Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 PlayStation 3

6.8

1. Oct 26, 2012
    I'll be honest, I initially bought this game over Fifa 13 because a). I liked the demo and b). I fancied a change from Fifa's claustrophobic playing area. I was so wrong ... and this is why. Pes is fine in single player. The Champions league complete with official licence is actually entertaining. Most of my time is spent playing online though and unfortunately this is what lets PESI'll be honest, I initially bought this game over Fifa 13 because a). I liked the demo and b). I fancied a change from Fifa's claustrophobic playing area. I was so wrong ... and this is why. Pes is fine in single player. The Champions league complete with official licence is actually entertaining. Most of my time is spent playing online though and unfortunately this is what lets PES down. I really tried to like it, I was always a PES man in days gone by but it has remained deeply rooted in the past. PES is so erratic that it exceeds being frustrating. Imagine controlling a game for 85 minutes with a deserved victory in grasp only to concede two goals in five minutes because of a flawed control or A.I. system. I regularly came across this problem online ... suffice to say, the controller flew across the room several times, the dog covered his ears as I unloaded a tirade of expletives at the screen and the game disc ... after only 2 weeks of play went back to the shop to be traded for something less frustrating and more enjoyable. I considered the loss of £11 in two weeks a bargain as , had I kept PES it would have cost me a fortune to replace my 51" 3D Plasma due to Dualshockhittingthescreenitis ! So, FIFA 13 is now my game of choice, it does everyth... MOST things I want it too. I still get frustrated from time to time but at least now it is down to my lack of skill rather than dodgy A.I. or the ridiculous physics engine. I would genuinely love a brilliant PES game, I really would but until they up the quality and iron out the game breaking flaws, I'll stick to what I know delivers. Expand
  2. Oct 31, 2012
    Hi Guys, Ineed your help please, how can replace my online player, I need to have a new team from Zero, can someone guide me please? I have a team but i keep on loosing matches, i need to start from the beginning again, please help
  3. Sep 27, 2012
    So what has PES konami done in the last few years which have made strives towards former glory and on pitch greatness again.

PES 11 was a game which made strives in the animation and movement departement, but failed with its GK, bugs, and still ridgid feeling. But it was a welcome change from what we had with PES 10 , and 9. PES 12 finally gave players more animation and fluid

PES 12 finally gave players more animation and fluid movement , with off ball controls being improved. And graphical changes were not revolutionary, but acceptable. However the game flawed with its random balloon like shooting and inconsistency with GKs. PES 12 unfortunatly went back to on the rails , and ridgid movement where the player would wrestle with controls.

So why did i give PES a chance ??

I gave PES a chance on the frist demo , i have been playing FIFA all year , since FIFA 11. And PES just didnt stay in my console for long.
    SO on demo 1 i had low expectations and didnt really expect much , other than being exicted about the shooting being back to its formerself. And no longer this random feature of an awful mess.

When i played the demos, the story was different. I instantly felt the freedom , instantly felt more in control , and as if given freedom to express myself on the pitch which previous PES games had put on rails.
    It once again felt natural , and off ball movements with fluid animations really impressed me.

So with the final game what does PES do ?

As much i played the demos , PES 2013 has finally brought back the addictive gameplay, where i want one more match.
    The feeling of freedom , and being bale to move the flow of the match, is an absolute pleasure to play.

The player animations are much improved from last year, they move more fluid and react much much better. I can say with releif and happiness that the robotic movement has finally left the game. And now in PES we have this organic and natural movement.

-First touch controls.

First touch controls bring a new dimension to the gameplay, it no longer feels as if every player has the touch of magic on a ball. The player skills and stats determine how well his first touch is, and how well he can control the ball. This is brilliant, regarding how well some players can chip the ball and use first touch to such a depth.

-Manual controls
    For the hardcore and the beginer this is just a brilliant feature to have. It really makes PES play an brilliant game close to real life. I mean with L2 i am able to either put the pass in the position i want, where i want and when i want. And watch how my player runs into space and how well the A.I works is just wonderful. But practice always makes better, and shooting is something which will have a learning curve.

the R2 button also adds a new layer of depth of control. I can now move my player however i want, and now make more accurate passes. which adds to the gameplay.
    Even dribbling looks fantastic and beating a player has never felt more rewarding.

-The shooting
    its back to its roots of PES. no longer do we have the awful shooting of pes 11 and 12 , which was random , and would be very AI controlled. Now we can truley hit screamers with the best of shooters. The shooting is now balanced and much more responsive.

PLAYER ID

if its one thing that Konami have kept above EA, its definetly the player individuality and ID. In pes you can instantly pick out your top player, as each player has a different feel , and definetly adds to the game. No feeling of eveyrone feeling the same, as each player has something to bring. I can instantly execute faboulous passes with Pirlo and iniesta, and can use players like danni alves to cause havoc down the right wing of my oppenent. The player ID is at its best In PES 13. I have never seen such great individuality in a sports game. The stats and health of the player will also determine how the player performs on the pitch .

ANIMATIONS

Animations have improved the robotic movement has gone , players fall and move much more realistically, and passing shooting feels much more closer to real life. However i do feel that they are still not at EA FIFA standard which are brilliant. But
    their is one thing that KONAMI have in favour of their animations, and that is the Inertia. Some people do day that FIFA players look like they are skating on ice , due to their inertia movement being free and sometimes non existent. While PES
    players turn and move much more closer to real life. However it is debatable. But what matters is that they move and turn in more natural and less robotic style.

PHYSICALITY

Konami have worked very well this year on this aspect of the game. Of course not as in depth as EA fifa impact engine. But still we have a level of physicality which is much more realistic, much more active than ever before. We can use stronger players in a

1. Hyper Magazine
    Dec 17, 2012
    With an improved player AI, you'll be able to pull off some great attacking raids. [Jan 2013, p.77]
  2. Pelit (Finland)
    Nov 15, 2012
    A mixed bag: mostly entertaining, yet still a bit frustrating experience. Slowed down tempo, refined attacking AI and new defending controls are welcomed additions. However, Konami should forget the dribbling controls and keep on improving passing, AI and physics engine. [Nov 2012]
  3. Nov 6, 2012
    PES 2013 is a very respectable soccer game that maintains its excellence on the field but unfortunately fall further behind in the bells and whistles department making it a distant runner-up in this year's battle for soccer supremacy.