8.1

1. Nov 26, 2012
    This game really have some new interesting elements and is funny + erotic (like the most games of Compile Heart)

recommend++ for everyone who have a good taste for video games and espeically for JRPG Fans!
  2. Jul 2, 2013
    Battle systems are quite intricate, there are multiple strategies to use to win a battle which can be moe kill, defeating the opponent or using a powerful peon ball.

At least the game has customizable characters, I'm not going to rate the game low just because it simple, just having one is a plus.

Character upgrades in the Mugen Field is quite addicting, I could spend hours over
    there testing out setup to clear 100 floors.

The story's really simple and linear, the true ending route is quite heartwarming and main character learns the value of friendship.

I don't recommend this for the average gamer, it is not for everyone, you can either love it or not like it. There are some nit picky things such as the loading times or lag but it's been fixed on the sequel. Mugen Souls is more fun than most games I have ever played and felt as if it were made just for me.
  3. Jun 19, 2013
    An excellent game if you're a fan of JRPGs. Contains a lot of humor and dialogue. Gives you the option of Japanese voices or English dub. Customization is up there and a linear progression that lets you visit previous worlds. Arena mode that lets you fight indefinitely. I really love how you can customize your characters, different clothing, hair styles, armor etc. A very underrated game like cross edge but not as radical. Expand
  4. Mar 10, 2013
    This game is a lot of fun. I do understand why a lot of people don't like it. This game clearly follows the Disgaea tree of gaming. There are a million things to do and million game mechanics. It is crazy overwhelming and that is why those of us who like it really like it. If you are a Disgaea fan I think you will like it. It does take away the grid based system and adds a circle of movement for each characters turn which is a little disappointing but I still really enjoy it. A lot of your favorite game mechanics are still there, some of the good one are gone, and a bunch of new both good and not so good are added. Expand
  5. Oct 16, 2012
    A very quirky and fun JRPG. It feels like Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 with a dash of Disgaea. Some of the mechanics can get a little tedious, but being a game in a genre that doesn't have a large selection on current generation consoles, it is a nice addition to the collection. It is definitely a niche title, so it's recommend for players with a certain taste for JRPGs and other anime related media.

Pros: Battle system is fun, dialogue is humorous, character customization, overall feel, plenty of things to do, music is catchy.
    Cons: Moe Kill in battles can get old pretty fast, loading screens are abundant, looks slightly outdated, it can get tedious at times.

1. Dec 17, 2012
    The absolute lowest point in this gen's lunatic JRPG precedent thus far. [Jan 2013, p.80]
  2. Unless you enjoy dressing-up games or cluster headaches, run for your life, and don't look back. [Dec 2012, p.117]
  3. Nov 10, 2012
    Without the kind of stage this story requires, all players are left with is an amusingly iconoclastic oddity, worth trying out, but not falling in love with.