7.9

1. Apr 17, 2013
    This game is straight up fan service, boasting an impressive roster of popular as well as lesser known characters from the DC Universe. The good? If you're looking for a fighting game with a comic book bent this year, look no further this is your game. The bad? Well, there are quite a few. The fighting system is fun and accessible, but doesn't feel very deep and I think that in aboutThis game is straight up fan service, boasting an impressive roster of popular as well as lesser known characters from the DC Universe. The good? If you're looking for a fighting game with a comic book bent this year, look no further this is your game. The bad? Well, there are quite a few. The fighting system is fun and accessible, but doesn't feel very deep and I think that in about a week the interest in this title will wane. Second, my biggest gripe about this game is the explanation it gives for how Superman and Batman are able to fight each other fairly. It's absolutely ridiculous. And it's not like this is the first time NetherRealm's had to address it they did an awesome job explaining it away in MK vs DCU by saying that "magic" had levelled the playing field a plot device that had been used before in the comics many times as well. The explanation this time around in Injustice is absurd and doesn't do anything to explain how a guard's bullets can't hurt the joker while Harlequin's, for example, can. If they had used the "magic" explanation this time around, no one would have batted and eye and we could have all gone on our merry way to playing the game and not caring. It's messy and weird. The cinematics in the Story Mode, as well, are also poor both technically and in terms of story telling. They're just hard to watch and it's jarring to see the transition from lower res, lower framerate cinematics to the crisp presentation of the in-game graphics. Almost all of the characters in the game are represented well except for, surprisingly, Superman himself who just kind of looks weird. These are some gaffes that are detracting from the title's quality and definitely a step down from NetherRealm's superb 2011 Mortal Kombat a game that seems to be running on all pistons in practically every department. There's definitely some fun to be had here, but not 60 dollars worth of fun. If you're hell bent on picking up a fighting game this season and don't already have them, check out Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition and 2011's Mortal Kombat. And if you already have them, consider picking up their DLC. If you have THOSE, then wait until the summer time to pick up Injustice, but try to find out if anyone is still playing by then it before you do. Expand
  2. Apr 19, 2013
    I think this videogame defines the term "snack videogame".Or in another words not the main meal.At first glance who wouldn't give a chance to play with their favorite childhood DC characters like Superman ,Batman,Green Latern,The Joker and so on.But the price is sometimes to high to bear with:Could Night Wing beat up Superman????Or futhermore Doomsday?????[for the ones who're not familiarI think this videogame defines the term "snack videogame".Or in another words not the main meal.At first glance who wouldn't give a chance to play with their favorite childhood DC characters like Superman ,Batman,Green Latern,The Joker and so on.But the price is sometimes to high to bear with:Could Night Wing beat up Superman????Or futhermore Doomsday?????[for the ones who're not familiar with DC universe, Doomsday killed Superman] now replace Nightwing with Aquaman,WTF????
    If this situation wasn't obnoxious enough,I can't say how much I hate the Minerva suit,like the people so much hated the one from the movie that was never released.Gameplay is exactly like Mortal Kombat and somethimes feels like deja vu ,you know because doesn't have fatalities,that in any case would be more absurd to imagine,more than is nowadays,fortunately enough they removed Mortal Kombat characters that made things very absurd before.The stages are cool but I can't say the same about the graphics.
    Those who already played,Batman Arkham Asylum and Arkahm City know what I mean.
    But oh well those two were a pair of aces meanwhile this game could be as near as a single seven.The history is just very cliche but what you can expect from a snack videogame?
    And finally I can say that Fighting games don't have a high replay value but this injustice is even less, which is the exact term for a "snack videogame",and like the snacks between meals, just leave you waiting for the real thing,that could be the most anticipated games of the year or in a distant future: Mortal Kombat 2 maybe?Or a new Batman Rocksteady videogame?Or street fighter vs Capcom?Well only get it if you have the money to spare,rent it first and if you doubt just wait for a real meal.
  3. Apr 25, 2013
    This game gets way too much praise. WAY too much. The characters are unbalanced so what's the point of the multiple cast? Why play my favourite hero if he's nowhere near as good as Deadshot or Sinestro? And the game insists on not letting the player (who payed $60) play the game. Why would Ed Boon agree to this? When losing a match you have to sit and watch the game (AI or not) taunt youThis game gets way too much praise. WAY too much. The characters are unbalanced so what's the point of the multiple cast? Why play my favourite hero if he's nowhere near as good as Deadshot or Sinestro? And the game insists on not letting the player (who payed $60) play the game. Why would Ed Boon agree to this? When losing a match you have to sit and watch the game (AI or not) taunt you for a good 3 to 5 minutes before you're allowed to do anything. This applies to Grundy's grapples that never seem to end as well. And why are Grundy and Doomsday allowed moments where attacks don't interrupt their movement or actions? I understand that's their character and they're the Strength types but that takes the point out of gadget and speed characters like Flash or Nightwing whose design is focused on such strategy? This is horrible horrible game design and it seems intentional. This is a simple problem to fix, many fighters have done so way before all this next-gen nonsense so why are some characters simply better than others? Bias or lack of testing? Either way is unacceptable to be placed on the market. Expand
  4. Apr 26, 2013
    My collector's statue had a bad imperfection, and im convinced my game is broken as alot of the the combos wont work even tho im doing them and have played fighters before. My friends havent had issues so it may be just my copy. All ik is its made it really hard to get thru the story mode. Poor experience with it which im sad, but i will admit the graphics look great.
  5. May 4, 2013
    Injustice is a very cool game. It's not the best in the genre, nor the most original, but it delivers it. I must say I was expecting more, though. I mean, the cast of characters is great and it does have a surprisingly interesting (although a bit crazy) story and a lot of fun to be had either solo or with friend(s). The gameplay is pretty basic, somewhat similar to Mortal Kombat (butInjustice is a very cool game. It's not the best in the genre, nor the most original, but it delivers it. I must say I was expecting more, though. I mean, the cast of characters is great and it does have a surprisingly interesting (although a bit crazy) story and a lot of fun to be had either solo or with friend(s). The gameplay is pretty basic, somewhat similar to Mortal Kombat (but simpler), the graphics are ok and I do love the soundtrack and effects. It misses something, though. I just don't know what it is. Being a DC heroes/villains brawler it could be... I don't know, more epic. After a while you just realize it's just another fighting game. But a good one, very good one, nevertheless. Expand
  6. Apr 21, 2013
    This is the DC version of Marvel Vs Capcom, which is ironically what I traded in for this game. If you're into fighter games, like me, and you like a challenge, you will be disappointed. If you're younger, or just looking for casual fun, you'll probably find it here. MK fans will be disappointed by the clumsy controls, and simplicity of the moves, which reminds you, you are much olderThis is the DC version of Marvel Vs Capcom, which is ironically what I traded in for this game. If you're into fighter games, like me, and you like a challenge, you will be disappointed. If you're younger, or just looking for casual fun, you'll probably find it here. MK fans will be disappointed by the clumsy controls, and simplicity of the moves, which reminds you, you are much older than their target audience, and will make you feel ancient. Beating your opponent is the least climactic event you could imagine, probably because they were worried about creating arguments between the younger audience, which is inevitable with fighters so not a terrible idea; but it's pretty lame to see your opponent slump over like he did one too many, rather than being unconscious after a hard earned win. Although the wins don't seem too hard earned to begin with since the game breaks down into a button mash fest, when you can dodge enough projectiles to reach your opponent that is. The character animations are true to their roots, but look ridiculous. For example Superman floats around everywhere like a Casper the Ghost comic, and Batman walks around with one fist held back like he's in a perpetual state of 'why I outta'. It's not a terrible game, the interactive levels are cool, and I would like to see them in the next MK. The story is surprisingly enjoyable, even if the graphics are surprisingly subpar. Not helping the simplicity and clumsiness of the controls they replaced the block button, without the option of changing it, to just holding back, which in my opinion is the biggest flaw in the game. Watching your opponent swinging wildly at you as you hold down and back, and hope it registers as a block when you're hit, is a real regression as far as fighters go. It's like the they took the game seriously, but just didn't have their heart in it. It's a game I would enjoy playing with my younger cousins, and it's always fun to be Batman, but I would be surprised to see anyone playing it in a month. If you like MvC you might really enjoy it, if you like MK you might really not. Expand
  7. Apr 24, 2013
    Injustice is an amazing game, with pretty much all your favorite DC Comics heroes, but I am just going to focus on the things I dislike. And this review will be short and sweet.
    1. The iOS unlocks. WHAT IF WE DON'T HAVE AN iDevice? 2. The game does not automatically pause if your controller dies and you need to charge. 3. NO TAG TEAM MODE! And those are about all I can think of at this moment in time.
  8. Apr 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. GREAT story, EVEN better Fighter game!.

The fighting in this game is polished to no end I believe. The interaction with the environment is amazing, & the fighters themselfs fight like you think they should. Lex luthor is heavy, Slow attacks but powerful. While death stroke & wounder woman fight like butter.

The story was good, sub par for me though. I was on the edge of my seat at the start of this game, The super heros really went bad?! Nope, its a fricken Multi-verse... OVER DONE.
  9. Aug 28, 2013
    As a comic fan I liked the game. As a fighting game fan... i was only moderately impressed. I love the direction fighting games are going with the story mode that makes you play multiple characters. Injustice does some really amazing interactions with the environments that force you to stay on your toes. Unfortunately the combat itself is just so stiff. If you're of the mind that MKAs a comic fan I liked the game. As a fighting game fan... i was only moderately impressed. I love the direction fighting games are going with the story mode that makes you play multiple characters. Injustice does some really amazing interactions with the environments that force you to stay on your toes. Unfortunately the combat itself is just so stiff. If you're of the mind that MK is the best fighting game of all time... then you'll love Injustice. If you're a Street Fighter or Tekken fan... you may find it a little flat. Also... I'm not really a fan of how they throw the DLC in your face, when you start its like give us an extra $20 for skins and players. Expand
  10. Feb 22, 2014
    Decent fighting game. Story is pretty weak. I'm not a huge fan of this type of 1 vs. 1 fighting style like this. The story takes about 3-4 hours to beat. Graphics are okay nothing special. However, a lot of the moves and combos are pretty sic!
  11. May 18, 2015
    Hmm interesting game not bad but not fantastic my biggest problem is a lack of relative speed Persona 4 Arena and Guilty Gear Xrd both have blistering eye catching action to rake in the guys fast.
    My second problem is the same inappropriate Street Fighter style characters that repel gamers with a refined taste.
    My third problem is the fact that like all complex fighters its difficult to
    My third problem is the fact that like all complex fighters its difficult to learn and master due to a lot of inputs this would have been fine if it had the SPEED to make up for it.
    Smash Bros is funner to learn because even though not as fast as some fighters its easy to learn by contrast.
    Pros of this game
    You get to play as legendary super heros
    The heros move at an OK rate but have decently epic abilities
    The game has an Ok story its not too obnoxious and its not a mature game.
    Unfortunately because of the fierce competition no offense but I can't give this as high of a rating as some of the other fighting games I rate it about as good as Street Fighter you like that game you'll probably like this game

1. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Aug 25, 2013
    A promising story mode gets smothered under a heap of weighty confrontations mired with incredibly melodramatic dialogues. DC Comics has always had a thing for brooding heroes, but some light at the end of the tunnel would have been fun. [May 2013, p.70]
  2. May 31, 2013
    Being a NetherRealm Studios production, it has a tendency to flirt with the superfluous, but there’s tasty meat to be found in the core combat even if not all of its mechanics mesh perfectly together.
  3. Play UK
    May 27, 2013
    A wonderful treat for comic book fans and a pretty decent fighting game to boot. [Issue#231, p.70]