8.7

1. Nov 7, 2011
    This game is incredible. Interaction with the old west has never been better. Great graphics, realistic areas, unique gameplay, and just the right difficulty. This is the best western game ever created.
  2. Apr 16, 2012
    Red Dead Redemption is a game that gets everything right: The script, the acting, the atmosphere, the game mechanics and most importantly the emotional connection. There have been few games that have moved me quite like RDR. It's ending is a masterstroke of subtlety, which is something you rarely see from gaming. If you play the game as it was intended (like a hero and not a GTAIV thug), it has a contemplative, lilting tone that stays with you long after the credits have rolled. Red Dead Redemption is a true adult gaming classic; mature, well written and with a huge heart. Basically speaking, it's one of the best games that I've ever played. Expand
  3. Apr 23, 2011
    rockstar takes the GTA formula and adds it to a western game and i feel they have improved it. i wasnt to impressed with GTA4 but this game did . it deffinitly captures that western feel with some nice graphics , solid voice acting , a ok story that can be intresting some times and dull other times. its a fun sand box game and im glad to see they fixed the whole police chasing stuff down to where they all arnt crazy maniacs chasing you down relentlessly non stop like in the GTA games . the game took me about 30 hours to finish and there is alot of bonus stuff you can do . there is a pretty solid selection of wepons you can use . the cover system is decent and i found the aiming abit of a chore and took me awhile to get use to it. the game is also alittle buggy and glitchy i didnt find any of it really game breaking . i had 1 freeze up and a few other things happen. all in all RDR was a real fun game i havent tried the online yet and want to down load the undead nightmare DLC but PSN is down but i have heard it alot of fun so looking foward to it. Expand
  4. Apr 2, 2012
    Recently, I'm playing the PS3 version for one of the best games from these generations and what I can say it's that, I didn't find any problem at all in the single-player (glitches , technical problems , or playability difficulties ) . In simple words, Red Dead Redemption is another master piece brought to you by the folks from Rockstar , without a doubt is a definitive tittle to your library.
  5. Jul 18, 2013
    There have been tried and failed attempts to modernise the Western setting for video games, Hollywood had quite the hype with its over abundance of Spaghetti Westerns, yet they never truly left their mark on the gaming world. But when Rockstar announced that they would be creating a "spiritual sequel" to Red Dead Revolver, the air became ripe with anticipation at the thought of the developers of the hugely popular Grand Theft Auto series. Many began to assume that the game would be "Grand Theft Horses" yet while many of the gameplay elements of GTA come across to this Western genre, the statement couldn't be further from the truth.
    In true Western style, Red Dead Redemption captures all the glory, guts and gallantry that we have come to know from countless films and pop culture. Combining a fascinating yet heartbreaking story centred around the outlaw turned neutral cowboy John Marston, a man who wants to right his past wrongs and settle down with his family...easier said than done.
    As we are introduced to our protagonist, we also get a glimpse of the massive, sprawling and beautiful frontier we will soon get to explore at will. Every mechanic is polished to the point of near-perfection, whether you want to go out capture bounties or simply kill them, you can target various body parts or even shoot their hats off, the attention to detail is really quite mesmerising, from the vibrant wildlife to the inhabitants of the various towns, watching drunken men stagger home or watching women being chased and choosing whether to intervene or not. Much of this decision making takes place throughout the game, you could be the most villainous man to walk the prairie or be a legend and hero in the west, whatever you please and however you see fit.
    With this comes the very realistic gameplay approach that Rockstar have become accustomed to, horses move and gallop in a very realistic motion, they have stamina like the rest of us, the gunfights and shooting mechanics have come a long away since GTA IV, combining fluid and fast-paced style with enjoyable and simplistic ease. This works brilliantly with expansive world that Rockstar have created, with vast expanses of detailed deserts or snowy mountaintops filled with all sorts of wildlife that can be killed and skinned for money, or which contribute to contribute to upgrading the wardrobe of Marston. The open world and freedom comes into play in force as you can play a shoot em' up style by killing everything in site, or save damsels and men being chased by wild dogs, why not help the local sheriff clear out s gang hideout or be in it for yourself and max out your character until you see fit.
    In terms of the story, it can feel a little forced and sometimes lacking in surprise, with many objectives consisting of learning the ropes if surviving the Wild West, sometime when a mission seems over, it keeps going, and many of the decisions John Marston makes can directly oppose the personality they he has been moulded in. But this does indeed take a drastic turn in the closing moments of the story, a triumph amongst video game endings that sits among the best finales ever seen.
    The game delivers a homage and callback to pretty much everything we have come to know about the Old West, the taverns, the horseback, the beautiful horizon, the duels in the muddy street with a brave onlooker, and the beauty of the place may just sit with you, in awe and amazement and general satisfaction for another success for Rockstar.
    Whether you are veteran in the GTA universe or a fan of the Westerns of yesteryear, Red Dead Redemption brings everything to the table, giving the player ultimate freedom and endless capabilities to roam the massive frontier, it's safe to say that this could well be a masterpiece, and from a personal level a true triumph in gaming and quite possibly among the greatest.
  6. Jan 22, 2013
    First of all Rockstar finally made a better game than Grand Theft Auto since i was addicted GTA. But this really standed out in the Hall of Fame. The best Rockstar game since Grand Theft Auto IV.
  7. Jul 21, 2012
    An amazing setting, Red Dead Redemption is one of the best games that I have played. Fantastic graphics, awesome gameplay and realistic sound effects. This game has everything and with over 30 hours of game time, this is a game which is well worth your money. Thought towards the end, riding on a horse was becoming slightly tiresome but that was only because of the huge sandbox map.
  8. ERB
    Nov 30, 2013
    Red Dead Redemption is one of the games in the PS3 console we will always remember.The game looks so real and the graphics in this game is beautiful.The world in this game huge and it is fun adventuring the whole world of red dead redemption.The horses in this game looks awesome and I love riding the horses in this game.It is fun!You can also go to bars and drink beer.After you drink so many beers your character will go drunk which is funny.The guns in this game is also cool and my favorite gun is the Mauser Pistol"The Mauser Pistol is a gun from Germany".There are just not one country here but there are two in this game.You can adventure America And Mexico.I'll give the graphics in this game a score of 3/3 and the world of Red Dead Redemption a score of 2/2.

The game play in this game is fun.There is this new bullet time"Like Max Payne"which is called the Dead Eye.The dead eye allows you to not get any damage while Dead Eye is active.The Dead Eye also allows you to put an x marks on the enemy and when you shot with your gun the bullets are fired on where you put x marks on the enemy.The Dead Eye is so cool.It is fun playing in an open world game especially when you are in the Wild West.The game play is fun and I love It!The game play gets a score of 2/2.

The most important thing in this game is the story.The story of John Marston begins when the law captured John's family and the law told him to kill the criminals whom they are John's formal gang mates and friends.The friends he had before are notorious criminals.Now John is forced to pick up his guns and kill who the law are asking him to kill.The story of Red Dead Redemption is interesting and the ending in this game is so touching that it really made me cry in a good way.I love this game Red Dead Redemption is a legendary game for the PS3.Thank you Rockstar for making this game.This game is incredible.We all love this game.I'm giving the story of this game a score of 3/3.Combine all the scores for this game and It gets a 10/10!This game is legendary and I recommend you people to buy this game now and try playing it.I promise you people you will love this game.Rockstar please make a sequel for Red Dead Redemption.I love this game.I love Red Dead Redemption.
  9. Mar 12, 2013
    If you want open world game with great western adventures, cool multiplayer, great graphics and .e.t.c. Then you should get this amazing game without no doubt!
  10. Jan 21, 2011
    Rockstar may be well known for their Grand Theft Auto series, but Red Dead Redemption is the game to remember the company by. The game feels much more complete, engaging, open, and fun than GTAIV. Everything you do in the single player is a ton of fun. From the tasks such as hunting and games, to saving civilians and doing other side objectives. not only that, but the multiplayer is outstanding, with fantastic DLC and an awesome open world setting. I can go on for hours about why this game is awesome, but do I really need to? You absolutely must go out and buy this game! Expand
  11. Nov 19, 2013
    Un gran juego, no mucho de mi gusto pero no esta mal, aun asi, lo recomiendo, pero me da pena que se centre mas en el online que en el modo historia, aun asi me gusto bastante el juego y estando a 40€ pues...si podeis pillaroslo, hacedlo ^^ no os arrepintireis, esta muy bien el juego de verdad, destacaria mucho que es un sandbox muy grande, pero aun asi, no se si merece la pena para los no muy amantes del juego y mas encima viniendo con el de zombis ^^ Expand
  12. Oct 18, 2010
    This is not just GTA with horses. Red Dead Redemption isn't a good game, its a great game. Definitely feels like something worthy of game of the year, and is definitely Rockstar's best title ever. An open world western setting with tons of innovation and new ideas with great voice acting to go with great story telling. Graphically wise everything looks very good also and with tons of extra side content in the game this is one that could hold you over for a while. Expand
  13. Feb 24, 2012
    What a GREAT game! , i dont know why some people hate it, its an AMAZING game, I recommend everyone to buy it especially if you like open world/action games
  14. Feb 24, 2012
    Let me just say this: Red Dead Redemption is an AMAZING game! , i dont know why some people hate it, i honestly think its one of the best games this gen, I recommend everyone to buy it especially if you like open world/action games
  15. Nov 29, 2012
    The ending of this game was so epic, i almost cried (seriously), i finished it more or less at 00:00 and i couldn't sleep thinking on John Marston. This game is what i call masterpiece. the environment, the interactivity, the hunting and every aspect on this game were epic. I didn't expected less from RockStar since they gave us GTA that game that every played one played for his cheats and a lot of hours of fun. The story of this game was excellent, one of the best i have ever saw in video games. One of the best games on ps3 and a perfect multiplayer. Just "EPIC" and congratulations RockStar! Expand
  16. Sep 28, 2013
    Mi segunda compañía favorita de videojuegos es Rockstar, y con una sólida razón: sus juegos son impresionantes y hechos con suma importancia para que el público haga buen uso de ellos y gusten, y entre esos juegos se encuentra "Red Dead Redemption", un juego totalmente impresionante que, como todos sabemos es otra joya en el gran nido de Rockstar. Es un juego totalmente completo y digno de ser comprado y experimentar el lejano oeste como nunca antes lo has hecho. Expand
  17. May 9, 2013
    This is the best game that i have ever played! Period! Red Dead Redemption nails absolutely everything! Everything about this game is absolutely epic: from the amazing story, the awesome characters, the spectacular graphics and atmosphere, all the way to an outstanding multiplayer and co-op modes! Red Dead Redemption will most likely continue to be the best game i've ever played all the way up until the next Red Dead game! Expand
  18. Dec 6, 2012
    I don't give it a 10 just because it's not perfect and I would never grade it above MGS but it sure is one of the best games out there, sometimes it does seems boring but it's the Old West what did you expect there weren't many things to do at the time!! but all the mini games and all the missions are so cool, every hour spend on this game it was fun. How about killing a wild beast pealing their skin and sell it at the store!!! how cool is that!! This is A MUST on your PS3 games collection. Expand
  19. Jul 6, 2011
    Red Dead Redemption is basically GTA4, but set in the Wild West and you can be a good guy or bad guy. I was never a fan of cowboy movies but the story was epic. I will not tell you anything about the story, but that it was epic. I still can't believe what happened. I don't care if this sounds nerdy but John Marston is one of my video game role models. Now on with the gameplay. Just think "GTA Wild West Town". Your character feels flexible and you have great gameplay mechanics. The world was so huge I actually got lost (and mauled by a bear). Online is epic (again I can't tell you, you have to experience it). Now a question that always hangs, GTA4 or this? If you want to be a good guy, go for RDR. If you want a modern setting, go for GTA4. Simple as that. But just remember that you get your money's worth in this game. Epic story, epic gameplay, epic online. Get this game. Expand
  20. Apr 28, 2011
    Completed this game just today. A magnificent game that improves over GTA 4 in every possible way. The graphics look more detailed, the gameplay is better and there are far more weapons to be messing about with. My only complaint is that the ending was rushed and I was let down due to the fact that the game felt much shorter than GTA 4.
  21. Oct 14, 2012
    The best game i've ever played. The best story ever told in a video game, the environment of the wild west portrayed to perfection, an open world experience like no other and John Marston is one of the best characters ever made in a video game. The multiplayer is good but the controls could be better in my opinion, but who cares! The rest is absolutely perfect. 100%.
  22. Apr 27, 2011
    9.5/10 = Incredible = Despite a few bugs this game is seriously great!! Great world, great atmosphere.
  23. Jan 18, 2013
    If you hate this game you're not a gamer, simple as that. No, I'm not a Rockstar fanboy but it's really so goddamn obvious that Red Dead Redemption is the best game this gen, by far and that is a fact.
  24. May 18, 2012
    this game was a masterpiece. from beginning to end, I loved every second of it. I loved that you actually had to hunt, the characters, the story line, side missions, everything basically. I feel this game is a must buy, because it is so diverse and entertaining. I want RDR 2!
  25. Nov 11, 2010
    Having played all the GTA series I was anxious to get this game. It is a truly absorbing and atmospheric game , expansive and enthralling. However one can't help feeling that because GTA exists it never fully feels 'new' and because of that the impact is lost a little. If you have never really played GTA go for this straight off, you wont be dissappointed. Even if you have GTA I would recommend. Its a superb game. The game is worth playing just for the wow factor of looking at the views and listening to the wildlife. Id put it close to GTA but not quite a GTA 4 beater. Expand
  26. Sep 16, 2011
    This game has the one thing that kept GTA IV away from erfect score - unique, uncharted world that has never existed in videogame. Plus fantastic heroes, plot and all game mechanisms.
  27. Jun 1, 2013
    I have never played a better western game. How they got all the elements right is beyond me. The horse riding, gunplay, environment and game mechanics deliver a truly western gaming legend. Absolute proof that Rockstar has what it takes to make the next GTA and RDR as good as we want it to be and much more.
  28. Feb 12, 2012
    Fantastic game by Rockstar. The PS2 Red Dead Revolver I believe has a better story line than Red Dead Redemption. I enjoyed the weapons, enemies, and over all plot. I like the ending which had an excellent twist. I believe this is a solid title with plenty of extras that will keep you coming back for more.
  29. Jun 19, 2013
    One of the best games ever made for the PS3. Beautiful, fun, characters are great, open world, great story. So much better than GTA IV (thought GTA IV characters and stories were lacking). But in short, this is a must have for any person that owns a PS3.
  30. Oct 30, 2012
    This is actually the first Rockstar game that i have even finished ! And i have finished it at 100%... twice ! If you ever dream to be a cowboy, this game will let you do everything a cowboy can do ! You can play poker, start a fight in a bar, catch someone with a lasso and drag him with your horse and much more. The story is great, the ending epic and there is a lot of things to do ! Really a great game ! Expand

1. The game perfectly captures the expansiveness of frontier life and the gritty gunplay of spaghetti westerns, rightfully earning its place alongside the great Western films and the best Rockstar games. [Issue#206, p.86]
  2. Rockstar's skill in creating a believable, functioning world with a distinct, coherent and consistent atmosphere is peerless. The broad-brush vision is masterful.
  3. Red Dead Redemption is a masterpiece. This game is the perfect example of how a developer should work to create the best atmosphere and to represent a beautiful historical situation. The graphics, the gameplay elements and everything else is at top level. Buy Red Dead Redemption, now!