Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 PlayStation 3

6.6

1. Sep 27, 2011
    The PES series may have taken a dive the previous few years but the latest incarnation is a welcome return to the feeling of ease and fun that the old PES games had, its not as realistic as the other game from EA but it plays a fantastic game of footie. Dont believe the negatives... all no doubt fans of that other game who havent even touched this.
  2. Sep 29, 2011
    This plays a great game of football - player AI movement and response is great. There is a lot of variety within games, so this feels less robotic than the other title, and so more realistic. The goalkeeper problem is overstated, and I have not noticed a problem there at all.
  3. Sep 28, 2011
    i´m very surprised with this pes,is really fun,maybe isnt that realistic than fifa 12 but its still very fun and recover the spirit lost in the last pes series.
  4. Oct 7, 2011
    One more thing I'd like to add: People that love FIFA are people who have never played the real sport on a team. Youll never understand why PES is better than FIFA until youve played football/soccer on a REAL team. FIFA is aimed at the average gamer, who plays "sports" titles, PES is enjoyed and love by real soccer/football players like myself.
  5. Sep 28, 2011
    Pro Evo 2012 is a huge improvement from the previous titles. The structure and the concept of the game is on road to become a legend. For all pro evo lovers this is a must have game as its far better than 2011. Movements, graphics, control have all improved but still its an un finished product. But its great none the less.
  6. cfc
    Sep 29, 2011
    New pes is awesome. Graphics, AI, movements, passing, shooting, everything is better than pes11. Maybe goalkeeper ale sometimes bad, but nothing is perfect.
  7. Dec 7, 2011
    Having only experienced the game offline, PES 2012 is a great improvement over PES 2011. Controls are tighter and Ai is much improved. Presentation and menus are pretty much the same although the interface for adjusting tactics has been refined, removing some of the irritations from last year. The gameplay is fast and fluid, player stats have a real impact on how they perform, and likeHaving only experienced the game offline, PES 2012 is a great improvement over PES 2011. Controls are tighter and Ai is much improved. Presentation and menus are pretty much the same although the interface for adjusting tactics has been refined, removing some of the irritations from last year. The gameplay is fast and fluid, player stats have a real impact on how they perform, and like many people say, every match feels different. Overall it is great fun to play with the one major shortcoming of the lack of licenses and the time involved in installing option files to create official teams. Expand
  8. Oct 4, 2011
    PES12 is the best soccer game of this console decade and the online gaming expierence is smoother than ever, in account to that master league online is the best game mode that has ever been implented into a soccer game. PES12 for no question is a must buy for any soccer fan.
  9. Oct 6, 2011
    Veteran PES player here. In this version, the gameplay is very good, and it rewards slowing down the pace a bit. If you push buttons too quickly to try to string a bunch of one-time passes together, you're going to lose the ball. I'd recommend setting the passing cursor so it doesn't automatically go to your nearest player for a bigger challenge. My main beef with the gameplay is that theVeteran PES player here. In this version, the gameplay is very good, and it rewards slowing down the pace a bit. If you push buttons too quickly to try to string a bunch of one-time passes together, you're going to lose the ball. I'd recommend setting the passing cursor so it doesn't automatically go to your nearest player for a bigger challenge. My main beef with the gameplay is that the chipped through ball doesn't always go where you think it should go. It may go to a player 3 yards away as opposed to the forward. But this can be adjusted to, it pays to be able to play a decent long ball. The keepers are basically fine, some of the lower rated ones punch under no pressure but the better keepers catch when they should and otherwise I have not seen any issues. In the offline version out of the box I found "top player" mode to be extremely challenging. Unlike previous editions, however, the fun factor in this game can be found online--specifically Master League Online. Basically you start with the same scrub team as usual, and you earn money by playing--more money for a tie or draw and more against stronger opposition. (Club names and colors are customizable--you can make your team "Manchester United," or you can name it after your local pub side.) You have to then build your side up by signings. But you have to be judicious because players' contracts expire quickly (default is a 10 game contract, but you can sign players to longer contracts at a discount if you have the cash), and if you don't rotate the squad and send out fatigued players you are going to get killed (trust me!) The first time through I wasn't careful and had to declare bankruptcy and start over, but if you think carefully about the management side and taking a methodical approach to building your team you can get a strong team relative to the default after 15-20 matches. Matches are short but not too short, and there is now a "fair play" award you can give your opponent to encourage good behavior. Disconnects are punished harshly (if your rate gets too high you are banned from competitive play). I have not seen any evidence of online cheating and only rare occasions of cheesy play contrary to the spirit of the game, and only rare and very minimal hiccups in terms of delays or mini-freezes in online game play. Too many people online buy Neymar and that awful haircut for their team because he is cheap, but otherwise it's a fantastic mode. I imagine most people will spend more time on it than in the traditional offline mode. It's also much more fun that the regular online mode where half the people pick Barcelona, Real Madrid, Brazil, or similar. Here every team roster is unique and you have to study the other team's personnel and tactical set-up before setting your own team out. It's also interesting to observe different strategies other players use to assemble their teams. Finally, you can import rosters from previous versions quickly which gives you an efficient update to give unlicensed clubs their proper names (almost all the players have their right names out of the box) so long as you've ever downloaded one before. I'm not going to make the comparison to the new FIFA yet as I haven't spend enough time with it yet (there's no law against getting both, people!) but I am delighted with how absorbing the new PES is, especially ML online, a brilliant concept. Expand
  10. Oct 13, 2011
    I have always been a Pro man, but I am always willing to give the opposition a chance. Every year I download both demos and give them both a run. To me... the 'acid test' is when 4 or 5 of my mates meet up and play head to head. Recently, we all met and we gave both Fifa and Pro a run for their money. It wasn't even close!
    I'll admit that Fifa's presentation, commentary and (of course)
    I'll admit that Fifa's presentation, commentary and (of course) official licenses are very impressive. But when it comes to a game of football,... NOTHING beat Pro Evolution Soccer.
    The feel of the game, the excitement, the thrill when a move comes together, the fantastic shots from distance and the shear joy that comes from playing football is simply not replicated on Fifa. Pro for me all the way!
  11. Oct 14, 2011
    First of all Im not a fanboy..Ive had Fifa since 09 , have even bought Fifa 12..check my reviews you'll see i hated PES 2011..so onto 2012..and what a pleasant surprise!...PES has 2012 has bought the fun back into football gaming. I think what makes this game is the new Ai..its awesome...your players will endeavor to get into space as much as possible , this for a start opens up the gameFirst of all Im not a fanboy..Ive had Fifa since 09 , have even bought Fifa 12..check my reviews you'll see i hated PES 2011..so onto 2012..and what a pleasant surprise!...PES has 2012 has bought the fun back into football gaming. I think what makes this game is the new Ai..its awesome...your players will endeavor to get into space as much as possible , this for a start opens up the game play immensely. Another new feature is the ability to take control of a second player using R3..its tricky..its abit like patting your head while you rub your belly..but get the hang of it and boy this game will change!..if you cant manage that there is the option to have it "assisted" with that set the R3 option will make your "2nd" player run directly forward again great for opening up defenses. Another brilliant new option is during set pieces , during corners , free kicks etc , you can use the right stick to highlight a player on the pitch you want to try and get the ball to..you can then take control of that player and move him around to try and outwit the defense when taking the corner or free kick..another great way to open up the game. plenty of single player modes with this game , be a legend mode being my favorite. The games not perfect by any means..still the same problem with lack of licenses..a few too many "canned" moments where the cpu will take control especially during through balls (although you can cancel the cpu doing it , just fiddly) But this year Konami have done a great Job and bought the fun factor back..and thats why we play games Expand
  12. Dec 26, 2011
    Best PES so far. It took me a while to get used to it and get the hang of it on top player. But once you do, its f/(ing amazing. Just give it time. Yes it has some flaws but that's how PES has always been, if you're a true fan you'll look past them.
  13. Nov 8, 2011
    Its a great game
    but The Xbox 360 version is one big CON. They lie on the box saying you can play 2 v 2 online but you CAN'T.... Thanks Konami :-|
    Great game, but the big loss os 2v2 ruins it, REFUND please
  14. Nov 16, 2011
    Love this game. It isn't as complicated as FIFA and though it takes a little while to get up to speed (especially with shooting) but it is more casual and much more fun for me. The game can get advanced like using the right stick to control another player but it is isn't necessary. I am not the biggest soccer fan as I only pay attention to World Cup so the fact that not everything isLove this game. It isn't as complicated as FIFA and though it takes a little while to get up to speed (especially with shooting) but it is more casual and much more fun for me. The game can get advanced like using the right stick to control another player but it is isn't necessary. I am not the biggest soccer fan as I only pay attention to World Cup so the fact that not everything is licensed doesn't bother me. There are lots of modes I haven't even tried yet. Totally addicted. Expand
  15. Nov 19, 2011
    Pes 2012 is really the game for me this autumn. The all new AI-system works perfectly, matches are never the same, lot of players are recognisable, and the online mode finally works great! I really don't get it that some people can write negative about this game. It's such a relief that finally Konami has seen the light and will continue to rush to the top!
  16. Nov 20, 2011
    A huge improvement over the last handful of years. While it's got areas that need improvement it's gameplay is in the direction it needs to be. The overhauled AI makes it a joy to play. Not as polished as it's competitor but the gameplay sure does make it debatable. Commentary is dying for an overhaul. While Jon Champion is a recognizable voice it has also made the game stale over theA huge improvement over the last handful of years. While it's got areas that need improvement it's gameplay is in the direction it needs to be. The overhauled AI makes it a joy to play. Not as polished as it's competitor but the gameplay sure does make it debatable. Commentary is dying for an overhaul. While Jon Champion is a recognizable voice it has also made the game stale over the years. Not to mention the commentary is very sporadic with frequent "dead air" all too often. It simply doesn't do the game justice. A change is long overdue that will bring it to life. Game still feels a bit robotic or train-track like. But there's a lot that PES does right that the other doesn't. With that said.. the debate of which game is the better will always continue. One thing for sure is that Konami is bridging the gap. Just a few improvements in some areas would make PES an absolute peach of a game. Expand
  17. Nov 30, 2011
    PES 2012 takes a massive step forward in gameplay, with a big thanks to its Active AI system, and is the first in the current-gen series to recapture the magic of the PS2 days. Simply put, PES 2012 gameplay puts it ahead of the competition. The fantastic Edit Mode negates the lack of licences, and the graphics are spot on. The animation technology of FIFA 12 may be way ahead, but PES 2012PES 2012 takes a massive step forward in gameplay, with a big thanks to its Active AI system, and is the first in the current-gen series to recapture the magic of the PS2 days. Simply put, PES 2012 gameplay puts it ahead of the competition. The fantastic Edit Mode negates the lack of licences, and the graphics are spot on. The animation technology of FIFA 12 may be way ahead, but PES 2012 still does a good job at keeping everything smooth and fluent. It plays a fantastic game of football, simulating the beautiful game better than FIFA 12. We should feel blessed we have two brilliant football games to choose from, but for the first time in many years, PES is king again. Expand
  18. Dec 2, 2011
    PES is solid. Passing is crisp. One-timers and action inside the 18 is spot on. Leading your man coupled with responsive chipped through ball control makes spectacular and strategic goal scoring an attainable reward. PES remains the fundamental superior to the hypocrisy known as FIFA. FIFA, why is there still occasional lag in passing and one-timers? Why is so much emphasis put onPES is solid. Passing is crisp. One-timers and action inside the 18 is spot on. Leading your man coupled with responsive chipped through ball control makes spectacular and strategic goal scoring an attainable reward. PES remains the fundamental superior to the hypocrisy known as FIFA. FIFA, why is there still occasional lag in passing and one-timers? Why is so much emphasis put on dribbling holes in a defense when passing is so fundamental to the game? Expand
  19. Feb 5, 2012
    There is a significant improvement compared to previous PES, it is faster and more smooth. Although I do not often use friend's control feature, it can be useful if it is on expert hands. There is one small thing that some players can be irritated from sensitivity of foul. There are also two important factors : Champions League and Master League. Just overcome a bias, you will have a fun.
  20. Feb 5, 2012
    La nueva entrega de PES ha llegado y las mejoras tambien, el terrible caso de tirar penales se ha arreglado, aunque algunas cosas que se suponen mejorarian la estetica del juego tambien lo hacen mas dificil para los jugadores no habituados de PES, ya que requiere una curva de aprendizaje para la mayoria dificil de pasar, pero para los fans de la franquicia solo tomara un par de horasLa nueva entrega de PES ha llegado y las mejoras tambien, el terrible caso de tirar penales se ha arreglado, aunque algunas cosas que se suponen mejorarian la estetica del juego tambien lo hacen mas dificil para los jugadores no habituados de PES, ya que requiere una curva de aprendizaje para la mayoria dificil de pasar, pero para los fans de la franquicia solo tomara un par de horas acostumbrarse a las nuevas animaciones, que ya entrando a detalles sobrepasan las entregas anteriores, no te quejes de que faltan equipos, con la ayuda de los option files que los fans realizan es mas que suficiente para cubrir este error de derechos por parte de Konami y que gracias al monopolio de deportes llamado EA hace que FIFA en cuanto a licencias siga ganando, pero es preferible jugar con los mejores de Europa a traves de Champions League o UEFA Europa League, que en la liga de Peru, Argentina o Mexico Expand
  21. May 21, 2012
    I was a old FIFA-Fanboy (since 1998), but 2010 I change to PES and fall in love. Brilliant gameplay, brilliant atmosphere and with the PESEDIT-Patch you got all license, teams, transfers and leagues you need. Then you add more gameplay-feeling with Jenkey's Gameplaypatch and the game was complete.
  22. Nov 19, 2013
    El mejor Pes de la historia,supera a todos los de Playstation 2 y Playstation 3,el mejor pes de esta generacion de largo...al fin KONAMI se esmera y cumple los cambios que prometio y alfin se puede jugar al futbol en condiciones,lo recomiendo,las contras son,porteros aveces muy malos (habitual ya..) y los tiros son muy malos,debes ser experto para no fallar delante del portero..hasta queEl mejor Pes de la historia,supera a todos los de Playstation 2 y Playstation 3,el mejor pes de esta generacion de largo...al fin KONAMI se esmera y cumple los cambios que prometio y alfin se puede jugar al futbol en condiciones,lo recomiendo,las contras son,porteros aveces muy malos (habitual ya..) y los tiros son muy malos,debes ser experto para no fallar delante del portero..hasta que le cojas el tranquillo,los pro,Una liga master mucho mas mejorada y Un Ser una leyenda en el cual al fin te fichan el Real Madrid,Barca,Manchester..etc. Expand
  23. Mar 10, 2016
    Este jogo é incrível! Eu recebi e ainda não posso parar de jogar. Os gráficos são tão detalhadas para um game e é desafiador, mas divertido e terá que jogar por horas! A história é complexa e profundamente pensado. O melhor jogo que eu já joguei de forma

1. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Mar 6, 2012
    So that's Pro Evo 12 – not massively different to Pro Evo 11, but enough of an improvement to warrant the upgrade. So far as comparisons to FIFA go, our view is that it is neither better nor worse, but simply... different. And that's just fine with us. [Dec 2011, p73]
  2. Play UK
    Nov 27, 2011
    Drop the Football Life rubbish, please. [Issue#210, p.82]
  3. PSM3 Magazine UK
    Nov 13, 2011
    Arguably less fluid and immediate than its rival FIFA 12, PES 2012's superior single-player game is nevertheless deep, challenging and often outright magical. [Dec 2011, p.102]