- Summary: The Mass Effect trilogy is an emotionally charged science fiction adventure set in a vast universe filled with dangerous alien life and mysterious, uncharted planets. In Mass Effect 2, players will once again step into the role of the heroic Commander Shepard, commanding their crew of someThe Mass Effect trilogy is an emotionally charged science fiction adventure set in a vast universe filled with dangerous alien life and mysterious, uncharted planets. In Mass Effect 2, players will once again step into the role of the heroic Commander Shepard, commanding their crew of some of the most dangerous operatives from across the galaxy on a mission so challenging that it's potentially suicidal. Featuring intense shooter action, a rich futuristic storyline, space exploration and emotionally engaging character interaction, the game delivers an unparalleled cinematic experience. … Expand
Positive: 62 out of 62
Mixed: 0 out of 62
Negative: 0 out of 62
Jan 14, 2011That's what makes Mass Effect 2 great. Not the outstanding action, the compelling story, the huge depth of interaction, or any of the other ways in which the game demonstrates its outrageous surfeit of quality. It's because this is a game so coherent, you start to believe that you could actually live in it.
Jan 26, 2011BioWare took the existing narrative and didn't just continue it, but built it into the framework of this sequel. Games like Quest for Glory and Baldur's Gate tip-toed in these waters years ago, and Dragon Age: Origins showed us real consequences just recently, but ME2 creates true continuity, where every decision truly matters.
Playstation Official Magazine AustraliaMar 17, 2011Yes, ME2 isn't perhaps the most technical RPG ever created, but it's easily one of the slickest, bearing the unmistakable master craftsmanship of RPG luminaries, BioWare. Not only is this supersized Sony edition of ME2 outstanding value for money – it also represents a sound long-term investment. If the Mass Effect 3 reveals are anything to go by, the conclusion of this saga will be similarly unmissable and the galactic apocalypse will be decided in our own backyard: Earth. [March 2011, p70]
Jan 24, 2011Mass Effect 2 is an amazing RPG with an unbeatable cinematic feeling and a history and characters simply astonishing. This is a game that demands to be played by every PlayStation 3 user no matter if you don't have the first one, because it's the very definition of what the Next-Gen wants to be.
Jan 18, 2011Mass Effect 2 is a fantastic game regardless of platform, and anyone who doesn't own an Xbox 360 should definitely experience it on PS3. Nevertheless, the 360 version is still the way to go. The continuity of customization offered by the dozens of decision links between the first two games were easily the most satisfying thing about ME2, and that's largely lost on PS3.
Jan 24, 2011Mass Effect 2 is one of the greatest games of 2010 on the 360 and the PC, and remains so on the PS3. Epic, thrilling, the original story of this space adventure has been enhanced with the inclusion of the DLC add-ons already released on the other platforms. A must-have.
Jan 18, 2011One of the best games ever made. I own this on pc, xbox and ps3 and I still want to pump my fist in the air and cheer for Shepard and my teamOne of the best games ever made. I own this on pc, xbox and ps3 and I still want to pump my fist in the air and cheer for Shepard and my team when taking down the collectors.… Expand
Mar 3, 2011This was my first taste of the series and all I can say is that its one of the freshest shooters and rpgs I've played since Bioshock. TheThis was my first taste of the series and all I can say is that its one of the freshest shooters and rpgs I've played since Bioshock. The story is expertly presented with excellent voice acting and character animation leaving every JRPG's storytelling in the dust. MUST BUY :)… Collapse
Feb 19, 2011This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's simply the best game I have ever played.
I played it through three times on the xbox and now 2 times on the PS 3. Graphics haven't improved as much as everyone is saying but it's still, after the PC version, the best version to get.… Expand
Jun 19, 2011Excellent game. Whats this new idea about having to print off the blinking manual? its a total nightmare if you don' t have access to aExcellent game. Whats this new idea about having to print off the blinking manual? its a total nightmare if you don' t have access to a printer to start with!! That aside the team who made this did a fab job in the depth and layers the game consists of. Mirandas charms are worthy of a ten alone but your motivations for playing the game either way actually drive you in a compelling plot. The spaceship seems a bit complicated at first but its actually really simple in layout and the game moves along at just the right pace. You need a manual to understand the combat to start with though or it seems a bit complicated. Mining planets is really fun and the sub missions can make the game 40+ hours if you want it.… Expand
Jun 30, 2014Finished Mass Effect 2 last week.
So far, this is the best Mass Effect series i have ever played (Still haven't touched Mass Effect 3Finished Mass Effect 2 last week.
So far, this is the best Mass Effect series i have ever played (Still haven't touched Mass Effect 3 though).
So the story begins weeks after Shepard killed Saren & destroy the Sovereign. But the Galaxy are still in constant threat of the Reapers. One day, the Normandy was out on a mission when "The Collector" arrives and destroy the Normandy, killing most of the crews, including Shepard. Cerberus, an underground mercernary organization, is trying to revive shepard. And after 2 years, they succeed in bringing Shepard back, for two reasons, To destroy the collectors and to protect humanity. Can Shepard saves the galaxy..again? What is Cerberus? Who is the Collector and what are their ties to the Reapers? Play and find it out yourself.
- Better graphic than the first one! ME2 totally got an upgrade in that part. The characters are more detail, and also now we got a collection of Weapon & Armor which is just too awesome.
- No more exploring with the tank! Well, finally Bioware decided to change their exploration system. No more tank in an unknown planet. Although of course they are still annoying scanning and sending probe system. But that will prove useful when you got Mordin, the one who will do research on your weapon, armor, and Normandy.
- Lots of characters to choose. We got quite a line up here! And everyone has their own unique skills (When you finished their loyalty mission). Which makes them different one to another). Also we got to see some reccuring characters like GARRUS! (still with his cool scouter!)
- Subquests are more fun. Secondy quests are fun! I mean there are stories to all of it, no matter how simple it is. From finding items to stopping a ship from an explosion, every mission counts.
- Choices DOES make a difference. I mean finally, we got a lot of choices to decide whether someone lives or dies. And also, the new Paragon/Renegade actions (with L2 & R2 buttons), making the game more interesting.
- Epic Story! It was really cool, they "killed" shepard and then "revived" him. Making a brand new chapter in his life, with some old members. Also, the choices you make on ME1, DOES have an effect on this game.
Also the story about the collectors, the protheans, and the reapers, ARE interesting. I'm not much of a fan of sci-fi, but Mass Effect is too damn awesome. Can't wait to play the 3rd one.
- Crappy final boss. It was either i was overlevel or the boss is just too easy. It didn't took more than 5 minutes to beat the final boss, so that was kind of disappointing to me. Although, that was in the normal difficulty, i wonder how it'll be on the insane difficulty.
- A new battle system. I mean at the first game, you got unlimited ammo. You only need to keep your weapon from overheating. But not now, you got limited ammo! So it IS possible that you ran out of ammo when fighting hordes of enemies. But you'll get used to it as time goes by. But at the beginning it'll be quite annoying.
Mass Effect 2 is FAR better than the first game. It's full of actions, better graphics, great lines of characters, and more than that GREAT story. To tell the truth, i was pessimistic about the series. But right now, i can say that this game is AWESOME. It barely has any weak points, other than the easy last boss & adapting to the new battle system, but other than that everything is just great. 9/10 from me. A must play if you have a PS3.… Expand
Mar 15, 2011Mass Effect 2 delivers on its promise to merge the shooting and (albeit light) RPG genres into one delightful package. The engrossingMass Effect 2 delivers on its promise to merge the shooting and (albeit light) RPG genres into one delightful package. The engrossing narrative and vibrant atmosphere never felt dull or contrived, and in the games final hours you can't help but feel that you are an integral part of the action as you battle your way towards ME2's epic conclusion. That being said I wish that the RPG portion of the game was more fleshed out i.e. companion armor, more equipment and shield choices, as well a full fledged loot system. I also found the difficulty system to be a bit unbalanced, the game too easy on normal or lower which makes most ammo and biotic talents useless and unnecessary. I actually found that ME2 truly shined on insanity difficulty when it forced you to think tactically because taking almost any damage was simply not an option. A great example of this is at any point when you encounter husks. Husks are armored at higher difficulties and you and your team can easily get swarmed and die in seconds. Cryo ammo, which I honestly gave up using during my first normal difficulty play-through, became my best friend. Had I never played ME2 on insanity difficulty, I feel this review score might be several points lower because I would have failed to truly understand the finer points of ME2's mechanics. Overall I found the graphics, voice acting, animations, and environment design to be on par or better than most games this generation, and only one notable glitch during Tali's recruitment mission which occurred on both of my play-throughs. Definitely worth picking up if you like shooters blended with RPG elements.… Expand
Jun 13, 2016This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Perhaps the worst entry in regads to lesbian romance.
Yeoman Kelly Chambers is like the only viable romance, but she is super easy to be killed. Almost "lesbian tragedy trope" worthy
Liara: doesn't care about you in this game
Jack: One night stand
And what else? Trophies to romance everyone regardless of gender/sexuality, HOWEVER there's literally no meaningful lesbian choices.
Just bad.… Expand