6.9

1. Sep 8, 2010
    Most sports game are so close to their last years game that many don't believe the newest version is relevant. Well NHL 11 stepped it up. NHL 11 will make NHL 10 obsolete in the next few weeks. I dare you to play NHL 11 then try to play NHL 10. It is a big difference. This game fine tuned everything perfectly except for one thing, which, can also be looked at as a good thing. The greatMost sports game are so close to their last years game that many don't believe the newest version is relevant. Well NHL 11 stepped it up. NHL 11 will make NHL 10 obsolete in the next few weeks. I dare you to play NHL 11 then try to play NHL 10. It is a big difference. This game fine tuned everything perfectly except for one thing, which, can also be looked at as a good thing. The great players in this game are a blast to play as, but the bad players are so bad it can be irritating at their slow speeds and inability to deke on a goalie with enough speed to cause any trickery. With that being said it can also be look at as a good thing making the skill level between each league very drastic. In real life the CHL players are not as good as NHL players so I suppose it is a good thing to have that in the game too. Expand
  2. Sep 17, 2010
    Dont listen to those negative reviews ..this is a class game I got 09 but skipped 10, so for me its a very new game..if your a hockey fan or just a gamer who likes a fast action packed game , then get this, its stacked with options and sliders to suit even the fussiest gamer. Great game worth every penny (or dollar)
  3. Sep 9, 2010
    While not without minor flaws (Frame rate drops during cut-scenes....still) NHL 11 has minimal room for complaint. Team EA Canada put an emphasis on the slew of new gameplay tweaks this years NHL would have in store, and they do not disappoint. With a deep and engaging online mode, and improved offline modes (GM, Season, and Be-A-Pro) NHL 11 essentially raised the bar for hockey games toWhile not without minor flaws (Frame rate drops during cut-scenes....still) NHL 11 has minimal room for complaint. Team EA Canada put an emphasis on the slew of new gameplay tweaks this years NHL would have in store, and they do not disappoint. With a deep and engaging online mode, and improved offline modes (GM, Season, and Be-A-Pro) NHL 11 essentially raised the bar for hockey games to come. With the new jaw-dropping physics engine, a surprising amount of new content, and enough game modes to last you well into the year 2011, NHL 11 is a no-brainier. Buy it immediately. Expand
  4. Sep 15, 2010
    NHL11 in my opinion is not only the best of the series but also the best sport game of all time, it surpasses all the other competitors by a top notch. In this year game, it's all about the details, they make the game more innovative then ever. Try it you will not be dissapointed, even for a new guy to the series.
  5. Sep 16, 2010
    NHL 11 is the best of the series. I cant stop playin it, especially be a pro mode online. the gameplay is perfect and i feel like im actually out there skatin on the ice. the graphics are totally insane they look so real. they also have the team logos at center ice now so its way more authentic.
  6. Sep 16, 2010
    This is by far the best NHL game I have played in many years. The game is more realistic then ever. Its fun to play with all the different players that you dont know and get there rating up so they become better. I like mixing up my lines and seeing what works and what doesnt. The be a Pro Mode is by far the best. I love having the control of just my player and setting up my teammates forThis is by far the best NHL game I have played in many years. The game is more realistic then ever. Its fun to play with all the different players that you dont know and get there rating up so they become better. I like mixing up my lines and seeing what works and what doesnt. The be a Pro Mode is by far the best. I love having the control of just my player and setting up my teammates for easy goals.

Great Game!!
  7. Jun 29, 2011
    If I had reviewed this in September or October, I probably would've given it a 10, simply because I love hockey, and a new hockey video game gets me all excited. But I've been playing it for almost 10 months now, so I have an honest opinion on it. It's the best hockey game available, no question. And, for the most part, there was no disappointment. The AI goalies and players are at theirIf I had reviewed this in September or October, I probably would've given it a 10, simply because I love hockey, and a new hockey video game gets me all excited. But I've been playing it for almost 10 months now, so I have an honest opinion on it. It's the best hockey game available, no question. And, for the most part, there was no disappointment. The AI goalies and players are at their best, in my opinion (I play all-star difficulty), and the graphics, passing, hitting, playoff mode, GM mode and scoring are too. I suppose my main complaints are the Be a Pro mode, and the online mode. Be a Pro is decent, but it has some serious flaws. For some reason, the AI is worse. As a forward, you will be the leading scorer on your team by a MILE. An example: on the Carolina Hurricanes (I was drafted 13th overall, didn't choose the Canes), about 20 games in, i had about 25 points. Nothing wrong with that, as scoring isn't necessarily easy, but I am the only one TRYING to score. Eric Staal, a regular 80 point guy in real life, had 4 points. 4 points in 20 games... seriously? Goalie mode is worse. You will be lucky to face 20 shots in a game, and turning up the difficulty doesn't increase the shots, it simply makes the puck impossibly hard to stop, especially with a 75 overall goalie. Online would be fantastic if it weren't for EA's now trademark connection problems. The game modes are great, but it would be so much better if it weren't so laggy (especially on Team mode, when you play with 11 other guys). Thankfully, EVERYTHING else about this game is stellar, and that earns it an 8 from me. EA just needs to fix some harsh flaws for NHL 12... which I will more than likely be buying... as always... Expand
  8. Jun 25, 2012
    Just as good as NHL 12, and that terrible manual passing issue is non-existent. NHL is probably the only EA game series I may ever buy again, I dislike them, but this game is great.
  9. Oct 26, 2014
    The Nhl series are always the same.The only changing thing is some controls the name of the players and the teams doesn't always have the same players.But despite the fact of being repetitive (what can you do it's a sport game it will always be repetitive) i recommend it.

1. Jan 12, 2011
    There's little to nothing in NHL 11 to complain about. The quality of the presentation is fantastic and you can tell EA went to tremendous lengths to tweak the gameplay to improve the hockey experience.
  2. Jan 10, 2011
    For the puck lovers, it's still the best simulation out there. Yet, it shows too many similarities with its predecessor.
  3. Jan 10, 2011
    That said, there is no denying that NHL 11 provides an enjoyable recreation of ice hockey, which manages to be both accessible to newcomers and packed with content to entertain more dedicated fans.