8.3

1. Nov 19, 2013
    Parece un juego de la edad de piedra, me esperaba algo mucho mejor, parece un juego de recreativa que de consola del siglo 21, nefasto. Innovación: No innova nada, penoso. Sonido: Sonidos de recreativa, ¿eso es su potencial? Gráficos: ¿De verdad que esos gráficos son de esta generación? por favor... Jugabilidad: Movimientos toscos, simples y muy absurdos, aburre a las dos peleas. Conclusión: No cumple ni de lejos con ser un juego de Mortal Kombat, ni cumple como juego de lucha. No lo recomiendo. Expand
  2. Sep 12, 2012
    Today, I checked my review history, and it didn't take me long to decide to revamp my score for this particular game. I'm honestly not sure what to write here, and I certainly don't know why I decided to give this game such a high score the last time I reviewed it. Mortal Kombat simply isn't much fun. Sure, you can pop it in with friends over and have a few laughs, but that's about the extent of the enjoyment I could draw from it. Maybe it's the dull campaign, maybe it's the lack of nostalgic attachment; either way, I couldn't bring myself to recommend this title. Perhaps we can give Mortal Kombat a rest now to prevent the series from further embarrassing itself and the entire industry. Expand
  3. May 23, 2011
    Great game spoiled completely by the cheapest most cheating boss in fighting game history. I thought sf4's Seth boss was a pain but it's nothing compared to shoakhan. Most annoyingly if you fail to beat him in story mode you have to sit through a 5 minute long cutscene EVERY TIME you load the game up. There is no way to skip it. Would have been a solid 8-9 score if the game hadn't been ruined by such a bad ending in story. Sound design is fantastic as are visuals and fight mechanics. Too bad it came to such a frustrating and disappointing conclusion. Collapse
  4. May 12, 2011
    Mortal Kombat Review this game has been getting some very high scores and personally I cannot see why, if you like the game then please don't let this review get to you this is just my experience playing the game and how I found it. Story Weirdly this is a part of the game that stood out for me the game tells the story of mortal kombat 1,2 and 3, its very easy to follow the story is told by cut scenes using the ingame engine which makes the cut scenes flow very nicely from the fights but obviously its not perfect the voice acting can be so bad at times however this does make it more satisfying to rip the persons stomach or other organs out.

I will add the modes in here too, this is another good point for the game as there is a lot to do there is the as mentioned story mode which lasts a good length of time (if you can stand the cheap fights and even cheaper bosses)

Gameplay/Design

This is where the game trips and smashes its face the most (in the gameplay), sadly the most important part of a fighting game the problems I have with it are that combos require some extreme thumb speed to pull off which the AI controlled opponents seem to be able to do with ease also fights against the AI is incredibly cheap. a way to put this is as follows you know when you play online on a fighting game and someone you face spams the same move over and over well that's what fighting the AI is like. I know the blocking is an essential part of a fighting game but the AI blocks constantly and it becomes so boring.

And then there is the boss fights against foes like Goro this is where the game Is at its most frustrating these boss don't get a slight stun when you hit them so they can attack freely even why you are in mid combo so you can imagine how annoying that is, your laying into a boss and then he grabs you while in mid combo and slams your face into the ground.

There Is a combo gauge at the bottom of the screen which I cant help but notice seems to have been taken from street fighter 4 but it doesn't seem to build up as you get a combo up it seems to build a lot quicker when you are getting the **** beat out of you. Which I suppose is good as you can use the X-Ray moves when you're in a pinch but buy the time the meter is full you are near KO.

Basically in my opinion the game is broken the speed in which you need to hit buttons to perform combos is ridiculous and the AI gets controller smashingly cheap towards the later parts of the story mode. I found that mashing buttons was more effective than trying to remember and perform combos and for boss fights I decided to be cheap myself by spamming the same move over and over but this is boring games should be fun to play I shouldn't have to fight bosses and other enemy's in a boring way just so I cant defeat them.

But I will say the online is good as real people are a fairer challenge in this game than the AI and yes I know that sounds strange all the modes and variants are here from single player but you don't buy a full price fighting game just for the online especially if you don't have Xbox live or PSN.

Presentation

The game looks very nice all the characters animate amazingly also all the arenas look great with interesting things going on in the background the voice acting is good if abit cheesy the best part of the presentation is the sound which was a weird thing to pick up on. The sound of fist meeting face sounds brutal and the sound of bones snapping makes you cringe (in a good way.)

Overall

Well all I can say that Mortal Kombat is one of the most frustrating fighters ive played single player wise its hard to explain all the problems I have with the game play I would recommend renting it too see what I mean I honestly cannot see why this game is rated so highly the game seems to be more about its violent and brutal nature than good gameplay.

But please if you enjoy the game don't let this get to you and i do want to know what other people think of this ive been playing it since the day it came out here in the UK and i just don't like it.
  5. nop
    Apr 27, 2011
    Unplayable because of two very serious problems:
    Terrible input lag and low overall speed.
    Ugly art and 3d models. Woman characters are especially hideous.

Seriously, you call this game "mature"? No mature person will tolerate this level of artistic/technical impotence for more than ten minutes.
  6. May 23, 2011

1. Dec 12, 2011
    The silky smooth combat combined with the classic twists on the fatalities in the game, of which there are at least two per character not including stage specific ones, and naturally some hidden things that I don't want to spoil here.
  2. Oct 20, 2011
    A very good reboot for the series. 3D-arenas have been axed, so the combat system is simpler and at the same time more refined. [May 2011]
    Mortal Kombat is a great service to fans, but not only fans. It's also a great proposal for anyone who is interested in fighting games.