4.5

1. Nov 22, 2011
    WOW I never Imagined metacritic would remove reviews, TOO BAD,this game is still a ZERO!

Its obvious by the actions of Telltale games that they are desperate for this game to sell, what with destroying a jurassic park themed jeep and trying to stiff the guy that loaned it to them,telltale employees giving false 10's and then following it up by saying that they dont have a problem with that. Nevermind that the game is a linear QTE that pays lip service at best to the JP IP.
  2. Dec 11, 2011
    As this is supposed to be a "game" i shall review it as a game wich it is clearly not. If you buy this cause your a huge fan of "Jurassic Park" you might find some enjoyment when looking at it as a (mediocre made) interactive movie, if you buy this game cause your a gamer and you expect a game, then dont, you will be very dissapointed. Youll just have the feeling at looking at a very longAs this is supposed to be a "game" i shall review it as a game wich it is clearly not. If you buy this cause your a huge fan of "Jurassic Park" you might find some enjoyment when looking at it as a (mediocre made) interactive movie, if you buy this game cause your a gamer and you expect a game, then dont, you will be very dissapointed. Youll just have the feeling at looking at a very long cutscene with at the end no gameplay Expand
  3. Feb 2, 2012
    Be prepared to get disapointed if you buy this game. I really wanted it to be a good game as i love Jurassic Park so i got it and well it's ironic that it's called Jurassic Park : The Game. It is not a game, you point and click your way through easy puzles, and thats about it! This wouldn't be too bad if the story was good, but nope TellTale failed at this as well. And dont even get meBe prepared to get disapointed if you buy this game. I really wanted it to be a good game as i love Jurassic Park so i got it and well it's ironic that it's called Jurassic Park : The Game. It is not a game, you point and click your way through easy puzles, and thats about it! This wouldn't be too bad if the story was good, but nope TellTale failed at this as well. And dont even get me started about the framerate issues on the PS3, it makes the game unplayable. Trust me, no matter how much you love JP do not waste your money on this "game". Expand
  4. Nov 17, 2011
    Since Telltale took to Metacritic to inflate their own user score i thought i'd throw my opinion in too(the 10s here are from TT employees, they were called out on gaming forums for this). I got this terrible game for reupping my PS+ but if i had paid i'd probably be seeking a refund. The "gameplay" is a joke. Imagine if heavy rain ended the game after every mistake rather than change theSince Telltale took to Metacritic to inflate their own user score i thought i'd throw my opinion in too(the 10s here are from TT employees, they were called out on gaming forums for this). I got this terrible game for reupping my PS+ but if i had paid i'd probably be seeking a refund. The "gameplay" is a joke. Imagine if heavy rain ended the game after every mistake rather than change the story to fit what occurred. Now imagine if Heavy Rain gave you no control whatsoever, you simply did quick time events to progress everything, with basically no choices throughout the entire game. Now imagine if Heavy Rains framerate was so bad that you could easily miss a QTE happening (in fact i had an entire scene where no button prompts even showed up, i simply had to restart.)

I'm not just being rude, its really that bad. It makes a complete mockery of the book/film, the voice acting is horrid ( and seemed to have very little direction in the actors defense), the few throwbacks to JP humor are so poorly presented that you may think its some 4th wall breaking satire. Its not. Its a development house thats used the very last of its creative juices, and long ago at that.

The framerate isn't the only technical problem. The game hangs on the end of nearly every scene. I actually thought it had crashed a few times only for it to recover and chug along. I can't imagine it EVER reaches 30 fps. When restarting some checkpoints, a QTE will start and never show the button prompt, leaving you to guess while you burn through lives.

All in all this is an absolute embarrassment for TT, and they should be ashamed. This game would take another 6 months to polish, but the concept is so bad that it wouldn't have been worth it.
  5. Jan 14, 2012
    What a piece of junk! This is perhaps the biggest waste of money I've ever made on a video game. I was so upset I actually created an account on Metacritic just to lower the score of this awful experience. I only wish I could get a refund. I almost feel like calling my bank and telling them someone stole my credit card. What garbage.
  6. Nov 18, 2011
    I don't think the game was THAT bad but since several Telltale employees have made fake accounts to boost the score, I'm giving this a zero regardless. Seems only fair.
  7. yig
    Nov 19, 2011
    Screw Telltale. I love a lot of their stuff, but sending staff do inflate scores is disgusting. I have not played the game, nor will I ever pick it up because of this fiasco.
  8. Nov 18, 2011
    Wow was looking forward to this game, purely down to nostalgia. However this could be one of the worst games I have ever played.........Ever. Such a waste of money, and tbh, quite lacklustre, and dull. The puzzles are ok, but apart from this, time spent, is time wasted. Shame.
  9. Nov 17, 2011
    For a game developer that prides itself at story telling and being big Jurassic Park fans, Telltale fail badly at both. This game is a huge, huge let down. The game has practically nothing to do with the film other than finding the Barbasol can and discovering Dennis Nedrys corpse at the start of the game. The voice acting and dialogue in this game is atrocious and cheesy, the CharactersFor a game developer that prides itself at story telling and being big Jurassic Park fans, Telltale fail badly at both. This game is a huge, huge let down. The game has practically nothing to do with the film other than finding the Barbasol can and discovering Dennis Nedrys corpse at the start of the game. The voice acting and dialogue in this game is atrocious and cheesy, the Characters are either boring, annoying or just don't belong in a Jurassic park game. Telltale missed so many great opportunities to make this a great game for Jurassic park fans to revist and explore key areas of the film.... What about discovering Robert Muldoons SPAS-12 shotgun and his hat that he removed just before his famous last words? Or revisting the Tyrannosaur paddock and finding the trashed tour cars and Gennaro? Discovering what happend to Ray Arnold in the maintenance shed? or evan finding a frozen raptor that was trapped in the freezer in the Kitchen scene? The great locations of the film are hardly seen, insted we vist ridiculous areas such as a rollercoaster in one of the most pointless and dumbest scenes in the whole game. For a game that considers itself to be faithful to the original film, it is a massive failure. Expand
  10. Nov 19, 2011
    Crap, this is buggy and terrible and should never have been released. The biggest waste of money I have ever spent. Shame on the company and shame on this game for bothering to release this waste of a game!
  11. Nov 19, 2011
    Contendor for worst adventure game ever. Massive FAIL in the story department and honestly, what's up with the art direction in this game? I showed my wife this and her assessment was that the art folks were "Noobs trying to hard". Kind of like when someone learns how to use a word processor for the first time and use every font at their disposal. Don't buy this one. I understand whyContendor for worst adventure game ever. Massive FAIL in the story department and honestly, what's up with the art direction in this game? I showed my wife this and her assessment was that the art folks were "Noobs trying to hard". Kind of like when someone learns how to use a word processor for the first time and use every font at their disposal. Don't buy this one. I understand why THE EMPLOYEES ARE INFLATING THE SCORE. They are worried for their jobs (and they should be).

'Nuff said.

1. Jurassic Park: The Game is best described as a low-budget Heavy Rain knock-off filled to the brink with quick time events. But where the buttons you had to press in Heavy Rain made more or less sense, they are completely random in Jurassic Park: The Game. [February 2012, p.104]
  2. All told, Jurassic Park: The Game may be marketed to you as a new-age Dino Crisis and a wild ride, but in reality it plays more like John Hammond's dinosaur tour as it was originally intended. You're locked on a linear track and inelegantly chauffeured through dino dioramas that you'll have close to zero interaction with. The tour grinds to a halt for the occasional toilet break (read: light puzzle moments), but once that business is dispensed with, you're escorted back to your proverbial jeep on a scalextric track and the tour limps on. [January 2012, p.77]
  3. Jan 25, 2012