MotorStorm PlayStation 3

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Mar 6, 2007
7.3

1. Aug 8, 2014
    Even though I'm not really into racing games, I loved this one from the very beginning. Graphic style really suits me, a variety of tracks, surfaces and vehicles let you play the game multiple times without getting bored, the difficulty level is quite challenging, and you need to think strategically and choose right ways for your vehicle every time. A pity there are no trophies, but that'sEven though I'm not really into racing games, I loved this one from the very beginning. Graphic style really suits me, a variety of tracks, surfaces and vehicles let you play the game multiple times without getting bored, the difficulty level is quite challenging, and you need to think strategically and choose right ways for your vehicle every time. A pity there are no trophies, but that's just a minor disadvantage. Expand
  2. Jun 30, 2014
    Beyond my memories and nostalgia of this game, this game succeeded in every aspect and set an extremely high bar for graphics and intuitive racing gameplay at the time when it was released. This is a game where you can buy it and can't stop playing it!
  3. Apr 25, 2014
    Motorstorm is one of the few racing games I like, others being NFS Most Wanted(first one), Fuel, and NFS Undercover. Very visceral feeling, fun, arcade racer. Now it is only $0.89 for a used copy, very worth it.
  4. Apr 1, 2013
    This single-handedly justified my early PS3 purchased. So many nights of moving through those awesome menus and into races so intense (and perhaps a little too difficult), that is was an entirely new experience.
  5. Mar 25, 2013
    7-Presentation; Average menu's and no story.
    10-Graphics; Excellent
    10-Sound; Excellent
    10-Game play; Excellent levels, mechanics, controls, and AI.
    6-Lasting value; Limited maps and vehicles.
    Overall-8.5/10
  6. Jan 18, 2013
    Motorstorm is a beautiful game that performs just as well. Taking place through the course of one crazy son of a **** racing event. While its a bit annoying that you are forced into certain vehicles for certain races force you in some of the worse of the vehicles it overall is a great game.
  7. Apr 4, 2011
    i like this game quite a bit because it has pretty good graphics, awsome music that works with a raceing game, the maps are well thought out and have lots of detail and finally it is only on PS3. what this game is lacking though is a story mode of some kind and the ability to buy the cars not just have them gifted to you once you reach a certain amount of points but besides those this gamei like this game quite a bit because it has pretty good graphics, awsome music that works with a raceing game, the maps are well thought out and have lots of detail and finally it is only on PS3. what this game is lacking though is a story mode of some kind and the ability to buy the cars not just have them gifted to you once you reach a certain amount of points but besides those this game is top notch and is a must have Expand
  8. Sep 19, 2010
    Motorstorm is really one of the more funny arcade racing game. The online modality is so fun, cause the "recovery" helps the last drivers to gains positions. So the race is ever so exciting. The Festival isn't so long and not even so various, but the possibility of use car, motor bike, pick up and tir is a guarantee. You're are advised!
  9. JoshuaB.
    Jul 12, 2008
    Xbox fanboys have ruined the user score. It sure is a shame when Motorstorm is one of the best racing games I've ever played. Actually, wrong, It is THE BEST. This game has the best graphics a racing game could produce, with absolutely INCREDIBLE mud physics. Sure, it is a bit hard at the start, but you can get used to it, and then you suddenly become addicted. Oh, and I forgot, Xbox fanboys have ruined the user score. It sure is a shame when Motorstorm is one of the best racing games I've ever played. Actually, wrong, It is THE BEST. This game has the best graphics a racing game could produce, with absolutely INCREDIBLE mud physics. Sure, it is a bit hard at the start, but you can get used to it, and then you suddenly become addicted. Oh, and I forgot, there's a twist in the races. There's lots of different types of vehicles, and on some races you'll be able to choose from every class. On the map that you race on there's always things pointing out which class of vehicle should go which way. Say if you were a big truck. There was a ramp with a sign of a picture with a line through a truck. If you go on it, basically, your dead. Great game, I would reccomend it to anyone! (onlines a bit sore though, except for downloadable content, that's great right now). Expand
  10. DanielN.
    Jun 13, 2008
    The user rating for this game has suffered quite a lot from xbox 360 fanboys. The game looks great and is real fun to play, the online is quite good as well. Only one flaw with the game is that their is no splitscreen however if the player really wasn't splitscreen then they should get the Japanese version... the PS3 is multiregional!
  11. LeonL.
    Mar 19, 2008
    It is fun to play initially. When it goes to level 3, it's getting unfair to compete with the computers. Online playing is the most valuable feature. However, I'm facing connection problem sometimes. No doubt it is one of the best graphic for PS3 games so far.
  12. Sauce
    Mar 8, 2008
    Really good. Sure its not perfect, and more tracks would be nice, but the downloads are a steady stream of content while the package by itself is worthy of your time. Splitscreen in Motorstorm 2 please.
  13. SuleimanM
    Feb 25, 2008
    At the end of the day, Motorstorm is a satisfying racer. The graphics are great, the gameplay is awesome, and the online is smooth. Although a bit lacking in features, Motorstorm satisfies nonetheless. If you're looking for a racer with great physics, some nice single player and multiplayer, then look no further, Motorstorm fits the bill.
  14. ChristopherS.
    Dec 15, 2007
    If your looking for a game to show off the power of the PS3 this is the one. Probably one of the finest looking racing games ever made and that alone is reason enough to buy it. The game play isn't bad either, with a sophisticated physics model and challenging, almost to the point of frustrating, rival AI. Evolution studios has done a commendable job. I hope they're hard at work If your looking for a game to show off the power of the PS3 this is the one. Probably one of the finest looking racing games ever made and that alone is reason enough to buy it. The game play isn't bad either, with a sophisticated physics model and challenging, almost to the point of frustrating, rival AI. Evolution studios has done a commendable job. I hope they're hard at work producing their next WRC title. Expand
  15. Limanima
    Oct 31, 2007
    This game is awsome. I dont uderstand some of the bad reviews this game has. It has amazing graphics, and a fantastic gameplay. What else a gamer wants? Calling mediocre to Motorstorm (Hardcore Gamer Magazine)? This comments must be from some XBox fanboy.
  16. Steaky
    Sep 11, 2007
    Great off road action. Its more realistic than Xcitetruck, so yeah its 'slower'. Off road racing is like that though :P Still its great fun, good sound and graphics (frame rate is fine, I dont notice it being too low). Online works well also. I love the motion steering, adds a lot more realism. Only issue is there is no voice chat in the online play.
  17. SergioK.
    Aug 18, 2007
    This is the first time I give game a 10. I owe 360 and a PS3, so far it's the best game I played in a long time. Good graphics, good gameplay, awesome multiplayer. Nothing like a bike race at the canyon - huge adrenalin rush.
  18. NickG.
    May 28, 2007
    An exceptionally fun driving game, that's worst flaw is the limited number of tracks. Worth playing.
  19. SYC
    May 17, 2007
    A visually stunning game to be sure, but also a suprisingly deep and addictive racing game that captures the excitement of Burnout, puts it in the world of off road racing and requires a lot more skill. Best of all, Motorstorm is the first off road racing game to really 'nail it' and is certainly the best one ever made by a mile.
  20. ps3beat
    May 2, 2007
    WOW! pure race action with the best nexgen graphics ever. innovative gameplay and tracks. Online-Mode will be better with 1.2 Update - but we want more tracks, more tracks !!!
  21. TobyH.
    Apr 23, 2007
    The game lacks depth in the single player mode, though in reality is there to enhance your ability and to unlock cars. The online play is its strength, it plays magnificently and having played around 300 races online I can tell you its addictive. The game is pure class and lets hope its sign of things to come.
  22. AdamS.
    Apr 22, 2007
    Graphic's are the best I've seen the tracks are wicked gameplay is good with SIXAXIS and online well I haven't tried yet but I sure will do!!!
  23. GazT.
    Apr 1, 2007
    Brilliant game & anyone who has only played it for 10 minutes HAS NOT seen everything the game has to offer! And as for the ps2 game with pretty graphics get real what is there that looks or plays like this on the ps2 - now. Got a PS3 get it its wicked!
  24. RenegadeS.
    Apr 1, 2007
    Astonishing game. Truly next-gen graphics, great physics models, awesome scenery, and different vehicles that really feel different. Those who say it's so slow must've been driving the big-rigs, which are meant to be like that. Get yourself a bike though and it flies along at light-speed - exactly how it should be.
  25. DaveA.
    Mar 17, 2007
    Wow! Finally something different! This game is fun to play . If you are tired of the same old racing type games--than this one is for you.Limited tracks do hinder this title,but gameplay and a full six axis control feature make this game a solid one. And yes it is even fun enough for your little sister/brother.
  26. SladeW.
    Mar 17, 2007
    This is the funnest racing games I have ever played a must buy.
  27. JeffA.
    Mar 16, 2007
    Do not believe the average ratings. Motorstorm is a must have game for the PS3. The graphics are 1010 and the gameplay is totally addictive. This game is worth buying a PS3 for.
  28. MichaelT.
    Mar 12, 2007
    This is a great game for the PS3. The graphics are nice, and while the options are limited, I have played the tracks over and over and have not gotten tired of it. The tracks are expansive and the A.I. gets better and better as you progress through the single player mode. The online play definitely adds another dimension. I read the reviews before playing, and I thought that I would not This is a great game for the PS3. The graphics are nice, and while the options are limited, I have played the tracks over and over and have not gotten tired of it. The tracks are expansive and the A.I. gets better and better as you progress through the single player mode. The online play definitely adds another dimension. I read the reviews before playing, and I thought that I would not end up liking it, but so far, I have been pleasantly surprised. I think this game is a great addition to the PS3 family. If it weren't for the limited options and offline multiplayer this game would be deserving of a 10! Expand
  29. IanI.
    Mar 12, 2007
    Game is epic, I'm not generally the racing game type, you won't see me buying a Motorcross game on any normal ocation. But this game is amazing (and no I don't mean that on simply a graphical scale), the gameplay is like burnout at its best with a distinct next gen flavor. The singleplayer is incredibly fun, though like everyone has noticed, more gameplay modes and other Game is epic, I'm not generally the racing game type, you won't see me buying a Motorcross game on any normal ocation. But this game is amazing (and no I don't mean that on simply a graphical scale), the gameplay is like burnout at its best with a distinct next gen flavor. The singleplayer is incredibly fun, though like everyone has noticed, more gameplay modes and other extra features should be added. My only real beef with this title is no splitscreen. Its a racing game without any splitscreen (online or offline) and it realy hurts it. Other than that the game is pretty near perfect. Expand
  30. JulianT.
    Mar 8, 2007
    Yes, it only has 8 tracks, so what? have you ever seen anything look so good before? This game is real fun playing solo, but the real fun starts online, it is awesome. If you have a PS3, you have to get this game period.

1. Motorstorm is pretty much the best off-road driving simulation ever to grace a console. The physics are so accurate, yet altered for arcade like effect, and feel so right that the development team must have had at least a couple Physics PhD’s on staff to pull off such a feat. [JPN Import]
  2. One of Motorstorm's big successes is that it demands of you things that other racers don't even bother to ask. You'll have to learn every nook and cranny of the terrain before you can drive around courses with confidence. [JPN Import]
  3. PSM3 Magazine UK
    Tough, dynamic racing. A blistering thrill ride that makes good on PlayStation 3's promises. [JPN Import; Jan 2007, p.58]