Killzone 3 PlayStation 3

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Feb 22, 2011
8.0

1. Apr 12, 2011
    KZ3 in my opinion is the best FPS ever. The online, the game play, graphics, sound, everything is great. The story mode is a little short but however is the best shooter!!!. This game will be epic I know. This game is something that u must have on your ps3.
  2. May 22, 2011
    Killzone 3 has, in my opinion, the best muti-player on ps3, much better than Black ops or Home front and better graphics as well. A totally different leveling up system which lets you add unique perks to the class of your choice and very well designed maps with a individual feel to them. If you enjoy online gaming and have a ps3 then this is a must have game...without doubt the most fun iKillzone 3 has, in my opinion, the best muti-player on ps3, much better than Black ops or Home front and better graphics as well. A totally different leveling up system which lets you add unique perks to the class of your choice and very well designed maps with a individual feel to them. If you enjoy online gaming and have a ps3 then this is a must have game...without doubt the most fun i have ever had online! Expand
  3. Jun 11, 2011
    forget all the reviews you have read about this game that gave it below a 9/10. forget all the biased nitpicking and downright prejudice that has been directed at this game. this game is an FPS that is surpassed by none.

Where do I even begin with this game. I will say, right off the bat, that there is not a single significant flaw in this game. I cannot, by any stretch of the imagination, find an issue within this game that is worth mention. this is a purely positive review, not because I have forgotten or neglected the issues, but because there really are none worth focusing on. I will just leave you with 10 things about this game that make it one of the most fantastic FPS games this gen and a game that is definitely worth your time.

1) the controls. At first I was skeptical about them changing the controls to a more COD like fluidity. I liked the weighty, realistic feel of KZ2. However, these controls do make the game alot more fast paced. Thankfully the realism isnt entirely lost. It has a perfect balance.

2) the visual and cinematic presentation of the campaign. Killzone 2's campaign was a masterpiece. it brought you to amazing locations, had great atmosphere, lots of action, lots of things going on around you, good pacing, lots of grit, weather effects, and a breathtakingly massive scale. KZ3 manages to improve upon it, making it the most visually impressive game so far this gen. it combines diverse locations, lavishing level design, massive scale, harsh environments, and everything that was amazing about the previous installment. With the 3d aspect added to the mix, this game blows everything out of the water. I guarantee that it will stun you.

3) The enemy AI. The helghast in this game are very tactical and presents a very authentic, challenging aspect to the game.

4) the campaign story. Forget all the negative nonsense you have heard about it. The story is well paced and has some memorable, well acted villains. Stahl, played by the legendary Malcolm McDowell, is probably the best new villain I have seen in a game the gen. Every second he is on screen is an immense pleasure. Rico and Sev, characters that many people seem to dislike, have really come into their own and they are really fleshed out in this game. they are pretty likable. The story isn't deeply moving by any means, but it is presented well, paced well, well acted, original, filled with numerous twists, filled with memorable scenes, and it is enjoyable to sit through. It works more as a political/war drama than a character study and it is effective in its job. 5) the "kill moves." The brutal melee attacks in this game not only add a very cool, visceral feel to the campaign; they also allow for some very satisfying kills in the online multiplayer. It is alot more fair, in my opinion, for melee attacks to kill in 1 hit, and I also think its fair that you can't just whip out your knife and make a kill-stab in a matter of a second (yes im referring to you, COD). You are able to kill in one hit, but you must remember that you leave yourself open. I think that this is how all melee should generally be handled in FPS games.

6) If you recall, the music in KZ2 was brilliant. once again, the score is superb. definitely one of the best this gen.

7) the destructible environments are even more detailed and dynamic than they were in the last entry.

8) the online multiplayer. it takes everything that people liked about KZ2's multiplayer and builds upon it. The "operations" missions are something that we havent seen before. there really isnt anything else like them. The leveling system has also been improved, the class system is more balanced, the level design is more intricate, and there are tons of other little improvements here and there.

9) the campaignâ
  4. Jun 25, 2011
    This is the beat game ever made. A Blu Ray rollercoaster of phenomenal graphics and feel of guns . unlike anything ever made. MUah .... this is the bar !
  5. Sep 30, 2011
    Killzone 3 is definitely one of the best fps games on the PS3. The graphics are excellent, the gameplay is awesome and the music is top notch. The single player cleverly loads segments during cutscenes for a seamless experience, and manages to mix things up a bit. There is traditional infantry combat, exoskeletons, jetpacks, space ships which range from frozen tundras to strange greenKillzone 3 is definitely one of the best fps games on the PS3. The graphics are excellent, the gameplay is awesome and the music is top notch. The single player cleverly loads segments during cutscenes for a seamless experience, and manages to mix things up a bit. There is traditional infantry combat, exoskeletons, jetpacks, space ships which range from frozen tundras to strange green forests. The sluggish controls of killzone 2 have been changed to be more responsive as well, and this works great.

The multiplayer is superb, with multiple game types. The jetpacks and exos are even usable on some maps! It's sure to have you playing for months.

Overally Killzone 3 is a great game which improves on its predecessor. Highly recommended.
  6. May 11, 2011
    Ignore YodaCracker's review, if you check his history he gives all PS3 games incredibly low ratings including giving Little Big Planet 2 a 0/10. He's a troll. Killzone 3 his honestly one of the best FPS games I've played in a while. The Move is incredible (once tweaked and after approx 1.5 hrs practice), I can't go back to DS3, analogs feel sluggish and very inaccurate now) - Move isIgnore YodaCracker's review, if you check his history he gives all PS3 games incredibly low ratings including giving Little Big Planet 2 a 0/10. He's a troll. Killzone 3 his honestly one of the best FPS games I've played in a while. The Move is incredible (once tweaked and after approx 1.5 hrs practice), I can't go back to DS3, analogs feel sluggish and very inaccurate now) - Move is revolutionary for console FPS games. The MP is amazing! I logged about 10hrs each into Reach and Black Ops MP since launch, about 20hrs in BFBC2 and have played over 7 hrs of K3s multiplayer already, the game is that good! It's probably my fav FPS MP this gen so far. I sincerely hope Sony implements Move into all future 1st/3rd party FPS games because I can't go back to standard controls. The SP is a lot more fun that I expected given what the review sites said, definitely a lot better than Black Ops or MW2s SP, but not quite as good as Reach. If you like FPS games this is among the best there is, I definitely recommend buying it. Expand
  7. Feb 22, 2011
    A game with a fun and adictive multiplayer, with literally no unbalanced weapon and awesome maps where teamplay is a big and decisive factor? One of the best singleplayer experiences which lasts from 7 to 8 hours in easy/normal mode 8 to 10 hours in hard mode? A revolutionary cover system, now upgraded with a sliding and climbing ability? Best graphics on console? Yes thats killzone 3, andA game with a fun and adictive multiplayer, with literally no unbalanced weapon and awesome maps where teamplay is a big and decisive factor? One of the best singleplayer experiences which lasts from 7 to 8 hours in easy/normal mode 8 to 10 hours in hard mode? A revolutionary cover system, now upgraded with a sliding and climbing ability? Best graphics on console? Yes thats killzone 3, and I dont think it deserves that 8.5 metascore. While other games like modern warfare 2 have a 9.5 with an unplayable multiplayer, average graphics and boring lineal singleplayer, killzone 3 in the other hand with one of the most funniest experiences ever just has an 8.5. PROS:: Everything. CONS. BEING EXTREMELY NITPICKY:: Storyline, facial expressions on secondary characters, we want more! Expand
  8. Feb 22, 2011
    Despite some of the recent reviews ive read, where the game gets basically called a cod ripoff with no originality, and a horrible storyline, I must say that I just cant agree with any of those reviews, I was about to leave gaming as a whole because i was just tired of playing the same games all the time. Killzone 2 brought me back to gaming all of a sudden, it was very original, with anDespite some of the recent reviews ive read, where the game gets basically called a cod ripoff with no originality, and a horrible storyline, I must say that I just cant agree with any of those reviews, I was about to leave gaming as a whole because i was just tired of playing the same games all the time. Killzone 2 brought me back to gaming all of a sudden, it was very original, with an awesome multiplayer and the best graphics ive ever seen (not technically, but still it has the best mapping and characters ive ever seen in a game). Then killzone 3 arrives and it gets insulted by some reviewers and fans. But what are the contents of this game? Basically, this game improves killzone 2 on everything, it has many more weapons, BIGGER weapons infact (miniguns, rocket launchers, tanks, laser guns, heavy machine guns, etc), better multiplayer,better storyline (although still preety poor), co-op gameplay, even better graphics and sound, preety much all of the things which ruined in some ways killzone 2, are fixed in killzone 3. The multiplayer on the other hand should have something fixed, and thats the amount of recoil in the weapons, it removed a lot from the recoil in killzone 2 which made the weapons back then feel extremely realistic and powerful. At the same time the multiplayer is much more addictive than before and has even better maps. My favourite fps of all times, 10/10 Expand
  9. Feb 24, 2011
    I love this game. Everything about it is intense. The graphics are great, the cutscenes are impressive, and I enjoy the gameplay. I've played it with the standard controls and with the sharpshooter. I've been finding myself enjoying it more with the sharpshooter than with the standard controller. Overall I recommend anybody to buy this game.
  10. Mar 2, 2011
    What a great FPS! I am having a hard time understanding some of the complaints about this game. Like any Oscar worthy movie, the story here is not for everybody. I don't think the narrative is bad or the acting for that matter. I really enjoy the story behind Killzone, but understand why some people don't. There are some holes and questions I have about it, but I had similar questionsWhat a great FPS! I am having a hard time understanding some of the complaints about this game. Like any Oscar worthy movie, the story here is not for everybody. I don't think the narrative is bad or the acting for that matter. I really enjoy the story behind Killzone, but understand why some people don't. There are some holes and questions I have about it, but I had similar questions after watching the movie Inception. The point is, I don't think the story is weak, I just don't believe, everyone will love it like me. As far as mechanics are concerned, I think they're great. The controls are tight, the weapons feel great, the level design is solid etc..... Some of the levels run a little linear, but so do most FPS's. It's just that other FPS's hide the linearity a little better. The multiplayer is right up there with COD and other competent shooters, even though it doesn't offer anything new or things you haven't seen before. There are some multiplayer modes that are a little different, but not enough to stand on their own. It's still competetive, addicting and fun. Graphically, the game is a beast. In a good way. From bullets whizzing through the air leaving trails, structures collapsing, explosions showering the air with smoke, dust and debris, heads occasionally exploding, filling the air with a red fog, this game looks amazing and eerily realistic. I found this almost a turn off. There we're moments when I said to mysef, "Holy **** this looks to real!". If put in a real life scenario, I think military vets might actually complain about the realism of the bloodletting. All and all, this is a great game, a great FPS and I personally believe it should be mentioned in the same breath as Halo. I actually like this game better for all the reasons I stated. Which is no knock on Halo. I love the that series too as well as CoD. I just think this game is a slight notch above the rest. It would be like arguing that Peyton Manning is better than Tom Brady. Take your pick. Expand
  11. Feb 23, 2011
    Another solid FPS to add to Sony's line up of exclusives. Killzone 3 visuals are really something to talk about. Every level in the single player campaign looks fantastic and very well detailed. All the sounds of guns and voice acting are very good. Story is good, but left me wanting more after I completed the campaign. It may have taken me about 6 or 7 hours to complete. I remember itAnother solid FPS to add to Sony's line up of exclusives. Killzone 3 visuals are really something to talk about. Every level in the single player campaign looks fantastic and very well detailed. All the sounds of guns and voice acting are very good. Story is good, but left me wanting more after I completed the campaign. It may have taken me about 6 or 7 hours to complete. I remember it taking longer to complete KZ2. Controls are good and there is still the option to change them to the Call of Duty controls so that is good. Multiplayer is fun, however it would have better for more game types as what is available gets a little boring. Make no mistake though killzone 3 is the best FPS, so far this year. Expand
  12. Feb 24, 2011
    Great game, a must-have for all PS3 owners. Graphics are A+ as always, and multiplayer is active.

If you have already played Killzone 2, it's very very similar. Though some will argue with me, I am just a casual Killzone player, it's basically an upgrade as far as multiplayer goes. I purchased this on release, and so far there are a few loading issues and bugs, but I'm sure in a week or two they will be sorted out. Other than that, every thing is great.
  13. Feb 23, 2011
    AMAZING! simply a must buy for ps3 owners. It has tweaked killzone 2 in every way from the controls to the weapons. Tweaking killzone 2 is all this game needed and the multiplayer is so addictive and satisfying that you won't put your controller down. The reasons why you should but this game is because of: graphics, great multiplayer maps, awesome weapons, awesome multiplayer classes andAMAZING! simply a must buy for ps3 owners. It has tweaked killzone 2 in every way from the controls to the weapons. Tweaking killzone 2 is all this game needed and the multiplayer is so addictive and satisfying that you won't put your controller down. The reasons why you should but this game is because of: graphics, great multiplayer maps, awesome weapons, awesome multiplayer classes and controls that have a nice balance of killzone 2 and battlefield bad company 2. 10/10. Expand
  14. Feb 23, 2011
    Very impressive graphically,though not as good as Gears or God of War.Excellent audio.Expect 5min action,fade to black,cutscene,the entire way.Weapons,as usual in the series,are excellent.
    All in all,a well made FPS with intense action,good visuals,forgettable story and characters
    .Is it worth a purchase?Yes,KZ3 fits right in with the release window where nothing else substantial is available for a couple weeks.So get it and trade it after a week or so.
  15. Feb 23, 2011
    This game is simply amazing. The single player campaign is not bad as others will tell you. If you played any FPS within the last decade, you are use to not having a detailed story like an RPG. The Move controller with this game fits extremely well. It's an awesome experience and isn't gimmicky. The graphics wasn't what I liked the most, the game-play is strong. I didn't wanted to give itThis game is simply amazing. The single player campaign is not bad as others will tell you. If you played any FPS within the last decade, you are use to not having a detailed story like an RPG. The Move controller with this game fits extremely well. It's an awesome experience and isn't gimmicky. The graphics wasn't what I liked the most, the game-play is strong. I didn't wanted to give it a 10 because people won't take this review seriously. I'm a HUGE Halo fan, but this is just way more fun to play. I wish this game had an XBOX port so I can play with more of my friends. Yes, it's that good. Expand
  16. Feb 23, 2011
    If you dont like this game you are probably just a mindless fanboy, its got everything you want from an fps and more: vehicle battles (singleplayer and multiplayer), awesome sniping, cover system, sliding, big/medium/small weapons, awesome storyline and the greatest antagonists ever, Mcdowell you rule!
    Btw In this metacritic site PS3FanFan is an xbox fanboy and TLS21 is stupid enough to not play the game and still review it :P
  17. Feb 28, 2011
    Disclaimer: I have only played a few levels of the Single Player. But I've spent about 14+ hours on multi-player so far and it is fantastic. I didn't really like the heavy controls in Killzone 2 and they fixed that in KZ3! Graphics = awesome! Sound = awesome! As for a multiplayer FPS this one is great!!! I heard the campaign itself isn't that entertaining but I really don't care. IDisclaimer: I have only played a few levels of the Single Player. But I've spent about 14+ hours on multi-player so far and it is fantastic. I didn't really like the heavy controls in Killzone 2 and they fixed that in KZ3! Graphics = awesome! Sound = awesome! As for a multiplayer FPS this one is great!!! I heard the campaign itself isn't that entertaining but I really don't care. I would have bought the game just for the online portion. Expand
  18. Feb 22, 2011
    Killzone 3
    graphics-10 (10 says it all)
    story-7 (6 if you don't have a splitcreen buddy) gameplay-10 (runs smoothly and the guns are varied this time) sound - 10 (what more do you want?) replay/enjoyment- 10 (atleast rent the game before you dis it, if you don't like it okay, but first try it) Overall: 10 The fun I had playing this with my brother, graphics, gameplay, all out weigh
    Killzone 3
    graphics-10 (10 says it all)
    story-7 (6 if you don't have a splitcreen buddy)
    gameplay-10 (runs smoothly and the guns are varied this time)
    sound - 10 (what more do you want?)

Overall: 10 The fun I had playing this with my brother, graphics, gameplay, all out weigh the meh campaign story.
  19. Feb 25, 2011
    This is the best FPS I've ever played, and I've played pretty much every FPS ever made. The graphics and animations are superb, the music is awesome and the sound effects make you feel like you really are there in the battlefield.
  20. Feb 26, 2011
    After picking up Killzone 3 I felt compelled to write my first review on this site. I am an avid FPS fan and to be honest I picked this game up just for a bit of fun to pass the time. I played Killzone 2 and thought it was a decent game but nothing particularly exciting and I honestly expected more of the same from this game, but I was pleasantly surprised. I'll split this review intoAfter picking up Killzone 3 I felt compelled to write my first review on this site. I am an avid FPS fan and to be honest I picked this game up just for a bit of fun to pass the time. I played Killzone 2 and thought it was a decent game but nothing particularly exciting and I honestly expected more of the same from this game, but I was pleasantly surprised. I'll split this review into single and multiplayer, but before that I want to discuss the controls. Any good FPS fan wants to know how a game controls as it can make or break an FPS, well I'm happy to say the control are great. It's very smooth and the sensitivity controls allow you to find a nice setting you will be comfortable with. I play COD:MW2 with sensitivity 10 and whilst the controls aren't quite as smooth as MW2, they are still easy to use and a VAST improment over KZ2 in my opinion, in which I found aiming to be sluggish and 'weighted'. Single Player

Now, story in this game isn't its strong point, however, I never expect storys in FPS games to be good. It's full of cheesy dialogue and a predictable story line, however, I still enjoyed the ride. The graphics are second to none and the sound is probably the best I've heard, you can hear every bullet as they whiz past your head and the explosions and background noise is brilliant. The game is surprisingly varied for this type of game, you never get chance to get bored before the game changes the pace up. Between normally duck and cover gameplay, the vehicular getaways, stealthy action all keep you entertained as you make your way through the game. As a side note, I am not a sci-fi fan and am not a fan of 'mech' style vehicles, however, the ones in this game not feel awkward, they are fluid moving (they even run) so even not being a fan of this type of play normally, I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. It's not a very long game, but it's pretty standard size for shooters nowadays.

Multiplayer

If you are new to the Killzone series, I highly suggest going into Bot mode whilst you learn the way the classes work, I didn't really play KZ2 online cause I wasn't a fan of the controls, so I was new to it and was a bit overwhelmed at first. There are 3 types of matchs, your basic team deathmatch, warzone which constantly changes the objective of the game every 5 minutes, and a classic battlefield type match. All play as you would expect, apart from Warzone, which played alot better than I anticipated. At the start of each game you pick a class, each starts with very little, but as you play and level up, you unlock new guns, perks, etc. Each class plays quite differently, but all have their advantages without any feeling overpowered. For example, a medic can have a medi-droid with him that can help shoot at enemies and revive you when you die (only once per life and only if not fatally wounded) and Marksman can turn invisable for short periods of time. It's all well balanced and nothing feels cheap. There isn't a massive selection of maps, but what is there, is solid, they are well thought out and a joy to play in. Guns feel deadly when used correctly, SMG's and Shotguns are powerful up close but at range leave alot to be desired, Assault Rifles are a nice mid range weapon and Sniper rules the roost at range. Killstreaks give you extra XP but no air support, radar, etc, which really doesn't stop you having alot of fun. I haven't had any problems with lag, bugs, crashes, etc, so nothing to complain about there.

To sum up, I love this game, I honestly didn't except it to be this good, but I'm actually stopping playing MW2 and Black Ops to enjoy this gem online. I really hope this game gets the attention it should, because it seriously deserves it.
  21. Feb 26, 2011
    Great title and a even better exclusive. Lots of modes, realistic shooting, awesome graphics, the story it's nothing to brag about but it's still better than CoD: Black Ops, it has 3D and move, jetpacks and mechs in multyplayer. it's just the best shooter you can and should be playing right now .thank you guerrilla. keep up the good work!
  22. Feb 22, 2011
    The first thing I would like to say is that its single player is boring. So if you thought that Killzone 2s' story was boring, you will most likely fins Killzone 3s' story boring. I was really disappointed with the games single player, after reading all of those interviews with Guerrilla games online, i thought that the single player would be a lot better but it wasn't. Although theThe first thing I would like to say is that its single player is boring. So if you thought that Killzone 2s' story was boring, you will most likely fins Killzone 3s' story boring. I was really disappointed with the games single player, after reading all of those interviews with Guerrilla games online, i thought that the single player would be a lot better but it wasn't. Although the graphics are great and the voice acting is decent, the single player was just mediocre. I seriously do not understand how professional reviewers can say that the single player was great. Well anyways there is also the multiplayer. The multiplayer is very good, it's not the best but it has kept me entertained for a couple of days now(I got my copy early). The only thing that is missing from the multiplayer is more game modes, but hopefully they will add more with future updates. Also, this game is a lot smoother than killzone 2, I actually like it a lot better, aiming is not as frustrating as it was in killzone 2. The controls give the the feeling of a faster paced game. Well anyways I would give the single player a 5/10, and the multiplayer a 9/10 which averages out at a 7/10. If you are not a fan of FPS I would recommend that you rent it just to see what the PS3 is capable of doing, and if you are a fan of FPS(like myself) I would tell you to buy it for the multiplayer. Expand
  23. Feb 22, 2011
    Killzone 3 has had a lot of Hype built up around it. It is the successor to Killzone 2, which was a phenominal First Person Shooter with amazing graphics and spot on reality physics and gameplay. I am pleased to say that Killzone 3 is a fantastic successor to Killzone 2 and it is an excellent PS3 exclusive and a must own for shooter fans. Killzone 3 is a great way for sony to start theKillzone 3 has had a lot of Hype built up around it. It is the successor to Killzone 2, which was a phenominal First Person Shooter with amazing graphics and spot on reality physics and gameplay. I am pleased to say that Killzone 3 is a fantastic successor to Killzone 2 and it is an excellent PS3 exclusive and a must own for shooter fans. Killzone 3 is a great way for sony to start the year (along with LBP2). GRAPHICS- As mentioned earlier, graphics are absolutely gorgeous. The set pieces will make your mouth drop and so will the effects and animations. This game has no technical issues except for the fact that it fades to black too much between scenes. Otherwise, this game has some of the best graphics around. And they've even added 3D to the mix. Hell yeah! STORY- The story is weak in this game and that is the problem with it. This game's story is basically about Sev and his squad stuck on a hostile enemy planet but this is never protrayed well and that is what keeps the game from getting a higher score.Also, the story never really goes anywhere. It is more like a reason to play the levels. SOUND- The sound is phenominal. The game is a deafening experience with explosions and the voice acting and soundtrack are superb. GAMEPLAY- The gameplay is similar to Killzone 2, but everything has been tweaked up and there are cool new gameplay mechanics that make the game immensly fun to play. MULTIPLAYER- In one word- AWESOME. The multiplayer is some of the most fun multiplayer I have seen and it has a fantastic level up system that makes you want to play more and more. So in a nutshell, Killzone 3 is a great game but it has a weak story that never progresses much.
    Also, if you wish to see my other review, see my review for Uncharted 2.
  24. Mar 3, 2011
    Wow this is what I'm talking about,Killzone3 is by far one of those Must have games if your a PS3 owner.Great story Very good Multi-player and By far the best Graphics I've seen so Far in a fps Game to date..
  25. Feb 24, 2011
    This game has sluggish controls and almost fights against your commands. None of the maps stand out and they all are just wreckage and rumble maps. The maps range from being barely average to just lame. Many of the game classes have abilities that make the game chaotic, example being cloaked until you hit something or making your self look like a friendly player to your enemy. In the endThis game has sluggish controls and almost fights against your commands. None of the maps stand out and they all are just wreckage and rumble maps. The maps range from being barely average to just lame. Many of the game classes have abilities that make the game chaotic, example being cloaked until you hit something or making your self look like a friendly player to your enemy. In the end most team mates just unload on you to be safe which of course causes more chaos.Grenades have there own path and don't go where your cross hairs are pointed. You can't even customize your controls you only get two options to choose from. The game only has split screen co-op, so NO ONLINE co-op. Welcome to the late 90's. If you can get around all of this the games ok. Rent it, you might just save yourself $53. Expand
  26. Feb 24, 2011
    i didnt want to write a review for kz3 because i feel biased towards it. it is my favorite franchise of all time. this game is innovative. every one wants to compare it to bfbc2 and cod and other shooters. but this series started in 2004. it created weigted controls. this game was made to take people who werent good at shooters and still make them apart of a team, and they can stilli didnt want to write a review for kz3 because i feel biased towards it. it is my favorite franchise of all time. this game is innovative. every one wants to compare it to bfbc2 and cod and other shooters. but this series started in 2004. it created weigted controls. this game was made to take people who werent good at shooters and still make them apart of a team, and they can still contribute, unlike cod where its survival of the glitchiest. not gettin many kills? be a medic and keep the killing machines on your team alive! cant find pesky snipers? be the tactician and show all your team mates where they are. there is a counter for everything and a place for everyone. people are forgetting games were made to be fun and enjoyable, and this is a game made for the fans, it has a great story line (the whole story is on youtube) the gameplay is innovative, move works awesome on this. the gametypes are a blast, and warzone is still the best gametype around. if your not sure about it rent it, and if your having a tough time remember its different but thats why you play killzone, for something new, something good. and dedicated servers means no annoying host migration! Play it enjoy it love it because it really is an amazing game Expand
  27. Feb 25, 2011
    Great game, while campaign could have been done better, the Multiplayer is Incredible and the graphics are stunning, a must buy for FPS lovers! also a good way to get into the FPS genre.
  28. Mar 1, 2011
    Sweet game, these other reviewers who give it negative scores, probably suck at the game. I am not saying I'm good at the game. The multi player is very tough and competitive. The campaign is pretty fun to. Kinda linear but still a good time.
  29. Feb 24, 2011
    This game is amazing from the begining to the end of the single player campain.The pacing and varaity has improved substantially from killzone2 wich was a one trick pony.The ghraphics are unparralled in a consol fps from the textures to the visaul affects you will be amazed also no loading helps the game progress from one amazing scene to the next.Gameplay has also had a touchup notThis game is amazing from the begining to the end of the single player campain.The pacing and varaity has improved substantially from killzone2 wich was a one trick pony.The ghraphics are unparralled in a consol fps from the textures to the visaul affects you will be amazed also no loading helps the game progress from one amazing scene to the next.Gameplay has also had a touchup not changing the feel of killzone but adding and improving on it.I have a move controller and nav and this is where I personaly think this has changed the way we will be playing fps on the ps3 it takes some time but once you get it you wont want to play another fps without move support.In conclussion killzone3 has smashed my expectations in every regard well done guirrella games. Expand
  30. Feb 26, 2011
    KZ3 and CoD4, are best FPS games for current-gens. Different shooters, but both are pefect. Killzone have amazing single and multiplayer. This game makes PS3 best console for online shooters. 10/10
  31. Feb 28, 2011
    Online multiplayer is great. You feel like you are really in the middle of a war.... One of the best shooters i have ever played. Graphics are fantastic! They are really pushing boundaries there. Guerrilla has done it again!
  32. Lrg
    Mar 10, 2011
    Boy was i disappointed with this game, in terms of how amazed I was with Killzone 2 which is probably my favorite first person shooter to date. The campaign was ok, sure guerilla tried to make it more story/character focused but doing this on the 3RD game is unnecessary because we don't really know or care about these characters. Sev was ok, Rico is a babbling idiot, Narville was theBoy was i disappointed with this game, in terms of how amazed I was with Killzone 2 which is probably my favorite first person shooter to date. The campaign was ok, sure guerilla tried to make it more story/character focused but doing this on the 3RD game is unnecessary because we don't really know or care about these characters. Sev was ok, Rico is a babbling idiot, Narville was the biggest dumbass I've seen in a game for a while, and who gives a **** about Jammer, and the villains were awful. While the gameplay and action was intense it was always cut to very unnecessary cutscenes that slowed it down a lot. The story was ok, just the way it was panned out was terrible. There were also some major hiccups as well, during the rescue of narville rico and sev kept changing gear, they put you into some vehicle with almost no warning or indication of how it happened, even though they seemed so focus on showing you everything. In the end narville just seemed to disappear, did he stay on the space elevator? The weapons were great but i really bugged me that there were so many crates unlike killzone 2 where it forced you to explore the other weapons BESIDES the m82 assault rifle. Now getting on to multiplayer, they should have just called this CODZone 3. Sorry but they definitely wanted to appeal to more twitchy trigger finger ADHD kids in this. The class changes were really cool but some abilities are way overpowered, Tactician with radar AND marking on where the enemy is. Infiltrator as well, I went 25-0 just running around like a mad man using a silenced weapon and getting brutal melee kills. Why they took out the server list is beyond me, being able to create custom games was one of the best features of killzone 2, and I know I keep refering to the prequel but it had such a strong following I would think GG would try to appeal to its die hard fans more. Still waiting on patch 1.04, which is suppose to improve on its horrible match making and latency issues and fix some other things as well, so we'll see how that goes. I give this game an 8 though, even though I seem to do a lot of badgering. If you never played Killzone 2 you might really enjoy this a lot, but coming from a Killzone 2 standpoint this was a step down for GG. A good game, just not as great as its predecessor. PROS: Amazing Graphics (no console FPS to compare to) and sound/music, good variety of mission types, weapons were improved on and a couple of the HEAVY weapons were a blast to use, brutal melee was satisfying each time I used it, GG has always made stellar multiplayer maps and this is no exception. CONS: God awful story-telling, villains were laughable, cutscenes were inconsistent and placed at bad times slowing down the action, a lot of the levels were more confined and narrow not giving you tactical ways to approach things, GG is known for their brutal AI especially on Elite difficulty (I still can't beat the last level on Killzone 2 to this day) but this was an absolute joke and I breezed through it on Elite, the ending was abrupt and underwhelming leaving not impact on you, unlike Killzone 2 where it made you wondering what will happen next, Multiplayer balancing is much needed; matchmaking, class balancing, and latency. Still though, 8/10 is a good score just not what I was expecting. Rent it if you are going for the single player, I would say to buy it if you like FPS multiplayer even though this doesnt stand out to the others. Expand
  33. Jun 3, 2011
    This is my favorite PS3 game of all time. I enjoyed the campaign, but the multiplayer was where it was at for me. It has 8 balanced maps, the dlc maps are also great. THe modes Warzone, Guerilla Warfare, and Operations are all fun to play and original. If you're looking for a game with a amazing story, this game isn't for you. If you're looking for a fun campaign and a fantasticThis is my favorite PS3 game of all time. I enjoyed the campaign, but the multiplayer was where it was at for me. It has 8 balanced maps, the dlc maps are also great. THe modes Warzone, Guerilla Warfare, and Operations are all fun to play and original. If you're looking for a game with a amazing story, this game isn't for you. If you're looking for a fun campaign and a fantastic multiplayer experience then this is a game for you. Expand
  34. Mar 6, 2011
    Killzone is back yet again! I have to say this is one of the greatest games I've ever played, visually... The graphics and textures are amazing and make me proud to own a playstation 3, it's just one of the great exclusive titles coming this year. The Good
    The single player is simply epic, strong story line and good action packed.. It is definitely up there with the greats like Cod4, Battlefield 2 in terms of the story

The Bad
    The controls I have to say, although they've been tweaked and made more fluid, the game's "heaviness" is still too present, I understand the devs didn't want want it as faced paced as say - Call of duty but still the lackluster controls definitely cause more problems than good.

The Mulitplayer isn't great, the maps on TDM especially are too small and it seems every level consists of narrow walkways.. There is no space to move around? Why is everything to bunched together?
    This is one of the few fps where shooting off the hip is more effective than ADS.. Some of the technical dynamics don't make sense to me.. The life system is absurd, it's not consistent, sometimes you can take so many shots to the body and sometimes you just drop dead after a few bullets.. The span system is also atrocious, the game puts the enemy to spawn right be beside you on TDM at the beginning..

It seems like everything Call of Duty Black Ops got wrong this game got right and everything BO got right this game got wrong.. the dynamics of kill zone are still lacking and it's taking away from the experience. overall, it's a pretty solid game, but I have to say, having beat the single player, the sucky multiplayer isn't enough for me to keep this around. I would be trading it in for Crysis 2..
  35. Mar 26, 2011
    Let's get one thing straight right away: KIllzone 3 is a fantastic shooter and anyone that says otherwise either has extremely odd taste or is just downright trolling. It is far from perfect, but its good certainly outweighs its bad. As always, I'll start with the graphics and sound. The graphics are simply the best there are on consoles. The new Crysis 2 does rival it in some areas,Let's get one thing straight right away: KIllzone 3 is a fantastic shooter and anyone that says otherwise either has extremely odd taste or is just downright trolling. It is far from perfect, but its good certainly outweighs its bad. As always, I'll start with the graphics and sound. The graphics are simply the best there are on consoles. The new Crysis 2 does rival it in some areas, but for the most part the lighting, particle effects, and level of detail here are far beyond anything offered in other games. The character models are particularly impressive, due in no small part to their huge size and subsequent level of minute detail. The sound is also tremendous - I found myself having to turn down my 5.1 headset to avoid blowing out my ear drums during the gunfights. The weapons are punishingly loud, explosions are earth shattering, and the ambient noise does a lot to really bring you into the fight. The soundtrack is also solid, though I have to say that I expected a little more after the utter emotional brilliance that is the main menu theme. The storyline is the same as nearly any other shooter in most regards, but it is strengthened by the fact that the backstory for the Killzone universe is second only to games like Bioshock and Mass Effect. Seriously, at some point go online and read the whole synopsis of events leading up to the games. You will be floored at how much thought went into the overarching narrative here. In fact, you may wind up liking the Helghast (potentially the coolest shooter enemies around anyway) more than the ISA. Anyway, the story itself is pretty standard stuff - hopeless mission, final redemption, yada yada yada. It serves the purpose of moving the game along, but that's about it. I wish that Geurilla had spent more time on the interesting political dynamics between the ISA and the Helghast and why they hate each other so much; the civil war story with the Helghast leaders just falls flat due to weak characters and a feeling of being forced. Fortunately, however, the gameplay is fantastic and although Killzone 3 is, at its core, a corridor shooter, it is a very good corridor shooter. Battles are tense and you are really forced to earn every inch you take. This is not an easy game, and you will be severely punished for any attempts to run and gun or act like G.I. Joe. My only real complaint here is that although the environments are more diverse than in Killzone 2 (the arctic and jungle levels in particular are quite impressive), there is still far too much burned out urban fighting for my liking. I know Helghan is supposed to be a harsh, unforgiving world, but I don't think that always has to translate into boring junkyards or shattered buildings. Killzone has never really been a single player experience, though, and so the real draw is the multiplayer. I'm happy to say that despite some hiccups, the game delivers in spades on this front. The core gameplay is roughly the same as the campaign, with satisfying gun fights and the addition of well balanced class-based abilities like disguises, invisibility, and the use of turrets and robots. All the classes are well designed and each has a useful role in any battle. The main game mode is still Warzone, though I for one am not a big fan of the chaos that it tends to produce. In addition, some Warzone maps (Corinth highway being the worst offender) experience MASSIVE framerate drops when fully loaded with 24 players. These drops are huge - we're talking into the high teens and twenties here - and basically make the game unplayable on those maps once the room fills up. Other maps, such as Turbine Concourse SE-6 or Bilgarsk Boulevard are extremely well designed and flow nicely. Where Geurilla really messed up, though, was with the Operations maps. Operations is a new mode that plays much like BF's Rush, but with the addition of cutscenes showing off the top 3 players. It is phenomenal, truly a stroke of genius. However, the inclusion of only 3 playable maps was a huge oversight on the devs' part. Maybe they didn't think it would succeed, but it is the best part of the game and the only part that many, including my friends and I, actually play regularly. With the recent announcement that new maps for the mode are "unlikely" for whatever reason, it is safe to say that this mode will be going stale very quickly. That's really a shame, because Operations is far more rewarding and fun than Warzone and an increased focus on it could have taken Killzone form being a niche exclusive series to being a massive hit. I do not understand the decision to not support the mode, and in some ways I see it as a slap in the face from Geurilla, but I certainly hope they either change their minds due to overwhelming demand or at least include a fully developed version in Killzone 4. Despite its failings, however, Killzone 3 is an outstanding shooter that deserves your attention and cash. Buy. Expand
  36. Mar 26, 2011
    This is without a doubt the best looking first person shooter on the market, every step oozes with glorious detail, from simple things like distant mountain ranges to beautiful space views from interstellar space ships. This game is outstanding it plays slightly slower in pace than most modern shooter but this all fits in nicely with the gameplay and graphics, its a much meatier game thanThis is without a doubt the best looking first person shooter on the market, every step oozes with glorious detail, from simple things like distant mountain ranges to beautiful space views from interstellar space ships. This game is outstanding it plays slightly slower in pace than most modern shooter but this all fits in nicely with the gameplay and graphics, its a much meatier game than most fps's and is in a class of its own Expand
  37. Jun 26, 2011
    A game with no depth. Yes, a surface is polished and shining - but there nothing inside.
  38. Mar 4, 2011
    Killzone 3 drops this Tuesday on Playstation 3, but I have been fortunate enough to have an early review copy thanks to Ashley over at Playstation. Not only was yours truly provided with the game - I was also handed the "Sharp Shooter" peripheral, a large plastic machine gun that makes Nintendo's Zapper seem rather inadequate. The Playstation Move motion controller and navigationKillzone 3 drops this Tuesday on Playstation 3, but I have been fortunate enough to have an early review copy thanks to Ashley over at Playstation. Not only was yours truly provided with the game - I was also handed the "Sharp Shooter" peripheral, a large plastic machine gun that makes Nintendo's Zapper seem rather inadequate. The Playstation Move motion controller and navigation controller fit snuggly into the device and Killzone 3 can be played entirely this way.

So how does the new "Halo killer" add up? Is the PS Sharp Shooter a massive disappointment, or the dawn of a new era in first person shooting?

Spoiler alert, it's awesome but not totally without fault.

Killzone 3 takes place immediately after the events of part 2 - it seems in these kinds of games, the protagonists never get any down time. No vacations in Mexico, no Disneyland with the kids and no dinner and dancing with that special gal. It's just one war zone after another. But that's what we like, isn't it?

Once again we are put into the shoes of Interplanetary Strategic Alliance soldiers Sev and Rico. In the last game these two were crucial in the assassination of the evil Helghast dictator Visari. In case you are new to the series the Helghast are a race of humanoid-type beings hell-bent on domination and conquest. The death of their dictator has deeply divided the remaining political elite and a power struggle ensues within the Helghast themselves. The story is great - usually with most FPS the story is the one thing that is usually lacking. Not the case with Killzone 3 - I found myself watching and analyzing each cut-scene carefully as to not miss any of the story.

On the downside, I found that the dialogue at times left much to be desired. The voice acting was fine, but I think the script was too full of cliches. It reminded me at times of an 80s era Schwarzenegger movie.

The gameplay of Killzone 3 is really the best part of the experience. After playing recent FPS like, Halo: Reach and Call of Duty: Black Ops, KZ3 felt like a breath of fresh air. You really need to think strategically and use cover in order to excel. Simply running into the battlefield, guns blazing, is a recipe for failure. The game can also be very challenging, sometimes I wanted to jump off my couch and hurl the controller at the TV - but when you do complete a stage, it's insanely rewarding.

The PS Move coupled with the Sharp Shooter peripheral is another great way to enjoy Killzone 3. You're really able to get into a grove where it feels very intuitive, just take the time during the initial set up to customize the controls. Aiming and turning sensitivity can be adjusted in the options menu based on how touchy you want it to be.

I don't think this will replace the way you play an FPS, the controller still feels the most natural for me - but it does provide an extra challenge and additional replay value. Plus at only $40 you're all set up for rail-shooters like Dead Space: Extraction and Time Crisis. The yet to be released Socom 4 will have Sharp Shooter functionality as well.

Previous Killzone titles have all had great graphics and visuals and number 3 is no exception. Everything from the character models to the environments and explosions are all gorgeously rendered with tons of attention given to detail. There is so much going on the screen all the time, but Killzone 3 runs very smoothly with minimal frame rate issues. The only downside is that at times the game will freeze for a second when entering a new area. Previous Killzone titles were brutal in this respect - it seems like developer Guerrilla Games did a lot of work to correct the problem.

It can't be an FPS without multiplayer and Killzone 3 knocks it out of the park. I really enjoyed the return of 2 player cooperative split-screen local multiplayer (not available in Killzone 2). Player one controls Sev, player two controls Rico - it's a great way to waste a few hours and a few Helghast soldiers.

Online, you have a wide array of different modes to choose from. Some of the best that I played were; "Guerrilla Warfare" classic team 16 player deathmatch, "Warzone" which returns from Killzone 2 and is a mission-based game, and "Botzone" which players can use to fine tune their skills against bots (A.I controlled players). There are way more online modes to explore, so get to it!

Killzone 3 is the quint essential FPS. It has intense action, big guns, huge explosions, stealth gameplay, jetpacks and a story that you'll actually care about. Adding the PS Move Sharp Shooter to the mix adds value and fun, and is actually a worthwhile peripheral. Plus the main antagonist Jorhan Stahl is voiced my Malcolm MacDowell from A Clockwork Orange, how cool is that?

39. Mar 5, 2011
    THE MOVE IS THE FUTURE !
    THE MOVE IS THE FUTURE !
    For me the ability to point at the enemy and take a perfectly aimed shot using the move controller is the most realistic, satisfying and fun way to shoot the enemy, sure it takes some practice at first but it soon feels like second nature. The game took me about 7 or 8 hours to complete and every moment was impressive from the excellent story line and best quality scripting and voice acting I've ever heard in a game of this type and believe me I've pretty much played them all.
    The graphics are sublime and easily give the present top end pc games a run for their money, the controls have been made to feel much more responsive and intuitive and when you need to run you move faster than you would in any of the COD games. The weapons in the game all feel solid and the close quarters combat is really brutal and the best yet for any fps that I've seen.
    It's been a while since I played a game which I enjoyed as much as this and if I had anything negative to add it would be that I didn't want the campaign to end but I'm looking forward to multi-player regardless.
    Any rational fps fans of should get this game. Graphics=10 Story=8 Game-play=9 Overall=9
  40. Mar 16, 2011
    Ambition is a rare quality and never one to be mocked. Yet it seems that every game telling the story of war raging on a distant planet feels compelled to raise the bar in the spectacle stakes. Killzone 3 does so spectacularly. But crucially, developers Guerilla have chosen to continue building on the foundation laid by its prequel. Their goal? Seemingly, to create a first-person shooterAmbition is a rare quality and never one to be mocked. Yet it seems that every game telling the story of war raging on a distant planet feels compelled to raise the bar in the spectacle stakes. Killzone 3 does so spectacularly. But crucially, developers Guerilla have chosen to continue building on the foundation laid by its prequel. Their goal? Seemingly, to create a first-person shooter that isnâ Expand
  41. Mar 19, 2011
    KillZone 3 is possibly the best multiplayer FPS I have played. Being a bit of a Call of Duty fan for the past few years and one that only plays Team Deathmatch, KillZone 3 is refreshing and really makes you think. Most FPS have a class system and the difference is usually just a limit to the type of weapon you can use, yes some perks allow for faster movement and silent footsteps etc, butKillZone 3 is possibly the best multiplayer FPS I have played. Being a bit of a Call of Duty fan for the past few years and one that only plays Team Deathmatch, KillZone 3 is refreshing and really makes you think. Most FPS have a class system and the difference is usually just a limit to the type of weapon you can use, yes some perks allow for faster movement and silent footsteps etc, but KillZone 3 has 5 very specific classes each with their own unique abilities.

You will have your favourite and there are many that like to sit invisibly with a sniper rifle picking off runners, but there is some much more to this game than racking up kills. Capturing tactical spawn points can provide you with some extra firepower, jet packs or air strikes and only 1 class can do this the Tactician. The Medic class has the ability to revive fallen comrades but also has a support drone that acts as an early warning system and can hover over your body adding fire power and support.

The weapons feel great, the maps are fantastic with huge vistas and scenery that takes you to Helghast and makes the multiplayer feel like part of the single player game.

The single player campaign is great also - much is said these days about the length of a campaign in a shooter but we all know its the online that matters. That said I have found the single player mode just long enough and suitably difficult and varied to keep me challenged and interested in what is coming next.

This is my favourite shooter at the moment and 2011 has many to come, but for now Black Ops has been relieved of duty.
  42. Mar 24, 2011
    Admittedly, I have barely cracked the SP Campaign, as I tend to play either the Single Player OR the Multiplayer component of the First Person Shooters I buy. In this case, I bought KZ3 expressly for the Multiplayer component, and I could not be more satisfied. Having played the previous 2 installments of COD, I grew tired of BlackOps far more quickly than I anticipated. I guess I got myAdmittedly, I have barely cracked the SP Campaign, as I tend to play either the Single Player OR the Multiplayer component of the First Person Shooters I buy. In this case, I bought KZ3 expressly for the Multiplayer component, and I could not be more satisfied. Having played the previous 2 installments of COD, I grew tired of BlackOps far more quickly than I anticipated. I guess I got my fill of COD online MP with Modern Warfare 1 & 2.. and found myself craving an online multiplayer FPS I could sink my teeth into. I'd finally played KZ2 shortly before KZ3 was released, and in the end, enjoyed it far more than I thought I would, and once I played the Multiplayer beta for KZ3 I was hooked. the KZ3 multiplayer has 8 large and diverse maps, in addition to the 2 extras that came with my pre-order. The maps are generally very large, and encourage different play styles, which is a nice change from the COD style of play for me. Probably closer to the Battlefield series, but I have never managed to get into those for some reason.

the game sports 5 well balanced classes with a pretty awesome and diverse range of special skills, each of which is essential for successful team based play. I find that most people gravitate towards Marksman (invisi-sniper) or Infiltrator (shotgun runner), leaving the more team-minded to man the Tactician, Engineer and Medic posts. Once I unlocked the 2nd Primary Weapon perk, I found myself more willing to play these support roles, which turn out to be very satisfying. I particularly love the tactician, as without spawn points, you can pretty much say goodbye to any hope of victory in Warzone mode, which is my favorite (though I enjoy them all) Spawn points sometimes come equipped with extra gear such as mortar beacons, jetpacks and exo's, all of which are mad fun and add alot to the gameplay.

all in all, I can't speak for the Single Player, but KZ3 Multiplayer is my game right now. I'm loving it!
  43. Jul 22, 2011
    So Killzone 3..
    Lets start with the graphics...yes i admit it the graphics are amazing,the devs have done a great job,the whole picture is great even if there are some flows in graphics engine...
    Gameplay? It is not something special,ordinary FPS gameplay for me.. Music?Art Design? Great ... So you will ask yourself if its all great why you are giving 7 to this game..the reason is..the
    So Killzone 3..
    Gameplay? It is not something special,ordinary FPS gameplay for me..
    Music?Art Design? Great ...
    So you will ask yourself if its all great why you are giving 7 to this game..the reason is..the STORY/PLOT is a little mess,the game should have ended in Killzone 2...anyone that have played the whole trilogy will understand me..
  44. Jan 23, 2013
    Killzone 3 is a huge improvement over Killzone 2. The controls feels pretty good, the graphics are amazing, and the overall shooting is great. It is a non-stop action extravaganza (with a stealth section as well). The only bad part is that the characters and story are just too generic to care about. It is embarrassing the way the developers fail basic Storytelling 101 principles (such asKillzone 3 is a huge improvement over Killzone 2. The controls feels pretty good, the graphics are amazing, and the overall shooting is great. It is a non-stop action extravaganza (with a stealth section as well). The only bad part is that the characters and story are just too generic to care about. It is embarrassing the way the developers fail basic Storytelling 101 principles (such as having characters like the female soldier who is never introduced beyond her name). If you were to combine this engine and action pieces with something like Mass Effect then you would have a perfect shooter. As for the multiplayer, I'm not interested but apparently it is now free-to-play so that is another option. Summary: highly recommended for shooter fans. Expand
  45. Oct 28, 2012
    I've already played Killzone 2 and enjoyed it. Killzone 3 is a better game in all aspects. Why? It looks better, sounds equal (the sound in killzone 2 is amazing), has a great multiplayer and best of all it allowes you to play with the controls of CoD which killzone 2 didn't exacly emulate. It's not has unforgiving as Killzone 2 was. The only major issue is the storyline (much like hisI've already played Killzone 2 and enjoyed it. Killzone 3 is a better game in all aspects. Why? It looks better, sounds equal (the sound in killzone 2 is amazing), has a great multiplayer and best of all it allowes you to play with the controls of CoD which killzone 2 didn't exacly emulate. It's not has unforgiving as Killzone 2 was. The only major issue is the storyline (much like his predecessor) although i liked the the portrayal of the Helghan superiors (resemblance of known last century dictators). Expand
  46. Feb 9, 2013
    I actually love this game, the story mode and multiplayer is awesome!
    Also his epic graphics (that are better than ana other FPS)
    I don't understand why are people who gives low scores to this game, its simply AWESOME!
  47. Feb 23, 2011
    The best so far. Killzone 3 takes what was good from the second, and keeps that feeling with the third. Taking the graphics one step further, as well as the over all combat. And when you ad in the move, preferably with the Sharpshooter, it takes it up again. And on top of that, add 3-D to those who have made the plunge, and reward them for it. With a story that makes you understand yourThe best so far. Killzone 3 takes what was good from the second, and keeps that feeling with the third. Taking the graphics one step further, as well as the over all combat. And when you ad in the move, preferably with the Sharpshooter, it takes it up again. And on top of that, add 3-D to those who have made the plunge, and reward them for it. With a story that makes you understand your enemy that much better, it makes the over all feeling worth it. Its no Uncharted, but its a damn close second for the PS3. Expand
  48. Jan 10, 2012
    I'm going to get right to the point. If you enjoyed Killzone 2 and appreciated a shooter that thought "outside the box" well you'll be VERY disappointed with kz 3. Kz 3 on it's own is a decent game but I could never get over why some of the great features where removed. Things like not being able to play ALL game modes on all the maps, custom games server browsing, in game squadI'm going to get right to the point. If you enjoyed Killzone 2 and appreciated a shooter that thought "outside the box" well you'll be VERY disappointed with kz 3. Kz 3 on it's own is a decent game but I could never get over why some of the great features where removed. Things like not being able to play ALL game modes on all the maps, custom games server browsing, in game squad feature, spawn on squad leader, spawn camera, spectator mode, decent stat tracking, run stamina, prox chat, recoil/gun play, clan support, faction balancing, 32 player, and spawn nades. I mean really, this is a sequel?

Anyway..kz 3 is decent shooter but it's on my biggest disappointment of 2011 list.
  49. Mar 3, 2011
    The Critic score is 85 and the user score is 8.4 (84) so clearly this is a good game. I give it 9 because for me it is the second best first person shooter available on PS3. Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare is the best in my opinion, because it was original, all the sequels have been brilliant but more samey than any other shooter sequels. Story missions as good as Call Of Duty and online asThe Critic score is 85 and the user score is 8.4 (84) so clearly this is a good game. I give it 9 because for me it is the second best first person shooter available on PS3. Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare is the best in my opinion, because it was original, all the sequels have been brilliant but more samey than any other shooter sequels. Story missions as good as Call Of Duty and online as good as Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Astounding graphics, spot on sound effects, intelligent AI, average plot, average voice acting but an excellent addition too the range of PlayStation 3 exclusives. Must Buy. Expand
  50. Feb 26, 2011
    9.5, absolutely... breathtaking. graphics, animation, cutscenes just beautiful. must buy dammnit!!!!!!!!!!!
  51. Feb 26, 2011
    Totally awesome, especially for us somewhat tired of the same games beeing sold over and over again with slightly different stories and mechanics but mostly the same weapons. Yes, Call of Duty, Modern Warfare and Medal of Honor, im looking at you. Better story and multiplayer than kz2, and it just keeps on getting better!
  52. Mar 2, 2011
    Wonderful game, im really impressed with the improvements they made from killzone 2, making that game look obsolete compared to this one, even though the multiplayer in kz2 was far more original, but at the same time this one is more balanced and way more addictive and fun.
  53. Mar 3, 2011
    I've played both the campaign and clocked in around 15 hours of online time, and I have to say this shooter is pretty damn good.

I've played them all: Halo, Half Life, CoD, Resistance, Crysis, Unreal etc... and Killzone 3 is a great addition to my library. It has it's own unique feel and quirks yet it's familiar enough so you can jump right in. Killzone 2 was, in my opinion, the beta for this great title. You can tell they listened to fans by fixing the weighty controls and questionable hit detection issues (getting a head shot a second after you got shot down?!). It still feels like Killzone 2, but without the issues that made me sell it after a few weeks.

Killzone 3 should keep the new fans for its familiarity and bring in new ones with its improvements. I STRONGLY recommend playing competitively with some friends and give it some time. It WILL grow on you.
  54. Feb 25, 2011
    Why did the hell did they remove the custom games? The main reason I bought this game is to play custom games against the bots with my friends! I have been getting texts from them all night asking me how the game is. But when I tell them they removed the custom/bot games, none of them are willing to buy the game!

And those menus, they look like they were done by a retarded 5yr old with

And those menus, they look like they were done by a retarded 5yr old with a red crayon! The numbers above a person you are shooting destroy any sense of realism! Only 6 maps, and DLC already? How can they take something that works and intentionally ruin it?

Very disappointing!
  55. Mar 4, 2011
    I just can't get into this game (I'm currently on mission 6). Every time I try and play the campaign I find myself tempted to hit the eject button before I doze off. I really wanted to like this game... like the graphics are nice and all but (excuse my french) I don't really give 2 **** about any of the characters or what will happen in the story. Then I thought hmmmmmmm...maybe this isI just can't get into this game (I'm currently on mission 6). Every time I try and play the campaign I find myself tempted to hit the eject button before I doze off. I really wanted to like this game... like the graphics are nice and all but (excuse my french) I don't really give 2 **** about any of the characters or what will happen in the story. Then I thought hmmmmmmm...maybe this is similar to CoD (bad campaign, good multiplayer). I played online for about 30 minutes and I thought ...eh.... its oooook, no cover system really (don't get me started on the single player "cover system"), environments are kinda dull and uninteresting. I have to admit that I did enjoy the stealth mission and snow level but I found it hard to continue playing after that. I'm not writing this review to offend anyone...I rate games based on how I feel playing them. Gaming shouldn't be about - "oh this game has stellar graphics", or "this game has so many extra things I can do!" Games should make you feel something...if Killzone 3's goal was to make the player feel as if they're actually in a Warzone shooting at enemy combatants, they may have partially achieved that, however having 2 dimensional copy and paste main protagonists pulls the game right into the **** and by the end of the game (or 6 chapters in) you just don't care anymore. And before some troll goes OMG XBOX FANBOY lemme just say that I believe PS3 exclusives are better than 360 exclusives. I was able to borrow a friends PS3 and play his copy of Uncharted 2 and later that day I found myself at Gamestop buying a PS3 and UC2. I'm glad I was able to at least rent KZ3 and give it a try. If you're playing KZ3 and love it that's totally cool, it's just not for me.

Pros: Gorgeous Visuals Characters look somewhat life-like Multiplayer is ok

Cons: Lack of a real cover system (in SP and MP) Game becomes too repetitive and boring Can't go prone Crouching near cover can sometimes make you stick to it Hollow-uninteresting characters
  56. Feb 24, 2011
    i love this game, this isn't really a review, but i just can't help but comment to the people who keep comparing this to COD and calling it a ripoff. if this is a ripoff of COD, then COD is a ripoff of wolfenstein 3d, doom, quake, heretic, hexen, rise of the triad, duke nukem 3d, system shock, i could go on and on. the point being, first person shooters were around long before the CODi love this game, this isn't really a review, but i just can't help but comment to the people who keep comparing this to COD and calling it a ripoff. if this is a ripoff of COD, then COD is a ripoff of wolfenstein 3d, doom, quake, heretic, hexen, rise of the triad, duke nukem 3d, system shock, i could go on and on. the point being, first person shooters were around long before the COD games came along. just because COD is the first FPS you ever played doesn't mean it's the first one to ever exist, and certainly doesn't mean that every FPS to come after it is a ripoff. if anything, it's a ripoff of wolfenstein 3d, which was the first FPS and it came out like 20 years ago. you kids and your ignorance is highly amusing. Expand
  57. Feb 23, 2011
    I am really impressed with this game, it is simply amazing great graphics, story mode and multiplayer . i feel this is a game i will be playing for a long time to come. (2)
  58. Feb 24, 2011
    Killzone 3 is one of the most addicting games I've played! First lets star off with what killzone is known for, Its graphics! they are AMAZING! They really fixed the gameplay from killzone 2, you don't feel too heavy but there is still a bit of heaviness for a realistic feel. They could of done a better online ranking system but except for that the online is a really fun experience.Killzone 3 is one of the most addicting games I've played! First lets star off with what killzone is known for, Its graphics! they are AMAZING! They really fixed the gameplay from killzone 2, you don't feel too heavy but there is still a bit of heaviness for a realistic feel. They could of done a better online ranking system but except for that the online is a really fun experience. there are only three game modes, but they have their own unique type of gameplay. The story draws you in! you really want to know what happens next. The story line in killzone 2 would still be my favorite. This game is fun and is easily re-playable and obviously a MUST have for the PlayStation community! Come on PlayStation, its yours! Be proud of it! Expand
  59. Feb 24, 2011
    Wow!! i just finished playing KZ3 last night and i must say that i am very impressed indeed. KZ3 leaves its predessor in its dust, as Gorilla takes the franchise to whole new level of awesome.
    From the engaging story, to the relentless bombardment of graphical goodness. its nice to see that Gorilla put more cut scenes in there too, thus allowing the gamer to actualy breathe easy for a bit before thrusting them back into another epic battle. the game also manages to do a good job of making you feel what it would be like to be out numbered and out gunned on an alien planet.
    From the very begining to the absolutely epic end, KZ3 will have you hooked............now, who's up for some mulit player :0)
  60. Mar 2, 2011
    I dont think this game deserves a 10 because of the ending, the fact that they nerfed the gunplay experience and that Rico gets turned into a hero instead of just putting a bullet in his brains... But at the same time considering that its way superior to killzone 2 in every single way, and i mean, every single way : story, character development, weapons, fun, addictiveness, mp experience,I dont think this game deserves a 10 because of the ending, the fact that they nerfed the gunplay experience and that Rico gets turned into a hero instead of just putting a bullet in his brains... But at the same time considering that its way superior to killzone 2 in every single way, and i mean, every single way : story, character development, weapons, fun, addictiveness, mp experience, sp time spam, etc, i think ill give it the maximum score, this game is golden grahams for me Expand
  61. Mar 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Single player short review: Killzone 3 is a disappointment.

This game has all the ingredients of AAA title and yet it fails to become an amazing classic. Visuals are astonishing, make no mistake about that, but a game needs more to keep me wanting more. Gameplay is smooth, but still feels like a corridor shooter. I didn't feel it was story-driven. Everything felt like a showcase of ideas glued together with cutscenes.

The biggest disapointment is the lenght of the single player campaign, roughly 5 hours is way too short. The ending is anti-climatic and leaves you thinking "wait, what, was that it?!". On top of that I believe developers made a big mistake of putting Rico in charge most of the time - I want to be the man here, I hated "staying on his six" and felt curiously happy and unwilling to help when he got downed. By no means though, did he stop his annoying chatter...

Now, to sum it up - I'm on my second play-through and would urge you to get the game, because it's definitely worth playing. You'll have fun. But don't expect a classic, because Killzone 3 hasn't lived up to the hype.
  62. Feb 25, 2011
    I'm very disappointed with this game.In my opinion Killzone 2 is a much better game.It might not be better looking then Killzone 3 but it plays a hell of a lot better.It's starting to feel like all of the other first person shooters.I thought Killzone 2 was just about as good as it gets at the time it was released and one that I will go back and play many times in the future.Gorilla youI'm very disappointed with this game.In my opinion Killzone 2 is a much better game.It might not be better looking then Killzone 3 but it plays a hell of a lot better.It's starting to feel like all of the other first person shooters.I thought Killzone 2 was just about as good as it gets at the time it was released and one that I will go back and play many times in the future.Gorilla you need to step up your game with the next installment. Expand
  63. Feb 28, 2011
    This was a fun game, especially with the sharpshooter gun. It wasn't as challenging as KZ2, nor was it as long. However, the multiplayer makes up for it's short length. By the way the 3D mode is mind blowing. Graphics 10, Sound 10, Difficulty 7, Replayability 8, Overall score 9.
  64. Feb 24, 2011
    The whole game is a thrill ride. Yes it may have some turning point to the gutter at some points but it holds. I think the ending wasn't as intense as the last game. The multi-player is even more awesome!
  65. Feb 28, 2011
    Me being a big Killzone and PS3 fan, I'll have to admit there were a few problems with this game. Mainly the campaign; there were a lot of plotholes that should have been better explained. same thing with the cliffhanger ending. As for the multiplayer, I think its a step-down from killzone 2. The game lost its originality; the formula that makes it Killzone. Instead Killzone 3 is just aMe being a big Killzone and PS3 fan, I'll have to admit there were a few problems with this game. Mainly the campaign; there were a lot of plotholes that should have been better explained. same thing with the cliffhanger ending. As for the multiplayer, I think its a step-down from killzone 2. The game lost its originality; the formula that makes it Killzone. Instead Killzone 3 is just a combination of other major multiplayer games. the game is still a lot of fun nonetheless. 7.5/10 for the campaign, 8.5/10 for the multiplayer. Expand
  66. Mar 15, 2011
    Best single player story this gen

Best multi-player game hands down this gen

Story line could be longer

Take no notice of the low scores since anybody can do a self review on ere and most are just 360fanboys.
  67. Feb 27, 2011
    This game is just amazing, improves everything of Killzone 2, the campaign is EPIC and the multiplayer mode owns CoD in all ways.

All people who liked KZ2 will love this game, and who doesn't, maybe KZ3 will convince them. All the improvements to the multiplayer are for good, so playing it is awesome. And what to tell of graphics, this is actually one of the best looking console games, if not the best.

A must-buy.
  68. Feb 26, 2011
    To keep things simple and short: Awesome! Guerrilla did a fantastic job this time around. I remember enjoying Killzone 2, and thought the multiplayer to be really fun and addicting. I've always preferred the Campaign modes, and thought that Killzone 2 was really good. This one blows it out of the water. The pacing, story, and variety are all fantastic. Also, the multiplayer mapsTo keep things simple and short: Awesome! Guerrilla did a fantastic job this time around. I remember enjoying Killzone 2, and thought the multiplayer to be really fun and addicting. I've always preferred the Campaign modes, and thought that Killzone 2 was really good. This one blows it out of the water. The pacing, story, and variety are all fantastic. Also, the multiplayer maps that I've played so far are also way better and more balanced. Well done fellas. P.S. I'm using the sharpshooter to play through the SP story a second time now and it is a totally different experience. Really good job. Expand
  69. Feb 28, 2011
    All over scripted rail shooter. The campaign is way too short, no significant changes in visuals and gameplay.It's the same ol' boring KZ 2.5. The MP is quite entertaining though... 5,5
  70. Feb 29, 2012
    Let me just say first:I LOVED Killzone 3. It was my favorite shooter on the PS3. But now its F2P. FREE. A GAME I SPENT 80$ ON IS NOW FREE. This is the reason I now hate TF2. Good job Gorrila, this is the last game I will buy from you unless I get a written promise that says KZ4 will never go F2P
  71. Mar 17, 2011
    Killzone 3 was one of my most wanted FPS game on the PS3, got it, played it. Rubbish. Killzone 3's story is extremely bad. But the game brings more action which is really fun and entertaining but it doesn't cover up it's issues. You now have a new weapon slot (about time) but it can only be a heavy weapon but it's decent enough, you still have the pistol which I never use because it's soKillzone 3 was one of my most wanted FPS game on the PS3, got it, played it. Rubbish. Killzone 3's story is extremely bad. But the game brings more action which is really fun and entertaining but it doesn't cover up it's issues. You now have a new weapon slot (about time) but it can only be a heavy weapon but it's decent enough, you still have the pistol which I never use because it's so useless. The voice acting in the game is horrible, no real effort was put into it and some doesn't seem like their own voices. And sometimes the sounds the characters make are pathectic.
    The online is bad, I jumped in a game and it was lag from hell. The new layout for the classes are very boring, I loved to see what my character looked like but KZ3 just ruined it.

Killzone 3 does have some impressive things to bring, but it doesn't live up to what I hoped. A bad game.
  72. Feb 27, 2011
    Epic and everything that could have been hoped for after the turn of events that ended Killzone 2. The game-play in this latest KZ offering are alot less sluggish than that of previously titles, however the characters still feel as if they have a realistic and considerable weight to them unlike anything I have previously played. The story plays out with a compelling tale beginning at theEpic and everything that could have been hoped for after the turn of events that ended Killzone 2. The game-play in this latest KZ offering are alot less sluggish than that of previously titles, however the characters still feel as if they have a realistic and considerable weight to them unlike anything I have previously played. The story plays out with a compelling tale beginning at the conclusion of the second game and is a must for fans of the series. Levels play out much similar to the other games in the series with a fine mix of vehicle levels, stealth and standard fps run and gun. Online adds variety also where other games haven't and the inclusion of the new level up system is a welcomed addition; botzone is another mode in which players can get that online experience without the many many deaths and online headset abuse! One thing this game does incredibly well is the EXPLODEY bits! The visuals in this game are unbelievable with some really huge boss battles thrown in for great effect. The one thing I do regret with this game however isn't anything to do with the game at all; It's just....this will look amazing in 3D...and now I know im going to have to buy a 3D set Expand
  73. Mar 1, 2011
    There has always been a fight between ps3 fanboys and xbox fanboys. Xbox has gears of war, while ps3 has resistance. Xbox has Mass effect, Splinter cell, alan wake, fable 3, left for dead, and Forza. To combat that ps3 has Uncharted, Demon Souls, Infamous, Resistance, Ratchet and clank, little big planet, Gran turismo, Heavy rain, MGS, Yakuza, and God of war. Now i didn't mention Halo andThere has always been a fight between ps3 fanboys and xbox fanboys. Xbox has gears of war, while ps3 has resistance. Xbox has Mass effect, Splinter cell, alan wake, fable 3, left for dead, and Forza. To combat that ps3 has Uncharted, Demon Souls, Infamous, Resistance, Ratchet and clank, little big planet, Gran turismo, Heavy rain, MGS, Yakuza, and God of war. Now i didn't mention Halo and killzone because those are what then fights are mostly about. Comparing The original killzone to halo 1 is stupid, halo won. Then Killzone 2 came out and everything changed, halo started getting some competition, but halo 2 still won. Now Killzone 3 comes out and it fights Halo 3, making this a close fight. Killzone 3 is a gaming experience which is gorgeous and now ties with Halo. This game is amazing, Beautiful and stunning. This is what Halo has to watch out for Expand
  74. Sep 30, 2011
    bezdushnoe viabushoe kinco za 2300. ne rekomendyu. ne mogli sdelat' vse kak v crysise. drakeface, drakeface, drakeface, drakeface, drakeface, drakeface.
  75. May 10, 2011
    perfect example of a developer trying to codify their franchise...KZ2 was EPIC, imo the best shooter on the PS3 to date but this, this is a mess, it's half the game that was KZ2, made for noobs played by noobs, awful just bad bad bad...GG hang your head in shame...
  76. Apr 12, 2011
    What a huge step back. I don't even want to play any console shooters anymore. Call of Duty has ruined this genre. The story is shallow and pointless and multiplayer is as stupid as any Call of Duty game.
  77. Mar 16, 2011
    I found the single player experience to be more frustrating than fun - cheap deaths, boring cut scenes (by the third or so I skipped the rest entirely), enemies popping up from areas that have been previously cleared out. Online play is fun but ultimately not worth playing for very long. It doesn't take much to max out your weapons/extras and then there's nothing else to shoot for. I findI found the single player experience to be more frustrating than fun - cheap deaths, boring cut scenes (by the third or so I skipped the rest entirely), enemies popping up from areas that have been previously cleared out. Online play is fun but ultimately not worth playing for very long. It doesn't take much to max out your weapons/extras and then there's nothing else to shoot for. I find myself going back to COD because even at the higher levels there are still more weapons to unlock, perks to go pro, and challenges to complete. Once you hit level 20 or thereabouts, there's nothing to shoot for here outside of playing the same few maps over and over with the same tactic each time as the loadouts are very limited. Most frustrating for me is the lack of team play (rare in any online game I guess) - I typically played as a medic, but nobody sticks around at death long enough to be healed - they just hit the respawn button the second it comes up. It might help if they added an in game notification to tell you if there is a medic nearby, or if your team consists of nothing but snipers so you might as well not wait. Expand
  78. May 17, 2011
    Killzone 3 = epic fail,this fps has one of the stupidest stories I have ever come across in a game,the characters are boring. The graphics are mediocore at best and bad at worst.This game is very short also,you can complete it in about 5 hours,definataly not worth your time and money.
  79. Apr 19, 2011
    Another game series hits the dust. Guerrila had something unique with Killzone 2 and now Killzone 3 might as well be called Call of Killzone. The community of this game will be even smaller than Killzone 2's in a few months. Horrible map design, horrible class design, horrible game design in general (Tactical spawn points, WTF!?) Summary: Horribly unbalanced multiplayer game with bad levelAnother game series hits the dust. Guerrila had something unique with Killzone 2 and now Killzone 3 might as well be called Call of Killzone. The community of this game will be even smaller than Killzone 2's in a few months. Horrible map design, horrible class design, horrible game design in general (Tactical spawn points, WTF!?) Summary: Horribly unbalanced multiplayer game with bad level and bad class design. Half the features from the original killzone 2 aren't even here anymore and the game has become a Call of Duty clone. Avoid at all costs. Expand
  80. Nov 6, 2013
    This game just copies CoD in many ways. The crosshair is completely copied from CoD. And in my opinion, the guns look very bad. Never ever buy this game, ever. Of course, I don't play it but I have seen gameplay. The graphics are terrible. In short, never EVER buy or play this game, even if your friend wants you to play it or recommends you.
  81. Oct 1, 2012
    This is the most bland FPS on rails that I have ever seen. It's not bad, just "meh". The graphics make it look alright (not the best graphics) but everything blends in with its surrondings. You need your enemy to have glowing red eyes just to find them. Using your weapons is kind of tricky because they float on you while your trying to aim. What's bad is that cover is useless most of theThis is the most bland FPS on rails that I have ever seen. It's not bad, just "meh". The graphics make it look alright (not the best graphics) but everything blends in with its surrondings. You need your enemy to have glowing red eyes just to find them. Using your weapons is kind of tricky because they float on you while your trying to aim. What's bad is that cover is useless most of the time. The VO is subpar. No real story because as soon as you're taught to shot your weapon, you begin the story of shoot, shoot, shoot, and shoot some more. Even the enemy were boring and uninspired. The enemy were not originally created but just made into a futuristic Nazi/Soviet hybrid. Three hours worth of game time and i haven't picked the game up in almost three weeks. They're much better FPS out there to entertain you with than this one. Expand
  82. Mar 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Single player is nice nothing wrong with it with some excelent shout outs and average story.
    Multiplayer is a total disaster, let me explain this abit from my side of the story.

Marksman Class with stealth + one hell of a machine gun is asking for trouble.
    Is promotes camping at its finest and allot of people care how much they die in a multiplayer game where K/D ratio is a matter of (skill)

So its natural that alot of people choose the most overpowered class for this kind of gameplay.
    I got shot so many times from an invisible guy that i got frustrated by going for objectives.
    Objectives that makes the gameplay fun if you go in there with a group and get it done feels as an acomplishment.
    Not so when half your team is camping in a corner waiting for a kill....
    I sold KZ3 after 8 days of multiplayer, big let down as i had high expectations from this game
  83. Mar 15, 2011
    Sûrement le jeu le plus attendu de ce début d'année sur PS3, Killzone 3 en fait baver plus d'un. Après un bon épisode sur PS2, un moins bon sur PSP, mais un excellent épisode sur PS3. Killzone 3 arrivera-t-il à dépasser son grand frère ?

Depuis le succès du

Depuis le succès du premier épisode, la série Killzone et le groupe Guerrilla Games sont la propriété de Sony. Cela a donc permit au jeune développeur de trouver des fonds pour améliorer au maximum la qualité de leur jeux. Depuis le deuxième épisode de la saga, Guerrilla développe des soft à la pointe de la technologie graphique et sonore. Bien entendu, la beauté d'un jeu ne fait pas qualité. Dans le cas des Killzone, la qualité est au rendez-vous également. L'histoire prend place directement après la fin de Killzone 2. Le grand chef des helghasts, Visari, étant mort, les troupes de celui sont enragées et agressives, bien plus qu'avant. Sur cette planète maudite, il ne reste plus que votre régiment, une centaine d'hommes tout au plus. Vous devez vous enfuir, évacuer cette capitale bourrée de soldats ennemis.
    Vous reprenez donc le contrôle du sergent Sevchenko, accompagné du sergent Rico Velaskez et de toute une armada. Pendant votre périple étourdissant et éblouissant sur Helghan, vous rencontrerez divers personnages plutôt "nature". En effet, le côté "sombre" de ceux-ci sera vraiment mis en avant, surtout pour les Helghasts. En effet, après la mort de Visari, deux personnages important de la "république" Helghan se livrent une bataille sans pitiés pour prendre la tête du gouvernement et donc de l'armée. L'amiral en chef des troupes de la planète contre le président d'une société privée fournissant des armes de nouvelles technologie à cette armée. Ils se disputent donc la meilleur place pour pouvoir choisir leur moyen favoris d'éliminer l'ISA. Le gameplay de Killzone 3 est tout à fait similaire à celui du 2eme épisode, si ce n'est le fait que la prise en main est bien moins compliquée que celle de ce dernier, effectivement le côté "call of duty" du maniement rend celui-ci beaucoup plus simple.
    De nombreuses phases de contrôle de véhicules ont été implantées dans le gameplay. Celles-ci, parfois très plaisantes sont la plupart du temps ancrées sur des rails, bien plus que le reste du mode solo, qui l'est également. L'arsenal a été plus que doublé, et les armes sont bien plus sympathiques à manier que lors des précédents épisodes. Mais elles ne sont toujours pas personnalisables, c'est à dire qu'aucun accessoires ne peut être apposé sur les armes. Si des viseurs laser, des silencieux ou autres sont placés sur les armes, c'est qu'ils le sont de base, vous ne pourrez pas y jouer sans, même en multijoueur. Cette absence de possibilités de modifications et un des gros point faible des "détails". Et vous devez savoir comme moi que ce sont des **** détails qui font de grands jeux. Les graphismes de Killzone 3 sont quant à eux, époustouflant, c'est le mot. Le jeu regorge de détails, le ciel, les bâtiments, l'eau, les personnages, la neige et même le sang sont d'une qualité irréprochable. Des détails à en pleuvoir, c'est les mots justes pour qualifié Killzone 3.
    Même si l'on ne constate pas, du premier coup d'oeil, de grande différences par rapport à Killzone 2. On comprend la beauté de Killzone 3 en le comparant avec d'autre jeux récents.

La bande-son est elle aussi un des plus grands points forts de Killzone 3. Les doublages sont réussi à merveille, les voix colles bien avec les personnages, la coordination entre voix et mouvements des lèvres est presque parfaite. Mais surtout, la bande originale du titre est MAGISTRALE, rien que la musique d'introduction suffirait à faire acheter le jeu à quelqu'un.
    Elle pourrait sans aucuns doutes être le fruit du travail du meilleur orchestre du monde. Conclusion :

Graphismes : Le plus grosse claque de ce début d'année, sans aucuns doutes ! 19/20
    Musiques : Des doublages excellents et une des meilleurs BO de la PS3 ! 19/20
    Durée de vie : Le mode histoire est un peu plus court que celui de son aîné, compté entre 5 et 8 heures pour terminer le jeu suivant le niveau de difficulté, après cela, le mode coop et le mode multijoueur viennent largement enrichir cette durée de vie. 16/20
    Gameplay: Rien de nouveau sous le soleil, on vise, on tire, on court. Une formule simple mais efficace. 17/20
    Scénario : Un scénario intéressant qui, faute d'apporter une réelle profondeur au soft, lui donne un charme remarquable et cohérent. 13/20
    Général : Killzone 2 est devenu un culte du FPS, si Killzone 3 n'apporte pas grand chose de nouveau, il reste une très bonne surprise dans le monde du jeu vidéo. A ne pas douter que le petit dernier ne finira pas sur le Panthéon des FPS. 18/20
  84. Apr 1, 2011
    not sure why the acclaimed "critics" gave this sequel a score lower than 90, i think it is great. i bought dead space 2 and played it but i like Killzone 3 much better. it has great cut-scenes, a decent storyline, a beefy (length) campaign game, cool arsenal of weaponry--including sniper rifles, and many different battle tactics. hope they continue with some nice add-on missions!
  85. Apr 4, 2011
    I'll start with the pros: none. Ok, so the graphics and weapons (including the jetpack, but excluding the flamethrower which is the worst implementation of this weapon ever) are cool. But that's about it.

Now, the cons: dull, repetitive gameplay (all you do in this game is cover, point and shot, cover, point and shoot; the overall game mechanics are like from the 90's, but somehow worse; I'd rather play quake 1 or 2 then this piece of **** way too linear and scripted, lame story and characters, boring level design, boring enemies (the Hellghaaaast is by far the most insipid foe I have ever seen in a video game ), boring cutscenes (skipped most of them), lacks any substance what so ever, very short campaign (which probably is a good thing since the game is so bad), multiplayer sucks ass. 5 of 10.
  86. May 18, 2011
    The game is another bland first person shooter in the filled market; however, Killzone 3 does come in with fancier looks, but in the end, it is a totally "missable" game, especially for the PS3. The multiplayer is fine for what it is, but nothing different from those other lame MP games. Story isn't horrible, but is short and a little disappointing. Okay if you want another shooter, notThe game is another bland first person shooter in the filled market; however, Killzone 3 does come in with fancier looks, but in the end, it is a totally "missable" game, especially for the PS3. The multiplayer is fine for what it is, but nothing different from those other lame MP games. Story isn't horrible, but is short and a little disappointing. Okay if you want another shooter, not okay if you are tired of copy-pasted games. Expand
  87. Sep 10, 2011
    Multiplayer is this game's saving grace as the singleplayer campaign is so unremarkably dull and poorly put together that it's even more frustrating than Killzone 2. Visuals are stunning, voice acting is good, but once again, all the ISA characters absolutely insufferable. The singleplayer in this game would be way more interesting and entertaining if you were playing a Helghan soldier.Multiplayer is this game's saving grace as the singleplayer campaign is so unremarkably dull and poorly put together that it's even more frustrating than Killzone 2. Visuals are stunning, voice acting is good, but once again, all the ISA characters absolutely insufferable. The singleplayer in this game would be way more interesting and entertaining if you were playing a Helghan soldier. The way it is now, it's like watching a C rate action movie. Multiplayer, however, is a different story. Three main game modes are present - team deathmatch, warzone, and operations. Warzone features seven rounds of varying objectives. One round might be simple team deathmatch, the next might be search and destroy, and following that might come assassination. Certain objectives really favor certain playable class' skills, which really keeps the game feeling dynamic and forces players to always be on their toes. It's an absolute blast and makes control of the large maps crucial, however, spawn camping can become an issue if the teams are lopsided or if one team simply sucks at the game. Operations is a more tightly focused objective mode in which one team of players defends against an attacking team. The defense is usually tasked with protecting certain locations or preventing the attackers from stealing crucial items. Each objective is located in a certain segment of the map as the attackers slowly gain ground and force the defenders back. This keeps the action tightly focused in certain areas when there aren't enough players to fill the large maps. With a full house, the gameplay is even more hectic and fast paced. If you want a memorably singleplayer campaign, go look somewhere else. This is a multiplayer game, and pretty good one at that. I recently picked up the game a couple weeks ago and it is still well populated. Expand
  88. Nov 9, 2011
    Picking up after Killzone 2 was always going to be a difficult task, though Guerrilla Games have managed to pull it off admirably, even if we are subjected to a needlessly long tutorial sequence. The real focus this time around is following on the story from the events of the previous game and while it does a good job of moving things along, it also takes a lot of lazy approaches toPicking up after Killzone 2 was always going to be a difficult task, though Guerrilla Games have managed to pull it off admirably, even if we are subjected to a needlessly long tutorial sequence. The real focus this time around is following on the story from the events of the previous game and while it does a good job of moving things along, it also takes a lot of lazy approaches to certain elements. Gameplay wise it is more of the same with some incredible set pieces thrown in, one in particular has you and your allies taking on a giant destructive robot as it destroys literally everything around you.

By no means a perfect game nor really a perfect sequel, but really only more of the same. Regardless of it still being a solid package, it's a shame they weren't able to add some more innovations to the formula.
  89. Oct 28, 2012
    Killzone 3 is more of the same stuff we saw in Killzone 2 except the controls aren't as bad and the environments aren't as dark. It's all snowy this time (!) The game looks and sounds great. The majority of the weapons are the same, but the story feels more fleshed out. I really enjoyed watching Stahl (Malcolm McDowell)'s machinations, however the game peaks early and doesn't concludeKillzone 3 is more of the same stuff we saw in Killzone 2 except the controls aren't as bad and the environments aren't as dark. It's all snowy this time (!) The game looks and sounds great. The majority of the weapons are the same, but the story feels more fleshed out. I really enjoyed watching Stahl (Malcolm McDowell)'s machinations, however the game peaks early and doesn't conclude anything, in fact the entire game is one big stop-gap cliffhanger that just ends abruptly as though development ran out of time, something rather endemic of shooters lately. Expand
  90. Oct 25, 2011
    You know I love this franchise. Even loved it on m PSP....this one though felt kinda reptetive. KZ2 was awesome and epic feeling. This game has alot of that same feeling, but really doesnt feel new at all.IT does look great like all the KZ games and it has a kind of Saving private ryan in the future thing going on... I dont know though. It just didnt excite me the way KZ2 did. Still aYou know I love this franchise. Even loved it on m PSP....this one though felt kinda reptetive. KZ2 was awesome and epic feeling. This game has alot of that same feeling, but really doesnt feel new at all.IT does look great like all the KZ games and it has a kind of Saving private ryan in the future thing going on... I dont know though. It just didnt excite me the way KZ2 did. Still a good game though.... worht picking up used if you can and if you liked the other games in the trilogy. Expand
  91. Nov 15, 2011
    Terribly boring game that I just couldn't get into. Waves and waves of basically the same soldiers with red eyes come after you and it's just point and shoot. Ho-hum. Nothing creative about this one. Feels rushed. I just don't understand all the graphics lovers here. I just wasn't that impressed. Would really be upset if I paid $65 for it. Got it for $20 and am ready to sell itTerribly boring game that I just couldn't get into. Waves and waves of basically the same soldiers with red eyes come after you and it's just point and shoot. Ho-hum. Nothing creative about this one. Feels rushed. I just don't understand all the graphics lovers here. I just wasn't that impressed. Would really be upset if I paid $65 for it. Got it for $20 and am ready to sell it after playing it a few days. Expand
  92. Nov 21, 2011
    This game is altogether great. Although the singleplayer campaign is an overall disappointment, the shooting mechanics, coupled with jaw-dropping graphics create an unrivaled shooting experience. On top of this, Killzone 3 offers a rewarding multiplayer experience, with very fun class-based warfare that will keep you hooked.
  93. Mar 6, 2012
    Amazing game! , I cant believe how some people gave this game such low scores! Its an AWESOME! game.. I recommend this game to every "REAL" gamer out there.
  94. Apr 9, 2012
    Killzone 3 is the best-looking console game, full stop.
    The graphics are simply fantastic, and the gameplay is fun too.
    The campaign may not be very long, but is incredibly fun and action-packed.
    A must play.
  95. Oct 26, 2012
    To be perfectly fair, I'm new to the whole Killzone series. I've heard all the usual hype about it, and was finally intrigued after seeing some gameplay commentary via YouTube. "Why not?" I asked, and dove right in.

The consensus is one of underwhelming. I didn't play with the fancy-pants features like PlayStation Move nor 3D blubbery, not that I'd ever want to - I doubt either feature would give me any sort of "enhanced gaming experience," as advertised, because when it comes down to it, the core gameplay and plot of the game should be the bit delivering an "enhanced gaming experience," not gimmicks. Killzone 3 drops you in the middle of an ongoing conflict between the ISA and brutal Helghast regime. And it begins with a direct defiance of orders within the military ranks. Your hotheaded buddy-pal gets the bright idea to cap some high ranking Helghast official, and while this is apparently a very serious action to have taken - a very bad action, at that - he gets little more than a stern talking to and an angry finger wagged in his face.

This direct defiance of orders seems to be some sort of theme between the main duo involved in Killzone 3, leading to the worst organized military endeavour in the history of organized military. Your characters seem to do everything within their power to disobey their superiors, wandering around and causing unnecessary damage and risking the lives of tonnes of other soldiers. Granted, your characters are trying to do good - but after constantly spending the game neglecting their leaders, you'd wonder how they manage to get anything done. The plot carries out in a very fast paced manner, and while you don't need to be invested in the series to understand the goings-on, you might be left behind if you don't pay attention at least when the people talk. Fortunately, the plot is as thick as it needs to be, and this "without-crust" tale of gritty space-war adventures isn't too deep. The graphics are simply stunning, that is to be true. Everything is so vivid and powerful. Even though half of the game is spent in blown out city-centres of the Helghast stronghold, there is a strong sense of immersion. The blizzard levels in particular make you feel wrapped up in a snowstorm, making the firefights ever more intense. Sound is also of high quality, but these days - especially for games such as this, with enormously large budgets - that's no flashy feat. In the end, however, Killzone 3 isn't much to boast about. It's pretty, and the story is enough to perk an ear or two. But unless you're a huge fan of the Killzone series, you're not missing out on much. In the end, it's another tail of über-patriotic democracy-loving space marines trying to stomp out the threats of totalitarian dictatorships. Nothing you haven't seen before in dozens of other FPS games.
  96. Jan 16, 2014
    Killzone 3 fails to deliver the fun and excitement that killzone 2 delivered. The story is very short and forgettable with no connection between the characters. The controls are better on singleplayer , a lot faster and easier to aim. On multiplayer the controls are quick like COD but not as smooth. The action on multiplayer is very much the same as CoD with no teamwork in play. TheKillzone 3 fails to deliver the fun and excitement that killzone 2 delivered. The story is very short and forgettable with no connection between the characters. The controls are better on singleplayer , a lot faster and easier to aim. On multiplayer the controls are quick like COD but not as smooth. The action on multiplayer is very much the same as CoD with no teamwork in play. The classes aren't really used tactically considering most people pick class with trip mine or infiltrator. The infiltrator ability allows him to have a friendly icon over his head all the way up till he is about 3 feet from you, but by then its too late. So most of my multiplayer experience was mostly running into trip mines, getting killed by infiltrators, and instant deaths from the overpowered guns. I don't like it, killzone shadow fall and killzone 2 are way better than this game (despite killzone 2 controls) Expand
  97. Aug 23, 2013
    It's a great game. More of the glorious same. Well, not completely. It has stealth, brutal melee and everything that Call of Duty isn't. My only complaint is that it's too short. I beat this within 7 hours.
  98. Jan 15, 2012
    Killzone 3 is a fantastic game, it blew me away with how amazing it is, and almost every issue the first game had has been fixed, the floaty feeling is gone and the controls are tighter rivaling the Call of Duty and Halo series, the graphics are fantastic making this one of the best looking games I've ever played and you can play it in 3D if you have the right requirements, and theKillzone 3 is a fantastic game, it blew me away with how amazing it is, and almost every issue the first game had has been fixed, the floaty feeling is gone and the controls are tighter rivaling the Call of Duty and Halo series, the graphics are fantastic making this one of the best looking games I've ever played and you can play it in 3D if you have the right requirements, and the soundtrack is great, and the guns and explosions sound awesome, and voice acting has improved but it's still not the best, the story is more interesting and the characters are a little bit more likable, but they are also still not that great, what is great is the amazing gameplay, the campaign is outstanding with intense firefights and awesome set pieces, and it has more variety this go around, from adrenaline inducing vehicle sections, tense stealth sections, and one of, if not the best jet pack section ever, and it also seems longer than most other shooters out there, it also has Playstation Move functionality but I wasn't able to test it out, and the multiplayer is phenomenal, and some of the most unique I've ever played, and requires more teamwork then most other shooters out there, and features a deep RPG like progression system in which you gain experience for everything you do, and when you level up you gain points to spend so you can unlock abilities in the very unique classes, it's fun and addicting, and with a fantastic campaign, cool features, and deep addicting multiplayer, this game can keep you entertained for hundreds of hours, and this is a must own for PS3 owners, and I'll even go as far as to say if you don't have a PS3 then this is the perfect reason to own one, a near perfect shooter that I highly recommend to any and all gamers, a must play. Expand
  99. Feb 27, 2012
    A fine addition to the FPS franchise, MP is extremely solid and balanced but not much variety in terms of unlocking however can't say the same with Campaign it's even worst than KZ2's
  100. Mar 5, 2013
    This game was pretty good at launch, but eventually it went down, most people lost interest and all that was left were snipers and a few addicted guys. Also the lag became worse.

1. Dec 12, 2011
    Is Killzone 3 deep enough to snipe PSN players from the COD: Black Ops fold? Probably not. Is Killzone 3 outstanding enough to warrant single-player awards for its narrative? Nope. But let there be no doubt that when it comes to intense gameplay that gives not one spare second for players to catch their breath or laze their way into a routine, Killzone 3 is near the top of the pack. The fact that it's the best-looking game we've seen and happens to support full stereoscopic 3D is just icing on the cake.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Apr 6, 2011
    Although the third part of the entire Killzone series is the weakest one it is still a very above-average piece of entertainment every PS3 owner should have this in their collection. [Mar 2011]
  3. Mar 30, 2011
    Killzone 3 is ultimately a flawed yet stunning experience. It gets the production values and the intensity just right. If it lacks anything, it would be a bit of character but fans will find it absolutely thrilling while it lasts.