5.4

1. Mar 11, 2012
    I have enjoyed Mass Effect 3 a lot. It's nice to see so many of my decisions in 1 and 2 show up again, even if it's just a character referred to in a news broadcast. I fail to see the basis for a lot of the dialogue and plot complaints. Though the dialogue trees in conversation are mostly "choose either paragon or renegade", only 2 optoins, which is annoying. The storytelling is good asI have enjoyed Mass Effect 3 a lot. It's nice to see so many of my decisions in 1 and 2 show up again, even if it's just a character referred to in a news broadcast. I fail to see the basis for a lot of the dialogue and plot complaints. Though the dialogue trees in conversation are mostly "choose either paragon or renegade", only 2 optoins, which is annoying. The storytelling is good as usual, and some of the scenes are very well done.

Normally I don't give 10s, but looking at the scores, a binary "0 or 10" seems to be the way to go. So, since I liked this game, 10 it is.
  2. Mar 12, 2012
    One of the greatest games of all time and i believe it will definetly win game of the year with awesome action/story and everything good about a game. Don't listen to the bad reviews they are all wrong listen to the positive ones cause they are the awesome reviews. At the end it was a bit un satisfactory but only a bit. I really look forward to a Mass Effect 4 if they do make one which IOne of the greatest games of all time and i believe it will definetly win game of the year with awesome action/story and everything good about a game. Don't listen to the bad reviews they are all wrong listen to the positive ones cause they are the awesome reviews. At the end it was a bit un satisfactory but only a bit. I really look forward to a Mass Effect 4 if they do make one which I really, really, REALLY hope they do. This game is a must play essential game which you HAVE TO PLAY. It is hard to say much without spoiling things and because im not the most descriptive person, but I will leave you with these words BEST GAME EVER!!!! Expand
  3. Mar 20, 2012
    What a masterpiece. This about as much as you can expect out of a video game. Worth at least the 60 bucks. This game, along with games like uncharted, threaten to take video games into a direction where the medium delivers a type of interactive entertainment than no other medium can compete with. People will look back at this game as a tipping point, a game that took the industry in aWhat a masterpiece. This about as much as you can expect out of a video game. Worth at least the 60 bucks. This game, along with games like uncharted, threaten to take video games into a direction where the medium delivers a type of interactive entertainment than no other medium can compete with. People will look back at this game as a tipping point, a game that took the industry in a direction where the term "game" just does not do the product justice. The product is top notch, quality entertainment, and somewhere in this massive package of entertainment there is also a video game. Expand
  4. Mar 21, 2012
    I came into the series at Mass Effect 2 and it's one of my favourite games of all time. This, however, will Probably be forgotten rather quickly. The graphics are jaw dropping and the music is second to none. However the voice acting and the way there is a gap (sometimes seconds long) between a character being interrupted/ cut off mid sentence and the next player starting his/her nextI came into the series at Mass Effect 2 and it's one of my favourite games of all time. This, however, will Probably be forgotten rather quickly. The graphics are jaw dropping and the music is second to none. However the voice acting and the way there is a gap (sometimes seconds long) between a character being interrupted/ cut off mid sentence and the next player starting his/her next sentence. Really jarring. I'm a pretty liberal guy and have no problem in essence with there being homosexual activity in a game but this feels shoehorned in. The action sequences are good if slightly samey and the game feels alot more polished and finished than other reviewers bitter about the day 1 dlc would have you believe. This game could have been incredible and instead it's just good. A shame but that's always been the problem with sequels across all forms of media. Expand
  5. Jul 16, 2012
    This game had tons of hype to live up to. After the astounding experience that was Mass Effect 2, Bioware was tasked with making a final game that would knock everyone's socks off. And it came so close.

For newcomers to the Mass Effect franchise, the year is 2183, and you play as Commander Shepard, a soldier getting ready to lead the galaxy in a fight against a race of super-machines known as the Reapers, who harvest all advanced civilizations every 50,000 years. Your decisions from Mass Effect 2 will carry over, so I suggest you get that first, as it is a slightly better game.

Where this game is strong is gameplay. The shooter element has been revamped, with new movements in and out of cover, more ladders and the ability to jump off short drops. This does add a bit of smoothness to the gameplay, especially the cover movement. Another part of gameplay is the dialogue, where you select your answer using the left analog stick. In this it felt.... A bit less natural. In Mass Effect 2 it felt so much more organic with random options, while in this game there was a lot of just "Good/Bad/Details" choices. But Mass Effect 2 is a very high standard to compare it to, so Mass Effect 3 still trumps most other games.

It's good technically. Graphics are good if not the best, although I felt the characters faces were not as expressive as they should have been, except in some scenes. The Voice acting is of good quality. And the soundtrack is amazing. Some of the games most emotional moments are backed up by breathtakingly chilling music.

And the storyline is fantastic. It follows a more linear pattern than Mass Effect 2, which gives it more of a base to have a good story. Decisions from the previous games are also factored in. The relationships with characters are sacrificed for a plot that delivers epic twists and turns all the way up to the last 10 minutes. Where it falls flat on it's face. It takes away individual choices, which were massively difficult to make, and instead gives them scores, sticks them into a group called "War Assets" and gives you an ending based on it. And the endings aren't even that different. People who've followed the franchise before this game will be severely disappointed.

This game is great. It combines a great story and a fantastic decision making system with a quality third-person shooter setup. But compared to it's predecessor, it's a little more linear. And the ending will not make you happy. I'd recommend this to anyone, just as long as you turn it off after the Illusive Man dies.
  6. Apr 28, 2012
    When this happened to cod3, at least I could say 'it makes some sense, it's kinda the same thing again'. Even though I was still wrong. But this game? You whining crybabies, this is an amazing piece of entertainment. METACRITIC, why are you letting this happen? You will lose ALL CREDIBILITY. This kind of stuff will destroy all great developers. People giving this a zero? That shows peopleWhen this happened to cod3, at least I could say 'it makes some sense, it's kinda the same thing again'. Even though I was still wrong. But this game? You whining crybabies, this is an amazing piece of entertainment. METACRITIC, why are you letting this happen? You will lose ALL CREDIBILITY. This kind of stuff will destroy all great developers. People giving this a zero? That shows people want this industry to collapse. Expand
  7. Mar 10, 2012
    What a bunch of whining babies. The idiots complaining about the RPG aspect being stripped away either never played 2 which had little to none of that or never played the series at all and are just bulls*%$^g because they believe every flame and lie they read on a message board. Don't even get me started on the people tanking the score because of the option for a gay story line! THIS ISWhat a bunch of whining babies. The idiots complaining about the RPG aspect being stripped away either never played 2 which had little to none of that or never played the series at all and are just bulls*%$^g because they believe every flame and lie they read on a message board. Don't even get me started on the people tanking the score because of the option for a gay story line! THIS IS 2012 YOU IGNORANT PEABRAINS! You're a disgrace, and people have been asking for this option to be included since the first game!

I really love the PS# but I have to admit that most of these scores are probably coming from PS3 users who never bothered to play 2 after it was released for the system and bought the game based on hype alone, not knowing anything about it or it's history. A bunch of idiot meatheads who should just wait for the next COD or Madden piece o' crud and in the meantime keep their heads up their asses where they belong.

As far as the day one DLC, this content was fully available to those who per-ordered and got collector's editions of the game. I personally just traded in a few games and got everything FOR FREE. Extra content like this has been a staple of video games for years now. Arkham City had a ton of day one DLC that was only available through per-order and no-one **** about that because it wasn't EA.

This game is great, like I said- it continues the story and the game truthfully and faithfully. If you're tanking the reviews of this game just out of spite or homophobia then you deserve to be miserable.
  8. Mar 26, 2012
    Mass Effect 3
    Mass Effect 3
    Great- Story. Commander Shepard is fully fleshed out as a character and the game makes you care about its end. Each story is fully developed and every decision influences the next. - Customization. Let's you choose everything from gender,weapons, and abilities. Exploring them demands multiple playthroughs. - Side Missions. The amount of missions affect the ending but aren't necessary. The length can vary from mission to mission so it's always an unexpected and never tedious.

Mixed - The Ending. I played Mass effect 2 prior to playing this one, so I was already invested. The ending did not leave me incredibly unsatisfied. I didn't fly off the handle looking for some kind of consolation. It was a bit incomplete but like the other things I invested hours in like, Lost, Seinfeld, and The Sopranos it was the journey that made it worth it. - Frame rate. The graphics were spectacular and it was definitely an upgrade over the second, but it not only would suffer slowdown in hectic areas, but during key moments which could be a little off putting. - Squad selection. The amount of characters in Mass Effect 2 was astounding, but not all necessary. Here it's cut down to more than half which is better yet with its faults. It does limit your choices making missions frustrating if you don't realize your preferences early on.

Amiss - Load times. Realizing that a game of this size would require some patience was understandable. Yet some of the areas of the game defied logic with its constant load times. One specific area was the ship which would let you pass through inconsistently between five and sometimes thirty seconds. - Difficulty. Not complaining about the difficulty at all. I chose hardcore and enjoyed the rush. It was the spike in difficulty that irked me. One area early on had me trying for two hours while the next I cruised through. This happens a couple of times and seems to be to just lengthen the game which doesn't really need to. - Shopping. The amount of items are great but by the time you can buy the most expensive weaponry, your guns are already equipped with the best upgrades that can match them or exceed it. It becomes purely a accessory like the fish or models.
  9. Mar 19, 2012
    People are over-reacting about this game's ending.
    I would like to start by saying that the ending does not ruin the OVERALL game to such an extent that it gets a 0/10!
    It is ridiculous. This is a damn good game and deserves a much better score. The improvements in this game mainly go into combat. Combat is much easier compared to Mass Effect 1 and 2 and Shepard feels more agile. But the
    People are over-reacting about this game's ending.

It is ridiculous.
    This is a damn good game and deserves a much better score.

The improvements in this game mainly go into combat.
    But the game feels much more like a shooter and sometimes while using the "soldier" class the skills i have become less apparent and i shoot at my enemies without ever using my biotics.

The Side quest system is pure and utter **** I dont even want to emphasize on this one.
    I dont know how bioware would get such a simple Quest-Tracker system wrong.

The Story is great and lovable and was seriously good until the ending.
    The Ending is so wrong. Just so very wrong.
    Im not going to spoil anything but im just going to say one line about the ending

" The Shepard i know would NEVER do that "

Buy the game. It's a good game and should never ever ever ever ever. get a 0/10 because of the ending.
    It's a damn good game if not for it's shortcomings such as the :
    - Quest System
    - Ending
    - It's moving more towards a shooter than an RPG.
  10. Mar 13, 2012
    I've never played a game this suspenseful, cinematic or beautifully told. Mass Effect 3 clearly defines the games-as-storytelling genre. At times it feels like you're watching a movie, with the superb score and carefully selected shots, then you're thrown right back into the action. If you pay careful attention to the story from Mass Effect 1 all the way through to the final moments ofI've never played a game this suspenseful, cinematic or beautifully told. Mass Effect 3 clearly defines the games-as-storytelling genre. At times it feels like you're watching a movie, with the superb score and carefully selected shots, then you're thrown right back into the action. If you pay careful attention to the story from Mass Effect 1 all the way through to the final moments of Mass Effect 3, and how Shepherd behaves in all those situations, it's clear how it will end. Despite the complaints, I think the story's conclusion is quite poetic. Expand
  11. Mar 13, 2012
    It was a fantastic ride right up until the last 15 or so minutes, when Bioware must have decided we had been given 2 happy ending in a row, so now we have to pay. It was kind of like having the best Christmas morning of your childhood ruined by the Manson Family busting down the door after the last present is opened, and then stabbing your mom and dad to death in front of your eyes withIt was a fantastic ride right up until the last 15 or so minutes, when Bioware must have decided we had been given 2 happy ending in a row, so now we have to pay. It was kind of like having the best Christmas morning of your childhood ruined by the Manson Family busting down the door after the last present is opened, and then stabbing your mom and dad to death in front of your eyes with the kitchen utensils. Given the horrible feeling this game left me with, I can not in good conscience give it anything like a high rating. Sorry. Expand
  12. Mar 9, 2012
    Though somewhat saddened by the conclusion, I cannot in good conscience give this game a 0 or 1 score just to "get back" at BioWare. Mass Effect 3 was an amazing game. Once I started, it was hard to stop before hours of my life flew by. After playing Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 and all of the DLC I don't think I was ever more excited about playing a game as I was about Mass Effect 3.Though somewhat saddened by the conclusion, I cannot in good conscience give this game a 0 or 1 score just to "get back" at BioWare. Mass Effect 3 was an amazing game. Once I started, it was hard to stop before hours of my life flew by. After playing Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 and all of the DLC I don't think I was ever more excited about playing a game as I was about Mass Effect 3. The story starts off quick and brutal. The tone set all the way to "OMG WE ARE IN TROUBLE" and it's up to Shepard to finish what he/she started. I will now review the various aspects of the game below, as well as my impressions of the PS3 version.

Combat is fun. If you enjoyed the combat experience from ME2, then you will feel right at home here. Though some of the jumping and hurtling obstacles can be trial and error, the cover based system does what it's supposed to. Like all Mass Effect titles, you can command squadmates to use powers or ammo in fights to bring down challenging enemies. The level designs are mostly good with a few questionable design choices towards the end. Though, this game offered me some of the most intense battles in the series since my first encounter with a Thresher Maw in ME1. Graphics and voice acting are on par with previous games. A few bad apples are in the bunch but overall the voice acting is solid and the animations not overtly stiff. What really grabs you is the score and sound, which BioWare seemed to go all out on. When you encounter a Reaper up close and hear it's "trumpet" growl, you'll know what I mean. The engine is starting to look dated, but overall it is a beautiful game.

Storywise, ME3 delivers for the most part. I will not spoil anything here. Some of the decisions from the previous titles could have been felt more but some resonate through the game. My only few gripes are the amount of dialogue choices seemed skimmed down to just your basic Paragon or Renegade options, not much middle ground here. And of course the conclusion, which I will not elaborate on because of spoilers.

Problems with the game are few, but some are more noticeable then others. The Journal from the Start menu tracks all of your quests, but unlike ME1 and ME2, where the Journal tracked everything on three different tabs (Priority Missions, Side Missions and Completed Missions) ME3 decided to condense all of those into one tab and throw the Codex in there in place of tabs 2 and 3. AND, to top it off, the quests do not track status as it did in previous games. No grayed out objectives that have been completed under your current status of a given mission. As a consequence to this, you have no idea what Side Missions you have the requires item to complete (they are all basically fetch "quests" more later), so you end up running around the Citadel to try and see what you have done or not. Your map is supposed to have a NavPoint (basically just says a person of interest is available in the area) to lead you to a completed side mission quest giver, but in my playthrough this was not always the case. And the way of picking up most side quests by basically eavesdropping as you rung by is also a little lackluster. Once you are used to it however, you adjust quickly and it does not ruin the overall experience.

Now, for those wondering about the silly planet scanning mechanic from ME2, it's still there but not even close to how much time you spent doing it in ME2. When you enter a system, you will scan the area for EDI to find something of interest. If a planet lights up, you select it and then scan a la ME2, but only to guide the scanner to the white dot, exactly like how you found "miscellaneous" missions in ME2. You then send a probe and collect the reward. Rewards are everything from War Assets, Credits to Side Mission items. Most side missions are completed by collecting various items this way. Oh, and no Mako or Hammerhead missions either, so if you were not a fan of vehicle based missions, you are in luck. If you were, well ... sorry.

War Assets, as mentioned above, are an important factor of ME3. To get ready for the final battle, Shepard is tasked with gathering as many forces, items and people possible for success. It adds a new element to the ME questing purpose and it sort of fun when you read about your progress on the War Asset Terminal. In short, the more you have, the better off you'll be in the last battle. Multiplayer. I only played a few hours of it and it is fun but not really my cup 'o tea. ME combat works well for the single-player campaign but in multiplayer, the sometimes clunky controls can be annoying. But the overall experience is fun. All I have on that since it was not the reason I bought the game anyway.

Lastly, the PS3 version of the game played fine in most respects. The beginning was a little choppy but evened out quickly. Though I had 3 freezes which caused me to manually reset, the game played great otherwise.
  13. Mar 12, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Game was great don't care about fps or some other minor bull**** but please change the ending because the way it is now it's like all our actions from ME1 and ME2 and ME3 didn't matter at all because they don't have an impact on the ending. That was the main point of the series, you make a decision and then you have to live with it but now whatever decision we make we still get the same results. Expand
  14. Mar 12, 2012
    Its obvious the xbox fanboys come on here and give the ps3 and pc versoins of games bad scores because they dont want to affect their beloved sad platform. This game is near on a masterpiece and no one gives a crap about day 1 dlc its nothing to do with the game itself which is completely outstanding. I swear everyone just bashes on everything these days.
  15. Mar 20, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 took the best elements of ME 2 and combined them with better encounters, stronger performances, a vastly better AI system and a larger feeling of accomplishment. The final fights are much tougher than ME 2, and Shepherd's new abilities while moving around are well received and really add to the experience. As far as the ending, personally I enjoyed it (even after being withMass Effect 3 took the best elements of ME 2 and combined them with better encounters, stronger performances, a vastly better AI system and a larger feeling of accomplishment. The final fights are much tougher than ME 2, and Shepherd's new abilities while moving around are well received and really add to the experience. As far as the ending, personally I enjoyed it (even after being with the series since ME 1, which I completed on PC), and left the game feeling both sad for the characters I watched grow and sad that the trilogy has at last come to a close. Hopefully more games are in the works, because this is one series that I just can't get enough of. Maybe a prequel? Expand
  16. Mar 17, 2012
    It seems like most of the criticisms of this game I hear are by people who didn't like how the story ended, but I think whether or not someone likes how the story goes is just a matter of taste. Overall as a game this is a very cool original action-rpg sci-fi game and not only that but it is the first (as far as I know) major rpg to have a really cool co-op multiplayer horde mode added on.It seems like most of the criticisms of this game I hear are by people who didn't like how the story ended, but I think whether or not someone likes how the story goes is just a matter of taste. Overall as a game this is a very cool original action-rpg sci-fi game and not only that but it is the first (as far as I know) major rpg to have a really cool co-op multiplayer horde mode added on. all together this game a great choice for both those who want an expansive universe and story filled with relationships and time-killing quests as well as for a taste of the fast-paced online play that's so popular nowadays to sweeten the deal Expand
  17. Mar 13, 2012
    WHY THE HATE FOR THIS GAME????

Geezz gamers in this day are stupid -___-
    SHM,did people expect? 20+ vastly different endings?

And loyal fans?Please.I adore Mass Effect, I'm just as loyal as others, but I'm not crying over the endings. I personally don't see what the big problem is.
  18. Mar 15, 2012
    I'll admit it right now, I'm biased towards the Mass Effect games, I see them as mediocre games with little RPG to them... Then I played the second game, it had flaws, boring at times but the character interaction was fun and worked well. I was also surprised how good it was to play as a character you pretty much created and then chose how he was going to be like. Most of this remainsI'll admit it right now, I'm biased towards the Mass Effect games, I see them as mediocre games with little RPG to them... Then I played the second game, it had flaws, boring at times but the character interaction was fun and worked well. I was also surprised how good it was to play as a character you pretty much created and then chose how he was going to be like. Most of this remains true for Mass Effect 3, it's slightly tuned down though, as an example the "good or bad" options don't matter as much. I still got into it, the gameplay feels very good, but that might be a downside... They've focused on making it feel like a smoother TPS experience, and that they have succeeded with, but the choices have been trimmed down and the RPG elements have yet become even more shallow. The game is still a true Mass Effect game, I'm just saying that if you buy it expecting a brilliant RPG instead of a decent shooter then you will probably be disappointed. Now to the controversy that's surrounding Mass Effect 3, the day one DLC, gay relationship and the ending, don't worry no spoilers! The DLC, while I assume you don't have to buy it I did and it worked well with the rest of the game except you get an overpowered weapon with infinite ammo. I would like to see how it all plays out without the prothean, because in my playthough he did affect the game in pretty interesting ways, although 10 bucks for the DLC was a stretch... Ok, so the gay relationships, if you have a problem with that you are an **** who don't deserve nice things anyway, so if that ruins the game for you, good, that's karma. No more comments on that, moving to the ending! Once again, no spoilers, while MANY fans are pretty pissed about it I'm not a true fan, I thought it was... Okay, I mean it could have been alot better but if nothing else it concluded the story. I mean, it didn't make much sense, it felt pretty half assed but I don't think they'll be making any weird sequels from this, and that I must say I respect. So is it worth your money? Well read my review again and find out, if you don't have any problems with anything I've said then go ahead, I don't regret buying it for one! I played the Ps3 version, and while there were slight lag in some cutscenes it was nothing serious and the gameplay itself was pretty smooth. Thanks for reading! Expand
  19. Mar 20, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is a very very good game. It's not an RPG, it's an action game with some RPG elements, ie levelling up powers and some moral choices. I admit I've not had time to finish it yet but I'm enjoying the ride. If you enjoyed ME2 this is more of the same, you meet some old friends and watch some die. On the PS3 version there are a lot of glitches, especially in cut scenes but it isMass Effect 3 is a very very good game. It's not an RPG, it's an action game with some RPG elements, ie levelling up powers and some moral choices. I admit I've not had time to finish it yet but I'm enjoying the ride. If you enjoyed ME2 this is more of the same, you meet some old friends and watch some die. On the PS3 version there are a lot of glitches, especially in cut scenes but it is a big game. Weapons are varied and powers are very useful in tight situations. After the initial battle on earth it calms down and sometimes feels a bit mellow considering the situation facing all living beings. I've had some great battles but I've also had a lot of walking about doing nothing. There are some missed opportunities that Bioware should have grasped with both hands but it's still a great game. Some of the game feels like an afterthought, like somebody said, hey lets drive an Atlas, for a very short time! The multiplayer is good fun as well but I've suffered a lot of disconnections, and they seem to be when I'm top of the leaderboard and on wave 10, ho hum. I recommend this game and it's much more fun than MW3 and BF3. Expand
  20. Mar 20, 2012
    I love this game. Even with 0-day DLC, even with some glitches and slowdowns. I love it. Although, I didn't get to the end, I believe that I will stay in love with Mass Effect anyway, no matter of what ending Bioware writers have chosen.
    Cause ME3 is the most intriguing and intensive game with fun shooting :). I also think the story and how we make choices in this game can really open our eyes on what is doing in our world. It's a great useful experience for me.
  21. Mar 10, 2012
    Graphics are top notch, some framerate issues but nothing game breaking. Shooting is clunky, but characters and RPG elements are excellent.
  22. Mar 17, 2012
    Okay so this isnt quite a ten. Ill tell you why. Because it isn't the gameplay: with better enemy AI and combat flow I really enjoyed playing both good combat sequences (at last) and great RPG elements. But lets get to the point. Galactic Readiness pisses the living **** out of me - I go get war assets and lose much more later. REALLY? Also the damn ending! JESUS CHRIST, NO NEED TO MAKE ITOkay so this isnt quite a ten. Ill tell you why. Because it isn't the gameplay: with better enemy AI and combat flow I really enjoyed playing both good combat sequences (at last) and great RPG elements. But lets get to the point. Galactic Readiness pisses the living **** out of me - I go get war assets and lose much more later. REALLY? Also the damn ending! JESUS CHRIST, NO NEED TO MAKE IT CLEVER! WHO REALLY CARES ABOUT THE REAPER ORIGIN! ID HAVE BEEN MORE HAPPY IF IT WAS LEFT A MYSTERY. THERE SHOULD ONLY HAVE BEEN ONE ENDING TBH, DESTROY DA **** REAPERS! But apart from these, a very strong game. Expand
  23. Mar 18, 2012
    There isn't a lot of side quest, but it doesn't break the game. Combat is more dynamic (for me, ME2 was too slow in terms of movement), and it's new features are quite addictive - side roll and unlimited run time (ough, finally, N7 graduate that actually can run), in particular.
    Yes, it's not so RPG (neither ME2 was), and advertisement trailers are just lies (i'm talking about "interactive storytelling" one here). Dialogs (and dialog options) are fewer and shorter.
    There are some annoying things (like scanner between CIC and war room, that stops you for about 5 seconds every time - goddamn thing, why is it here?), some bugs (most of them are sound or interface related - displaying incorrect info), and framerate drops - in intensive cutscenes, usually.
    Sure, it's all understandable and forgivable. Earth is under siege, so why are you chatting down here? It could be a [hidden] timer for how much more Earth can sustain, but there is no such a thing. Perhaps it's for the better.
    I was worried about music - but it fits well. And no more sound warping (heeeeavy doppler effect) when running, at last. Voice acting and lip sync are good.
    Many people complaining about they haven't got any answers in ending. Perhaps they lack perception, knowledge of basic physics or just don't want to think, i can't guess. For me, the only question i've left was "why the hell Normandy engaged FTL drives?". Ending is good for me (well, at least the one i have chosen - and almost without any doubts), and closing cinematic is very emotional.
  24. Mar 12, 2012
    Terrible animations, graphics, and gameplay. All wrapped together in the first game that allows you to skip the game. The clear worst in the series, and everything wrong with modern videogames.
  25. Mar 13, 2012
    Too good to miss. Ignore the user negative reviews. They have nothing to do with the game. This trilogy is one of the best gaming experiences I've had. There are some quibbles, but it's hard to complain about a game who's story makes me care.
  26. Mar 16, 2012
    No other game gives you the ability to make choices that their consequences or rewards would expand over multiple games... Mass Effect Saga does that, and that was what was most appealing to me about it. It truly has replay value written across all 3 games, and that is something that is not showcased in any other game I have played. The story in ME3 is massive, and when you take intoNo other game gives you the ability to make choices that their consequences or rewards would expand over multiple games... Mass Effect Saga does that, and that was what was most appealing to me about it. It truly has replay value written across all 3 games, and that is something that is not showcased in any other game I have played. The story in ME3 is massive, and when you take into account the full plotline from the time you stepped down on Eden Prime to destroying the Collecters... it's truly a Saga that should honestly be considered an instant classic! Aside from the story, the gameplay is fantastic. Much better than ME1 and an improvement over ME2. The Soundtrack feels a bit old, but it's the tone of the music that intensifies during combat that really makes you feel helpless while being overwhelmed by husks! Loved every minute. Definitely a worthy purchase and worth all $60. Go get it! Expand
  27. Mar 23, 2012
    Still the same great mass effect story and characters and gamplay we have come to know in the previous games. Game is more story focused as bioware did away with tedious planet scanning etc. and the firefight gameplay is complimented with great level design. But i agree that a top tier game/story/world maker like BIOWARE should have made a better ending. Such a bad-ass game/trilogyStill the same great mass effect story and characters and gamplay we have come to know in the previous games. Game is more story focused as bioware did away with tedious planet scanning etc. and the firefight gameplay is complimented with great level design. But i agree that a top tier game/story/world maker like BIOWARE should have made a better ending. Such a bad-ass game/trilogy deserves a bad-ass ending, its not for sure dumb weak sauce stuff the last 15 minutes. BUT GAME IS 40 hours long ending is 15 minutes so still a 10 Expand
  28. Mar 11, 2012
    A great sequel, with enhanced gameplay mechanics as well as bringing back aspects of the original that were missed, and a story that does not disappoint.
  29. Mar 22, 2012
    After careful consideration i am ready to give my opinion as unbiasedly as possible. The game is shorter than the second installment but the production values and story are better. The environments look fantastic but character models are not the best. This installment is better than the first two in terms of gameplay. Movement and cover system are vastly improved from the last two games.After careful consideration i am ready to give my opinion as unbiasedly as possible. The game is shorter than the second installment but the production values and story are better. The environments look fantastic but character models are not the best. This installment is better than the first two in terms of gameplay. Movement and cover system are vastly improved from the last two games. Very little effort is required for the sidequests which pretty much consist of fetching items for people. I did not like that there were no side quests available after scanning random planets, something i really enjoyed from the first two. I was really disappointed that none of the characters from me2 were available on your squad in this game (excluding garrus and tali). I felt that this game was shorter than the last two but not significantly. Love the customization, (most of) the writing, the weapons, the new and improved biotic powers. I cant even begin the describe how atrocious the ending of this game was. The whole game was amazing to play until this moment. The brilliance of the entire series is undermined by the ending. Whoever wrote the ending of this game should be banned from writing. Anything. Ever. Expand
  30. Mar 14, 2012
    I thought the game was awesome up until the end. I hating the ending and I think BW can do much better. That said, the triology was still one of the most awesome gaming experiences that I've ever had and will be much better if they change the ending. While I think the real score I would rate this is about a 7 or 8 I am giving it a 10 based on the rest of the game and previous games and toI thought the game was awesome up until the end. I hating the ending and I think BW can do much better. That said, the triology was still one of the most awesome gaming experiences that I've ever had and will be much better if they change the ending. While I think the real score I would rate this is about a 7 or 8 I am giving it a 10 based on the rest of the game and previous games and to try and offset the other people trolling on here that are obviously marking the score low because of the ending. I think BW deserves a fair score.â Expand
  31. Sep 3, 2012
    I love the coolness of a pc game-title o n my ps3. I almost feel like a hardcore gamer when playing this game. It looks and plays almost a s good as it does on a real pc system. Crap I don't have 3GB video-memory like they do though. Maybe when I'm good all year I will have a cool system in a year!
  32. Jul 14, 2012
    Woah. Have just completed the best game I've ever played. (I didn't anything would take the title from the circa 1994 System Shock). An evolutionary progression that somehow results in a game a generation on from anything else I've played. Emotionally engaging in a way few films or books and even fewer games manage. Gameplay mechanics are both harder and vastly improved on ME2's (whichWoah. Have just completed the best game I've ever played. (I didn't anything would take the title from the circa 1994 System Shock). An evolutionary progression that somehow results in a game a generation on from anything else I've played. Emotionally engaging in a way few films or books and even fewer games manage. Gameplay mechanics are both harder and vastly improved on ME2's (which were almost embarrassingly bad) and have evolved into a rock solid shooter, while keeping the same richness of story. The narrative is much tighter than ME2's and can feel more limited but the trade off is some truly amazing substories. The ending is a little 'thin' but is interesting enough and can hardly be described as 'disappointing'. Expand
  33. Jul 24, 2012
    Well one of the best gaming series ever has come to an end. When I first got my hands on the game I immediatly notices differences from the second game. The first of course is the graphics. Although they don't compare to the those of Uncharted, Gears of War, and Crysis they are still good in their own way. The next thing I noticed is new animations. This is good because in a lot of sequelsWell one of the best gaming series ever has come to an end. When I first got my hands on the game I immediatly notices differences from the second game. The first of course is the graphics. Although they don't compare to the those of Uncharted, Gears of War, and Crysis they are still good in their own way. The next thing I noticed is new animations. This is good because in a lot of sequels devs will recycle the same animation. I got to the story and it was extremely good no suprise there. The gameplay was great, weapons where awesome, and the characters where likeable. The multiplayer isn't that great to be honest. It seem like something they tacked on to add more to the game. Although the free DLC is a bonus it isn't much of a plus. Now here comes the ending drama. (Please note that I am writng this review after the extended cut dlc). This part of the game has gathered a lot of negative feedback. The ending by far was good. The main thing I have a problem with is what Bioware promised. The ending didn't have much variety in them. Also your decisions really don't have zero effect on the ending as well which is a huge let down. Overall this is an amazing game but if you where a fan from the begining them you will feel disapointed at the end. That doesn't take away from the game though. It does so much good that it heavily out weighs the bad. Mass Effect 3 is a 9/10 if they would have got the ending right it would have been a master piece. Expand
  34. Jun 27, 2012
    Once you have the Extended Cut the nonsense of how we got from point A to point C and then to Z goes away. It would have been better if the game had not created major plot holes originally, but the added detail goes a long way to correct the ambiguity. I like what Christopher Nolan said about ambiguity.
    "I
  35. Jun 15, 2012
    There are 2 reasons why most people hate this game or gave it such a low score. 1: The ending, although its not a great ending. This is not burger king. You cant always have things your away. Its still a great game overall. If you gave it such a low score cause of the ending..You need to stop being full of yourself. Still a great game. 2: Gay scenes..If you get offended because of thatThere are 2 reasons why most people hate this game or gave it such a low score. 1: The ending, although its not a great ending. This is not burger king. You cant always have things your away. Its still a great game overall. If you gave it such a low score cause of the ending..You need to stop being full of yourself. Still a great game. 2: Gay scenes..If you get offended because of that there's an easy solution. Its simple..Don't get in a gay romance. Avoid it. You don't have to be in the gay relationship. Don't be ignorant and hate on this game for silly non important things. In life you cant always have things your way. Its a great game which is what matters. Lots of movies, lots of games have really horrible ending and you know what that's okay. The developers wanted that ending so they gave us that ending. We cant be spoil and want everything to be perfect cause nothing in life is perfect. Even if the ending was different people would still find ways to critique this game. Overall..like i said..This is a great game. Im new to the mass effect franchise and this is the first one that i played and i love it. Nothing is wrong with it. Don't let little things or silly things, non important things change your opinion. The game play the overall feel of the game is great. Which is what matters at the end of the day. Expand
  36. Aug 11, 2012
    This game is what you expect from a mass effect game and more, which is awesome. The only reason it isnt a ten is because of the ending, which isn't too bad, but enough to make people give it zero's and low scores on metacritic. If you like the series, buy this game, but be warned, the last ten minutes you probably wont like.
  37. Jun 13, 2012
    And here I thought that everyone else was a spoiled gaming troll wanting a game to fulfill their sad hopes and dreams. Yet, know I see why so many have complained. As much as I have truly enjoyed Mass effect 1, 2, and 99% of 3, the horrible ending just destroyed all of that enjoyment. It's as if the writers, creators, developers gave up on the last few minutes of the game. Too manyAnd here I thought that everyone else was a spoiled gaming troll wanting a game to fulfill their sad hopes and dreams. Yet, know I see why so many have complained. As much as I have truly enjoyed Mass effect 1, 2, and 99% of 3, the horrible ending just destroyed all of that enjoyment. It's as if the writers, creators, developers gave up on the last few minutes of the game. Too many loopholes, no closure on any of the characters, and incoherent, vaguely similar ending choices. Mass Effect 1 and 2 were beautifully put together, but this ending of such a fantastic trilogy needs tremendous work. Expand
  38. Mar 18, 2012
    Macnificent game the other people just have no taste!!!! One of my top 3 best games ever played!Graphically superb! Great story line! Loved it!!!!:-) I hope the movie is close I as good as this!
  39. Mar 17, 2012
    this game was awesome, no other game keeps you as emotioally attached the story, and i felt the ending was quite fitting despite all these protests. The action was improved and the multiplayer was surprisingly fun, if a little unnecessary
  40. Mar 8, 2012
    I read a lot of the ratings posted by others and realized that a lot of the low ratings are because of the DLC. I generally don't pay for additional DLC content, but other reviewers suggested that it the content has a somewhat large impact on the story, which suggests that Bioware should have included it in the original game. That being said, the rating of the game shouldn't be deductedI read a lot of the ratings posted by others and realized that a lot of the low ratings are because of the DLC. I generally don't pay for additional DLC content, but other reviewers suggested that it the content has a somewhat large impact on the story, which suggests that Bioware should have included it in the original game. That being said, the rating of the game shouldn't be deducted just because of this. This game feels very similar to Mass Effect 2. The ship, the interactions with people and even the way you travel around the world. In some ways, I think its more like an expansion than a full game. This being said, I am not yet finished the game so this is based on what I've played so far. The combat system has been suuped up. There are specific classes to specialize in which gives special abilities, which allows you to fight how you want to. This customization is definitely an improvement to the old game. The voice acting is pretty good, very similar to mass effect 2 (which was also very good) The cinematics are not bad, and the game does focus on these more than actual gameplay. Gameplay seems to have lost some depth.

I can't comment on the story yet, but it seems to build on the story lore that mass effect 2 first explored. (I didn't play mass effect 1). The music and sound are pretty good. They match the cinematics and game play very well. Overall, the game isn't revolutionary. But there are improvements from Mass Effect 2. However, I feel the depth in story telling of Mass Effect 2 was better, but will see how it goes on as I continue the game...
  41. Mar 21, 2012
    Bioware has once again provided a excelent game with mass effect 3. From the amazing storyline, to the perfected shooter experience, the new customizable weapons, and the multiplayer that to be honest i was a little worried about they have came through once again and provided a great game that I would recommend to anyone.
  42. Mar 12, 2012
    Seems like there is alot of trollers here on metacritic.. giving the game a 0 is not fair by any means.. i am a true fan of the game and has been since ME 1 and seeing it from a "player eyes" of view i see, Great Graph, Great Storyline where hard choices HAS to bee made, great characters and some of the most heartbreaking, fun, sad and epic cut scenes and conversations.. the game is notSeems like there is alot of trollers here on metacritic.. giving the game a 0 is not fair by any means.. i am a true fan of the game and has been since ME 1 and seeing it from a "player eyes" of view i see, Great Graph, Great Storyline where hard choices HAS to bee made, great characters and some of the most heartbreaking, fun, sad and epic cut scenes and conversations.. the game is not perfect, with an ending witch seems hurried and unfinished you dont get the feeling of havin achieved something great.. but despite the ending, this game is an epic one and a game of witch competes for the Game Of The Year 2012 Expand
  43. Mar 19, 2012
    This game is amazing. The characters are well fleshes out, the conflicts are fulfilling and worthy of the series. The gameplay is solid, though it lacks the RPG elements it commonly boasts itself to hold. It kind of just feels like just a shooter sometimes. The ending is crappy, but don't let that be the only reason you should refuse to buy this game. It's still a 30 hour roller coaster ofThis game is amazing. The characters are well fleshes out, the conflicts are fulfilling and worthy of the series. The gameplay is solid, though it lacks the RPG elements it commonly boasts itself to hold. It kind of just feels like just a shooter sometimes. The ending is crappy, but don't let that be the only reason you should refuse to buy this game. It's still a 30 hour roller coaster of a time even if the last 10 minutes made you want to punch our your TV. Expand
  44. Mar 20, 2012
    Nothing but hatred on these reviews so far it looks like. All I have to say is that I've dropped hours and hours into the multiplayer coop and see no signs of stopping. People need to get off their high horse and actually have fun with games. I haven't dabbled into the single player story yet but my assumption is the low score is due to fan-boys getting all bent out of shape due toNothing but hatred on these reviews so far it looks like. All I have to say is that I've dropped hours and hours into the multiplayer coop and see no signs of stopping. People need to get off their high horse and actually have fun with games. I haven't dabbled into the single player story yet but my assumption is the low score is due to fan-boys getting all bent out of shape due to unrealistic expectations. I'll get around to the single player campaign at some point but for those of you who love coop based coordination and surprisingly deep strategy laced online play with tons and tons of unlockables, the multiplayer alone is worth the asking price. Expand
  45. Mar 12, 2012
    Brilliant game, I love the storyline the gameplay, the cutscenes. It was everything I wanted in the game. The fact that you can choose between male and female characters to be with is a significant advancement in the games like these. Thank you BioWare -- 10/10!
  46. Mar 13, 2012
    Haven't played it but I know it doesn't deserve a 3.6, and I only played the demo. I guess I'm only putting this up here because I see so many children crying about their beloved franchise going to s**t with the ending this game supposedly had. God you people are lame.
  47. Mar 10, 2012
    I think if you fan of 1 mass effect this game for you will be a peace of s**t but if you are a fan of 2 mass effect you will enjoy this game a lot.Briliant story,cool characters,great action this are waiting for you
  48. Mar 12, 2012
    It's great. More of ME2, which is what I wanted. The ending may be disappointing to a certain extent -- but how can it not be? It's the end of ME! Very fun game.

Giving a low score because of day 1 DLC or Origin is dumb.
  49. Mar 18, 2012
    After completing the game one has to wonder whether Bioware diverted all their resources to Star Wars - The Old Republic. One can only hope that is the excuse for this ending to the series. Regardless of the excuses or, perish the thought these "endings" were actually planned out, the Nihilistic ending made me regret having spent time even bothering to develop a character. Perhaps it's aAfter completing the game one has to wonder whether Bioware diverted all their resources to Star Wars - The Old Republic. One can only hope that is the excuse for this ending to the series. Regardless of the excuses or, perish the thought these "endings" were actually planned out, the Nihilistic ending made me regret having spent time even bothering to develop a character. Perhaps it's a joke. Or a calculated business move to offer DLC that lets you have an ending where you actually have some impact. As such this mess is such a shame for what had been such a promising series. In my humble opinion it is that bad. And it's sad. Not the sadness of any ending but the saddest thing in the world: Wasted potential. The wasted potential from a sloppy meaningless ending to an otherwise previously well executed series. I have lost the will to replay Mass Effect due to the ending. If that was Bioware's (and/or EA's) intentions, then well played EA/Bioware. I won't bother to return. If this is the same attention they plan for other games then I wish them well. I will not be playing them. Expand
  50. Mar 22, 2012
    Nothing less then perfection. I managed to get a copy a few days early and I never thought the story and game could top what the last two games have delivered, but this keeps getting better and better! You really do feel the weight of those decisions you made. Its great to finally see the outcome of these shaping after waiting for 5 years in curiosity as to what would happen.
  51. Mar 6, 2012
    A 10 from me since it doesn't deserve the negative reviews its getting, I don't want this to turn out just like Modern Warfare 3 did an this is a game i actually like.
  52. Mar 6, 2012
    Bioware retrurns to the stage to provide a magnificent end to an epic series!

Mass Effect 3 provides beautiful scenery, invigorating combat, heart wrenching stories and an all around immersive experience. Bioware has once again proven that they are one of the greatest developers around! Check out Mass Effect 3 available on EA Origin alongside other great hits such as: Battlefield 3, The
    Bioware retrurns to the stage to provide a magnificent end to an epic series!

Check out Mass Effect 3 available on EA Origin alongside other great hits such as: Battlefield 3, The Sims 3, annd Star Wars - The Old Republic!
  53. Mar 9, 2012
    This game is absolutely amazing, it combines the things i loved about the first 2 games into a highly entertaining experience. Some hardcore RPG fans may be put off because of the higher emphasis on action but most of the things that made the first 2 great are here. The game doesn't deserve this user rating i dont get what people could possibly complain about, it is the conclusion to oneThis game is absolutely amazing, it combines the things i loved about the first 2 games into a highly entertaining experience. Some hardcore RPG fans may be put off because of the higher emphasis on action but most of the things that made the first 2 great are here. The game doesn't deserve this user rating i dont get what people could possibly complain about, it is the conclusion to one of the greatest franchises of all time. Stop spamming and **** about this game cause it doesn't deserve it. Expand
  54. Mar 12, 2012
    The homophobic comments on this site are disheartening and violate the spirit and themes of the Mass Effect trilogy at its core. Those that make such comments here are most likely only a handful of ignorant and idiotic spammers. This game is as fun as the others. Importing a ME2 save makes the game much better. However, I will say the ending feels incomplete, even if you get the bestThe homophobic comments on this site are disheartening and violate the spirit and themes of the Mass Effect trilogy at its core. Those that make such comments here are most likely only a handful of ignorant and idiotic spammers. This game is as fun as the others. Importing a ME2 save makes the game much better. However, I will say the ending feels incomplete, even if you get the best ending.There is no forced gay relationship in this game. It's odd that they would take issue against a gay relationship but be totally cool with sleeping with an alien. As a gay gamer, I loved that I could continue what I started with Kaidan in ME1. It's refreshing to build a character/life to reflect my own real-world hopes and dreams. I miss Kaidan already. Expand
  55. Mar 8, 2012
    To those of you who reviewed this on March 6, 2012 - How can you make a fair and educated rating of the game without having played it? I for one, am in love with this game. I'm about 30 hours through now, and I don't see the end any time soon, which says a lot in terms of amount of gameplay in comparison to other releases nowadays. In addition - I have never cried as many times, or asTo those of you who reviewed this on March 6, 2012 - How can you make a fair and educated rating of the game without having played it? I for one, am in love with this game. I'm about 30 hours through now, and I don't see the end any time soon, which says a lot in terms of amount of gameplay in comparison to other releases nowadays. In addition - I have never cried as many times, or as hard, as I have while playing this game. Sure, some of the dialogue is hokey at times, but the way BioWare designed this game definitely instills you with a feeling of "Wow, this is really the end."

That being said, my only complaint about the game thus far is that I feel as though Cerberus is the main enemy, not the Reapers. That being said, there are some things that allude to the latter, but I will not mention them here because of spoilers.
  56. Mar 19, 2012
    Fantastic end to the series, these people griping are crazy! Story is fantastic and against popular decisions think the ending it perfect for the tone of the game and the story... Do yourself a favour and get this game, you will not be disappointed!
  57. Mar 7, 2012
    One of the better games I've played in the last decade; Mass Effect 3 improves on the other preceding titles in virtually all manners barring some subjective ways others may deem inaccurate or useless. To explain: The combat is much better and smoother, conversations are more realistic and just in general top-notch, the characters both new & old are vastly improved, voice actingOne of the better games I've played in the last decade; Mass Effect 3 improves on the other preceding titles in virtually all manners barring some subjective ways others may deem inaccurate or useless. To explain: The combat is much better and smoother, conversations are more realistic and just in general top-notch, the characters both new & old are vastly improved, voice acting (especially from Mark Meer) is vastly superior and the emotion runs high in the story throughout. Most importantly, the story is much better than Mass Effect 2's, although it falls short (barely) of Mass Effect 1. I strongly suggest buying it for these reasons alone, but there is more...

The multiplayer, which is unexpected to say the very least, had me underwhelmed when I first saw it disclosed, but when I played the demo, and now in the retail, I have grown to see it as an integral component to the game and like the rest of it is of massive quality. The supplementary "Galaxy at War" is also interesting, if underdeveloped, and I would like to see it improved in future DLC.

Lastly, I should mention what I found to be bad:

-Animations when taking cover can sometimes glitch and freeze characters or make them look lifeless (i.e. you have full control but while on the wall they don't breath etc)
    -Some old friends in the textures popping up; this is rare, and happens almost universally after you finish an N7 mission.
    -I would have liked if it was more difficult, it's easy (to an extent) for a gamer of my skill (Average, possibly slightly above-average).
    -A few plot holes, easily forgivable given their minimal impact/enjoyable repercussions

Other than those small gripes, the game is outstanding, and is well worth the price of the retail and even the Collector's edition; if you own an Xbox or PC (I do not recommend for Playstation due to lack of Mass Effect 1) you owe it to yourself to play -experience- Mass Effect 3 for yourself. Don't listen to the 10's who blindly love the game, or the reds/0's who give their gripes with EA/Bioware/DLC as reasons for hate, carefully evaluate what the critics say and compare it with a rental or a purchase; I promise you will not regret it.
  58. Mar 7, 2012
    Do yourself a favor and ignore the negative reviews that come from angry haters who have not played this game. The User score has more to do with anger about DLC and does not fairly reflect what this game has to offer. I picked up this game yesterday morning, put it in my system and spent the entire day with a giant smile on my face. The game is that good! It felt wonderful to be backDo yourself a favor and ignore the negative reviews that come from angry haters who have not played this game. The User score has more to do with anger about DLC and does not fairly reflect what this game has to offer. I picked up this game yesterday morning, put it in my system and spent the entire day with a giant smile on my face. The game is that good! It felt wonderful to be back in the Normandy, surrounded by old friends as well as new faces. If you enjoyed the first two games, you will have a hard time not enjoying this game... well... unless you are one of those gamers who can't handle change, and if that is the case enjoy your bitterness.

Things to know that might help you decide if you want this game: 1) A lot of the negativity comes from the Day1 DLC ($10 cost), fans feel the DLC was pulled from the full game and sold separately to unfairly make a profit. After playing the DLC mission I have to agree that the DLC should have been part of the game, or at the very least it should have been cheaper. This was one of the first missions I played, and although I suppose you can do without it, I really felt it was an important part of the story. On the other hand after getting the Prothean character I have yet to be able to bring him along on a mission, for some reason he is blacked out every time. Not sure why that is, but I suppose he will unlock later on in the game, like Sebastian did in DA2, but after paying $10 extra for a character I would kinda like the option to bring him along on every mission if I should so chose.

2) The game feels more combat focused with less focus on exploration. One of the great things about the first 2 ME games was the feeling that you were on an amazing adventure and the whole galaxy was yours to discover. So far ME3 seems very limited in exploration, but I am still early into the story, so perhaps that will change. I really hope that will change, but I am starting to wonder.

3) Weapon system... kinda confusing. They keep changing this, and I am never really sure why. I was lost the first few times that I tried to equip a new weapon, maybe it is just me, but I found it very confusing and ended up accidentally missing out on opportunities to equip new weapons during the first mission. Once you get control of the ship though you are able to play with this and figure out what you need to know, but I was somewhat put off by this.

4) No more hacking. ME 1 & 2 had you doing little puzzles to hack doors and safes, and ME3 has done away with that chore. I think this was a good move, since hacking got boring after a while, but if you are someone who likes the hacking this might be missed. 5) For those people who have not played the first two games, I would recommend playing them first. I suppose you can jump into the story with ME3, but I think much of the story will be lost on you. Plus the wow moments would probably be a lot less wow if I didn't know the back story.
  59. Mar 6, 2012
    It's a great game with a great story line. The only thing that I don't like about the game is that because I like to be perfect, I usually would spend hours just going back and choose all the choices that are given which is a pain in the ass. But other than that, it's a great game and I definitely recommend it to those who enjoy this genre of games.
  60. Mar 6, 2012
    A terrific game.Bioware has really outdone itself in this final installment.Everything including the game play, the story and the music has been improved. This has got to be the most emotionally compelling experience in video game history. The ending though was depressing and I would would have preferred a happier ending. If anyone deserved a happy ending it was Shepard but it was stillA terrific game.Bioware has really outdone itself in this final installment.Everything including the game play, the story and the music has been improved. This has got to be the most emotionally compelling experience in video game history. The ending though was depressing and I would would have preferred a happier ending. If anyone deserved a happy ending it was Shepard but it was still beautiful. My favorite Mass Effect game and deserves a perfect 10. Expand
  61. Mar 9, 2012
    Best series/game/narrative/story I've ever had the pleasure of playing. The way Bioware has been able to connect the strings throughout this complicated trilogy is amazing. Every mission has something that people who have played the whole series will love, some are so minuscule you might not even notice or remember. It should be illegal to play this game without playing the previousBest series/game/narrative/story I've ever had the pleasure of playing. The way Bioware has been able to connect the strings throughout this complicated trilogy is amazing. Every mission has something that people who have played the whole series will love, some are so minuscule you might not even notice or remember. It should be illegal to play this game without playing the previous entries. I'm not here to give a full review, I just came here to give it a 10 to combat all these kids who read the ending and can't handle it. This is easlily the BEST GAME I've ever had the pleasure of playing. Thank you Bioware! Expand
  62. Mar 7, 2012
    Loved the game. I have played Mass Effect 1 and 2 each 8 times. I just beat part 3 today and loved it. Sure it has a bunch of issues.....but I think that everyone was expecting an 11/10 and since they didn't get it they are giving it a 0.

Also, people need to get over the whole DLC thing. It will be a good story but it is NOT needed to get the full story of Mass Effect 3.
  63. Mar 9, 2012
    This game is a great game, tis very sad that people are complaining about it being dumbed down; when in fact they are complaining about the very things they wanted gone. Like the mining and how it took so long. Now they say they do not like the whole send a probe down on a planet.... Also the graphics are much better than 2, either people just want to give this a bad review, because it isThis game is a great game, tis very sad that people are complaining about it being dumbed down; when in fact they are complaining about the very things they wanted gone. Like the mining and how it took so long. Now they say they do not like the whole send a probe down on a planet.... Also the graphics are much better than 2, either people just want to give this a bad review, because it is not like the first 2 or they have an SDTV or just being a troll. Of course all games are going to change, yes I dislike Skyrim very much, and love Morrowind much more, but it does not mean other people think Skyrim is good. The only peeve I have with Skyrim, is lack of spellcrafting, and little to non black soul gems, because you cannot make them now.... Expand
  64. Mar 8, 2012
    I love it, gotten goosebumps playing this game more than I can ever recall from a video game. Seeing how so many characters that I care about have grown, is fantastic. I love the job the writers did with many of the characters. Certain ones that I felt lacked emotion early on in the series and didn't like as much as others, really seem to have evolved. Very pleased with Mass Effect 3.
  65. Mar 6, 2012
    The reapers are here and commander shepard is ready to kick ass and save earth! Remember when this game orginally came out and it was relatively unknown with little to no expectations. Well now it has grown to the biggest and most respected game of this generation. Don't let the demo fool you with its framerate issues, graphicial problems and awkward mechanics. The full game is spectacularThe reapers are here and commander shepard is ready to kick ass and save earth! Remember when this game orginally came out and it was relatively unknown with little to no expectations. Well now it has grown to the biggest and most respected game of this generation. Don't let the demo fool you with its framerate issues, graphicial problems and awkward mechanics. The full game is spectacular and not to be missed by any fan of the series from day one or PS3 gamers that picked up at ME2. From the storytelling, to the graphical improvements and overall gameplay mechanics. This game is what everyone expected after finishing ME2 and doesnt disappoint in any category. The Star Wars of the video games is prepared to suck you in once again and not let you go until you completed the quest to end reapers. Please don't let others mislead you on its overall quality, if you played the first or the second you'll definitely enjoy this and want to relive it all over again. Move over Luke skywalker, captain kirk, and hon solo Commander Shepard is the new man in town. Greatest sci fi story ever told and marks a new standard for what we come to expect from video games. Beautiful game all aroujnd. No need for the collectors edition either just purchase the standard 60dollar game and be prepared to never leave your seat. Normandy is back!! Expand
  66. Mar 7, 2012
    As usual, every single butthurt moron who calls themselves "fans" is complaining and shredding this game to pieces, much like the other Bioware games, but the fact is this. This is one of the best games to come out in this console generation. I've seen people comparing it to Skyrim, and saying that Skyrim is better, but it isn't. In Mass Effect 3, everything feels important. EverythingAs usual, every single butthurt moron who calls themselves "fans" is complaining and shredding this game to pieces, much like the other Bioware games, but the fact is this. This is one of the best games to come out in this console generation. I've seen people comparing it to Skyrim, and saying that Skyrim is better, but it isn't. In Mass Effect 3, everything feels important. Everything you do has some end goal. In Skyrim, your side quests feel like nothing but filler, to make the game appear "grand" in scale. Bioware has done it again. They remain one of the top developers to ever bless our consoles, and Mass Effect 3 is not only GOTY contender, but GOTD (decade). Expand
  67. Mar 6, 2012
    I would bet Square or Bethesda is at the bottom of these rampant negative user scores. What a shame... I think the game is outstanding, yes it bothers me about the DLC available for $10 but really didn't bother me enough to prevent my purchase of the DLC at the same time I picked up the game. 99% of the 0 scores don't carry a bit of weight!
  68. Mar 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Not just "a game" This is the best virtual entertainment you will ever play. I love Sci-fi and I love shooters, so naturally this franchise has always caught my attention with its striking images and tales of a great story mixed with intense action however one thing always scared me for whatever reason, that being the term "RPG" I have always been an impatient gamer, attracted to heavy action such as the Uncharted series, God of War and Killzone but recent games like Red Dead Redemption and Mass Effect have started to change me. I'm now completing side quests, Mining planets for materials and going through every option in a conversation to see where it leads. I say all this to hopefully help any other gamer out there that's on the fence about this game or intimidated by the Role Playing aspect. Mass Effect is worth your time and money and I'm positive that it will blow you away. Expand
  69. Mar 6, 2012
    Instead of just complaining because of day 1 DLC and not helping readers actually get a sense of what this game is about, here's an ACTUAL review! First off, if you loved the first two games, odds are that you'll enjoy this one as well. Wraps up the series nicely, with closure on all ends. You can customize your weapons more so than the previous game, and shooting bad guys feels much moreInstead of just complaining because of day 1 DLC and not helping readers actually get a sense of what this game is about, here's an ACTUAL review! First off, if you loved the first two games, odds are that you'll enjoy this one as well. Wraps up the series nicely, with closure on all ends. You can customize your weapons more so than the previous game, and shooting bad guys feels much more satisfying in this game than in the past games. Heart breaking decisions, your squad could be gone at any moment. The writing is as good as ever. Take a chance on this game. Expand
  70. Mar 6, 2012
    Looking forward to playing out the final part of this trilogy. Judging by the demo, it's gonna be great.

You might just find that the majority off the people criticizing the game and scoring it a big fat 0 are Staff from GAME and GAME-STATION in the UK.
  71. Mar 6, 2012
    I really liked the game. It feels quite a bit like ME2 to be honest though, the combat mechanics really have not changed very much. I was disappointed because I wanted to see a bit more, but nonetheless, I still love the game. I actually traded in terrible mw3 to get this game and I have no regrets doing it, I know I will playing the game for a while from now and attempt to get everyI really liked the game. It feels quite a bit like ME2 to be honest though, the combat mechanics really have not changed very much. I was disappointed because I wanted to see a bit more, but nonetheless, I still love the game. I actually traded in terrible mw3 to get this game and I have no regrets doing it, I know I will playing the game for a while from now and attempt to get every trophy possible. One aspect I do not like is that the game is not entirely free world, the maps are somewhat small but still, how could you make space an open world because this is not SWTOR. I would recommend this game to anyone, although I would read up on the previous games if you have not played any of the others. Expand
  72. Mar 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This has been some ride, since Mass Effect first grabbed my attention. I have played through every bit of the first two games, and loved every minute. Now the final comes, and I feel equal parts excited and sad. Sad that it will have to end, but thrilled to get a chance to play it. And it does not disappoint. The emotion - always the strong point of Mass Effect - is brought to another level. The characters that I have come to care so much about are even more fleshed out. And the goosebumps at certain points of the game...well, I won't spoil. Just get it. Expand
  73. Mar 9, 2012
    Incredible game, I find that their is a lot of fanboys who are just out to hate, sure you loved the first ME but games change over time.. deal with it. This is a beautiful game with a really intense story line. Ginger Shepard FTW
  74. Mar 9, 2012
    Incredible game. Filled with excitement. Great graphics, incredible story. People shouldn't play Mass Effect 3. They should live it. It's incredible, more than we could have hoped for.
  75. Mar 6, 2012
    I guess sometimes there are no absolutes. I've seen enough player reviews on this game, on this site, to assume that there are MANY players who didn't play this game prior to writing a review. They simply assumed how it would be, even down to the graphics. You know, I told myself many times that I would never point out differences between casual gamers and original gamers. But, i findI guess sometimes there are no absolutes. I've seen enough player reviews on this game, on this site, to assume that there are MANY players who didn't play this game prior to writing a review. They simply assumed how it would be, even down to the graphics. You know, I told myself many times that I would never point out differences between casual gamers and original gamers. But, i find myself having to do just that. Casual gamers will say: "it has terrible animations and an outdated storyline". Gamers who have been around for a while (say, 20+ years), will focus on gameplay, knowing the visuals are just cake icing. Bottom line: intense plot, stunning visuals for a game this size, and a gameplay mechanism that weaves into the story perfectly make ME3 the perfect sci-fi rpg. Blizzard couldn't even do better than this, and that is something special. Perfect 10, just like I gave Skyrim. Expand
  76. Jul 10, 2013
    the game is cool and fan
    ~jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
  77. May 18, 2013
    Its easily the Best Game of 2012 i really enjoyed and liked every minute, Yes even the ending was great i nearly cried and this is the only game what could make me cry.Finally not a dissapointment boring always fairy tale happy ending.
  78. Jan 29, 2013
    I don't understand why everybody is complaining about this game. I bought the CE last year and never played the game. So 2 weeks ago the ME3 CE box stared at me me and said: "You bought me to stand around here or are you going to play me?". So I started playing ME 3 and I liked it, I liked it a lot. The second day of playing I went to PSN and bought all DLC because I really had a goodI don't understand why everybody is complaining about this game. I bought the CE last year and never played the game. So 2 weeks ago the ME3 CE box stared at me me and said: "You bought me to stand around here or are you going to play me?". So I started playing ME 3 and I liked it, I liked it a lot. The second day of playing I went to PSN and bought all DLC because I really had a good time. I would give it a 9 but now i give it a 10 to somewhat correct the absurd low scores. Expand
  79. Sep 17, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After nearly 70 hours of gameplay spread out over 2 games and an interactive comic book, The Mass Effect Trilogy has finally come to a conclusion for me. For the entire duration of the series, I had completely lost myself to the story, the characters and the places that Bioware has created.

The series has given me a lot of joy, but also plenty of sadness and even distress. It was so easy to personalize Shepard to such an extant that it was pretty much me in the game. I had developed a great fondness for the supporting characters as one does when they are watching a great film. I have never felt so much while playing a game, and for that, I commend Bioware greatly.

So, how do I feel now that it's over? Not entirely satisfied, but not entirely displeased either. The game's engine is nearly identical to ME2, which is a good thing, since the responsive guns and powers are still there, and the cover system is effective 9 times out of 10; honestly, I didn't go into this game looking for huge gameplay innovations, I simply wanted to be enthralled by the story.

And the story is indeed enthralling. A few hours in, I was as lost in the game as I had been with ME2. The world is a fully realized, fully populated ecosystem with diverse characters and a multitude of options that define Shepard's journey... but not necessarily his fate.

There's the rub... the ending. The ambition of Mass Effect must have put intense pressure on the developers to think of a fitting conclusion to the trilogy. I actually don't have an issue with the concept of having to choose between 3 options in order to end the Reaper war. I think it's ballsy and it makes sense with respect to the science fiction aspect of Mass Effect; any developer could devise an ending that goes off with no unexpected occurrences, whether the Galaxy is saved or not. Every choice ends the war, but comes with some kind of catch that will pain your conscience no matter what. And ultimately there are a lot more questions than answers... but that's how the best sci fi works.

However, a lot of the questions that I was left with were the wrong questions. Like, how did my team end up back on the Normandy at the end? Why isn't my death being mourned? Why isn't there more emphasis on the character that I romanced? Why does it all feel so brief and sudden (which doesn't fit with a series of games that can ultimately add up to 100 hours)? I wanted to see my team and some other key characters deal with the immediate aftermath of the war.

I'm okay with not knowing anything about what the Catalyst is, or why it is so concerned with chaos, or more general information concerning the Reapers' and the Catalyst's roles in the creation/destruction/evolution of life. That information was rightly left to my imagination. But, when the credits rolled, I did not feel a sense of closure with Shepard and his allies. It made me sad and a little disappointed. And I do wish that all the choices that I had made had at least modified how the ending played out, even in subtle ways. Other than that, I like the concept of the three choices.

So, the story is brought to a reasonable, if somewhat flawed conclusion. At first, I was frustrated. But, looking back, the journey itself was incredible and more engaging than any other game I've ever played. I would have appreciated a few loose ends getting tied up concerning the characters, but I think that Mass Effect 3 is, for the most part, a great success.
  80. Feb 10, 2015
    Many people seems to complain because they compare to ME1 and ME2. I did not played ME1 but enjoyed ME2. It might not be as good as ME1, but I think it's still quite good if you compare to other games.
  81. Jan 5, 2014
    Finally, I have acquired copy of ME3 for Christmas. I was unable to get it for many reasons (mostly because I was skeptic about the ending). So, here we go.

In order to reach a wider audience, Bioware made Shepard do most of the talking in order to focus on making the game more action-like. Bioware should have know better than this. And this is where the game loses its one (and only) point. Yet you will still make the major decisions that will greatly affect the story; just the small talk has been automated (though this make the story less personal than the first two games). Don't be fooled, this story MUST be experienced before you die. And your old friends from ME1 and ME2 still have their stories to tell, and this is the game where you finally see how they turn out.

The combat mechanics are...well, I don't know. It's not bad, but I really hate the motion blur when you turn. But there is no more fully rechargeable health like in ME2. Your health is divided. If one portion is gone, the only way to replenish it is by using med-gel. Now that's the best of both worlds (why can't many games do this?) There are more varieties of weapons, and the customization is quite deep.

Now here is where we get to the most controversial thing about the game...the endings. First, DOWNLOAD THE EXTENDED CUT, or you'll get mad. And that's it, you can put your anger to rest. The Extended Cut won't change the endings, but will expand on them. The ending I chose was really emotional, it wrapped up everything, and it was satisfying (thanks to the Extended Cut hehe)

Never touched multiplayer yet, but that just a bonus. Besides nobody plays Mass Effect for multiplayer, so why start now?

Yes, Shepard will talk most of the time, but you still have the power to direct your story. And as long as you have the Extended Cut, there one of the endings ought to satisfy you. Thank you, Commander Shepard, the galaxy salutes you.
  82. Feb 22, 2013
    Despite alot of criticism, Mass Effect 3 remains one of the greatest rpg/fps games available, the ending really angered me, but after Bioware dlc was released for an extended ending i believe it to be better. Not perfect but better. As a hardcore fan of the franchise i have played each game several times with different outcomes and the choices you make have huge impact on the story.Despite alot of criticism, Mass Effect 3 remains one of the greatest rpg/fps games available, the ending really angered me, but after Bioware dlc was released for an extended ending i believe it to be better. Not perfect but better. As a hardcore fan of the franchise i have played each game several times with different outcomes and the choices you make have huge impact on the story. Despite alot of criticism this is a personal favourite. 8.5/10 Expand
  83. Mar 14, 2013
    As someone who hasn't played the first two games my question was: can I still enjoy Mass Effect 3? The answer is: yes! Sure, "everyone" said I would miss out on so much depth and I wouldn't be able to understand all the connections to various characters. To be honest, I didn't care and just took it for what it was. Which is: the universe is threathened by a group called "the reapers" andAs someone who hasn't played the first two games my question was: can I still enjoy Mass Effect 3? The answer is: yes! Sure, "everyone" said I would miss out on so much depth and I wouldn't be able to understand all the connections to various characters. To be honest, I didn't care and just took it for what it was. Which is: the universe is threathened by a group called "the reapers" and it's up to you to stop them. Simple as that. Whatever I don't understand I just leave it at that, it's not that important. I use my imagination and come up with more or less plausible back stories instead. I haven't finished the game just yet but I feel I'm getting there. I really like how the Mass Effect universe feels like. I like travelling between stars and planets and I like the missions. There's not too much of the "do this 100 times" missions, which usually are common i RPG:s. I will keep this review short and just add one more thing. The choices you make and how they affect the outcome. Since I haven't even finished the game once I can't say how much my choices really affects the game, but what's relevant is that I FEEL like my choices matter. It's all I could ask for. However I get the feeling that some choices I made early on was more important than the ones I've made more recently. And finally, the multiplayer (survival mode) is really enjoyable. At least when you play with friends. Expand
  84. Nov 24, 2012
    One of the most Greatest and Experiencble Games I've Ever played. The Great Story, Characters, Choices and Everything. Though having a small number squad members, but large number of weapons, This game has everything than mass effect 2. So your gonna love this game only if you import a save file.
  85. Jul 8, 2013
    It is an excellent game, a fitting end to the story of Commander Shepard. The only downside is that the original ending is difficult to understand, and leaves many questions in the air and you have no other need to download the extended ending (when download was free, not now). But if you download the Extended Final, and if you can buy the DLC (recommended in my opinion), the game is aIt is an excellent game, a fitting end to the story of Commander Shepard. The only downside is that the original ending is difficult to understand, and leaves many questions in the air and you have no other need to download the extended ending (when download was free, not now). But if you download the Extended Final, and if you can buy the DLC (recommended in my opinion), the game is a masterpiece, and certainly the best of this console generation.

Es un excelente juego, un digno final a la historia de la Comandante Shepard. La unica pega es que el final original es dificil de entender, y deja muchas dudas al aire, y no te queda de otra que descargar el final extendido (que cuando descargue era gratuito, no se ahora). Pero si descargas el Final Extendido, y si puedes compras los DLC (recomendados en mi opinion), el juego es una obra maestra, y sin duda de los mejores de esta generacion de consola.
  86. Sep 30, 2012
    Mass Effect 3 is an amazing game, the narrative is deep and the rpg elements are rewarding.. The game is easy to sink hours into and will quickly become your go to game for quite awhile. This is a great game, I would highly recommend buying it.
  87. Feb 12, 2014
    why so many haters wtf? I know I cant talk any sense into those morons who give this game a 0 just because of the ending but ARE YOU FAKING KIDDING ME? HOW CAN 10 MINUTES IN A 30 HOUR GAME LIKE MASS EFFECT 3 LOWER ITS RATING FROM 9/10 TO 4/10 OR EVEN LOWER? WTF? Feel free to thumb down but get this shame on u all who claim urselves as "fans" but are infact nothing but ragers.
    Mass Effect
    Mass Effect 3 is an RPG with the gameplay of an action game. The new combat system is so much fun to play. In ME2 combat becomes a lot less interesting if u choose classes like sentinel that can only use 2 of the 6 weapon types; abilities are also less powerful so soldier is definitely a go-to class. In Mass Effect 3 however not only did EA double the number of weapons from 29 in me2 to 72, the new combo system is also very fun (hitting the same enemy with 2 specific abilities in succession will lead to an explosion dealing tons of dmg). As an RPG ME3 did hell of a good job in making combat fun.
    ME3 takes place after ME2. The reaper has invaded and shepard must again travel around the galaxy to save humanity and other species as well this time. You will meet new friends as well as old, fight the powerful invaders that want nothing but extinction of all sentient species. (Trust me those are not just promotion this game really is that exciting)
    But in some other aspects, Mass Effect 3 takes a step back. The errand missions (which are the majority of side missions in this game) are boring and does not make any sense, the planet scanning system is removed, and of course the ending. It is seriously pretty disgusting, I must admit, but it is only because it is supposed to be awesome, for Mass Effect 3 is such an anticipated and massive game. It is still better than many, and I must give credit to bioware who tried their best to fix the ending once they realized its problem.
    At this point whoever that is here either has already played ME3 or is not interested and will probably never play ME. So if you are also a rager go ahead, write a 0/10 review. It just doesn't matter any more. BTW thanks for reading to the end.
  88. Sep 29, 2012
    I assumed the internet was overreacting about the ending. However, after investing so much time and emotion into the series, I did end up feeling I deserved something better. However, up until the end, it is an incredible game - full of amazing moments and fantastic ideas. From the epic background action of the first missions to the innovative sonic ideas in the final push, I wasI assumed the internet was overreacting about the ending. However, after investing so much time and emotion into the series, I did end up feeling I deserved something better. However, up until the end, it is an incredible game - full of amazing moments and fantastic ideas. From the epic background action of the first missions to the innovative sonic ideas in the final push, I was frequently just saying "wow" and being completely blown away. The multi-player is solid and fun, but I didn't think it was necessary - and I slightly resented being forced to play it to influence the single-player game. Anyway, basically, it's a very, very good game that could have been 10/10 if it wasn't for the slightly fumbled ending. Expand
  89. Jun 4, 2013
    Mass Effect 3 plays just as great as ME2, but I feel the story was lacking in places and didn't give that same sense of urgency that the 2nd one truely captured. But the gameplay and dialogue once again got me hooked and till the very end I was dreading the fate of Command Shepard who I have come to love throughout the trilogy.
  90. Mar 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm glad critics judged this game. It was great in every aspect. the combat was refined, the faces looked more lively. The ending had maybe two explainable plot holes, but they are minor and are easily over sought. Some complaints were the ending was too dark. The ending killed Shepherd, but his actions saved the galaxy, which leads to complaint two. People feel their actions just make no difference from the previous games. But point one, if specific characters are dead from me2, than that adds a different character we haven't seen in their place. Point two, your choices will not matter, why? because this isn't ultimately about Commander Shepard, it is about galactic safety. Whether you saved the citadel or not, will not matter at the end of the game because the whole plot of getting the reapers is bigger than that. Overall the game play is way better, there are more weapons and suit upgrades, and many emotional turns, had you played the game the whole series. Expand
  91. Feb 4, 2013
    I have played mass effect 2 and I can tell you that people that give this game a low score are just stupid fanboys who are 13 years old and judge the game by its ending. The game is a huge improvement from Mass Effect 2. The combat is hugely improved and everything feels more fresh to me. The level up system is more logic and more fun allowing you to experiment more. ME 2 was sometimesI have played mass effect 2 and I can tell you that people that give this game a low score are just stupid fanboys who are 13 years old and judge the game by its ending. The game is a huge improvement from Mass Effect 2. The combat is hugely improved and everything feels more fresh to me. The level up system is more logic and more fun allowing you to experiment more. ME 2 was sometimes getting boring because there wasn't a lot of guns. Here you have more than thirty guns and each gun class has class mods! Its more fun to create gun based on your playstyle. The combat is a HUGE improvement. When I played ME 2 I felt like a robot on a battlefield that was all stiff and moved like a dummy. ME 3 complete opposite. u can jump,leap,do a roll, YOU JUST feel like a human! And this game has a multiplayer too!. Dont listen to the negative user reviews and buy this excellent game. Expand
  92. Dec 26, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If you ignore the ending, Mass Effect 3 is the best game of the series. The combat, the decision making, the interactions with the game's characters are all top notch. Bioware removed the tedious planet exploring/scanning from previous games, and ensured that side quests are actually fun to play. The choices you make in-game have enormous and satisfying effects on the game's story right up until the games ending. It's this ending that has so many players up in arms against the title. I personally think that most people are over reacting. It's not that bad, in fact, it's actually pretty good if you look at it like any other game. It's artistic, it's satisfying and it sums up and ties off the series' story. The problem is that it barely changes depending on what you've done in the past three games and that's what people were looking forward to most. The only thing the game takes into account during the ending is your galactic readiness score which varies only slightly depending on what choices you've made. This is disappointing, but I wouldn't say it's a game breaker. And the rest of the game more than makes up for it. If you buy this game I would recommend also downloading the extended cut. This helps flesh out the ending a little more. Also, enjoy the game as you're playing through it, don't get you're hopes up on the end. Expand
  93. Feb 7, 2013
    People didn't like Mass Effect 3 because the ending was different from what they expected. Yeah, the ending was a bit of a bummer, but they (eventually) released FREE DLC that fixed that. If you are undecided still on ME3, I recommend that you check it out. It has some top notch characters and development, it has some great voice-acting and some great missions, but the combat IS slightlyPeople didn't like Mass Effect 3 because the ending was different from what they expected. Yeah, the ending was a bit of a bummer, but they (eventually) released FREE DLC that fixed that. If you are undecided still on ME3, I recommend that you check it out. It has some top notch characters and development, it has some great voice-acting and some great missions, but the combat IS slightly repetitive. For £15-20 you can buy it now, so I'd check it out. Expand
  94. Feb 19, 2013
    Sorry to join one of the two extremist camps, but this game is absolutely brilliant, and much of that is due to what the majority of haters...well, hate. The ending is, in fact, BRILLIANT, which is because, as many of your know, the Indoctrination Theory is true. The Extended Cut DLC supports it. Go watch any of Julian Kluk's thoughtful documentaries on YouTube or CleverNoob.com; he hasSorry to join one of the two extremist camps, but this game is absolutely brilliant, and much of that is due to what the majority of haters...well, hate. The ending is, in fact, BRILLIANT, which is because, as many of your know, the Indoctrination Theory is true. The Extended Cut DLC supports it. Go watch any of Julian Kluk's thoughtful documentaries on YouTube or CleverNoob.com; he has 4 1/2 hours of footage supporting it, and it's incredibly convincing and makes disbelieving the Theory more illogical and ignorant than ANY "wrong" endings critics think Bioware made.

Therefore, with a risky, smart, and artistic ending, on TOP of the best story, emotion, and mechanics in the series yet, how can you have anything but a masterpiece?
  95. Feb 19, 2013
    Mass Effect 3 was an amazing game and an excellent ending to the trilogy. At first the ending was a little disappointing but not enough to ruin the game for me, and with the Ending Content DLC it was improved significantly. I look forward to the next game to see where Bioware takes it.
  96. Mar 5, 2013
    People need to get over ending and stop trashing a game that is clearly 9 out of 10. Great Suspense, and great story, ending could have been better but when factoring that the ending contained cut scenes and not just screen caps with text, i think it is well worth it. Honestly if you want the full experience, buy the trilogy and wait for all the DLC to be released. It is a fun ride, wellPeople need to get over ending and stop trashing a game that is clearly 9 out of 10. Great Suspense, and great story, ending could have been better but when factoring that the ending contained cut scenes and not just screen caps with text, i think it is well worth it. Honestly if you want the full experience, buy the trilogy and wait for all the DLC to be released. It is a fun ride, well worth the purchase... Expand
  97. Mar 7, 2013
    I really enjoyed this return to the series. Very rarely do I play a whole series of games, but this one kept me in. 56 hours of play reported against this one, so they must have done something right!

The same quality of story and voices seems to have been maintained throughout this chapter. Well done bioware.
  98. Mar 15, 2013
    Mass Effect 3 is a game that obviously caused a lot of controversy when it released last year due to it's bad ending, I agree that the ending was bad but I don't think it took enough away from the game for me as I was really enjoying the game up to the last 20 minutes. The gameplay is great with fast paced combat and the story is interesting with some great choices to be made throughoutMass Effect 3 is a game that obviously caused a lot of controversy when it released last year due to it's bad ending, I agree that the ending was bad but I don't think it took enough away from the game for me as I was really enjoying the game up to the last 20 minutes. The gameplay is great with fast paced combat and the story is interesting with some great choices to be made throughout the game, It's a good game, The ending was obviously very disappointing for a lot of fans and rightly so, But the Mass Effect Trilogy still has some of the best story and characters of this generation and should not be missed, download the Extended Cut DLC which will soften the blow a bit even though it is still a pretty lackluster ending even with it. Expand
  99. Mar 19, 2013
    OK, so the ending isn't "omg ur awesome here trophy." That doesn't change the fact that this is one of the most immersive, emotionally demanding games ever produced. There are 2 minute snips of overheard dialogue on the Citadel that carry more emotional weight than 95% of games produced today. If you play games for their story this game simply cannot be matched. If you play games forOK, so the ending isn't "omg ur awesome here trophy." That doesn't change the fact that this is one of the most immersive, emotionally demanding games ever produced. There are 2 minute snips of overheard dialogue on the Citadel that carry more emotional weight than 95% of games produced today. If you play games for their story this game simply cannot be matched. If you play games for action there are some very demanding fights and the bellow of the Reapers as they do their best to annihilate you is straight up terrifying. Considering how easy it is to get this game for $15 or so right now, you'd be insane to let the people who didn't like the ending keep you from playing it. Expand
  100. Apr 21, 2013
    this an awesome game for every mass effect fan the storyline is solid and the multiplayer is fun but i wont talk about the ending just play the game and enjoy it
  101. Sep 5, 2012
    I really love this game, the single player was so awesome and mind blowing, that in the end it really, really made cry for the first time in 12 years, it sucked me into the game's story, and it didn't let me go.

Despite what other people say, this is really a game for Bioware to be proud of, I'm going to stay loyal to this series, they tried new things, and thats what they need to do, some people just cant stand changes or new thing, Deal with it, the time is still ticking, and you cannot expect company's to stop experimenting on new features. I really saw the game tech evolve into something more nice and powerful, and it apparently did because i got blown away by not only the story, but also by the awesome effects, the awesome game play, and the awesome, voice acting!

In short this i a must have, you need to like that the games will *Evolve* to be able get more and more awesome then it is now.

If you don't like new stuff, sorry but then your really out dated..
    The added the extended cut to make you able to make more choices, and they did, so stop whining, or GTFO.

10/10 Cant wait for the next related game!

@ bioware: Great job, i'm still a fan, and i always will, just ignore the whining people, think the ending sucked, that makes it a invalid statement, because you really make be cry, and I'm not even kidding..

1. Mass Effect 3 is an amazing experience in and of itself. It's also the perfect capstone to a true AAA franchise, offering a poignant conclusion that'll stick long after the credits have rolled. You're standing on the precipice of one of the best games Earth money can buy. [April 2012, p.60]
  2. If ever a game was more about the journey than the destination, it's Mass Effect 3. And what a journey it is. [May 2012, p.71]
  3. The RGP elements have been toned down considerably in favour of more action. For some this will sound like a bad thing, but trust us when we say that Bioware has thought this through. With the Reapers invading, it would be kind off silly to go on a shopping spree on the citadel. [April 2012, p.60]