Prototype 2 PlayStation 3

6.8

1. Feb 3, 2015
    This game like the first ones is a clone of another game , prototype 1 is a copies of inFamous 1 and Prototype 2 is Prototype 1 with another number and a clone of infamous 2 BUT not so fun like inFamous series
  2. Aug 12, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I bought this game after I played the first chapter of this series. I was really disappointed.
    Developer destroyed the amazing game they made in Prototype the first to make it more "mainstream": you are the usual American soldier who destroys everything without any reason (I know you could do it in the first one too, but I want to remind you that Alex Mercer is an EVIL character), fighting to get his revenge because his daughter got lost. Wow, what an innovative storyline.
    There is also the super cool priest who is actually a badass, because he was a terrorist or something like that. As soon as I discovered it I immediately thought this was something made to amaze 7 yers old kids. Just why?
    Apart from the storyline, gameplay is really repetitive: you always have to use your hunter power to find your victim, absorb him and do it again with someone else. Just pay attention to this detail.
    For the last thing... The game ends with you killing Alex Mercer, the original Prototype character, and I see no reason for doing it, after we all loved Alex Mercer, but no, this soldier's coolness must be proved by killing such ana amazing character.
    I would really suggest to avoid this game, made just to earn some money (there's even a shop in it!)

1. Jul 9, 2012
    It's a shame that Radical Entertainment doesn't deliver on their grand promises. Yes, this is a fun game, but an uninteresting story, boring missions and rather dull graphics keep PROTOTYPE 2 from topping its predecessor.
  2. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Jun 12, 2012
    In the end you have a sequel that improves upon its predecessor. It's a better game in terms of presentation and content, and if you didn't play the original then you're going to rip through this with a silly smile on your face. We're not sure that it's going to hold your attention though, and that's a shame as Heller's brutal adventures are amongst the best you'll have. [June 2012, p72]
  3. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    May 30, 2012
    While Prototype 2's story has its faults, the game is nevertheless jam-packed with fun things to do. [July 2012, p.76]