8.7

1. Nov 7, 2011
    I know I'm years to late for this rating but I needed to get my 2cents in anyways,great story and great multi-player,get this game now,you dont wanna miss out on an adventure of a life time plus the graphics still look great after 4 years.I do know that making a online account for multi player is a hassle but once you get done be ready for action.
  2. May 13, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ending of a great man, solid snake. I always liked the solid snake more than big boss so this might be the best, epic, last solid snake appearing game in the series. Bosses are a bit lame, and some conversions are a bit long (especially on the plane and briefing scenes). Expand
  3. May 19, 2012
    This is one of the best games of all time. the game has some of the best gameplay, graphics, story, music and characters that can be found in video games. there is a right way and a wrong way to play this game. Metal gear solid is a sneaking game, and thats how its previous games played, but this can also be played like an action game. dont do that. if you see someone complaining about cutscenes, they have not played the previous games, as the number of cutscenes are genuinly required to conclude all issues from the previous games, and maintain its own stroy, which is does perfectly by the end. Expand
  4. Aug 24, 2012
    i bought the ps3 just to play mgs4, im a big fan of the best saga since the first metal gear in ps1, i cant say anymore, just play the best game of the history, the ending is so good that you would not play a game anymore lol seriously i cried at the ending
  5. Apr 9, 2013
    It was so sad to see the end of this game since I wanted to continue it still for hours and hours! The perfect end for a perfect game! The only one not perfect thing could be just found in the cut-scenes lenght which I really enjoied but I admit that I heard a lot of complains about this.
  6. Jun 28, 2013
    What an amazing conclusion to Old Snake's story. The gameplay may be smaller when compared to other games and in the opinion of gamers that are more gameplay than story. The story is unrealistic but when has a game had a vivid and realistic story. The story is the product of a genius and it is even more rewarding if you've played the entire series. While the gameplay may have been short it was still was enjoyable and ran smoothly. No game-breaking bugs or glitches actually I don't believe there were any glitches or bugs. Graphics are so good that even games today can hardly compare them. AI corresponds and adapts to your difficulty with BIG BOSS EXTREME being the most difficult. The only this game a 9/10 is because so many gamers dislike the cut scenes so I do to be fair. This is not a game for people who don't the time to enjoy the story because in the end the story is the supreme feature of this game. Conspiracies, check. Old Snake, check. Stealth and espionage, check. Guns, check. Camouflage, check. Greatest video game I've ever bought, triple check. Expand
  7. Sep 7, 2013
    Hideo Kojima does it again. This game is a true masterpiece, and I don't say this lightly.
    If you are a fan of The Metal Gear Solid franchise you know what I mean when I say that most games directed by Hideo Kojima feels like an interactive movie and this one is not the exception.

The graphics were at the top the gaming industry when this game came out and I can say it's still better
    than most games that have been recently released.
    The story is so well written and has even an underline philosophical profoundness to it, every scene is beautifully thought of.
    Character wise this game is amazing, a LOT of characters from previous MGS titles return, and like always even the villains are so perfectly created that you seem to empathise with them to some degree.

Solid Snake (Probably one of my favorite vg characters of all time) is back for what seems to be his last adventure, and in the end everything finishes on a perfect note.

Cant wait for the next instalment of Metal Gear Solid. In the meantime, if you haven't played this game I highly recommend you pick it up, and if you haven't played any of the MGS games and want to check out the MGS Legacy Collection for PS3.
  8. Oct 19, 2013
    A masterpiece to say the least. Metal Gears Solid 4 presents one of the best cinematic stories ever told in gaming. It will stay in the hearts of many gamers out there forever. That being said, this game is really for those who have a strong knowledge of the other metal gear solid games. If you haven't played the other games you will be lost in this convoluted tale. The game's story is really only at its best with the knowledge of the other games in the back of your head. The gameplay is great as well. Drebin points allow you to unlock an impressive array of weapons and other equipment. The Boss battles are also very well crafted; frantic, fun and keeps you on your feet (Not to mention they are sexy as hell near the end of each battle). A great game that balances true cover based gunplay with awesome stealth options as well. Guns blazing or keep it stealthy. Either way, they gameplay is amazing

One of the best stories in gaming and some really engaging gameplay MGS 4 should be a must play game for any gamer who wants a truly immersive and masterful experience.
  9. Dec 4, 2013
    This game is pretty much my favorite MGS game, the game play was truly astonishing back in the days and still is, this was such a quality game for the PS3 console when it was first released, the graphics, the animation, the cut scenes, the gameplay, the sound.. everything was top notch, Kojima Productions really pushed the PS3 to it's limits when most of the games at that time couldn't even be compared to MGS4, visually.

And then, the most important aspect of the game, the story obviously. The storyline was beyond amazing, i've played through the game so many times because of the storyline, i'm not supposed to spoil anything when writing a review even tho most people have already played this, but i can say that the story was both dramatic and exciting.

I know i'm quite late with a review but i didn't create a user account on metacritic until now so why not give this game some more credits
  10. Mar 18, 2014
    awesome game all the feels on thata, th best way to close the saga is that. i love how kojima write the history, and old snake oh god is so sad is a mature game and a nostalgic game i love it remeber me metal gear 1
  11. Sep 18, 2010
    There's shooting, and shooting for a reason. If you just wana shoot to waste time, there is kinda stupid games like left4dead. But if you want to know WHY you're shooting, then there is MGS4 (and the 3 elders). If you want a smart-close-to-real story witch will stick u to your couch till the end, and when you've finished it, it make you THINK about what you did, what you didn't or what you should have done, there's MGS4. I bought my PS3 only for this game, and i still play near 2 years after my purchase this a Monumental Gaming Story => this is M G S. Expand
  12. Nov 26, 2010
    I think this game was absolutely fantastic, great gameplay, superb graphics and a stunning story.
    But this game is not for everyone, some people love this game because of its long cut scenes more unique gameplay and the complex but amazing story and people hate it for the same reasons. I personaly fell in love with this game and it was my first Metal Gear Solid game since i tried MGS2 a
    couple of years a go and that did not click with me right away. Only minus for me is that has to install every act but that doesn't ruin the game at all. Expand
  13. Jul 5, 2011
    what can i say????this game is AWESOME.it is my favourite stealth game....second is splinter cell conviction.mgs4 has a awesome battle scene like vamp vs raiden and snake vs ocelot ..i like their fight scene....snake can camouflaged himself to a wall or a floor.and i like to watch raiden vs vamp battle scene...
    and i always like mgs4
  14. Aug 28, 2011
    I actually understand why many people do not understand why MGS4 has numerous 10/10. I, too, was an impatient run and gun type of guy. With many games nowadays being released with a quicker pace and a mediocre plot line, I can somewhat relate. I have tried MGS4 so many times, and couldn't decide what to think of it. I finally caught on when I sat back and PAID ATTENTION. It's an art, the slower pace towards the beginning may turn many off, but it's a perfect time to perfect your controls and understand the game mechanics. This is the type of game you cannot DIVE IN, and trust me, I have tried to dive in. Finally, after my 5th try to like this game... I finally understood the 10/10. It's an absolute marvel.

Moments after the introduction, I quickly noticed that you'll be required to learn the controls on your own. Many games released after the PS3 went on market has tuned it's gameplay to focus on accessibility for those that have an inability to memorize control functions. Aside from that, the gorgeous cut scenes really place a deep tone that will follow throughout. It's a wonder how they pulled everything off in time for Guns of the Patriots release.

Stealth is available to purist and gunners alike. It just depends on how you, yourself, will want implement it. Just keep in mind that you will not be able to rely on one type of gameplay. Your arsenal will not only consist of various types of weaponry, but also futuristic camo suits and even an ipod to change the mood of a firefight. The AI are something short of fantastic, but more than mediocre. You'll find them waking up their comrades that you have tranquilized and they can even become suspicious when you follow them whilst hiding under a box. They didn't give me much of a challenge, but enough of one to make it interesting.

Action sequences in this game are unbelievable and sometimes jaw dropping. I found myself putting the controller down distracted, only to find out that I was still playing and was being killed. It's a game that will put you at the edge of your seats. The extremely deep plot may have many confused, and it may well be because this sequel is so tightly interwoven with its predecessors. I have only played MGS2, and was introduced to an overload of information that will only be mentioned once... SO PAY ATTENTION if you want to FULLY understand what is at stake in the game.

Overall, it is a serious game with serious game mechanics with an insanely deep story that will keep you enthralled.
  15. WEL
    Apr 7, 2012
    Last time I played this game was when it came out in 2008 but I started playing it yesterday again and got to beat the Laughing Octopus (and did the photo shoot secret! so sexy) and save Naomi and let me say that this game is still as incredible as I remember it. The music, the gameplay, the graphics aged considerably well, the long cut-scenes which everybody complains about are still awesome too. Now I can't wait to see Raiden again on the next chapter... Metal Gear Solid 4 truly is one of the best games of this generation and I hope Kojima comes up with a MGS5 soon even if it's just a pre-quel. This series is way too good to disappear now. Expand
  16. Nov 30, 2011
    Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots is a pretty old game by now, but does it still hold up on today's standard's? Let's find out.

Metal Gear Solid 4 is made by Kojima Productions. The story of this game is great! Metal Gear is know from it's great cinematic experience, which i don't mind, but i know some people will get annoyed by the very long cut scenes. The story is about Solid
    Snake who is very old in this game, and his mission is to stop his brother Liquid from well... taking over the world with his new thing called The Guns of The Patriots. The story might be a bit complex at times if you haven't played the older Metal Gear games(Even thought you should have played them! )but, it is still a great story. The gameplay is more of the same sneaking that other MGS games are about, but it's fixed. Now you can move while aiming, and if you want to just shoot your way trough the game. There's also a new feature called Drebin Shop, which is a weapon shop. You could complain that this feature will make it easier, but that is more fun than search for the weapons. There's also some tweaks to the movement that are also good. Multiplayer is also added to the game, but i didn't really care about it. The graphics are STILL excellent sure they aren't Crysis 2 graphics , but hey! It's a 3 year old game. Cut scenes are also done very well. Animations are great, the graphics are overall great. So i think that MGS 4 is a great game, and my personal favorite game of ALL TIME. Sure some people are not going to like this cause it's slow paced at times, and the cut scenes are long, but give it a chance
    you might like it.

The Story: 10
    The Gameplay: 10
    The Graphics: 10
    Score: 10
  17. Jan 18, 2012
    A superb ending to a superb legacy. MGS4 is graphically, story wise, and gameplay wise on a whole different level. It's a beautiful story driven game, which has an excellent worked out gameplay. Snake's arsenal of weaponry and skills is equally impressive. The only reason this game doesn't deserve a 10, is because of the ability to buy weapons on the go which is a compromise to modern gaming which is below Kojima and lessens immersion. Expand
  18. Mar 16, 2012
    This is one of the greatest achievements of this generation, the perfect combination of excellence in all aspects of the game. A beloved game without flaws and a great ending for the saga of Solid Snake.
  19. Mar 20, 2012
    A must have for ps3 owners, metal gear solid fans, and people who enjoy stealth action games. The most satisfying conclusion to any video game series ever. The graphics are the BEST ever seen on any game system. The ending fight scene is epic and really ends the series on a great note. Komina productions even added an online mode to keep players into this game for months at a time.
  20. Jun 3, 2012
    Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots will surely set the bar for this generations in terms of quality, and should be the benchmark for a truly great game.
  21. Jun 2, 2012
    A MUST-PLAY game for any PS3 owners. I never played any MGS series, but had no problems enjoying MGS4. So perfect in every way. If you're in doubt, play for first 30 minutes. I can assure you that you'd be agreeing with many people who'd give a perfect score.
  22. Aug 21, 2013
    Metal Gear Solid 4 is just a masterpiece! Hideo did it again, he manage to create another MGS better and better than the last. but every MGS are beyond expectation, there's nothing not to love in the franchise. it got everything. It's really complex, but that's the way we love MGS.
  23. Mar 20, 2014
    This is an amazing installment in the Metal Gear franchise with the return of the lovely hero, Solid, or now known as "Old Snake". The story may be a bit over-complicated at times but it still holds of atrociously well, one of my gripes though, is that the boss battles aren't as good or memorable as in the previous games.
  24. Sep 17, 2014
    The greatest game i ever played. Gameplay is by far the best in any mgs. The stroy is also the most epic and closes in most of the gaps from the previous games. Cutscenes are long but i'm never bored when watching this. Also making snake old is a great addition since we were use to the prime snake who can kick any ones ass easily with no problem. Overall its my favorite game of all time.
  25. Jan 15, 2011
    I do respect the points of view of the users who have given this game a bad review as what most of them say its true, it does have some of the longest cinematics i have seen in a game , but to me , this is not a flaw, because you really need to see these to fully understand what Master kojima wanted to you to feel about the story, yes they are long, but they add so much to the overall feeling of the game ..... The final mission of my favorite character (hence my nickname) , the legendary soldier , now an old man , ready to tackle the impossible just one last time before he can rest in peace, you can see him struggling , His unbreakable will and his skill are his only advantage against a legion of enhanced soldiers much younger than him ....... if you are a fan of the series , this game is an absoulte masterpiece , this game alone is worth the 500 dlls i paid for my ps3 when it was launched ...... The graphics, the soundtrack (In the final battle , i was losing but when i started to hear Snake Eater i made a comeback and bamm!!!!), the controls , the variety of ways you can complete this game is amazing...... Feel like sneaking in ? do it .... Feel like going guns blazing? .... go ahead..... this game has raised the bar in some many ways that it has become the best game of the past 10 years. The only game that i have ever played that made such a huge impact in me was The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. This game was launched on 1998 , i never tought that i would see a game that could top this ...... yeah , there have been great games these past years , Uncharted 2, Gears of war, COD4, Metroid Prime , Mario Galaxy , Mass Effect 1 and 2 , God of War 3 , The Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion....i have played and finished all of these awesome games , but none could come close to Ocarina of Time.....until i played Metal Gear Solid 4 .....Thank you Master Kojima ....i am a 27 year old man , parent and husband ......but you Sir made a game that made me remember why i loved this Hobby so much back when i was 10 years old. Expand
  26. Aug 29, 2010
    Personal favorite in the series followed by Sons of liberty, the original, and then Snake Eater, a game which happens to become better when the series is complete. Guns of the Patriots includes all the great things from its predecessors and follows with its own brilliant work. Play it if you have not yet done so.
  27. Jan 17, 2013
    It might have a lot cutscenes, but it's still very memorable gaming experiene. Great soundtrack, amazing voice acting and nice gameplay... And too bad people start with MGS4, they're always complaining for those cutscenes, but we all know that MGS is like a movie since 1998
  28. Nov 10, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's awesome. A masterpice. Fantastic story and character. Great game play. Large selection of weapons and itens. Lovely cut scenes. And for plus you get Metal Gear Online, a very good game. Expand
  29. Apr 14, 2011
    Overall best game I have ever played. Amazing story. Amazing Graphics. Funny. Serious. Sad. Corny. Unbelievably intelligent. Incredible replay value. Beautiful soundtrack. Great implementation of Sixaxis controls. There's absolutely no reason to give this game anything below a 10. The first game that I have ever decided to keep forever. Absolutely amazing.
  30. Jul 24, 2011
    Simply an epic conclusion to an epic series. This game set the standard for what a conclusion should be from beginning to end. Everything that needed to be cover was covered and everything that I personally wanted to happen happened. Excellent story and gameply my personal favorite game on the next generation of games and maybe of all time.
  31. Aug 8, 2011
    Ahh....MGS what more can i say that ALOT of people don't already know, the game is amazing. i never played any mgs games until Guns of the Patriots came out soo i went out and bought all 4 games at once and i gotta thank Kojima for giving me one of the best summers of my life.
  32. Dec 29, 2011
    es perfecto lo amo, es uno de los mejores juegos que existe en el ps3, me encanta, las grafiacas la historia y el humor de kojima que nunca falta. es grandioso. .
  33. Apr 9, 2012
    Few games merit the title of art. However, this game is just that. Tying up all the loose ends and unanswered questions, this is a cinematic experience that left me immersed in the game till the very end. It is the perfect ending to the story of Solid Snake, as we join him in his final battle.

Gameplay has been refined to the highest caliber, as CQC requires just a tap of the O button.
    From there, other possible options are available when dealing with enemies. Though not as good as the Snake Eater's, the bosses in this game are well built and fun; the last boss fight has to be one of the best endings to a series in general with a fitting backdrop, music and slight gameplay change. With the introduction of OctoCamo, stealth and movement are very much affected, making the player make meticulous choices in which they wouldn't in any other game. Some times, the main objective is supposed to be sneaking instead of firefighting. This is a stark change from other games like Call of Duty and GTA, where one necessarily doesn't have to kill all the enemies to proceed to the next area. Gunplay is pretty much the same, though recoil and grip factors have been added, upping the realistic parts of the game. Customization to guns is very flexible with the addition of the Drebin Points system. This makes the game sometimes too easy, but this is overlooked in comparison to the overall technical prowess of the game.

Even with all these things, something else stands out as a top feature: just how clean this game is. Everything sounds nice, from that gunshot when you choose an option at the main menu to the low-key sound that starts when you save between acts. The blood shown in the game is gritty enough to show that someone is in pain, yet not overly filthy to glorify the act of bleeding. All fights that happen utilize sensible and real-world martial arts and/or some other type of combat. Yet even with all this realism, Kojima Productions is able to pull off awesome and unreal action. There is barely any wasted movement and how the characters move in the game is very satisfying. More important than the gameplay though, is the emotional content. The emotions of anger, happiness, sorrow are all evoked at some point in the game. Towards the end of the game, a pseudo-cutscene with gameplay on the top will start playing; when one comes to this part, they will know exactly what I'm talking about. This particular cutscene evokes a whole lot of emotion and is one of the crowning moments in all of fiction. In terms of plot, many should not find a problem. Other than superfluous dialog, plot is well put together. However, there tends to be debate over just how mixed the plot is, but I for one do not find fault. A gamer is able to connect with at least one character in this game and it is somehow easy to root for all the characters, with the villains included. However, most people will find Snake their main favorite, with this being his final mission. If one were to have played the previous games, the meaning of this would bear a whole lot of weight and emotions would surface. Video games in general don't tend to do that, even to casual gamers. However, this game just does that, and with its technical supremacy, it is well-deserved of a perfect 10 score. There is no better way for the legend of Solid Snake to end other than this. Kudos to the entire staff at Kojima Productions and Konami; you have set a standard for gaming with this adventure.
  34. Jul 4, 2012
    There is nothing I can say that any critic or user hasn't already said. This is objectively and subjectively the best gaming experience in the history of video games. Epic doesn't cut it, it's just out of this world and universe.
  35. Jan 20, 2013
    One of the most touching games ever existed or to be exist. Totally worth your money spent on your ps3 system.
  36. Nov 13, 2012
    it's hard to describe a game like metal gear solid 4. i have to admit, i'm no big fan of the 'shooter' genre, actually i often get tired of most of those games after some hours playing. but like ME2, MGS4 is so much more than just another Cod (for instance). The characters, story, emotions....are simply not of this world. don't miss this game at all costs!
  37. Apr 1, 2013
    An amazing game. A must have for everyone. The cut scenes are damn long and give the game that cinematic feeling. The controls are changed to be more like modern shooters like Uncharted or Gears of War. It even put in a cover system (Well kind of. It was more meant to press against walls for stealth, but it can act as cover.) Just to tell you, there is less gameplay in MGS4 than the others. One thing good about the cut scenes is you can pause them. It's highly recommended that you play the previous games or at least know the previous game's stories as the game makes references from the old games and use them for story elements. Especially characters. There are a lot of weapons and items, but a lot of them are lethal which is a little odd to me. The game also seems to like to use psychology from time to time. This is seen in characters, as a gameplay element, and some story elements. Unfortunately, Metal Gear Online as been shut down so don't expect seeing it. Overall this is the best game in terms of stealth (screw you Assassin's Creed.) I would give this game a 100. But I can't. That sucks. Expand
  38. Jun 16, 2013
    Completed this game around 9 times, and believe me it does not get old, If you do buy this, remember you will be investing in a franchise because after completing this you will definalty be addicted and will probably spend tonnes of money paying for all the others.
  39. Nov 24, 2013
    Easily the greatest game of this gen,the story is fantastic you feel like a true legend playing through the eyes of solid snake AKA old snake ,at times there is the odd silliness but this is expected as part of the series the boss fights are epic the cut scenes are long winded but is a joy to sit back and watch this game is a must for all gamers
  40. Mar 1, 2014
    People give this game such a bad reputation because there are a Lot of cutscenes in this game however if you are a fan of the games universe this is perfect for you because this game series has been going on for near 20 years at the point this game was released and in that time there had been about 7 other games released which covered content from the cold war onwards to the games present day. This game fills almost all the gaps that were there before the game was released.

Now the game itself is amazing for numerous reason such as its graphics, camouflage system, different environments and enemy diversity. The game is made so that stealth is more rewarded but not completely necessary, that surveying the area gives better rewards in ways such as better weapons,drebin points or better vantage points. The graphics for the year are amazing and to this day has only small differences to the 'next gen' graphics from some military franchise or other which is released every year. The variety weapons and equipment gives not only stealth or offensive options but options inside those options which does help when faced with a very secure location.
  41. Apr 5, 2014
    This game is a masterpiece, BUT you need to play MGS 1,2,3 to understand the story...if you played the other 3, you'll love this game, it's awesome from the start menu to the after credits
  42. Jun 18, 2014
    This should have been the best Metal Gear game. Sadly it isn't.
    I won't go in-depth, put here are a few things that people fail to point out in this game.
    1. There are so many cutscenes that are entirely pointless, or could be speed up to save time. Nothing would be lost if these cutscenes were removed. In fact, there are 3 relationships in this game that take up at least 1 hour, of the
    8.5 hours of cutscenes ,that should have been removed as they add nothing to the story. The story should have been refined more.

2. There are a few forced or nonsensical moments. While few in quantity, these moments could have easily been changed.

3. Something that is never addressed is the blizzard effects. This might qualify as the best effect in video game history! Developers generally think as rain, snow, fog, ect... as an auxiliary to the game. If the blizzard effects were not in MGS4, the game would be much less impressive. The snow gradually collects on stationary objects. The high winds can push snow off, or carry more onto an object. Taking cover will make the snow gradually fall off in an impressive manner. The blizzard obscures Snake's vision, sometimes inhibiting his line of sight to a meter in front of him; conversely the storm may lighten up to allow Snake to see 15 meters in front off him. taking cover behind an object were the wind isn't blowing will cause the snow to fall off. What needs to be understood is that the blizzard effect was not an afterthought. It is a very graphically impressive feature ahead of its time.

4. The music and voice acting some of the best in gaming history, even for today.

5. The world building is great. The game provides visuals and information that establish the Metal Gear world well.

MGS4 has a great main plot, some very evocative moments, and is extremely graphically impressive. This review doesn't cover much, but the 5 points are rarely covered and need to be known. This game should be a 10/10, but too many idiotic additions to the story prevent it from being so.
  43. Sep 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Metal Gear Solid 4 delivers a great gameplay and cinimatic experiance for those who are fans of the series. Mgs has a very nice story with amazingly polished cutscenes that are long, but persinally I love the long cutscenes because for me it makes the story not feel rushed and really takes time to explain alot of gaps in the story (and lore) of the MGS universe. The stoy has been taking hit after hit of people not liking the nano-machine explinations for everything, but personally I liked it, it felt right and bang on for the setting and time of the story where technology is very advance and nano machines are used for almost every perpose. For a gamer that poors alot of emotions into games I felt this was a great ending to the legendary Solid Snake! For gameplay it was great with alot of variation to combat. When putting people in a head lock you have so many differnt ways to end your enemy! There are alot of guns, but you may only find yourself using a few of the same but if you choose to use other it can change up gameplay alot! You will recieve neat gear from bosses that you can use in new game+ and are really fun to use. If you are planning to go for the platinum you will find yourself playing the game with alot of playstyles to get all the games emblems which need at least 8 playthroughs. Metal gear solid guns 4 from start to platinum is a blast with an amazingly told story and great stealth gameplay (if you choose to play like that) that will keep you engaged for as many playthroughs as you choose to play. That is why I give Metal Gear Solid 4 a 10/10 as a fan of the lore and series, I highly recommend Snakes last mission. Expand
  44. Oct 17, 2014
    Una obra maestro de ps3 rejugable 1000veces y nunca deja de sorprender, si tuviera dialogos fuera del ingles seria la gran obra maestra de esta generacion, superando a the last of us
  45. Oct 6, 2010
    Considering MGS4 just a game is a pretty limitative point of view: in fact, it is so absorbing that its fruition will broaden your gaming horizons up to a new level. Those who rated this game with negative votes didn't understand this work of art. This is actually the best multimedia experience I've had in my whole life.
  46. Nov 22, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Without a doubt one of the best games ever produced to date. The finale is spectacular even surpassing many works of cinema. From 0 to 10 the game is worth 11 for all of your script and the final scene worthy of a genius. Expand
  47. Mar 15, 2011
    This game is amazing and its the only reason I've bought PlayStation 3. I've played first 3 games on PS2 and I loved them but this one is a pinnacle of the MGS series. You should buy it immediately.
  48. May 3, 2011
    its the best game ever !! its the best game ever !! its the best game ever !! its the best game ever !! its the best game ever !! its the best game ever !! its the best game ever !! its the best game ever !! its the best game ever !! its the best game ever !! its the best game ever !! its the best game ever !! its the best game ever !! its the
  49. Jun 24, 2011
    i just beat this game for the fifth time in the past years since it came out, and i have to say, it still holds up and even beats some games out graphically. Game play did indeed change between series to fit a more casual audience, but it was for the better, as it made the game into a more fluid experience during those big set pieces. There's a ton of stuff aimed at fans that they will understand FAR more to players who just pick it up because of the Hype factor. GOTYAY Expand
  50. Sep 13, 2011
    I really enjoyed the game. I felt the graphics are good but not amazing. The story line made the game so much more interesting. The stealth was a little disappointing but it worked really good, I was waiting for the MG1 stealth unit to show up but it didn't. The weapons are really good and customising them was actually impressive. This is one of my favourite games
  51. Sep 23, 2011
    Fun game. There is much cut scenes which may feel too long for most of MW2 players. There's much new to do and it's look great. I can recommend this game for most of player.
  52. Jan 7, 2012
    This was easily the best game I have played. I was wowed by every aspect of the game. I had only played MGS 2 before this and while I ranked it number 2 on my list of best PS2 games ever ( Behind only JAK 3) I thought it was slightly flawed.
    1. The game was not in any way designed for combat which made some boss fights difficult. 2.Sometimes I was left alone not knowing how to proceed to
    the next stage.
    3.Weapons and equipment were hard to find and amo was scarce until I knew that you could find ammo by picking enemies up and dropping him
    However MGS4 addressed both of these issues. The game was equally geared towards combat and stealth. The weapons feel solid and the stealth mechanics work perfectly. You could run through the levels like an armored tank or you could sneak through like a ninja. Also the objectives were clear and even though the levels were less open you never feel like you are confined. Drebins shop also added lost of variety by allowing you to choose what your play-style was by buying your own weapons and equipment. The cutscenes were beautiful and the story is one of the greatest I have ever encountered in fiction. I enjoyed the cut-scenes immensely although I understand how others may find them tedious. All in all this is one of the best stories ever wrapped in some of the best graphics and game-play ever even now in 2011. I highly recommend that you buy this game especially now that you can buy this game for only 15 euros
  53. Mar 13, 2012
    best game i ever played ..perfect in a every way,u feel like playing real soldier,best story and best aspect of drama,,u must play this game and if u dont own a ps3,,immediately turn off internet and go to shopping,,it is worht it,
  54. Aug 20, 2012
    i played it afeter 3 years, and it's still being the best for me, graphics, history, gameplay, characters, all its perfect in it, if you played all of the Metal Gears befores you should buy this game and if you dont, then what are you waiting for?
  55. Oct 16, 2012
    One of the best games i've ever played and for sure the best in playstation 3....from graphics to plot this game is perfect....only resident evil 4 can compare with this game
  56. Mar 27, 2013
    The final act of Solid Snake is here, a perfect ending for his story. PROS: Plot, Graphics, design, music, voices, gameplay, online... As usual, mostly. CONS: Only fans of the saga will enjoy completely the plot of this game. The story is very intricate and complicated, so if this is your first time with a MGS game... Is the easiest MGS, isn't too difficult like others games in the saga because we have more options and helps in our mission.

Install each act.
  57. Jun 13, 2013
    What can I say? It was such a delight playing this superb game. It has everything that an art fan want to check on a piece of art. Metal Gear Solid 4 is the reason that i play video-games, it really can fill my need to trans-hip my mind, or meditate during the little time that I have with a controller in my life. Yes, you may say that the action is a little bit jammed or sticky, or the complexity of asian novels during the cutscenes is too high, or the battles of some super big robots reminds you asian animes or comics, well, that's just a small part that in nothing harms the game itself. Because the profundity of the story and characters is so immense and emotional that your ''judging mind'' will completely disappear.
    As the moral values and the nowadays problems who affects not just soldiers but ''us'' too.
    The perfections of a whole, make the imperfections perfections.
  58. Apr 19, 2013
    I am a huge fan of the metal gear series and mgs 4 is one of if not the best one yet. the game is well polished and i find it hard to criticise it. if i had to say one bad thing about the game it would be that the game can sometimes seem to be more cutscenes than gameplay but if you are a long time fan of the series you will be used to this and it will be but a minor problem. overall kojima continues to deliver a high quality gaming experience with great gameplay, cutscenes and story telling Expand
  59. Mar 18, 2014
    awesome, gamme ,long cinematics, good conclusion, i cryed alot, is one of the best ends ever, the graphics where good for being 2008 graphics , and kojima just take all the metal gears and mixed it, love this game
  60. Jun 27, 2014
    Отличное завершение истории Солида Снейка. Разнообразие геймплея и кинематографичность заставок поражают.
  61. Sep 9, 2014
    For anyone who has played a metal gear solid game this is a must have. It is a perfect blend of action and adventure and the story is so great in its depth it will keep you playing "to see what happens next. Very few games deserve a perfect score but this is one of them. Even if you've never played metal gear solid you can't miss this. If you really want to play it I suggest getting twin snakes on GameCube, and the metal gear solid 2 and 3 remake on the ps3 just to know the story before playing this. The metal gear series offers the best story telling of any game hands down. Expand

1. Guns of the Patriots is almost intimidating in the consistent quality of its ideas, invention, and execution...Even by the series' stratospheric standards, MGS4 is a remarkable high point. [June 2008]
    If you've ever loved any one of the Metal Gear games, or any moments from the series, there will come a moment when MGS 4 will send your spirits soaring. If you've loved them all, well then there'll be many, many more. It’s a masterpiece.
  3. Guns of the Patriots is a frustrating, fractured game that turns Metal Gear Solid's world upside down several times over, but never changes it.