NBA 2K14 PlayStation 3

4.9

1. Feb 20, 2014
    Honestly this game can be a lot of fun. But has so much problems. MyCareer mode is the exact same, just they took out the celebrities. There are blocking calls left and right, when you shoot a three pointer in the corner, if it is A+ quality according to the shot feedback, it will miss. Sometimes, after you finish a game you did well on with maybe 10 minute quarters, so you've played aboutHonestly this game can be a lot of fun. But has so much problems. MyCareer mode is the exact same, just they took out the celebrities. There are blocking calls left and right, when you shoot a three pointer in the corner, if it is A+ quality according to the shot feedback, it will miss. Sometimes, after you finish a game you did well on with maybe 10 minute quarters, so you've played about 30 minutes, the 2k sports servers are down, so your game didn't happen. And you will need to replay it if its a key game. Why does an offline mode need online connection? So you can use real money to buy their virtual currency. Blacktop mode locks the best players and if you buy them and the servers go down, you can't play with them. I give it a 6 because it is fun. But so annoying. Expand
  2. Oct 15, 2013
    yes the game looks like 2k13, and yes the menus and my player mode look almost identical. even tho lebron is great this whole game is to revolved around him. i would like my player to be more like 2k10 or 2k11(best 2k ever) in terms of being drafted based on multiple games instead of one game at the garden which doesnt even nake sense, even tho i got drafted 5th overall this time.

in

in terms of gameplay im on da fence. the game is smooth, no lag, no choppyness, very free flowing. however i thought the creators would of learned from 2k12(worst 2k ever) that you can not make a game so real to the point were if the ball hits off of anyone's body part you loose it. many of times im playing 2k14, and someone feels the need to turn it into a football match at the line of scrimmage, ive had the basketball kneed, elbowed, headbutted and even butt fumbled away from me at least 12 times a game.

the pro stick is a good idea but i dont think there was anything wrong with 2k13.s controls. stepback jumpshots and certain crossovers seem like your putting in a cheat code to attempt it. but the flashy passer is a dope idea i like the fact that you cant cheese with the spin layup like 2k13. only one way to to dunks with the computer choosing which dunks they want to do for you is no bueno, example blake griffin back a two hand dunk and places the ball on his back in the half court offense can be knocked out of his hands by anybody

they put shot blocking in the game which is a great plus, dont kno why they ever took it out. but my biggest problem with 2k14 is the fact that AI does not respect perimeter players with out the ball. any and all perimeters player go unguarded on the perimeter for some strange reason. which is a big no-no because ive dropped 30+ with players like jason terry, kevin martin, derrick williams, vince carter, ben gordon, and even gerald green because off ball players have enough room to catch and shoot uncontested. and just like how i do it opponents do it as well even if you play the comp on hall of fame they dont gaurd you even if the person gets hot.
  3. Oct 8, 2013
    This game is basically an upgrade to 2k13.

Introducing.... NBA 2k13s Really, there aren't many changes between these two series at all. The noticeable changes are: - Music (considerably better) - Graphics (much better) - Menu theme (pointless) - LeBron James mode (It's so stupid, I forgot how it's actually called) - New Roster - Bug Fixes I'm not disappointed, but I
    This game is basically an upgrade to 2k13.

Introducing.... NBA 2k13s

Really, there aren't many changes between these two series at all.

The noticeable changes are:
    - Music (considerably better)
    - Graphics (much better)
    - Menu theme (pointless)
    - LeBron James mode (It's so stupid, I forgot how it's actually called)
    - New Roster
    - Bug Fixes

I'm not disappointed, but I wanted better.
  4. Oct 23, 2013
    Pretty much the weakest 2k ever! Y'all should slap the out yourselves and do better next time! Worst game ever I will never buy a 2k game again!!!!!!!!
  5. Nov 11, 2013
    I really appreciate you guys changing the alley hoop from the 2k13 configuration but I wish you guys would have left the circle as the hop step and spin dunk other than that 2k have been running it when it comes to basketball. P.S WHAT HAPPEN TO 2K COLLEGE HOOPS PLEASE BRING IT BACK
  6. Dec 30, 2013
    This game is another version of 2k13, the graphics are horrible and the glitches can get annoying. I wouldnt waste more than 10 dollars on this game on the current gen system (ps3/xbox360)
  7. Jul 9, 2014
    2K should have spent less time creating the annoying Lebron mode and more time fixing obvious bugs: Teammates standing out of bounds for no reason or dribbling out of bounds for no reason. Teammates switch on picks without needing too and the game provides no way to see this coming or prevent it. The social media feed will get off a few days and you'll be heckled for failing challenges2K should have spent less time creating the annoying Lebron mode and more time fixing obvious bugs: Teammates standing out of bounds for no reason or dribbling out of bounds for no reason. Teammates switch on picks without needing too and the game provides no way to see this coming or prevent it. The social media feed will get off a few days and you'll be heckled for failing challenges that are in games you haven't played yet. You can only have one name and face for all of your created players and the game does not warn you of this, ever. There is no point in equipping a shoe because there is only a 20% chance your player will be wearing them in the next game. Lastly, non-shooting fouls that occur from shot block attempts are ALWAYS followed by commentary about not being in position for the charge.
    This game got so many things right but a couple of big things really wrong.
  8. Aug 8, 2014
    This game is really fun, mycareer was done well. But, honestly, a single player campaign should not hurt my controller that much. Because the game play was coded so badly that it makes me rage. That's something that multiplayer games like CoD should do, not single player campaigns. Seriously, one time the ball went in the hoop and the ingame refs called it out of bounds! Or I grabbedThis game is really fun, mycareer was done well. But, honestly, a single player campaign should not hurt my controller that much. Because the game play was coded so badly that it makes me rage. That's something that multiplayer games like CoD should do, not single player campaigns. Seriously, one time the ball went in the hoop and the ingame refs called it out of bounds! Or I grabbed the defensive rebound ~5 feet away from the hoop and they called goaltending. Also, the rebounding is really awful. Sometimes I go for the rebound (I have maxed out rebounding skill) and I'll jump up for it and then don't grab it, and instead just fall back down and then the ball bounces off of my face and somebody else grabs it. Sometimes the ball bounces back off the rim with more force than it had on the original shot, too. Fun game, don't get me wrong, but the programmers are awful, especially the ones that programmed the refs. Expand
  9. Mar 4, 2014
    2K's biggest disappointment yet. If you're wondering why, let me elaborate.
    Gameplay: 3/10
    2K's biggest disappointment yet. If you're wondering why, let me elaborate.
    Gameplay: 3/10
    The gameplay is nearly a carbon copy of 2K13. The difference? Shooting has become very difficult; you can get "Excellent A+" and still miss. If you are dominating a match early, expect to lose. The game allows the computer to make rediculously impossible buckets, including half-court shots, double team shots, and so on. This makes the game very difficult to play.
    MyCareer: 0/10
    No changes were made whatsoever. It is the exact same thing as last year. For this, MyCareer gets a zero.
    Music: 4/10
    Some music choices for this game are a little odd. Why did LeBron put "In the Air Tonight" on here? Another note: Whenever you create your MyPlayer, turn the volume down. Drake's "Started From thr Bottom" plays continuously on an endless loop until you are finished. Ugh.
    Overall: 0/10
    Why didn't they change anything about the game? This is the result of 2K's change to next gen consoles, I understand. But copying last years game and just adding a new presentation? That's just sorry. 0/10.

1. Jan 3, 2014
    NBA 2K14 introduces a deeper and more advanced steering, which is welcome for all of us who don’t manage the more tactic side of the game. Prostick is a great addition and NBA 2K14 is a game that grows the more you invest in it and the more you know about the sport.
  2. Nov 14, 2013
    Outside of the new animations, it's hard to see where NBA 2K14 has really advanced ahead of last year's outing. [Issue#141, p.112]
  3. Still the best basketball franchise out there. Avoids greatness due to a smattering of visual bugbears. [December 2013, p79]