1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 51 Ratings

1. Apr 30, 2014
    AWESOME game for the "Playstation Move Sharp Shooter"!! Graphics could have been better. But, 5 Stars because of the RAMBO fun factor. And yes, I am a huge Rambo/Stallone/ACTION fan. But, if you weren't, would you be here reading this? The game is an arcade style rail shooter. So, most of the bad reviews that are being written, people are playing the game with the analog controller. TheyAWESOME game for the "Playstation Move Sharp Shooter"!! Graphics could have been better. But, 5 Stars because of the RAMBO fun factor. And yes, I am a huge Rambo/Stallone/ACTION fan. But, if you weren't, would you be here reading this? The game is an arcade style rail shooter. So, most of the bad reviews that are being written, people are playing the game with the analog controller. They are dragging around a cross hair with a control stick. Let me assure you that this was the "secondary" method of play and only if it is the only way you can play it. Then, I say skip it. However, this game was designed with the "Playstation Move Sharp Shooter" in mind. In my mind, this should have been a "PS3 Move Sharp Shooter" exclusive. Forget the xbox and pc. Heck they did eliminate the Xbox version in the US. The blasting action is non stop. It is much more immersive and challenging with this peripheral add on. The QTE's (quick time events) act as a nice violent break from all of the RAMBO AK-47 CARNAGE since you can rest the gun to your side while performing these. I was actually upset that there WASN'T a QTE for the epic knife kill on the gun boat in Part II. It took me 6-8 hours to complete this game on EASY. The 2-4 hour completion time people are clocking themselves at is with the mouse and keyboard. There is ZERO"aiming skill". They are just pointing, clicking and popping heads. Lame. The graphics are my only complaint. But, REEF took a risk with this game on a restricted budget. And, we are comparing it to next gen games already. The graphics are decent enough. As a RAMBO fan, I still love playing through some of the greatest action movie moments of ALL TIME. Riddle the police station with M60 bullets? check. Ride inside the Huey for the epic bazooka battle against the Russian? yep. Shooting helicopters out of the sky with the DShK Heavy Machine Gun accompanied with epic slow motion explosions. OH YEAH. 5.1 surround sound? DO IT. Turn it to 10. Make the neighbors complain like I did. The only mistake with this game is that they should have made this game 5 years ago with the release of the Playstation peripherals. The graphics would have been above average then and Sony would have sold more controllers. Better late than never. This game is getting bad reviews because of the release date. But, this game is much better than "The House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut" which got a 75 on Metacritic just 3 years ago IMO. Expand
  2. Feb 24, 2014
    Yeah it may be ugly, it may be a rail shooter, it may be the worst game of the year (or worst game ever) but it's still damn fun to play! I love it! I love Rambo! This game looks and sounds like a complete joke, but who doesn't wanna be RAMBO! Here's your chance!

1. Apr 30, 2014
    Rambo: The Video Game just disappoints, over and over. There are no new power-ups or twists to keep you interested, no memorable boss fights, and no touches that fans of the film will go "ooh" over. The team at Reef could've done a lot more with this, something along the lines of what Sega did with its arcade Rambo game. Instead, they took the easy way out. Go watch the movies instead. All of the thrill, none of the pain, Johnny.
  2. It only avoids the worst score I can give by virtue of the fact that it (just about) functions. Rambo inspires more anger than biting your tongue just after you’ve stubbed your toe.
  3. War may be hell, but it’s not as bad as this ugly, unbalanced, short excuse for a rail-shooter. [April 2014, p72]