, 2016
    Drab graphics, animation and coding is a bit wonkey (had some character models T posing or teleporting) and overall it was just not all that compelling. "Meh" Sums it up

1. More narratively cohesive than the Halo trilogy, but less inventive and compelling than Resistance: Fall Of Man, Haze does finally give us a self-aware portrait of videogame soldiers, and a foil for all the head-butting, "boo-yah" behavior that's been the norm for far too long in the medium. Too bad it's paired with one of the more pedestrian FPS games to come along in recent years.
    Haze does not live up to the company's reputation thanks to a horrible plot, weak gameplay mechanics and visuals that are truly underwhelming. While playing with friends is enjoyable, not even those are enough to bring this lackluster title around.
  3. Ultimately, Haze is still sitting in the wake of Call of Duty 4, and falls into that category of being just another FPS.