8.5

1. Jul 31, 2011
    i would actaully give this game a 8.5 for a score . well im gona get the negitive stuff done to start with. first off the game is kinda buggy . ive had alot of issues with the voice's cutting out durring cut sceanes and even one time where all sound went out and had to reboot my PS3 . there's also abit of freeze ups during play i dont mean the game completely locking up but you will bei would actaully give this game a 8.5 for a score . well im gona get the negitive stuff done to start with. first off the game is kinda buggy . ive had alot of issues with the voice's cutting out durring cut sceanes and even one time where all sound went out and had to reboot my PS3 . there's also abit of freeze ups during play i dont mean the game completely locking up but you will be just walking around and will just freeze for 2 seconds then resume not terrable but abit annoying. also the item , wepon , and armor system was dumbed down . i liked the original set up in ME1 much better you had so many differnt wepons and armor to choose from now you have no armor to choose from you just upgrade it and your wepon selection is just a few guns which you also upgrade. there is no more looting of enimes which i did not like felt like it was just to simplefied. also the story doesnt even really take off till the end . now for the good. although the story may not move as much as the first ME the world of ME and the charicters are all well done and you get alot more info about them . so i was very entertained with finding out more about the qaurians , krogan , geth , and more . so i felt the hole in which the story was lacking abit was made up for very well in charicter and discovering more about the ME universe. i found the combat system very smooth and enjoyable . you have many more charicters then the first one and runing into your old team mates like garrus and tali feels like runing into old friends . i found all the new charicters very intresting and always wanting to learn more about them. even though the story was slow there was enough new info that i found intresting to make it a pretty decent story. the game is also much longer then the first one . if you did every thing in the first ME it would take you about 24-25 hours in ME2 it will take you around 35+ hours which to me is more of the standerd in which a RPG should be time wise. in the end ME2 is a pretty good sequel to the first and didnt find myself really dissappointed much and will deffinitly do another run through some day. Expand
  2. Jan 27, 2011
    Yes Yes Yes! This is what games should be. Although controls are sometimes a bit frustrating the game itself is awesome. 40+ hours of awesomeness. If you like 3th person shooters -> Get this game NOW!
    If you like exploring and roaming around -> Get this game NOW!
    If you like Start Trek/Star Wars -> Get this game NOW!

If you want a social life -> Do not get this game!
  3. Jan 19, 2011
    It may sound a we bit to simple but I never really saw the appeal of mass affect. I played this version on 360 and now I own a PS3 it just seems almost last generation...
  4. Feb 21, 2011
    Nothing short of phenomenal. A true milestone in gaming history. The action and plot is fun. The RPG elements could've been much better, however. That seems to the major gripe with the game. I'm not a big RPG fan, so it doesn't really make any difference too me. This game is great, pick it up as soon as possible.
  5. Feb 8, 2011
    I gave this game a perfect score, although it isn't perfect. But it IS that enjoyable. A ton of fun, great story, great replay value, and a superbly polished product. My only complaints were that the missions structure became repetitive by the end of the game (around the 30-35 hr mark) and the DLC add-ons involving 'driving' were poorly done. The gameplay is smooth and polished (a fewI gave this game a perfect score, although it isn't perfect. But it IS that enjoyable. A ton of fun, great story, great replay value, and a superbly polished product. My only complaints were that the missions structure became repetitive by the end of the game (around the 30-35 hr mark) and the DLC add-ons involving 'driving' were poorly done. The gameplay is smooth and polished (a few minor issues with the cover system, but nothing that detracts from the experience) and the story/presentation are second to none. The RPG elements are light compared to ME1, but I never felt like it was detrimental to the experience. This game really pulls you into the Mass Effect world, and I can't wait for Mass Effect 3 to come out. I am really interested to see how the choices I made in ME2 are going to affect the final chapter. Expand
  6. Jan 29, 2011
    ME 2 has it all, and more...., don't miss this game, it will be like missing Ocarina of time, Resident Evil 4, and other Masterpiece Classics
    (Tip: don't only run through the main-quest, you'll be missing some unforgettable moments in Gaming History!)
  7. Sep 14, 2011
    If you don't like this game then you don't like RPGs. The only reason it is not a 10 is that the missions, while varied, get a little repetitive. Also, there is too much time wasted harvesting resources. But it is a great game, with high replay value.
  8. Oct 12, 2014
    This is a fantastic game. It improves upon its predecessor with better gameplay, and a more interesting narrative. Its world can feel linear, and interestingly enough the side content is far more compelling than the main narrative, but this is one of the best Western RPGs in existence.
  9. Jan 24, 2011
    This is one of THE BEST games on the PS3 right now...dont listen to those mediocre reviews, so what if PS3 gamers have missed out on the ME1 that doesnt take away from this being a truly immersive game full of depth and action. This game will give you that "just one more go" feeling as it sucks you into its fantastic universe., and with all the DLC being included on the disc PS3 gamers areThis is one of THE BEST games on the PS3 right now...dont listen to those mediocre reviews, so what if PS3 gamers have missed out on the ME1 that doesnt take away from this being a truly immersive game full of depth and action. This game will give you that "just one more go" feeling as it sucks you into its fantastic universe., and with all the DLC being included on the disc PS3 gamers are getting more for there money with this game, Bioware deserve a medal, because this is how games should be made and they know how to look after the people that pay their wages..thats you and me. Dont delay in getting this game, if you havent got the money, sell somthing to get it and kiss your life goodbye for 40+ hours, as you ride the Mass Effect universe! Expand
  10. Feb 12, 2011
    Don't hesitate for a second buying this game. If you have played the short demo released fairly recently of this game but wasn't a big fan of it, don't be scared, the full game is a hundred times better as the demo lacked the characterisation and depth that is so vast in the full game. With the added free downloadable content, you just cannot lose when purchasing this game, ignore theDon't hesitate for a second buying this game. If you have played the short demo released fairly recently of this game but wasn't a big fan of it, don't be scared, the full game is a hundred times better as the demo lacked the characterisation and depth that is so vast in the full game. With the added free downloadable content, you just cannot lose when purchasing this game, ignore the terrible reviews at the bottom, they are Xbox fanboys jealous of the huge graphical upscaling given to the PS3 version. Expand
  11. Jun 28, 2011
    Gonna join the party train over here and give this a 10. Everything is fabulous. The only things worth **** about are the ridiculously long loading times and the bugs. C'mon Bioware, get your stuff together! Despite this, though, it's still amazing. Go buy it. I'm serious.
  12. Jan 24, 2011
    I have one thing to add to my review after my first playthru. While the game is good, the story, characters are intriguing. I can't help but notice a transparency to the gameplay. It's go to a planet, search clues for your objective, firefight with similar enemies for about 15 minutes, then do it all again on the next planet. It's this repetiveness that I think will sour alot of gamers.I have one thing to add to my review after my first playthru. While the game is good, the story, characters are intriguing. I can't help but notice a transparency to the gameplay. It's go to a planet, search clues for your objective, firefight with similar enemies for about 15 minutes, then do it all again on the next planet. It's this repetiveness that I think will sour alot of gamers. The weapons aren't all that exciting either. This is still a really cool game, it just starts to grind after awhile. It's one of the reasons I still think FFXIII is still champ as far as RPG's go for the PS3. That's just my opinion though. Bring on Dragon Age 2 !!!!!!! Expand
  13. Apr 12, 2011
    A great game that already has received all the praise imaginable, and it does deserve that and more. The only drawback to this version is the inevitable fact that it's played with a controller like all console shooters. It does it's best with what it has.
  14. Apr 19, 2011
    The game I feel didn't quite live up to the hype. Although very good overall, just not as outstanding as many have made it out to be. Plus being a PS3 owner I can't Imagine how it would have played without the free DLC. Because I felt there weren't too many side missions. And basically the story is hey do this, get a team then finish game. there was Really only a couple of story specificThe game I feel didn't quite live up to the hype. Although very good overall, just not as outstanding as many have made it out to be. Plus being a PS3 owner I can't Imagine how it would have played without the free DLC. Because I felt there weren't too many side missions. And basically the story is hey do this, get a team then finish game. there was Really only a couple of story specific missions not related to team building. I did uncover a few side missions but maybe around seven I think. And i felt like i talked to everybody. most of the side missions weren't that hard either. Also I guess I am more of an open world fan as opposed to the very linear design some games go for in levels. this is one of those games and it make them redundant to me. The replay value drops because you can only go one way though each area. The firewalker side missions opened up a bit but I can't imagine having paid for them, they had graphical bugs. Overall the real grip of Mass Effect is the overall story and the characters. It is almost like playing through a novel. But Although I had some issues with it I did give it an 8 overall. Graphics in the main game are increadible. very blade runner if you have grain turned on too (one of my favorite movies btw) And although there weren't a lot of story specific missions I felt all the missions you go one do help the story progress and grow and change. I would buy this game if you are a sci-fi and RPG lover like myself but if not maybe just rent it. Overall I like the game, Just not as much as others, Like fallout series, even new vegas with it's technical bugs, and not being as good as 3, I found in the end a biggger, better story and more enjoyable experience overall. Expand
  15. May 5, 2013
    This is as good as western RPGs get today. Unlike Mass Effect 1, the sequel has a bigger emphasis on gameplay: new powers, different skill trees, and more weapons. However, many aspects of the original Mass Effect were taken away. There are loading screens now, no more planet exploration, and there's almost no weapon and armor customization.

It still is an amazing game in a different

It still is an amazing game in a different way. Easy to learn and comes with a bunch of DLC included on the PS3 version. Definitely my favorite franchise of the past years.
  16. Jan 23, 2011
    If you haven't played the 360 version, you have to play this game now. With the graphics upgrade and free additional content, Mass Effect 2 should win game of the year twice.
  17. Jan 19, 2011
    This is hands down probably one of the most amazing games I have ever touched. I played Mass Effect 1 but held off on 2 after hearing of the PS3 release and wow I can't believe I waited to play this. Absolute masterpiece and a game that fans of RPGs and shooters alike must play.
  18. Jan 25, 2011
    This is one of the best games ever made & I'm not even a sci-fi fan, The characters are believable and keep you entertained, The game play is engrossing, smooth & tons of fun, there is a great mix of shooting exploring and mingling. In my opinion this ones a definite purchase worth every penny,
  19. Jan 23, 2011
    Phenomenal game. I've never been more invested in a game than I was with Mass Effect 2. The last mission is one of the greatest endings I have ever seen in a video game.
  20. Feb 2, 2011
    I personally think that giving this game a negative review is criminal. Even if you think the progression and RPG elements of the first Mass Effect were better (and I agree), this is still a FANTASTIC game. The story is engaging, gameplay is crisp and fun, and the graphics rock. This game is a must have.
  21. Mar 13, 2011
    I can't give this game anything less than a 10. This is art. It's a rare developer that understands that game elements that are frustrating don't extend the playability of a game in a positive way. This game does it all - engaging missions, splendid graphics, amazing leveling and XP system. Nothing is broken. The only issue I might point out in the PS3 port is that there are certainI can't give this game anything less than a 10. This is art. It's a rare developer that understands that game elements that are frustrating don't extend the playability of a game in a positive way. This game does it all - engaging missions, splendid graphics, amazing leveling and XP system. Nothing is broken. The only issue I might point out in the PS3 port is that there are certain rare instances in cut scenes that the audio does not sync with the video (dialogue and special effects play ahead by about 2 seconds in some cases.) The rest of the game is so incredible that you'll not care. Get this game and watch your weekends dissolve into 10 hour marathons. Expand
  22. Feb 6, 2011
    Beautiful, balanced and beyond awe inspiring . The story is wonderful as are the graphics. It reminds me of a very good book, you wont put it down until you have finished and you will yearn for the sequel. I have never played the original and I'm almost tempted to borrow an xbox just to play it....almost.
  23. Mar 3, 2011
    This was my first taste of the series and all I can say is that its one of the freshest shooters and rpgs I've played since Bioshock. The story is expertly presented with excellent voice acting and character animation leaving every JRPG's storytelling in the dust. MUST BUY :)
  24. Jan 25, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Mass Effect 2 is the perfect combination of Role playing and action games, in other words, you can create your own character and actually have brute fights with him, and other virtue about Mass Effect, is the freedom to be a bad guy or good guy.
    But on my opinion, the RPG style of the game is too low yet, the story isn't so versatile how should to be a "Real RPG".
    The Game is awesome, but a better option in RPG 's is Fallout: New Vegas.
  25. Dec 23, 2011
    I guess there is a reason why Mass Effect 2 is so well recieved by everyone. The game is extremly polished in every department. I must say, I wasn't impressed by the demo at the time, but after getting into the story and experiencing the game to it's fullest I can say it's outstanding. Sci-fi was never my thing, but this game transfers the "sci-fi" mood very well, in a way that wasn'tI guess there is a reason why Mass Effect 2 is so well recieved by everyone. The game is extremly polished in every department. I must say, I wasn't impressed by the demo at the time, but after getting into the story and experiencing the game to it's fullest I can say it's outstanding. Sci-fi was never my thing, but this game transfers the "sci-fi" mood very well, in a way that wasn't expected. Besides the fact that every race speaks perfect English, everything else looks believable and not "low budget" like most of these movies. Besides that, there is an amazing dialog and a veriety of choices and decisions that affect the outcome of your story. The main goal in the game is recruiting team mates for your mission, to fight against a new threat to the galaxy. Seems predictable, but if you have played the first game you would appreciate the subtle references and characters that pop up during your adventure. Mind you, the characters and their arcs were more interesting then the story itself, but there is more then enough politics and race struggles, somehow always involving humans and always decpicting them as giant **** The cover based shooting mechanics are brilliant here, and are near perfect. There are AI issues but they are very minor. I loved the fact that you can bring different characters to battle, and they will always ahve something to say in between battles, and it's amazing that the dialog is so varied considering there are about 12 of them in the game. Each character has it's own mission or story, that is usually resolved by shooting aliens in their faces. The graphics are jaw dropping. So much work has been put into the graphics in this game I'm speechless. So many different worlds and locations that look varied, odd and beautiful alike. They set the amazing atmosphere that lingers throughout most of the game. I believe this game is a huge success, and I'm so glad it came out for PS3 owners to enjoy. The game oozes with quality, and you can see the care and love Bioware have put into it. Truly deserves it's high reputation. Expand
  26. Jan 28, 2011
    Mass effect 2 for PS3 at last....iv'e played through it on xbox360 and i have to say that the story is epic...i never bought the DLC for 360 which is why i got Mass effect 2 for PS3 complete with over 6hours of DLC missions included on the disc. First things first....do you need to play ME1 to understand ME2? - NO!...the included back story does a good job of filling you in on what happensMass effect 2 for PS3 at last....iv'e played through it on xbox360 and i have to say that the story is epic...i never bought the DLC for 360 which is why i got Mass effect 2 for PS3 complete with over 6hours of DLC missions included on the disc. First things first....do you need to play ME1 to understand ME2? - NO!...the included back story does a good job of filling you in on what happens in the previous game. Once the game boots up and you see the in game graphics up and running, you know your in for a treat...having played both PS3 and 360 versions of the game, i can say that the developers have made the PS3 sing, i was a bit worried that bioware would have done a half arsed port but they have come up trumps and improved on the already impressive 360 version. Mass effect 2 on PS3 is the definitive version of the game and is a must for any rpg/shooter fan. Anyone who rates the game at less than 8/10 is either a 360 fanboy and is sore at seeing yet another once 360 exclusive move to PS3 or they simply haven't played it......10 out of 10...it's only the end of January and already PS3 is out fighting with two of the best games ever created..Mass effect 2 and Little big planet 2 as well. Expand
  27. Jul 2, 2011
    Amazing game, one which keeps you hooked and you don't want to end. The characters, locations and story are so entralling you'll find it hard to put the controller down.
    Also the PS3 version, whilst cheap, features a host of DLC essentially for free and add a lot to the game in terms of new characters and locales. You don't want to miss out on Mass Effect 2. (having the interactive comic at the start allows for quick new games in which you can decide new ways to play the game, and set up a different perspective very easily. This adds a lot of replayability)
  28. Jan 18, 2011
    One of the best games ever made. I own this on pc, xbox and ps3 and I still want to pump my fist in the air and cheer for Shepard and my team when taking down the collectors.
  29. Feb 1, 2011
    This is the Empire Strikes Back of sequels. Even though the first one was on PS3 Bioware managed to treat us with a motion comic recapping the first game and yes you actually get to make decision which will affect the game and includes every DLC. Every minute I spent with it it grabs me emotionally on every decision I make. It make you believe that the characters are real people thanks toThis is the Empire Strikes Back of sequels. Even though the first one was on PS3 Bioware managed to treat us with a motion comic recapping the first game and yes you actually get to make decision which will affect the game and includes every DLC. Every minute I spent with it it grabs me emotionally on every decision I make. It make you believe that the characters are real people thanks to the marvellous acting and amazing dialogue.
    The RPG elements work very well, it isn't as complex like any RPG which is good news for newcomers or if an RPG fan wants a break from FFXIII.
    This is a must-buy for any PS3 owner and so can't wait for the third and final installment this year
  30. Jan 19, 2011
    I have been a fan of the franchise since the first game hit the 360. I bought it for that system bought the PC version and bought all three versions of Mass Effect 2. I will admit that some of the RPG elements have been stripped down and the game has seen a more "action" oriented style, but it works and the story telling and character development is still amazing. This is one of the rareI have been a fan of the franchise since the first game hit the 360. I bought it for that system bought the PC version and bought all three versions of Mass Effect 2. I will admit that some of the RPG elements have been stripped down and the game has seen a more "action" oriented style, but it works and the story telling and character development is still amazing. This is one of the rare franchises where I feel a connection to the characters and want to know more about them. Expand
  31. Apr 1, 2012
    Mass Effect 2 is a fantastic sci-fi third person shooter / RPG hybrid. It has an interesting plot filled with tons of dialogue trees and branching options. The graphics are beautiful and some of the vistas that the game throws up are truly breathtaking. The cover / shooter mechanics aren't perfect, but they work well enough to carry the action sequences. The combat is made more fun by theMass Effect 2 is a fantastic sci-fi third person shooter / RPG hybrid. It has an interesting plot filled with tons of dialogue trees and branching options. The graphics are beautiful and some of the vistas that the game throws up are truly breathtaking. The cover / shooter mechanics aren't perfect, but they work well enough to carry the action sequences. The combat is made more fun by the tactical element of using both your own and your squad-mate's biotic powers. Pulling up the skill menu every two seconds while in the middle of a raging battle can be a bit jarring at first, but it ultimately becomes second nature and reminds you that you are actually playing something a breed apart from other shooters. Despite suddenly ending just when it seems that the real adventure is about to begin, ME2 is a wonderful game that is a must for any science fiction fan. Expand
  32. Jan 28, 2011
    I genuinely cannot remember a game that has had me hooked, and trully engrossed like this for a long time. At present Iam now approximately 25hours in to the game and have seldom put the pad down....save for sleeping, eating, and Uni work of course. The story offers great variety in mission design and provides a great antagonist in the Collectors. The combat is solid, with great gunplayI genuinely cannot remember a game that has had me hooked, and trully engrossed like this for a long time. At present Iam now approximately 25hours in to the game and have seldom put the pad down....save for sleeping, eating, and Uni work of course. The story offers great variety in mission design and provides a great antagonist in the Collectors. The combat is solid, with great gunplay and battle commands mechanic that can only be likened to that of Uncharted 2. The main story will have you hooked, but the enjoyment of ME2 does not end here. There are many different planets and worlds to investigate and explore throughout the universe with side missions providing great entertainment and sources of intrigue into the world. As you meet/recruit new team members each has their very own compelling and well thought out backstory that seamlessly fits into the plotline of the main story. I would defy anyone to criticise this game as being short of perfect, its port to PS3 is one of absolute perfection; and failing a catastrophe in the storyline in the remaining time I have left to play this is a solid 10/10 from me. I would recomend this game to anyone that has waited so long for the Space adventure/RPG to be done to a fantasic standard. Adding to that, Bioware have including all the DLC created for the 360 version and included it for FREE, giving you even more story and value for your money. Already waiting tentatively to preorder Mass Effect 3 due for release Autumn 2011. This is ESSENTIAL Playstation gaming. Expand
  33. Nov 27, 2011
    Very good game. Interestingly, I maybe enjoyed it a little less than the first one, not because it's not a better game, but because some of the novelty wore off. Story was still fun, and I did find myself investing in the characters, which seems to be Mass Effect's strong suit. Gameplay still feels a bit stiff compared to, say, Gears of War. But it's still pretty good. For me, thisVery good game. Interestingly, I maybe enjoyed it a little less than the first one, not because it's not a better game, but because some of the novelty wore off. Story was still fun, and I did find myself investing in the characters, which seems to be Mass Effect's strong suit. Gameplay still feels a bit stiff compared to, say, Gears of War. But it's still pretty good. For me, this game is more of an 8.5. And I'll certainly buy the third one, if only to see how this epic story ends. Expand
  34. Jun 19, 2011
    Excellent game. Whats this new idea about having to print off the blinking manual? its a total nightmare if you don' t have access to a printer to start with!! That aside the team who made this did a fab job in the depth and layers the game consists of. Mirandas charms are worthy of a ten alone but your motivations for playing the game either way actually drive you in a compelling plot.Excellent game. Whats this new idea about having to print off the blinking manual? its a total nightmare if you don' t have access to a printer to start with!! That aside the team who made this did a fab job in the depth and layers the game consists of. Mirandas charms are worthy of a ten alone but your motivations for playing the game either way actually drive you in a compelling plot. The spaceship seems a bit complicated at first but its actually really simple in layout and the game moves along at just the right pace. You need a manual to understand the combat to start with though or it seems a bit complicated. Mining planets is really fun and the sub missions can make the game 40+ hours if you want it. Expand
  35. Feb 29, 2012
    Several glitched firefights and blemished cutscenes that are absolutely dwarfed by the game's profound lore, vivid colors, characters backed by excellent voice overs, and a veritable emphasis on ramifying decisions. Perhaps the Deus Ex: Human Revolution soundtrack would have fared as a tighter glove than Jack Wall's compositions in this sci-fi epic. Aside from that, the confluence ofSeveral glitched firefights and blemished cutscenes that are absolutely dwarfed by the game's profound lore, vivid colors, characters backed by excellent voice overs, and a veritable emphasis on ramifying decisions. Perhaps the Deus Ex: Human Revolution soundtrack would have fared as a tighter glove than Jack Wall's compositions in this sci-fi epic. Aside from that, the confluence of shooting behind cover along with the different types of powers is strategic and fun even on the highest difficulty. I wish developers would make more sci-fi RPGs of this caliber. Too many recent games, that when juxtaposed, have no relevancy among each other, but far too many things in common, such as a bunch of elves casting magic and dwarves wielding axes. Mass Effect 2 is my most beloved game yet because it breaks free of that. Expand
  36. Mar 26, 2011
    I am not that huge on first person shooters at all but I am big on RGPs. I played this and really enjoyed it. From the voice acting to the action to the story. the upgrades to each of your characters was indepth allowing you to form you character in almost any way you want. i give this only an 8 because again not a FPS guy.
  37. Jan 19, 2011
    This in an awesome game, and the PS3 version is the most complete version.
    but only buy if you haven't got xbox/pc because you can pick it up pretty cheap on the other formats
  38. Jan 20, 2011
    This game is great. Such a solid combat mechanic and great story. I'm glad it finally came to the PS3 as well, as I didn't want to buy it on the PC. Bioware never seems to disappoint.
  39. Jan 20, 2011
    One of the best Xbox games is finally on Playstation! As a fan of the first, I noticed big difference's. Graphics are the same the only thing that has changed is better character quality. A lot of bugs. Sound glitches are the most often. Nothing else I've seen happen. Mass Effect is still one of the best story games out there. Exploration is huge in this game. Also the ability to travelOne of the best Xbox games is finally on Playstation! As a fan of the first, I noticed big difference's. Graphics are the same the only thing that has changed is better character quality. A lot of bugs. Sound glitches are the most often. Nothing else I've seen happen. Mass Effect is still one of the best story games out there. Exploration is huge in this game. Also the ability to travel whenever you want is a big thumbs up! Getting to know your crew is the most interesting, actually getting to know their back story. Paragon and Renegade options are still amazingly put in to the game, just having the chance to play how you want to and gives you different replay choices. Like if you want to play as a Paragon or a Renegade, be hero everybody respects or an **** that everyone is afraid you no matter where you go. Mass Effect is a must own for PS3 owners! Expand
  40. Jan 23, 2011
    This is easily one of the best games I have ever played. The update in graphics makes this one of the best looking games made, the gameplay is every bit as tight as uncharted 2, and has probably one of the greatest and most intriguing story lines ever. As someone who never played the first ME i still had an immediate attachment to shepherd right from the first moving scene. and with theThis is easily one of the best games I have ever played. The update in graphics makes this one of the best looking games made, the gameplay is every bit as tight as uncharted 2, and has probably one of the greatest and most intriguing story lines ever. As someone who never played the first ME i still had an immediate attachment to shepherd right from the first moving scene. and with the ps3 getting the interactive novel which fills in the gaps from the first one, this game is a complete package, $20 dollars in free dlc, 1 free character, and a novel that fills in the gaps from the first one, bioware truly had the ps3 fans in mind on this one. dont rob yourself of this amazing game, if you like firefly, serenity, dune, star trek, or farscape, even the riddick movies, there is deffinately something here for you to love. Expand
  41. Jan 22, 2011
    One of the best games I've ever played, the story traps you from first to last minute, and the gameplay is just perfect.

Also the PS3 version is clearly better than the Xbox360 one.
  42. Jan 22, 2011
    Mass Effect 2 on the PS3, is simply amazing. The shooting is fun, conversations are interesting, and besides who doesn't like saving the human race and being able to hit people in the face. 10/10
  43. Jan 23, 2011
    Right up there with KOTOR as one of Bioware's crowning achievements, Mass Effect 2 on the PS3 looses some of it's potency without the ability to import saves from the original Mass Effect, but almost makes up for it with the included DLC.
  44. Jan 26, 2011
    An amazing game. I love RPGs and dont really like FPS, but this game mixes them both together in an intriguing story and excellent playability. I loved every second of it. Had never played ME 1 before trying this. After my heart settled down after first playthrough I rushed out to buy ME1 before playing them both twice back to back. I now have two different stories to continue when ME 3An amazing game. I love RPGs and dont really like FPS, but this game mixes them both together in an intriguing story and excellent playability. I loved every second of it. Had never played ME 1 before trying this. After my heart settled down after first playthrough I rushed out to buy ME1 before playing them both twice back to back. I now have two different stories to continue when ME 3 comes out...and I cant wait! Expand
  45. Mar 8, 2012
    What can we say....? Game of the year.... Incredible game with amazing and deep story. Finished it 4 times and every time was better. I am looking forward for me3.
  46. Jan 27, 2011
    ME2 was the last game I played before I traded in my 360 for a PS3, and I still bought it day one for the PS3, knowing full well every plot twist, and what every mission entailed. Any PS3 owner who hasn't played the Mass Effect series should jump into this now, before 3 comes out later this year. The interactive comic does a great job of summing up the first game as well for gamers whoME2 was the last game I played before I traded in my 360 for a PS3, and I still bought it day one for the PS3, knowing full well every plot twist, and what every mission entailed. Any PS3 owner who hasn't played the Mass Effect series should jump into this now, before 3 comes out later this year. The interactive comic does a great job of summing up the first game as well for gamers who never played the first, but it doesn't hold a candle to actually being able to experience the original in all of it's glory. The game looks better than it did on the 360 due to it running on ME3's engine, and all of the DLC being bundled into it from the start appealed directly to me as I was never able to play any of it when I first played it. If you don't own this, get it the first chance you can. Expand
  47. Jan 29, 2011
    This is a game that truly has it all. The graphics are smooth and stunning, the controls are just so good and well thought out and the story, oh my god the story is just amazing, you really get caught up in it. The replayabillety is good, because you have so many different choices to make and different classes to use on commander Shepard and lets not forget the additional DLC`s from theThis is a game that truly has it all. The graphics are smooth and stunning, the controls are just so good and well thought out and the story, oh my god the story is just amazing, you really get caught up in it. The replayabillety is good, because you have so many different choices to make and different classes to use on commander Shepard and lets not forget the additional DLC`s from the Playstation Store. You can also use hours and hours exploring the vast galaxy for hidden bases and minerals for diverse upgrades, both to the Normandy and to your self and your crew.

This game is just a must have and i give it both thumbs up! Go buy it, you wont regret it:) This truly is a 10/10 game
  48. Jan 29, 2011
    Excellent game. Game-play includes shooting and using your squad members strategically. Fun side quests and o.k. farming mini-games. High replay value and good role playing friendly story. I enjoyed the leveling up system for your team members, ship and game protagonist's powers.
  49. Feb 2, 2011
    Of playstation games to come out in 2011 so far, Mass effect 2 hits the nail on the head for all avid open world rpg gamers. Some negative reviews talk about the XBox version being better and more fluid with frame rates and better coding from microsoft, yet i have both consoles and both games on each and would say there is little difference between the two. The only reason i did not giveOf playstation games to come out in 2011 so far, Mass effect 2 hits the nail on the head for all avid open world rpg gamers. Some negative reviews talk about the XBox version being better and more fluid with frame rates and better coding from microsoft, yet i have both consoles and both games on each and would say there is little difference between the two. The only reason i did not give this game a perfect score was that the sheer vastness of the 70+ hour game makes it very difficult to follow the main story line when each and every different side quest leads you further and further away from it. Gameplay and customising of character is flawless with the ability to change and equip 1000's of different weapons and armour perfecting the best build for each character. Love the free DLC PS network provides, keep it coming i say. Expand
  50. Mar 29, 2011
    Great game, very addictive. love the liberty like in fallout to choose your path. When you are engaged in battle, it turns into a First person Shooter game. The companion AI is quite smart, rather than running striaght into a fight, they actually run for cover then attack. The dialogue is a bit unnatural, i played with shephard, and his tone at times didn't match the conversation, butGreat game, very addictive. love the liberty like in fallout to choose your path. When you are engaged in battle, it turns into a First person Shooter game. The companion AI is quite smart, rather than running striaght into a fight, they actually run for cover then attack. The dialogue is a bit unnatural, i played with shephard, and his tone at times didn't match the conversation, but otherwise it was a great run. Can hardly wait for mass effect 3. Some people keep mentioning how many bugs they had, i must say that l played the game for over 3 hrs at times and didn't encounter any issues. Expand
  51. Feb 11, 2013
    I wasn't sure while I was playing it, but after beating it, I can say this: Mass Effect 2 is one of the greatest games of all time. It has to be. Once it was over, I found myself in awe of what I had completed. The characters I had met and the characters I had watched die the places I had gone, and the story I had been told... it all left me with a sense of longing. I wanted to be inI wasn't sure while I was playing it, but after beating it, I can say this: Mass Effect 2 is one of the greatest games of all time. It has to be. Once it was over, I found myself in awe of what I had completed. The characters I had met and the characters I had watched die the places I had gone, and the story I had been told... it all left me with a sense of longing. I wanted to be in this world. I believe that is an indicator of what Mass Effect really is: a fantastic science fiction story. It is a complete experience that can't be properly enjoyed but "trying it out". It must be played in its entirety. And, like the best sci-fi stories, I'm excited for the future of this series, beyond Mass Effect 3. Expand
  52. May 20, 2011
    Great game, improvement from the 1st. Great storyline, which is what I'm most looking from an RPG. I've played too many RPGs recently with boring quests and dry predictable storyline, this game is more ambitious than that.
  53. Feb 19, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's simply the best game I have ever played.
    I played it through three times on the xbox and now 2 times on the PS 3. Graphics haven't improved as much as everyone is saying but it's still, after the PC version, the best version to get.
  54. Feb 22, 2011
    This is the best RPG ever. The graphics and voice acting are top notch. The conversation system is both incredibly detailed and easy to operate. Not to mention that it has great gameplay, with both fun shooting and biotic powers.It also has athe best cast of characters from any game i've played
  55. Feb 23, 2011
    Though streamlined(some would say stripped) compared to Mass Effect,this is one of the finest games ever made.Armed with what I consider to be the best story(and writing) outside of Bioshock,ME2 cuts a swathe through the galaxy.However,It can have a repetitive mission structure,some boring mini-games and average side quests.But who cares?Do yourself a favour and buy it.If you don't have aThough streamlined(some would say stripped) compared to Mass Effect,this is one of the finest games ever made.Armed with what I consider to be the best story(and writing) outside of Bioshock,ME2 cuts a swathe through the galaxy.However,It can have a repetitive mission structure,some boring mini-games and average side quests.But who cares?Do yourself a favour and buy it.If you don't have a 360 and Mass effect,buy those too.Then pray for ME 3 to arrive quickly.( 'A conversation with Sovereign' on youtube will convince you) Expand
  56. Feb 28, 2011
    Great game, really entertaining. If you like Knights of the Old republic, you'll love this game. With many optional side quests you can play the long game or a shorter game focussing on just the main quest. Nice movies and voice overs. A must!
  57. Mar 4, 2011
    Fantastic game! A worthy sequel indeed. The game itself offers a super catching story and the combat have been improved since the first game. You like sci-fi? You like RPG's that actually have a story? You feel like spending the next 10 hours with cola and twinkies? - buy Mass Effect 2, its worth it.
  58. Mar 5, 2011
    If you want to buy this game and the game like this one cheaply, there is a new trustable original game key web site, and recommend it to your friends. you can just visit it and see the prices ;
  59. Mar 24, 2011
    Taken for what this game is; an interactive cinematic experience, it's the best. The third person shooter aspect has been improved (myself having played ME1 on the PC), but instead of improving on the inventory system, the just got rid of it. Sad to see that happen because that takes away the immersiveness that the first game had. Also gone is the interaction with your companions. InsteadTaken for what this game is; an interactive cinematic experience, it's the best. The third person shooter aspect has been improved (myself having played ME1 on the PC), but instead of improving on the inventory system, the just got rid of it. Sad to see that happen because that takes away the immersiveness that the first game had. Also gone is the interaction with your companions. Instead your limited to having converstations with them only during the time you are allowed to complete their quests. The good about this game is the voice acting. Aliens are well played that evokes Star Trek shows or Babylon 5. Alas, the monotone male-Shepard has returned. The customation is still limited in this game so I still go with the default Shepard. I'd like to finish by saying I was enthralled with this game and loved my ending. I plan on importing my first playthrough to Mass Effect 3 (Oh yeah, I will get ME3!) I played through a second time and found myself getting bored with the game play...It doesn't seem the game outcome changes at all no matter if you are playing a paragon or a rouge...which makes me wonder if all our choices are really just illusions? I don't think I can play this a third time. Expand
  60. Mar 11, 2011
    An incredible game. There are elements not for everyone, such as the customization sought by hardcore RPG fans. But Bioware does a fantastic job of integrating large elements of the traditional RPG with the fast-paced gaming of an action game. For those who appreciate both, this game is a must.
  61. Apr 3, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I remember when i first heard about Mass Effect 2.

I am a huge fan of Dragon Age and i finished it around 7 times (on PC and PS3 combined) and when i first heard about Mass Effect 2, i just simply had to play it, but never got the chance (since i am a PS3 gamer...) But when BioWare announced that they were making a PS3 version of the game, it made my day.
    Mass Effect 2 got the same spirit as Dragon Age; Romancing option, companions, making your own decisions, you can choose to be a male or a female, and all the RPG stuff..

I bought Mass Effect 2 on the first day and wasn't disappointed.
    It was much better than i thought it would be, and i wasn't too hyped for Dragon Age anymore.. Mass Effect 2 was the new Dragon Age in my eyes.

Pros:

- Magnificent graphics that just blew my mind
    - Very realistic and as you play, you want to make sure you keep your team alive through the suicide mission, as you will see this isn't a game that you give a crap about everything and want to 'kill this one or this one for fun'
    - Every decision you make has an effect on Mass Effect 3
    - 10/10 in voice-acting
    - Romancing aliens
    - Very Re-playable as you can be Good (Paragon) or Evil (Renegade) and make a lot of choices
    - Great combat system
    - Many different classes to choose from

Cons:

- Can be a little buggy sometimes

Overall i give Mass Effect 2: 10/10

Strongly recommended.
  62. Mar 13, 2011
    One of the best games ever made. A little bit worse than ME1 ( no freeroaming in the citadel, instead you get loading screens) but comes damn close. Mordin is one of the best characters I've ever seen in a videogame.
  63. Oct 16, 2011
    this game is an amazing game on so many levels and although it is not on the same rpg level as fallout it comes very close. i have not been able to stop playing this game since i got it because of the amazing story graphics and gameplay. first ill start with the story it is just amazingly told and it makes you want to get to the next part so you can see what will happen next the voicethis game is an amazing game on so many levels and although it is not on the same rpg level as fallout it comes very close. i have not been able to stop playing this game since i got it because of the amazing story graphics and gameplay. first ill start with the story it is just amazingly told and it makes you want to get to the next part so you can see what will happen next the voice acting is also top notch from every charachter except for Sheppard which kind of sounds like a robot sometimes but this is easily over looked as well all the people you can recruit each have thier own quest that can be done which gives each a deeper meaning in the grand scheme of things. The graphics are also breath taking with each enviroment so rich in color and detail and the fact that everything looks so real is just icing on the cake i have found myself just standing in one spot for a little bit longer than i probably should so i can just look at everything and take it all in. there is also never a lack of resources in this game to buy and upgrade stuff with since you can get money easily if you are patient and dont just zip through each place without looking at anything and if you want to upgrade your equipment but dont have enough rescources it is also very easy to get those as well you just need to pick a planet and harvest the resources from there. there is only one thing i can complain about in this game i wish that there was more than one way to end a mission instead of it always ending the same way but this is no big deal. this game is the compleate package with a greatt story, comedy, lots of side quests and great graphics this game is a must have for any serious RPG gamers out there Expand
  64. Mar 15, 2011
    Mass Effect 2 delivers on its promise to merge the shooting and (albeit light) RPG genres into one delightful package. The engrossing narrative and vibrant atmosphere never felt dull or contrived, and in the games final hours you can't help but feel that you are an integral part of the action as you battle your way towards ME2's epic conclusion. That being said I wish that the RPGMass Effect 2 delivers on its promise to merge the shooting and (albeit light) RPG genres into one delightful package. The engrossing narrative and vibrant atmosphere never felt dull or contrived, and in the games final hours you can't help but feel that you are an integral part of the action as you battle your way towards ME2's epic conclusion. That being said I wish that the RPG portion of the game was more fleshed out i.e. companion armor, more equipment and shield choices, as well a full fledged loot system. I also found the difficulty system to be a bit unbalanced, the game too easy on normal or lower which makes most ammo and biotic talents useless and unnecessary. I actually found that ME2 truly shined on insanity difficulty when it forced you to think tactically because taking almost any damage was simply not an option. A great example of this is at any point when you encounter husks. Husks are armored at higher difficulties and you and your team can easily get swarmed and die in seconds. Cryo ammo, which I honestly gave up using during my first normal difficulty play-through, became my best friend. Had I never played ME2 on insanity difficulty, I feel this review score might be several points lower because I would have failed to truly understand the finer points of ME2's mechanics. Overall I found the graphics, voice acting, animations, and environment design to be on par or better than most games this generation, and only one notable glitch during Tali's recruitment mission which occurred on both of my play-throughs. Definitely worth picking up if you like shooters blended with RPG elements. Expand
  65. May 18, 2011
    Without a doubt my favorite game of all time.. rich immersive story; Excellent voice acting and action sequences, Breath taking sound design.. i enjoyed this game so much i bought it on PC, PS3 and again for my Son on Xbox 360.. if you havent played this game what are you waiting for
  66. Mar 15, 2011
    Played 30 hours without even realizing I did it. Not even COD did that for me. Brilliant, deep, well voice-acted writing, enthralling plot. Engrossing interactions. Action and face animations might not always be perfect, but the single best one-player experience of my life.
  67. Mar 15, 2011
    Where to begin? Do you like shooters similar to Gears of War? How about role playing games? Well you get both with Mass Effect 2! Featuring an incredible story, but also great game-play to back it up. This will be the best game you ever spend your hard earned cash on! (Unless BioWare tops ME2 with Mass Effect 3) Don't be a fool and pick up this must have game now. If it helps, I just beatWhere to begin? Do you like shooters similar to Gears of War? How about role playing games? Well you get both with Mass Effect 2! Featuring an incredible story, but also great game-play to back it up. This will be the best game you ever spend your hard earned cash on! (Unless BioWare tops ME2 with Mass Effect 3) Don't be a fool and pick up this must have game now. If it helps, I just beat this game for a third time and am still not bored of it. Expand
  68. Mar 17, 2011
    A great masterpiece, all the download content until date in one Blu-ray disc, with a better engine and ready for the incoming sequel at the playstation world.
  69. Mar 17, 2011
    Good game, miss exploring random planets and having tons of incoming distress signals etc to keep me busy. ME 2 's combat is much better. The romances add depth to the characters in the game and make the party feel alive.

Having said that I didn't like being railroaded into helping Cerberus do anything - it should have been a choice.
  70. May 27, 2011
    The last game I played before this was Dragon Age 2 and having felt badly let down by that game I decided to give Bioware a chance to redeem themselves by getting myself a copy of Mass Effect 2. Having finished the game recently I was very glad I did. Wow, what a game this is. Sci-fi isn't usually my thing but having started the game I was instantly sucked into the amazing story andThe last game I played before this was Dragon Age 2 and having felt badly let down by that game I decided to give Bioware a chance to redeem themselves by getting myself a copy of Mass Effect 2. Having finished the game recently I was very glad I did. Wow, what a game this is. Sci-fi isn't usually my thing but having started the game I was instantly sucked into the amazing story and great characters of the Mass Effect world. The combat was interesting and fun and no matter how many waves of enemies I faced on the various planets I never got bored of fighting my way through the levels. I enjoyed meeting and getting to know the companions and using their various abilities to help me through. Also doing their loyalty quests was fun and I enjoyed some of the side quests, taking great pleasure in exploring and finding the beacons on various planets. The story throughout the game felt like I was in a film at times and building to the climatic finale left me finding myself saying wow, that was a great game, when it was over. The only slight criticisms I have of the game was I found scanning the planets for resources a bit tiresome sometimes and I would have liked to have been able to talk to my romance option much more than I could. I enjoy the romance aspect of bioware games and it's nice to be able to have chats and cut scenes with your chosen love interest sometimes for a bit of light relief from the main campaign so I felt this could have been fleshed out a bit more as after 2 or 3 chats with them I just kept getting the same dialogue repeated until the end of the game. I understand you can't expect to have different conversations with characters every time you do a quest but to have a new one every 3 or 4 quests would be nice. Overall due to these slight criticisms I give the game 9.8 out of 10 but as I have to put a round number I've given 10. I just really hope Bioware in future gives us more quality games like this one than the one I played before it. Expand
  71. Mar 20, 2011
    I loved the original even with all the graphical glitches. I was happy that ME2 fixed that problem. With BioWares new trend of dumbing down there games is starting to turn me off to buying there games at launch. Having said that, this game is still leaps and bounds better that anything in this genre. The only reason i'm giving this game a 8 is because they regressed, in terms of game-play.I loved the original even with all the graphical glitches. I was happy that ME2 fixed that problem. With BioWares new trend of dumbing down there games is starting to turn me off to buying there games at launch. Having said that, this game is still leaps and bounds better that anything in this genre. The only reason i'm giving this game a 8 is because they regressed, in terms of game-play. The original had real strategy to it, this is a shot it till it dies hack'n'slash shoot'em up. It was the story that kept me playing not the game-play. Expand
  72. Mar 21, 2011
    A brilliant addition to the RPG market. Simply an excellent game. Sure it may have a few cracks around the edges but the story immerses you so heavily that you won't even notice. I've played it over and over and each time choosing new options and paths to take. A must buy for any RPG/Sci-Fi fan.
  73. sdg
    Dec 26, 2011
    The game is an absolute classic. Positives - Good story, strong characters and voice acting, good combat system, numerous missions, smooth graphics - glitch free (atleast for me), replayable using various classes.

Negatives - None
  74. Jan 27, 2012
    This game proved to be a christmas cracker for me. After purchasing Mass Effect 2 for a ridiculous price I have to admit I wasn't expecting much but buying this game turned into one of the best decisions I ever made. From the very first moment you sense you are about to experience something awesome. As a newcomer I didn't know what happened in Mass Effect thankfully Bioware included aThis game proved to be a christmas cracker for me. After purchasing Mass Effect 2 for a ridiculous price I have to admit I wasn't expecting much but buying this game turned into one of the best decisions I ever made. From the very first moment you sense you are about to experience something awesome. As a newcomer I didn't know what happened in Mass Effect thankfully Bioware included a comic-book style into for you to put yourself into the position as Commander John Shepard and decide how things went in the first Mass Effect. The story then picks up from the original where your ship, Normandy, comes under attack and ultimately ends up with Shepard dying. However, his body is retrieved by a human-supremacist organization, Cerberus fronted by the Illusive Man. Shepard realizes that the Reapers were responsible for the attack on the Normandy. They were working by proxy through a group called the Collectors who have been responsible for human colonies disappearing throughout the galaxy. And that's ME2 in a nutshell, this leads you to recruit a diverse team of individuals, gain their loyalty and prepare to stop the Collectors on a suicide mission. It might sound complicated but believe me it's actually simple to follow and truly engrossing from the start. This is where Mass Effect set's itself apart. It has a genuinely outstanding story where every decision you make has consequences at any stage of the game and in the overall context of the story including the final "suicide mission." Its epic and reminds you why you play games and that's not where it ends because now there is also plenty of DLC available to enhance your experience. The gameplay is effortless. Bioware have really got things under control when it comes to that department. It's also vastly rewarding as after each mission you play you can upgrade your weapons, the Normandy and your squad in any way you want in preparation for the final mission. There's also unlockable's which you can achieve via each level. Customization is also available deciding how you look it's not the most important aspect but definetly a good addition nonetheless. Where Mass Effect excels are the interactions between each character. It's just genius. Each conversation is interesting and ultimately will have a baring on how you play things out, you can choose to be impartial, be the hero or be the bad ass, what's not to like?!? When it comes down to it it's not just interesting and epic it's fun, and awesome fun, you will find minutes turning into hours and time will disappear infront of you as you become engaged in Bioware's amazing game, even simple activites like scanning planets for valuable subject's to improve your armory. There is so much to be had in the ME world the possibilities are endless and you will constantly come back to replay things differently and see how it ends up! It just doesn't disappoint at all all the way to the epic, unforgettable final suicide mission. Games nowadays often can leave you thinking I just went through all that for this... but not Mass Effect it's an incredible ending to a phenomenal game. Graphically it's impressive. Each planet is different and therefore, naturally has a different feel and look about it which is always a good thing as each setting has something fresh and vibrant to offer along with the inhabitants off the planet, honestly you will see everything! If i'm being honest I never wanted this game to end. It's an unforgettable, mesmerizing experience that is without question one of, if not, the greatest RPG games ever to be made! This game will grab you and not let you. An outstanding story with solid substance and incredible intrigue combined with awesome action and clever cut-scenes. In general this game was everything you could possibly want! From start to an epic and quite unbelievable ending you will be experiencing one of the best games ever made, period! You owe it to yourself and your console to buy this, especially with Mass Effect 3 around the corner!!! Expand
  75. Mar 26, 2011
    The Mass Effect Saga always will be a masterpiece on any platform and it's not different on Sony console. Incredible graphics, sound and a good crafted Sci-Fi story makes this game unique. Unfortunately the PS3 version do not aim accurately right in some major facts about the character's story, First Normandy members, and the decisions on all the course of the story that the original MassThe Mass Effect Saga always will be a masterpiece on any platform and it's not different on Sony console. Incredible graphics, sound and a good crafted Sci-Fi story makes this game unique. Unfortunately the PS3 version do not aim accurately right in some major facts about the character's story, First Normandy members, and the decisions on all the course of the story that the original Mass Effect game had, which leaves incomplete the storytelling about the first game. Bioware did right but all the emotion from the first game can't be described in a sort of Interactive Comic Book. To finish I need to tell that Bioware didn't go wrong on bring Mass Effect to PS3, it certainly gave the developer a bunch of new fans, including me. Expand
  76. Mar 31, 2011
    Un jeu hyper puissant, un scénario en béton et un gameplay bien géré, l'exploration spatiale est au rendez-vous, rien à redire sur ce jeu que tout fan de RPG doivent posséder sur PS3, dommage que le 1 ne seras jamais sur le même support, mais la BD interactive résume parfaitement leUn jeu hyper puissant, un scénario en béton et un gameplay bien géré, l'exploration spatiale est au rendez-vous, rien à redire sur ce jeu que tout fan de RPG doivent posséder sur PS3, dommage que le 1 ne seras jamais sur le même support, mais la BD interactive résume parfaitement le premier opus, et les DLC sont d'une très bonne qualité.
    Bref un super jeu arrive sur PS3, maintenant j'ai plus qu'à attendre la suite qui s'annonce passionnante.
  77. Feb 26, 2012
    I'm impressed , surprised, wowed , satisfied and most of all happy . Bioware did not just perfected the story , it made it an impact in our lives with those decisions . Its gorgeous and brilliant , it surpass in every standard its predecessor , and makes everything right . Combat wasn't a strong point in the last one but, the sequel makes a high step , above and far away , combined with aI'm impressed , surprised, wowed , satisfied and most of all happy . Bioware did not just perfected the story , it made it an impact in our lives with those decisions . Its gorgeous and brilliant , it surpass in every standard its predecessor , and makes everything right . Combat wasn't a strong point in the last one but, the sequel makes a high step , above and far away , combined with a better strategical parts . Amazing Expand
  78. Apr 12, 2011
    Amazing experience! Never have I completed a game and then immediately wanted to play it all over again just to see the story from a different perspective! Simply incredible... The action scenes are intense and not once have I been bored! Well done Mass Effect... go straight to the top of the class!
  79. Apr 14, 2011
    Xbox 360 had this game a long time ago, and now it's on the PS3, Since I owed it for xbox 360, I rented it for ps3 just to see if it was any better. It's the same damn game.
  80. Apr 19, 2011
    I bought this game as it was cheap and wasn't sure if I'd like it or not but I can say that Mass Effect 2 is, without exception, the best game I have ever played on the PS3. It is completely immersive, action packed and compelling. True, some of the audio in the cut scenes is a little glitchy but it's completely forgiveable when you consider the sheer volume of dialogue that had to beI bought this game as it was cheap and wasn't sure if I'd like it or not but I can say that Mass Effect 2 is, without exception, the best game I have ever played on the PS3. It is completely immersive, action packed and compelling. True, some of the audio in the cut scenes is a little glitchy but it's completely forgiveable when you consider the sheer volume of dialogue that had to be recorded.
    I was a bit worried going in that I hadn't played Mass Effect but the digital comic included with the PS3 version does a great job of filling in the back-story and allows you to make the crucial decisions from the first game. A "quick" hours play frequently turned into 3 or 4 hours for me as you get sucked into the storyline and can't help but do just one more mission. The tension builds throughout and I can honestly say I have never been so nervous going into a final battle - I mean, it's a video game for goodness sake but I was so involved, it had that affect on me !!
    Another great feature of the PS3 version is the 6+ hours of DLC included for free which all helps to flesh out the story.
    For me, this is an absolute must have for your game collection. Now roll on Mass Effect 3. In the mean time I'll settle for another play through of Mass Effect 2 !!!
  81. Apr 28, 2011
    No review would be fair to this game. Mass Effect 2 is not a game, it is an experience. It must not be "played", this is too mundane. It must be lived. I've been playing games since the 80's and I say, without doubt, this is one of the best games I have ever played. It is in my Hall of Fame, together with Shadow of The Colossus, Chrono Trigger and other few gaming gems. I give it 11 out of 10.
  82. Apr 25, 2011
    Mass Effect 2 Has easily climbed into my top PS3 games in my library. From start to finish, Mass Effect 2 makes sure there is never a dull moment in the game. Graphically, the game looks very nice and detailed. But that is not the draw for this game. The story of Mass Effect 2 is brilliant. Bioware has captured lightning in a bottle with this series, and I constantly found myself drawn toMass Effect 2 Has easily climbed into my top PS3 games in my library. From start to finish, Mass Effect 2 makes sure there is never a dull moment in the game. Graphically, the game looks very nice and detailed. But that is not the draw for this game. The story of Mass Effect 2 is brilliant. Bioware has captured lightning in a bottle with this series, and I constantly found myself drawn to the characters of the game. Besides the story and the awesome characters of ME2, the gameplay is fun and the mechanics allow you to attack a situation in many different styles if you so choose. For example, you can run into a fight guns-a-blazin, or you can be a tacticle sniper using powers and carefully placed head shots to eliminate enemies quickly. ME2 is a rare game that does a lot of things, but also does all of these things very well. Some may knock the game for having no multiplayer component to it, but those of you who have played the game understand that this game definitely does not need a multiplayer. But there are other valid arguments which I will discuss that put a very tiny smudge on the armor of an otherwise amazing game. -----Cons:------ ME2 seems to be unsure how to handle itself under one specific situation. Is it linear or is it a sand-box? While not on a mission you are free to travel anywhere in the vast universe you want which is awesome. But once you begin a mission there is pretty much a set corse you have to take to complete the mission and you can't deviate much if at all. This is not a major gripe, because this game still manages to handle this well by offering plenty of enemies and perfectly paced story being delivered throughout every mission. ME2 uses the cover system for fights and does it well for the most part. But ME2 has absolutely no "ambush" factor in any of the fights. Once you enter a room you can tell right away if you are going to get attacked by enemies because you will see hundreds of perfectly placed chest-high walls. To me this detracts from the game slightly, because at no point in the game will you be surprised or caught off guard by an enemy. If they are going to stick with the same system for ME3 they need to be able to handle these situations better, and be able to mix in a variety of battles not just chest-high wall shoot outs otherwise the game will feel more like a shooting gallery than a shooter. ----Final Thoughts----- Even though ME2 can be at times "linear" and fights can be predictable at times, The story and the mechanics of the game just seem to overcome these obsticales like a champ. ME2 is a fun game, and has a ton of replay value because of all the different choices you can make. You can't possibly make all the same choices in 1 play through, and some of these choices can drastically change your game. This game is close to perfect. But still needs just a little more work and polish before it can be called a perfect game. But Mass Effect 2 comes damn close to it. Final score................9/10. Expand
  83. Apr 22, 2011
    This here is the perfect example that arpg's are no longer in the shadow of the jrpg's. This is by far the best rpg i have ever played in this current generation of console's. Still not good enough to beat ff7-8&9 but maybe that's me being an nostalgic to the epicness that i felt back in the days lol
  84. May 15, 2011
    I would argue that ME2 is the best game made to date. The story is immersive, the gameplay is exciting and smooth, the voice acting is phenomanal, and the characters are incredible. 10/10 in every aspect.
  85. May 27, 2011
    Mass Effect 2 is a reason to buy to a next-gen system and start playing video games if you ever needed a reason. From the start of this one, you're flying through the darkest corners of space all to somehow stop a sentient race of machines from destroying civilization as we've come to know it.
    The storyline is great, the graphics are beautiful, the gameplay is tight as are the controls. The voice acting is top notch with 5 star actors such as Martin Sheen playing the role of the Illusive Man. Joker is also played by Buffy's own Seth Green, who is hilarious everytime he opens his mouth or breaks a bone(you'll see what I mean when you play!)
    Get up and go buy this game right now. RIGHT NOW!
  86. May 28, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Because of how deep this game takes you, it's worth it buying the DLC. The bugs are passable, even. I've done everything in this game and am looking forward to future DLC. I especially love the many choices you can make. A-ma-zing. Good or bad Shepard? Choice is yours! Expand
  87. Jun 3, 2011
    This game is in my top 10 ever played games, and that says a lot. The story is amazing, characters are amazing and the graphics are nearly perfect. To like this game you must have a interest in the story otherwise you will be bored in a halve hour that's for sure. But even then you should go to a doctor when you do not like this game. So therefore a 9.8.
  88. Jul 7, 2011
    Simply put, one of the GREATEST games i have ever played. If you love RPGs then you should buy this game, if you love third persons shooters you should buy this game, if you want a game with an amazing story that lets you choose your own path and make your own decisions then you should buy this game. I guess what I am saying is BUY THIS GAME.
  89. Apr 6, 2012
    The game is great and I really enjoyed playing it. The story is outstanding and the gameplay is fun making it one of my favourite games ever. The PS3 version also contains most of the DLC and a comic to get to know the story behind the original game since it was never released for the PS3.
  90. Jun 16, 2011
    Mass Effect 2 is an epic that is even better on the PS3. I heard of many bugs in the PS3 version. But I didn't run into any bugs and I also didn't notice dropping frame rates. This is the best sci-fi game I've ever played!!!!!!
  91. Jul 13, 2011
    The surprising event to occur at the start of ME2 got me very intrigued on my first play through and as the story unfolded I became hooked in anticipation. ME2 is not a good game because it improves on the short comings of Mass Effect 1, its good because it has an interesting story and setting that has depth and things are at stake to care about, well designed characters aesthetically andThe surprising event to occur at the start of ME2 got me very intrigued on my first play through and as the story unfolded I became hooked in anticipation. ME2 is not a good game because it improves on the short comings of Mass Effect 1, its good because it has an interesting story and setting that has depth and things are at stake to care about, well designed characters aesthetically and with personality, the decision making is not only ambitious but is pulled off very well, brilliantly and originally designed environments, creatures, costume and armour, and technically performs well at least on my PC with game play that feels satisfyingly good. The characters are good and memorable, I actually felt dread when some of them die, if you dont fall in love with Garrus, Tali, Legion, and Thane by the end of ME2 you have problems, I even grew attached to the space ship. I also want to make a big shout out to the legendary soundtrack, everyone must download the track Suicide Mission from Itunes now, its freaken awesome. The lack of depth in the RPG at first seems like a good thing as the shooting mechanics are good but after playing the game for over 60 hours it starts to show is thin side and has you missing some of the lacking RPG of the first game. I also dont think the decisions a player can make are perfect, who in their right mine didnt save the alien counsel in ME1? Who didnt save Wrex? But overall ME2 is a remarkable achievement and a new benchmark for modern single player games! Expand
  92. Aug 15, 2014
    Mass Effect 3 could have been the best of the series, but unfortunately, I have to give it to ME2. That is NOT to say that ME3 is bad; it is a MUST play, and its ending is quite great, once you have the Extended Cut. But the reason why I say ME2 is better is because it's give you more freedom in speaking, which is one of the things which made the series spectacular in the first place. InMass Effect 3 could have been the best of the series, but unfortunately, I have to give it to ME2. That is NOT to say that ME3 is bad; it is a MUST play, and its ending is quite great, once you have the Extended Cut. But the reason why I say ME2 is better is because it's give you more freedom in speaking, which is one of the things which made the series spectacular in the first place. In ME3, while you you still make the major decisions, I feel like I've lost too much freedom in deciding what Shepard says. Combat mechanics, however, are better in ME3. But in any case, get this game. Get ALL of the Mass Effect games. Expand
  93. Aug 12, 2011
    I would definitely buy the PS3 version of Mass Effect 2 over the Xbox 360 version. The PS3 Mass Effect 2 has all of the DLC's and has very improved visuals. I would recommend that you go to your local Gamestop and pick this game up immediately.
  94. Oct 2, 2011
    This games is brilliant. Its all that i expected and more. All the cities and planets really contribute to the intense story. The weapons were great and the dialog really make you feel emotion and it never lets up, talk to the different squad members, discover their backstory is so much fun. Also if you do missions for them and complete them successfully then they will become loyal andThis games is brilliant. Its all that i expected and more. All the cities and planets really contribute to the intense story. The weapons were great and the dialog really make you feel emotion and it never lets up, talk to the different squad members, discover their backstory is so much fun. Also if you do missions for them and complete them successfully then they will become loyal and help you more in those critical moments at the end. There is only one thing that annoyed me, there is no jump button, you have the option to vault over some cover to reach to slightly higher places but not being able to walk over so cover that is about knee height is so annoying and could have been fixed so easily but other than that it is a really great experience and i had a lot of fun and that last mission is so intense it will definitely get your heart pumping and it really sets it up for Mass Effect 3. Don't leave this game in your pile of shame. 10/10 Expand
  95. Aug 2, 2011
    Mas effect 2 one ofthe best games what I have played. The rpg system is unique and clever and the game feels funnier when you have two allies trough the game. The main story was really good. If you havent bought this game yet go and buy this now!
  96. Aug 1, 2011
    Mass effect is actually close to being the only shooter i have ever enjoyed, and then again i enjoyed it so much it was almost scary. There is no need for explanation why this game is good, for there are no words to describe that, you just have to experience it for you self.
  97. Sep 8, 2011
    If you think Mass Effect 2 were cool back when it was released for the PC and the 360, well think again, 'cause the PS3 version is way better. You'll be getting better graphics, a better game engine, and what's more? You'll be getting all dlcs.... for FREE!! Excluding the boring Arrival dlc, Yay! Mass Effect 2 has an intriguing storyline and is a direct sequel to the first instalment.If you think Mass Effect 2 were cool back when it was released for the PC and the 360, well think again, 'cause the PS3 version is way better. You'll be getting better graphics, a better game engine, and what's more? You'll be getting all dlcs.... for FREE!! Excluding the boring Arrival dlc, Yay! Mass Effect 2 has an intriguing storyline and is a direct sequel to the first instalment. Couldn't play it 'cause you have a PS3? No worries, you'll be getting an interactive comic at the start of the game to learn what happened in Mass Effect 1. The characters are likable, choices are fun, and the game has some bad@ss moments (especially when triggering renegade actions. Okay, but the game isn't perfect of course. Some bad points would be the gameplay. If you play on Normal and higher difficulty, you'll find that during combat, everytime you stick your head out you'll definitely get shot even though there are 3 of you in your squad. This is annoying and unrealistic. And therefore, combat is lacking. You can't jump, you can't roll, the combat is plain and basic. Graphics are alright but nowhere near the best (Bioware are NOT known for good graphics anyway). Character creation/customisation is very limited and can't exactly create anyone you like.. It's not a very long game, 20-30 hours at most. But overall, I really enjoyed the epicness of the game despite its flaws. So if you haven't already pick this one up, take my word if you're an RPG fan this game is a must. Expand
  98. Aug 3, 2011
    I'm not a sci-fi fan and, being a ps3 owner I had not paid any attention to this game but, my god, once I played it, it became apparent that this really is something special. The combat is amazing. The RPG element is fun. Everything put together and this really is one of the greatest games of all time.
  99. Aug 1, 2012
    This is really the first game that I've had that has really pulled me in. Some people compare it to a movie, but I compare it to any long running TV show where you really get to know and identify with the characters. Anyone who says this is worse that Mass Effect 1 is delusional. This game is so much better organized and visually appealing. The first game was kind of a mess. It was good,This is really the first game that I've had that has really pulled me in. Some people compare it to a movie, but I compare it to any long running TV show where you really get to know and identify with the characters. Anyone who says this is worse that Mass Effect 1 is delusional. This game is so much better organized and visually appealing. The first game was kind of a mess. It was good, but a mess. This is streamlined, but you don't lose anything from the streamlining. The writing for this game is great. The graphics aren't amazing, but they present the game well. The length of the game varies greatly. The top end is probably between 40-50 hours. The lower end: 20-30 hours. More games are going to the silent protagonist, which I believe is easier to write for. But, this game allows you to truly make your speaking protagonist in any way you want. Expand
  100. Aug 13, 2011
    Mass Effect 2 is an "amazing" game. Simply put. The storyline is well crafted to something brilliant. Game-play is fun and exciting. Since Mass Effect 2 arrived to the PS3, the graphics are stunning in HD. Mass Effect 2 will last you for about 30 hours. And there is PLENTY of replay value with side quests, decision making, and just exploring the beautiful planets and environments. But forMass Effect 2 is an "amazing" game. Simply put. The storyline is well crafted to something brilliant. Game-play is fun and exciting. Since Mass Effect 2 arrived to the PS3, the graphics are stunning in HD. Mass Effect 2 will last you for about 30 hours. And there is PLENTY of replay value with side quests, decision making, and just exploring the beautiful planets and environments. But for this game being so big. You my incur some bugs or glitches, but they are small time glitches and bugs though so nothing to worry. At the end of the day, I recommend this game to everyone or anyone that appreciates great games. So i give Mass Effect 2 a "10". Good day! Expand
  101. Jan 29, 2011

1. May 24, 2011
    Mass Effect 2 is a masterpiece of Sci-Fi-Storytelling. The characters in the Mass Effect universe are offering a deep background. The Game is exciting until the very end.
  2. Mar 29, 2011
    Mass Effect 2 is still a game you shouldn't miss at all costs, and one of the best RPG's of this generation of consoles. You need an internet connection to download all of the contents which EA didn't include on the main BR disk.
  3. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Mar 17, 2011
    Yes, ME2 isn't perhaps the most technical RPG ever created, but it's easily one of the slickest, bearing the unmistakable master craftsmanship of RPG luminaries, BioWare. Not only is this supersized Sony edition of ME2 outstanding value for money – it also represents a sound long-term investment. If the Mass Effect 3 reveals are anything to go by, the conclusion of this saga will be similarly unmissable and the galactic apocalypse will be decided in our own backyard: Earth. [March 2011, p70]