6.7

1. May 27, 2014
    Finally edition for PS3. Mainly the game offers single player and local multiplayer lobbies. With new updates
    Minecraft PS3 is going better and better. The sad point is "There is no online playing". I still suggest everyone to try it out cause it's still MINECRAFT.
  2. Jan 28, 2014
    Although lacking a lot of the elements of PC platformed Minecraft, this is still a great game. Aimed for all ages, and very simple to play, you've got to love it. A few minor bugs to be fixed; and when at the same level as Minecraft: Xbox 3360 edition, It'll be a 10.
  3. Feb 5, 2014
    Minecraft: PS3 Edition brings PC gamers and Playstation gamers together

Pros:Everything that is good in the PC and Xbox is still good here

Cons:Most servers lag for me(i'm not sure if it's just me), not up-to-date like the PC version is(Same for the Xbox version), Combat feels shallow in some parts, can get boring at times.

Recommendation:Hardcore gamers and Minecraft Fans
  4. Mar 12, 2014
    Not quite as good as the PC version, but all the important parts are present. And it's still an excellent game that redefines what games *can* be. The people calling it boring are no doubt uncreative hacks who'd rather be spoon fed explosions.
  5. Jan 24, 2014
    This is my very first year playing Minecraft, and I get the pleasure of playing it on the PS3 for the very first time. It is super fun, and I can clearly see why this game is still so addictive to people all around the world. There is no glitches or lags whenever I play, it runs very smoothly and the controls are very very simple and easy to use. There can be no argument when I say thisThis is my very first year playing Minecraft, and I get the pleasure of playing it on the PS3 for the very first time. It is super fun, and I can clearly see why this game is still so addictive to people all around the world. There is no glitches or lags whenever I play, it runs very smoothly and the controls are very very simple and easy to use. There can be no argument when I say this game is a 10 out of 10. No question at all. Expand
  6. Jun 25, 2014
    While it is fun playing Minecraft on the big screen, Mojang misses the opportunity to expand upon its universe and just moves on with limited options from the PC version and a weak multiplayer mode without servers.
  7. Jan 21, 2014
    It's definitely a solid game but it feels utterly lacking when compared to the PC version. Several items (that are pretty useful in the PC version) are just missing. The game itself feels solid and intuitive but it also feels limited. A map size of 864x864 kind of limits you to just this island, where in the PC version you could roam endlessly. It's definitely great to play as a couchIt's definitely a solid game but it feels utterly lacking when compared to the PC version. Several items (that are pretty useful in the PC version) are just missing. The game itself feels solid and intuitive but it also feels limited. A map size of 864x864 kind of limits you to just this island, where in the PC version you could roam endlessly. It's definitely great to play as a couch co-op and it's very suited for playing with people that are not into videogames. For what it's worth, it doesn't feel as if the PS3's hardware is properly used. Hopefully the PS4 version will be better.

Simply put, it's definitely a thing, but very underdeveloped.
  8. Jan 5, 2014
    A nice game, I'd recommend to buy it.
    Mainly the gameplay is dependant on the server you play on.

The singleplayer is very boring, especially after 15 retries, which is very good, as it is the only game which I retried so much (From the very beginning each time)
  9. Feb 1, 2014
    Expecting the PC version? Well you're gunna be in for a bit of disappointment. There is the same limited map size and control scheme as with the xbox360 version, but that's not necessarily a game breaker. Sit down, sync up a few other controllers, and get to building with some friends in the living room. That is where the magic happens in this console port.

Pros: - Same core gameplay

Pros:
    - Same core gameplay
    - Split-screen Co-Op is great
    - Building tons of cool ****

Cons:
    - Limiting map size
    - Some bugs/glitches need to be ironed out
  10. Jan 21, 2014
    Yes, we all know about Minecraft as the hit sensational PC game that almost EVERYONE plays. But what happens when you lack a good PC to be able to run it smoothy? Are you **** out of luck? Well not anymore! PS3 Minecraft is a god send for people who prefer consoles than PCs. I'll admit, it's not as good as the PC version, and it's not open to the modding community, but it's a great game toYes, we all know about Minecraft as the hit sensational PC game that almost EVERYONE plays. But what happens when you lack a good PC to be able to run it smoothy? Are you **** out of luck? Well not anymore! PS3 Minecraft is a god send for people who prefer consoles than PCs. I'll admit, it's not as good as the PC version, and it's not open to the modding community, but it's a great game to just pick up your controller, message your friends and just relax to. I highly recommend this game to the Minecraft community who have PS3s and want to have fun with friends. Expand
  11. Jan 4, 2014
    This game is an extremely fun and addictive game to play, although more enjoyable with friends. Solo play would be a bit of a bore as you have no one to show your creations and build worlds together. Game is missing a lot from pc version but still plenty of things to have fun with! Sadly, have had ALOT of bugs with the game; losing maps and many game freezes. Fun game, but doesn't seem asThis game is an extremely fun and addictive game to play, although more enjoyable with friends. Solo play would be a bit of a bore as you have no one to show your creations and build worlds together. Game is missing a lot from pc version but still plenty of things to have fun with! Sadly, have had ALOT of bugs with the game; losing maps and many game freezes. Fun game, but doesn't seem as well worked as other versions (i.e PC and xbox). It is however worth the money as soon as bugs are fixed, as it's very annoying when you spend a while on a map and then it deletes itself! Expand
  12. Jan 19, 2014
    I love Minecraft. It's fun, it's rewarding, and overall one of the best games to grace the PC and Xbox 360. Oh, it's on PS3? Well... That's great for someone who hasn't played it, but come on. It's been almost THREE YEARS since Minecraft came to PC, and almost two years on Xbox. It should have come earlier, but nevertheless, it's fine. Go play it if you have a PS3. (PS: If you read my DNFI love Minecraft. It's fun, it's rewarding, and overall one of the best games to grace the PC and Xbox 360. Oh, it's on PS3? Well... That's great for someone who hasn't played it, but come on. It's been almost THREE YEARS since Minecraft came to PC, and almost two years on Xbox. It should have come earlier, but nevertheless, it's fine. Go play it if you have a PS3. (PS: If you read my DNF review before this, I may seem like I'm contradicting myself, which I kind of am.) Expand
  13. Apr 2, 2014
    this game is all some game to play because it like if your day is bad, it is like you are in a diffent world and there is nothing to deal with. I like this game.....
  14. Jan 10, 2014
    I cant get my TV back from my two kids because of this game. But when I do get to finally play it I too really enjoy getting lost in the world of creation this game allows. Between this and Legos I know the kids will be ok until they try and start playing COD..
  15. Dec 21, 2013
    This game is basically minecraft 1.5. It has almost all of the features from the pc version. The controls are unusual but this is minecraft in all of its pixelated glory. You will be used to the controls in an hour
  16. Jan 3, 2014
    In my opinion minecraft is a great game for me it builds autonomy because it is also fun to play but it let us learn some things related to real life, like survival; In PS3 which was very expected minecraft it came out now it´s even more fun!
  17. Feb 16, 2014
    I like building stuff. I like building stuff. I like building stuff. I like building stuff. I like building stuff. I like building stuff. I like building stuff. I like building stuff. I like building stuff. I like building stuff. I like building stuff. I like building stuff. I like building stuff. I like building stuff. I like building stuff.I like building stuff.I like building stuff. II like building stuff. I like building stuff. I like building stuff. I like building stuff. I like building stuff. I like building stuff. I like building stuff. I like building stuff. I like building stuff. I like building stuff. I like building stuff. I like building stuff. I like building stuff. I like building stuff. I like building stuff.I like building stuff.I like building stuff. I like building stuff. I like building stuff. I like building stuff. I like building stuff. I like building stuff. I like building stuff. I like building stuff. I like building stuff. Expand
  18. Sep 15, 2014
    Sorry about my previous review everyone. I did not write that review and did not mean to offend anybody. However, Minecraft is still a horrible game and does not deserve the recognition it has received. While you may like it at first due to the various options open and the scope that is available, it eventually get very boring and repetitive and after 1 hour I had made up my mind. It isSorry about my previous review everyone. I did not write that review and did not mean to offend anybody. However, Minecraft is still a horrible game and does not deserve the recognition it has received. While you may like it at first due to the various options open and the scope that is available, it eventually get very boring and repetitive and after 1 hour I had made up my mind. It is one of the few games I truly hate and in fact, it is the worst game I have ever played. The graphics appear cool at first, but eventually get distracting and the South Park episode had it right- there is no logic to this game. Punch trees to get wood? What? Build a castle to survive a zombie onslaught? Huh? Minecraft is boring, overpriced and frankly, the PS3 edition is the worst one to get. Then again, any version of Minecraft is a worthless and annoying time waster that does not deserve $2.5 billion from Microsoft! Buy this, play this and hate this. I'm all for games that let you create what you want to, but this is an uninnovative and sloppy attempt. Expand
  19. Jan 10, 2014
    As a previous Minecraft hater, I was filled with dismay as I logged into my PSN to discover all of my friends playing it. I gave in and purchased it for the sole purpose of chatting to my buddies. I wasn't interested in building houses or mining for virtual **** that gave no reward. I just didn't see the point in the game when I could go outside and dig a hole.
    As I started to play, my
    As I started to play, my nihilistic attitude slowly but surely began to change. I found that it was becoming addicting and not at all boring, stressful or frustrating, things which I had previously heard from some people who had dabbled in the PC version of the game.
    I ended up playing roughly 4 hours straight with breaks in between (something that's very rare for me, as I usually get sick of a game after an hour or so).
    "Just one more floor on my house."
    "Just two more gold ingots."
    "I need more windows in here."
    All of these phrases I found myself saying and repeating over and over.
    Minecraft just has that way of sucking you in, showing you all the possibilities and asking you "Are you sure you want to save and quit now? Look how much more you can do with the place." That's where I think Minecraft really shines.
    The game's social aspect is surprisingly excellent. I spent the whole time talking with my friends, while constructing a house which later evolved into a mansion/castle with an enormous underground mine that we had accidentally stumbled upon while digging for stone. Also included was an animal pen, wheat farm and a personal forest plantation.

Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition is great for when you get sick of playing a game that requires attention and/or is frustrating you. Sit back, relax and prepare to mine, build, construct, explore and shoot the **** with some friends.
  20. Jan 12, 2014
    I don't know if it's because i grew Update with the PlayStation and not played Munch PC but i almost love the ps3 version better that the PC one! I Think it's disappointing that there isn't all the updates and Stuff as in the PC version ! But anyways, I LOVE the PS3 installment !! And Well the controls are a bit weird you just need to learn Them and after that They are smooth as butter !
  21. Jan 16, 2014
    Not great for sure, but it's pretty much the best it can be. Retains the solid Minecraft game play and the overall sense of adventure. Fun multiplayer.
  22. Mar 15, 2014
    Minecraft on PS3 isn't as good as the PC version but is a great way to play the block filled adventurer although the map size is small, the simplifed crafting system is a great new addition to an already fantastic game, Until the bigger PS4 version comes out this will do.
  23. Nov 6, 2014
    Minecraft is an addictive game, but it is much better on PC version. The controls on this game are OK, you get used to it after a couple of hours. The graphics are great and runs smoothly.

Why is it better on PC? Because the controls are better, it is easier to build and craft. You can find a lot of texture packs that can be installed for free, and you can find many exciting mods that can be really helpful!
  24. Jan 12, 2014
    The trolls on this is ridiculous.
    The game is not "boring", you people just suck so much at creativity your life itself is BORING.
    Great game, a lot to do.
  25. Dec 21, 2013
    Minecraft: playstation 3 edition is a new and exiting step in the already cool game of minecraft. (Finally) minecraft is coming to Sony products! Ps3, ps4, and the vita. Release day was good, no bugs or lag at all. Even when I exploded a bunch of TNT, it still ran at a smooth 60fps. The only complaint I have is the controls on the ps3 I really wired, and takes time to get used to. There isMinecraft: playstation 3 edition is a new and exiting step in the already cool game of minecraft. (Finally) minecraft is coming to Sony products! Ps3, ps4, and the vita. Release day was good, no bugs or lag at all. Even when I exploded a bunch of TNT, it still ran at a smooth 60fps. The only complaint I have is the controls on the ps3 I really wired, and takes time to get used to. There is 3 different control schemes but it really means wired, wider, and weirdest. Overall, it's worth the $19.99. But beware, if you get the demo, you will bombarded with ads saying "upgrade to the full version" like every minute. Seriously. If I could give it a 7.5, I would, but I rounded it down because those controls are very hard to get used to. Expand
  26. Aug 3, 2014
    DON'T BUY MINECRAFT ON A CONSOLE.

DON'T BUY MINECRAFT ON A CONSOLE.

This version of the game is nothing compared to what it is on a PC. It's a simple money grab that's no worth your time. The game itself is nothing special but on a computer you can make of it what you want with the help of MODS(free modifications to the game made buy users and enthusiasts). Controlling it with a mouse and keyboard adds a so much needed level of precision, that, by itself makes the game much more enjoyable.

Do yourself a favor, if you really want to get Minecraft buy the PC release instead.
  27. May 17, 2014
    awesome game just plain awesome i love minecraft and the ps3 version amazing i mean come on its freaking awesome you guys should all go out and buy it
  28. Jul 29, 2014
    A decent port of the game. Has some interesting texture packs as an added bonus, but I'd still go for the PC version instead. Still a great game on PS3.
  29. May 23, 2015
    uhu'll swear one more game to **** Earth face mano these kids playing this crap station junkies hey play a man's game and not gay game more than **** ;(
  30. Feb 3, 2014
    All I can say as someone who owns it on pc and xbox is... FINALLY! I can play this fantastic game with my PS3 friends. It truly is a great time to be a multiplatform gamer!
  31. Jun 14, 2014
    This game on PS3 is just really bad. It is better on other platforms. I'm sorry, but I need to give it a 0/10... on PS3. But I really mean it, PC version has better graphics, Poctet edition is on the phone, that's why it is awesome, and Xbox version just has more content
  32. Nov 3, 2015
    This review is only for the PS3 version of the game. It will not be a comparison to the PC version. All this aside, Minecraft is a very fun and addictive game. Combining video games with art is the best way to deliver. Allowing yourself to play as God himself, manipulating the world around you as you see fit, there is no limit to how much you can express yourself through this definitive title.
  33. Jul 13, 2014
    Its definitely not as good as minecraft on pc, but if you're like me who owns a ps3 but doesn't own a good gaming pc, this version of minecraft will do the job.
  34. Feb 10, 2014
    Если сравнивать Minecraft для PS3 и PC ,то разница не слишком большая.То есть я хочу сказать ,что с таким же успехом можно подключить свой компьютер к телевизору и всё,консольную версию и PC версию Minecraft уже не узнать.
  35. May 28, 2014
    Great game to play with friend and also by yourself but lacking the the potential that it had on the pc version.
    Personally I love the way you can build different items on the pc version manually,although in the ps3 version everything is already laid out for you on the this big screen. Another problem is when there are only a few mobs and mainly one boss "the enderdragon". So some changes should be more mobs. Also can you please add as an dlc of crazycraft love to see, want to play so badly. That it make my bear soul hurt just thinking about it.
  36. Jul 9, 2014
    This is probably the one of the best games ever made. It does lack some features from the PC but makes up with it by providing great game play. Controls make a lot more sense than the PC and crafting is way easier. You can build anything in creative mod and this game really just limited on your imagination.
  37. Sep 26, 2014
    This game was not was I was expecting at all. I hoped the game would be updated and easy to play but ps3 edition was none of these things. But it was still fun.
  38. Feb 5, 2016
    It's a good port form the PC. It's a fun game to play with friends or alone (which I'm really happy about), and it's really good to spend time too. You can easily multitask playing minecraft on your tv and watching some shows on your laptop or computer. 8/10
  39. Aug 15, 2016
  40. Aug 30, 2014
    I loved this game, never played Minecraft before I got this game but I was amazed its brilliant thanks sony for securing Minecraft on PS3 it's kept me in my room for hours!
  41. Jun 3, 2014
    Yeah, I thought the graphics sucked and that they would be a big hurdle for me to get over and maybe the PS3 edition doesn't have all the bells and whistles some of the other additions do, but good Lord, this game scratches an itch I never knew I was this bad until I played it. The best $15 a gamer could ever spend.
  42. Oct 29, 2014
    mixed reviews nice fun to play with 2 people but alone its boring plus one MEGA DOWNSIDE its kinda a short map its limited defo limited no where near pc
  43. Oct 6, 2014
    Now, I have had time to try this for real.
    The gameplay is simply minecraft, which is great and all.
    But sadly, because of the PS3's space limitations (responsible for such ports as skyrim) it can be a bit buggy at times and you will experience framerate drops and dips from here to there. Now that the PS4 version is out, the reason to buy this now is only if you don't have a PS4, or
    Now, I have had time to try this for real.
    The gameplay is simply minecraft, which is great and all.
    Now that the PS4 version is out, the reason to buy this now is only if you don't have a PS4, or will
    get one at a later date.
    Overall, a good game, just a MEH port due to the hardware limitations.
  44. Jul 14, 2014
    Minecraft is not perfect, whether it be a port or the original thing. Some control mechanics are weird, but that is understandable due to the PS3 controller not having that many buttons. The limitations involving world size and the amount of animals you can have in a farm don't really make sense to me. I don't understand these limitations, and they make the experience slightly lessMinecraft is not perfect, whether it be a port or the original thing. Some control mechanics are weird, but that is understandable due to the PS3 controller not having that many buttons. The limitations involving world size and the amount of animals you can have in a farm don't really make sense to me. I don't understand these limitations, and they make the experience slightly less enjoyable once you find out about these limitations. But that it not the main focus here. I don't know if it's just me, but playing Vanilla on a console is much more enjoyable, be it alone or with friends. And I really wish they would add voice chat into the PC version, but that's just my opinion. For some reason, it's more fun to play vanilla on a console than on the PC. That's why the console doesn't have mods! You don't need them!

Overall, this is a pretty good port. Here are my pros and cons to summarize it:

Pros: Reasonable price tag
    Voice chat
    Single player seamlessly converts to private multiplayer and back again
    It's more fun with friends
    [ Insert everything that's already fun in the PC version here]

Cons: Strange controls
    Unreasonable restrictions
    Can get boring sometimes
    Not as updated as PC
    No public servers
  45. Mar 5, 2014
    This game is very addictive and very fun to play with friends. The fun can continue for hours which not days. Their is absolutely nothing to complain about the graphics, it's amazing on the ps3 platform. The only negative aspects about the game is the bugs and glitches. I do recommend this game for you if you have a wild imagination.
  46. Jun 30, 2015
    There's not much to say about this version of Minecraft other than what you already know from the game in general. It's perfect other than the fact that I can't seem to manual save, and there are a couple instances where the surface of your world glitches out and you can see all the cave formations. It's a cool and funny sight but it shouldn't happen. Still, it's a fantastic port.There's not much to say about this version of Minecraft other than what you already know from the game in general. It's perfect other than the fact that I can't seem to manual save, and there are a couple instances where the surface of your world glitches out and you can see all the cave formations. It's a cool and funny sight but it shouldn't happen. Still, it's a fantastic port. Hopefully I can give the PS4 version a flawless 10 when the time comes for me to play it. Expand
  47. Aug 1, 2014
    This game is amazing. I just started playing Minecraft in 2014,and I do not regret buying it. The add-ons are awesome and cheap,and you get the platinum very easy if you wanted to.May be a bit expensive and not having all of the PC stuff, but that's the least of your worries. Just buy and play the game.
  48. Jul 5, 2014
    With Minecraft seeing its release on Sony finally, there is no reason not to pick up this beauty of a game. Whether it be fighting monsters, mining diamonds, or building extravagant deigns, there is no other game like it on PS3. Top it off that it is up to date with Xbox 360, and all PS3 owners will want to pick this $20 game up for an even greater value.
  49. Jul 14, 2014
    Nobody was expecting to see Minecraft playable on a playstation console , but mojang has broken our expectations and produced a new beautiful Minecraft version on the PS3 .
  50. Jul 17, 2014
    Initially, I really enjoyed this game. However, I found that it can get fairly repetitive, but given you have some space on your PC, you can always install a few more mods, which can make it a bit more enjoyable. That's pretty much one of the two things that sets me off from Minecraft. The second being that the community is terrible. I know this isn't something that was intended, but IInitially, I really enjoyed this game. However, I found that it can get fairly repetitive, but given you have some space on your PC, you can always install a few more mods, which can make it a bit more enjoyable. That's pretty much one of the two things that sets me off from Minecraft. The second being that the community is terrible. I know this isn't something that was intended, but I find that most of the community consists of children between the ages of 5-12 years old, who curse excessively and get enjoyment out of trolling.

Overall, I guess Minecraft is okay, but it would never make it in my top favorite games, but this is just my own opinion, so I understand that it may vary between each individual.
  51. Jul 21, 2014
    The graphics of the game are in my opinion the best part. A huge plus about it is the multiplayer functions.
    You can choose between two modes of play.
    You can choose between two modes of play.
    There’s a cliche that goes something like this: “You’re only limited by your imagination.” In the case of Minecraft that’s actually true. The game is what you make of it. Some players will be satisfied spending hours on resource gathering and crafting cool items.
  52. Sep 28, 2014
    While the controls may feel clunky at times, it is noticeably low res, (720p? Really?) and stuttering is not uncommon, but the core Minecraft experience is just as intact as ever (and still so inexplicably fun), along with the much easier to set up multiplayer that comes with console. In the end, my score for the original Minecraft is left unchanged with the PS3 edition.
  53. Feb 20, 2015
    this game is awesome to play the only problem i have is that command blocks were not recently added on the tu19 update but otherwise this game is a must get
  54. Nov 29, 2015
    This game has that special charm that will addict you. It is awesome to make things which are impossible for the real human but Steve does it. It's a perfect game for creative people or people who like video games should definitely buy it and you will not regret.
  55. Jun 30, 2015
    Can you update it so we can use slimeblocks and mods?Most of my redstone builds need slime and it should be similar to the PC version of the game. Most of my friends want the ablity to make or use mods so survial can be more funner and it will allow more resources and crafting items.
  56. Aug 15, 2015
    I love Minecraft but I have a friend who comes and just says "can we play Minecraft????" like 500 times so when ever I see him I hear his dumb voice saying that and the worst part is he has Minecraft ps3
  57. Sep 1, 2015
    First, this game is a bit different to original Minecraft but is not bad, but they got things dont like it, we can not craft on our behalf and i dont like that, in the PC version we can craft us, but in te PS3 version just we need to have the materials for the thing we want to craft............SO **** EXCITING! (SARCASM) when we start the game they gave to us a map, in the PC version weFirst, this game is a bit different to original Minecraft but is not bad, but they got things dont like it, we can not craft on our behalf and i dont like that, in the PC version we can craft us, but in te PS3 version just we need to have the materials for the thing we want to craft............SO **** EXCITING! (SARCASM) when we start the game they gave to us a map, in the PC version we cant do it but if you ask me ¡WE DONT NEED IT! in the PC version with the mod "Rei's Minimap" we can save locations like our house, a mine we can explore it now or other things, now i think ¡WHY MOJANG DONT PUT SOMETHING TO SAVE IMPORTANT LOCATIONS! to play with two persons (NO IN MULTIPLAYER) we need to have the HDMI cable..................¡WHAT THE HELL! this is my review of Minecraft: Playstation 3 Edition, if you ask me if i recommend this game, i recommend it but if you are a TOO big fan of Minecraft probably you are not going to like too this, but is not bad game. Expand
  58. Sep 9, 2015
    In my opinion, this game is absolutely amazing, although there are minor issues such as crashing or errors. Overall, the features are great and easy for young children and even adults. The only things that could be improved are a muting option for multiplayer games and all of the items from PC added to console editions.
  59. Sep 14, 2015
    i was hesitant to buy this game first because of people complaining about the small map size
    but after playing it for myself i have to say yes the map size is comparatively smaller but i still found it to be quite enjoyable with good controls and a great sound track also it is easier to craft and join multiplayer lobbies than it is on the pc version,so my advice is to buy it and enjoy
  60. Jul 16, 2016
    I have to admit my first impression with it was that it was boring, bleak and soulless but after learning some bits and bobs, I soon uncovered many good aspects of the game. That's where the fun began - the appeal to the younger generation was definitely there. However, that doesn't mean the game was amazing.

It was pretty annoying that the updates were always behind PC or Xbox by

It was pretty annoying that the updates were always behind PC or Xbox by several months - which must have been related with Microsoft purposely delaying it to give those platforms an advantage. That meant it wasn't able to deliver the same experience due to the slightly outdated features compared to the other two consoles. As well as this, the game wasn't anywhere near as fun when you were playing by yourself. Sure, discovering new material, new areas or building anything to your heart's content was awesome. Sure, surviving at your own will by hunting animals, making farms to harvest food and resources, or even fighting mobs was exciting. Heck, even the music was great and complimented the gaming experience very nicely. But in this title the deep lack of interaction was wholesome to the point where the split-screen option significantly improved the experience. That's not something to brag about.

To extend on the lack of interaction, having no challenges laid out by NPC (other than villagers) to unlock exclusive material for example really brought the game down for me. You're too secluded. The game is left being pretty unfulfilled.

The fact that they had to make a separate game for a story mode sums up the franchise quite nicely. Though I have no doubt kids love this game, it's clear to see there are fundamentals flaws which ultimately prevent the game from being truly amazing. A fantastic game let down by these annoying problems makes it a decent to good game instead.
  61. Oct 30, 2017
    Minecraft es un excelente juego, super divertido, se pasan horas sin que te des cuenta. La idea principal es simple, y es muy atractiva. La versión de PS3 está muy limitada.
  62. Apr 19, 2016
    The reason i'm not going crazy giving this game a 10 is because if your not on singleplayer and don't have psn friends that have the game, then it sucks, and even so, it's better to play split screen because there is no chat, preventing you from communicating. But if you have a friend who likes to play the game and a additional controller, this a good game. Survival and creative mode areThe reason i'm not going crazy giving this game a 10 is because if your not on singleplayer and don't have psn friends that have the game, then it sucks, and even so, it's better to play split screen because there is no chat, preventing you from communicating. But if you have a friend who likes to play the game and a additional controller, this a good game. Survival and creative mode are fun to, survival if you like to work with your friends and 1v1 combat your friends creative with host privliges on if you want build w/ your friends and maybe troll them. Verdict is a game that you will quickly get bored with if you do singleplayer, but will be incredibly fun if you do multiplayer. 8/10 Expand
  63. Jul 13, 2016
    This game is okay but it is flawed. And is it just me that thinks its kinda strange to put minecraft on the PS3? The controls are okay and not as good as the x360 in comparison.
  64. Aug 19, 2017
    Minecraft: PlayStation3 Edition: So Minecraft, a sandbox game filled with endless possibilities that a game like this can hold. A Swedish video game Developer Markus Persson the founder of the video game company Mojang made a sandbox game containing elements of building, mining, exploring, etc. in 2011 a sandbox game called Minecraft was released for the Personal Computer, many People wereMinecraft: PlayStation3 Edition: So Minecraft, a sandbox game filled with endless possibilities that a game like this can hold. A Swedish video game Developer Markus Persson the founder of the video game company Mojang made a sandbox game containing elements of building, mining, exploring, etc. in 2011 a sandbox game called Minecraft was released for the Personal Computer, many People were hooked to the game because of Minecraft's endless replay ability, Mojang every often so now and then made countless of updates that will add more to the game and give on a big selling point. Minecraft was now becoming more popular than Markus could of ever imagined. A company by the name of 4J studios wanted to help make Minecraft even more popular than it already is, in 2012 Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition released surprising many fans that a sandbox game that uses a keyboard is ported to the 360 with a controller with very limited buttons. In 2013 Minecraft: PlayStation3 was released which is the version I bought for my PS3, it was the same thing as the 360 only it's the PlayStation3. My experiences with Minecraft were all over the place, this was more than just a video game to me, it felt like an experience that gave me endless of things to do. There was no story objective and no directions on what to do or were to go, that's all up to the Player to decide. There is so much to talk about this game because of the endless thing you can do in this game, but a video game with this much experience as this and how popular it is mind blowing, the merchandise is huge and many mods to play and download assuming you have the PC version. Minecraft for the PlayStation3 is a game that I can recommend to anyone who has a very creative mind especially for a sandbox game like this, but I can't recommend this to anyone because the game doesn't tell you what to do or how you should do it, it will give you directions for controls when you first start the game, but when you first start up your first world without not knowing for what to do, your not gonna get very far with this game to begin with. But as an experience I can recommend trying it out, the most decent of directions of what to do comes from the Minecraft wiki that tells you how to craft, cook, make houses, etc. It took me a few years to be good at this and all of that experience came from that site, Minecraft playing it for your first time without knowing what to do will become hard to achieve a positive experience, but for trying it out as an experience it's great. I find Minecraft a fantastic game because of the endless things you can do in this game and it took years to finally understand everything about this game. For first timers who are gonna buy this game and trying it out, I recommend looking up the stuff you will encounter on the Wiki and without it your gonna be asking your self a lot of Questions on what to do and were to go. Expand

1. May 26, 2014
    Survival, building, exploration and the best building block sandbox since the invention of LEGO. Minecraft didn’t lose any of its fascination on the PS3.
  2. May 20, 2014
    Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition is a joyous adventure, despite being lighter on content than its other iterations.
  3. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Feb 27, 2014
    It’s taken a while, but Minecraft has arrived in all its creative, daunting and addictive glory. [March 2014, p76]