Hitman: Absolution PlayStation 3

7.5

1. Nov 20, 2012
    PERFECT GAME. The best Hitman ever. Nice story, no bugs, nothing wrong with this game. HITMAN 4 EVER! I think it is the best game of the year, but we have to wait to far cry 3. But until now, hitman is the best.
  2. Jul 28, 2013
    Really enjoyed Hitman Absolution. It gives you countless challenges to approach your mission to kill your target or to escape from location.
    Controllers for hiding and taking cover confused me a little bit at the begining but it was fine after that. Enemy AI is really great. I finished the game on Hard difficulty and I enjoyed the challenges on this difficulty.
    Stealth is a great feature
    Stealth is a great feature of this game. So if you like stealth based games this one is for you.
    I give this game an 8/10
  3. Aug 8, 2013
    An overall fun game. The graphics are good the controlls are comfortable and the story is fun.this game lets you go in full shootout style or be a professional hitman by being stealthy which made me happy after the decline in splintercell. So if you loved old splinter cell this has just enough to make it a must have
  4. Nov 5, 2013
    This is the first Hitman game that i have played and to be honest i was really impressed by Hitman: Absolution. The shooting mechanics and combat are great, the graphics/art style is really good. The story is really good, the voice acting is outstanding along with the amaing looking cutscenes. This is truly a sleeper hit for the year 2012 and i cant wait to see a sequel. Hitman: AbsolutionThis is the first Hitman game that i have played and to be honest i was really impressed by Hitman: Absolution. The shooting mechanics and combat are great, the graphics/art style is really good. The story is really good, the voice acting is outstanding along with the amaing looking cutscenes. This is truly a sleeper hit for the year 2012 and i cant wait to see a sequel. Hitman: Absolution is what the Batman Arkham series should have been. Expand
  5. Dec 10, 2012
    Hitman is a very good game, however in this game you dont play for the violence but for the very satisfaction of a job well done. I would give it a solid 9 out of ten. I am on the 12th level and I am enjoying the game play. Its challenging and it forces you to try different things to complete the mission. How you complete it is entirely up to the gamer. It does take a while to ease intoHitman is a very good game, however in this game you dont play for the violence but for the very satisfaction of a job well done. I would give it a solid 9 out of ten. I am on the 12th level and I am enjoying the game play. Its challenging and it forces you to try different things to complete the mission. How you complete it is entirely up to the gamer. It does take a while to ease into the game, thats probably why people felt it necessary to give it a negative score. In Hitman you will be rewarded with patience with a higher ranking score. To sum it up, Hitman is a certainly and engrossing game but may not be for everyone. You just couldn Expand
  6. Dec 8, 2012
    This game is fantastic. 98/100. Some people complain about rubbish AI but I've had no problems with, no glitches at all actually. There are multiple, big open levels with various ways to play, carefully planned accidents or gory improvised kills, it all works beautifully under he gorgeous Glacier engine. Hitman graphics have always been top of the line and Absolution is no different. TheThis game is fantastic. 98/100. Some people complain about rubbish AI but I've had no problems with, no glitches at all actually. There are multiple, big open levels with various ways to play, carefully planned accidents or gory improvised kills, it all works beautifully under he gorgeous Glacier engine. Hitman graphics have always been top of the line and Absolution is no different. The soundtrack is of course, superb again. And the five difficulty levels really do vary, very easy to spot the differences, No-one can complain the game is too easy or too hard, just really stupid if they do, because the range of difficulty is great for newcomers, casual gamer's and hardcore fans alike. Purist is absolutely mental.

The only negative points; instinct is quite cool but nothing on the old map which i do kinda miss and the checkpoint system is basically useless, however you don't even get player activated checkpoints on the higher difficulty levels, so that really is irrelevant for most of the difficulty levels. Replay-ability is excellent with almost 300 collectibles/challenges to do, play styles, disguise collection, play style, 47 upgrades, and of course trying to get Silent Assassin on every level. Not to mention Contracts mode, 50,000 contracts and counting, this game really never does end!

Far Cry 3 is immersive, Mass Effect went out with a bang, and Dishonored was a unique experience but Hitman really is game of the year. It's darkly funny, over the top, beautiful, packed with detail and variety and can be replayed countless times. Best game ever.
  7. Nov 25, 2012
    Waiting for 6 years ... 6 years of painfully having to just honestly hope for the new Htiman to come out and is it worth it ?
    YES ! All the negative critics you will be reading is from , -buthurt- Hitman fans that never understood the concept of Hitman games obviously. It's about choice , tactics and taking your time in order to create an impressive chain of things that happen before you in the sandbox , all of that has been kept in Hitman Absolution , it's just been adapted to a more modern setting , with missions being cut up in different pieces which in one hand allows today's aging consoles to not experience a single hickup doing play , AND keeps the player on his feet giving him different environments constantly ! Graphics , gameplay , a 15x better story than the previous games in the series and spot on incredible amounts of replayability makes this game give it a 9.5/10 , truly something every games that doesn't have their head stuck too deep up COD's a** should try and play the hell out of , cause I sure am!
  8. Nov 26, 2012
    I'm about halfway through this title and it has been a really fun game. I was surprised at the amount of negative reviews for this game and they all fell into two categories: The first group loved previous Hitman games and Absolution to them has different gameplay and is a "corruption" of the franchise; the second group are gamers with some obvious agenda since they've mostly neverI'm about halfway through this title and it has been a really fun game. I was surprised at the amount of negative reviews for this game and they all fell into two categories: The first group loved previous Hitman games and Absolution to them has different gameplay and is a "corruption" of the franchise; the second group are gamers with some obvious agenda since they've mostly never reviewed any other games and reviewed EACH PLATFORM of Hitman 2:Absolution with a 0. That's desperation Expand
  9. Nov 23, 2012
    Hitman: Absolution is a slow, methodical stealth game that out does it's predecessors. Killing his long time handler and fan-favorite of the series, Diana Burnwood, Agent 47's journey becomes personal, as it leads him on the trail of a girl named Victoria. Hitman : Absolution has most interesting plot in the series since Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, and is worth revisiting.

Starting off

Starting off in Diana's large mansion, then to moving your way through the busied streets of Chinatown, the game features numerous locations all different from the last. Multiple paths can be taken in each level, leaving tons of variety in each level to be played an excessive amount. Also, the locales are all breathtaking thanks to IO's new Glacier 2 engine. If you're a avid Hitman fan, Absolution will not leave you disappointed. This game was completely worth the six year hiatus after Blood Money. Pick this one up.
  10. Nov 21, 2012
    I waited a little while before writing a review so I had a complete and clear understanding of the game
    (Pre-ordered Hitman absolution and was playing it only minutes after its official Australian release)..
    This is not a complete game as of yet, it's a little buggy and a few concepts need to be patched, and I have no doubt that they will be.. Other then that this is a fantastic game
    Other then that this is a fantastic game and a must buy for any stealth or action game loving player (Or compulsive perfectionists like myself)..
    It's everything you'd expect from a hitman game, No set path on how to play it, visually stunning, and brutally difficult on the highest setting..
    The game play it's self is close to that of bloodmoney, although its been a little to simplified for my liking (I know they are just trying to reach a larger audience, causal's and what not), but it still has that gritty dark hitman feel..

The leaderboard system is what I have my biggest problem with, the competitive nature is all well and good, but On a global and national scale it just has no place, with youtube videos on how to do perfect purist runs with in one month of the release all top 1000 will have the exact same score and all the effort anyone puts in to legitimately get on the leaderboards will be for nothing, with all the cheaters and lazy gamers taking up every spot..

Luckily the contracts system will compensate for this, having close to an unlimited ways to set up contracts and to carry them out people will be forced to act uniquely..

Over all this game is close to exactly what all the diehard hitman fans wanted, it's an amazing game no doubt, but there is room for improvement, and with later patches this game hopefully will become the game we all wanted..
  11. Nov 23, 2012
    warning....this game is almost perfect....do not trust in everthing you read and see....
    until now the best graphic engine of the year,almost»no bugs,no gliches,...and very adictive gameplay....
    thans square nix and i.o....
  12. Nov 24, 2012
    Don't believe the blatantly poor reviews some of the users are leaving, how you can give this game a 4 out of 10 or lower when 97% of the professional reviews are extremely positive, that right there should cause you to immediately disregard those bad reviews.
    Hitman Absolution is a great gaming experience. The team at IO have taken the formula from previous installments and then perfected it. As always, the options are plentiful for 47, now there is even more choice, and more opportunities to employ them. Now you can do things like climb out windows and through vents for shortcuts, or just use the fantastic cover system and disguises to slip right past your enemies.
    Graphics have a unique feel and are very pretty, especially lighting, shadow, and textures are very well done. The environments that show off the graphics are just as lovingly crafted, authentic, and fun to run around in and interact with. Writing and voice acting are another strong point for this game, its satisfying just to wait behind cover and listen to an interesting(and often hilarious) conversation.
    All in all, between the fun and tight game mechanics, great story and characters, and so much variety in both gameplay and environment settings, thus is one that you will enjoy all the way through and then some. Great job IO and Square Enix!
  13. Nov 22, 2012
    As a long time Hitman fan i was skeptical when i heard of some changes. But i must say getting the chance to play it for myself has put those to rest, great assassination missions padded out with fantastic levels in between which further the story. Loved every minute
  14. Nov 20, 2012
    Just an all around good, violent action game. The story is decent although it's not the strong suit of the game, and as someone below me has stated, there are (almost) no bugs. Not GOTY, not at all, but absolutely riveting.
  15. Nov 20, 2012
    I'll keep this simple: Graphics are amazing, ridiculously good (which makes sense because of the also ridiculously big 20gb file size). Gameplay is still great, a lot more linear and a bit easier than previous Hitman games, but still amazingly fun (and long). I reccomend this game highly :)
  16. Nov 21, 2012
    Hitman is one of my favorite stealth franchises of all time and it's back. Hitman Absolution is the fifth game in the series and the first true next gen Hitman title. The story in HA starts off right where blood money left off and that's great for fans of the series. The story is intriguing and has many twists and turns to keep you interested. The graphics are truly something to beholdHitman is one of my favorite stealth franchises of all time and it's back. Hitman Absolution is the fifth game in the series and the first true next gen Hitman title. The story in HA starts off right where blood money left off and that's great for fans of the series. The story is intriguing and has many twists and turns to keep you interested. The graphics are truly something to behold and I like a lot of the bloom effects. The game has a very distinct art style and more games should create their own style. The gameplay is classic Hitman, you can tackle the objective in many different ways. I suggest if your decent at stealth games that you play the game on hard and work your way up from there. The normal mode is just too easy and the AI seems dumb then. The AI is very good on hard mode and I don't even want to know how hard the game would be on purist. The stiffness of movement from previous Hitman games is gone and the game plays very well. The gunplay has also been improved in case you get in a ruff spot here and there. Overall Hitman Absolution is a great game and was definitely worth the six year wait. Expand
  17. Nov 26, 2012
    After reading threw allot of the negative reviews I decided to join the site to add my 5 cents. Hitman has gone through some changes that mostly work out just fine. I can understand some of the negative feedback from fans of this series having played all other entries in the series. There are a few I can definitely relate to. But I do think that change even if it is good sometimes bringsAfter reading threw allot of the negative reviews I decided to join the site to add my 5 cents. Hitman has gone through some changes that mostly work out just fine. I can understand some of the negative feedback from fans of this series having played all other entries in the series. There are a few I can definitely relate to. But I do think that change even if it is good sometimes brings grief to fans of such a great series. Instinct: In this instalment there is the instinct mode added that new players can use as a crutch. At allows you to see enemies locations and there routs it also allows you to hide your face so you can bypass enemies of a curtain faction. I see how this can be a big problem if you were forced to use it. However this is not the case. You can turn it of in the options menu and this makes the game allot more interesting to advanced players. Disguises: This is one of the flaws of the game as far as I am concerned. But again it can be avoided by turning of the instinct in the options menu. It made sense to me that lets see you use a cleaners disguise that the clean-up crew would be able to recognize you as no being a member of staff. For all getting past all other factions the disguise works just fine. To Kill or not to Kill: You can choose your own play style so if you wish to rack up as many kills as possible there is nothing from stopping you. You can blast your way through you can strangle your way through and you can sneak by unnoticed. I have played about 16 hours on hard without touching a single soul aside from my targets. The game is not a series of quick time events as some reviews might lead you to believe. There are multiple ways of taking down your target. You do get rewarded or punished by playing a certain way. The silent assassin is what you are pushed to play if you are going for scores. I would think fore hitman fans it would not be about the scores but more about playing the style you like. There is always the option of replaying to rack up those high scores. In closing it is a very good game at its core. Fore diehard fans of the series there could be some disappointment when it comes to a story driven plot. The reports of crashes and bugs may be accurate but I have yet to have one. I hope my opinion and those of other gamers will help you in making a well-informed purchase. I for one advise you to give this game a go. Expand
  18. Nov 20, 2012
    Good god this is so badass! They really nailed it again! From story to gameplay it is just perfekt! Really worth the money and the score 10/10!
    If you havent played the 4 other hitman games then do it! The story from this is after all the other games
  19. Nov 21, 2012
    Look, i'm not going to lie, okay? this game isn't perfect but it's one of the best games this gen imo and i'm not exaggerating, it's sad that most prefer to play generic first person shooter instead of actual good games like this, this game deserves a 9 but i gave it a perfect score to counter all those 0's coming from trolls that haven't even played the game.
  20. Nov 21, 2012
    Damn, 47's is back with a load of style :D Graphics are nice, gameplay is nice and it has enough replay-value in comparison to all the other bestselling-crap like CoD etc. out there; you're free to play it your way (voilent/sneaky/professional). I am not missing anything (but a map ;). They even added a surprisingly useful online-mode to compete in and create contracts! Get your hands onDamn, 47's is back with a load of style :D Graphics are nice, gameplay is nice and it has enough replay-value in comparison to all the other bestselling-crap like CoD etc. out there; you're free to play it your way (voilent/sneaky/professional). I am not missing anything (but a map ;). They even added a surprisingly useful online-mode to compete in and create contracts! Get your hands on it, this is how sequels are done the right way! Collapse
  21. Nov 24, 2012
    **Spoiler free review**

This is the first time I have ever reviewed a game, which should give a good idea of how great I think this game is. For those who don't know, Agent 47 is the main character, a cold blooded assassin who (historically) has little morality and will kill whoever is in his way of a paycheck. He has a history of killing a diverse group of characters, including drug
    **Spoiler free review**

For those who don't know, Agent 47 is the main character, a cold blooded assassin who (historically) has little morality and will kill whoever is in his way of a paycheck. He has a history of killing a diverse group of characters, including drug dealers, a priest, businessmen, and even a Vice President once. But this time, for the most part, Agent 47 doesn't kill for money. He does most of his killing, so far in my play through, to protect a young woman. This is very unusual for Agent 47, but people change just as much as the times do. This threw me off at first, and to be honest, the story could be much better. Without giving any details, you will soon realize the storyline goes off on wild ends and does not make much sense at times. For example, Agent 47 is on the run for a large portion of the game, so why would he care about protecting a young stranger while his own life is in danger? A woman whom he barely even knows??? Some would say Hitman Absolution is trying to show Agent 47's "good side" but UMMM, this man is a hitman lol. I love the Hitman series and have played every single game of it, but the storyline here might be the worst of the series. With that being said, the action and gameplay more than make up for the weak story. You can be a holy roller and kill ONLY your targets, or go H.A.M. and kill whomever you want. This game can be a sadist's bloody fantasy, as the violence and gore in this game is over the top. In a good way.

The sound is also perfect, and while the music could better, the sound effects are heart stopping. The sounds of bullets hitting flesh are maybe the best I've ever heard in a video game, and the amount of dead bodies you can pile up will either impress you or make you want to throw up. YES, the game is THAT realistic. There is a level which things can get so bloody you're not sure if you're playing a game or watching a bloodbath unfold before your very eyes. Voice acting also isn't too bad, with conversations being pretty funny at times.

In short, this game is not as good as Blood Money, but it is easily the 2nd best game of the franchise. The only reason I have Blood Money as better than Absolution is because it is more PURE Hitman, solo missions in which you have a target and take him or her out. I don't like how so much of the story has Hitman running around and simply dodging cops, isn't that what cut scenes are for? Anyway, this game is still a classic due to its intense realism and twisted world, which is very engaging. A solid 9.4 out of 10 stars. BUY IT you will not regret it.
  22. Nov 21, 2012
    Hitman: Absolution isn't perfect but it's one of the best games to release this, it's kinda sad that most "gamers" prefer to play generic, bland and crappy military first person shooter instead of really good games like this, this game deserves a 8.5 but i gave it a perfect score to counter all those 0's coming from trolls that haven't even played the game.
  23. Nov 20, 2012
    Welcome back agent 47 this game is absolutely beautiful and brilliant yea sure people will find crap to nitpick about but this is an action/stealth gamers dream come true this is a must play for fans of the the series and the genre all together stop what you are doing right now and go by this game.
  24. Nov 21, 2012
    I find it pathetic that some folks still can't take off thier nostalgia goggles for seconds to review this game fairly instead of hating on it and giving it a low score because certain moment in the story that i won't spoil here annoyed them, it's sad to see games like this, Darksider 2 and Assassin's Creed III get bashed while generic military first person shooters get praised by the sameI find it pathetic that some folks still can't take off thier nostalgia goggles for seconds to review this game fairly instead of hating on it and giving it a low score because certain moment in the story that i won't spoil here annoyed them, it's sad to see games like this, Darksider 2 and Assassin's Creed III get bashed while generic military first person shooters get praised by the same people, this game isn't perfect but it's one of the best games to release this gen imo, great story, great graphics and gameplay, absolutely no bugs/glitches, just perfect. Expand
  25. Nov 22, 2012
    Simply Outstanding, a great game for the patient gamer... if you like COD id steer clear of this one. Great graphics and an excellent story. I love the experimentation and freedom this game gives you. Simply a great game and well worth the money. BUY IT
  26. Nov 24, 2012
    I have long been a huge fan of the Hitman games ever since I played Hitman 2 on the XBOX, so you could imagine my disbelief at having to wait for another hitman title so long after the last instalment, Blood Money (which was released back in mid-2006). I also had initial fears that the promised updates and nuances to the gameplay of Absolution would dilute the core gameplay - so I'm moreI have long been a huge fan of the Hitman games ever since I played Hitman 2 on the XBOX, so you could imagine my disbelief at having to wait for another hitman title so long after the last instalment, Blood Money (which was released back in mid-2006). I also had initial fears that the promised updates and nuances to the gameplay of Absolution would dilute the core gameplay - so I'm more than happy to report that Absolution not only is a superb game, its a cracking return to form for Agent 47!! Graphics and sound are beautifully handled (even if the cut-scenes can be a mite grainy), the plot is given huge emotional gravitas (the weight of which is carried by some well-known voice actors, all of whom do a sterling job), and the gameplay is the solid Hitman gameplay, laced with unusual moments that are handled smoothly, and rather than introduce anything new to the gameplay that hasn't been seen before, they are well-thought-out flashes of realistic brilliance, that only serve to up the tension and make you feel that your actions do matter. Absolution is a slight change to the formula, but its a welcome one, and even if you're not a fan of the Hitman games, I do urge you to try this title out at least. The equivalent of a gripping pageturner. Expand
  27. Nov 25, 2012
    Absolutely superb. No I'm not someone who has been sat around waiting for the next hitman game, no I'm not prone to giving out TENS , check my reviews. However H:A is, in what it tries to do, flawless. It is simultaneously beautiful, engaging, enthralling, immersive, disturbing, funny, cheeky and bloody. It thrives on allowing the player freedom and creativity. In this world of ultra-hypeAbsolutely superb. No I'm not someone who has been sat around waiting for the next hitman game, no I'm not prone to giving out TENS , check my reviews. However H:A is, in what it tries to do, flawless. It is simultaneously beautiful, engaging, enthralling, immersive, disturbing, funny, cheeky and bloody. It thrives on allowing the player freedom and creativity. In this world of ultra-hype and ultra-letdown ( hello cod, ac, etc) this is a refreshing and welcome reminder of what a great game can be. This may slip under the paid-for reviews but don't let it slip under yours- patience or carnage- you decide. I'm serious this might be £35 you actually don't regret. Expand
  28. Nov 26, 2012
    Hitman: Absolution is a stealthy cold hard killing action game, filling the boots of agent 47 once again, with a great story. The graphics are good, and stealth is well executed also, with some interesting gameplay mechanics. What really impressive here, is the oustanding varieth of options given for dymanic kills, and extra challenges to bring you back after. It was well worth the wait,Hitman: Absolution is a stealthy cold hard killing action game, filling the boots of agent 47 once again, with a great story. The graphics are good, and stealth is well executed also, with some interesting gameplay mechanics. What really impressive here, is the oustanding varieth of options given for dymanic kills, and extra challenges to bring you back after. It was well worth the wait, and look forward to seeing what path hitman takes next. Like many games, their are some little bugs, im sure will get fixed, but they did not spoil, or impact the game. Expand
  29. Nov 25, 2012
    Fantastic game that allows to finish/kill your target in many different ways, in this sense it is similar to deus ex human revolution. It has a very cool point systems that awards for completing a task a certain way and there many awesome challenges you can complete during your missions. This game is not linear because it allows you to be creative with your kills. The trolls that left badFantastic game that allows to finish/kill your target in many different ways, in this sense it is similar to deus ex human revolution. It has a very cool point systems that awards for completing a task a certain way and there many awesome challenges you can complete during your missions. This game is not linear because it allows you to be creative with your kills. The trolls that left bad reviews are the ones that have not played the game Expand
  30. Nov 26, 2012
    Truly feast to eyes and treat to mind, totally mesmerizing and breathtaking experience, there are only few games which stays in you mind for months and this is one among them, hatts off to its creator...it was indeed pleasure, playing such a marvelous GAME....it has got a "WOW" effect....
  31. Nov 21, 2012

1. Jan 24, 2013
    Hitman: Absolution proves to be another notable entry in the series. It may house a ho-hum plot, and you'll hate just about every character you come across, but the open nature of the approach is good enough that you'll overlook those blemishes.
  2. Dec 16, 2012
    When playing to its strengths, Hitman: Absolution is a genuinely great game. Overall, though, it feels slightly disappointing, simply because it doesn't spend enough time playing to those strengths.
  3. Dec 6, 2012
    It's easy to recommend Hitman Absolution, a game that provides chills and emotion although lacks the charisma and polish that you expect from this kind of production.