8.5

1. Nov 16, 2013
    $30 for an 8 hour game with a great story, fun gameplay, and a good sense of humor. Into the Nexus is the best thing to happen to R&C in a long time, since A Crack in Time. The 8 hour story is perfectly paced and well written. The turn in atmosphere is a breathe of fresh air and the gorgeous graphics complement it well. The Jetpack is also very fun to use and adds new style to the classic$30 for an 8 hour game with a great story, fun gameplay, and a good sense of humor. Into the Nexus is the best thing to happen to R&C in a long time, since A Crack in Time. The 8 hour story is perfectly paced and well written. The turn in atmosphere is a breathe of fresh air and the gorgeous graphics complement it well. The Jetpack is also very fun to use and adds new style to the classic Ratchet gameplay formula that's returned. This games a good break after all the shooters out there, and it's probably the best $30 you can spend on a game because you will get your money's worth. Expand
  2. Nov 12, 2013
    This game is spectacular, all of the feelings of the old ratchet and clank games come back into my mind again! This game continues insomniacs legacy, not including all for 1 and those other titles. Goooopd jobbb insomniac!
  3. Nov 12, 2013
    The only thing "bad" in this tittle is that is relatively short....and I don't know why is only 75 METASCORE pts...this game is very cool like the firsts R&C games!!!
  4. Nov 16, 2013
    If you are a fan of Ratchet & Clank, then this game is a MUST HAVE!
    Apart from the amazing visuals and rather compelling story, it leaves you wanting more.
    This game is a GREAT end to a generation!
    Expecting a R&C on PS4, but un till then this game will keep you in the Ratchet vibe!
  5. Nov 21, 2013
    It's short. Not 'Quest for Booty' short, but still struggles over half the length of a full sized Ratchet & Clank title. Despite this, it avoids a number of Quest for Booty's major issues by having a good selection of weapons, some of which you've used before in All 4 One and Full Frontal Assault (Q-Force), some new, like the Nightmare Box or the Winterizer. Into the Nexus is the prettiestIt's short. Not 'Quest for Booty' short, but still struggles over half the length of a full sized Ratchet & Clank title. Despite this, it avoids a number of Quest for Booty's major issues by having a good selection of weapons, some of which you've used before in All 4 One and Full Frontal Assault (Q-Force), some new, like the Nightmare Box or the Winterizer. Into the Nexus is the prettiest game in the series yet, taking Full Frontal Assaults presentation and applying it to a proper Ratchet adventure. It pushes the PS3 to it's very limits, in both the good, and the bad. On one hand, it's a damned pretty game and a pleasure to look at. On another, it's framerate is worrying to say the least, running below acceptable levels 80% of the time and even dropping to single digits during heavy action sequences. The game compensates for it well with it's responsive controls, but it's still nowhere near as smooth to play as say Tools of Destruction. The gameplay hasn't changed dramatically, swinging from Swingshots, shooting guns, strafing and doing flips. The controls are a mixture of A Crack in Time's and Full Frontal Assault's, which works very well. The story is decent, nothing special but entertaining enough. Ratchet's model looks adorable, I think his face has been pushed out a little since the last game, making his eyes deeper and his nose more pronounced, a little more like his Crack in Time appearance, however the wide face and massive green eyes are still present from his All 4 One redesign. There isn't much wrong with Into the Nexus except for the fact that it lasts about 6 to 8 hours, and the below standard framerate. Oh, and to get a platinum trophy, you'll need about 3 playthroughs to amass enough money for the Ryno VII Omega Weapon (1,000,000 Bolts) and the final armour set (1,500,000 Bolts). Besides that, it meets my expectations. I dunno about having paid $60 NZD for it, it's not a $60 NZD game, but it is a good game, the strongest effort in the series since A Crack in Time, and a promising sign that Ratchet & Clank will continue their adventure into the 8th Generation with a whole new storyline to succeed the future series. Final Score: 7.8/10 Expand
  6. Nov 13, 2013
    This is a true Ratchet & Clank game. The gameplay is as great as it was "originally was" from 2002-2009 and the villain(s) was great after the disappointing villain in Full Frontal Assault. The problem I have with this game is that it's not at a length I wanted but it's still $30 well spent.
  7. Nov 14, 2013
    I am a sucker for Ratchet & Clank. Humor, crazy weapons, weapon leveling, bolt and raritanium looting, and more! I can't help but be thrilled about R&C returning to their core mechanics. I just wish the game was longer I am looking forward to the next installment on the PS4. Don't make us wait Insomniac!
  8. Dec 13, 2013
    If you liked Tools of Destruction a A Crack in Time, you will enjoy this game.
    Bear in mind that it is a short game, like 6 hours to finish, so don't expect a game as long as the other 2 I mentioned.
  9. Nov 23, 2013
    This game is epic, Ratchet and Clank is back to how it used to be, and if it stays away from games such as Quest for Booty, All for One and Full Frontal Assault the series will make its triumphant return.
  10. Nov 12, 2013
    Ratchet & Clank Nexus propose un scénario d’une banalité affligeante. Malgré cela, les six heures de jeu offert par ce titre sont parfaitement remplies, sans temps mort et aurait mérité deux /trois environnements supplémentaires. Ces mondes, 4+1 semi-facultative, sont tous de bonne qualité graphique et observe un level design inutilement alambiqué pour cacher le fait que ce ne sont queRatchet & Clank Nexus propose un scénario d’une banalité affligeante. Malgré cela, les six heures de jeu offert par ce titre sont parfaitement remplies, sans temps mort et aurait mérité deux /trois environnements supplémentaires. Ces mondes, 4+1 semi-facultative, sont tous de bonne qualité graphique et observe un level design inutilement alambiqué pour cacher le fait que ce ne sont que des couloirs. Ratchet s’y déplace assez lentement malgré l’obtention des Hoverbottes et Clank n’est qu’un prétexte pour varier les plaisirs dans une 2D/réflexion. Enfin, le système monétaire ne change pas et la moitié des armes ne servent rien. Expand
  11. Dec 2, 2013
    Ratchet & Clank has gone through a bit of an identity crisis as of late. After saving the universe time and time again, the duo changed their recurring course of action. They expanded their team to four members in Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One creating a less than memorable four player co-op game. They attempted again in Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault by adding tower defense to theRatchet & Clank has gone through a bit of an identity crisis as of late. After saving the universe time and time again, the duo changed their recurring course of action. They expanded their team to four members in Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One creating a less than memorable four player co-op game. They attempted again in Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault by adding tower defense to the formula, resulting in another miss in the series. Such diversions hasn't convinced the audience that Ratchet & Clank should be anything but a wacky platformer about blowing aliens up with overpowered weapons. It didn't take Insomniac Games long to recognize this problem. Instead of another stab at a different formula, Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus returns to its classic roots.

The controls and design play out like the same game you've been enjoying back in 2002, with new weapons and mechanics bringing new light into the old formula. Your arsenal comes in many flavors. From classics such as the Warmonger and Fusion Bomb, to clear the battlefield from villainy in seconds, to new variety, such as the Nightmare Box, a weapon that launches jack-in-the-boxes to scare enemies as well as attack them and the Netherbeast, a glove that unleashes a flying serpent to tear through numerous foes. There is also a new RYNO to construct that launches a wall of missiles all orchestrated to “Night on Bald Mountain” that plays the longer you hold the trigger. The weapon selection is diverse and filled with variety, opening the door to multiple different strategies and all satisfying to wield.

The gameplay comes with new mechanics that fits comfortably with the series. A new gadget is introduced early on called the “Grav-Tether.” This creates Portal like sequences where Ratchet connects to points creating a gravity beam, that you traverse. This mechanic is strictly used for traverse feeling like missed opportunity for gravity based puzzles. You will also obtain a jetpack upgrade for Clank for traverse. This opens up as you can use the jetpack to explore huge open areas within planets, creating fun flying sequences as well as open the opportunity for aerial combat. The hoverboots return late game opening up new ways of moving along the battlefield, in fast, dynamic action.

Another new dynamic is the new Clank sections. These sections take place within another dimension as Clank must explore and lead a Netherbeast through a gate to the overworld. These sections are side-scrolling, where gravity becomes a major factor in traversal. Clank alters gravity with the right stick,
    as you shift from the ceiling, floor, and walls using it to complete puzzles and avoid dangers towards your goal. These sections are a welcome change that can prove to be challenging at times.

The story itself is of a darker tone, harkening back to Ratchet: Deadlocked. The story returns to
    Ratchet's personal story and serves as an epilogue to the Future series. Ratchet & Clank are escorting a space witch, by the name of Vendra Prog to prison, when her twin brother attacks their ship in an attempt to free her. The two escape and the chase begins. The story is pretty straight forward with predictable plot twists, classic humor familiar to the series, even events that may effect future Ratchet & Clank games to come, even a haunting behemoth for a final boss that gives Ratchet a run for his money.

The game overall is a short one however, taking me around 5 hours to compete. Four planets in total, as well as an arena planet similar to previous games in the series. Each planet is unique and filled with variety. One planet takes place in an open swamp where you can hunt flying serpents for their horns, which you can sell for profit, another is a haunted city, where your journey takes you through its murky caverns as well as a trip through a creepy orphanage, old and decayed. Each planet is filled with crates to crush, gold bolts, and RYNO plans to find. Arena battles, however, feel short lived, as most end within minutes, leaving the player less satisfied. This makes the experience overall feel like a tack on instead of a full fledged planet as it did in previous games in the series. Challenge mode returns as well featuring tougher enemies as well as a bolt multiplier that increases per enemy defeated without being hit.

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus is definitively a short, but sweet adventure and a long awaited welcome back to the series roots. At the cost of quantity is quality; a classic formula that still feels fresh to play. For a smaller price, as well as a free digital copy of Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty, its a hard game to avoid adding to your PS3 library. As what appears to be the last game in the PS3 generation, Into the Nexus closes its chapter leaving fans craving more to come.
  12. Nov 13, 2013
    If you loved the ps2 games and liked the ps3 ones this will blow you away the games story is not of the top but its guns guns guns and crates are something that revive your memories. its characters are goofy funny and at times adorable. gameplay is fast and a reason that you will keep playing it.a variety of weapons and the sounds of the crates breaking is something that you will notIf you loved the ps2 games and liked the ps3 ones this will blow you away the games story is not of the top but its guns guns guns and crates are something that revive your memories. its characters are goofy funny and at times adorable. gameplay is fast and a reason that you will keep playing it.a variety of weapons and the sounds of the crates breaking is something that you will not forget.and all in all this makes up for some 8-12 hours of excitement and experience (depends on what type of player you are accordingly you will finish it WORTH YOUR MONEY AND TIME. Expand
  13. Nov 13, 2013
    I love this game. I have been a massive fan of all the Ratchet & Clank games, and I honestly think this is one of the best there is. My favorite before this was Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal. The story line in this one is DEFINITLY the best, and the guns feel alot more polished then any other has ever felt. It incourages using different guns, grenades for swarms and groups of enemysI love this game. I have been a massive fan of all the Ratchet & Clank games, and I honestly think this is one of the best there is. My favorite before this was Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal. The story line in this one is DEFINITLY the best, and the guns feel alot more polished then any other has ever felt. It incourages using different guns, grenades for swarms and groups of enemys Omniblaster for flying enemys, and the Winterizer, for just plain stupid fun. The story is actually the strongest part of this game, as it shows new characteristics never seen before in all characters. Good job Insomniac, your still the best at everything, keep up the good work. And, HOW IS THIS ONLY 75?! Expand
  14. Nov 21, 2013
    With much disappointment, I have to say that Into The Nexus is not a great title. As a huge fan of Ratchet since the beginning, I am very upset about the lack luster titles that Insomniac has been pushing out the last 3 years. They are rushed, bite-sized, lacking of compelling stories, and are just empty feeling. This is supposed to be a finale to the Future Saga yet it gives hardlyWith much disappointment, I have to say that Into The Nexus is not a great title. As a huge fan of Ratchet since the beginning, I am very upset about the lack luster titles that Insomniac has been pushing out the last 3 years. They are rushed, bite-sized, lacking of compelling stories, and are just empty feeling. This is supposed to be a finale to the Future Saga yet it gives hardly anything to feel and sells you on nostalgia (but not very well) more than anything else. I love Ratchet & Clank and will continue to watch what is done with the series but with three strikes, I am going to be skeptical until Insomniac proves they are going to put more time into the series or else it will crumble. Expand
  15. Dec 4, 2013
    This is a great game to end the series` trip on the PS3. Still I have to say I was a bit disapointed of it. The length totally ruined what this game could have been. it could have been so much. I`d like to see more of the awesome platforming with the gravity boots, more guns and basically more of everything this game offered. However, this game is really good! The framerate never dropped,This is a great game to end the series` trip on the PS3. Still I have to say I was a bit disapointed of it. The length totally ruined what this game could have been. it could have been so much. I`d like to see more of the awesome platforming with the gravity boots, more guns and basically more of everything this game offered. However, this game is really good! The framerate never dropped, there was not a single stutter or freezes, the voice-acting is superior and it`s still Ratchet and Clank. Ratchet and Clank: into the Nexus is one of the best games I`ve played this year! Expand
  16. Dec 5, 2013
    Nexus is a great throw back to the classic formula while still adding a great variety of new mechanics to keep the experience unique and fresh. I loved every second of playing this game through the first time and on challenge mode. Great value as the game is $40 here in Australia
  17. Jan 2, 2014
    Cool game, however I miss the days of the PS2 Ratchet and Clank when the games were really in depth and just spectacular. To this day I am waiting for them to match "Up your Arsenal" (3rd edition to the series)
  18. Aug 3, 2014
    $30 dollars is not a lot for a game, but this game is incredible, and well worth your money.
    The sheer imagination that has been put into the environments, the love and care put into the character models, and the crazy weapons make this game worth playing alone.
    The story is nice and well paced, with a fair amount of little puzzles to figure out. The villains are ambiguous in their aims and motives, and although you don't get to spend as much time with them as you could, I feel they were worthy adversaries.
    My favorite franchise is Ratchet and Clank, and this game is third in my list of my favorite Ratchet and Clank games.
    So, to sum it up
    Ratchet and Clank= #1!
  19. Jul 16, 2014
    Say what you will about other Sony mascots like Jak and Daxter or Sly Cooper, but at least they knew how to actually end. Ratchet and Clank:Nexus is just a reminder for why you shouldn't drag your series out to this level; a game insultingly short and uncreative compared to the other entries. The weapons have as much impact as looking at your enemies and aren't fun to use at all, theSay what you will about other Sony mascots like Jak and Daxter or Sly Cooper, but at least they knew how to actually end. Ratchet and Clank:Nexus is just a reminder for why you shouldn't drag your series out to this level; a game insultingly short and uncreative compared to the other entries. The weapons have as much impact as looking at your enemies and aren't fun to use at all, the story's attempts to be frightening are laughable (I know it's a kids game but you can at least try), and of course, there's audio logs voice acted by whoever was around that are either Insomniac's lack of self awareness to how contrived the plot is or yodeling "What the hell is exposition, some kind of vegetable?!"
    Supposedly this is the last game in the RaC series. If it is, I'm going to be even more depressed than I was playing this miserable kick to the ribs this game is to the series as a whole. It was so ready to end by A Crack In Time, but no, they had to drag it out to make three more games that were all painfully mediocre compared to the original trilogy, or even the Future trilogy. I felt like Conan the Barbarian watching his village burn down while playing this game; except instead of a village, it was the childhood memories I have for the original trilogy. If you must spend £25 on something, spend it on the Trilogy Collection for the PS3; even if there are some graphical oddities in it, it's much more worth your time than this boring, un-scary pile of cat waste.
  20. Jun 15, 2014
    FINALLY! A return to form for the Ratchet series. After the horrible 'spin-offs' "All 4 One" and "Full Frontal Assault", R&C are finally back in this cool little adventure. Although it does feel like a shorter game, like a hybrid between a full Ratchet experience like "Tools of Destruction" and a mini-adventure like "Quest for Booty", it's still a great game. Insomniac have said this willFINALLY! A return to form for the Ratchet series. After the horrible 'spin-offs' "All 4 One" and "Full Frontal Assault", R&C are finally back in this cool little adventure. Although it does feel like a shorter game, like a hybrid between a full Ratchet experience like "Tools of Destruction" and a mini-adventure like "Quest for Booty", it's still a great game. Insomniac have said this will be the last game in the 'Future' series and that really makes me sad, because all of the main games in this series have been fantastic... it's just a shame they spent so many years creating those horrible mini-game spin offs instead of working on great entries like this. Expand
  21. Dec 19, 2013
    Amazing game, classic Ratchet & Clank Action Adventure Platformer with RPG elements. A complete weapon arsenal with upgrades and level ups as previous games.
    A beautifully crafted story with great characters.
    The musical score for the game is really good as well.
  22. Apr 25, 2014
    The ratchet and clank series went all wrong when all 4 one came out i mean seriously i love the original ratchet and clank games and the future series as well but when i'm playing into the nexus or q force or all 4 one i feel like a 4 year old i guess that's because of the graphics why did they change that ratchet looks like a he's 5 years the graphics used to be good like a crack in timeThe ratchet and clank series went all wrong when all 4 one came out i mean seriously i love the original ratchet and clank games and the future series as well but when i'm playing into the nexus or q force or all 4 one i feel like a 4 year old i guess that's because of the graphics why did they change that ratchet looks like a he's 5 years the graphics used to be good like a crack in time and the story ass well i mean it's been 4 years since they made a good ratchet and clank 4 years time is enough time to realise that the new games are just bad.
    into the nexus is the best from these 3 but is too short i hear people say 8 hour game ones you have beaten it and play it again it takes about 2 to 3 hours.
  23. Feb 14, 2014
    This game is far better than the previous 2 games in the Ratchet and Clank series that branched off to new concepts such as co-op and whatever. This is a welcome return to the classic Ratchet and Clank formula in a cheaper, shorter but still great package.

It has a great sense of humour, awesome weapons, good characters and some interesting settings. It isn't particularly difficult

It isn't particularly difficult even on the hardest difficulty.
    Clanks Netherverse segments are fun
    Even with its short story, there is still alot of features present from other R&C games such as arenas and the less fun 'collect the valuable from large monster and/or skeleton.

This is a great game that makes up for its shortness with a €30 price tag, other downloable short, Quest for Booty and plain fun.
  24. Jan 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. [Condensed]

Into the Nexus doesn’t change the formula up too much, but manages to stay fresh and fun, even without the changes in pace and with a slightly shorter, less challenging experience as a whole. There’s one thing for certain, and that’s that you are definitely going to enjoy your experience, and be impatient until the inevitable next-generation sequel drops sometime in the future as well…

Concept: Use the series’ strong points to craft another adventure, this time returning to the classic formula that made it all possible to begin with. Not the strongest in the series, but far from the worst it has to offer in terms of gameplay and story features. There are plenty of side missions and extras to find as well, increasing replay value across the board.

Graphics: The same graphical designs show up, and they look as great as ever. Some textures may seem a little muddy as the explosions increase, but the level of physical damage shown on screen balances this out and is quite impressive as ever.

Sound: From the humming of your arsenal of weapons and gadgets to the musical soundtrack, the game sounds fun and exciting throughout.

Playability: The controls are unchanged for the most part, largely because they have always been one of the strongest points of the game, and that remains the case in this instance as well. The exploration is fun and interesting, especially in Clank’s segments, and the combat is fast-paced and exciting as usual.

Entertainment: They could’ve maybe done a little bit more with the game in terms of story, but you can’t get much better than the action-heavy and puzzle-solving content that they’ve got to offer you this time around. It’s a well-rounded sequel all in all.

Replay Value: High.

Overall Score: 8.5
  25. Nov 14, 2013
    Definately what defines a 'short and sweet' game, Game is absolutely brilliant, only problems are the ending isn't worthy of R&C, but still brilliant, and the game length, a must play for R&C fans.
  26. Nov 14, 2013
    Amazing game, i love how the series has evolved from first meeting the two of them, and now i'm here, controlling ratchet & clank in a future universe. Into the nexus got everything i'm asking for, new weapons, new worlds, and of course a new story. Great job Insomniac!
  27. Nov 17, 2013
    What a great way to end a series (for now).
    I was 14 when I played the first Ratchet & Clank. Now I am 25 and this game really gives me the same feelings.
    Okay, we have seen most of the gameplay before in previous games but it works really well in this one. Game is rather short, give or take 5 to 6 hours, but there is replay value to be found here. But we all knew this since it is a
    What a great way to end a series (for now).

Game is rather short, give or take 5 to 6 hours, but there is replay value to be found here. But we all knew this since it is a cheaper priced game. I do notice framerate drops when the game is pouring enemies on the screen. This could be since I have a Playstation from launchdate.

Other than that: looks great, sounds great, feels great!

Hope to see more from Insomniac on the PS4!
  28. Nov 25, 2013
    Its another good ratchet and clank game though I hope by has to be coming someday ps4 game they try to do more new types of gameplay for the series. (A cross over with Jak and daxter would do it wonders) they have a lot of ratchet and clank games at this point.

IT is on the same level as a "crack and time" and that game much improved over "tools of destruction". so anybody that enjoyed past games would enjoy this one. it is also one of the best looking games on the ps3 and would give Knack on the ps4 a run for it's money. It also plays better than knack so If you wanted Knack I would stick with a ps3 and just buy this game.
  29. Jan 8, 2014
    This game is awesome, if you liked any of the previous games in this series then you'll love this one too. After playing Tools of Destruction and A Crack in Time, the controlls were a bit awkward for me, but after a while they work out perfectly. The story and the characters are OK, the humour and the jokes are hilarious at times, despite the darker tone of this installment. The weaponsThis game is awesome, if you liked any of the previous games in this series then you'll love this one too. After playing Tools of Destruction and A Crack in Time, the controlls were a bit awkward for me, but after a while they work out perfectly. The story and the characters are OK, the humour and the jokes are hilarious at times, despite the darker tone of this installment. The weapons kick ass, but I ended up not using every single one like in the previous games because they weren't as useful like the others. The levels are quite expansive, even though the game as a whole is a bit short, but at that price tag it's not that bad. I'd recommend this game to everyone who has a PS3 and enjoys Jump & Runs and Shooters and doesn't mind the childish style of this game. Expand
  30. Dec 2, 2013
    This game is an Amazing game, i love how the series has evolved from first meeting the two of them, and now i'm here, controlling ratchet & clank in a future universe. Into the nexus has got everything i'm asking for, new weapons, new worlds, and of course a new story. Great job Insomniac!
  31. Jan 1, 2014
    The game feels... Incomplete, rushed.
    It feels Insomniac did a so-so job with this title as a means to follow the 'Call of Duty Formula,' crank out another game with same mechanics, just weapons and maps. Another problem I've had with this game are the lack of levels; There are 4 levels or planets and a planet dedicated to the arena. The game feels short in this sense and
    The game feels... Incomplete, rushed.

Another problem I've had with this game are the lack of levels; There are 4 levels or planets and a planet dedicated to the arena. The game feels short in this sense and the story feels as if it was slapped together using craft glue, construction paper and glitter. Though I don't feel that way entirely, the story is interesting, however it does feel like a last minute effort.

Miss the Insomniac Museum.

Last negative view are the glitches; going back through in an attempt to get the platinum trophy 'Pride of Fastoon,' there were a few bugs I've noticed that either Insomniac didn't Iron out or overlooked.

-If you go to the Nether challenges in Challenge mode, and leave to go to the arena, you can't get in. The arena literally just blocks you out from even reaching its sub-menu.

-When equipped with the RYNO, if you shoot a boss enemy like a Gargathorn, or Neftin before their health bar shows up, it's an instant kill before damage applies, Even with the Omni Blasters and Plasma Slayer.

-When leaving a planet, Rachet gets stuck in place on the ground as the screen transitions out when the ship departs.

Though the story feels rushed, I do like it. 2 new villains with a past similar to Rachets. No previous family to grow up with, except Rachet had his father for a few years before death. Both abandoned by their race in their current dimension and some Nostalgia, comparing Vendra and what she is now to Rachet from the first game on the PS2, angry and straight to the point. Thinking about it, Rachet could have become this evil and ambitious as she is to find he race or family, if not for Clank to keep him on the road to do the right thing.

The main reason the story feels short and rushed in my opinion is because the true intention of the Antagonist's was revealed a little too soon. With Nefarious, most of the plots in the games he stars in don't 'fully' reveal until about 2 or 3 levels later and even then it shows the trouble Nefarious has to go through to reach his goals to accomplish his schemes. This sort of pattern repeats in previous games except in Deadlocked; Where the villain, Dread, only performs his schemes to make some quick bolts.

The mechanic where you experiment with gravity is still impressive in a sense, however I feel that if Insomniac wanted to experiment using more of this mechanic, they should have tried coming up with more space levels to use it or an underwater level where there is Zero-Gravity

Aside from the return of a few weapons like the Warmonger and Omni Blasters, I do like a few of the other weapons that were designed. The Nightmare Box, scaring the opponents out of their wits, the Winterizer, Nether glove, Black Hole Grenades and other new weapons to the arsenal, I actually enjoyed. I still miss having the Groovatron Glove, making Tachyon and Nefarious Dance while feeding them a round of bullets from the RYNO.

Design of the Armor, Arena Challenges and the design of the level for Planet Silox I enjoyed, though the levels feel like they're missing obstacles, like wall kick-jumping.

I also love the chip tune version of the menu music that plays when you unlock Challenge mode.

I give the game a 7 of 10.
    Key Negative:
    -The story was rushed and executed poorly, lack of extended game play and amount of hours spent playing the game with a few bugs. Could have done more in the comic relief department, where Qwark could have screwed something up. Should have made the levels more explorable for just 5 short planets. Could have done a better job for a Grand Finale.

Key Positive:
    -Was $30, included free download of Quest for Booty, voice acting was done very well, Story was may have been rushed but is still very enjoyable. Still retains a little sense humor. Hard mode lives up to it's name and remains challenging. Platinum Trophy is easy to obtain if you can handle 7 play-through's of find Gold Bolts and upgrading all weapons in your Arsenal to level 6.
  32. Feb 21, 2014
    I completed this game in 3 hours, regardless it is is a great game with a great storyline, but isn't near as good arsenal or full frontal assault. But if your aren't as good as playing games I would get this game but you do need to have played the previous game to get this game but it is still a bit disappointing that it isn't up to there usual standards.If you are only thinking of playingI completed this game in 3 hours, regardless it is is a great game with a great storyline, but isn't near as good arsenal or full frontal assault. But if your aren't as good as playing games I would get this game but you do need to have played the previous game to get this game but it is still a bit disappointing that it isn't up to there usual standards.If you are only thinking of playing Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal, I would would give it 10/10 for its high quality standards. Expand
  33. Jun 2, 2014
    Another fun game as usual with the ratchet series, i just couldn't get over the 30fps compared to all the other 60fps entries, including the ps2 remakes, it took away from the shine and polish the series is known for. great $30 game non the less, but easily on the bottom end of the series.
  34. Aug 31, 2014
    Oh my god, ratchet and clank #100? If you played the first one, then you played them all, nothing new. Guess if you have kids they would think it's a new game, but if your an adult I would say go buy a real PS3 game or throw away your PS3 and buy a WiiU, because all of it's games are like this.

Eight hour game that has same graphics, gameplay, etc yet it takes up 8+ gigs. No reason for it, just go buy the cheapest ratchet and clank game that you can find, and all of a sudden you will have every ratchet and clank game that has been made. Nothing new since the first game. This game is boring to all except children and non gamers.
  35. Nov 21, 2014
    After Insomniac takes a few detours with the R&C franchise (all of which I consider to be really fun games anyway) they go back to the traditional gameplay. Yes they only made this a half length adventure but it's also half the price. When it comes down to it Ratchet and Clank has always been fun and witty, this game is no exception. Without a doubt the best part of this game is the museumAfter Insomniac takes a few detours with the R&C franchise (all of which I consider to be really fun games anyway) they go back to the traditional gameplay. Yes they only made this a half length adventure but it's also half the price. When it comes down to it Ratchet and Clank has always been fun and witty, this game is no exception. Without a doubt the best part of this game is the museum at the end. If you have played every single R&C game like I have, or even most of them, the museum is the perfect tribute. Since it is the last game on the PS3 it gives you a few specific tid bits to remember from every single game they have created for the franchise. R&C has never disappointed me and I expect big things out of the franchise for the PS4! Expand
  36. Dec 20, 2014
    Ratchet & Clank is a great PlayStation exclusive. The latest installment, Into The Nexus (or Nexus), is short, but the RYNO VI is the destroyer of worlds.

1. Feb 24, 2014
    An underwhelming conclusion for Sony’s duo on the PlayStation 3. It’s a fine game; it’s pretty, it’s got the series’ trademark weaponry, and yet, it’s just another Ratchet game.
  2. Jan 23, 2014
    A fitting miniature to end this generation. [Issue#143, p.106]
  3. Jan 14, 2014
    The final episode of the PS3 Ratchet & Clank chapter is more of a small game than a fully-fledged one. Considering its purchase cost is adequate along with the overall game's intensity, it is a perfect ending of another period of Lombax' colorful life. Moreover, there's a bonus on the disc, Quest for Booty, an old but totally awesome mini installment certainly worthy of your attention. So get cracking!