6.6

1. Sep 5, 2013
    This game has heart and soul. To me it feels truer to the sport than it's current competitor. On the down side, the series is lacking the fine polish seen in the really great games of this generation. Not having licenses is also kind of a bummer, but as a long time fan of the series I can look past it for what the game offers.
  2. Sep 29, 2012
    I haven't bought a PES game since the golden PS2 era but this game is back on form, its class. THe online mode is also perfect, if you have a problem then its your net connection, I haven't had a single bit of lag. I have been playing FIFA online for years and you slowly realise that 90% of the goals scored are a pass to an open attacker and then a shot into an empty net. This rarelyI haven't bought a PES game since the golden PS2 era but this game is back on form, its class. THe online mode is also perfect, if you have a problem then its your net connection, I haven't had a single bit of lag. I have been playing FIFA online for years and you slowly realise that 90% of the goals scored are a pass to an open attacker and then a shot into an empty net. This rarely works in PES 13 and you barely ever score the same goal twice. The referees are also very realistic in that they make mistakes, give cards for nothing. Some might see this as a minus but it really does make the game realistic and makes sure you have to watch your tackles. I would give this game a 10 except that the commentary is no way as good as FIFAs, obviously Konami hasn't got the budget EA has! Also, you can download the latest option file for the official kits, stadiums, transfers, etc. 9/10 Expand
  3. Sep 25, 2012
    The long range shooting is back! FIFA is only for those who sucks at PES so stop whining guys. Compare FIFA to PES is just mean. Still got problem with the referee though, red cards coming out of nowhere.
  4. Sep 27, 2012
    Cara, é impressionante como os fanboys de FIFA têm inveja do PES. O BJ sempre deu notas maiores pro FIFA ( Com razão) e quando o Pro Evolution dá uma melhorada vem eles com esse discurso ignorante. Joga teu FIFA na tua e deicha que joga PES quieto senão vai tomar fora msm.
  5. Sep 27, 2012
    So what has PES konami done in the last few years which have made strives towards former glory and on pitch greatness again.

PES 11 was a game which made strives in the animation and movement departement, but failed with its GK, bugs, and still ridgid feeling. But it was a welcome change from what we had with PES 10 , and 9. PES 12 finally gave players more animation and fluid

PES 12 finally gave players more animation and fluid movement , with off ball controls being improved. And graphical changes were not revolutionary, but acceptable. However the game flawed with its random balloon like shooting and inconsistency with GKs. PES 12 unfortunatly went back to on the rails , and ridgid movement where the player would wrestle with controls.

So why did i give PES a chance ??

I gave PES a chance on the frist demo , i have been playing FIFA all year , since FIFA 11. And PES just didnt stay in my console for long.
    SO on demo 1 i had low expectations and didnt really expect much , other than being exicted about the shooting being back to its formerself. And no longer this random feature of an awful mess.

When i played the demos, the story was different. I instantly felt the freedom , instantly felt more in control , and as if given freedom to express myself on the pitch which previous PES games had put on rails.
    It once again felt natural , and off ball movements with fluid animations really impressed me.

So with the final game what does PES do ?

As much i played the demos , PES 2013 has finally brought back the addictive gameplay, where i want one more match.
    The feeling of freedom , and being bale to move the flow of the match, is an absolute pleasure to play.

The player animations are much improved from last year, they move more fluid and react much much better. I can say with releif and happiness that the robotic movement has finally left the game. And now in PES we have this organic and natural movement.

-First touch controls.

First touch controls bring a new dimension to the gameplay, it no longer feels as if every player has the touch of magic on a ball. The player skills and stats determine how well his first touch is, and how well he can control the ball. This is brilliant, regarding how well some players can chip the ball and use first touch to such a depth.

-Manual controls
    For the hardcore and the beginer this is just a brilliant feature to have. It really makes PES play an brilliant game close to real life. I mean with L2 i am able to either put the pass in the position i want, where i want and when i want. And watch how my player runs into space and how well the A.I works is just wonderful. But practice always makes better, and shooting is something which will have a learning curve.

the R2 button also adds a new layer of depth of control. I can now move my player however i want, and now make more accurate passes. which adds to the gameplay.
    Even dribbling looks fantastic and beating a player has never felt more rewarding.

-The shooting
    its back to its roots of PES. no longer do we have the awful shooting of pes 11 and 12 , which was random , and would be very AI controlled. Now we can truley hit screamers with the best of shooters. The shooting is now balanced and much more responsive.

PLAYER ID

if its one thing that Konami have kept above EA, its definetly the player individuality and ID. In pes you can instantly pick out your top player, as each player has a different feel , and definetly adds to the game. No feeling of eveyrone feeling the same, as each player has something to bring. I can instantly execute faboulous passes with Pirlo and iniesta, and can use players like danni alves to cause havoc down the right wing of my oppenent. The player ID is at its best In PES 13. I have never seen such great individuality in a sports game. The stats and health of the player will also determine how the player performs on the pitch .

ANIMATIONS

Animations have improved the robotic movement has gone , players fall and move much more realistically, and passing shooting feels much more closer to real life. However i do feel that they are still not at EA FIFA standard which are brilliant. But
    their is one thing that KONAMI have in favour of their animations, and that is the Inertia. Some people do day that FIFA players look like they are skating on ice , due to their inertia movement being free and sometimes non existent. While PES
    players turn and move much more closer to real life. However it is debatable. But what matters is that they move and turn in more natural and less robotic style.

PHYSICALITY

Konami have worked very well this year on this aspect of the game. Of course not as in depth as EA fifa impact engine. But still we have a level of physicality which is much more realistic, much more active than ever before. We can use stronger players in a
  6. Sep 25, 2012
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 is most precise Soccer Simulation out there. If you like flawed football mechanics, shiny looking players, mad players running all over the ground you can try FIFA but this my friend Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 is not for the light hearted, play at your own risk.
  7. Sep 26, 2012
    It is way better than pes 2012 they really hit the spot with pes 2013 its way better than fifa 2013 robot game and this guy alvaro911 dude dont review the game if u didnt buy it or too put it down cause u play fifa so get off this page and go bak to ur fifa page this is all about PES 2013 !!
  8. Sep 27, 2012
    It seems that Konami had finally able to put a title Pro Evolution Soccer franchise on top as the most beloved by most players. If that does not happen with version 2013, which still suffers from distrust of those who "migrated" to FIFA, upcoming releases should heat up this dispute - in which the winner is the gamer. If you missed the news for game modes, technical improvements haveIt seems that Konami had finally able to put a title Pro Evolution Soccer franchise on top as the most beloved by most players. If that does not happen with version 2013, which still suffers from distrust of those who "migrated" to FIFA, upcoming releases should heat up this dispute - in which the winner is the gamer. If you missed the news for game modes, technical improvements have created a fun environment and refers to the history of PES, joining new details, but without losing the essence that established the franchise. The retouched graphics, the highlight even higher for Brazil and complete control over their actions in the field ensure three points for Pro Evolution Soccer. Expand
  9. Oct 2, 2012
    I'll dive straight to the point with this one. PES 13 is a frustrating game,in a very good way. The reason I fell in love with this the PES series was PES 5 as it had this frustration factor:It's bloody hard to score,it's bloody hard to keep possession and it's bloody hard to defend. PES 13 has that same factor fused into this edition. Manual shooting is a headache so one has to make damnI'll dive straight to the point with this one. PES 13 is a frustrating game,in a very good way. The reason I fell in love with this the PES series was PES 5 as it had this frustration factor:It's bloody hard to score,it's bloody hard to keep possession and it's bloody hard to defend. PES 13 has that same factor fused into this edition. Manual shooting is a headache so one has to make damn certain you're accurate with your shooting. Manual passing is a pain because pressing X won't pull of a pass Xavi or Iniesta might envy. Nothing is easy about this game and that is why in my opinion it will never gain the same admiration that it's competition has. I constantly hear complaints of it's presentation and commentary and so forth but have any gamers out there realised that Konami isn't interested in any of these things? I could go on forever trying to explain the game in detail but our ''critics'' from major websites have done that already. One thing I will point out is that the reason PES will never gain the respect FIFA has is licenses. Football gamers have such an attachment towards the Barclays Premiership that they fail to realise that FIFA feels nothing like the real thing(football that is). I enjoy a challenge. I enjoy racking my brain wondering how to break an opponent's defence. I enjoy the pressure of the pressure of looking for an away goal to send me into the final of the Champions League.PES 13 does that for me. No FIFA game has ever done that for me. Collapse
  10. Dec 30, 2012
    unlike other soccer games. you need skills to win not just speedy players...............................................................................................................................................................................
  11. Oct 2, 2012

1. Dec 17, 2012
    With an improved player AI, you'll be able to pull off some great attacking raids. [Jan 2013, p.77]
  2. Nov 15, 2012
    A mixed bag: mostly entertaining, yet still a bit frustrating experience. Slowed down tempo, refined attacking AI and new defending controls are welcomed additions. However, Konami should forget the dribbling controls and keep on improving passing, AI and physics engine. [Nov 2012]
  3. Nov 6, 2012
    PES 2013 is a very respectable soccer game that maintains its excellence on the field but unfortunately fall further behind in the bells and whistles department making it a distant runner-up in this year's battle for soccer supremacy.