8.3

1. May 14, 2013
    Ive been waiting for this game for quite a while and I'm glad to say it's what I hoped it would be.First of all its not going to be everyone's cup of tea,it's quite linear shooter but it delivers.I love atmospheric first person shooters that draw you in such as bioshock and FEAR and this was a great addition to the genre.
  2. May 14, 2013
    A HUGE improvement over Metro 2033 back in 2010. Almost all of the negative aspects of that game have been fixed here. Mainly the stealth and shooting mechanics. Superb atmosphere that immerses you completely, with tons of creepy noises and stunning sights. The shooting actually feels great now and can compete with the best FPS's out there. The story is also interesting. DO NOT listen to the people that rate it 1's 2's and 3's etc bashing the game. They are talking complete nonsense. Most of these negative reviews will no doubt come from the "angryjoe ranger mode DLC debacle" band wagon jumpers. That is not a reason to bash the game, at all, end of. The publishers are to blame. Expand
  3. May 16, 2013
    Amazing game. It makes me want to go and buy Metro 2033. Since this is my first game to play of the Metro series. The story is addicting, haha, I never want the campaign to end :D
  4. May 14, 2013
    Every once in a while, a little known developer pops up on the radar and delivers something GREAT '4A Games' is this type of developer. This game exceeds all expectations and rightly so, from the super fine polish, wonderfully detailed graphics (extra kudos here to the character modelers), truly beautiful environments, to the superb voice acting, impressive engaging & responsive game-play concepts and a story you would actually be interested in following; With little presence on the PS3 console, 4A Games delivers a breathtaking experience that you will not soon forget....that i guarantee. Expand
  5. Apr 23, 2014
    I am speechless... Had this game for quite some time waiting for me, almost hiding among a long list of games i own and haven't played yet. Three days ago i decided to play something new, still un-played from my library. I saw Metro: LL there, cover in dust, still in wraps... and i thought it was going to be another generic shooter. I hesitated... but what the hell, i payed money for this thing, lets give it a try.

Three days latter i finish the game. And as i stated above, i was left speechless. Thanks God i was wrong!

A shooter is a shooter. Aim, shoot, reload and repeat until you see the ending. If u get killed no problem, just hit continue and hit them harder. If u play by the formula, sooner or latter you are gonna see the credits rolling with the awesome felling you are a super-soldier because you went trough the game on the hardest difficulty. Bravo! You are awesome!

Well, things doesn't work that way In Metro: LL. That is why this game is not your everyday shooter. Hitting them harder will only get you killed. This game require a lucid mind that can stay sharp even when in danger. If you play this game in easy or normal difficulty, no problem, just keep your gun up and happy trigger anything that moves on your field of view. But... surviving this game on Hard or Ranger difficulty will truly put your skills to the test. And don't be confuse, i don't mean aim better, take less hits classic formula. I mean that you have to think on how to do the things before doing them or then you are gonna end dead no matter how well prepared is your arsenal.

Another great plus is the story. Yep, the story! The story is not perfect, but as a stand alone game is great, when compared to another shooter is a masterpiece. I was not expecting anything more than well implemented gameplay mechanics. But then again, i was wrong.

So, here is my verdict:

VISUALS: 9 (Texture pop-in kills the illusion some times.)
    GAMEPLAY: 10 (You will understand why a 10 when you ran out of mask-filters.)
    AUDIO: 10 (You can orientate and locate enemy fire by sound - given that you use surround 5.1.)
    STORY: 9 (You can always expect more... but is a well written/directed experience.)
    CONTROLS: 9 (For console controls are complex, you will make mistakes when in tension.)
    OVERALL PRESENTATION - QUALITY: 10 (Cant think of a way to improve game quality.)

I highly recommend this game for anyone looking for a shooter-survival experience. Do not forget to try Hard or Ranger mode, there is where the magic happens!
  6. May 14, 2013
    Really enjoying it so far. Good graphics and sounds. Good controls and weapons variety. Overall decent enemies except in a few places. Not as much like Fallout 3 as I had hoped. But still a solid game none the less.
  7. May 17, 2013
    Metro: Last Light is the stunning. breathtaking, heartbreaking and most importantly immersive sequel to Metro 2033 one of my favorite games of all time. I will say Metro is not for everyone, but for me, Its perfect.
  8. Jun 7, 2013
    It finally happened. A stealth game where the Action is PART of the stealth. There's a certain number of people in any situation, and they don't become hyper magically aware of you the moment you fire a shot. You kill a guy with night vision scope, but the guy next to him still doesn't know where you are, so he approaches the sound but you back off at the same time with him in your scope (because you are out of the light) and line up your shot and take it, the whole time remember which light bulbs you turned off so you don't end up in the light. Knowing that if you miss he might get close enough to see you. It sounds simple but no one has got this right. They advertise 'stealth or gun's a'blazing' but you left with one or the other. In this game, you can go gunz a'blazn WHILE performing stealth at the same time. I've being waiting 1,000,000 years for that. Oh, and the world is so immersive I have forgotten where I actually exist. The sleeper game of a lifetime. Expand
  9. Mar 8, 2014
    A definite improvement over it's predecessor. It manages to make up for all of the first's gameplay deficiencies while managing to keep the fantastic atmosphere, story, and setting going. Truth be told, thanks to the improvements made to the first's formula, this is exactly what one could ask for in regards to a sequel.

As with the first the setting and atmosphere are top-notch. The new
    graphical style does take out some of the creepy darkness the first game had, and the game isn't as scary as a whole, but this is still a world I was completely invested and absorbed in. It feels realistic and alive. The story is also fantastic, picking up after the events of the first game and introducing characters new and old. It's excellent and filled with plenty of memorable moments as well as twists and turns. These are the areas I was expecting "Last Light" to succeed, and it didn't let me down.

My main problems with the first game (which I enjoyed anyway) revolved around the gameplay. Thankfully the shooting and stealth are much better here. The shooting and shootouts are much more entertaining this time around, thanks to things like improved controls and enemy AI. Stealth also actually works this time around, and some of my favorite moments with this game involved me sneaking stealthily around enemies and avoiding combat. As someone who has never really enjoyed taking the stealthy approach, that's saying something for this game's improved stealth mechanics. Just like with the first game I still love the survival based gameplay. Scrounging for ammo and supplies, managing flashlight power, and keeping a check on my gas mask filters all return here and are still a blast. This game is an improvement upon all of the gameplay mechanics of the first game, making for a much more playable experience. Some truly irritating technical issues do plague the game, and some combat encounters can be incredibly frustrating thanks to mutant enemies with cheap melee attacks, but overall this is a tight, smooth, polished, and most importantly fun gameplay experience.

"Metro: Last Light" is an excellent game. One that proves that FPS games can replace an emphasis on multiplayer with a lengthy, story-driven campaign and still be highly replayable and worth a purchase. It also proves that just because a first game was flawed, doesn't mean it's sequel will repeat the same mistakes. "Last Light" is a refreshing, atmospheric, and highly enjoyable FPS that I highly recommend you give a shot.
  10. Jun 13, 2013
    Game environment and story are huge elements for enjoying a game for me, and I find the world of Metro Last Light to be incredible and the story engaging... the attention to detail in a post-apocalyptic underground metro is gloomy yet alive and vibrant seemingly what could be so close to reality at times... and the bombed-out Moscow on the surface is ghostly and frightening. I really enjoyed the total immersion of the Ranger Mode/Hardcore mode... Most mild of critical comment is that the NPC AI could have been better at times, I have really enjoyed this game and see it raising the bar for any Fallout 4 effort to get beyond the same'ol found in New Vegas. Thanks to the folks at THQ and 4A for the effort to create a great environment. I will look forward to the story related DLC, but will likely skip the multi-player. A game I found driven by the mood of the environment and story doesn't seem much suited for an MP experience and would only take away from the whole experience for me. Expand
  11. May 17, 2013
    Currently half way through and it's been a blast so far. Story is simple yet solid. The game-play is different to other adventure shooters but still feels familiar to pick up and master. Graphics are what's expected on a console, nothing revolutionary but then again i find myself gazing at walls and distant landscapes due to the pure effort that's gone into them. The voice-acting is perfectly fine and the music, while not over-empowering still adds to the overall atmosphere of the game.

If i had to pick an issue with this game it would ultimately be about the creature design, they could have spent a little more time refining and ironing out the creases when it comes to that. Everything else about this game is fantastic though!

Another game to add to my collection.
  12. May 26, 2013
    Metro last light. i gave it a nine for daring too try something a bit different than most first person shooters and that is too actually create a believable world and interesting characters that as you meet them and listen too there stories you actually begin too care what happens too them and in the metro what happens is not usually good. as in a world set 20 years after nuclear war wiped every human being off the surface of the earth. and now people survive in concrete pockets in the underground metro if the monsters other humans do not get you the radiation will. The best way too play the game is in hardcore ranger mode with no h.u.d and little explanation of how things work its all trial and error getting killed while trying to change your gas mask filter is par for course in last light. As is getting attacked by spiders because you did not know how to charge up your flashlight or use the night vision goggles. If you prefer on normal the hud will show you how to use everything but its definitely a more real experience in ranger mode. Metro plays better as a stealth game creeping round silently knocking out or killing guards before walking past other guards in the shadows listening to the conversations. Metro last light is a grim post nuclear apocalyptic story for mature players. Hardcore gamers will love this game. Expand
  13. Feb 7, 2014
    Metro: Last Light is one of the best games of 2013. It looks absolutely gorgeous. The world feels alive. I hope Metro: Last Light can pave the way for games in the future and teach them a thing or two about immersion. Not only is it one of the best titles of 2013, but it's arguably the most terrifying. Prepare to be scared.

Final Verdict: 9.3
  14. Mar 22, 2014
    Metro: Last Light defines what a FPS/horror game should be like. Although the previous game, Metro 2033, did not hit a high mark in reviews, it still held a good platform for Metro: Last Light to stand on and excel in almost everything. Metro: Last Light hits high notes on almost everything from: shooting mechanics, dialogue, guns, enemies etc. I loved the story for Last Light, it was dark and sometimes even moving and emotional. It takes place right after the events of Metro 2033 leaving you playing as the character, Artyom, from the previous game. He is a Ranger who works alongside The Order. And without spoiling anything, the clash between the other clans is really cool. Although, playing Metro 2033 isn't necessary, I'd still recommend it. There are a lot of conversations and characters from the previous games that may make you confused with the plot and locations. Either way, I'd recommend this game to anyone who is a fan of the series, or the genre, or if you're looking for something "fresh" to play. Expand
  15. Feb 10, 2014
    I really really enjoyed this game. This game is as close to a 10/10 for a fps shooter as there is out there, the gameplay is on par with bioshock and so is it's story; it might even be better. I loved the run and gun gameplay with the monsters, and the stealth aspect with human enemies. Scavenging is fun and is recommended and so is stealth; but it's up to you. The postapocalyptic atmosphere was amazing and the game threw a little bit of everything at you, even naked woman. The only complaints were the lack of enemy types, maybe a few puzzles, didn't really liked the ending(my opinion). But other than that a very polished story. game with horror elements, suspense, and fun gameplay. 95/100 Expand
  16. May 18, 2013
    Last Night falla en ser ridículamente sencillo, incluso en su modo "Difícil", solo morí un par de veces contra los monstruos y NINGUNA vez contra los humanos (y eso que no los mataba, solo los dejaba aturdidos). Aunque tiene muchas cosas que me encantaron...un juego dirigido a un publico no infantil no puede ser TAN FÁCIL; nunca quede sin munición, nunca me mataron (los humanos) y creo que solo me descubrieron un par de veces y la mayoría de las veces por fallas del juego.

PD: Ademas me parece una falta de respeto que te vendan el modo Comando, en vez de ser parte del juego...ahora falta que me vendan la opción para jugar en fácil y/o difícil....
  17. Jun 10, 2013
    Metro: Last Light may have one of the best presentations i have ever seen in a game! It never leaves the first person perspective and truly makes you feel as if you are living the life of your character! Put that together with a great story and some amazing visuals and you've got what is without a doubt one of the best sleeper hits of the year!!
  18. May 18, 2013
    What a great game. Overall i really do not have any complaints with the game, just that the game was a little longer. I beat the game in about 8 hours on medium difficulty. And also will be doing a 2nd play through of it too. I really enjoyed the story too. I really hope that they continue on with this title.
  19. May 21, 2013
    Very dramatic and well thought out. Definitely one of the must play games of the last few years. I have experienced none of the bugs anyone has mentioned and have thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of the game.
  20. May 23, 2013
    This game is honestly one of the best games that I have played. Period. The story was incredible, though slightly lacking at the beginning and end. The AI was a major step up from the last game, with it not being able to telepathically communicate your exact position to every person in the metro, while still being difficult enough that you can't just sit around while you are sneaking. The atmosphere was amazing, being dismal with rays of hope appearing at times, helping you immerse even further in the universe. 1 or 2 glitches, but that can be expected from nearly any major game. Great guns and gunplay, with the SAIGA 12 being the most awesome thing for clearing out mutants and armies devised by man. The karma system was very different; it doesn't tell you how you are being rated, or when you are being rated, or even whether that particular action matters in the whole scheme or not, almost like in the real world, though they could have added more opportunities to use this system. Overall, amazing! Collapse
  21. May 23, 2013
    I remained the second is completely happy part :interest more, the atmosphere is more pleasant, the picture is more effective,native stations, familiar people .The equipment of fight brought only too silly enemies (in particular people).After the first part I became the huge fan of game and the idea 4A of Games in a new episode was very interesting. Certainly there are also game minuses (small difference from the first part, enemies silly, a small choice of the weapon) but generally game more than excellent. Especially I pleased the mode of the Ranger immersing the gamer not in children's running, and really severe world of the Metro. At all love to the project objectively I put 9.5/10. Peace! Expand
  22. May 25, 2013
    Apocalipse mood everywhere.
    Great implementation from Ukrainian programmers.
    First game I want to buy for the last years.
    I havn't seen any bugs while I'm playing.
  23. Jun 10, 2013
    Typically when searching for my next game to play I tend to steer away from FPS. But, a new release always sparks my interest and as soon as this hit the shelf it caught my attention. Did a little research and the story seemed interesting. Im the type of guy who likes to get sucked into a story as if I were watching a movie, it has to have a nice flow to it between combat and cut-scenes. This game did exactly what I was looking for. A deep story with some twists, fun combat with interesting weapons, nice sound with some spooky sections, and good graphics. It did the job for me suprisingly. Expand
  24. Aug 2, 2013
    I think this game is an art.Best post apocalyptic story ever .They even explaned how dark ones met Artyom and much more so player can understand even he hasnt read book .Gameplay improved atmosphere also even game is linear you wont feel it.Awesome graphics from metro 2033 have been improved and you have 2 endings so you can play game 2 times minimum new cool weapons and fact that you dont have to kill humans until last level deservs to be art Expand
  25. Nov 20, 2013
    La verdad es que a mi los shooter no me gustan mucho, exceptuando el Far Cry 3 Spec Ops y poco mas...pero me he quedado muy sorprendido con este juego, es muy parecido al Far Cry 3, puedes ir con sigilo o matando a diestro y siniestro a los soldados, tambien me ha sorprendido el apartado de los monstruos, en algunas partes del juego la tensión es muy grande. Y es que a falta de juegos de terror, están los de tensión pura y dura, en este caso Metro es un juegazo que no debes dejar escapar, un juego con una jugabilidad muy buena y unos buenos gráficos, una banda sonora genial y un doblaje a la altura. Un broche de oro al final de la generación y uno de los mejores shooter que he llegado a probar, sin duda lo recomiendo porque es un juego que te hará saltar por mas de un susto, que te sorprenderá los acontecimientos de la trama y que te cautivará su final. Expand
  26. May 23, 2013

1. Even though Metro: Last Light successfully convinces you that you are actually wandering around in a post-apocalyptic Moscow, a number of technical issues do break the carefully constructed illusion from time to time. [June 2013, p.66]
  2. Jun 9, 2013
    A more coherent and compelling story than the first marred by an occasional lack of direction. [July 2013, p.66]
  3. Jun 4, 2013
    A really good experience. There’s enough here for fans of action, stealth and survival to enjoy. Though the series seems to have moved on from being scary the majority of the time, it does this progression in a way that feels natural.