7.4

1. Oct 27, 2014
    Sort of like Sony's answer to Smash Bros. Just like that series it takes various mascots from the different series that the company has put out and let's you fight them. It's also filled with references to the company's proud history. The strength here is how it manages to make each character feel different from one another while still capturing what makes them, well, them. It's aSort of like Sony's answer to Smash Bros. Just like that series it takes various mascots from the different series that the company has put out and let's you fight them. It's also filled with references to the company's proud history. The strength here is how it manages to make each character feel different from one another while still capturing what makes them, well, them. It's a remarkably balanced fighter that any Sony fan should check out.

It's got it's differences from Smash Bros. The focus is building up meters that allow super attacks to beat enemies. There are also a tone of unlockables. I just wish they were more interesting. Mostly they're just backfgrounds and icons for your in-game customizable emblems. The costumes and "minions" are pretty cool though. There's a great selection of characters to choose from.

This is something I would like to become a series for Sony. What's here is already great, but you can totally see how they can expand on it in the same way Nintendo keeps expanding their Smash Bros. series. New entries with different types of unlockables, stages, and fighters from more of Sony's catalog of games would be awesome. Especially considering how great the game already is.

As it stands it's a great fighter. If Sony considers making this a franchise then they could have a cool alternative to Nintendo's excellent series. This is a great start to what could be a great series. I just want to see more of it. My total score for it is a 8.7/10.
  2. Jan 18, 2013
    So this game doesn't have the same amount of content that smash bros. has, but it has high replay value and a more advanced fighting system. The result is a flawed but very fun brawler.
  3. May 15, 2015
  4. Feb 13, 2016
    Playstation All Stars is a very mixed bag. The fighting is VERY similar to Smash Bros, but not exactly the same. One thing I found very disappointing about this game is the way they dumb down bad-ass characters, like Kratos, Drake, and Radec. They are awesome in their own games, but very weak here. The campaign's are pretty uninteresting too. The main thing that holds All Stars up is thePlaystation All Stars is a very mixed bag. The fighting is VERY similar to Smash Bros, but not exactly the same. One thing I found very disappointing about this game is the way they dumb down bad-ass characters, like Kratos, Drake, and Radec. They are awesome in their own games, but very weak here. The campaign's are pretty uninteresting too. The main thing that holds All Stars up is the excellent fighting, and the great online mode. Buy this game if you want a slice of the Smash Bros action and you don't own a Wii, but apart from that, there are better fighting games out there. Expand
  5. Sep 6, 2014
    PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royal is a fun game for PlayStation gamers. While it is not perfect, the gameplay is fun and competitive. The character selection is decent, even though it is missing a few necessities. That issue aside, this is a great game.
  6. Jan 19, 2013
    An epic game and a hilarious game. Super Smash Bros can't have characters like PlayStation and the characters are great. The PlayStation and Sony Computer Entertainment made a awesome game.
  7. Jul 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It isn't a horrible game. I mean it is fun in some ways. However, Sony's game are too different to combine, I mean God of war vs. parappa?
    However, the biggest problem I have with this game is that it's a shameless rip-off of the Super Smash Bros. series. A crossover between your biggest characters? Nintendo did it first? Stages to go a long with character? Nintendo did it first, They even went into detail with their stealing, exact same color schemes for players with damage counters? Really? At least be settle about it Sony. This game tries to be better than the SSB series which we all know is impossible. They literally just took Nintendo's Super Smash Bros. franchise piece by piece. Side scrolling-arcade-beat 'em up? NINTENDO. ALREADY. [expletive]. DI. IT! Had they have gone with a 3d world, or free roam gameplay, I would've have been fine with everything else, but ripping off Nintendo piece by piece is unacceptable for any true gaming fan. Again, I mean Nintendo's games have sort of the same feel, so Link vs. Mario isn't mind blowing, and seems even, but Kratos vs. Fat Princess? A rated M game vs a game 5 year olds play. It's ridiculous.
  8. Feb 9, 2013
    I'll start this review saying that I'm a huge fan of the Super Smash Brothers franchise and have played all of them almost to infinity. Except Brawl. With that said, I have to say that this game is extremely enjoyable and...fun! Finally a fun and simple game to play with, without bothering super realistic mechanics of graphics (which are good), and just focuses on smacking enemies allI'll start this review saying that I'm a huge fan of the Super Smash Brothers franchise and have played all of them almost to infinity. Except Brawl. With that said, I have to say that this game is extremely enjoyable and...fun! Finally a fun and simple game to play with, without bothering super realistic mechanics of graphics (which are good), and just focuses on smacking enemies all around the arena. Just like Super Smash Brothers. Even if it's considered a "rip-off", I'll be honestly fair:: it does somethings differently, enough that it could be considered totally different; for instance, you don't throw your enemies away, but you actually have to kill them with a special skill: that changes some characters' mechanics and skills. The roster also is rather fun and has some nice choices (and some BAD choices too), although some characters aren't exactly fun to play with and are very hard to use...which is good! It gives some depth for some characters, in order to be used properly. Although, a lot of characters have too many ranged attacks, but since you have to use a skill, which is different per character (either range and speed etc), I honestly haven't seen that much unbalance like it should. It has also challenges that, even if silly and kinda uninteresting, they actually are good for training more your character in using the skills he has, so I can't say it's totally useless. Maybe just unappealing. It's not a flawless game, but even if flaws can be either big or small, I have one personal flaw that some may or may not agree: the roster itself. We got some iconic characters from the playstation world (well duh!), most of them are ok...but some are just...right. For instance...where's Crash? Spyro?! Lara Croft?!?!Dante (the white haired)?!!?! CLOUD!?! I just named a few "BIG" iconic characters from the Playstation world, and even if I'm not a big fan of most of these they are STILL important figures of the Playstation world that should have been inside from the very start. Instead, we get..."new dante" from DmC (even if not a fan of either new and old dante, this one is still my less favourite); the Fat Princess...from Fat Princess on PSP (no comment...), Raiden from Metal Gear Solid (....the name itself implies that the main character, is NOT Raiden), Radec from Killzone (really? Killzone? Is Call of Duty next?); Toro from that japanese game (Together Everywhere! it says. Never heard of it). Although, I admit that some other are actually good and I appreciate their addition (Spike from Ape Escape, Daniel from Medievil, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, and my favourite: Sly Cooper!!!), the roster could have used a LOT more of iconic characters and I'm almost sure we gonna get more that won't be of our interest (I can almost see Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII in the future...). But it still has potential to deliver most of the iconic characters we loved and still love to this way...and that's what "makes" this game really. It has technical flaws, it can be considered whatever they think it is, it can be better in some other details, but I'm pretty sure that most of us are interested on the game mostly for the simple yet fun mechanics AND the characters themselves. It's like a dive into nostalgia and, as far I can see, the big reason to avoid this game, it's if you prefer more technical or more complex fighting games, with more realistic mechanics and just...more technical details. But if you like simple fighting games where you could bash others with few buttons together with friends just like old times (it has online, and it works...but it's BEST played offline with friends), I highly recommend to give it a try and try enjoying it for what it is. A simple and fun fighting game with your favourite characters of all time! Expand
  9. Jan 3, 2017
    Deutsche Review - Kritik

Deutsche Review - Kritik

Der folgende Test ist in 5 Kategorien zusammengefasst. Diese 5 Kartegorien ergeben die Gesamtpunktzahl von 0 - 100 Punkten. Um einen passenden Userscore zu geben wird auf oder abgerundet. Bei 84 Punkten ergibt das einen User Score von 8. Bei 86 einen von Userscore von 9. Falls eine 85 kommt entscheide ich ob ich es eher positiv oder negativ nehme. Regeln verstanden?
    Dann sind hier meine Punkte.

Mein persönlicher Score = 51/100
    Mein User Score = 5/10
  10. Dec 18, 2012
    I wish I could claim that this brought all my PS fantasies to life. But NO. I think it's just as good as SS in many ways but it just does feel big enough. Do you know what I mean?
  11. Jan 5, 2013
    Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale is a great brawler/fighting game, with fair amount unique characters and stages, well, except from Cole and Evil Cole, two characters that are practically the same in almost every way (which is silly); but other than those two, the characters are extremely unique with their own massive move sets to show off. The multi-player being the mode to show offPlaystation All-Stars Battle Royale is a great brawler/fighting game, with fair amount unique characters and stages, well, except from Cole and Evil Cole, two characters that are practically the same in almost every way (which is silly); but other than those two, the characters are extremely unique with their own massive move sets to show off. The multi-player being the mode to show off the greatness of the whole game, at the same time...The single-player being slightly disappointingly short and not insanely fun, being ultimately not quite the experience of the multi-player. If you want to know... This game is a fair bit different to Smash Bros and is it's own, special game for those fans of Playstation or even those of fighters (as in game genre). This game is definitely recommended; also, those people who have been giving this game 0-4 out of ten are probably trolls. So I give this game... 8.6/10! Expand
  12. Dec 27, 2013
    It combines characters, environments and ideas into a tight package that manages to keep you entertained. PlayStation All-Stars is its own game, and it even happens to do some things better than what inspired it. You and your friends will have blast with this game especially as a party game.
  13. May 21, 2016
    This is just a shameless Smash clone. There is almost nothing good about this game. The moves are pathetic and some of the finisher moves are unfair. The game is mostly just a button masher. This is because many of the moves are useless and you basically just want to punch and kick instead. The worst part-- to play online, you need to BUY AN ONLINE PASS. I kid you not. You need to pay $10This is just a shameless Smash clone. There is almost nothing good about this game. The moves are pathetic and some of the finisher moves are unfair. The game is mostly just a button masher. This is because many of the moves are useless and you basically just want to punch and kick instead. The worst part-- to play online, you need to BUY AN ONLINE PASS. I kid you not. You need to pay $10 extra just to play the only good mode in the game. This is one of the worst fighting games I have ever played. The Vita version is slightly better but don't get this game on PS3. Expand
  14. Jan 10, 2013
    This game is fun it is a lot like super smash bro.s in looks but it is much harder to master and the play style is different there are many different modes in this game similar to smash bro.s but as much because smash bro.s has had time to fix there mistakes in the past the stages and character designs are awesome but there arent enough characters despite that there is promised dlcThis game is fun it is a lot like super smash bro.s in looks but it is much harder to master and the play style is different there are many different modes in this game similar to smash bro.s but as much because smash bro.s has had time to fix there mistakes in the past the stages and character designs are awesome but there arent enough characters despite that there is promised dlc coming levels and characters alike the multiplayer works great almost no lag 99% of the time if you are a fan of fighting games or playstation you should get this its very fun Expand
  15. Dec 25, 2012
    Wow i see a lot of hate in this. Giving a zero to a game? Seriously a zero? i understand a 4 but a 0 coming from people that just give 10's to nintendo and wii games is just lame. This is not about a console war, but about giving fair ratings to the games. If you didn't played it or you just don't like the Playstation just don't rate the games and come back for the nintendo. I like thisWow i see a lot of hate in this. Giving a zero to a game? Seriously a zero? i understand a 4 but a 0 coming from people that just give 10's to nintendo and wii games is just lame. This is not about a console war, but about giving fair ratings to the games. If you didn't played it or you just don't like the Playstation just don't rate the games and come back for the nintendo. I like this game, it's not perfect but i have a lot of fun playing it on multiplayer and solo. And playing with some of my favorite characters of my loved games is just awesome. And again Kratos came and kicked-ass in this game. Expand
  16. Oct 18, 2013
    playstation all stars battler royale is a lousy excuse to promote foreign franchises. bad choice of characters, lack of originality on the part of team santa monica estudios.un plagiarism and poor imitation of super smash bros.THIS GAME ONLY PROVES THAT PLAYSTATION CHARACTER (EXCEPT NATHAN DRAKE) HAS LESS CHARISMA THAN NINTENDO CHARACTER. WORST PLAYSTATION GAME OF EVER!!
  17. Dec 2, 2012
    On the outside PS All-Stars Battle Royale appeares to have the making of a huge brawling epic. The concept of all our PS All-Stars scrapping in imaginitive and fantastically crafted environments is a fabulous concept. For what All-Stars Battle Royale visually presents to the player, it doesn't disappoint. But when you play it, some of the magic starts to unravel and repetition startsOn the outside PS All-Stars Battle Royale appeares to have the making of a huge brawling epic. The concept of all our PS All-Stars scrapping in imaginitive and fantastically crafted environments is a fabulous concept. For what All-Stars Battle Royale visually presents to the player, it doesn't disappoint. But when you play it, some of the magic starts to unravel and repetition starts sticking in. Each fight can simply be finished with mindless button spamming and the game never encourages different play styles. Sure this problem is similar with most fighters, but All Stars Battle Royale is likely to gain criticism for this. The prologue and epilogue cutscenes are lazy alternatives for full blown cutscenes and the final boss encounter is a total pushover of button spamming. Sure, this makes the game very accessible for Playstation fans and casual gamers, but there isn't a significant challenge, even on the legend setting. The best part about ASBR is that it has glimpses of brilliant rival potential. Seeing Drake and Sly or Ratchet/Clank and Jak/Daxter talking trash to each other are truly great snippets. Also that salivating Madeon backing intro shows the potential that All Stars Battle Royale has. It's a decent enough distraction for massive playstation fans, but is a real disappointment considering the monolithic potential it had combining the personalities of all these characters together. Expand
  18. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: The graphics look great; each character appears to look exactly like the actual games they represent, except for drake, the image of his face looks kind of different. Other than that the environments look great, although sometimes while battling I lost view of where my character was at. The game isn’t the best looking game but it definitely does shine. 8.5.

Sound: Amazing

Sound: Amazing sound track, voices acting is there, meaning the correct ones (at least I think) for each character. Reuses of original game sound track are great. 10.

Gameplay: Similar to Nintendo’s smash, although PlayStation all-stars has its own legs. Only problem is the game has no damage, you continually attack an opponent just to build a super. You can build up to an x3 super which pretty much allows you to kill off everyone on screen. The only problem with this is that not every character is balanced; some characters can get more kills with x3 or even lower super gauges. While it seems like they were designed to be balanced by having some characters build up a super faster, it still feels unbalanced. There are still the over powered characters, and as for the roster it is really good, but a lot more classical PlayStation characters, and multiplatform characters could be there. Overall the game is still a great party game, and an excellent multiplayer game with a good ranking system in which you actually level down. 8.5.

Story: This is the worst part about the game, the story is lacking a lot. There are certain moments in the arcade portion (one in-game cut scene to be exact) which are fun to watch is, and they should have added more of these. 5.

Lasting Appeal/Value: Worth it if you’re a fan of PlayStation/fighting games similar to Nintendo’s smash bros. I platinumed the game in 2 days, but the multiplayer will give you endless fun as well as playing with others as a party game. 10.

Overall Score: 8.4 out of 10.
  19. Jan 8, 2014
    While not nearly as good or addicting as Smash Bros, the game is very fun. The gameplay is addicting and fun and most of the characters are fun to use (Raiden especially). However, this game should have been much more. The roster could have been better, the balancing issues are pretty bad (again, Raiden) the arcade mode is garbage and the customization is disappointing. However, playingWhile not nearly as good or addicting as Smash Bros, the game is very fun. The gameplay is addicting and fun and most of the characters are fun to use (Raiden especially). However, this game should have been much more. The roster could have been better, the balancing issues are pretty bad (again, Raiden) the arcade mode is garbage and the customization is disappointing. However, playing this game with your friends is whole lot of fun. While not a must have, you should give it a try. Expand
  20. Dec 2, 2012
    This is a great game, i'm not a fan of unrealistic fighters like this but i was blown away by the quality of this game, and i think it's kinda sad that some Nintendo fanboys are just giving it low scores calling it a clone or whatever, give this game a chance, it's not a clone, beleve me.
  21. Feb 16, 2016
    This game was trying to be what it's not and as much as it wasn't terrible it wasn't great either. It could've had allot more potential had it tried to truly differentiate itself from the SSB series.
  22. May 12, 2013
    Oh boy another smash bros game! What's that? It's actually different from that series? Really? Actually I'm not joking, it does have certain factors that make it different from that great series. but that can be the major downfall of the game too. First I'll start with what I like, the idea: not original, but cool to see video games icons beat the crap out of each other. The gameplay isOh boy another smash bros game! What's that? It's actually different from that series? Really? Actually I'm not joking, it does have certain factors that make it different from that great series. but that can be the major downfall of the game too. First I'll start with what I like, the idea: not original, but cool to see video games icons beat the crap out of each other. The gameplay is good, adding some strategy and combos into it. now to the stuff that I don't entirely agree with, or simply don't enjoy. the roster isn't really doing it for me, I enjoy only about 3 or 4 of the 20 characters, and some can be clearly better than others. The presentation is very lame/boring, showing just pictures of the characters in the background on the main menu and when the game loads, I'm not saying there's a right way to do it, but I wish it wasn't this. All in all, I think it's okay, could've been better. Expand
  23. Nov 14, 2013
    I had hours of fun playing this game. To like this game you will need to learn all the moves, combos and supers. I was expecting this game to suck like most people but when i played it, it totaly changed my mind. There are some problems with the roster and the balancing but the gameplay and design of the game make up for it. Just wait for a sequel to come out it will blow your mind.
  24. Jun 27, 2014
    Its like Smash Bros! But not as good :| The thing that really kills this game is the supers, which is the main aspect of the game! What you do is hit people to get AP. Now if getting AP was the point of the game, then it would be better, but, no. What you have to do is use that AP to get more super energy. Then you use that energy to do a level 1, 2 or 3 finisher (which is the only way toIts like Smash Bros! But not as good :| The thing that really kills this game is the supers, which is the main aspect of the game! What you do is hit people to get AP. Now if getting AP was the point of the game, then it would be better, but, no. What you have to do is use that AP to get more super energy. Then you use that energy to do a level 1, 2 or 3 finisher (which is the only way to kill enemies) The level 1 usually sucks, & is cancelable by enemy attack. Level 2 is usually better, and is un-cancelable. Level 3 is usually a stage clearer, an invincible transformation, or the latter with a few tweaks to the other players. One positive thing I can say about the supers, is that it has a pretty neat effect. Expand
  25. Dec 2, 2012
    Amazing game, if you read the negative reviews you'll see how ridiculous they are. I wasn't expecting much of this game but believe me, it surprises you, by the way it hasa story mode and lots of unlockables. Don't let trolls fool you.
  26. Dec 28, 2012
    Only twenty characters, and none are unlock able within the game itself, the other characters are probably five bucks apiece. Good job Sony, a game that was made worse than one made almost five years ago. These are the other things that mess up the game, 1. Some moves seem similar 2. The final boss for the story mode in this game isn't the one that is mainly attacking, also stealing theOnly twenty characters, and none are unlock able within the game itself, the other characters are probably five bucks apiece. Good job Sony, a game that was made worse than one made almost five years ago. These are the other things that mess up the game, 1. Some moves seem similar 2. The final boss for the story mode in this game isn't the one that is mainly attacking, also stealing the silvered idea from ultimate marvel vs capcom 3/marvel vs. capcom 3 for ones actually head on attacking you 3. Most boring credits in video game history 4. You get hit way too far with certain attacks 5. Only able to kill with special attack/item 6. Parappa the rapper and a cat seem out of place 7. Dante from DmC? 8. No real reason for fighting each other in story mode 9. Can only use x to jump. There are also positive things that are in this game 1. Bosses from other games in final boss fight 2. Cut scenes for story mode 3. Characters look like they should 4. Fairly unique attacks 5. Ranking system 6. Unlock able things for all characters 7. Enjoyable to play. Lists for both sides will go on for a long time, each about equalling each other. Overall 6.4/10 Expand
  27. Feb 8, 2013
    This is a DIFFERENT game than Super Smash Bros. It is not a clone, but definitely draws from the original idea.

First, the biggest WOW factor" for me is the cross-play/cross-buy between the Vita and PS3 version. This is an idea that is fantastic. Not only is the value of the purchase significant, but the whole idea is something I've been waiting for awhile now. The character roster is doable. It is not going to satisfy everyone. You will always have those "where is this character?" and "why didn't they include this character?" people, but the amount of playable characters is sufficient for a first go-around. The characters feel like you took them directly out of their original games and put them into the battle arena. What I mean is that they characters actually feel like they do in their own games, which is something I can't say for Super Smash Bros. The story mode is lazy with really no substance. It's the biggest detractor. They had a huge opportunity to blow any Super Smash comparisons out of the water with a superb single player story, but entered the same pitfall and ended up actually considerably worse than its prime competitor. The unlockables are great, but still not as solid as Super Smash. I had spent many hours with SSB Brawl that had more meaningful and varied unlockables. The games biggest gameplay difference is the Special Gauge. Once this meter fills up, you perform your special which is the only way to get kills. This style will grow on you, but it makes character selection more heavy on their specials than the normal combat moves. The game seems to focus on online play, which is definitely fine by me. It's fun and connection is pretty seamless.

Overall, I'd definitely recommend it.
  28. Feb 3, 2014
    I like this game, it is almost better than super smash brothers! With some work, I think the inevitable number 2 on ps4 WILL be better than ssb simply because of the system's power...
  29. Nov 20, 2012
    Smash Bros except for Sony. The gameplay just doesn't have that fun moment like Smash Bros. Only a few characters are worthing playing, everyone else seems kinda boring to play. Game feels if they were trying to copy Smash Bros. Stages and items all feel the same. Atleast try to be original, it would be hard but having a original idea always leads to a awesome game and this game is not.
  30. dz9
    Nov 30, 2012
    Right off the bat, it is obvious that PS All Stars Battle Royale borrows inspiration from Super Smash Bros, but the similarities soon die there, but not for the better. Let's start with the good, PS All Stars has managed to integrate many different elements from various Playstation universes into one brawl successfully. The Playstation fan will be in awe after seeing how each characterRight off the bat, it is obvious that PS All Stars Battle Royale borrows inspiration from Super Smash Bros, but the similarities soon die there, but not for the better. Let's start with the good, PS All Stars has managed to integrate many different elements from various Playstation universes into one brawl successfully. The Playstation fan will be in awe after seeing how each character controls how they do in their actual titles, such as Nathan Drake's cover system attacks and Daunte's ability to chain Ebony and Ivory... such fan service should be applauded. But that's where the good ends, the gameplay itself is stale, sluggish, and bland. The main problem is that it's not dynamic like SSB, even with it's complex fighting mechanic (love it or hate it), the attacks never seem to be that rewarding. Which could contribute to the fact that there is no health system of any kind, leaving defense almost useless save for a few instances. The Good: Great artstyle, great integration of characters, amazing fan service, addicting online. The Bad: Stale unrewarding gameplay, bland and short campaign. Expand

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Mar 15, 2013
    Playstation All-Stars battle Royale: Not the all-star moment everyone was hoping for, Playstation All-Stars battle Royale is instead a decent enough fighter with serious balance problems and a boring cast. [March 2013]
  2. Mar 6, 2013
    It adds that element of strategizing, especially in online play, where a player can knock out all three of their opponents in fell swoop. Plus, much to my amazement, a character I had no experience using won me my first online match – thank you, Jak.
  3. Jan 30, 2013
    Overall, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is mildly fun.