Mass Effect 2 PlayStation 3

8.5

1. Oct 12, 2014
    This is a fantastic game. It improves upon its predecessor with better gameplay, and a more interesting narrative. Its world can feel linear, and interestingly enough the side content is far more compelling than the main narrative, but this is one of the best Western RPGs in existence.
  2. Jan 18, 2011
    One of the best games ever made. I own this on pc, xbox and ps3 and I still want to pump my fist in the air and cheer for Shepard and my team when taking down the collectors.
  3. Jun 30, 2014
    Finished Mass Effect 2 last week.
    So far, this is the best Mass Effect series i have ever played (Still haven't touched Mass Effect 3 though).
    Finished Mass Effect 2 last week.
    So the story begins weeks after Shepard killed Saren & destroy the Sovereign. But the Galaxy are still in constant threat of the Reapers. One day, the Normandy was out on a mission when "The Collector" arrives and destroy the Normandy, killing most of the crews, including Shepard. Cerberus, an underground mercernary organization, is trying to revive shepard. And after 2 years, they succeed in bringing Shepard back, for two reasons, To destroy the collectors and to protect humanity. Can Shepard saves the galaxy..again? What is Cerberus? Who is the Collector and what are their ties to the Reapers? Play and find it out yourself.

Plus point:
    - Better graphic than the first one! ME2 totally got an upgrade in that part. The characters are more detail, and also now we got a collection of Weapon & Armor which is just too awesome.
    - No more exploring with the tank! Well, finally Bioware decided to change their exploration system. No more tank in an unknown planet. Although of course they are still annoying scanning and sending probe system. But that will prove useful when you got Mordin, the one who will do research on your weapon, armor, and Normandy.
    - Lots of characters to choose. We got quite a line up here! And everyone has their own unique skills (When you finished their loyalty mission). Which makes them different one to another). Also we got to see some reccuring characters like GARRUS! (still with his cool scouter!)
    - Subquests are more fun. Secondy quests are fun! I mean there are stories to all of it, no matter how simple it is. From finding items to stopping a ship from an explosion, every mission counts.
    - Choices DOES make a difference. I mean finally, we got a lot of choices to decide whether someone lives or dies. And also, the new Paragon/Renegade actions (with L2 & R2 buttons), making the game more interesting.
    - Epic Story! It was really cool, they "killed" shepard and then "revived" him. Making a brand new chapter in his life, with some old members. Also, the choices you make on ME1, DOES have an effect on this game.
    Also the story about the collectors, the protheans, and the reapers, ARE interesting. I'm not much of a fan of sci-fi, but Mass Effect is too damn awesome. Can't wait to play the 3rd one.

Minus Point:
    - Crappy final boss. It was either i was overlevel or the boss is just too easy. It didn't took more than 5 minutes to beat the final boss, so that was kind of disappointing to me. Although, that was in the normal difficulty, i wonder how it'll be on the insane difficulty.
    - A new battle system. I mean at the first game, you got unlimited ammo. You only need to keep your weapon from overheating. But not now, you got limited ammo! So it IS possible that you ran out of ammo when fighting hordes of enemies. But you'll get used to it as time goes by. But at the beginning it'll be quite annoying.

The Verdict:
    Mass Effect 2 is FAR better than the first game. It's full of actions, better graphics, great lines of characters, and more than that GREAT story. To tell the truth, i was pessimistic about the series. But right now, i can say that this game is AWESOME. It barely has any weak points, other than the easy last boss & adapting to the new battle system, but other than that everything is just great. 9/10 from me. A must play if you have a PS3.
  4. Mar 19, 2015
    This game was outstanding! Interesting dialogues, great action and characters and good graphics (some technical issues on the ps3 version).. It gets repetetive sometimes but i can't deny the pleasure this game brought to me! Looking forward for Mass Effect 3
  5. Apr 23, 2014
    Incredible game with beautiful graphics, a few interesting characters, deep storyline, and a great RPG elements and combat system but it also has its flaws. One of the few small problems is that it feels like more of a first person shooter than a RPG like what was ME1. Some of the squadmates and LI's are not nearly good as the original Mass Effect squad but you find a few quality gems hereIncredible game with beautiful graphics, a few interesting characters, deep storyline, and a great RPG elements and combat system but it also has its flaws. One of the few small problems is that it feels like more of a first person shooter than a RPG like what was ME1. Some of the squadmates and LI's are not nearly good as the original Mass Effect squad but you find a few quality gems here and there. Theres also not a lot of emphasis on character development unless you're romancing a certain character which didn't really work out for me because I usually stay faithful to Ashley from ME1, the equipment management is terrible and too simple, and there was too many side quests. I also wish the Collector Base mission could have been a bit longer and more difficult, also the human-proto reaper was downright underwhelming to me at least Expand
  6. Jan 16, 2014
    ME2 continues the story from ME1 with improved graphics, better mechanics, and a higher degree of complexity. This is the greatest game of the series in my opinion. Recommend the series for anyone that is a fan of Sci-Fi and vast, intriguing gaming experiences.
  7. May 11, 2014
    My first Mass Effect game, and I can't say I was disappointed.
    From the great opening sequence to the hold-your-breath end battle, Mass Effect 2 is a stellar experience that everyone calling themselves a gamer needs to experience.
    My first Mass Effect game, and I can't say I was disappointed.
    This game has changed my outlook on life, possibly my inner soul. It's that good. Not many games can have you genuinely attached to the characters, planets and cities. It feels so real that you could almost live in it.
  8. Nov 7, 2014
    I am The Destroyer. I will break games, complain about the littlest detail, and tell you whether or not the game is worth buying. A lot of things to say, but can't due to the 5000 character limit. In the interest of fairness, the review is based on without an import or DLC.

1. Story 2 years have passed since Commander Shepard (character you play as) ended Sovereign's invasion along

1. Story
    2 years have passed since Commander Shepard (character you play as) ended Sovereign's invasion along with the threat of the Geth. But the war with the reapers has just begun.
    In the beginning, the Normandy get's attacked & destroyed, with Commander Shepard sacrificing themselves in process in order to save his/her crew. Their body is then recovered by an underground terrorist organization known as Cerberus, where they eject billions of credits in order to bring Shepard back from the dead. A new enemy known as the Collectors has revealed itself overtime, and Cerberus tasks the newly born Shepard to bring them down before they wipe humanity from existence. But will Shepard be able to gain trust from his/her squadmates, and successfully adapt to the new atmosphere that surrounds them?

2. Voice Acting
    This is what we need for voice acting! This is perfect! I have never heard such a beautiful cast in like ever! When the actors & actresses speak, you're believing it, and it brings tears to your eyes because you never thought this would ever be possible.

3. Graphics and Visuals
    Sometimes the frame rates go a little slow; and when that happens, you begin to notice a little bit of fuzzyness of pixels. But when it doesn't happen, it is astounding! Galaxy maps are detailed to the core with colourful design. Areas you explore during combat are never bland or boring to look at. The sci-fi textures are pushed to it's limit. If this art doesn't impress you, nothing will!

4. Gameplay
    Gameplay refers to it's battle system, customization & level up, and the galaxy map exploration. Put it all together and it's Awesome.

-Battle System-
    There are plenty of areas to take cover at all times. Every weapon in this game is deadly enough or usable in some way. Boss enemies are balanced, provide a challenge, and get introduced to you at the best possible timing. The game is very balanced. Of course it can be annoying when all your powers are on charge and you have a krogan coming after you at close range, but this still adds to the experience. As you play on, you'll have to develop strategies and come up with tactics just to get through areas.

-Customization-
    You get plenty of variety in this game, form the class you choose to play as, the character's appearance, even their armor will change visually. The weapon variety however will feel limited, but it's all due to balancing. When you finally acquire them, the game gives you plenty of squadmates. Customization will not feel dead here.

-Galaxy Exploration-
    Exploring the galaxy is only fun on your first playthrough, and it can't be explained why in this review due to spoilers. From 2nd playthrough and beyond, it will be boring, fortunately not boring enough to deduct from the experience.

5. Soundtrack
    And yet, another amazing thing done with this game. Though it does kind of feel empty having no music when walking around most of your ship. The mood music for cut-scenes was chosen excellently, and more-so after you finish a mission you'll really feel like you've accomplished something.

6. Bugs
    Even the most perfect of games seems to be hit in the PS3 era, and there's one bug that is the most evil of them all: corrupted saves. It's happened to me, and it's happened to many other players. And then there's these bugs...
    - The galaxy map will play itself twice if you exit to the Normandy and re-enter the map quickly.
    - Storyline cut-scenes do not proceed sometimes, forcing you to reload a save.
    - Sometimes loading screens will take 3 times longer than they should.

7. Personal Enjoyment
    I have done so many playthroughs by now that I've lost count. This game packs an experience that you will never feel anywhere else.

8. Overall Verdict
    The only thing that's holding this back from a perfect rating is the corrupted saves. Even the other bugs aren't that bad because of the amount of auto saves given, and because crashes don't happen often. Mass Effect 2 earns it's high rating, and I am going to issue this a 9 out of 10! This game deserved to be Saved instead of destroyed. Nice one, Bioware! Keep up the good work!
  9. Mar 29, 2011
    Great game, very addictive. love the liberty like in fallout to choose your path. When you are engaged in battle, it turns into a First person Shooter game. The companion AI is quite smart, rather than running striaght into a fight, they actually run for cover then attack. The dialogue is a bit unnatural, i played with shephard, and his tone at times didn't match the conversation, butGreat game, very addictive. love the liberty like in fallout to choose your path. When you are engaged in battle, it turns into a First person Shooter game. The companion AI is quite smart, rather than running striaght into a fight, they actually run for cover then attack. The dialogue is a bit unnatural, i played with shephard, and his tone at times didn't match the conversation, but otherwise it was a great run. Can hardly wait for mass effect 3. Some people keep mentioning how many bugs they had, i must say that l played the game for over 3 hrs at times and didn't encounter any issues. Expand
  10. May 20, 2011
    Great game, improvement from the 1st. Great storyline, which is what I'm most looking from an RPG. I've played too many RPGs recently with boring quests and dry predictable storyline, this game is more ambitious than that.
  11. Mar 17, 2011
    A great masterpiece, all the download content until date in one Blu-ray disc, with a better engine and ready for the incoming sequel at the playstation world.
  12. Mar 21, 2011
    A brilliant addition to the RPG market. Simply an excellent game. Sure it may have a few cracks around the edges but the story immerses you so heavily that you won't even notice. I've played it over and over and each time choosing new options and paths to take. A must buy for any RPG/Sci-Fi fan.
  13. Mar 26, 2011
    The Mass Effect Saga always will be a masterpiece on any platform and it's not different on Sony console. Incredible graphics, sound and a good crafted Sci-Fi story makes this game unique. Unfortunately the PS3 version do not aim accurately right in some major facts about the character's story, First Normandy members, and the decisions on all the course of the story that the original MassThe Mass Effect Saga always will be a masterpiece on any platform and it's not different on Sony console. Incredible graphics, sound and a good crafted Sci-Fi story makes this game unique. Unfortunately the PS3 version do not aim accurately right in some major facts about the character's story, First Normandy members, and the decisions on all the course of the story that the original Mass Effect game had, which leaves incomplete the storytelling about the first game. Bioware did right but all the emotion from the first game can't be described in a sort of Interactive Comic Book. To finish I need to tell that Bioware didn't go wrong on bring Mass Effect to PS3, it certainly gave the developer a bunch of new fans, including me. Expand
  14. Mar 31, 2011
    Un jeu hyper puissant, un scénario en béton et un gameplay bien géré, l'exploration spatiale est au rendez-vous, rien à redire sur ce jeu que tout fan de RPG doivent posséder sur PS3, dommage que le 1 ne seras jamais sur le même support, mais la BD interactive résume parfaitement leUn jeu hyper puissant, un scénario en béton et un gameplay bien géré, l'exploration spatiale est au rendez-vous, rien à redire sur ce jeu que tout fan de RPG doivent posséder sur PS3, dommage que le 1 ne seras jamais sur le même support, mais la BD interactive résume parfaitement le premier opus, et les DLC sont d'une très bonne qualité.
    Bref un super jeu arrive sur PS3, maintenant j'ai plus qu'à attendre la suite qui s'annonce passionnante.
  15. Apr 25, 2011
    Mass Effect 2 Has easily climbed into my top PS3 games in my library. From start to finish, Mass Effect 2 makes sure there is never a dull moment in the game. Graphically, the game looks very nice and detailed. But that is not the draw for this game. The story of Mass Effect 2 is brilliant. Bioware has captured lightning in a bottle with this series, and I constantly found myself drawn toMass Effect 2 Has easily climbed into my top PS3 games in my library. From start to finish, Mass Effect 2 makes sure there is never a dull moment in the game. Graphically, the game looks very nice and detailed. But that is not the draw for this game. The story of Mass Effect 2 is brilliant. Bioware has captured lightning in a bottle with this series, and I constantly found myself drawn to the characters of the game. Besides the story and the awesome characters of ME2, the gameplay is fun and the mechanics allow you to attack a situation in many different styles if you so choose. For example, you can run into a fight guns-a-blazin, or you can be a tacticle sniper using powers and carefully placed head shots to eliminate enemies quickly. ME2 is a rare game that does a lot of things, but also does all of these things very well. Some may knock the game for having no multiplayer component to it, but those of you who have played the game understand that this game definitely does not need a multiplayer. But there are other valid arguments which I will discuss that put a very tiny smudge on the armor of an otherwise amazing game. -----Cons:------ ME2 seems to be unsure how to handle itself under one specific situation. Is it linear or is it a sand-box? While not on a mission you are free to travel anywhere in the vast universe you want which is awesome. But once you begin a mission there is pretty much a set corse you have to take to complete the mission and you can't deviate much if at all. This is not a major gripe, because this game still manages to handle this well by offering plenty of enemies and perfectly paced story being delivered throughout every mission. ME2 uses the cover system for fights and does it well for the most part. But ME2 has absolutely no "ambush" factor in any of the fights. Once you enter a room you can tell right away if you are going to get attacked by enemies because you will see hundreds of perfectly placed chest-high walls. To me this detracts from the game slightly, because at no point in the game will you be surprised or caught off guard by an enemy. If they are going to stick with the same system for ME3 they need to be able to handle these situations better, and be able to mix in a variety of battles not just chest-high wall shoot outs otherwise the game will feel more like a shooting gallery than a shooter. ----Final Thoughts----- Even though ME2 can be at times "linear" and fights can be predictable at times, The story and the mechanics of the game just seem to overcome these obsticales like a champ. ME2 is a fun game, and has a ton of replay value because of all the different choices you can make. You can't possibly make all the same choices in 1 play through, and some of these choices can drastically change your game. This game is close to perfect. But still needs just a little more work and polish before it can be called a perfect game. But Mass Effect 2 comes damn close to it. Final score................9/10. Expand
  16. Aug 15, 2014
    Mass Effect 3 could have been the best of the series, but unfortunately, I have to give it to ME2. That is NOT to say that ME3 is bad; it is a MUST play, and its ending is quite great, once you have the Extended Cut. But the reason why I say ME2 is better is because it's give you more freedom in speaking, which is one of the things which made the series spectacular in the first place. InMass Effect 3 could have been the best of the series, but unfortunately, I have to give it to ME2. That is NOT to say that ME3 is bad; it is a MUST play, and its ending is quite great, once you have the Extended Cut. But the reason why I say ME2 is better is because it's give you more freedom in speaking, which is one of the things which made the series spectacular in the first place. In ME3, while you you still make the major decisions, I feel like I've lost too much freedom in deciding what Shepard says. Combat mechanics, however, are better in ME3. But in any case, get this game. Get ALL of the Mass Effect games. Expand
  17. Sep 8, 2011
    If you think Mass Effect 2 were cool back when it was released for the PC and the 360, well think again, 'cause the PS3 version is way better. You'll be getting better graphics, a better game engine, and what's more? You'll be getting all dlcs.... for FREE!! Excluding the boring Arrival dlc, Yay! Mass Effect 2 has an intriguing storyline and is a direct sequel to the first instalment.If you think Mass Effect 2 were cool back when it was released for the PC and the 360, well think again, 'cause the PS3 version is way better. You'll be getting better graphics, a better game engine, and what's more? You'll be getting all dlcs.... for FREE!! Excluding the boring Arrival dlc, Yay! Mass Effect 2 has an intriguing storyline and is a direct sequel to the first instalment. Couldn't play it 'cause you have a PS3? No worries, you'll be getting an interactive comic at the start of the game to learn what happened in Mass Effect 1. The characters are likable, choices are fun, and the game has some bad@ss moments (especially when triggering renegade actions. Okay, but the game isn't perfect of course. Some bad points would be the gameplay. If you play on Normal and higher difficulty, you'll find that during combat, everytime you stick your head out you'll definitely get shot even though there are 3 of you in your squad. This is annoying and unrealistic. And therefore, combat is lacking. You can't jump, you can't roll, the combat is plain and basic. Graphics are alright but nowhere near the best (Bioware are NOT known for good graphics anyway). Character creation/customisation is very limited and can't exactly create anyone you like.. It's not a very long game, 20-30 hours at most. But overall, I really enjoyed the epicness of the game despite its flaws. So if you haven't already pick this one up, take my word if you're an RPG fan this game is a must. Expand
  18. Aug 31, 2011
    A very good game. I'm not into space games or RPG but this one got me. I missed the original, and never played this on the Xbox. I got this off a trade-in because of it's high reviews, which having played it, i agree with...for the most part. The story is great, and characters are also very well written. Mission wise, this game is very heavy. There are loads of missions to do and they areA very good game. I'm not into space games or RPG but this one got me. I missed the original, and never played this on the Xbox. I got this off a trade-in because of it's high reviews, which having played it, i agree with...for the most part. The story is great, and characters are also very well written. Mission wise, this game is very heavy. There are loads of missions to do and they are all fun. Each is vastly different in narrative, choices and outcomes so it goes without saying that replay value is very high, but i don't really like replaying stuff i've seen already just to see a slight alteration. Controls are occasionally stiff, but they are minor glitches. Shooting is very fun, but there's no melee combat though. Overall, it's definitely one of the best games this gen. Expand
  19. Oct 13, 2011
    A absolute masterpiece. Mass effect was a already amazing experience. BioWare made a even more emotional game, with better gameplay mechanics and character development. Shortlist for the best PS3, Xbox360 and PC game of all time.
  20. Oct 14, 2011
    Mass Effect II is one of the most enjoyable games on the PS3. The story is deep and interesting, the characters feel almost real, the visuals are stunning and the gameplay is as smooth as it can be. Sure it has some flaws like cheap parts in the story e.g. the "trap" Sheppard walks into on the Reaper spaceship; sometimes the stunning visuals are missing, especially on the smallMass Effect II is one of the most enjoyable games on the PS3. The story is deep and interesting, the characters feel almost real, the visuals are stunning and the gameplay is as smooth as it can be. Sure it has some flaws like cheap parts in the story e.g. the "trap" Sheppard walks into on the Reaper spaceship; sometimes the stunning visuals are missing, especially on the small individual mission on the "mineable planets"; on PS3 the game has several visual and crash bugs and so on, but all in all, Mass Effect II is one of the best games I have ever played on my precious PS3. Expand
  21. Nov 10, 2011
    A great game, love ability to import character from me 1. Good - great RPG, nice story, multiple playthroughs, lengthy game
    Bad - at times too long dialogue
  22. Jan 30, 2012
    Mass Effect 2 is even better looking than the xbox 360 version *I played both versions*and all I can say is *wow*the new graphics look amazing and the game runs very well, with barley any frame rate drops and very little amount of bugs/glitches since the final patch on ps3 for mass effect 2.however there are still some minor problems and that's why I'm giving me2 a 9 out of 10,even thoughMass Effect 2 is even better looking than the xbox 360 version *I played both versions*and all I can say is *wow*the new graphics look amazing and the game runs very well, with barley any frame rate drops and very little amount of bugs/glitches since the final patch on ps3 for mass effect 2.however there are still some minor problems and that's why I'm giving me2 a 9 out of 10,even though this game king on ps3 and Bioware Did a Great Job on rewriting codes for ps3 *unlike Bethesda and broken Skyrim*.I love the Dragon age series and Mass Effect series and hope to see Bioware give us ps3 gamers some of the best games ever. Expand
  23. Mar 8, 2014
    I'm playing the Mass Effect series quite a long time after release, but I've just completed the trilogy.

ME 2 is a great follow on to ME 1, but has a darker feel to itt. The story is good. You build your team and care about them. The mechanics are good. The follow through from one game to the next (you import your character to the next game) is good. The Sound, music and voice acting is good. The graphics get noticeably better from one game to the next. In ME 2 the locations may feel a bit smaller than ME1, but that fits the tone of the sequel.

ME is right up there with Skyrim as an epic RPG.
  24. Apr 19, 2012
    I arrived a little late at the Mass Effect party; when I first started playing the first game the second had already been released for some time. When I moved on for Mass Effect 2, it was natural for me to get it on the PS3 since it had all DLC to date included on the disc. I expected great things from it, and was pleasantly unsurprised; Mass Effect 2 is a great game. The story is seriousI arrived a little late at the Mass Effect party; when I first started playing the first game the second had already been released for some time. When I moved on for Mass Effect 2, it was natural for me to get it on the PS3 since it had all DLC to date included on the disc. I expected great things from it, and was pleasantly unsurprised; Mass Effect 2 is a great game. The story is serious and very well written; even if now and then you have the feeling it is more a bridge between Mass Effect and Mass Effect 3 than a story by its own. Both the old and new characters are interesting, and it is always fun to see how their different personalities interact. Combat (shooting) was greatly improved from the last game, and the character evolution mechanic was simplified. This makes Mass Effect 2 much more dynamic than the original, and speeds up the action to frenetic levels. The moral choices are deeper than ever, and everything you say may or may not have severe consequences later; and not knowing is great. The Mass Effect Genesis interactive comic allowed me to choose many things I had done in the original's PC version, but still lacked many important moral choices. DLC is pretty weak, and I assume I would not have been happy had I bought it separately. Expand
  25. Jan 26, 2012
    Great game, another good Bioware game. The only flaws would be at times boring because of repetitive combat. Highly recommend especially if you're into Sci-fi and RPGs. Enjoyed having dialogue choices and the fact there are actual consequences for some of your actions/choices.
  26. Feb 28, 2012
    A damn fine game, that more than delivers on the promise of its predecessor. Combining BioWare's signature world building and interactive narratives with a polished third person shooter mechanic Mass Effect 2 is an atmospheric, character based action-roleplayer that continues Commander Shepard's struggle against the godlike Reapers and their proxies. Although not without a few minor flawsA damn fine game, that more than delivers on the promise of its predecessor. Combining BioWare's signature world building and interactive narratives with a polished third person shooter mechanic Mass Effect 2 is an atmospheric, character based action-roleplayer that continues Commander Shepard's struggle against the godlike Reapers and their proxies. Although not without a few minor flaws (inventory and skills a bit too streamlined for some tastes, a bland planet scanning mechanic replacing the wonky driving sections of ME1, and a few levels that are not much more than corridors), Mass Effect 2 certainly deserves all of its GOTY awards for 2010. The art direction, voice acting, and music are all part of a quality presentation that more than makes up for those minor nitpicks, and it also succeeds in a rarely tried experiment of importing saves from ME1, providing a unique and personalised continuous experience throughout the franchise for each player. Add to this a selection of reasonably chunky DLC, including the excellent "Lair of the Shadow Broker", this is a grand space opera to even rival the likes of Star Wars and Star Trek. Expand
  27. Mar 19, 2012
    Unique third person Shooter-Style Game. The Game Story is fascinating, the characters are charismatic, Unlike most recent games, from the Hardcore mode on the game gets really hard (REAL PLAYERS NEED REAL CHALLENGES). The decision-making thing makes you feel that you ARE the commander, not just the player. Online mode is fun. There could be more Side Missions (I finished the game tooUnique third person Shooter-Style Game. The Game Story is fascinating, the characters are charismatic, Unlike most recent games, from the Hardcore mode on the game gets really hard (REAL PLAYERS NEED REAL CHALLENGES). The decision-making thing makes you feel that you ARE the commander, not just the player. Online mode is fun. There could be more Side Missions (I finished the game too fast... Wanted to play more missions.) Expand
  28. May 25, 2012
    Tremendous main story coupled with strong enough RPG and combat elements.

Severely let down by excruciatingly long "recruit your crew" filler sub-plots.
  29. Mar 11, 2013
    This is definitely a great video game. It offers the player a remarkable sense of galactic exploration, which I think is, together with the fully detailed scenarios and arts, its strongest points. The interpersonal relationships are somehow reasonably well developed, with quality voice actors and credible characters summing up for excellent and numerous dialogues throughout the title. EvenThis is definitely a great video game. It offers the player a remarkable sense of galactic exploration, which I think is, together with the fully detailed scenarios and arts, its strongest points. The interpersonal relationships are somehow reasonably well developed, with quality voice actors and credible characters summing up for excellent and numerous dialogues throughout the title. Even as a shooter, during the frequent action passages, shows enough charisma not to distract the player too much from the real pleasure: to explore all these amazing unknown planets, forbidden ships and cosmopolitan space stations. Expand
  30. Jul 16, 2012
    OK, I am Kazakstan gamer, I love Sci-Fi, and Mass Effect 2 is the same for me as Doctor Who. This Masterpiece of an experience has 10 on athmosphere, 10 on Gameplay, 9 on graphics, 11 on story. Most usually my reviews are longer, but words are not needed. I have just completed this Masterpiece, And I am listening to epic credits music (Music is 10 by the way)

1. May 24, 2011
    Mass Effect 2 is a masterpiece of Sci-Fi-Storytelling. The characters in the Mass Effect universe are offering a deep background. The Game is exciting until the very end.
  2. Mar 29, 2011
    Mass Effect 2 is still a game you shouldn't miss at all costs, and one of the best RPG's of this generation of consoles. You need an internet connection to download all of the contents which EA didn't include on the main BR disk.
  3. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Mar 17, 2011
    Yes, ME2 isn't perhaps the most technical RPG ever created, but it's easily one of the slickest, bearing the unmistakable master craftsmanship of RPG luminaries, BioWare. Not only is this supersized Sony edition of ME2 outstanding value for money – it also represents a sound long-term investment. If the Mass Effect 3 reveals are anything to go by, the conclusion of this saga will be similarly unmissable and the galactic apocalypse will be decided in our own backyard: Earth. [March 2011, p70]