Heavy Rain PlayStation 3

7.7

1. Jul 11, 2016
    Heavy Rain starts off slowly, but then gets to amazing sequences. Story is all that matters, and it's done perfectly. Ethan Mars loses his passion for life after a tragic episode, but he's truly taken to his limits when the Origami killer, a mysterious serial killer, kidnaps his Shaun, his son. Besides Ethan, there's Madison Paige, an insomniac photojournalist, who gets involved with EthanHeavy Rain starts off slowly, but then gets to amazing sequences. Story is all that matters, and it's done perfectly. Ethan Mars loses his passion for life after a tragic episode, but he's truly taken to his limits when the Origami killer, a mysterious serial killer, kidnaps his Shaun, his son. Besides Ethan, there's Madison Paige, an insomniac photojournalist, who gets involved with Ethan and decides to help him find Shaun; Norman Jayden, a FBI agent investigating the case and Scott Shelby, a private investigator hired by the parents of the Origami killer's victims. These four protagonists are affected by this mysterious figure. And it's all under your control. There are dozens of different endings, just waiting to be played. Go on. Make your choice. Expand
  2. Mar 13, 2016
    A beautifully designed game with a very engaging narrative, carefully crafted characters, a heartbreaking story, heart-beating moments, amazing story telling, intense action and thought-stimulating events. It's been six years since this game was released and no other game has yet managed to deliver all that. Highly recommended, not to be missed!
  3. Feb 16, 2016
    I would call Heavy Rain an interactive experience. Far more similar to point and click games than anything else you've experienced. The storyline is compelling and the decisions you make are crucial. Sometimes failing to press a button on time will result in the death of a character. You need to pay attention to details and you can always go back and try to find the different endings. AtI would call Heavy Rain an interactive experience. Far more similar to point and click games than anything else you've experienced. The storyline is compelling and the decisions you make are crucial. Sometimes failing to press a button on time will result in the death of a character. You need to pay attention to details and you can always go back and try to find the different endings. At the time of its release, I would say this game was groundbreaking. As of now, I think it's still worth it if you haven't played it yet. Expand
  4. Jan 8, 2016
    (English and Italian review)
    I'm an old gamer and this product finally give me something different. And that alone is a good reason to try it.
    It is a outstanding adventure, mature theme, really good character design and fast paced (for an adventure game of course). Buy it!!. Be warned thoug that the game contains scenes that some viewers may find disturbing. Come giocatore di vecchia
    (English and Italian review)

Come giocatore di vecchia data sono stato piacevolmente sorpreso dal trovare una ventata di novità in una avventura grafica. Il sistema che i programmatori hanno usato per far progredire il giocatore è originale ed evita i periodi di stanca che possono capitare in una avventura grafica tradizionale.
    Il gioco contiene scene forti, temi maturi, bei dialoghi, una cerca rigiocabilità, tensione.
    Sembra la sceneggiatura di un film. Compratelo non ve ne pentirete!!! Attenzione però perchè contiene scene piuttosto forti ed è sconsigliato a giocatori molto giovani o facilmente impressionabili.
  5. Dec 10, 2015
    I really enjoyed Heavy Rain. It is a great game because of the way that the story sucks you in and doesn't stop being entertaining until the very end. There are many choices that affect your path of progression and it gives you a reason to play it a second time. The story is very mature but for adults it shouldn't be missed. I would recommend this game to just about anyone looking for moreI really enjoyed Heavy Rain. It is a great game because of the way that the story sucks you in and doesn't stop being entertaining until the very end. There are many choices that affect your path of progression and it gives you a reason to play it a second time. The story is very mature but for adults it shouldn't be missed. I would recommend this game to just about anyone looking for more narrative in their games. There really isn't a lot that isn't in your control when playing. Don't expect mindless action then cut scenes because this game isn't that. Now I love games and I won't say that most games are mindless but this game is engaging you until the very end to participate in every one of your characters actions. You can hear your characters thoughts and chose what they say and do or at least that is the feeling the developer trys to convey to me personally. I'm not sure they succeed 100% because I actually just beat the game and I probably won't play it a second time. At least not yet. I'm going to move on to other games for now. It's not really a short game either because it took me about 16 hours to beat it. It does sort of have that interactive movie/cut scene feel to it and that works because it's not an action game. It reminds me of telltales games the way that your choices affect the story. Now about the story which is very good and keeps you in suspense until the very end. I personally never guessed who the killer was or what his motives were but I was like wow what a good game when the credits rolled. The graphics were pretty good but I noticed that characters would walk through each other in one scene but it wasn't really a big deal.The voice acting was good and I had no complaints. so yeah it was a good game in my opinion and it deserves the 8 I give it. Expand
  6. Nov 26, 2015
    Heavy Rain

Game-Play:The game-play is very special because this is an interactive movie.But I rally loved how the game plays. Story:This is the best part of the game the story is amazing and you can really feel the drama this game wants you to feel the story evolves great and you take control of the 4 main protagonists in the game I beat the game in one sit down the first time
    Heavy Rain

Story:This is the best part of the game the story is amazing and you can really feel the drama this game wants you to feel the story evolves great and you take control of the 4 main protagonists in the game I beat the game in one sit down the first time because I was really into that awesome story and it took me around 11 hours.Also the game have multiple ending and turning of events based on your choices so it is really worth to revisit the game.

Graphics:The game looks amazing and really realistic.

Notes:This is not a game that will please everyone but I think most of people who like I great story and a good crime drama movie will enjoy it very much.This game is a masterpiece and worth the full price.
  7. Nov 3, 2015
    good end
    good start
    and more and more goods
  8. Nov 2, 2015
    Best role-play interactive game on the PS3 that is a must-play for all types of gamers.
    Great characters, good quality voice acting, chilling music and innovative gameplay makes this a one of kind and pioneer for other games (I.e. LA Noire)
    Story is quite in-depth and intriguing, albeit containing a few plot-holes that are never quite explained, but this doesn't detract from the overall good quality product from the folks at Quantic Dreams.
  9. Oct 23, 2015
    A great game with great graphics and story. Some parts are pretty boring, but after the game you know you played one of these rare masterpieces. For me, the game was much better than the telltale-games showing up these days.
  10. Oct 4, 2015
    One of the best experiences in video gaming. I totally recommend the game, specially to those who are tired of generic FPS or sandbox games. We already have enough of them, this is fresh which I really appreciate. Unfortunately it's only on PS3 (coming to PS4 too as a remaster).
  11. Aug 24, 2015
    best storyline
    awesome
    best storyline
    awesome graphicshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  12. Aug 15, 2015
    Amazing game with so many endings. I definitely would recommend to people to see them all. The story is one of mystery and it shows just how strong parental love can be, and the flip side of those who go without it and how they turn out.
  13. Aug 5, 2015
    David Cage's Heavy rain is one of his best works of Quantic Dreams after Omikron: The Nomad Soul and Fahrenheit (Indigo prophecy). The game has amazing story line, great actors, voice actors, unique features, realistic (kind of) actions and a great atmosphere that could catch your attention to the game on its own.
  14. Aug 5, 2015
    One of the best games of the century . A paradise for people who like the intricacies of the plot . Those who say that this is just a game nonsense - beat them in the face.
  15. Jul 31, 2015
    The low scores for this game baffle me completely. Heavy Rain IS one of the most innovative and ambitious games of the 21st century, if not all time. Its infusion of heart-wrenching drama and enigmatic mystery makes that of a perfect combination as the player controls four protagonists in the midst of the reign of an ingenious serial killer. The voice acting is brilliant and real emotionThe low scores for this game baffle me completely. Heavy Rain IS one of the most innovative and ambitious games of the 21st century, if not all time. Its infusion of heart-wrenching drama and enigmatic mystery makes that of a perfect combination as the player controls four protagonists in the midst of the reign of an ingenious serial killer. The voice acting is brilliant and real emotion can be felt through the character's words. The graphics are state of the art and - 5 years later - are as dazzling as ever. The narrative is innovative and it slowly unfolds in perfect manner as the player learns more about the characters as the narrative progresses. The main concern for a lot of players (and its source for many bad reviews) is the gameplay. Many people complained that they found it awkward and difficult but I couldn't disagree more. There has never been anything quite like Heavy Rain's gameplay since Quantic Dream's previous game Fahrenheit. Undeniably clever and smooth controls add to the game's realism. The soundtrack is beautiful, and it really captures the emotion that is pumped through the narrative.
    Overall, this game is a revolutionary work of art that I advise anyone to play.
  16. Jul 19, 2015
    In the to 25 games of all time. Beats movies like The Shawshank Redemption which is my favorite movie of all time. Heavy Rain is my favorite game of all time.
  17. Jul 4, 2015
    Gameplay:
    Gameplay:
    Gameplay consists heavily of quick-time events. If you aren't a fan of them, you should stay away from this game. The game is split by chapters and you take the roles of various characters throughout the story. An interesting aspect of the gameplay is that there is no "game over," allowing you to shape the plot in any manner you wish! You decide who lives or dies, and that will ultimately impact the ending of the story.

Story:
    This is definitely Heavy Rain's greatest asset. The story is amazing and is the epitome of an emotional storyline. Ethan Mars' son has been kidnapped and you must find him before time runs out. Along the way, you'll meet various characters and will try to figure out who the Origami Killer is. It's well-written, has great pacing, and interesting characters.

Graphics:
    I'm impressed with the graphics since we can actually see emotions, wrinkles, and even scars on the character's faces. These are things that are uncommon in most games. The technology used to capture these expressions are impressive and should lauded for the attention to detail it brings to certain scenes. What impresses me the most is the fact that cutscenes are identical to the actual gameplay. However, screen tearing is prevalent throughout the game and can ruin the immersion while playing. It's unfortunate, but it is a big deal since this is a game in which the visuals are a focal point.

Verdict:
    In order to get the full potential of this game, I believe that you must beat it a minimum of at least three times. You won't be able to see the game's beauty within one playthrough. If you aren't a fan of quick-time events, then this game isn't for you. However, I believe that you would do yourself a disservice by missing out on this game! I highly recommend it!
  18. May 25, 2015
  19. May 4, 2015
    Fantastic game. Everything I expected from Quantic Dreams, especially after Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy which was very good. It is an experience which you have to try out for yourself.
  20. Apr 14, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is one of my PS3 favourites. The atmosphere is really captive; I was truly sweating when the car slipped down from the bridge. The game forced to make more / immoral decisions and touched one's emotions. I think you could not ask for more. Expand
  21. Mar 27, 2015
    Couldn't compete at full retail price (sixty bucks) with games like the Life is Strange and all the Telltale series. The game itself is good and well worth the twenty bucks or less price it goes for now. I do look forward to see what David Cage will do next!
  22. Mar 1, 2015
    If you are looking for a game, don't play it because it's an interactive movie, not like Call of Duty games etc. But that doesn't make this game bad because it has amazingly good and shocking story.
  23. Feb 1, 2015
    I wouldn't really class this as a game, more as a story that you interact with - and indeed, influence. It reminded me of the old Fighting Fantasy books that I used to read as a kid! I became more emotionally attached to the characters than with any other game I've played, and was genuinely upset by the ending that I created! Can appreciate that this won't appeal to all gamers, and I doubtI wouldn't really class this as a game, more as a story that you interact with - and indeed, influence. It reminded me of the old Fighting Fantasy books that I used to read as a kid! I became more emotionally attached to the characters than with any other game I've played, and was genuinely upset by the ending that I created! Can appreciate that this won't appeal to all gamers, and I doubt that I'll ever play this through again, but it was sure enjoyable whilst it lasted. Expand
  24. Jan 31, 2015
    This game is amazing. A story-driven game which is essentially a long movie filled with quick-time events (but much better than sounds). My main problem is it does have a few plot-holes. Very emotionally intense; your decisions will really get to you.
  25. Jan 30, 2015
    Such a great game. Nice graphics, epic story, epic great soundtrack and epic final episode ! I love this game I owe this game. And also I will play Beyond : Two Souls!
  26. Jan 21, 2015
    For me, it's the best game of all time. Period. I just love games that are like interactive movies. Great story, voice acting, and graphics. I love playing as the four characters.
  27. Jan 7, 2015
    Its a good game. Game play was little slow but story and interaction with objects was awesome. Not only the different endings, even the in game story changes based on completing the mission successfully or not. Must play for everyone who own PS3.
  28. Dec 27, 2014
    Great game and great story, starts a little slow but picks up into an incredible story. Cool fight scenes and similar to telltale games in the story telling and gameplay. Must have for ps3 exclusive!
  29. Nov 21, 2014
    This game is truly amazing, the story is MOVIE quality, something allot of games like call of duty don't get. The controls surprisingly work almost perfectly, which wouldn't work with PC (amazing) or Xbox **** anyway lol) . There is NO game over, which more games like the walking dead should do, and every decision has game changing conclusions. Although i can not give it a 10/10, becauseThis game is truly amazing, the story is MOVIE quality, something allot of games like call of duty don't get. The controls surprisingly work almost perfectly, which wouldn't work with PC (amazing) or Xbox **** anyway lol) . There is NO game over, which more games like the walking dead should do, and every decision has game changing conclusions. Although i can not give it a 10/10, because there's not much "game" to it, the actions scenes are quick time events, although that can still get you to the end of your seat.
    Overall a fantastic game with a amazing story, amazing graphics, controls work very well but could do
    with more "game".
  30. Oct 31, 2014
    A unique and intense experience. This is one of those games where if you dive headlong into the nuances of the events, it is virtually impossible not to be touched, don't be surprise and don't live every moment intensely.

As for the gameplay, it may displease many people actually advance through the QTEs, but this is a matter of taste, not put in doubt the quality of this game.
  31. Sep 5, 2014
    Heavy Rain boasts one of the most relateable themes in a video game. It isn't about trying to rescue a princess from a monster, nor is it about trying to prevent World War 3. Instead, it's about a father trying to save his son. The theme of parenthood is shown throughout, particularly in the "trials" Ethan finds himself facing. More on that later.

It is worth considering that this isn't

It is worth considering that this isn't really a "game", but rather an interactive movie. Several complaints of the game have been that it might as well have been a movie instead, but I strongly disagree. Firstly, the experience wouldn't have been the same if you hadn't spent so much time (around 10 hours) with these four characters. It being a "game" meant that it could last much longer than if it were a movie, which is a big plus. Secondly, the key term in the phrase "interactive movie" is the "interactive" part. I've heard there are at least 20 endings to the game, completely determined by your actions as a player. Yes, you always visit the same locations but your Ethan Mars will most likely be very different to your friend's. As long as you don't go in to Heavy Rain expecting traditional game mechanics like health or an inventory, your experience will be an enjoyable one.

Another complaint this game receives is that it is merely "one long quick time event". Though I will argue that you do spend a considerable amount of time walking around to see what to interact with, there is some truth in the argument. However, quick time events usually ruin a game because they feel out of place, like in Bayonetta or God of War. However, the quick time events here are extremely well implemented. I honestly don't think that the game could have been done in any other way. All quick time events feel appropriate and never cheap or require ridiculously fast reflexes. Overall, I thing the QTEs work.

One thing that makes the game much more immersive is the fact that there is no game over screen. While you can fail a QTE, this doesn't result in a "fail" in the traditional sense. This merely forces the game to change the story in response to what has just happened. Characters can even die, and they story will merely carry on. That is one of the reasons why the game is so good at making you connect with the characters. You aren't concerned about points, high scores or loot, but instead you are concerned about the characters. One of the most disturbing scenes in the game involves one of the characters cutting his thumb off. You don't actually have to do it, but (without spoiling anything) it is strongly recommended that you do. Being given this choice is extremely stressful, but one of the most beautiful reasons why is not because it decreases your points, morality meter or HP, but that you have to watch him do it to himself. Despite this, the player considers this a difficult decision, which speaks volumes on how well the game connects you to its characters.

The game isn't perfect, though. I can agree that the opening goes on for just a bit too long. It is all to get you connected to the character, but there is still a lot of nothing much happening towards the beginning. Also, the facial motion capture can look quite ridiculous at times, with the characters looking as though they have a broken jaw. The game normally looks phenomenal, but character's faces can look fairly rubber-like up close. However, one of the biggest issues is the replay value. One would assume that a game with so much player choice would be brimming with it, but the fact is the characters that YOU create become so connected to you that you will probably end up just choosing the same choices on your second playthrough. Some might be content with 10 hours, but some might expect more for a game for approximately £20.

Overall, this game is moving, original, engaging and made me learn about myself whilst I was playing which few other games can claim to have done. It shows not just that video games are capable of telling amazing stories, but that they are capable of creating stories that actually revolve around the player and that they can have gameplay that compliments a story-driven game without having to sacrifice the actual "game" part.
  32. Aug 22, 2014
    This was one of the games I wanted to play the most when I got my PS3 as a late adapter. Demon's Souls was the other. I enjoyed both, but for different reasons. This one had me sucked into the story from the get-go. As a dad, it really tugged at me. As a gamer, it was a different kind of game than I am used to, but I appreciated the cinematic approach to the controls and presentation.This was one of the games I wanted to play the most when I got my PS3 as a late adapter. Demon's Souls was the other. I enjoyed both, but for different reasons. This one had me sucked into the story from the get-go. As a dad, it really tugged at me. As a gamer, it was a different kind of game than I am used to, but I appreciated the cinematic approach to the controls and presentation. It had a little too much unnecessary fluff added in, but at the end of the day it had me hooked until it was over. I may have to go back to see if it holds up storywise now that I know what happens and to get some different endings. Expand
  33. Aug 3, 2014
    Rating this 0 is radical. Same as rating it 10. This game is over 6 and below 9. 7.5 maybe 8.
    This game is a vision of it's Director David Cage. The drama is nice. Unlike Beyond 2 souls. This game has better strong story where decisions really matter.
    Game play is boring a little bit. I can agree with this. But would still enjoying playing the game. Games like this one is about story. You keep holding the control because you can get surprised easily. And because you want to follow the story.
    I bought this game intentionally because I wanted to see a better version of Beyond 2 Souls. And yes it is better in terms of story but not the game play.
    I would buy these type of games over and over again. Because it is some sort of an art. It could be bad gut definitely not a waste of time for me. Still David Cage has something to tell in his games that worth to be watched or played.
  34. Aug 2, 2014
    This was one of those games that has very little replay value but the initial playthrough is worth every penny. Great story and mistakes that really do matter. I would compare it to the walking dead series, just maybe not quite as good.
  35. Jul 23, 2014
    By now, I'm sure you've heard about "Heavy Rain." Critics loved it, gamers were rather polarized by it. You either love it or hate it. I love it. The storyline is well-written, the characters are great, the soundtrack is outstanding, the graphics are phenomenal, and the gameplay gives you plenty of control and the many choice-based system only puts icing on the cake of what is a fantasticBy now, I'm sure you've heard about "Heavy Rain." Critics loved it, gamers were rather polarized by it. You either love it or hate it. I love it. The storyline is well-written, the characters are great, the soundtrack is outstanding, the graphics are phenomenal, and the gameplay gives you plenty of control and the many choice-based system only puts icing on the cake of what is a fantastic journey.
    Even despite the game's insanely high score, I'll admit that "Heavy Rain" is not free from problems. Although the storyline is well-written, there are a few plot holes and unexplained plot devices (Norman Jayden's ARI and Triptocaine) and, although the acting is solid, there is some awkward line delivery. Even so, the plot actually manages to keep you thinking and asking questions long after you finish the game and it emotionally connects to you like few other games can. Translation: If you can get past the game's minor issues, "Heavy Rain" is a wonder to behold.
  36. Jun 26, 2014
    Point 'n Clicks for the 21st Century. I grew up on Monkey Island, Maniac Mansion, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis and later, Grim Fandango. Heavy Rain is a welcome burst of energy into the story driven game genre. It's a dark and adult thriller full of decisions and consequences. You spend the whole time trying to guess who is the Origami Killer (as you progress I becomes, IPoint 'n Clicks for the 21st Century. I grew up on Monkey Island, Maniac Mansion, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis and later, Grim Fandango. Heavy Rain is a welcome burst of energy into the story driven game genre. It's a dark and adult thriller full of decisions and consequences. You spend the whole time trying to guess who is the Origami Killer (as you progress I becomes, I thought, very obvious) however your never really know until the game wants you to. It still looks awesome, it's got some very bizarre controls and camera angles but all in all the game is a stunner. It makes good and logical use of QTEs, exploration and investigation and I love that when one of your characters dies they're gone for good... Warrants multiple, multiple playthroughs due to all the decisions and consequenses as well as the fact that it is very deep adventure title. 9/10 Expand
  37. Jun 25, 2014
    Its a really good game with a solid story and multiple endings, the only thing wrong with it is the controls, there is nothing really stand out about this game but if you're looking for a game with a good story and decent graphic for the PS3 anyways then i would definitely recommend this game.
  38. Jun 9, 2014
    This is certainly a unique game, and it's a must have for all fans of interactive/psychological/thriller games.
    It's like a long movie with great story and atmosphere where you're the main actor.
    Although it was sunny outside while I played it, I kind of felt drawn into the depressive and dark atmosphere of the game...drawn that much that I finished it in 2 days :) Since there are so
    Since there are so many possible outcomes, it's a perfect game for playing more than once and to make different choices and consequently view different endings.
    I used PS Move and that made it even more interesting.
    I'd give it an even higher grade but controls where annoying sometimes, especially when moving a character around the screen and it seemed like Move controls could be a little bit more precise, sometimes they simply didn't respond well.
  39. May 22, 2014
    In an industry dominated by shooters, RPGs, and endless sequels, Heavy Rain emerges as a true original. Few other games have been able to move me as well as this. This is an a game that has to be experienced. You won't forget it.
  40. Apr 24, 2014
    Revolutionary and extremely well polished. This game will suck you into an adventure you've never experienced before with gaming. Finally, a game where your actions changes the plot. The scenario could make a great movie, the original score blends perfectly into the action and the scene cutting keeps you constantly craving to make the story evolve to its final twist. Kudos to theRevolutionary and extremely well polished. This game will suck you into an adventure you've never experienced before with gaming. Finally, a game where your actions changes the plot. The scenario could make a great movie, the original score blends perfectly into the action and the scene cutting keeps you constantly craving to make the story evolve to its final twist. Kudos to the production team for putting the effort and creativity in crafting high quality games like this one. Expand
  41. Apr 21, 2014
    this has one of the greatest stories in a video game, and the concept of every decision effecting the events in the story is so immersive, that its one of the most personal experiences ever, not quite like the walking dead where your choices are mostly dialogue, but the choices in this game are your actions, and will leave off with like 20 multiple endings or something like that, I don'tthis has one of the greatest stories in a video game, and the concept of every decision effecting the events in the story is so immersive, that its one of the most personal experiences ever, not quite like the walking dead where your choices are mostly dialogue, but the choices in this game are your actions, and will leave off with like 20 multiple endings or something like that, I don't know I've only played through it twice, but will probably play it again in the near future. The choices, in your first play through at least are extremely hard to make, they will challenge your morals and values as a person and you will always have to think twice about them. the few flaws in this game such as some awkward voice acting and animations are to small to even make a difference in the experience of the game, admittedly the first hour of the game is slow, but necessary to understand one of your characters a little better, and after that, the game is a nonstop roller coaster ride that you will never forget Expand
  42. Apr 8, 2014
    Heavy Rain is a polarizing experience that is one of the best games of the last 10 years. It may not be for everyone but there is something to be said about the amount of hate and love this game gets, it is truly something special.

The story is gripping to the last second, and at times emotionally draining for the player as well. This is well written stuff that takes turns when you least expect it. Graphics and Sound are exceptional and were really able to be fleshed out due to it's unconventional game-play.

Don't let anyone tell you that this is a quicktime fest, while games in the past have offered "interactive cut-scenes" were you essentially must click (X) to not fail, Heavy Rain makes every button press have weight and true consequences to it. In fight scenes you may have to press something that comes on the screen, but the way it is done makes you feel in the moment, analog presses and movements really make you feel like you are controlling limbs rather than simply button mashing. Also if you miss a timed button press there are actions other than "you fail try again", it's more of a game than you might of heard.

It's a bit more than an interactive movie, as you have at will the choice to bring up your characters' thoughts and ideas, motives and fears. You control how things play out in what order, even the script.

Love it or hate it, it must be experienced.
  43. Mar 25, 2014
    The most depressing game ever. I cried with Ethan's story, Felt Sorrow in Madison's story, Concerned in Norman's story and finally extremely determined and curious in Scott Shelby's story.
    Little did I know about the 6' 5" detectives role until later on... If you are a parent I recommend that you buy this game to think about your kids and the Origami Killer. It's only like $15 so go and grab it!
  44. Mar 22, 2014
    One of the best games I have ever played. I cannot really argue against those who dislike this for the lack of gameplay, but the story (especially the killer reveal that I did not see coming) blew me away. The wealth of choices also are just astonishing, as there is something along the lines of twenty endings. A genuinely inventive and brilliant game.
  45. Mar 18, 2014
    I like this game it has a really interesting story and depending on how you play the game and the choices you make you will get different endings so you could play it more than once and still have a different story at the end I like the mystery and how you have to find out where your characters son is and the challenges you have to do to get clues to where and who took your son. I alsoI like this game it has a really interesting story and depending on how you play the game and the choices you make you will get different endings so you could play it more than once and still have a different story at the end I like the mystery and how you have to find out where your characters son is and the challenges you have to do to get clues to where and who took your son. I also like how realistic the characters look. Expand
  46. Mar 14, 2014
    Great quality game! So much fun to play. If I could change one thing however, the change of camera angle makes the games controls harder and more complicated. The story is so much better than I expected, most games are easy to guess the outcomes of the story, this one however was hard to guess. Also there are many different ways for the game to end and different stories based on differentGreat quality game! So much fun to play. If I could change one thing however, the change of camera angle makes the games controls harder and more complicated. The story is so much better than I expected, most games are easy to guess the outcomes of the story, this one however was hard to guess. Also there are many different ways for the game to end and different stories based on different decisions in the game, this feature makes you want to make the right one. Expand
  47. Mar 12, 2014
    Heavy Rain was and will be for long an unique game. Great plot, Very strong performance of the characters, new storylife for every protagonist, magnetizing story. The single thing that's a flaw for me is that the investigations that Jayden does are very boring and make the game a bit weeker. All in all, everything is very nice and you have to spend a lot of time, finding out what theHeavy Rain was and will be for long an unique game. Great plot, Very strong performance of the characters, new storylife for every protagonist, magnetizing story. The single thing that's a flaw for me is that the investigations that Jayden does are very boring and make the game a bit weeker. All in all, everything is very nice and you have to spend a lot of time, finding out what the endless ways the game has. Expand
  48. Feb 14, 2014
    This is a very interesting game.
    It has a very dark and depressing tone bar the first two chapters. However this tone really works with the game. I love decision based games like this and the gameplay is fun.
    This is a very interesting game.
    The voice acting is poor in some places (Ethan Mars is a robot) and alot of the characters sound French or something when they are American. Some moments in the game are particularly tense and require good reactions if you are on hard mode which is a good challenge and I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see whether the main characters would succeed in their goal.
  49. Feb 7, 2014
    I don't normally like this kind of game but it just goes to show that interactive story telling can work when it's done properly. It's a great looking game too.
  50. Jan 22, 2014
    Heavy Rain is a very ambitious game, it borders on the line of being a video game and being an interactive story. The story is the greatest part of the game regardless if you think it is an actual game or not. It is a mystery about the origami killer, who is he and what are his motifs? You play as four characters and your decisions during the story effect how the story plays out and how itHeavy Rain is a very ambitious game, it borders on the line of being a video game and being an interactive story. The story is the greatest part of the game regardless if you think it is an actual game or not. It is a mystery about the origami killer, who is he and what are his motifs? You play as four characters and your decisions during the story effect how the story plays out and how it ends. You do not get to pick every piece of dialogue that comes out of the characters mouth, which bugged me because these are your choices and it is not always up to you. The controls are unusual at first but once you get use to them they will come naturally. Heavy Rain tries to do a lot of things in one game, and also tries to be something new in the industry at the same time. It might not check everything off its "to do list" but accomplishes most of its ambitions. Expand
  51. Dec 25, 2013
    Best game ever made in history. If you do not enjoy this game and think it is boring, it shows you simply do not have the emotional capacity to enjoy such an incredible experience. I was mindblown by this game. Yes, its not call of duty and you dont go around shooting people randomly, but it is the story and the suspense that made me fall in love with this game. There are literallyBest game ever made in history. If you do not enjoy this game and think it is boring, it shows you simply do not have the emotional capacity to enjoy such an incredible experience. I was mindblown by this game. Yes, its not call of duty and you dont go around shooting people randomly, but it is the story and the suspense that made me fall in love with this game. There are literally unlimited ways this game can play out depending on the choices you make, and this is one reason why I ended up playing this masterpiece eight times. IF YOU HAVE A PS3, YOU MUSR BUY THIS: BEST PS3 EXCLUSIVE! Expand
  52. Dec 17, 2013
    This is not a game but a movie which gives you some choices and gives you different endings. I recommend not to play it twice, the second times just doesn't feel like the "right" story anymore.
    The acting is just as good as in any well acted movie or tv-series and the motion capture works well. The story is very emotional and I really felt for all the characters and wanted to keep every one off them alive. This game will bring a tear to your eye and is more emotional then most dramatic movies because you feel you are actually responsible for all the choices. Only one comment though: the gameplay and controls feel a little "stiff", as is seeing the characters walking.
    One of the best and certainly most memorable games of this generation. Highly recommended to everyone.
  53. Dec 9, 2013
    Best game ever! Greatest gameplay ever!!! Respect Heard so much about this game... never thought it would give me so much satisfaction. Beautiful graphics.. and the gameplay is really unbelievable... I think it's the best game on ps3 ever.... don't understand the negative replies on this game...
  54. Dec 1, 2013
    One of the the most unique and satisfying gaming experiences you can have on the playstation 3. Even my friends were straight on hooked on this game who arent even into video games.
  55. Nov 26, 2013
    Heavy Rain is Beautiful game, unique sensations.
    The music is wonderful, the brilliant script.
    it's fun and engaging

I do not understand the low scores :S
  56. Nov 24, 2013
    To start things off, I really love this game. The storyline is incredible and with all you do in the game, you feel like most things you do actually make an impact on the game. People can live or die based on what you do! So with that mindset, I'd give the game a 10/10. That being said, I felt certain aspects of the game could have been tweaked. I think the voice acting was pretty hit andTo start things off, I really love this game. The storyline is incredible and with all you do in the game, you feel like most things you do actually make an impact on the game. People can live or die based on what you do! So with that mindset, I'd give the game a 10/10. That being said, I felt certain aspects of the game could have been tweaked. I think the voice acting was pretty hit and miss. Same with the character models (I think Madison was the best and Ethan was probably the worst to be fair). Last thing that could be ragged on (but I don't necessarily hate) is that there's not a whole lot of actual gameplay. The game's essentially a game long quick time event. So, if you hate the whole quick time even thing (and using your analog because you'll be using that in ways you never imagined) then this game may not be for you. Expand
  57. Nov 22, 2013
    This game absolutely blew my mind! Never before have I ever felt so invested in a game and its characters. The story is amazing with an incredible twist at the end. This game had me hooked from the very beginning. I beat this game in a day because I just couldn't bring myself to put the controller down and almost felt like crying when the game was over. Not to mention the replay value isThis game absolutely blew my mind! Never before have I ever felt so invested in a game and its characters. The story is amazing with an incredible twist at the end. This game had me hooked from the very beginning. I beat this game in a day because I just couldn't bring myself to put the controller down and almost felt like crying when the game was over. Not to mention the replay value is sky high with multiple choices and decisions you can make that really affect how the story plays out. But I think what makes this game truly remarkable are the characters. They are so well developed, they feel so much like real people you would pass by on the street, with real lives and histories. But the characters Ethan Mars and Norman Jaden, for me, truly stole the show. I found myself eagerly awaiting for the next time I would get to guide Ethan through his next trial or power up ARI with Jaden. My one and only gripe about this game would be the controls. While they weren't difficult to get used to, I found it pretty annoying having to hold R2 and turn your characters head in the direction you wanted to walk with the left stick. I often found the character not going quite where I wanted them to which could be frustrating, but didn't ruin the gameplay at all. Though if you're not quite familiar with ps3 controls I would definitely suggest playing on one of the lower difficulties as the QTE's can be quite tricky. All in all if you're looking for a completely immersive gameplay experience, get this game! You will NOT regret it. Expand
  58. Nov 21, 2013
    Heavy Rain is basically a 10 hours long breathtaking neo-noir interactive movie. Yes, it might be more of an interactive movie than an actual game with fluid gameplay etc., but that doesn't change the intensity of your experience in the least and you still have pretty important choices and decisions ahead of you. Heavy Rain just focuses on different elements: the story, characters,Heavy Rain is basically a 10 hours long breathtaking neo-noir interactive movie. Yes, it might be more of an interactive movie than an actual game with fluid gameplay etc., but that doesn't change the intensity of your experience in the least and you still have pretty important choices and decisions ahead of you. Heavy Rain just focuses on different elements: the story, characters, atmosphere, it's all premium quality here and the emotional reactions this game can evoke within you can be pretty strong, so it's definitely recommended to go through this piece at least once. 9/10 Expand
  59. Nov 19, 2013
    Un gran juego, con mucha innovación, te gustara la primera vez que lo juegues, según las decisiones que tomes, asi irá el juego, una trama digna de las peliculas de Holliwood, con un modo historia que te mete en el juego desde el principio hasta el final, un juego obligado para todos aquellos poosedores de una ps3 y amantes de lo nuevo, emocionante y vibrante, una obra maestra de QuanticUn gran juego, con mucha innovación, te gustara la primera vez que lo juegues, según las decisiones que tomes, asi irá el juego, una trama digna de las peliculas de Holliwood, con un modo historia que te mete en el juego desde el principio hasta el final, un juego obligado para todos aquellos poosedores de una ps3 y amantes de lo nuevo, emocionante y vibrante, una obra maestra de Quantic Dream ^_^ Expand
  60. Nov 13, 2013
    I give 10 for story and idea and 5 for gameplay and intro but for the repeatiable thing i give again 10 so it is 9/10 game if you have a PS3 and not ever play heavy rain YOU SHOULD!
  61. Nov 10, 2013
    This is the first time I score a game with a 10/10. The story line is perfect, beautiful soundtrack, and a gameplay who helps to empathize with the characters. Surprising ending.
  62. Oct 29, 2013
    Well. What can I say about heavy rain? First of all, it's really gripping, the story was excellent, the graphics are great, the characters are brilliant, the gameplay, however is a little dull at times (but nothing gamebreaking or serious) and the controls can be a little clunky, but don't let that stop you from experiencing this masterpeice!
  63. Oct 15, 2013
    One of the best games of this generation. A truly moving, emotional game. A dark, gritty, and heartbreaking crime drama for the ages. This is, without a doubt, a game that every PS3 owner needs to experience.
  64. Oct 11, 2013
    More like a movie than a game, Heavy Rain is still an impressing experience and its gripping, shocking story is one of the best I've ever experienced in gaming, and its gameplay controls are impressing as well, tackling down all its little problems (technical glitches, mispronouncing of the word "origami", and the slow pace of the game's prologue) and it couldn't get any better. The onlyMore like a movie than a game, Heavy Rain is still an impressing experience and its gripping, shocking story is one of the best I've ever experienced in gaming, and its gameplay controls are impressing as well, tackling down all its little problems (technical glitches, mispronouncing of the word "origami", and the slow pace of the game's prologue) and it couldn't get any better. The only thing that compares with Heavy Rain is Remedy's horror game Alan Wake, another game explaining within the darkest side of our sanity and reality. The search of a child kidnapped by the Origami Killer has never been so chilling and thrilling that I've ever succeeded in, and all the acclaim and sales proves it. I want to have a second run of Heavy Rain once again, because on how much its affection, along with games (Uncharted, The Last of Us, and more), impacted me, I wouldn't be wishing to stop getting my hands off the Dualshock.
    How much its affection is? Wanting to know how important life is, and loving it, despite on its changes, and save those who deserve to live, who you deserve to love, and who deserve to love you. That's how the affection is, after slitting Heavy Rain in the PS3, with the Dualshock in hands, and pressing the "play" button when you are ready. (9.5 out of 10)
  65. Oct 8, 2013
    The game is good. the storyline looks kinda glum. But it's a nice try. Maybe 2 to 3 years later a much more perfect version could be released...oh well. Still a good game
  66. Oct 5, 2013
    this game is truly different ,and that is what makes it so good it literally feels like a movie except you control what happens .at the end of the day i think everybody needs to play this game
  67. Oct 4, 2013
    um jogo incrível, cuja experiência aumenta gradativamente com a trama. Pra quem quer um game com um ótimo enredo, tensão e principalmente inovação, não vai se arrepender.
  68. Oct 2, 2013
    Absolute brilliant piece of work. The plot was very well written and completely amazed after playing. Good graphics, the gameplay might be a bit boring for people who look for excited controls or gameplay. This is certainly one of the best stories I have ever heard through out my life. Too bad they are making a movie instead of another game though.....
  69. Oct 2, 2013
    I've seen and heard people sh*t all over this game because its a because it is not really a game...its more a movie.A f*cking good one at that,I cant tell you how good this game is how interesting the characters are and how awesome it is to see each ending.I loved the fact that one choice could change the whole game like my first play through I was not quick enough and a character died,I've seen and heard people sh*t all over this game because its a because it is not really a game...its more a movie.A f*cking good one at that,I cant tell you how good this game is how interesting the characters are and how awesome it is to see each ending.I loved the fact that one choice could change the whole game like my first play through I was not quick enough and a character died, instead of giving me a restart screen that was it.That character was gone for the rest of the game and that is pretty awesome,the game really cheap now if your a ps3 owner GET IT!. Expand
  70. Sep 16, 2013
    Un asesino serial, un agente de policía y un padre desesperado son los ingredientes que dan pie a la trama de Heavy Rain, un juego exclusivo para PS3 desarrollado por el equipo de Sony Computer Entertainment Europe con la colaboración de Quantic Dream.

Una vida perfecta…… Despiertas en tu recamara, el sol entra por la ventana, te asomas al jardín, tomas una ducha y recuerdas que es el

Una vida perfecta……
    Despiertas en tu recamara, el sol entra por la ventana, te asomas al jardín, tomas una ducha y recuerdas que es el cumpleaños de tu hijo Jason, el mayor, tu esposa lo llevo de compras junto con su hermano Shaun, para cuando regresan a casa ya es hora de la comida pero te das tiempo de salir y jugar un rato con los chicos.

Así es como comienza todo en Heavy Rain, un juego con un estilo muy diferente a los demás, que bien se le podría llamar película interactiva antes de considerarlo un videojuego pero eso sería muy poco para describir todo lo que en realidad es; una experiencia inolvidable.

Tratando de evitar los spoilers les puedo contar que la historia gira entorno a un asesino serial que azota la ciudad, todo esto visto a través de 4 personajes diferentes que en algún momento cruzaran sus caminos para darnos los diferentes ángulos de esta trama y así poder llegar a resolver el caso del “Asesino del Origami”.

¿Porque no corre?

Lo primero que notaras al tomar el control de alguno de los personajes, es que no puedes correr, ni saltar, ni golpear, tan solo se limita a caminar, observar e interactuar con algunos objetos, pero aquí es donde está el detalle primordial de Heavy Rain, en todo momento estarás decidiendo si hacer o no diversas actividades, las cuales pueden tener consecuencias en los sucesos posteriores tratando de darte esa sensación que se tiene en la vida real al momento de tomar decisiones, estas van desde que tu personaje se bañe o se ponga a trabajar o ambas o ninguna y la historia continuara sin mayor problema hasta llegar a algunas más complejas donde estará en juego la vida de los personajes.

En algunos momentos del juego tenemos la libertad de explorar diferentes áreas, en estas tendremos la posibilidad de escuchar los pensamientos de nuestros personajes con solo presionar un botón, para así entenderlo mejor y saber cuáles son sus reacciones ante las diferentes situaciones que se le presentan.

Necesitaras buenos reflejos

Existen varias secuencias de acción en donde tendremos que ir presionando los botones que aparecen en pantalla o realizar ciertos movimientos con los Sticks para que nuestro personaje en turno realice diferentes movimientos, en algunos incluso se utiliza el olvidado sixaxis y hace ya algún tiempo se agrego la compatibilidad con el PSmove para tratar de dar una mejor experiencia al momento de estarlo jugando.

Se puede llegar a pensar que es un juego lento pero debemos de considerar que es el ritmo en el que estuvo pensado para que podamos asimilar todo lo que está pasando en esta historia tan compleja y así lograr obtener esa sensación de drama deseada por sus creadores.

Realidad o Realidad Virtual

Algo sobresaliente es el aspecto grafico, que si bien no es sorpresa al ser desarrollado por un estudio especialista en captura de movimiento, lo que lograron hacer con los rostros de los personajes dentro del juego fue lo que los llevo a ser considerados de los mejores en el mundo para la captura facial y de sentimientos en modelos virtuales.

Durante las pantallas de carga entre las diferentes escenas nos muestran los rostros del personaje a controlar en un primer plano y es aquí donde podemos apreciar la cantidad de detalle con la que fueron hechos.

¿Por qué jugarlo?

Como lo dije al principio, mas allá de un juego es una experiencia de vida, solo necesitas dejarte llevar por la historia de este fantástico thriller psicológico la cual te mantendrá enganchado y no te dejara soltar el control, el juego está hecho para que lo disfrutes como si fuera una película solo con el pequeño detalle que dura de entre 8 a 10 horas según tus acciones, por lo tanto creo que si lo terminas en unos 4 o 5 días tendrás toda la información aun fresca en tu memoria.

¿Por qué NO jugarlo?

Para empezar, ¿se juega?, hay varios momentos en los que seremos simples espectadores de una película en HD, además de varias partes medias flojas en donde la historia va avanzando a cuenta gotas y en mi caso que lo jugué en español, de castilla, varias animaciones no van en ritmo con el sonido.

Este es MI final

La verdad me hice un fan del juego desde que lo terminé, pero no me animo a reiniciarlo para no perder esa historia que me toco y quedarme con esa versión como mi Heavy Rain, platicando con otras personas que lo han jugado nos dimos cuenta que todos teníamos un final diferente y creo que eso es lo que lo hace especial, el sentir que cada quien tiene su desenlace personal.

Les recomiendo ampliamente que lo jueguen y no importa si solo lo rentan un fin de semana, lo que importa es no perderse la oportunidad de disfrutarlo.
  71. Sep 15, 2013
    I watched Pewdiepie's playthrough of this game since I don't own a PS3. Damn, this is seriously one of the better character/story driven games out there. It's a bit slow in the beginning and if you want a comparison, I'd say The Walking Dead (for the PC) compare to this quite well. While I did like The Walking Dead more than Heavy Rain, this game still is really an amazing game. It must'veI watched Pewdiepie's playthrough of this game since I don't own a PS3. Damn, this is seriously one of the better character/story driven games out there. It's a bit slow in the beginning and if you want a comparison, I'd say The Walking Dead (for the PC) compare to this quite well. While I did like The Walking Dead more than Heavy Rain, this game still is really an amazing game. It must've taken a lot of time to make since there are so many possible outcomes for every scene. (There are like 17 endings! That's right, 17!!) Expand
  72. Sep 3, 2013
    The only con I could find with a magnifying glass would be some visual glitches, and that happened maybe three times the entire game, the game is that perfect. At first I wasn't sure what to think of it since it was moving along so slowly, but man it blew my mind. The characters are so finely tuned and well executed and voice acted. The story is terrifying and intense. The visuals areThe only con I could find with a magnifying glass would be some visual glitches, and that happened maybe three times the entire game, the game is that perfect. At first I wasn't sure what to think of it since it was moving along so slowly, but man it blew my mind. The characters are so finely tuned and well executed and voice acted. The story is terrifying and intense. The visuals are fantastic there's really nothing negative to say about this game, it's still just as revolutionary over 3 years after its release, PLAY THIS GAME. Expand
  73. Aug 30, 2013
    Wow, what should I say? First, this game is unique. It´s like playing a thriller movie where your choices really change the ending. Second, amazing graphics (all in my home where surprised with how real it looked), great story and not so predictable as a few users said. And third, I really enjoy this kind of games, but I get that It´s not for everybody. Sometimes the pacing is slow and theWow, what should I say? First, this game is unique. It´s like playing a thriller movie where your choices really change the ending. Second, amazing graphics (all in my home where surprised with how real it looked), great story and not so predictable as a few users said. And third, I really enjoy this kind of games, but I get that It´s not for everybody. Sometimes the pacing is slow and the atmosphere depressing, but took me a few days to complete it and was worth all the time. Rare, interesting and one of a kind. Expand
  74. Aug 24, 2013
    Heavy Rain is an interesting game, I played this game because a friend lent me the game, and the time I spent with him was enough to know that Quantic Dreams is one of the strengths of Sony and Playstation 3. The story is engaging and surprising, took control of four characters as we trying to find out who the origami killer is. It's an unexpected story and depending on how we play theHeavy Rain is an interesting game, I played this game because a friend lent me the game, and the time I spent with him was enough to know that Quantic Dreams is one of the strengths of Sony and Playstation 3. The story is engaging and surprising, took control of four characters as we trying to find out who the origami killer is. It's an unexpected story and depending on how we play the game has a different outcome. It's a game that deserves to be played for anyone who has a PS3. It's a game that deserves to be played, before being released the next game from Quantic Dreams, "Beyond: Two Souls." Expand
  75. Aug 24, 2013
  76. Aug 23, 2013
    This is similar the Virtue's Last Reward in how it technically isn't a game. I understand people not liking cutscenes, but please, this is a mature game, not an all out action Capitalist 'GO AMERICA' FPS. The story is very well written, and the multiple choices/ ending are fun to earn. There are 4 main character, and all are fairly interesting (Madison was maybe kind of generic). TheThis is similar the Virtue's Last Reward in how it technically isn't a game. I understand people not liking cutscenes, but please, this is a mature game, not an all out action Capitalist 'GO AMERICA' FPS. The story is very well written, and the multiple choices/ ending are fun to earn. There are 4 main character, and all are fairly interesting (Madison was maybe kind of generic). The graphic are great, but sometimes the animation can be a bit off (Awkward love scene anyone?).
    The gameplay is a bit of walking around, but mostly QTEs, which some people will not like.
    This game is one of the best games on Playstation, and if you're into a good story, it's a must buy.
  77. Aug 5, 2013
    A masterpiece. Storytelling in a way that is rarely seen and experienced. Great presentation and gameplay that really sucks you into the game. But the true star here is the story extremely well done. They should really make a movie out this game.
  78. Jul 25, 2013
    My friend told me that a FPS or a TPS game is going to come out. let me guess the summary of a game. Get to cover, move out and kill the bad guys again, again and again. Yes, this game is more like a interactive movie than a video game. But the story and the graphics are awesome. If you want a real and a different experience you should check this game out.
  79. Jul 23, 2013
    One of the best games of ps3 and the gameplay is unique and not just QTE and the story keeps getting better and the camera view is rare in game now and the fact that the storyline changes with every thing you do is fantastic
  80. Jul 22, 2013
    Heavy Rain is in short, a dramatic mystery investigation movie. However, in this movie you get to interact with the objects and people around you. You play as four very different characters an FBI agent on the case of the origami killer, a Privet investigator who has been on the case for years now, a depressed father who has enough on his plate already, and a journalist. At first you haveHeavy Rain is in short, a dramatic mystery investigation movie. However, in this movie you get to interact with the objects and people around you. You play as four very different characters an FBI agent on the case of the origami killer, a Privet investigator who has been on the case for years now, a depressed father who has enough on his plate already, and a journalist. At first you have no idea how they are connected, if at all. As you delve deeper into the plot you uncover clues and leads and you get to make your own opinions. With these opinions you can make actions, and every action no matter how small plays a part on the outcome. Speaking of outcomes there are over 20 different endings to the game. The story is perplexing and riveting giving this game a 10/10! Wait a minute... Didn't I score this a 9/10? The reason behind this is simply because of how clunky the controls are I went through the entire game many many hours of game play. Still after all those hours there are points in the game where I can not walk in the direction I please. The camera angles switching 180 degrees only ads to my confusion. Although, all in all this is a must have game for the play station owner and I feel as though it is one of the best games of this generation. You know a game really strikes you when your emotions start to influence the decisions you make in the game. I caught myself yelling at my screen full of nothing but prescript-ed animations. I was not yelling at another player on Battlefield 3 for killing me with the modded M26 Dart I was yelling because the story had sucked me into the game. That is when you know it is good. Expand
  81. Jul 10, 2013
    I've never played any game like this before all the interesting idea's and ways to do things is amazing.It was very hard for me i'm more into xbox360 but I got a ps3 for this game and last of us it was a good thing I did.Almost flawless game.
  82. Jul 1, 2013
    Heavy Rain was a game that I really enjoyed, I loved the characters and the story, I just couldn't find a fault. When it was over however, I thought back on the whole thing. I realised that the game is heavily flawed in places it shouldn't be. It has huge plot holes and the twist isn't great either. Voice acting is also very inconsistent in quality. These are two things that shouldn'tHeavy Rain was a game that I really enjoyed, I loved the characters and the story, I just couldn't find a fault. When it was over however, I thought back on the whole thing. I realised that the game is heavily flawed in places it shouldn't be. It has huge plot holes and the twist isn't great either. Voice acting is also very inconsistent in quality. These are two things that shouldn't happen in a game like Heavy Rain. However the story is very good until it comes close to the end, then things just go silly. The character models and facial animations are superb and very well done. I actually enjoyed the gameplay style Heavy Rain has, the quicktime event fights are intense, especially the life or death ones when you're so attached to the characters. I would have given Heavy Rain a 6 or 7 if it wasn't for how much I loved it whilst I was playing it, It has great ideas and is certainly innovative, but it's also utterly flawed. I hope David Cage gets his together for Beyond Two Souls and fixes the problems that Heavy Rain has, if he does, or whenever he does, it'll make for a damn fine game. Expand
  83. Jul 1, 2013
    Great game, amazing storytelling, intriguing, interesting, captivating. A different subgenre of video games... more like interactive movies? It needs to be experienced to be understood.
  84. Jun 30, 2013
    I loved this game!...If you're looking for a game with originality than this game is for you. I love the QTE it makes you think fast and make tough decisions. If you want a game that is story oriented and gives you an emotional high this is that game. I had so much fun playing this game and it had a lot of memorable moments. Most people who don't like these kind of games are usualllyI loved this game!...If you're looking for a game with originality than this game is for you. I love the QTE it makes you think fast and make tough decisions. If you want a game that is story oriented and gives you an emotional high this is that game. I had so much fun playing this game and it had a lot of memorable moments. Most people who don't like these kind of games are usuallly hardcore FPS fans who don't have the patience to play through a depth story driven game. Anyone that doesn't at least appreciate this game doesn't have much taste for a new and different genre. Heavy Rain is a fantastic game that everyone should give a chance. You would be missing out if you did. Expand
  85. Jun 9, 2013
    Like film noir of the Chinatown kind? Twists akin to Se7en? Heavy Rain is likely to be the best cinematic experience ever with a memorable storyline of the highest caliber, fascinating characters who're understandable as real, functional humans and interactive gameplay with choices of a perfect variety. Heavy Rain perfects these elements to establish a seriously animated investigation intoLike film noir of the Chinatown kind? Twists akin to Se7en? Heavy Rain is likely to be the best cinematic experience ever with a memorable storyline of the highest caliber, fascinating characters who're understandable as real, functional humans and interactive gameplay with choices of a perfect variety. Heavy Rain perfects these elements to establish a seriously animated investigation into a serial killing and the characters involved with it. Expand
  86. May 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I rented this game thinking it was going to be terrible, but the story is so damn good, the fight/ interaction scenes were tense and fun. I also had a rare funny ending, at the end when they are fighting on top of the warehouse, whenever I pressed x I could hear the father yelling shaun from inside, it made the game even sweeter. Expand
  87. May 22, 2013
    I'm one of the few people who don't mind quick time events. Yeah, if you hate them, avoid this game. However, if you're looking for a very engaging storyline with multiple endings, Heavy Rain has it. It was essentially like playing an awesome Rated R crime/thriller movie.
  88. May 3, 2013
    This game is incredible. The story is amazing with incredible character with a lot of personality. The environment in this game is just awesome, the graphics are very good just like the art design. The voice acting is pretty good. The game play is innovate and yes is all "quick time events" but what's the problem? it's a type of gaming so I don't see the big deal on it, it's actuallyThis game is incredible. The story is amazing with incredible character with a lot of personality. The environment in this game is just awesome, the graphics are very good just like the art design. The voice acting is pretty good. The game play is innovate and yes is all "quick time events" but what's the problem? it's a type of gaming so I don't see the big deal on it, it's actually pretty good and fun. Also I love how all your actions, may change the story, it makes you think twice in your decision's and actually makes you want to know, what it will be the ending. Expand
  89. Apr 25, 2013
    Not just 'Quick Time Event The Game'. I have not seen another game that matches the variety of story choices. This is one of the few games which allows the player to mold there own unique gaming experience.
  90. Apr 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The most awesome game I've played after god of war.
    I couldn't believe that one of the charectors would be the killer.
    It's really amazing and I'm going to keep playing until I see all endings.
  91. Apr 2, 2013
    Mehr ein interaktiver Film als ein Spiel. Hat verschiedene Möglichkeiten ein Problem zu lösen. Je nach dem wie man spielt verändert sich die Storyline. Bleibt bis zum Ende spannend, wobei das Ende an sich das Gesamtbild zu einer zwar guten, aber keiner grandiosen Story prägt.
    Nicht desto Trotz ist Heavy Rain ein sehr gutes und unterhaltsames Spiel das einfach anders ist als die anderen. Definitiv Spielenswert.
  92. Mar 31, 2013
    There are some technical issues (screen tearing and minor bugs), but the game is a masterpiece...It was like watching a very good movie that lasted for many hours.
  93. Mar 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Holy This game is one of the most climatic and emotionally-driven stories of the videogame medium. The attention to detail, the character's reactions, the situations are all astoundly well-put together. By utilising quick-time events to its advantage it makes the game severely intensified. You actually connect and care for these characters, you want them to succeed. This game makes the player pay attention to the game world, it makes you invested into the game, with one wrong or right move continuing the story in a certain direction. Replayability is a major factor aswell, just to see the contrast between endings or what certain choices amount to. Or though I'd recommend putting it on the hardest difficulty, otherwise it's just too easy. Yes, there is a few inconsistencies within the plot; like that stupid sex scene which was just out-of place and unnecessary to the story. I felt they should have elaborated more on that drug killer Ethan killed and what the police did about it. Overall, it's a good game. Thoroughly recommended! Expand
  94. Mar 21, 2013
    There are few games that can be as thrilling and emotional as Heavy Rain. Going into this game, I had low expectations, mainly because I hadn't heard much about it, good or bad, so I thought it really wouldn't be worth my time. Boy, was I wrong! After finishing the game, my emotions were coming out of me in bizarre ways. Never had a game touched me like Heavy Rain had. The storyline is oneThere are few games that can be as thrilling and emotional as Heavy Rain. Going into this game, I had low expectations, mainly because I hadn't heard much about it, good or bad, so I thought it really wouldn't be worth my time. Boy, was I wrong! After finishing the game, my emotions were coming out of me in bizarre ways. Never had a game touched me like Heavy Rain had. The storyline is one of the best I have ever seen. The voice acting was top-notch and made the characters that much more realistic and lovable. The graphics aren't the best, but that shouldn't stop you from playing. And once you get past the somewhat difficult and unusual controls, there's no stopping you from playing this game from start to finish. Expand
  95. Mar 18, 2013
    Sure the movements of the characters are irritating at times and the voice acting is not the best in the world, but all that is forgotten when you play the game and come to realise what a truely awesome experience it is. Since when has dying or coming short in a game make you more anxious to play further and see how the rest of the story unfolds?! Not often, and that is how I felt when ISure the movements of the characters are irritating at times and the voice acting is not the best in the world, but all that is forgotten when you play the game and come to realise what a truely awesome experience it is. Since when has dying or coming short in a game make you more anxious to play further and see how the rest of the story unfolds?! Not often, and that is how I felt when I played Heavy Rain! Love the game! Can play it over and over again... Expand
  96. Mar 17, 2013
    My gut wants to give this game a 10, but it is definitely not perfect. The voice acting is weird at times, the controls are frustrating at other times, and there are some weird things in the plot. That said, no game has ever made me so invested in the characters and the story. I couldn't put it down. I played through the whole game in 8 or 9 hours in one sitting (it was the weekend so IMy gut wants to give this game a 10, but it is definitely not perfect. The voice acting is weird at times, the controls are frustrating at other times, and there are some weird things in the plot. That said, no game has ever made me so invested in the characters and the story. I couldn't put it down. I played through the whole game in 8 or 9 hours in one sitting (it was the weekend so I could do that). This is possibly another bad thing about the game it's rather short. It has multiple endings, but you may not want to play another 8-9 hours to see them. I've watched several Let's Play sessions of this game. I love it though, and you can usually find it for like $20 these days. Nobody with a PS3 should miss out on this one in my opinion. Expand
  97. Mar 11, 2013
    This reminded me of Silent Hill in the way that you get so sucked into the story that none of the flaws seem to matter. This game is so beautiful and atmospheric, and VERY dark cause you get to see all of the main characters at their worst. All of the button-pressing sequences are rather exhilarating since your life is always at risk. My favorite thing about this game is that if oneThis reminded me of Silent Hill in the way that you get so sucked into the story that none of the flaws seem to matter. This game is so beautiful and atmospheric, and VERY dark cause you get to see all of the main characters at their worst. All of the button-pressing sequences are rather exhilarating since your life is always at risk. My favorite thing about this game is that if one character dies, the story just keeps on going. I've never played any game like this, and for that it is a true classic. Expand
  98. Mar 9, 2013
    Heavy Rain is more of an interactive movie, similar to Dragon's Lair and Space Ace, rather than an actual video game, but a damn good one at that. The story is clever, well told, and controllable by your actions, however, the actual gameplay of Heavy Rain, unfortunately, takes a backseat to the story, and it can be hard to control because of that. However, if you are willing to forgive theHeavy Rain is more of an interactive movie, similar to Dragon's Lair and Space Ace, rather than an actual video game, but a damn good one at that. The story is clever, well told, and controllable by your actions, however, the actual gameplay of Heavy Rain, unfortunately, takes a backseat to the story, and it can be hard to control because of that. However, if you are willing to forgive the sluggish controls and the lack of replayability, there is a great experience to be had here. Expand
  99. Feb 27, 2013
    This is a good game, but it somehow lacks a little in each category. The controls are interesting, but confusing at times. The characters are well acted, but at the same time aren't. The plot is okay, but very confusing. Anybody who says this is a bad game is crazy, but it isn't the best game ever made.
  100. Feb 21, 2013
    My favorite and most beloved PS3 game, I will never forget how it make me fell when I played, back to back, 6 times.
    It is a powerful and unforgettable experience that stays with you months after playing, this game is the LOUIS C.K. of video games: sincere, original and creative.
    If you like intelligent and mysterious games, PLAY IT.
  101. Oct 10, 2010
    A cinematic masterpiece, Heavy Rain is a game that deserves all the recognition and hype it received when it was first released in early 2010. Although the beginning of the title seems rather dull and slow, and the activities presented, such as the tedious and mundane task of brushing your teeth can be quite interesting and can leave the conventional video gamer turned off, Heavy Rain isA cinematic masterpiece, Heavy Rain is a game that deserves all the recognition and hype it received when it was first released in early 2010. Although the beginning of the title seems rather dull and slow, and the activities presented, such as the tedious and mundane task of brushing your teeth can be quite interesting and can leave the conventional video gamer turned off, Heavy Rain is a simply stunning game that will manage to captivate potential gamers who prefer a new taste of gaming with an innovative control scheme which delivers tremendously, with a incredible plot line and gripping characters which you take control of, ultimately having to decide the fate of the characters in the end. There are 19 endings, but a fairly short gameplay. overall, this game is fantastic. one of the most original and greatest games to hit the market. A must play. Collapse

1. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Put gaming conventions aside, go in with no expectations other than this is something new and massively good-looking, and you'll be rewarded with a unique experience that lurches between genius and madness, manages to be genuinely emotional, and that you'll be bursting to talk about with your friends. [Feb 2010]
  2. For many people Heavy Rain won’t be more than a progression of quick-time-events, but for me this game has everything a great game needs. The thrilling story, the beautiful graphics and the innovative controls will let you play on and on, till you just can’t look any longer into your TV.
  3. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    We're enjoying it immensely... It is a game like none other. [Mar 2010, p.66]