7.3

1. Mar 29, 2014
    Despite being a flawed game it is surprising to see a game of such vision come from a new developer as their first game. There are countless triple-A developers who don't release titles with this sort of originality. There are some truly great and compelling ideas at work here, but unfortunately the core gameplay doesn't hold up.

By far my favorite part about this game is it's world and

By far my favorite part about this game is it's world and story. It's fantastic to see a strong female protagonist in gaming again. It's still far too rare that we get to see one anymore, especially one this likable. The characters and story are incredibly well written and backed by a nice soundtrack and top-notch voice acting. The graphics are also very well done. It's not always the prettiest game out there, but it can still hold it's own against other games on the system. The graphics really bring the world to life and make it one you want to explore, which is why it is disappointing that everything is so linear.

So while presentation and setting are top-notch, the gameplay is sadly lacking. There are some truly genius moments and mechanics here. The sequences where you remix memories are a blast and there are some truly great puzzles. Customizing combos with different effects and abilities is just plain genius and something I would like to see in more games. Unfortunately despite the really good and cool things here the majority of the gameplay is comprised of lackluster combat and platforming. the whole game plays out as a linear brawler, and while customizing combos is cool the actual combat isn't. It's entertaining on a basic level, and it can get pretty entertaining when you are juggling several different enemies that each require a different strategy to take out, but for the majority of the game it is just mindless button mashing against dull enemies. Platforming is unfortunately worse. It's stiff, slow, and just no fun. The platforming borrows from better games like Uncharted, but ultimately doesn't feel as fluid or fun.

The game is sadly flawed. There are some truly genius ideas here that I would like to see expanded upon in a sequel or another game with better combat and platforming systems. Still, despite my disappointment with the overall game I have to say I think it is a flawed gem and DONTNOD Entertainment has impressed me with this one. They are definitely a developer I am going to be keeping my eye on, because it's clear they have some excellent as well as original ideas and know how to tell a good story.
  2. Jun 5, 2013
    An underrated game, DontNod Entertainment has created a beautifully crafted sci fi adventure. The detail to this world is mezmorizing. While the combat can get repetitive, I enjoyed the unique craft your own combo system and special powers. Its an astonishing accomplishment that such a game can arise from a first time developer with no previous triple A games under their belt.An underrated game, DontNod Entertainment has created a beautifully crafted sci fi adventure. The detail to this world is mezmorizing. While the combat can get repetitive, I enjoyed the unique craft your own combo system and special powers. Its an astonishing accomplishment that such a game can arise from a first time developer with no previous triple A games under their belt. Everything about the game is solid...not amazing, but gets the job done so it doesnt infere with unraveling the story which is the focus of the game. Remember Me works very well as a cinematic gameplay experience. The platforming, puzzles, and combat fit nicely into the game. The main attractions of this game no doubt though are the amazing environments crafted within this sci fi world. Remember me is a game that gets better and better as it progresses, with the combat becoming more fun as you unlock new powers. While the story didn't blow me away, going through it certainly was fun. I would recommend this game to anyone who enjoys a linear cinematic story-driven gameplay experience! Expand
  3. Dec 20, 2014
    There is never enough of high quality intelligent sci-fi titles in a video game industry and this is certainly one of them. I feel it draws the inspiration from some sci-fi classics such as P.K Dick's Total Recall and that's always a good place to draw inspiration from. At first it doesn't look like much, the start of the game is really slow, ugly environments of dirty slums, clunkyThere is never enough of high quality intelligent sci-fi titles in a video game industry and this is certainly one of them. I feel it draws the inspiration from some sci-fi classics such as P.K Dick's Total Recall and that's always a good place to draw inspiration from. At first it doesn't look like much, the start of the game is really slow, ugly environments of dirty slums, clunky movement controls, it's very linear, but it gets better soon by the time you start exploring the streets of Neo-Paris. I love the world design and the atmosphere designers created here and it's all perfectly fitted with a really good electronic soundtrack that supports the atmosphere with all the various glitches, distortions, breakbeats and so on, I'm always happy to hear a good music work in games. The story is also really good, although it sinks into cliche quite often, especially characters and the "bosses", not to mention the boss fights are extremely annoying. The combat is a standard button masher ala Arkham Origins with the added option to mix your own combos, it worked fairly well for me. There are also some nice new ideas such as the memory remixing, where you can change the outcome of someones memories, really cool idea and even though the implementation into the gameplay was rather simplistic and only a few times in the game it was a nice addition. I had problems with some of the game design decisions such as constantly closing the path behind you, so you cannot go back and explore the previous parts of the level, which made searching for all the collectibles pretty annoying as you had to replay the entire level from the start. Another bad decision is the fact you cannot skip cut scenes and dialogs, especially in additional playthroughs it's extremely annoying to watch everything again and again. Make no mistake - this is not another Deus Ex with free world to explore, character to customize and level up to your liking, quests to do, paths to choose from or choices to make, I understand that people expecting this must have been disappointed and I would certainly welcome these upgrades in a potential sequel, this game is very linear and it's basically a platformer/combat button masher, very simplified, but still, the world design, atmosphere, music and some ideas such as memory remixing make it a really good sci-fi title that's definitely worth playing through. 7/10 Expand
  4. Jul 8, 2013
    An interest concept and plot marred by lackluster gameplay and execution. Had there simply been more freedom, the game would be a contender for game of the year.
  5. Jul 8, 2013
    Very cool, very sexy game. Lovely hero and setting. The Neo Paris of 2084 is gorgeous (it's a shame we don't get to explore it though). Remember Me is a very (VERY) linear game with a fake idea of liberty. You never choose your path, it's always predetermined (with an occasional turn here and there just to pick up collectibles). The graphics are beautiful (though not the best thisVery cool, very sexy game. Lovely hero and setting. The Neo Paris of 2084 is gorgeous (it's a shame we don't get to explore it though). Remember Me is a very (VERY) linear game with a fake idea of liberty. You never choose your path, it's always predetermined (with an occasional turn here and there just to pick up collectibles). The graphics are beautiful (though not the best this generation has seen) and the soundtrack is very atmospheric. The memory mix mini-game is very original too. It has a Blade Runner feel to me with the slums built around skyscrapers and stores with information shown on digital ads. Actually, this is a very nice game. My only complaint about it is about fighting. It's a CHORE... they should have double checked the fighting in this game before releasing it... it really doesn't fit. Especially when you face enemies that hurt you if you touch them. Expand
  6. Jun 8, 2013
    first of all let me say DAT ASS

first of all let me say DAT ASS

ok now for the review. its a pretty cool game with some neat ideas and a very beautiful art style to match. The combat is fun in that you can create your own combos even though you only get four combo sets in the game. the enemies are also punch sponges as in they just want go down easily. i was expecting the combat to be batman arkham city-esque but sadly it doesn't match up at all. its still fun and pretty enjoyable but not great or as fluid as i hoped. another downside is that this amazing city of neo paris is begging to be explored but is hardly exploited at all. i would have love to explored the city in a hub world or something. I like awesome games even if they're linear but this is TOO linear even though the game has a pretty long campaign. that's it. there are no incentives to warrant another playthrough even if it does have a new game plus feature. the best things about this game though are the memory remixes which are truly unique and incredible. basically you play god changing things in these memories to get a different outcome which is fun to watch and figure out. i wish there were more but sadly there are only four. overall it is a good game and i enjoyed. not worth $60 though because of little to no replay value but good for a rent and those who like a good story. i hope it gets a sequel on next gen or something because i would really like to come back to this amazing world.
  7. Jun 11, 2013
    I have revised my score down to an 7 from a 10. Here's why. Confusing interface for setting up fighting chains. Non-standard, oversimplified save function which caused me to lose about an hour of gameplay. If you could save at will and then see a list of your saved games, as is true in 99.9% of all game titles, this would not have happened. Underuse of the cool memory replay feature. WhatI have revised my score down to an 7 from a 10. Here's why. Confusing interface for setting up fighting chains. Non-standard, oversimplified save function which caused me to lose about an hour of gameplay. If you could save at will and then see a list of your saved games, as is true in 99.9% of all game titles, this would not have happened. Underuse of the cool memory replay feature. What makes this game unique is underused and much more common platforming and fighting is overused. The linearity is too extreme. I don't want a game to highlight the next place I have to run or jump as if I'm playing a tutorial that never ends. Most of all I'm peeved about losing an hour of gameplay. They should put into place a normal save/load feature. Why anyone would not use such a standard feature is incomprehensible to me. I also see that I have already played 18% of the game. Given that I've only been at it for two hours (one of which I now will have to replay thanks to the save/load snafu) that means this is only a 10 hour game. That's not long enough for a full priced game.

Before I encountered these problems I wrote the below, which is still true, but qualified by the above.

So far so good. The person who said this is unoriginal compared to Cyberpunk 2077 must be from the future since Cyberpunk 2077 isn't set for release until 2015.

Remember Me takes place in a dystopian future Paris circa 2084 (a hundred years after 1984, get it?). In this way it's like the movie, Renaissance (which I recommend), except the setting is where the similarity to Renaissance ends; in this game, memories have been downloaded from people and are sold. People are addicted to them. Nice premise.

The acting is fine, the graphical depiction of futuristic Paris past its prime, and the gameplay (so far reminiscent of Arkham Asylum, Tomb Raider, and Uncharted) has been splendid.

But the real enjoyment is in manipulating the memories of others to help achieve your goals. That is pretty original and there are many ways to manipulate memories in a way that doesn't work at all, so it is something of a challenge. The mechanism for entering and winding memories backward and forward works very well. This is a significant element of the game and sets it apart.

The only negative is the poor explanation of how to create combos. I've created a few but am now sure how. That definitely needs to be explained more clearly.
  8. Jan 30, 2014
    The isn't bad, but also isn't great. It is fine. It did what it wanted to do in a decent way. The game is short even if you are targeting platinum on PS3
    The Memory Remix idea is cool. I wished I had few more of those gameplay. Combo crafting system is also nice. I liked it.
    I hated the camera. I always do with this type of games (melee games). Graphics aren't facinating at all. There was no impressions on character facing. And I had that feeling that all enemy faces are identical.
    I didn't like the idea of copying BioShock story surprise at the end. At some point it was obvious and predictable.

Finally I played the game as it's part of PSPlus free game library at some point. But I won't recommend to buy the game. Simply because similar games did way better than this one.
  9. Oct 7, 2014
    Graphics: 7.5 Gameplay: 7.5 Fun: 8 Controls: 8.5 Ease to Learn: 9 Story: 8 Length: 8 Re-play: 6 Audio: 9 Bugs/Glitches: none. Story sometimes got confusing, and gameplay got repetitive and got boring after a while.
  10. Oct 30, 2013
    Remember Me was one of those games I was interested in playing from the beginning. Since I first saw it in an entry in Game Informer, I wanted to play it. Unfortunately, upon receiving the game, I actually felt disappointment, and the reason why is because Remember Me is one of those games that comes so close to being great, but just barely misses the mark.

The story is by far one of

The story is by far one of the more interesting and complex things to grasp in this game. Somehow, in the future, memory has been made manipulable. In the future, painful memories can be deleted, relived, but most importantly remixed. Unfortunately, the head company, Sensen, has used memories to dictate the world. Sensen can use memories to control you or destroy you to turn you into the dreaded creatures known as Leapers. The only ones standing up to Sensen are the Memory Hunters. That is who you are.

You're Nilin, a memory hunter who was captured and had all of her memories, literally sucked out of her, save for her name. After finding out who you are, you're immediately thrown back into the action, and are tasked with taking down the corporation. The story is one of the aspects of the story I'm on the fence on. The story keeps you interested throughout, but fails to deliver any shocking twists. Also, getting Nilin's memories sucked out of her seems like a pivotal point of the story, but is immediately thrown out the window when she's told who she is and what she does for a living five minutes later. There was one awe aspiring moment that stuck with me, but other than that I wasn't impressed.

The best aspect of this game is the graphics. They're topnotch, with well detailed characters and careful use of color to make something as simple as a doctor's lab coat pop. Everything from the broken down slums to the Skyscrapers is beautifully done.

The best part of gameplay is when you get to remix memories. Remixing memories is going into a specific memory of an individual to manipulate the events of the memories in slight ways which lead to a different memory altogether. These were well done, and made remixing the memories more of a puzzle, instead of a follow the directions kind of event. Luckily, the game doesn't stop you if you choose the wrong item. Instead, it allows you to see what exactly you're chosen manipulations lead to. Remixing the memory shows a great change in attitude, as well as grief over a memory that technically never happened. This shows a great amount of care thrown into these remixes, which only makes it all the more depressing that they only showed up four times in the story.

Now, is the saddest part of Remember Me; the combat. It's loosely based on the Batman Arkham series, allowing you to fly from enemy to enemy, see incoming attacks, and vault over enemies to avoid them. However, this is where the concept is flawed. The combat is based on a combo type system, with the strongest part of the combo usually at the end. However, the combo can only be continued on one enemy, so if another enemy comes to hit you, your only option is to vault over the enemy you're attacking, and then continue the combo. This is hindered by three flaws. First is that Nilin is surprisingly slow in combat, so her evade isn't responsive, leaving you to take a hit because Nilin didn't react fast enough. Second, if you do manage to make Nilin evade, the combo will only continue if Nilin vaults over her enemy. Half of the time, Nilin will simply perform a dodge roll, even if you moved your analog stick directly toward your enemy. Lastly, after you perform a vault, you have to continue hitting the same enemy you were before, but, Nilin rarely hits the same enemy, even if you're moving pointing your joystick directly at him. This is only added by the consistent attacks from enemies, causing you to only get one hit before you have to evade again, which isn't very easy because of the before mentioned flaws. This ultimately leaves you with a lot of unfinished combos, making combat a chore.

Next is the enemies. Leapers are extremely annoying because they leap on walls then jump down to attack you. However, the prompt for their attack doesn't stick out, causing you take an unexpected hit multiple times. You can shoot them down, but this just leaves you open for attack for ground enemies and takes way too long. Also, the electric armored enemies are a burden. The only way to take these guys down effectively is with two specials. After use they have a recharge time of over a minute. Attacking with bare fists causes damage, but sometimes that is the only way to take down two enemies, ultimately leaving you with low health.

In a nutshell, Remember Me is a flawed experience with a few good ideas and moments in the otherwise lackluster story, has great graphics, but an almost broken form of combat. Because of it, Remember Me ends up being a game with great ideas, but overall a consistently frustrating and aggravating experience.
  11. Jun 18, 2013
    A game of remarkable beauty, intriguing storyline, and so much potential just crushed by its own boring gameplay. This game is definitely worth the playthru, but sadly doesn't live up to the level of expectations it easily could have. Emphasizing the games uniqueness such as memory remixing, deep storytelling, or exploring of their vast, stunning, gritty world would have made this gem aA game of remarkable beauty, intriguing storyline, and so much potential just crushed by its own boring gameplay. This game is definitely worth the playthru, but sadly doesn't live up to the level of expectations it easily could have. Emphasizing the games uniqueness such as memory remixing, deep storytelling, or exploring of their vast, stunning, gritty world would have made this gem a diamond. Instead, because of the stale fisticuffs gameplay that has been tried a billion times before, and an emphasis on forcing players to travel through linear corridors like Final Fantasy XIII, you have a scuffed piece of silver: still nice to look at, but nothing special.

All it needed was a little polish and a little extra care to go that extra mile and be truly unique. This, sadly, was not given.
  12. Jun 25, 2013
    The game is okay, it is pretty boring to be such a famous title. It could get better. Trust me, I am a fan of these kind of games, so it is not dead at all.
  13. Nov 10, 2013
    blurp this game sucks first of its short its not worth 60 or 50 or even 40 the combat is meh it can be fun with the combo system that you first need to learn. between combat you are platforming an this sucks its like cool combat than platforming kil platform kill platform boring story and kill platform kil. bosses are meh nothing special. the details in the lineare city of neo paris areblurp this game sucks first of its short its not worth 60 or 50 or even 40 the combat is meh it can be fun with the combo system that you first need to learn. between combat you are platforming an this sucks its like cool combat than platforming kil platform kill platform boring story and kill platform kil. bosses are meh nothing special. the details in the lineare city of neo paris are great but you can explore nothing of it
    this game is not worth buying i got this with ps+ so its free but stil this is not a 50 dollar game
  14. Jun 15, 2013
    I don't have much to ass that hasn't been said. It's VERY pretty, the concept is great, and I SO wanted to get into the world.

Unfortunately, it's far too linear, holds your hand WAY too much, and doesn't let you explore that mazing world that's been setup.

GREAT concept...poor execution.
  15. Jun 7, 2013
    Anyone remember an old Playstation 1 game called Oni? It featured a female "cyberterrorist" fighting waves of enemies with specified fighting and shooting moves, in a futuristic (but very sterile) setting. I kept thinking of that old title while playing Remember Me. Granted, the gameplay is more advanced and the selection of your combo buttons adds great variety. And, the graphic detailsAnyone remember an old Playstation 1 game called Oni? It featured a female "cyberterrorist" fighting waves of enemies with specified fighting and shooting moves, in a futuristic (but very sterile) setting. I kept thinking of that old title while playing Remember Me. Granted, the gameplay is more advanced and the selection of your combo buttons adds great variety. And, the graphic details of Neo-Paris are among the most beautiful I've seen on the 'ol PS3. But I got a sense of deja vu (in a game centered around memories?...hmmm...) in the climbing and scripted elements ala Uncharted, the fighting similar to Batman and Sleeping Dogs, the boss fights, etc. The unique timeshift feature does stand out, and any game nowadays that isn't a sequel gets an extra point (sad that we have to applaud originality, like it's some rare occurence). So, a good to very good game that comes short of being great to excellent. Expand
  16. Nov 1, 2013
    What the game does right is the start of the story. Interesting beginning, fun combat and quick first memory change. You think the game is gonna be great well not really. Combat after a while gets boring.For my playthroug the first two combos I've made at the beginning where the same till' the end. What's the point of having so many possibilities if what you chose at the start will get youWhat the game does right is the start of the story. Interesting beginning, fun combat and quick first memory change. You think the game is gonna be great well not really. Combat after a while gets boring.For my playthroug the first two combos I've made at the beginning where the same till' the end. What's the point of having so many possibilities if what you chose at the start will get you to the end?
    Boss fights are ok'ish. The last boss is a bit disappointing to easy to fast on medium.
    The cyberpunk setting and graphic style was what I liked.
    If it had an open world, maybe some side quest it would have been a good game. Not worth full price. If you can get a used one for less then 6£ then try it out.
  17. Jun 5, 2013
    Ima sci-fi fan. I'm perfectly fine with my purchase, even if the game isn't the greatest. It's a linear platformer, with some interesting sci-fi concepts. The story is convoluted and apparently dystopian France is filled with cliche American NPCs. Capcom's influence is heavy handed and really makes you wonder just how much of Dontnod's original vision survived. But whatever, the game isIma sci-fi fan. I'm perfectly fine with my purchase, even if the game isn't the greatest. It's a linear platformer, with some interesting sci-fi concepts. The story is convoluted and apparently dystopian France is filled with cliche American NPCs. Capcom's influence is heavy handed and really makes you wonder just how much of Dontnod's original vision survived. But whatever, the game is lucky to exist at all. The combat is fun at times but it's also a chore. I do like this game, I'm just trying to be honest. Expand
  18. Nov 20, 2013
    Well this game was very disappointing. Graphic are great, music is fine as well.

The bad, Story is full of broken plot holes and dumb twists that don't make sense. Character and voice acting are very bad and make you cringe throughout. Combat system in terrible, if you don't add damage to a combo button you cant kill anything, you will just heal or decrease a timer and beat down for ever.
    The platforming are highly glitchy. The maps are dull. Don't buy.
  19. Sep 5, 2014
    This game is so controversial. It promises much at the beginning, the atmosphere and the environment is great, but the gameplay -including memory manipulation- is brutally linear and the fighting system is awkward. Only buy it on a very cheap discount price.
  20. Jun 19, 2013
    The platforming aspect may not win over some players, but the Linger In Shadows-esque memory modifier gives a soft "What the f*ck" feel at first. It may not have the kind of action most players are looking for, but those who are able to stay attached can agree that Remember Me has some dynamics unique to any futuristic video game ever produced.
  21. Jul 10, 2013
    Remember me is just an average action game. You will forget it after playing through it once. The story is interesting but never really amaze you or ever come close. Nilin, the main character is quite boring. Neo-Paris look and sounds cool but you never get to explore it. This game would been lot higher on my rating chart if it was an open world or semi-open world with a ton ofRemember me is just an average action game. You will forget it after playing through it once. The story is interesting but never really amaze you or ever come close. Nilin, the main character is quite boring. Neo-Paris look and sounds cool but you never get to explore it. This game would been lot higher on my rating chart if it was an open world or semi-open world with a ton of exploration. Combat is not very great with only few combos it feels repetitive after few hours. Expand
  22. Jun 11, 2013
    remember me is kind of unique style but lacks in some areas the combos seem repetitive but the dreams make up for it in my opinion i would not say buy this full price def worth £19.99 purchase tho.
  23. Jun 4, 2013
    I will admit I was excited for this game. I felt it would have been a create mix between Assassin's Creed (for the climbing and going after high valued targets seemed to be indicative of this), Batman Arkham Asylum/City (the fighting style seemed to resemble this), and Deus Ex: Human Revolution (for the futuristic aspect and the environment interaction with the HUD).Before I begin into theI will admit I was excited for this game. I felt it would have been a create mix between Assassin's Creed (for the climbing and going after high valued targets seemed to be indicative of this), Batman Arkham Asylum/City (the fighting style seemed to resemble this), and Deus Ex: Human Revolution (for the futuristic aspect and the environment interaction with the HUD).Before I begin into the negatives of this game, let me point to some of the more positive of the game.

-The voice acting is wonderful. Whenever the first cut scene played, it truly bought into the story of the three people who told the viewer of how wonderful the memory technology was and the elderly woman's story and voice acting made me feel as if that was a real person.
    -The story created a desire for me to go forward and find out what was around the corner. Although the names Capcom gives some of their characters breaks the illusion of this game being a game about survival, sabotage, kickin' in faces, and being public enemy number one.
    -Being able to create your own combos was such an interesting ideal that it warrants being a positive; however, the execution was a bit underwhelming.
    -Remixing memories was such an enjoyable trail-and-error aspect.

Now that I have got that out of the way. Here are some of the things I felt (and you may feel) made the game lesser than what it could have been.

-It leads you by the hand... Forcibly. I played on the hardest difficulty (Memory Hunter) and was still bombarded with an icon that tells me where to go when I am climbing with no discernible way to turn this off. It is as if it did not even trust you find your way, to make your own mistakes when climbing to a location, or Capcom felt that did not do a good enough job on some of the camera angles that they felt that it would be necessary to put an icon at every ledge you should go to.
    -Do you like the thrill of exploring (even in linear games) and finding upgrades for yourself? It is as if the game thinks you have around two brains cells and gives you an image of where an upgrade (for health and focus) is NEARBY. I can understand that they wanted to stick with the whole memory idea and this was another way of introducing their idea, but if you are anything like me, I prefer to make my own mistakes and explore to find collectibles without assistance even if I look in some of the most inane spots to achieve this, you will not enjoy this feature.An apt comparison is Metro Last Light. It took me 12 hours to beat a 7 to 8 hour game because the game created a desire for me to go an explore. I saw buildings in the distance or rooms away from where my OPTIONAL objective locator told me was the right way to go and thought to myself "Is ammo in there? What about another weapon? Journal entry?"
    -I would have loved for an OPTIONAL breadcumb device like in Dead Space to show me where I should be going beyond climbing up. In Dead Space and Metro games bringing up that device caused me to want to explore. I would see "Hey, I need to go here. There is a strong chance that I might not be able to return to this area, so let me explore the other doors." However, in Remember Me, the game although forcibly shows you where to go when climbing, it does not allow to check where your current objective is. There has been multiple times where I have forgone exploring another doorway because I thought it may be where I should go. Turns out it was not and whenever I went through the other doorway, I could not return to the previous location.

The game was alright, but not worth the $50. I would really wait until the game is on sale.
  24. Jun 4, 2013
    A great start to what hopefully becomes a more fleshed-out series. Although the game's most interesting and fun parts, the memory remixes, only appear a meager 4 times in the game, it's still a fun ride. The customized combat system keeps fighting from becoming stale, and the environment and music create a fantastic atmosphere.

Although it might not be worth the full asking price, not

Although it might not be worth the full asking price, not many games are. Still, Remember Me is a fantastic game that should be enjoyed, short as it may be.
  25. Jan 18, 2015
    The short version of this review is at the bottom.

The short version of this review is at the bottom.

Plusses - 1) Visuals: this game looks fantastic, from the dirty slums to the elegant interiors of cities to the puddles on the streets. 2) Gameplay: fighting mechanics are fun and you have some creativity with customization of fighting. 3) Accessory items: to understand more of the story, there are optional collectibles that give more explanation to characters, the history, and the plot itself. However, it gets a bit out of focus.

Minuses - 1) Story: The story has potential but falls short. The aforementioned collectibles have a strong purpose but even after collecting and reading them, I still wondered how the dots connected to plot. There is plenty of explanation in everything, down to your weapons, but it seems unnecessary once you make it to the end. 2) Characters: The characters you meet are unique and, once again, explained further in collectibles, but I still couldn't connect with any of them. They just seemed, shallow.

Quick and Dirty - This game is very impressive for an indie studio to create. The visuals are outstanding and the main character, Nilin, is brought to life with good voice acting. It's not too long of a campaign and I enjoyed it for what it is. I recommend this game for cheap (under $15) if you have some time to waste before your next anticipated game.
  26. Jun 17, 2013
    The scenery is great, somehow reminds me of Cloud Atlas. I really would like to enjoy this game but it keeps freezing on cut scenes, even after installing the updates (i use AMD graphics, high end).
  27. Jun 10, 2013
    Remember Me seemed to me like a great game in the making with modifying the memories of a select target to either kill themselves, remember something important like remembering to turn off the stove before dinner burns or remind them of a regretful drunken night and bring up the possibility of infection.

That is what I wanted to do in Remember Me, and for some part I did. The problem was it wanted to turn the protagonist into a futuristic female Ezio Auditore between these parts, and at least with the character of Nilin it makes the main character seem well realized like Ezio. I had no problem with this as long as I got an open world with some interesting side characters and side jobs to do, just like in Assassins Creed 2.
    What I got instead was an open world looking area without the open world and some very average side characters with average dialogue who average out to be nothing but a distraction. Yes, it was average but unlike some games who try to do the exact same thing, at least Remember Me executed these points better then other games like the aforementioned Fuse.
    Something tells me I would have appreciated Remember Me more if it was turning into a Portal type game, in which you are person A, you do a random but well executed selling piece over and over, tie it up into a good but short story and leave it be. The Memory Modifying was the Selling point of this game, but to me it got so caught up with the in-between bits it just landed on the review target of good.
    I can appreciate that a large company like Capcom would take a chance on a new IP like this but if Capcom needs something at the moment its unique titles that separate themselves from the pack like the original Devil May Cry.
    Remember Me definitely has this potential to do something different and unique but for some reason decided to try and throw in Assassins Creed's gameplay into the mix. I'm not sure if it was supposed to be part of the game from the beginning but it could have been removed easily enough or maybe even made better.
    Much like how EA treated Fuse, something tells me Capcom was just treating Remember Me like the stereotypical father and daughter's boyfriend scenario you see in Sitcoms: "Hey, you exist and I sort of approve of you, I just don't want to dedicate any time to get to know you or have to put resources to you since you weren't an original idea, or something I could trust to succeed. I might in the future, but for now you must deal with general ignorance."
  28. Jul 5, 2013
    the story of remember me is the best part of the game i lke the universe of remember me but the game play is really bad the combo system is original but no good and also the game is very easy to finish
  29. Jun 4, 2013
    After playing Cyberpunk 2077 I have to say this game was a big unoriginal. The technology which is used within the game resembles Mass Effect, the gameplay itself resembles any basic action/adventure, and the originality of the story is obviously a stolen idea from other sources. Needless to say, the game was still entertaining. The graphics are very nice, the music is on par with internetAfter playing Cyberpunk 2077 I have to say this game was a big unoriginal. The technology which is used within the game resembles Mass Effect, the gameplay itself resembles any basic action/adventure, and the originality of the story is obviously a stolen idea from other sources. Needless to say, the game was still entertaining. The graphics are very nice, the music is on par with internet radio, the character design is fantastic as are the voice actors chosen for the characters. Whilst the game does not have the most extensive gameplay or the longest storyline, it is still worth playing.

One a side note, as a memory you get to dive in to peoples minds. These sequences can be tedious and at times very boring. Yet, you can go forward and backward in peoples memories over and over to the point of just looking at the victims naughty parts.

This game is good, not great, and could have have much more features. This game might be exactly what you are looking for. A game with a hot cyberpunk chick who kicks ass and takes memories.
  30. Jul 3, 2013
    A weird game to start, never played anything like it. It was a good start the story was very well told and that the whole situation was really good. A memory hunter? takes peoples memories and sells them like drugs i think was the jist of it. The combat reminded me of the Batman series as well and that the combat upgraded as you go along and you could create more powerful combinations.A weird game to start, never played anything like it. It was a good start the story was very well told and that the whole situation was really good. A memory hunter? takes peoples memories and sells them like drugs i think was the jist of it. The combat reminded me of the Batman series as well and that the combat upgraded as you go along and you could create more powerful combinations. Memory remixes were especially creative aswell, the downside that there were only a few. But apart from that overall i enjoyed it. I would recommend to some people but not everyone, it was sort of a mix of assassin's creed and Batman Arkham's. Expand
  31. Nov 2, 2013
    I had high hope for this game, maybe too high...
    I like the genre and the idea. The game has some of the best graphics I've ever seen, and the music and sound is awesome. But the gameplay has a long learning curve before you start to get what and how you should do to progress.
    Not the best game ever, but sure worth giving a try...
  32. Feb 21, 2014
    Just played this game after getting it on PS+ awhile back. The story, world and art in this game are top notch, if the story is filled a bit. If this were all the game would it would have scored much higher for me, however I found that the combat system was extremely frustrating. I enjoy a game with some challenge in the combat system, part of the reason I initially liked the lack of aJust played this game after getting it on PS+ awhile back. The story, world and art in this game are top notch, if the story is filled a bit. If this were all the game would it would have scored much higher for me, however I found that the combat system was extremely frustrating. I enjoy a game with some challenge in the combat system, part of the reason I initially liked the lack of a counter in this game, however the way that the system was implemented just didn't work. When you begin attacking an enemy you begin one of four combos (that you can adjust within the Combo Lab) and you continue down that button path with no other "trees" or "branches" from any of the four. Additionally, if you get hit your combo resets (fair enough) however, especially when fighting the leapers and shooting robots, the red notification telling you to dodge either doesn't show up, shows up to late for the character to dodge or, in the case of the robots, shows up to early and you dodge into the attack. Now this becomes an issue early on because on the hard difficulty the enemies hit for a lot of damage and you're unable to regen any health because of interrupted combos and when you die for the 6th time on a fight from an enemy jumping from a wall onto you without warning it get very frustrating. Additionally, and this design decision really made me scratch my head, your combo only continues building if you keep attacking the same enemy and if you dodge wrong (not dodging into your enemy) or you dodge over the wrong enemy, the combo stops again.

So the biggest issues in the combat system primarily revolve around the dodge mechanic and the combo raising, an example of this frustration is apparent when fighting large groups as you will attempt to start a combo against one enemy and, assuming it works correctly and you see the attack symbol, another enemy tries to attack you from behind, if you dodge to the side of your target, even a little, despite not being hit you must restart your combo.

A counter button that just deflected an enemy's attack and didn't even do any damage or just a little more lenience on when a combo was interrupted would have done wonders for this system and likely would have eliminated most of my complaints about the game
  33. Jun 9, 2013
    I actually really like this game. The combos could be a little more freeflow, but overall it's great, but that's the problem, Dontnod actually made an interesting game world,but didnt expand on it. If it was a bigger game, not open world, but like in the same way Dark Souls is laid out, or like Deus Ex, and lets us have more freedom, put stealth and more memory abilities, like making themI actually really like this game. The combos could be a little more freeflow, but overall it's great, but that's the problem, Dontnod actually made an interesting game world,but didnt expand on it. If it was a bigger game, not open world, but like in the same way Dark Souls is laid out, or like Deus Ex, and lets us have more freedom, put stealth and more memory abilities, like making them forget how to fire a gun ir something and it would've been amazing Collapse

1. Nov 15, 2013
    For a first time developer, Remember Me appears highly ambitious. And while it’s got some neat ideas it never quite does anything substantial with them, instead providing an enjoyable, if forgettable experience.
  2. Moments like convincing a police officer to commit suicide because you made him think he murdered his girlfriend prove that Remember Me belongs in the top league of video games. Too bad that Dontnod does not fully capitalize on these moments by limiting your options when remixing memories. [July 2013, p.86]
  3. Jul 21, 2013
    A mess of interesting ideas inexpertly implemented, resulting in a horribly generic action game that fails to live up to its promise. [Aug 2013, p.68]