5.0

1. Nov 21, 2013
    The terrible performance issues and crashes that made this game unplayable have cleared up when I go offline. The performance is still poor but after some adaption the game becomes enjoyable. In other words, I am writing this review after having to actually adapt to how poor the framerate is. Outside of that, there is a pretty good game here, not without some stupid decisions though. ItThe terrible performance issues and crashes that made this game unplayable have cleared up when I go offline. The performance is still poor but after some adaption the game becomes enjoyable. In other words, I am writing this review after having to actually adapt to how poor the framerate is. Outside of that, there is a pretty good game here, not without some stupid decisions though. It might be a 10/10 on next gen because the performane issues are cleared up. I wish I just never reviewed this game at all. Expand
  2. Mar 27, 2014
    So first off, the bad reviewers are WAY TOO CRITICAL! This is a great game, and if you can't see that, I don't know what's wrong with you. It is a great game, with great graphics, sound, and gameplay. However, every game has it's flaws, and this is no exception.

Let us begin with these flaws. First off, the cops and racers are very unbalanced. The cops are SO OVERPOWERED IT'S NOT

Let us begin with these flaws.

First off, the cops and racers are very unbalanced. The cops are SO OVERPOWERED IT'S NOT EVEN FREAKING FUNNY!!! The cops have nearly infinite health, and when you are a racer, it feels like a few scratches and bumps here and there and you are done with. Cops also have the benefit of getting all their cars for free, while us racers have to buy ours. Beside that, autolog isn't very smooth, sometimes it respawns you in stupid places, stuff like that.

On the flipside, the handling is SUPERIOR, the gameplay is good, the risk-reward system is simple but effective, and the action is non-stop from the time you leave the hideout to the time you are either busted or go back to the hideout.

Overall, my favorite NFS game. Get it.
  3. Sep 11, 2014
    this game has a serious problem with glitch. and it lacks variety of races.. it is the same like nfs hot pursuit which came out for ps3. i bought this game for 60$ and i am totally disappointed. the only plus in this game is its graphics and controls. i this it deserves only a 6/10
  4. Jan 7, 2014
    i have already written a review of this game but I am going to edit it :
    i have already written a review of this game but I am going to edit it :
    need for speed rivals is a great game with superb graphics and fun gameplay. The story is exhilarating and there are plenty of awesome looking cars in the game. Had loads of fun in multi-player. I loved the risk and reward system in the racer faction. There is a wide array of personalization options which I enjoyed using on my cars. It is very rewarding to bust a racer as a cop. The only setbacks were the continuous glitches and easy to complete speedlists.
  5. Oct 23, 2014
    I just purchased this game and immediately I'm impressed by the amazing graphics. The police cars AND racer cars are incredible. Unfortunately these graphics come at a cost and the first time I played it, after 1 hour it glitches. But if you can ignore this, which I can this game is world class.
  6. Nov 13, 2014
    What anybody says about this game you have to try for yourself bewteen cop and race mode you will have days of endless fun.
    If people say dont play this game don't listen to them because you haven't played the game first hand.
  7. Nov 19, 2015
    This game is my favorite out of the entire series. A verity of weapons, 2 careers, an array of cars, one huge open world, and a serious but dark story and when you mix all of these it is incredible.

The game revolves around a cop story mode and a racer mode. They are both heavily different with each perspective being different with racers seeing cops nothing more than little dogs chained up on a fence trying to chase the mailman, while cops see racers as a menace of society and it works out too.
    There is over 80 cars in the game and with a frame rate almost with a solid 720p30FPS the game runs very well.

Weapons are also very unique with some being reused only for a different task. Such as the EMP and EMP Mine. They can reach up to levels as high as 4 and that's actually pretty decent. Cars look almost realistic but however it contains a sad story in customization zone. You can only customize car paint, wheel paint, some wraps and decals and that's it. The Last-Gen versions have one thing that saddens me about is the fact that there is no motion blur in this version.

The story mode is separated in to categories that are distinct from other categories in the respected faction. You can rank up to 61 in the game. After beating a rank you will be able to unlock cars or wraps (racers only). Cops get cars for free while racers have to buy them.

The game's multiplayer however is blended in to the single player. That doesn't mean it's online only. Pausing in NFS Rivals is impossible especially when in single player which is kind of a boner killer if you ask me. The game also features easydrive again but it feels better than most wanted '12 with the U.I. on the screen still.

Since this is an EA game lets talk about the glitches. Whenever you are driving at a fast paced rate, the game will sometimes automatically stop you in your tracks while it is going on still. But this doesn't happen to often. There is also quick respawn glitch which doesn't happen often either. Getting stuck out of the map doesn't happen to often either so thank goodness but when you do you're forced to restart the game because what happens is (one situation) you're stuck, that's it. Then, you can move outside the map but the only way to get out is by *coughs x2* killing yourself if you know what I mean.

The cops in the game are aggressive and will do whatever they can to bust you if your on the opposite faction. The game also comes with a multiplier which increase as up are out in the open. Deviation. More points, more money. Speedpoints count as your currency and used to buy upgrades and such.

Easter eggs are also in the game as well.
  8. Dec 27, 2016
    This game is one of the best NFS games EA has made. This game has 2 carrers, pursuit tech, online mode*, and more! Also, there isnt money in the game, instead there is speedpoints. I have one complaint though: Host...migration

Such a useless feature, all it does is screw your trip up. The game starts 30 seconds after it finishes moving everyone. Real funny EA. Remove this feature now.

*Origin and PSN accounts required for online play.

1. Dec 8, 2013
    Need for Speed Rivals is a fun game, however the open-world racing genre still needs to be refined, especially with the limit of 6-players. Nonetheless, the gameplay is sturdy, graphics detailed but the multiplayer definitely needs some work.
  2. Dec 5, 2013
    Need for Speed: Rivals may not revolutionize the genre but it is an enthralling racing-experience that shows an interesting new way for the combination of single- and multiplayer-gameplay.
  3. Nov 28, 2013
    If you are not making the jump to the next generation yet this is a fun arcade racing game, but if you plan on buying a PS4 or Xbox One that's were you should play it.