NFL Blitz PlayStation 3

6.2

1. Jan 7, 2012
    I bought NFL Blitz because I thought it would be like playing a faster and crazier version of madden which in most part it is. This being my first Blitz game since I was never into American football until I got into high school, I was not expecting that the game was going to be as simplistic as it was. Simplicity is fine and all but I felt that some of the games I played were more of aI bought NFL Blitz because I thought it would be like playing a faster and crazier version of madden which in most part it is. This being my first Blitz game since I was never into American football until I got into high school, I was not expecting that the game was going to be as simplistic as it was. Simplicity is fine and all but I felt that some of the games I played were more of a chore to do than fun especially when you're winning by more than twenty points. The way how you would throw the ball to the receivers surprised me as I thought it would be more madden like, although it works very well for this game. The game modes are pretty beefy for a dlc game with the elite league and co-op modes added in. I was a bit annoyed that Vick and Tebow throw with their right hand instead of left and that there are no dreadlocks or hair on the notably hairy players, also the rosters for some of the teams are lousy. Hopefully they could add dlc players like Jimmy Graham and the Gronk in the next game. This game is pretty fun and is worth the $14.99, but if you are really into madden and ncaa, NFL Blitz will seem too easy. I like the game and is easy enough so that you could play with a little kid or just screw around in with friends. Expand
  2. Oct 3, 2012
    This game is hilariously pointless. It should be over the top, but it's not. No depth, frustrating, bad graphics. It has some moments of fun and 'being in the zone', but overall, what were they thinking?

1. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    Feb 8, 2012
    Still, the experience as a whole suffers only slightly, and we're left with an endlessly engaging arcade title any gamer can enjoy. [Mar 2012, p.81]
  2. Feb 1, 2012
    NFL Blitz feels so very much like its predecessor on the Nintendo 64 that you'll jump right in without a hitch. However, once you get into the game modes and features, you'll find that there is plenty of new content to keep you busy – especially for a downloadable game. If you have a few virtual dollars sitting in your PSN or Xbox Live account, I recommend this game to fans of the series, and fans of a solid arcade experience.
  3. Jan 25, 2012
    Blitz is about thumbing your nose at reality and glorifying the exciting parts of football.