James Cameron's Avatar: The Game PlayStation 3

6.8

1. VixR
    Dec 14, 2009
    Seriously lame game. I just didn't enjoy it (very repetitive and boring). I also tried the PC demo beforehand..(I should have known that the full console version of the game would be just as stale). It's something that's guaranteed to never get a full play through from me because I just can't stomach something like this after some of the quality titles we've had Seriously lame game. I just didn't enjoy it (very repetitive and boring). I also tried the PC demo beforehand..(I should have known that the full console version of the game would be just as stale). It's something that's guaranteed to never get a full play through from me because I just can't stomach something like this after some of the quality titles we've had in the past (so it's just going to be another dust attracter). Expand
  2. James
    Dec 22, 2009
    I seriously can't believe the positive public reviews here, THE GAME IS S**T! Makes me think that the games developers have posted comments so they can make the game look better than it is. It's boring to play, the combat is repeditive and feels broken and the two races are exactly the same only with different skins. It's the worst game I've played this year, DO NOT BUY IT!
  3. Jan 30, 2017
    Não gostei...talvez seja por que criei muito expectativa para o jogo tendo o filme como referência...finalizei ele pelo simples fato de não gostar de parar no progresso do jogo...por esse motivo fui até o final...mas sem motivos para ficar satisfeito.

It does little to endorse Ubisoft's claim that it's been in development for years, as underneath the admittedly high-detail visuals it's a pretty rudimentary thing. It's a long way better than bilge like the Quantum of Solace, but it's certainly got no sense of a landmark pop-cultural moment, in the way we're repeatedly told the film will.
  2. While the presentation is great and the combat generally enjoyable, the missions leave a lot to be desired - and there's little of the sense of wonder that the movie promises. Had the two campaigns been packed with superbly entertaining moments, the missions been more diverse in their structure, and the "vehicles" been more fun to man, then yes, Avatar the Game might have reached the heights its source material looks set to achieve.
    Simply a rather dull experience, which could be the worst thing you could say for any piece of entertainment. From my time with it, James Cameron's Avatar: The Video Game only furthers the point, rather than dispels it, that the movie-to-video game genre is as treacherous as the planet of Pandora itself.