8.7

1. MeestYk
    Oct 10, 2008
    Simply the best PS3 ever produced. When you think of a game given credit for graphics you tend to think it's a crappy gameplay in it, BUT it's actually the opposite. Solid Metal Gear 4: Guns of the patriots is simply well made for us, gamers. It has a great story sequel, a great game interface, deep characters realizations, and the action is just intense. You'll feel Simply the best PS3 ever produced. When you think of a game given credit for graphics you tend to think it's a crappy gameplay in it, BUT it's actually the opposite. Solid Metal Gear 4: Guns of the patriots is simply well made for us, gamers. It has a great story sequel, a great game interface, deep characters realizations, and the action is just intense. You'll feel completely drowned in it once you spend just a few minutes playing it. Highly recommended. A must have for all gamers who love games with a full story, freedom to do what you want with the weapons and gear customizations and its universe. Plus there's plenty of cinematics to pull you even deeper into this game. As a result, Hideo Kojima and his team pulled off a masterpiece with this latest installment. I highly praise this game as the GOTY for the PS3 system without a doubt. If there were an 11/10 this is it. Expand
  2. AlexAguilera
    May 31, 2008
    I loved this game from start to finish and a great way to end the story of snake. I wish I could play as Snake when he was younger, but everything else in th game makes up for it. It's the whole package: Graphics, Gameplay, Presentation, Tilt, and Replay Value. Three words :Buy This Game! You will not be unsatisfied.
  3. AndrewP.
    Jun 23, 2008
    if there was an 11, this game would get it. just buy it. It's ridiculous that Gears of War would get a 94 and this game would only get a 95... it goes to show you how skewed mainstream videogame journalism is.
  4. ArturoL.
    Jun 30, 2008
    Simply put, this is the first game that actually feels next-gen. There is no other offering in the market, in Xbox, Wii or PC that has the both the depth and instant accessibility of this game. Truly a masterpiece. From graphics to sound, from story to fun factor, from controls to whatever you want: this is an experience unlike any other on any console you will see this year, and the rare Simply put, this is the first game that actually feels next-gen. There is no other offering in the market, in Xbox, Wii or PC that has the both the depth and instant accessibility of this game. Truly a masterpiece. From graphics to sound, from story to fun factor, from controls to whatever you want: this is an experience unlike any other on any console you will see this year, and the rare example where the final product exceeds the sum of its parts. This is the killer-app the PS3 was waiting for. An honest-to-god reason that justifies its price tag (aside BDs). Do yourself a favor and go play this game. Expand
  5. OwnedL
    Sep 4, 2009
    This game is the final one with Snake in it and has untold amounts of blood, sweat and tears into this. I thought that it overall had great gameplay, visuals were very good, and the audio was a bit under my tasted. The video was remarkable, having dust fly up ontu the screen when you enter a dusty area. Blood will also fly onto the screen. Though I hate to see Snake leave the seen, he is This game is the final one with Snake in it and has untold amounts of blood, sweat and tears into this. I thought that it overall had great gameplay, visuals were very good, and the audio was a bit under my tasted. The video was remarkable, having dust fly up ontu the screen when you enter a dusty area. Blood will also fly onto the screen. Though I hate to see Snake leave the seen, he is old, tired and lonely (lol). You desreve your rest we salute you. Expand
  6. JamesD.
    Jan 28, 2010
    There are few games which I would consider a visual masterpiece, nearer to art than any other form of media. MGS 4 Guns of the Patriots, is one of the closest games (in my opinion) to actually succeeding that feat. The game is simply a gorgeously outstanding masterpiece. The cutscenes are top notch and the Music is ever so compelling, it's just awesome
  7. KevinR.
    Apr 30, 2010
    I hated the game at first. I got caught by enemies costantly and I died a lot. Then I finally understood how to play. I could sneak past hordes of enemies without them even noticing which is very satisfying. Then when I got a lot of weapons and got caught the shootouts were a lot of fun. There's a lot of replayability with the new game plus mode. A satisfying purchase in every way.
  8. AtratusS.
    Jun 13, 2008
    I had high expectations for this game having been a long time fan of the series. Hideo Kojima's latest iteration of the series exceeded my expectations in every regard. If you own a PS3 this is a must buy. If you don't own a ps3 but are serious about games, consider taking the plunge. MGS4 is one of the greatest games of all time. Make sure you've got some free time set I had high expectations for this game having been a long time fan of the series. Hideo Kojima's latest iteration of the series exceeded my expectations in every regard. If you own a PS3 this is a must buy. If you don't own a ps3 but are serious about games, consider taking the plunge. MGS4 is one of the greatest games of all time. Make sure you've got some free time set aside because you're not going to want to stop playing until you reach the end. Expand
  9. ClaudioR.
    Jun 13, 2008
    Excellent content, a game for mature audiences. It has so many things and options to explore. It may not be open world per se but it still offers a lot of options. Story is deep and you will want to follow it completely.
  10. LuisG.
    Jun 13, 2008
    The Most epic game in years, truly one of the best games ever made, that continues pushing the envelope of cinematic, storytelling, and gameplay prowess.
  11. MarkD.
    Jun 14, 2008
    I'm not sure what's wrong with GameDaily, games(TM), EuroGamer or Edge, but I don't see how you can give this game anything less than a 90, if that. While it does have it's slow moments (a certain cutscene takes forever - but to show everything that is happening in one second usually takes about 10 in any game or movie), it always speeds up just in time. The ony thing I'm not sure what's wrong with GameDaily, games(TM), EuroGamer or Edge, but I don't see how you can give this game anything less than a 90, if that. While it does have it's slow moments (a certain cutscene takes forever - but to show everything that is happening in one second usually takes about 10 in any game or movie), it always speeds up just in time. The ony thing I miss from any of the previous games is the animals; while there are a few, there are not as many as in MGS3, but this can be expected. There are other minor details that could've been clearer, but then the game would've taken another year, and the extra dwelling time for the developers and gamers would've only damaged the title further. Also, the Mission Briefing and Act screens are a little lame. I can't really say much about what makes the game good, because then I'll ruin it for any who have not played it. Expand
  12. JonasS.
    Jun 14, 2008
    Simply amazing if you went through all the other games in the series... as long as you have a long enough attention span you newcomers to the series will have a blast!
  13. Phillip
    Jun 15, 2008
    This game had me completely satisfied through the whole thing. It was able to convey beautiful graphics, an astonishing storyline and made me feel completely content with it's amazing sound director. Ode to the Snake. This game, will, be on my top ten list of games for all time.
  14. RashadS.
    Jun 15, 2008
    It lived to the hype. Don't be a fanboy, just play it yourself and see.
  15. GaseousSnake
    Jun 15, 2008
    If there was a game I could play forever this would be it. Everything rocks even especially the Metal gear mk 2 he gets an 11.
  16. MiguelM.
    Jun 10, 2008
    A game like this comes only every so often, a remarkable culmination to a remarkable series.
  17. KyleP.
    Jun 18, 2008
    Personally, the ending was something of a disappointment to me. But to take points away because I personally disagreed with a plot point would be a crime against what is probably the single finest game I have ever played.
  18. MikeD.
    Jun 19, 2008
    This game is epic. Aside from the amazing graphics and solid game play; Kojima has taken the art of video game story telling to another dimension.
  19. MartinJ.
    Jun 19, 2008
    This is a piece of brilliance created by Konami. It has one of the best storylines in a game ever and the gameplay is ultra realistic. I honestly don't know how anyone could not like this game!
  20. Goc
    Jun 20, 2008
    Where do I begin? A perfect blend of everything. The timing and execution of a wealth of various gameplay elements are masterfully done. You'll be experiencing everything in this game; from chills to thrills, maybe even shed a tear or two in the process. Oh, yeah, and bring pop-corn for the long, yet beautifully done cut-scenes.
  21. TimVa.
    Jun 20, 2008
    Simply the most cinimatic and epic game ever made, i am a 100% diehard zelda fan and NOTHING has ever been ever to top that series.....well unfortunatly for Link, i have a new #1 game.
  22. TaiTan
    Jun 22, 2008
    The best game ever created, period.
  23. AlexanderF.
    Jun 23, 2008
    This game is one of the best games I have ever played. While being my first proper run through of any MGS game, I had found the storyline intriguing and captivating. However, because of the absurd art style and themes (which I absolutely love), some people are going to be put off strongly. I recommend this game to everyone who owns a PS3, however I understand that this is not the game for This game is one of the best games I have ever played. While being my first proper run through of any MGS game, I had found the storyline intriguing and captivating. However, because of the absurd art style and themes (which I absolutely love), some people are going to be put off strongly. I recommend this game to everyone who owns a PS3, however I understand that this is not the game for everyone. People who are lost in the storyline may want to visit Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. Expand
  24. RB
    Jun 25, 2008
    I love this game! it's incredible! and one more thing, I Want kojima to direct the metal gear movie!!!
  25. SylwesterZ.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Excellent...just brilliant.
  26. Jonathan
    Jun 26, 2008
    I found this game to be more entertaining then anything thats on the 360 and Wii!
  27. LeoJ
    Jun 28, 2008
    Metal gear solid 4 is a game that truley surpasses all. The game deserves an 11(IGN), even playstation haters decided to give it an amazing score(gamespot 10). Though pathetic reviewers such as Eurogamer which states that hardcore gaming wouldn't be here without microsoft gave MGS4 an 8. This industry has changed, and MGS4 is a game that will be remembered by all. GTA 4 is nothing Metal gear solid 4 is a game that truley surpasses all. The game deserves an 11(IGN), even playstation haters decided to give it an amazing score(gamespot 10). Though pathetic reviewers such as Eurogamer which states that hardcore gaming wouldn't be here without microsoft gave MGS4 an 8. This industry has changed, and MGS4 is a game that will be remembered by all. GTA 4 is nothing compared to MGS4. Expand
  28. MarcBaicu
    Jun 3, 2008
    This game is one of the best ever made. I just wish that the last review (80) would just be deleted or something, because the reviewer obviously has no idea what he is talking about. We should start up a petition to remove the last review, its messing up the average!
  29. OtekaOmaru
    Jun 9, 2008
    Haha! Those euro sites look like right arseholes right about now, don't they? Everyone gives the game 95 and up while they just sit there with their 80s. Need I remind everyone, that both Egde and Eurogamer, gave Halo 3 a shining 100. That says it all.
  30. MikeS.
    Jul 1, 2008
    This is quite simply one of the greatest games I've played. It's also the greatest example of "games as art" to date. A masterpiece.

1. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Guns of the Patriots is almost intimidating in the consistent quality of its ideas, invention, and execution...Even by the series' stratospheric standards, MGS4 is a remarkable high point. [June 2008]
    If you've ever loved any one of the Metal Gear games, or any moments from the series, there will come a moment when MGS 4 will send your spirits soaring. If you've loved them all, well then there'll be many, many more. It’s a masterpiece.
  3. Guns of the Patriots is a frustrating, fractured game that turns Metal Gear Solid's world upside down several times over, but never changes it.