8.8

1. Jul 30, 2017
    Muy disfrutable.No recuerdo bien la historia porque hace muchos aƱos,pero presentaba las mecanicas de un Ratched original.Buenos escenarios y escenas de todo tipo
  2. Jun 30, 2016
    Another great addition to the Ratchet and Clank series with a few minor annoyances holding it back. The gameplay is as fun as always. If you've played the PS2 trilogy, you know what to expect, as it hasn't changed much, but if it ain't broke don't fix it, right? The graphics are pretty good, especially considering this game came out in 2007, and the plot isn't half bad either. Sure, thereAnother great addition to the Ratchet and Clank series with a few minor annoyances holding it back. The gameplay is as fun as always. If you've played the PS2 trilogy, you know what to expect, as it hasn't changed much, but if it ain't broke don't fix it, right? The graphics are pretty good, especially considering this game came out in 2007, and the plot isn't half bad either. Sure, there are no trophies and there's no multiplayer to speak of, but I don't think either of those things are truly necessary in an R&C game. What does bug me on the other hand, are the motion controls. Yes, Sixaxis / Dualshock 3 controller motion controls. There are puzzles and falling sections among other things that require you to move your controller around, and it gets old fast. There's even a weapon you control by tilting your controller in the direction you want the projectile to go. Why? Alongside the weapons system the series is known for, Tools of Destruction adds "Devices", which I don't even understand the point of and I hardly ever found myself using. I know I'm ranting at this point, but don't get me wrong - this is a great game that I would recommend to any PS3 owner. Expand
  3. May 11, 2016
    This game is very good and a lot of fun. A mix of 3rd person shooter, platformer. and adventure. Ratchet and Clank prove that you can do a lot with a small concept.
  4. Apr 23, 2016
    Incredible graphics at the time, not so much by today's standards. Probably in the top 5 Ratchet and Clank games, and there are 15 to date, not bad at all.
  5. Mar 13, 2016
    This has to be my favourite ratchet and clank game of all time, i like the level design and the settings of the game, probably the best ive played since i first bought the ps3,
  6. Jan 6, 2016
    Tools of Destruction ensured that the Ratchet and Clank franchise was able to produce it's PS2 magic, and only enhance it on the new console. With massively improved graphics, much larger worlds and weapons, and perhaps the best story to date, including some of the best characters, Tools of Destruction demonstrated the franchise was only getting better.
  7. Oct 22, 2015
    Absolutely fantastic game, pretty much on par if not a little better than the original trilogy. The levels are incredibly well designed throughout the majority of the game. The story has more of a darker undertone, with the majority of the game focused on Ratchet's past and the Lombaxes.

I do recommend this game and find it to be incredibly fun however I feel the majority of the game is far too easy and when it isn't (a huge flaw IMO) enemies and bosses are very bullet spongy and you'll find yourself running out of ammo sometimes, this problem pretty much destroyed all fun from the last two stages for me (especially the final two bosses). A flawed masterpiece, with a great story. 9/10
  8. Jul 29, 2015
    My favorite R&C game of the PS3 era. Cool gadgets, weapons and good story. The bosses where good as well. Not quite as good as they were in R&C 3 but they got the job done. This game has the feel of the R&C 2 and 3.
  9. Apr 30, 2015
    Another ratchet and clank game , and another amazing one at that. Lots of variety and different way to play the game. cool weapons and a decent story, with thrown in humor which I liked a lot. If you like ratchet and clank I think it's safe to say you'll love this one.
  10. Mar 27, 2015
    Ratchet and Clank is a beloved series on the PS2 and PS3 and the Future games are totally awesome. My daughter and I love the series! It's not coop but you can still enjoy it together.
  11. Jan 7, 2015
    Really fun game with lots of casual game-play in it. The production values are high and everything is very well thought out. It is basically jumping and running with heavy shooting twist and some interesting perks and mini-games. The weapons vary significantly and there are seriously good ideas here. It starts easy enough, but in the second half the difficulty progresses nicely towardReally fun game with lots of casual game-play in it. The production values are high and everything is very well thought out. It is basically jumping and running with heavy shooting twist and some interesting perks and mini-games. The weapons vary significantly and there are seriously good ideas here. It starts easy enough, but in the second half the difficulty progresses nicely toward not-piece-of-cake level. It is not totally linear with clever hidden places that bring you usable bonuses. The cut scenes have nice dialog and good amounts of humor while not dragging the story. If you search for a polished and refined game suitable both for children and gamers in their thirties, look no further. It is easily a 10/10 game if only this genre is considered. Expand
  12. Nov 17, 2014
    This game was amazing.

This game was amazing.

Gameplay - Still fun and still awesome. With the addition of some epic parts like grinding while a Giant Robot cuts the rails and a ship chases after you firing missiles and lasers. Or running through the city trying to avoid falling to your death as the ground crumbles beneath your feet with enemies chasing you. New Weapons enter the fray but as a previous Reviewer mentioned some of these weapons seem recycled from the previous games. Not all of them are like that though there are some weapons here with more originality and depth in this game. There's also some cool gadgets too.

Story - Ratchet learns of his origins and discovers the secrets of the Lombaxes and Cragmites. Meanwhile Clank meets new friends who give him new and strange powers. The story is interesting and good there is also some humor in it too like in previous R&C Games. Space Combat kind of sucks in this one I like it better in a Crack In Time.

Graphics - Very Good for a 2007 Game the graphics are amazing I was in awe when it 1st came out but I never played the game until 2014 which kind of sucks but money doesn't grow on trees unfortunately.

Soundtrack - David Berguead is the perfect composer for this game and he should continue doing the music for the series until it ends or until he dies because no one can do it better. A Crack In Time just wasn't good without the amazing music we hear in previous R&C Games I don't know why they removed him for that game?

Characters - Ratchet & Clank were pretty much the same Qwark was an idiot like usual and the new villain Tachyon is probably the lamest villain in the entire series I did not like him at all. I prefer Dr Nefarious or Drek. Captain Slag & Rusty Pete were good characters I preferred the Robot Pirates in this game than the Goldfish Robots. Talwyn and her Robot Friends were also good additions to the game as well.

Overall - Its your typical R&C Game with amazing PS3 Graphics some new weapons gadgets and an origin story as well as Pirates Arrrr. A must play for R&C Fans and new comers as well. A Crack In Time is another game you should try if your into the R&C Series but Quest For Booty is the sequel to this so get that 1st.
  13. Jul 18, 2014
    This was the first game I played on ps3 and I'm glad this was it the first ratchet and clank was one of the firstever games I've ever played and I've played all the ratchet and clanks available on the ps2 as for this game its everything a ratchet and clank game is supposed to be everything will be very familiar with a few added things such as the integration of the six axis remote I didn'tThis was the first game I played on ps3 and I'm glad this was it the first ratchet and clank was one of the firstever games I've ever played and I've played all the ratchet and clanks available on the ps2 as for this game its everything a ratchet and clank game is supposed to be everything will be very familiar with a few added things such as the integration of the six axis remote I didn't enjoy it for a few things but most of the time I liked the use of the six axis the story was also very nice I enjoyed it a lot it tells a lot about backgrounds and such the weapons which have always been crucial in ratchet and clank I didn't think they had that amazing uniqueness that most ratchet and clank games present but then again I have played all of them so I may be used to it but overall everything was pretty enjoyable except it did feel pretty easy to me.

Good story, good gameplay, bright detailed colorful graphics everything about this game is pretty good
  14. Dec 26, 2013
    Like other R&C games this is also pure gold! The story is strong and ends very well. Shooting, platforming and space battles sooo much fun. This is one epic adventure.
  15. Dec 5, 2013
    Tools of Destruction is a fun and addictive game thanks to all the explosions and destruction you cause throughout the adventure. There are a few balancing issues with the weapons as some that you get near the beginning of the game do absolutely nothing against the enemies found later in the game.
  16. Dec 5, 2013
    good great new graphics cool weapons but not really a lot of weapons actually.
    controls are good,the armor sets are very different from armors from the previous games.
    bolts are easily earn thanks to leviathan hunting and arena fights. something i don't like at this game is that captain qwuark is a bit different then in the other ratchet game's and he issn't on any of the missions. the
    good great new graphics cool weapons but not really a lot of weapons actually.
    bolts are easily earn thanks to leviathan hunting and arena fights.
    the story is okay.
    the game length is fine as well and the new graphics make it look awesome.
    raritanium this crystal is an extra for upgrading your weapons.
    in short a good ratchet and clank game worth buying
  17. Nov 23, 2013
    As the first PS3 outing for R&C this game was really fun, but it does slow down in parts (for example the Dino and snow pirate level) but it is still one of my favorite PS3 games
  18. Oct 19, 2013
    Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction really has a number of good remarks. For one, the graphics (especially for a game made in 2007) are absolutely mind blowing. The gameplay combines a shooter, a platformer, an rpg, and even is a bit of a puzzle game! The story is absolutely engaging to all gamers of all ages and has a nice control interface. In conclusion, this game blew my mind!
  19. Sep 26, 2013
    Tools of Destruction marks Ratchet and Clank's first foray into the HD generation, and a fine attempt at that. Even playing it now in 2013, it's graphics hold up splendidly well with it's bright colours and smooth edges, with a silky smooth framerate to boot. Everything you love about the old games is here, as well as an expanded weapon customization system, 'Gadgets' and a variety of moreTools of Destruction marks Ratchet and Clank's first foray into the HD generation, and a fine attempt at that. Even playing it now in 2013, it's graphics hold up splendidly well with it's bright colours and smooth edges, with a silky smooth framerate to boot. Everything you love about the old games is here, as well as an expanded weapon customization system, 'Gadgets' and a variety of more open levels allowing for exploration with the Robo-Wing, hunting wild creatures and more. Despite all the positives, Tools of Destruction isn't without bugs. With multiple crashes during my playthrough and numerous other small oversights, the game isn't a perfect experience, but it looks great, plays great and is one hell of a great game to play. Aye, Tools of Destruction is the best Ratchet game since Up Your Arsenal, and deserves every bit of praise it gets. Final Score: 8.6/10 Expand
  20. May 24, 2013
    The Ratchet and Clank series has been a childhood favorite of mine, and I felt terrible when the PS3 games came out because I didn't have one back then. Now that I have one, I got this one for my birthday, and I can say this is one; if not the best, Ratchet and clank game. Luckily with the jump to another system the gameplay is still intact, and feels as great as it did back then. TheThe Ratchet and Clank series has been a childhood favorite of mine, and I felt terrible when the PS3 games came out because I didn't have one back then. Now that I have one, I got this one for my birthday, and I can say this is one; if not the best, Ratchet and clank game. Luckily with the jump to another system the gameplay is still intact, and feels as great as it did back then. The animation is pure eye candy, and does not get in the way of playing the game. The animation is so great that it feels like your watching a movie, and being a apart of it only adds more the adventure. Like with all Ratchet and Clank games, there's a lot of weapons to choose from, all with unique abilities. Also the puzzles with motion control are actually very good, sometimes they're difficult, but too much so that it's impossible. With great animation, variety in weapons, and some interesting puzzles. This is one of the best Ratchet and Clank games to date. Expand
  21. May 15, 2013
    If you've played Ratchet and Clank 3 think that but shinier on the PS3. The gameplay is essentially the same which is fine because it is a near perfect mix of platforming and shooting. The enemies and planets you visit vary and the story is good to. It also introduces the villian of Captain Slag, a side villian that manages to outdo the game's main antagonist Emperor Tachyon in charm andIf you've played Ratchet and Clank 3 think that but shinier on the PS3. The gameplay is essentially the same which is fine because it is a near perfect mix of platforming and shooting. The enemies and planets you visit vary and the story is good to. It also introduces the villian of Captain Slag, a side villian that manages to outdo the game's main antagonist Emperor Tachyon in charm and making him strangely likeable for a selfish robot space pirate. The weapons are great as always with the massively OP Rhino and Alpha Cannon fun to use. Clanks sections are a bit annoying but nothing major still a great game and is worth playing. Expand
  22. Feb 22, 2013
    I just love this game, even though there is no trophies, the game was fantastic. Even though there is no online, even though there is no multiplayer, these things don't matter when everything else that was included was done superbly, the weapon level ups (except the omni-wrench), the variety of weapons, the humor, etc. Sure the ending wasn't great, but the game play was fantastic. I'd callI just love this game, even though there is no trophies, the game was fantastic. Even though there is no online, even though there is no multiplayer, these things don't matter when everything else that was included was done superbly, the weapon level ups (except the omni-wrench), the variety of weapons, the humor, etc. Sure the ending wasn't great, but the game play was fantastic. I'd call it a fair sized game, even though I beat it in about a week, even so I didn't do absolutely everything (collecting gold bolts, leveling up all weapons, beating the game on challenge mode, etc.) Overall, 8.7/10 (I hope Crack in Time is this good or better) Expand
  23. Dec 26, 2012
    I've been a R&C fan since the first game came out, and I'm still a fan. Tools of Destruction, however, was a bit of a disappointment for me. Over all I still enjoyed the game, but I felt that it was inferior to most of the previous titles. The story line was original, but not very engaging. The gameplay was roughly the same as the old PS2 titles, which is fine, but I feel like theI've been a R&C fan since the first game came out, and I'm still a fan. Tools of Destruction, however, was a bit of a disappointment for me. Over all I still enjoyed the game, but I felt that it was inferior to most of the previous titles. The story line was original, but not very engaging. The gameplay was roughly the same as the old PS2 titles, which is fine, but I feel like the developers should have taken the opportunity to improve. I feel like the weapons and gadgets you can get in the game were all recycled from previous titles. If you're a R&C fan, I would recommend this game simply as a continuation to the series. For everyone else, you may enjoy a single play through, but it doesn't have much replay value. Expand
  24. Dec 23, 2012
    Ratchet and Clank are always of those games where you never get tired of playing.
  25. Dec 17, 2012
    I love Ratchet & Clank, always have and always will, love different weapons and dialogue, great game :) it will keep you busy for a while, and it pretty cheap to buy now as well.
  26. Nov 15, 2012
    A great entry into the series, although slightly shallow in wisecracks, and far too short. Having said that, the formula remains strong thanks to upped graphics and fantastic gadgetry and weapons, although it is far from being the essential game of the series.
  27. Oct 11, 2012
    Having loved the first one when I was younger and then playing the following 3 I thought this game was going to be the same exciting new experience that it was then. I haven't played the original games since it came out so while I knew what to expect as far as gameplay I still thought it would a fresh feeling. I've got to say, this game did not hold up for me. I felt like I was pushingHaving loved the first one when I was younger and then playing the following 3 I thought this game was going to be the same exciting new experience that it was then. I haven't played the original games since it came out so while I knew what to expect as far as gameplay I still thought it would a fresh feeling. I've got to say, this game did not hold up for me. I felt like I was pushing myself through it rather than actually wanting to see what was next. I didn't find the story interesting in the slightest bit and it didn't help that the audio was either out of sync or skipped and repeated at times. Visually the game was on par with my expectations and the gameplay wasn't terribly bad but it felt monotonous. It was certainly an enjoyable experience reliving certain aspects of a game I once loved but just doesn't feel like what it used to be. I'll be playing the rest of the future series in hopes that it is just a poor experience with one game. Expand
  28. Sep 11, 2012
    This game is wonderful. Tools of Destruction definetly has some of the best weapons in the series. The graphics truly make the game look like a movie. and it has a great story. big replay value.
  29. Jul 9, 2012
    This game continues the excellent tradition that the Ratchet & Clank series already has. While it may not be the very best R&C game to date (in my opinion, that would be Up Your Arsenal for the PS2), it still delivers with original weapons, graphics which are on par, and great voice acting. Don't miss out on this game.
  30. Jun 17, 2012
    Amazing graphics, perfect controls, and a variety of incredibly powerful and unique weapons make this an amazing game for anyone to enjoy. If you've never played a Ratchet and Clank game before, you will most likely love this game, but if you have played the series before, you will still love it, but it may feel a bit stale. The lovable characters, great story, and outrageous weapons willAmazing graphics, perfect controls, and a variety of incredibly powerful and unique weapons make this an amazing game for anyone to enjoy. If you've never played a Ratchet and Clank game before, you will most likely love this game, but if you have played the series before, you will still love it, but it may feel a bit stale. The lovable characters, great story, and outrageous weapons will infatuate newcomers, while the old formula could turn off long-time fans of the series who would like to see some change. The fighting and exploring style of the game is great, but it could end up feeling like you've played the game before. This is really the only issue with the game (if that's a problem for you, and personally I'd be fine if they made a million games with the same style) so if you still love running around slaughtering your enemies with a vast array of crazy weapons, then this is definitely the game for you. If this fighting style is just too old for you, then maybe you would be better off with Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One. Expand
  31. Apr 20, 2012
    Tools of Destruction had a terrible mission to accomplish: to take the mascot-powered Ratchet & Clank series into a new console generation; and that usually goes bad. But Tools of Destruction pulls it off with flying colors. It is a great game and a worthy addition to the series. Graphics are beautiful and colorful, making you feel like you are playing a cartoon. The soundtrack isTools of Destruction had a terrible mission to accomplish: to take the mascot-powered Ratchet & Clank series into a new console generation; and that usually goes bad. But Tools of Destruction pulls it off with flying colors. It is a great game and a worthy addition to the series. Graphics are beautiful and colorful, making you feel like you are playing a cartoon. The soundtrack is addictive and voice acting is masterful. The story represents a turn for the serious as it kicks off the ''Future'' arc, but that is done in a very smart way and the series maintains its fun and light dialogue. Gameplay remains unchanged, but for some reason at times I felt that Ratchet was a little bit more mechanical and sluggish than in the previous installments. The new arsenal is as great and creative as ever, from the disco-globe launcher Groovinator (which makes all enemies stop firing at you to dance) to the new brilliantly named rocket-launcher Negotiator. Tools of Destruction is the best mascot-like fun you can have in this generation of consoles. Expand
  32. Feb 12, 2012
    ratchet and clank: tools of destruction is an amazing 3rd person shooter/plat-former with awesome game-play, an interesting storyline, good music, it doesn't really have much faults at all.
  33. Dec 7, 2011
    lovely game that has not aged well. that is as conclusive as you can get now. when sixasis controls were cool, this came out. when this came out little else good was out. it is still a good game, probably better than a crack in time.

better guns and storyline, and great humour. this is the best r and c on ps3. but some features are now uncool.
  34. Nov 26, 2011
    Introduction: I love 3D platformers. I think Spyro The Dragon for the PS1 was the first 3D platformer so it's interesting to note that the makers of that game made the Ratchet & Clank series. Gameplay: You start out with a wrench and a pistol-like weapon. Every weapon except the wrench can be upgraded to level 5. You upgrade weapons simply by hitting any enemy with it. The strongerIntroduction: I love 3D platformers. I think Spyro The Dragon for the PS1 was the first 3D platformer so it's interesting to note that the makers of that game made the Ratchet & Clank series. Gameplay: You start out with a wrench and a pistol-like weapon. Every weapon except the wrench can be upgraded to level 5. You upgrade weapons simply by hitting any enemy with it. The stronger the enemy, the faster your weapon will upgrade. Each upgrade increases your weapon's power, and on the 5th level your weapon gets a certain additional effect that makes your weapon more powerful. Additionally you can use raritarium (purple crystals you either find in chests or falls randomly from enemies) to purchase additional upgrades to your weapons such as faster rate of shooting, more ammo, or even special upgrades that add additional effects to your weapons.

For the first bit of the game the difficulty felt ridiculously easy to me but thankfully the enemies do become more powerful. The controls are great and very easy to learn, and if you hate using the sixaxis function (some minor parts of the game involve the sixaxis function) you can disable that so you could use the left stick instead. Jumping from platform to platform and railings to railings is incredibly smoth and easy, there'll be no frustrating deaths here due to that. If you love treasure hunting this game has it as you'll be wondering around huge beautiful maps trying to find gold bolts and raritarium chests. But that's optional, you don't have to do it if you don't want to. The enemies are varied, challenging, and fun to kill. Weapon upgrading is ridiculously fun, I've spent countless hours focusing on upgrading my weapons just to see how powerful they get when they become level 5 and fully upgraded. The one fault I can find with this game is that it still does not have trophy support and it seems that the developers have no intentions of adding it. Without the trophies I have to take out half a point so I give it 9/10 for gameplay. Story: You're a Lombax, the last Lombax. An evil genius emperor named Tachyon has killed all the other Lombaxes and he desperately wants to kill you. He reminds me of Dr. Robotnik from the Sonic series. I'd say they're both equally cool villains. Alongside you is Clank, a small robot that helps you out by giving you the ability to float in the air a bit increasing your jump distance. He also helps you in other ways but I don't want to spoil how. With 3D platformers I'm more interested in exploring and admiring the beautiful worlds rather than the story, but the story for this one did occasionally have me wanting to find out more of why Tachyon did this or that. I give it 8.5/10 for story. Graphics: Well it's almost 2012 and I'd say the graphics have held up very well. The color selection isn't perfect in my opinion, I like vibrant greens especially in grass and trees, and this game doesn't have much grass or trees. Still some worlds look so beatiful they'll have you opening your mouth wide open in amazement. Framerate seemed rather smooth to me. I'd give this a 9/10 in graphics. play Time/Replayability: It took me almost 30 hours to beat the game on my first playthrough but I wasn't in a rush I was having so much fun upgrading weapons and treasure hunting. If you were to try to beat the game as fast as possible I think you could do it in about ten hours. When you beat the game you have the option of playing it all over with all the weapons you've unlocked and with all your powerups but on a much harder difficulty, or you could choose to have the game timewarp you to before the final boss encounter so that you could finish exploring the previous worlds you've been to. I'm very satisfied with my playtime but I wish this game had trophies so I'm taking off a point for that. I give this a 9/10 for Play Time/Replayability. Final Recommendation: If you like 3D platformers at all then buy this game immediately! You won't regret it. My final score is 9.5/10.
  35. Nov 26, 2011
    Ratchet and Clank were one of the biggest mascots back on the PS2, and seeing the mechanical duo again in their first PS3 game with Tools of Destruction is a must own platforming title for the PS3. Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction consists all the things we loved about the series back on the PS2 games, but with updated visuals, new charming characters, six-axis controls and a newRatchet and Clank were one of the biggest mascots back on the PS2, and seeing the mechanical duo again in their first PS3 game with Tools of Destruction is a must own platforming title for the PS3. Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction consists all the things we loved about the series back on the PS2 games, but with updated visuals, new charming characters, six-axis controls and a new story premise in seeking more about Ratchet's race origins for the first time to newcomers and R&C veterans alike. This game would have been a perfect 10, though a couple of the clunky six-axis controls (The Decryptor puzzle game for example) and the unexpected rare crash that happens before one cutscene on planet Mukow bumps the game down to a 9 instead. This is the game that made me want to get a PS3 in the first place and it is a must own title to add to your PS3 collection. Expand
  36. Nov 4, 2011
    Ratchet and Clank series has never let me down except for the All 4 One game , but it is still a great series. A fun platformer with puzzles, humor ,and more. Anyone can enjoy this fantastic game.
  37. Aug 22, 2011
    Accidentally gave my review a 10 when I meant to give it a 5.

/150
    Accidentally gave my review a 10 when I meant to give it a 5.

/150 char............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  38. Apr 21, 2011
    i love ratchet and clank and i believe it to be one of the things the Xbox gamers wish they had there are only a couple issues that i had which is why it does not get a perfect score from me. when i bought this game it had been a while since i had played a ratchet & clank game and was excited when this came out and i wasnt disapointed with the good graphics many weapons to use and awsomei love ratchet and clank and i believe it to be one of the things the Xbox gamers wish they had there are only a couple issues that i had which is why it does not get a perfect score from me. when i bought this game it had been a while since i had played a ratchet & clank game and was excited when this came out and i wasnt disapointed with the good graphics many weapons to use and awsome voice acting and laugh out loud moments that make me smile and as always the story is top notch and has a couple twists that you dont see coming. one problem though is the length and although it is an awsome game there is only about 10 hours of game play if you arent trying to get all the skill points and extra figures to get and can easily be compleated in a weekend i wish they had continued to make the games multiplayer to add some replay value. also the extra battle items i found to be next to useless as i almost never used them except for the Mr Zurkon and i think they could have just left these out. you should not miss out on this game and you will be playing through it a couple times so you should defenatly pick this up Expand
  39. Nov 13, 2010
    When I first played this, I was amazed, it had been years before I had played a new Ratchet and Clank. It has earned the top of my favourite games list, respect it and treat it well, I have.
  40. Sep 13, 2010
    Ratchet and Clank is a very good game. It has good graphics and is very entertaining. When I started playing Ratchet and Clank I didnâ
  41. Sep 6, 2010
    Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction is awesome. The first game of the Future trilogy. The graphics are lovely and detailed and the levels huge and interesting. The plot is also interesting, the weapons just as bonkers as ever (especially the Alpha Cannon), the gadgets such as the Groovatron are funky (loads of laughs guaranteed seeing a boss your facing dance to the beat!), the dialogRatchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction is awesome. The first game of the Future trilogy. The graphics are lovely and detailed and the levels huge and interesting. The plot is also interesting, the weapons just as bonkers as ever (especially the Alpha Cannon), the gadgets such as the Groovatron are funky (loads of laughs guaranteed seeing a boss your facing dance to the beat!), the dialog is funny and it is quite a big adventure. One for the fans of Ratchet and Clank. Expand
  42. andrewb
    Nov 13, 2009
    This game is amazing the graphics are brilliant the gameplay is brilliant with plenty of great guns like predator launcher, buzz blades, and my favourite negotiator. Very funny and great story line. So why not 10 the ceckpoints are way to far apart so gets quite annoying but if you look past that it is amazing. any ps3 owners should buy this game
  43. JasonM
    Nov 7, 2009
    I don't know what people see in this game. I guess it's made for kids, because the gameplay is just repetitive shooting....over and over and over, just shooting enemies. Nothing interesting about it. Why is this thing getting such good reviews?
  44. MattJ.
    Oct 5, 2009
    Great Game The story so funny and it kinda long so you get to enjoy your weapons and get your money worth there so many weapons and there all fun to use and when you upgrade your weapon they get better and look cooler great game if anyone wants a long game to play with tons of laughs and tons of weapons every PS3 owner should have this game.
  45. MatthewJenkins
    Aug 6, 2009
    Not sure what to expect from the front cover. Big surprise! Imagine playing in 'Toy Story' and this is it. Funny characters lots of explosions weapons galore and many upgrades. Between planets/chapers the game becomes a shoot 'em up. Puzzles to solve. The whole works. Best £20 spent for a long time.
  46. VitSavicky
    Aug 6, 2009
    Jokes are like salt. If you add too much it's ruined. If you add too few, it's just not good. Insomniac Games found the right amount and serve it with style. I admit it's getting a bit repetitive in the end, but the variety of 'tools of destruction' is making up for it. It's a game-play experience that you should not miss.
  47. GaryCarr
    Jul 1, 2009
    I've been buying the Ratchet and Clank gamers from the start, and as always, this game is amazing. The graphics are polished and really sets a high standard for other games to follow, the sound and storyline are excellent, the game is massive and challenging, and it has kept it's amazing weapons, great voice acting and brilliant sense of humour. I'd recommend this toI've been buying the Ratchet and Clank gamers from the start, and as always, this game is amazing. The graphics are polished and really sets a high standard for other games to follow, the sound and storyline are excellent, the game is massive and challenging, and it has kept it's amazing weapons, great voice acting and brilliant sense of humour. I'd recommend this to anyone, even if you're not a big fan of platform games. Can't wait for the next one later this year Expand
  48. JackC.
    Oct 23, 2008
    Like any Ratchet & Clank game, you get so much bang for your buck. For example, the weapon library puts Half Life 2 to shame. The environments with the plants moving, and the birds flying around really puts GTA IV to shame. Ratchets fur puts Uncharteds skin textures to shame at times as well. I mean, last time I felt like this about graphics was when I watched 'Ratatoulie' at Like any Ratchet & Clank game, you get so much bang for your buck. For example, the weapon library puts Half Life 2 to shame. The environments with the plants moving, and the birds flying around really puts GTA IV to shame. Ratchets fur puts Uncharteds skin textures to shame at times as well. I mean, last time I felt like this about graphics was when I watched 'Ratatoulie' at the biggest screen in my local cinema. If this was a movie, it would be a tripple A easily. Now, of course I'm not just going to judge it by graphics, because then I'm missing the point of the actual playing part. The gameplay is smooth, immersive and always action packed. Just short of a 10 because the auto aiming system feels broke, and when you fire a blaster bullet into an enemy, you really don't feel the "Oomph" of say Call Of Duty 4. The voice acting and story are absaloute peices of gold, though can feel a bit repetative at times. Graphics: 10 Gameplay:9 Story: 9 Audio: 10 So I'd probably give this a 9 in total. Expand
  49. DanO.
    Aug 24, 2008
    Just got this amazing game for £20 but feel as though I should have paid more. Absolutely great platforming and shooting mechanics, brilliant humour and pixar-esque hd visuals will leave you wanting to play again and again. For my money its the best ratchet and clank game to date and one of the best games the ps3 has to offer. Needless to say I'm downloading Quest for booty Just got this amazing game for £20 but feel as though I should have paid more. Absolutely great platforming and shooting mechanics, brilliant humour and pixar-esque hd visuals will leave you wanting to play again and again. For my money its the best ratchet and clank game to date and one of the best games the ps3 has to offer. Needless to say I'm downloading Quest for booty right know to see how the plot develops. Expand
  50. JamieC.
    Jul 27, 2008
    A fun and natural sequel to the R&C series, this one is a must-have for PS3 owners who are into 3D platformers.
  51. LouisP.
    Jul 27, 2008
    Decent game. Not as much fun as the previous R&C titles. I even lost interest before beating the game once. The weapons include some new stuff, but a lot of completely useless junk. The weapons are only rarely useful for specific enemies, other than that, not much strategy is involved.. just fire away. This worked fine for me in previous games, but here it just gets boring for some Decent game. Not as much fun as the previous R&C titles. I even lost interest before beating the game once. The weapons include some new stuff, but a lot of completely useless junk. The weapons are only rarely useful for specific enemies, other than that, not much strategy is involved.. just fire away. This worked fine for me in previous games, but here it just gets boring for some reason. I don't like the bosses, its not like you have to find a weakness or anything... just empty clip after clip of ammunition on them... heck, the first space boss could even be defeated by flying around in the same clockwise circle on the screen non-stop, while holding down the firing button... boring. There's also numorous little glitches like u can get stuck while walking on different objects (rocks and other scenery). The story held me interested for a couple of hours, and then i just thought screw it. It's not a bad game though, i just feel a need so complain over everything i dislike about it, when all other critics give it 9 or 10. Expand
  52. ChrisM.
    Jul 13, 2008
    Entertaining for the family. Wonderful graphics. Downside is that it's not 2 player and it's to short. Re-playability just isn't there. Recommended for non-hardcore games looking for a couple weeks of fun. I wish there were more entertaining games like this on the market.
  53. HughJ.
    Jun 9, 2008
    Amazing gameplay, graphics and story. Xbox may have Bioshock, Halo and Crysis, but it will never have anything that can compete with this.
  54. LukeR.
    Apr 28, 2008
    Good game with lovable characters that put a smile on your face while playing. Beautiful graphics but I didn't enjoy the level layouts they felt non-organic to me.
  55. GarrettS.
    Apr 17, 2008
    Perfection. Ratchet and Clank: Future Tools Of Destruction feels like a sream. Not only is the gameplay absoloutly brilliant but there are times when you just have to put your weapon (s) down and look at the environment your playing in. The concepts in this game are truly breathtaking. I very much indeed look forward to the next installment because if it is anything like this one, it Perfection. Ratchet and Clank: Future Tools Of Destruction feels like a sream. Not only is the gameplay absoloutly brilliant but there are times when you just have to put your weapon (s) down and look at the environment your playing in. The concepts in this game are truly breathtaking. I very much indeed look forward to the next installment because if it is anything like this one, it should be a law to own it. Oh....and dont be scared off by the occasional glitch...I think that one floating box can be excused seeing as how it is floating in a flawless world that is Ratchet and Clank: Future Tools of Distruction. Expand
  56. BruceB.
    Apr 1, 2008
    No need to say much here. This one is a must own if you have a PS3! Best graphics on the system to date. It is like playing in a Pixar movie.
  57. JeremyN.
    Mar 31, 2008
    The bottom line is, it's a must buy for playstation 3 owners.It has my vote for the best ps3 exclusive out there.
  58. GregT
    Mar 31, 2008
    This game is excellent. Terrific fun to play and I feel it is a shame that some others have rated it as 0 and 2 as it is certainly not that. The graphics are excellent, even beautiful at times, the game play is a quality platform with multiple paths and intricacies and the overall experience is good. There were a couple of niggles for me, the
  59. AndrewO
    Mar 26, 2008
    Very fun, fast paced game. Of course you are going to have fun with all the weapons and upgrades. The only flaw that I can find is the short story. I rented the game and easily beat it within the 5 day rental period. A good weekend rent, but not worth purchasing.
  60. LeonL.
    Mar 19, 2008
    One of the best game for PS3. I'll give a full point for graphic. Game play is fun and it's very easy to pick up. I wish the game can be longer and have a more challenging mode. Highly recommended.
  61. JasonL..
    Feb 19, 2008
    Another great installment in a series that never disappoints. The game looks great, plays great and has great replay value (being able to bump of the difficulty and replay it with all your weapons and then buy roided out versions of the weapons you already have the second time through). The reason I give it a 9 instead of a 10 is because it looses a point for lack of muliplayer. The last Another great installment in a series that never disappoints. The game looks great, plays great and has great replay value (being able to bump of the difficulty and replay it with all your weapons and then buy roided out versions of the weapons you already have the second time through). The reason I give it a 9 instead of a 10 is because it looses a point for lack of muliplayer. The last installment had a promising multiplayer component but instead of giving it some TLC and turning it into a great multiplayer experience it has been removed from the game entirely. When will Sony get it together and start releasing these exclusive games with muliplayer or co-op modes? Drake's Fortune is another game that suffers from this same problem. Ultimately though another great installment in the Ratchet and Clank Series. Not as good as Up Your Aresnal but a game I would call a must have for any game fan. Expand
  62. MikeW.
    Feb 16, 2008
    This is a seriously fun game. And the coolest thing is that its a game everyone can get into. If you're a hardcore gamer you can take a break with this and have some fun, and be entertained and possibly challenged. If you aren't a serious gamer you will love this game. My wife isn't a serious gamer and beat it before I did. She loved it, you will too.
  63. DanishA.
    Feb 10, 2008
    Awesome graphics and gameplay. I would hate to see somebody not buy this awesome game. The weapons are great and this game would take a long time to beat. The boss battles are challenging and great. I would say this game should be one of the greatest games of the year.
  64. SYC
    Feb 4, 2008
    Exactly what you'd expect from a PS3 Ratchet title. Georgeous visuals, silky smooth framerate and some polish and tweaks to the existing formula makes TOD the best yet in the series, The general
  65. JasonW.
    Feb 3, 2008
    This is and excellent game. One of the top five for the Playstation 3. Great replay vaule with challenge mode. The graphics are amazing Insomniac did it again.
  66. IanR.
    Jan 28, 2008
    This game is seriously fun, I completed it 3 times back to back and still wasn't bored of it. I bought this game as a bit of a gamble, hoping it would take me back to my much loved platform gaming days and it didn't disappoint. The range of weapons is awsome and it looks fantastic, incredible colour and graphics especially in HD. You may need some help to find all of the golden This game is seriously fun, I completed it 3 times back to back and still wasn't bored of it. I bought this game as a bit of a gamble, hoping it would take me back to my much loved platform gaming days and it didn't disappoint. The range of weapons is awsome and it looks fantastic, incredible colour and graphics especially in HD. You may need some help to find all of the golden bolts and holo plans (for the Ryno weapon) as they are scattered throughout the galaxy, but all in all one of the best games out on PS3 at the moment. Expand
  67. AhmedA.
    Jan 22, 2008
    What can I say, everything, I mean it, everything is freakin awesome.The only scratch is the short length of the game.
  68. WarrenC.
    Jan 21, 2008
    In my top three games of 2007 (right under Call of Duty 4 and Bioshock). It's a a great breath of fresh air in a year packed with dark shooters.
  69. MasJ.
    Jan 21, 2008
    Nice graphics, good story and interesting locations. Creative and the boss battles are just right. I rented it, finished it in about 10 hours and definitely feel I had my money's worth of entertainment.
  70. SakariS.
    Jan 19, 2008
    There are no better games! Fantastic gameplay and very long. Of course, there's still The Challenge Mode, which is much harder. the Best game of 2007 for sure!
  71. StevenC.
    Jan 3, 2008
    Excellent game in all respects. There simply aren't enough games like this on the market. Game play is intuitive and enjoyable and there are plenty of laughs in the cut scenes and various weapons and gadgets.
  72. canberysimon
    Jan 1, 2008
    this game is the bomb! FACT u stink!!!!!!! im 36 and i loved the whole lot of em this ones my favourite!!!! now i dont know bout' you guys but this game deserves 10 just like F.E.A.R!!!! and any of you play runescape my usernames warkiller770 no caps or spaces. cya l8R
  73. JohnH.
    Dec 31, 2007
    These two characters never fail. Great platformer with the usual mix of shooting and puzzles. Can be enjoyed by gamers of all ages.
  74. Agent-A20
    Dec 30, 2007
    This is great gamemaking. It is fresh to the senses and alive with color, totally invigorating. You will marvel at the level of visual accomplishment but thats not where it ends. The game's pacing is sharp and its pieces many. There is much fun to be had. This masterpiece should not be passed on.
  75. FACTISWRONG
    Dec 26, 2007
    This is my first Ratchet game, not to mention first PS3 game. I must say I am very impressed, and glad I got a PS3. A previous reviewer FACT is on crack because what he mentions is the opposite of what is really the fact. Ratchet and Clank is a Super Mario Bros for the PS3, and that is a compliment in itself. My only complaint is why is it not at the full 1080p? I do not think thisThis is my first Ratchet game, not to mention first PS3 game. I must say I am very impressed, and glad I got a PS3. A previous reviewer FACT is on crack because what he mentions is the opposite of what is really the fact. Ratchet and Clank is a Super Mario Bros for the PS3, and that is a compliment in itself. My only complaint is why is it not at the full 1080p? I do not think this game FULLY leverages the PS3, as I expect more from this platform. Expand
  76. B.S.M.
    Dec 26, 2007
    First time really sitting down with a Ratchet & Clank game, and I enjoyed every hour of it. This game even had me wanting to go through it again to really max out my weapons only available the 2nd time through. This is a terrific game for gamers who haven't played a previous one through before.
  77. GiorgosD.
    Dec 22, 2007
    Best Ratchet And Clank game ever builded. Just what PS3 gamers needed. All the good stuff from it's ancestors are here. I suppoce that's playable from older ones mostly! Still PS3 needs more games like this.
  78. AaroS.
    Dec 21, 2007
    This is it! The best PS3 game! Graphics, gameplay, sound, music and just everything is soo polished and fantastic! If you do not own this game yet then go out and buy it NOW!
  79. MichelleT.
    Dec 14, 2007
    Broken game. It corrupts save files at will and there is an interesting glitch I just found where a blank screen with white text appears, making the rest of it unplayable (I'm currently stuck, the black on white pops up and I cannot play it anymore). Unforgivable! Older games didn't break this way - why do all these new $60+ games come out "unfinished"?
  80. Jason
    Dec 12, 2007
    This is a superb game. It's game play is excellent. The graphics are stunning. The plot, while thin, is at time hilarious. As always, the level design is top notch. It does, perhaps, lack some of the variety of previous iterations.
  81. BaderN.
    Dec 2, 2007
    This game is one of the most addictive games i ever played, even though its easy on the first run still you will find your self going back to play this incredibly amazing looking game, also the ending is not as some reviewers say is bad since R&C:ToD 2 is confirmed.
    Nov 29, 2007
    Oustanding graphics and fun old school game play
  83. Brian
    Nov 27, 2007
    This game is a lot of fun. Despite the fact that the game is pretty easy, I never found myself bored playing it.
  84. FACT
    Nov 18, 2007
    Another over-hyped PS3 game. Gameplay is broken and graphics are ugly in their own special way. I would only recommend this to little kids too young to realize that it's crap.
  85. HermanA.
    Nov 18, 2007
    Awesome game, every game does not need multiplayer.
  86. SuleimanM.
    Nov 17, 2007
    A great game that'll surprise you in many ways. However, there's still too much of the same. At times it has that been there done that feeling. However, Ratchet makes a successful debut on next gen, and gives the Playstation 3 it's first true killer app.
  87. NathanSmit
    Nov 14, 2007
    This game is defenetly the best game of all time by very far!!!!! I have been a fan of the game since the begining and i still have all the games on ps2 and this new R&C 5 (TOD) is by far the best game i have played so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  88. MatthewH.
    Nov 13, 2007
    This game delivered on everything Insomniac promised, and more. While the motion-controls in some areas of the game are sub-par, it doesn't take away from the experience hardly at all. Those parts of the game are still very fun, even if the controls are sluggish. Insomniac continues to outdo itself over and over, and this is definitely a reason for consumers to purchase a PS3.
  89. ToddD.
    Nov 11, 2007
    This game improves on an already established AAA IP, the graphics are great the gamplay and controls impoved and is fun for kids and adults alike.
  90. JayM.
    Nov 10, 2007
    Great sense of humor that is designed both on younger kids and adults sense of humor. If you enjoy the previous installments you should enjoy this one. If you are more biased towards adult fps then I doubt your enjoy this title as much.
  91. DanielF.
    Nov 9, 2007
    Looks nice but very boring...has a life span of 10 minutes before you yawn and turn the game off. Been there done that is all you can say...another poor poor next gen game. Avarage at best.
  92. Johigglesvash
    Nov 9, 2007
    Nearly flawless in execution and purpose. The only failings of this game involve the motion controls, particularly of the tornado gun.
  93. RichardK.
    Nov 4, 2007
    Easily the best looking game on the console, despite not being "True HD." (If you buy into all that nonsense, anyhow). Anyone docking points for lack of multiplayer obviously is very inexperienced in the gaming media, because this game has never pretended to have or implied to have multiplayer/online capabilities. It's comparable to docking a Mario game for not having guns, or an RPG Easily the best looking game on the console, despite not being "True HD." (If you buy into all that nonsense, anyhow). Anyone docking points for lack of multiplayer obviously is very inexperienced in the gaming media, because this game has never pretended to have or implied to have multiplayer/online capabilities. It's comparable to docking a Mario game for not having guns, or an RPG for not having platforming. It is a great single-player game with a decent amount of replayability (challenge mode, anyone?). Not to mention that despite the normal objectives being fairly simple to complete, obtaining all the skill points and unlockables require a much more proficient hand at platforming, and gaming in general. The humor and voice acting is outstanding, and the production value really shows. Insominac has done a tremendous job with this game, pushing the envelope once again from a technical standpoint. Expand
  94. JoeD.
    Nov 3, 2007
    Ratchet and Clank is a beautiful game with amazing gameplay. This a must have for all PS3 owners.
  95. KitF.
    Nov 3, 2007
    As of yet, the greatest looking platformer ever made. That's a tough argument to beat. It's cartoon-style and wide color palette are delightful, and it's humor while at times a bit cliche, is not forced, and is truly funny; something that games nowadays are having a harder and harder time pulling off. The gameplay is an extremely polished revisit to games like Spyro, and As of yet, the greatest looking platformer ever made. That's a tough argument to beat. It's cartoon-style and wide color palette are delightful, and it's humor while at times a bit cliche, is not forced, and is truly funny; something that games nowadays are having a harder and harder time pulling off. The gameplay is an extremely polished revisit to games like Spyro, and Crash. I wasn't a Ratchet fan, but when I saw what this game had to offer, I had to pick it up. It's quality is irrefutable, and the game is executed well. If I had to complain about the game at all, it would be that it wasn't quite long enough. Not to say that it isn't a good length (10-20 hours depending on how many weapons you obsessively upgrade) but in the way that if the game was 60 hours, it still wouldn't be enough. Expand
  96. AdamA.
    Nov 3, 2007
    This game is, quite simply, fun to play. The weapons are cool, the worlds are colorful, and the action will keep players coming back for more. In a world where multiplayer is king, that's saying something. There are a few rough spots, however. Some of the cutscenes seemed unpolished, and a sparse few bugs (like falling through a level) kept ot from a higher score. Fantastic work all This game is, quite simply, fun to play. The weapons are cool, the worlds are colorful, and the action will keep players coming back for more. In a world where multiplayer is king, that's saying something. There are a few rough spots, however. Some of the cutscenes seemed unpolished, and a sparse few bugs (like falling through a level) kept ot from a higher score. Fantastic work all the same, though, I can't wait for the sequel. Expand
  97. LuisL.
    Nov 1, 2007
    Best game so far for PS3. Fantastic presentation and pacing makes this a great title. There's always more upgrades to keep you playing, and while the first play-through is a little on the easy side, the challenge mode unlocked after the first play-through is challenging, with upgraded weapons.
  98. J.J.
    Nov 1, 2007
    Fun unique and well done! The story and controls are fun and will engage you from start to finish!
  99. Duke
    Oct 31, 2007
    Who says a game has to be hard to be good? this game is loads of fun. top notch graphics and hilarious story. the best ratchet yet.
  100. MasterB.
    Oct 31, 2007
    Best game on the PS3 to date. Only played the first game, but decided to try the game again cause it looks so fricken good. Best decision I made. Gameplay is so much fun and simple without being too serious. But the game mechanics are varied with the multitude of weapons/gadgets/devices to make the gameplay varied. Story is interesting and the voice acting is very well done. The graphics Best game on the PS3 to date. Only played the first game, but decided to try the game again cause it looks so fricken good. Best decision I made. Gameplay is so much fun and simple without being too serious. But the game mechanics are varied with the multitude of weapons/gadgets/devices to make the gameplay varied. Story is interesting and the voice acting is very well done. The graphics alone is worth the price of admission. Every PS3 owner needs to have this game in their collection. Expand

1. Given the series orientation towards multiplayer in the final chapters on the PS2, it's quite surprising to find Tools of Destruction a solely single-player experience. With a handful of mini-games Tools of Destruction can be rushed through over a weekend, with the only real replay value stemming from Insomniac's traditional selection of Skill Point challenges to achieve on every level.
  2. The single best game you can find on the PlayStation 3 right now, and at the end of the day, it's the best in the series. If you own a PS3, you need this game in your library. It is the absolutely definition of a must-have title, and right now is the front-runner as game of the year, hands down.
    Not only one of the best looking PlayStation 3 games, it's incredibly enjoyable, with some excellent weapons and some brilliant action set pieces.