8.8

1. Apr 2, 2012
    Its Game of the Year, so get it. It has all the DLC and fun of the normal version, but this is the complete experience. Red Dead is one of the best games of the generation.
  2. Apr 14, 2017
    Red Dead Redemption is a masterpiece, clearly one of Rockstar Games’ greatest titles. It is a game that excels in every aspect: the gameplay, the story, the world and the atmosphere, the art design, the graphics, the online multiplayer… everything in this game is excellently done.

The game takes the player to an expansive and wonderfully recreated 1910’s USA-Mexico border. If there’s one thing where Rockstar’s sandboxes always stand out, it is how the world feels incredibly real and believable. Everything, from the landscapes themselves, to the crazy amount of detail present in every town and settlement, the realistic behavior of NPCs, the animals that populate the wilderness, the random events that you will encounter every now and then… everything sums up to make the world of Red Dead Redemption a place where you’ll want to spend countless hours playing.

The story is also very good. John Marston is a fantastic character, and the antagonist are great as well. Sadly, I found some of the characters to be a bit uninteresting. But overall, the plot in Red Dead Redemption is very well carried out, and the ending is just epic. The game plays in a similar way to GTA, in the sense that you have to do missions for different characters in order to progress. Most of the missions were good and satisfying, and they also help you get even more immersed in the game’s world. Also, the sidequests are particularly good and engaging.

The gameplay in RDR is very solid. John controls similarly to a GTA character, but given the setting of the game, he has access to a lot of things from that time and place. Riding horses and carriages, using a lasso, hunting, clearing gang’s hideouts, helping the town’s folks patrolling the place, being a bounty hunter, having a honor stat… RDR really takes advantage of its setting to expand on its gameplay.

The online multiplayer is also a great addition to RDR. Whether it’s fooling around with a friend in free mode, playing deathmatches with other people, doing the super epic coop missions, or my favorite online mode, undead overrun, RDR’s online will keep you busy for a long time. It managed to keep me busy for a long time, and I never play online multiplayer modes.

The overwhelming quality and attention to detail elevate Red Dead Redemption far above most of its contemporaries. I definitely suggest you to pick the GOTY Edition, because the DLCs are all great additions to the base game, especially Undead Nightmare, one of the best DLCs I’ve ever played. So in all, this is a must have game, clearly one of the greatest titles of the last times. Whether you care about western themes or not really doesn’t matter at all; If you enjoy open world games, you are going to love Red Dead Redemption, and it will provide you dozens of hours of quality entertainment.

Score: 9.5
  3. Nov 14, 2011
    I rented this game a year ago and I fell in love with it's storyline, atmosphere and oooh my god the music is spot on!! When I found out about the game of the year edition I didn't even think twice. It almost magically found it's way to my PS3. The game is so freaking long which I'm loving it ;) and if you get tired of roaming Mexico, the Old West or the dangerous white mountains, you canI rented this game a year ago and I fell in love with it's storyline, atmosphere and oooh my god the music is spot on!! When I found out about the game of the year edition I didn't even think twice. It almost magically found it's way to my PS3. The game is so freaking long which I'm loving it ;) and if you get tired of roaming Mexico, the Old West or the dangerous white mountains, you can turn your eye to blasting the waves of zombies that are overunning the towns and pastures from Red Dead Redemption.

WORTH EVERY CENT
    GREETINGS FROM MEXICO
  4. Apr 13, 2017
    this game is one of the best i've played definitely one of the must play for the previous gen of consoles really good open world and really great story the Undead Nightmare was really good too
  5. Dec 5, 2011
    My favorite game ever. The beautiful landscapes offer you much adventure in side missions, story missions and a lot of other challenges and jobs. Good graphics, only negative thing is that it takes long to load. This game is so big, with about 20 horses and a lot of different guns and other items. With this version you also get all of the DLC, including Undead Nightmare. if your done withMy favorite game ever. The beautiful landscapes offer you much adventure in side missions, story missions and a lot of other challenges and jobs. Good graphics, only negative thing is that it takes long to load. This game is so big, with about 20 horses and a lot of different guns and other items. With this version you also get all of the DLC, including Undead Nightmare. if your done with SP, there's also a wonderful MP. Expand
  6. Sep 11, 2015
    Great package both games to the absolute evaluation is missing only a small step. From this great themes such as the Wild West is not much in the gaming industry uses (perhaps recalling another great game GUN series Call of Juarez), it could squeeze after all just more. The story is perfectly written but the side quests lose in such a huge world of breath. where are the Indians, robbingGreat package both games to the absolute evaluation is missing only a small step. From this great themes such as the Wild West is not much in the gaming industry uses (perhaps recalling another great game GUN series Call of Juarez), it could squeeze after all just more. The story is perfectly written but the side quests lose in such a huge world of breath. where are the Indians, robbing banks etc. But these are just minor stupidity on the part of such a phenomenal way the RDR. Expand
  7. Mar 3, 2012
    Possibly one of the best games ever. this stylish western had me playing it for hundreds of hours. My recomendation? go out and buy this game now!!!!
  8. Nov 24, 2015
    I rediscovered this game for my PS3 (played it before at 2010 on Xbox) and still loving the story, the characters, the music. Everything is perfect in this game and it offers a hard level for getting 100% trophies.

There are no critic reviews yet.