Resident Evil 6 PlayStation 3

5.5

1. Mar 19, 2017
    Un jeu loin des codes initiaux de la série (pas de stress, musiques insipides et non représentative du jeu, scénario qui part dans tous les sens niveau chronologie et surtout en "cohérence de jeu", personnages quasi inexistants, etc etc), mais qui se paye aussi le luxe d'être une pâle copie de tous les autres, et de ne rien apporter de neuf.

Niveau gameplay, c'est le néant : Inventaire

Niveau gameplay, c'est le néant : Inventaire non intuitif, système de fight plus proche d'un Street Fighter qu'autre chose, et indigeste de nombreuses fois (passage en scooter des neiges, caméra qui bouge style bateau en pleine tempête, système de couverture qui se veut nouveau mais déjà fait et surtout qui bug à fond pour ne citer qu'eux). Bref, là dessus il n'invente pas l'eau chaude, en plus d'avoir une technique de conception qui fait mal à voir parfois...

Un jeu réservé aux bourrins qui se fichent de l'histoire de la série, et veulent juste de l'action brute. Mais même là, d'autres jeux sont au dessus et de loin.

Je mets 1, juste pour le contenu énorme. Mais la quantité ne fait pas la qualité, comme on dit...
  2. Nov 19, 2016
    Has any game franchise done more with less than Resident Evil? It started as a somewhat interesting survival horror game on the PlayStation, complete with clunky controls and a Capcom trademarked story that was both hilariously convoluted and embarrassingly simple. From there it spawned a bunch of mediocre sequels and spin offs, peaked briefly with Resident Evil 4, before quickly devolvingHas any game franchise done more with less than Resident Evil? It started as a somewhat interesting survival horror game on the PlayStation, complete with clunky controls and a Capcom trademarked story that was both hilariously convoluted and embarrassingly simple. From there it spawned a bunch of mediocre sequels and spin offs, peaked briefly with Resident Evil 4, before quickly devolving into the convoluted mess that is Resident Evil 6. The newest installment tries to be a mixture of both the original game and the more modern third person shooters of today, and ends up being the worst of every world.

The basic premise of Resident Evil 6 is that there are 4 separate campaigns to play through, allowing you to see the zombie apocolypse of the month from 4 different viewpoints. That's the theory anyway. In practice, the campaigns are all so short that about half the cutscenes in the game are shared between them. Another thing that sounded much better in theory was making the campaigns have a different feel, i.e. one being a more traditional survival horror, one being a more traditional third person shooter, etc. In practice, however, there is basically no difference between them all. Long time series mainstays such as Chris Redfield, Leon Kennedy, and Jill Valentine make their usual appearances. The most interesting character is Ada Wong, who hovers around all the other characters like Batman, protecting them when they find themselves in yet another perilous situation. Her campaign is supposed to tie all the stories together, but really all that happens is you reach the end, press a button, and get talked at for 5 minutes.

If the impenetrable story didn't already turn you off of Resident Evil 6, the gameplay certainly will. All the characters are so stiff to try and steer around the levels, frequently continuing to move even after you let go of the thumbstick. After all their years of zombie hunting they still haven't grasped the concept of moving while aiming, and there is a laughably poor attempt at a cover system. Capcom keeps these things in Resident Evil games for tradition I suppose, but games intentionally ignoring good design choices in favor of tradition just makes them all the more frustrating. This all happens, of course, when the game begrudgingly allows you to actually play it. Control is taken from the player so often so that the camera can pan to something the game is so proud of, or so that characters can talk at you over your headset, or so the game can throw one of it's hundreds of quick time events at you, that the actual time spent playing Resident Evil 6 is probably close to about 3 hours.

The quick time events deserve special mention, as they often come completely out of nowhere, and flash on the screen for about a quarter of a second. They really couldn't be implemented any worse. And if all this wasn't bad enough, the game thinks that ramping up the stakes is to simply throw the same giant monsters at you about 5 different times, often after you've convincingly killed them previously. The characters never seem to learn to completely obliterate a monster after they've downed it, always being content to just continue on their way. They never seem surprised or concerned when the same baddie later confronts them for the umpeenth time however, and if they're not concerned about it I just don't see why I should be either.

The best games are made when player and game co-exist harmoniously. The game allows the player to freely explore it's worlds, and the player uses the tools given to enjoy the journey. Resident Evil 6 hates it's players. During the brief moments when it remembers it's a game and not some cheaply made horror/comedy film, it gives players stiff and dated gameplay to fight the same monsters over and over and over again. The only way Resident Evil 6 is even remotely worth playing is in co-op mode with a friend, that way you can both laugh at the sheer awfulness of it all. Trying to play it solo will do nothing more than bring you to tears.
  3. Dec 9, 2015
    Boring over the top action. Lots of Quick time events and interactive action cut scenes. In the running for worst resident evil game ever made. I spent 20 hours or so in this game hoping it would get better. But after leon's campaign it got worse to the point of sheer disbelief. Go play revelations 2 instead. Much better game!
  4. Oct 15, 2014
    im a huge RE fan and RE4 is my fav game all the time i played RE6 for more than 60 hours and i platinumed RE6 i bought it in the hope of having a real survivor horror exp in leon campaign and it was good but in overall RE6 lost it identity greedy capcom trying to please everyone reaosn why i call it greedy as a survival/horror game it deserves 4/10 and as an action game 7/10
  5. Aug 7, 2014
    HELLOY HELLOY THIS IS ADEPT.
    This game worst ever, best game for maslyat. Dont play it. Sonyblyadi huynu nakoldovali.
    CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY-CHY
  6. Jun 9, 2014
    Aún con sus altísimos valores de producción, gráficos geniales y abultado contenido, termina emapachando los constantes tiroteos, explosiones, saltos imposibles, descarrilamientos y mutaciones. No tiene el equilibrio jugable de otros grandes juegos como tomb raider o the last of us, es simplemente acción, acción y más acción sin descanso hasta saturar. El juego en si no es horrible, peroAún con sus altísimos valores de producción, gráficos geniales y abultado contenido, termina emapachando los constantes tiroteos, explosiones, saltos imposibles, descarrilamientos y mutaciones. No tiene el equilibrio jugable de otros grandes juegos como tomb raider o the last of us, es simplemente acción, acción y más acción sin descanso hasta saturar. El juego en si no es horrible, pero si echas un vistazo atrás y recuerdas las sensaciones que ofrecían los primeros Resident evil, es como para echarse a llorar y no parar. Expand
  7. Jun 4, 2014
    Well, i am sad because the Resident evil franchise come to this, this embarasing title, the worst resident evil game ever made like operation racoon city, the franchise is coming to an end. I really miss the old days, when resident evil means "horror".
    This garbage looks like a call of duty game with zombies. ugly and repetitive as hell. This is worst than downpour, because downpour at least preserves some horror. But this one is incredible bad, the Leon campaign is the only one that tries to recreate the true "horror" but it fails.
    Stay away from this game and pray for Mikami, hope he have made a good job with Evil Within, but i don't know, the real survival horror is dead.
  8. Mar 6, 2014
    It's awful done. Still here, crap. Look sadly Capcom a k a crapcom ditched survival horror completely. Instead it's an action failure. Zombies are .... not even zombies just people with zombie looks and the rest are B.O.Ws that are easy to kill, oh and mercenaries that are dumb and easy. 4 campaigns both short and boring. Yes 4 there's a bonus campaign. Just don't buy it please don't buy it.
  9. Mar 4, 2014
    Resident Evil 6 is a game that requires an extensive autopsy to make sense of. It had some positive introductions but largely suffered most from easily avoidable production oversights.

The good: Resident Evil 6 starts by establishing its tone very well. We may not know Helena well in the tutorial but we feel the graveness of the situation immediately. It does feel like it has promise. The graphics and character captures are brilliantly done once again. The voice acting as well is some of the industry's best delivering somewhat less impressive lines.
    The concept of interwoven stories is exciting and had much opportunity for a completed picture of the grand scale events. And there is much in terms of gameplay time. Between the three modes and the mercenaries bonus material, there is much time that can be sunk into the endeavor granted the player has patience to suffer through the flaws.
    Solid drama in the Chris ending.
    Interesting environmental designs and aesthetic.
    Enemy design was mostly good with the occasionally tiring appearance of gun toting enemies. Boss fights included, though the resilience of certain characters is cartoonish.

The negatives: The plot is entirely incoherent, beyond plausible and even in violation of established canon in some parts. Poor design choices that should have been realized in production were left in the game for quantity rather than quality.
    Examples of this are quick time button sequences that are not clear.
    Constant poorly implemented vehicle sections.
    Chase sequences with fickle or erratic camera work.
    Occasions where an environmental factor was highlights without enemy movement paused leading to deaths beyond the players control.
    Co-op lag issues in online play and extensive disconnects early into release in sections like the Snake battle.
    Checkpoints that are unreasonably spread out making S ranks more of a time consuming chore than a challenge, especially on higher difficulty modes like "No Hope".
    Mercenaries becomes routine and predictable with rinse repeat combat and counter spamming. Even breaking 1.2 million points fails to feel rewarding as a result.
    Cash grab alternative multiplayer modes essentially amount to trophy purchasing (48% of all trophies are DLC, an almost unheard of amount).
    Constant interruptive sequences break game pacing and seem to be ashamed of the main combat.
    Inventory is slow and clunky compared to Re5 which had simple quick switching and tactical reloading for mastery. Exploiting the switch mechanic is game breaking in providing perfect aim at huge distances and no recoil shots especially in Mercenaries.
    A complete failing in any understanding of how PTSD works and amnesia/body double/cloning cliches to move plot. Characters act in ways they shouldn't with their established history. Arbitrary skills introduced to justify sequences (Piers the expert driver).
    Weapon upgrading and shop system dumbed down to extremes with the skill system replacement.

Overall, the game is serviceable but not in any way enjoyable. It 'mostly' functions the way it should have but lacks polish and even more so fails in some ways that should have been obvious in quality assurance. A big production with a little cohesiveness. A cleaner, tighter, smarter followup is what the franchise desperately needs at this point.
  10. Feb 16, 2014
    The finishing touch , the conclusion to a previously epic series... Thank you Capcom for destroying everything!! I honestly feel stupid for even giving this a 1/10 but I refuse to give it any higher than that... played for 30 mins... and I had to turn off my PS3.

Everything about this game is horrible! If you liked this game, you either never had a PS1 or you never played the game when you DID have one until RE1,2 became obsolete!

This game feels like Gears of War mixed with Deadspace mixed with ...well dog crap!

Only an ignorant person would be enchanted by its BIG BANG effects and its Whirlpool of Super cool bad ass invincible Leon Kennedy strutting around like a Mega God who is Furious! "Hey babe...im not gonna let this happen! I'll kick their asses, don't worry" (that's literally what his attitude lol... how can you take this game seriously as a survival horror??).

lol, helicopters flying everywhere, man swinging on a rope and double-kicking zombies while shooting a machine gun and landing with a ninja roll and finishing with a pause saying "That's how it's done" man....

This would ALL be fine if they gave this game ANOTHER name and didn't spit on their TRUE FANS.

I would've bought this series every title for the rest of my life. That's how loyal your "niche" fans are. I can't believe you disrespected us by releasing that statement about us being "too mature" to play your RE games... What a disgrace.

Shinji Mikami, the originator of the series left after RE4 which is how this game turned out for the YOLO generation.

Go pick up Evil Within when it comes out. If you have any self-respect and want Survival Horror with a game made FOR LOVE and not ONLY for money.
  11. Feb 9, 2014
    (Old school Resident Evil fan)

This again is another poor action game by Capcom using the Resident Evil name as the main selling point. Resident "Hollywood" Evil doesn't know whether it's coming or going anymore and this game is proof. Ok graphics boring story terrible enemies Capcom has really lost the plot. Quick time events plague the game as do waves of enemies who are just
    (Old school Resident Evil fan)

Ok graphics boring story terrible enemies Capcom has really lost the plot.
    Quick time events plague the game as do waves of enemies who are just bullet sponges.
    This game will be in the bargain bin now anyway so it won't hurt your wallet too much but I still wouldn't waste my time on this game unless your a hardcore Resident Evil fan like myself.
  12. Jan 10, 2014
    Well I am not going to write a long review for this game as basically I only played it for a few hours. Picked it up cheap and decided to try it, but not for me to be honest. My gaming time is limited so I generally only pick up the very best games, I am not a person who plays every release. However I played and enjoyed many Resident Evil games on the ps1/ps2 so decided to try this. IWell I am not going to write a long review for this game as basically I only played it for a few hours. Picked it up cheap and decided to try it, but not for me to be honest. My gaming time is limited so I generally only pick up the very best games, I am not a person who plays every release. However I played and enjoyed many Resident Evil games on the ps1/ps2 so decided to try this. I obviously knew that the game had changed a lot from what it was, more action based and less of a survival horror like the old days.

Personally this game was not worth my time. Clunky controls, bad camera angles, poor graphics, terrible voice acting and storyline (it really did seem unbelievably bad). I would not buy this game back for 10p. If I was given it for free I would not play it. Games are supposed to be entertainment but this is just a frustrating and boring game. Shame as the old RE games were great. Simply not worth my time, this is not entertainment.

Overall it has to be a 0/10
  13. Jan 3, 2014
    What caveman creates an FPS game in this century and doesn't allow you to change the button layout? The R1 and L1 buttons are horrible as trigger buttons, only a sadist would take a game like this and force a binary set of options for all controls.

This is idiocy.
  14. Dec 11, 2013
    When Resident Evil 6 first released back 2012, Gameplay turn from Good to Worst since became Noobish, Story was BS there was no good part, Series is even more Dead thanks to Ada Wong Voice Actor Getting Recast Same Goes for Leon Voice Actor..
    Gameplay: 2/10
    Story: 0/10
    Total: 2/10
    I was once Die Hard Fan but stop caring Since Series become crap once Resident Evil 4 Released
  15. Nov 22, 2013
    Crapcom has done it again! Releasing half-assed games and sell it for $60 because they're a dying company. Everything about this game is garbage. The story, gameplay, characters,graphics you name it.
  16. Oct 30, 2013
    ..Definitely RE series are going down .This game looks like more like a CoD game than a RE game ¡¿WHY ARE UPGRADES?! That's the most stupid new "innovation" uhhh whatever this is a another ordinary "shooter" game...DON'T SPEND YOUR MONEY IS THIS "GAME" just a honest review.
  17. Sep 19, 2013
    Une immondicité video ludique. Je n'éprouve même pas l’envie de me justifier je pence que tout a été dit dans ses autre commentaire. 0/10 sens aucun hésitation.
  18. Sep 6, 2013
    The worst game ever made, the critics must be useless. the gameplay is linear, the puzzles are ridiculously dumb, the overall game play is so horrid its almost painful, the lighting is non adaptive and utter crud. The second player is so just added in he cant even open doors, the boss entrance vids end after the boss has already hit you (they allow the boss free movement while your inThe worst game ever made, the critics must be useless. the gameplay is linear, the puzzles are ridiculously dumb, the overall game play is so horrid its almost painful, the lighting is non adaptive and utter crud. The second player is so just added in he cant even open doors, the boss entrance vids end after the boss has already hit you (they allow the boss free movement while your in video sequences). The fact anyone gave it a ten means the world of gaming has died, RIP world of gaming, its been fun. PS. i played the Ada campaign. couldn't bear to try the others... its so bad. Expand
  19. Jul 11, 2013
    Tedious

This game is very hard to play. I still count the original resident evils as some of my favourite games ever, I even enjoyed resi 5. I'd read the mostly damning reviews of this game but thought I'd give it a go for the love. The worst thing about this game is that it's incredibly boring. There is a QuickTime event/cut scene for everything, you walk along each section
    Tedious

This game is very hard to play.

The worst thing about this game is that it's incredibly boring.

There is a QuickTime event/cut scene for everything, you walk along each section for ages, each shoot out takes ages, everything about this game is looooong.

Where as the pre resi 4 games could be completed in a couple of hours, the campaigns in this game take about 8, and there's four of them.

You definitely get a lot for your money but unfortunately most of it is crap.

Add to that dodgy controls and frustrating cheap deaths.

There have been other games with similar dodgy controls and overuse of cutscenes, eg max Payne 3, but at least that had a cool story/script. Resi 6 is just overlong and convoluted.

On top of all this game is not scary either, it's just kind of annoying.

I did not enjoy playing it at all which is genuinely heartbreaking considering my love for the old games.

If you consider yourself a resi fan don't bother with this, the franchise died a long time ago.
  20. Jul 3, 2013
    Resident Evil 6 has always been more of a test of patience than a challenge. There is no doubt that at one point the player will wish to come to end of its lengthy and uninteresting campaigns. Of all the campaigns, only Leon/Helena's and Ada's are the only ones that bear some modicum of true survival horror. Coupled with plenty of horrible dialogue, excessive amounts of quick-time events,Resident Evil 6 has always been more of a test of patience than a challenge. There is no doubt that at one point the player will wish to come to end of its lengthy and uninteresting campaigns. Of all the campaigns, only Leon/Helena's and Ada's are the only ones that bear some modicum of true survival horror. Coupled with plenty of horrible dialogue, excessive amounts of quick-time events, and the addition of several new, flat characters, RE6 is definitely a disappointment and a scar on the face of Resident Evil's main series games. Expand
  21. May 28, 2013
    Simply worst games of RE.Conami is a bunch sinful maslatays that care only about money.They will burn in Abdulovhell for ruining RE series.
    Story is driwel,gameplay is horrible and coop-oriented,graphics is washed and tasteless
  22. May 28, 2013
    I loved this game! The mix of action, adventure, and mystery was so well thought-out! I've beaten the game and gone back for more at the harder levels (which I rarely do!) I'd recommend this game to anyone looking for a perfect mix of gameplay! And the move and shoot aspect, Wahoo!!!
  23. May 25, 2013
    What the was Capcom thinking when they made this? There's absolutely nothing scary here, just action! The aiming is GOD AWFUL, the ally A.i. is stupid and never seem to stop unnecessary QTE's that are almost impossible to do right, unless you have superhuman speed, and the whole "separate campaigns" is just plain dumb. Save your money for something else! Do NOT buy RE6 at all!
  24. May 8, 2013
    I'm thoroughly disappointed. I've played every Resident Evil and this is the first that automatically takes away your health with scripted sequences, leaving you with almost zero health by the end of the level even if you've played perfectly. There's an in-game quick-time event every 10 seconds it seems, and if you don't do it correctly you lose anywhere from 2 to 3 bars of health. OnI'm thoroughly disappointed. I've played every Resident Evil and this is the first that automatically takes away your health with scripted sequences, leaving you with almost zero health by the end of the level even if you've played perfectly. There's an in-game quick-time event every 10 seconds it seems, and if you don't do it correctly you lose anywhere from 2 to 3 bars of health. On several occasions I've been hit with scripted sequences that left me no room to maneuver or avoid, automatically killing me each and every time. If the main character is simply standing in the wrong spot at the wrong time, they die and there is not recourse other than continuing from a checkpoint. During quick-time events, the buttons flash on screen in an almost seizure- inducing manner, thereby not allowing you to clearly see the buttons that need to be pressed. The train sequence in the sewers comes to mind, as I couldn't even read which buttons to press because it was a dark map and the button notifications flashing on the screen made it almost impossible to interpret what the game was asking me to do. The plot is absolutely atrocious, there is no back-story and you are left wondering throughout. The introduction level has absolutely nothing to do with introducing the player to the game, it is instead a flashy sequence of scripted events that appear to occur later in the game. The camera angle is atrocious at times, leaving the player without enough field of view to effectively analyze the situation. Scripted sequences make this worse by snapping the players view to the event automatically, leaving the player disoriented. I give this game a 3 out of 10 for poor camera angle, an atrocious plot, ridiculous quick-time events and overall lack of in-sight as to what the gamers want in a game. Expand
  25. May 1, 2013
    Ever since re1 on the playstation 1 I have loved the resident evil series. Not only because I am a fan of zombies and survival horror, but I liked the puzzles. Even though the were not the hardest.

Throughout the series I have enjoyed every game. From the originals and remakes to the side games like dead aim, appreciating them for what they are. But this one, I just don't enjoy...

The camera spins around so much it actually hurts my eyes at times, the health system is just long winded and pointless, but what I hate the most is the new "just run in a straight line and shoot things" approach. It just seems like the developers got lazy. Where are the puzzles? The exploring of areas? Even going back to revisit areas because of a new key or item. Instead it's now just a boring, repetitive action game, with tedious quick time events and bad camera angles.

I looked forward to every single resident evil release, right from re2. I'm wondering now if I will look forward to the next one? Maybe il just give it a miss.
  26. May 1, 2013
    Sorry, but this game is one of regret-to-buy.
    My opinion it is awful.
    Menu instead of to be "load game" is: - press start - start game - choose campaign - choose PSN settings - finally start game. It is one of stupiest menus I've ever seen. Just to start the game I MUST everytime choose that I want to play offlline (otherwise i'll not be able to PAUSE the GAME!!) Game
    Sorry, but this game is one of regret-to-buy.
    My opinion it is awful.

Menu instead of to be "load game" is:

- press start
    - start game
    - choose campaign
    - choose PSN settings
    - finally start game.

It is one of stupiest menus I've ever seen.

Game itself:

- pretty beautiful but it is too much. True this that you always out of ammo or recovery items. Each time you see something big you have nothing to fight. You need to try it with your bare hands almost.

- Camera is pretty stupid, i just looked back there were nobody there, turn around and again i'm atacked out of nowhere.

CAPCOM made BAD game this time
  27. May 1, 2013
    Utter garbage. The survival horror and puzzle solving of the earlier games has been eschewed in favour of repetitive run and shoot with never enough ammo and a camera system with a mind of its own especially in close quarter combat. Riddled with as many bugs and glitches as the demo, the autosave is also hit and miss, at least it is on my PS3. Twice I've played through half a campaign,Utter garbage. The survival horror and puzzle solving of the earlier games has been eschewed in favour of repetitive run and shoot with never enough ammo and a camera system with a mind of its own especially in close quarter combat. Riddled with as many bugs and glitches as the demo, the autosave is also hit and miss, at least it is on my PS3. Twice I've played through half a campaign, quit for the night (checking that 'save in progress' has come up before I switch off), only to fire up the game a couple of nights later and find all my previous progress is gone.

I'd be bemoaning the fact that I've flushed £40 down the toilet if I didn't know I can trade it in for Medal Of Honour in 2 weeks! Seriously, if you must play it to complete the series, wait for pre-owned. There'll be hundreds of them around Christmas time for a tenner!
  28. Apr 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is the cancer of this generation. WHERE DO I BEGIN?? I am blantently pissed at the fact that I cannot enjoy this game whatsoever. The gameplay makes no sense, the button tapping was too enforced. The characters we once know and loved are thrown into a mess of piss poor writing and sequence events. the only good thing to look farward to were the unlimited ammo unlocks so I could chug endless amounts of bullets for hours at what seem like rehashed obligatory creatures. AGENT HUNT MODE, why does this get me so pissed off???? why did I beat the game just to get rewarded with a mode that blatantly slaps me right in the face? choose a level and you are thrown into a random level where you become a miniscule creature whos goal is to kill survivors. but they aren't the survivors, no! the other players are overpowered, blowing you down with unlimited grenade launchers, AK-47, grenades, mines, ect ect ect ect ect ect ect. There is virtually no fun in agent hunt. I heard you were able to used a pea shooter but I never found the level. the only thing they did right (maybe) was the mercenaries. but no, no that does not raise my score, not even but a significant amount. the makers of RE6 knew they up, they are working on a new game THAT IS NOT LISCENCED BY Thank you game, get the out of my life. Expand
  29. Apr 21, 2013
    what ever happened to just a simple zombie storyline not all this virus monster crap I rented this game thank goodness the combat is what you expect from RE but the story is so confusing I wanted to like this game but it was crap
  30. Apr 15, 2013
    How about we take what was good about Resident Evil and turn it into crap. That is exactly what Capcom has done with it. This game is just a big mess. They tried to do everything right by trying to make everyone happy with the different genres but in the end they failed. I'm all for change, but I'm sorry but Resident Evil is not an action game,a nd even if it was I would still give thisHow about we take what was good about Resident Evil and turn it into crap. That is exactly what Capcom has done with it. This game is just a big mess. They tried to do everything right by trying to make everyone happy with the different genres but in the end they failed. I'm all for change, but I'm sorry but Resident Evil is not an action game,a nd even if it was I would still give this game a bad review because it SUCKS even as an action game. There's parts in this game where you will be running or swimming from something and your character doesn't even move off the spot that they are in. The camera angles in some points in this game are terrible. Zombies have guns. I know a lot of people that say this game sucks get a lot of flack, but holy hell this game is not scary at all, My Little Pony is more scary that this. Even Leons part wasn#t that scary and a lot of you will think that this game doesn#t need to be scary, but in all honesty, they built this series on a horror, then those crappy Resident Evil movies came out and then all of a sudden they started changing the formula for the games. The only thing good about this game is how funny it is. There are 4 stories and the game is BIG, it might be a BIG game but I wanted the game to be over after 1 hour. I kept playing the game, hoping that it would get better, then I finished Adas part and I regretted it badly. The cover system is horrible aswell, why is it so hard to get into cover? Yes of course when you have it down packed it is easier after awhile but in an ACTION game it shouldn#t be as hard as it was. They tried to copy Gears of War and they failed,where as Gears of War cover system is one of the best I have ever seen. It seems as if a lot of games want to be CoD, but not only does this game want to be CoD it also wants to be Gears, even though Call of Duty sucks (IMO) it#s still a better experience than this game was.....Thankfully, Capcom has stated that they will be returning to survival horror for the next game. Expand
  31. Mar 25, 2013
    This game simply doesn't work. It looks pretty good sounds pretty good and plays atrociously. It would seem that the development team of this game weren't working towards the same goals here. One side opted for survival horror elements, the other went for a more action packed approach. The result of this is a clunky action game that leaves much to be desired.
  32. Mar 22, 2013
    Just simply horrible game. There's long time I haven't felt so disgusted with a game. I am in love with the series, RE4 and RE5 had a pass, they still had those small scary moments (Specially the Regenerators in RE4) but now... it's a GENERIC action game.... For this I play other kind of games. And the story isn't good enough. It's sad to see how big franchises always get destroyed byJust simply horrible game. There's long time I haven't felt so disgusted with a game. I am in love with the series, RE4 and RE5 had a pass, they still had those small scary moments (Specially the Regenerators in RE4) but now... it's a GENERIC action game.... For this I play other kind of games. And the story isn't good enough. It's sad to see how big franchises always get destroyed by their sequels. I'm sorry Capcom, you shouldn't not destroy Resident Evil Series..... Expand
  33. Mar 7, 2013
    Ill skip over a lot of what's been said and try to keep this short and concise.

Ill skip over a lot of what's been said and try to keep this short and concise.

I truly felt this game was an utterly pointless sequel to a franchise that has been going steadily downhill for years now. It adds nothing new, nothing interesting or fresh to the series at all. It is basically just resident evil 5 all over again, only it somehow feels more stale, less interesting and less like resident evil. Its action based over scare based. They removed over the years any sense of terror or suspense instead going with the modern day version of horror being loud noises and stuff jumping out like it's a carnival spook house.

The game literally feels like a 3rd person version of house of the dead where you basically move from linear corridor to linear corridor where monsters popup and you shoot them, that's it. A lot of times you'll stand there and there is obviously nothing at all in front of you, then lighting flashes and suddenly there is a zombie there. You're walking along and they slide out of dir ducts, popup out of the ground or a body just laying there leaps out at you when you get close. And the worst part about that is its all so predictable, you can see everything long before it happens.

The story (I won't go into details and spoil anything) is horribly bad and needless. It feels so forced that it's just plain awful. It's an obvious poorly conceived notion put in place just to make another sequel and nothing else. It has no originality, nothing that actually adds to the resident evil mythos, nothing is explained that needs to be explained. And the characters are either ones from previous games used purely because they are recognizable or new ones added that haven't the slightest shred of originality to them or intrigue and are basically just cookie cutter characters that are very two dimensional. Everything also happens so fast and with no logical or even reasonable reason I can't get into it. Oh no I'm trapped, wait this stranger says a bus is coming to save us, and look here it is, now were driving down the road and crash. That's essentially how the entire game goes along. It's like each section and each scene in the game are broken up with no fluidity between them. If you ever heard an 11 year old kid try to tell you about something that happened to him when he is all excited that's what resident evil 6's story is like.

The quick time events are back and worse than ever. You are constantly waggling a stick, button mashing, pushing button combos or whatever for no reason at all. Even something as stupid as during a cut scene you're getting away in a car and during the scene you have to push a button to make the car move. You don't steer, you don't drive, you don't do anything because you're not controlling anything but it still makes you push a button, just one button just so the cut scene will continue.

The combat is awful. It's basically just like gears of war, only with less polish and it's harder to use because it's so clunky. You're body takes up too much of the screen, especially when backed against a wall. The shooting feels stiff. Trying to hit something that is close but not directly in front of you is a pain. Just all in all the combat is horrible and I don't know how many times I died simply because moving around and shooting were so sluggish and poorly designed.

I can't recommend this game at more than 10 dollars and even then I'd just say "if you played resident evil 4 and 5 then you played this already". I paid 20 and I feel like I wasted my time and money on it.
  34. Feb 19, 2013
    I used to think Resident Evil 5 was the worst resident evil game out there until I played Resident Evil 6, it seems Capcom likes to use the same material with a little drop of melodrama and over-used catchphrases again and again, Resident Evil 6 hits a serious roadblock when it comes to staying with the story and instead has more plot holes than any other game I have played in my life, II used to think Resident Evil 5 was the worst resident evil game out there until I played Resident Evil 6, it seems Capcom likes to use the same material with a little drop of melodrama and over-used catchphrases again and again, Resident Evil 6 hits a serious roadblock when it comes to staying with the story and instead has more plot holes than any other game I have played in my life, I was glad that I was able to return it for its full price when I did, unfortunately I can't return my wasted time playing it Expand
  35. Feb 13, 2013
    Where does one begin? Sadly, it seems the horror filled series we loved so long ago has finally crashed and burned. From monotonous gameplay, to over the top action not expected or really wanted in an RE game, a Capcom favorite has officially gone down the tube.
  36. Feb 12, 2013
    Personally I thought the game was whack. This is just one of those games that doesn't need enemies with assault rifles. Playing the part of chris was lame and playing the park of jake was whack too. The only decent part was leon. But even then the story is nothing special
  37. Feb 12, 2013
    Yes, this is just like Raccoon City all over again: stilted, awkward, ridiculous, embarrassing, tedious. Except for the parts where it's like Call of Duty, which are equally stilted, awkward, ridiculous, embarrassing, and tedious, but with more NPC soldiers milling about. Resident Evil 6 is thoroughly oblivious to so many of the things that make a good game these days
  38. Feb 9, 2013
    Terrible game, worst of 2012 for sure. just a lot of over dramatic cut scenes and quick time events with some soulless action between.
    You think ppl lie when they tell you its crap, they don't, my disc is destroyed, wont RE-sell it, as nobody should play this game.
    How can this on-rails crap be made from the same guys who made the amazing Dragon's Dogma?
  39. Jan 30, 2013
    This game made me yawn - it lacks proper Resident Evil pacing, feel and atmosphere. It tries to be another RE4 and fails miserably in it. I didn't give a **** about anything that happened on the srceen at all. There is no shop like in 4 which I personaly loved, only some kind of idiotic upgrade system which doesn't change **** in how you play the game (I had my doubts if I installed thoseThis game made me yawn - it lacks proper Resident Evil pacing, feel and atmosphere. It tries to be another RE4 and fails miserably in it. I didn't give a **** about anything that happened on the srceen at all. There is no shop like in 4 which I personaly loved, only some kind of idiotic upgrade system which doesn't change **** in how you play the game (I had my doubts if I installed those upgrades properly and when I understood I did everything right I was confused in why don't they work). There is no big enviroment to explore, find ammo and stuff, needless to say game has NO puzzles (well, it does, but only a **** 5-year old playing this piece of crap will justify their existence, they are that simple), it is riddled with ****ty prescripted sequences and QTE's (probably because RE4 had a little bit of those, but mind you - they were unexpected and paced in a way they scared the living **** out of you whenever they occured) which add nothing to the experience when they occur every cutscene and make you be constantly aware of them and absolutely unsurprised next time they pop up.
    Now excuse me, but I need my dose of Code Veronica's awesomness.
  40. Jan 20, 2013
    This is not Resident Evil. it has no horror, no puzzles and no atmosphere.
    You want a real RE game? then go dust off your old good PSOne/PS2 and get down with RE2 and RE3, or even better play REmake on Gamecube or Wii.
  41. Jan 18, 2013
    Here's a short review: Good story but game is plagued with bad QTE's and boss battles. Gameplay is average at best but I recommend skipping this game.
  42. Jan 6, 2013
    Where is the horror genre had always RE in graphics I prefer Resident Evil 5 and the story is almost the same thing about a new virus that ultimately cure as ever. Lost the horror genre and gain more action, but for fans of resident evil 1,2 and 3 this game sucks
  43. Dec 19, 2012
    Oh my, where to begin with the newest installment in the Resident Evil series. Let me just say that this game makes me nervous for the future of Resident Evil games. The developers have strayed so far from the games roots, it's almost as if Resident Evil is trying to be something it's not now.

I personally do not enjoy war type shooter games, and aside from Leon's campaign, that's pretty much what this game is, an all action shooter that looks like it was made by Michael Bay. It's just TOO over the top. Resident Evil is no longer the game I knew and loved. However, the developers straying too far from what the series is meant to is far from the only problem with them game.

Let's just start with some of the game glitches now. One of the most notable is in Leon's campaign where he's in the subway and has to avoid an oncoming train. Even if you're not even close to the train, a lot of the times you'll die anyway. One time I was playing and the train had already passed me completely and a few seconds later a cutscene showed of me getting hit by the train. And it sometimes happens over, and over, and over again. Very frustrating to say the least.

Then there's the customization in this game. I thought Resident Evil 4 and 5 handled this perfectly. Why they felt the need to fix something that wasn't broken is beyond me but they just ruined it in this one. You're allowed 3, yes, only 3 customization skills for your character, even though there's a ton to choose from. Sure you can make multiple sets for your skills but having to constantly swap them out gets very annoying after a while.

Then there's the gameplay itself. What was Capcom thinking while making this game!? This game is FILLED with way too many quick time events. Now if you're a fan of quick time events, this might not bother you as much but for me, it drove me nuts. And I'm not just talking about the QTE's when an enemy grabs you. You have to do a QTE to do almost everything in this game. I honestly don't mind a few here and there in a game but in this game you were doing one every few minutes or so. I mean really, is it necessary to have to do a QTE to open doors sometimes? Then the gameplay is always being interrupted by tiny little cutscenes every so often and really takes away from the mood of the game. This is especially most notable in Leon's first chapter.

After the first play through of this game I was severely bored of it. And I usually enjoy playing through the Resident Evil games multiple times because they're usually so fun! Perhaps it's because there's really nothing special to unlock in this Resident Evil unlike the older ones where you could unlock special weapons and costumes, so there's little to no motivation to play through the game a second time. That's right, even the signature infinite rocket launcher is absent from this game, for the first time in any main Resident Evil game. And there's no alternate costumes either.

The gameplay in my opinion, was just too dull, and yes too over the top at the same time.

Now the game isn't complete trash, but it's very far from amazing too. It's better than Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City at least. I do however regret paying the full $60 for this game when it was first released. I wouldn't pay any more than $40 for this.

It's a real shame too. When I had learned that zombies were making a return in this game, I thought for sure this would be the ultimate modern day Resident Evil game but unfortunately not even the zombies return could help this game too much.

Overall, I give it a 4/10. It's just not what I would expect from one of my favorite video game series, and an AAA series at that. Better luck next time Capcom. You guys have some serious planning to do if you don't want to run this series into the ground. Take my advice Capcom, stop trying to cater to the people who feel every game should be an over the top michael bay war shooter game.
  44. Dec 15, 2012
    It's not Resident. It's not Evil. It's a preposterous abomination in the long-running series. How on Earth is Capcom is getting a 6th Resident Evil game? With all do respect, I still love the series, although RE5 was a good but average game. When I watched the demo for the game I was like "What is up with dat?" There's nothing new in the game. With a new character added, Jake Muller, he'sIt's not Resident. It's not Evil. It's a preposterous abomination in the long-running series. How on Earth is Capcom is getting a 6th Resident Evil game? With all do respect, I still love the series, although RE5 was a good but average game. When I watched the demo for the game I was like "What is up with dat?" There's nothing new in the game. With a new character added, Jake Muller, he's exactly look like Grey Dante from Devil May Cry but with a mediocre campaign. Leon's new look was okay, not much. I thought Sherry Birkin's safe after the events in Resident Evil 2, but as a playable character? What's going on and what's with all the darkish screens? I think Capcom just picked up the wrong game. If Operation Raccoon City was a disappointment, so does this crap. Resident Evil 6 is one of the worst games of 2012. Expand
  45. Dec 6, 2012
    This is the first and probably only review I will ever post. I feel the urge to so so for RE6 because I am angry and cheated out of an installment I was looking forward to.
    Resident Evil has been one of the greatest franchises, some episodes are spectacular (re4, re1), some a little less original, but, on the whole, each game succeeds. I bought RE6 expecting the same, but all the good stuff has been discarded for nonsensical horror action that means NOTHING. Resident Evil games were all about contrast. You spend some time haunting the dark corridors, checking your map to access rooms and find hidden goodies and then you have a nice set piece against a boss or a horde of zombies. But when it's constant frenzy **** with bad camera work and few weapons, annoying partners and repetitive situations, it sucks. Gamers do not want to be babysitted, they want to figure **** out, they love being offered different possibilities to complete a level or destroy a boss. They want to choose, to think, not to suffer a stupid tunnel game that that feels you were not even a part the adventure. RE is no sandbox, but it had a great balance of action, horror and customization.
    The reviewers here are right. They are not haters. IF YOU LIKE RE, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. This is a botched job. Too much time and money were put on QTE, cinematics and map diversity, not enough on gameplay, plot and exploration. You can't even visit the great-looking maps, you just speed through them not knowing what matters or not. No mysteries, no characters, no tension (constant tension = no tension, you GD morons), no fun and no satisfaction. They managed to make the game as bad as the films. There was ways to go but they closed the gap with just one episode.
    I am older now, I have kids, I don't have a lot of time to play, and I always look forward to a little RE quality time. But I won't finish this game, I stopped in the middle of Chris and retard's campaign (why so many new characters if they're all so bland and idiotic-looking? Who cares?). Why waste precious time when you can get other good games or watch good films. I'll sell this game and buy something better, Far Cry 3, Assassin's Creed 3 or just a bunch of DVDs. I hope video games developers stop being obsessed with this type of gameplay and stick to what works.
    If it's not broken, don't fix it. If it works, don't change it. Improve it. Keep the game's identity.
  46. Dec 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. este es un buen juego, pero le falta algo mas que creo que en versiones anteriores estaba presente hablo de matar y destrozar zombies a diestra y siniestra en este juego no es tan fácil hablando de juegos tipo shooters creo que se quedo corto y el modo de juego comparándolo con el resident evil 5 a mi parecer era mejor que esta ultima versión actual que con su modo de ver el personaje moverse no están buena si tiene tecnología en juego buenos gráficos y la historia que muestra es buena claro despues de tantos años jugando resident evil la historia me gusta pero el modo de juego creo que lo cambiaron no se si por los desarrodadores del juego como tal en motor de movimento pero creo que se desviaron del camino con el publico que tenian que suplir principàl mente nosotros los viejos jugadores de resident evil... claro resalto y destaco la historia es bien como plantearon la historia pero no me gusto el modo de movimiento del personaje aunque tampoco que cuando juegas sientes que vas bien hasta que sales del juego y tienes que empezar de nuevo el capitulo es frustrante ya que si lo juegas en el modo mas difícil te cuesta por que tienes que combatir contra zombies entre golpes tiros y demás tácticas que uses para avanzar en el juego aparte los gráficos creo que pudieron ser mejor y también pudieron hacer un mapa abierto tipo gta eso le abría dado una tremenda innovación al juego Expand
  47. Dec 3, 2012
    This series is just continuing down hill. Pathetic. Resident Evil 6 reinforces Capcom's tradition of taking a giant load on this series. I would have thought that the failure of Operation Raccoon City would have helped them to realize that.
  48. Nov 20, 2012
    I seriously have to advise people against not buying this game. The overall experience for me was intensely frustrating and I will explain my reasons why; The game gives you an impressive dose of action but does not let the player overly contribute much to the gameplay because of limitations they have included in the game. The player isn't overly effective in combat and rarely ever hasI seriously have to advise people against not buying this game. The overall experience for me was intensely frustrating and I will explain my reasons why; The game gives you an impressive dose of action but does not let the player overly contribute much to the gameplay because of limitations they have included in the game. The player isn't overly effective in combat and rarely ever has enough ammo to actually take out all the enemies in the game (unless you are a good shot). Most of the game was spent travelling from one cutscene to the other, while some of them were interesting to watch they gave the player only the option of pushing buttons at the right time which gets tedious very quickly. The areas are confusing to navigate through and feature many places that look identical and you quickly become bored of the lackluster scenery (everything pretty much looks like black sludge has been placed all over the walls and floors). The zombies are fun in small doses and quickly become tedious as group after group become an exercise of trying to find ammo to kill them all; often I found myself just running through most of the game without the ammo to fight back. The bosses haven't changed from any of the previous games and the same process of shoot for the head (or the orange parts) comes back into the game. Basically, it is run, shoot, find switch or key, cutscene, cutscene, boss. One particular interactive part is worth mentioning; you have to climb a rope using L1 and R1, for at least an hour I was stuck trying to press L1 and then R2 in correct sequence, only to fall back down the rope and have to start all over again. Was this worth my time? Certainly not, and is certainly isn't worth my money to experience this. Time for a change Capcom! Expand
  49. Nov 19, 2012
    I've been an avid fan of RE since the beginning. This is by far the worst game I have ever played. After I made it through Leon's campaign irritated at the QTE's and ridiculous rope climbing sequences, I tried Chris. It's obvious Capcom wants to go the action route,(which they suck at) but I miss the good old days of actually being scared. To all of your who are saying Leon's campaign isI've been an avid fan of RE since the beginning. This is by far the worst game I have ever played. After I made it through Leon's campaign irritated at the QTE's and ridiculous rope climbing sequences, I tried Chris. It's obvious Capcom wants to go the action route,(which they suck at) but I miss the good old days of actually being scared. To all of your who are saying Leon's campaign is scary, it doesn't even compare to the originals. I can tell you from experience the only people actually giving this game a positive review are the ones who HAVEN'T even tried the original games. Once you guys try the REmake, then play this. This is disappointing. After about an hour into the second campaign I literally was so disgusted I turned the game off and haven't touched it since. I probably won't even beat the game. Capcom ruined one of my favorite franchises with this. Till they go back to the roots, I'm done with RE. Expand
  50. Nov 18, 2012
    Made by zombies for zombies

p.s. if you have a brains you will not play it
  51. Nov 17, 2012
    What a horrible game I bought it used but had to give it back and fortunately got my money back. What makes it bad? the poor design, the story itself is just boring, Konami should seriously bringing back the old days where you had puzzles and the game was really a survival horror not somewhere where you basically have infinite bullets just lots of action and 0 plot. Pathetic.
  52. Nov 13, 2012
    Absolute garbage: Here is a list of all the flaws i can think of on the top of my head.

1. Suppose a zombie is lying on the ground not moving, I take a knife and slash at it to check to see if it's dead. I walk past it and it stands up. Sometimes the enemy needs to go through an animation first before taking damage. I.e. they get temp invincibility. It was never an issue in re4 or re5 but it was in ORC and RE6. 2. Inventory system is horrible, flipping through my 10 different weapons looking for my shotgun. At least re5 you had maybe up to 4 weapons that are easy to take out. Not only that, cycle through grenades and first aid. You can have 0 grenades but it still shows up in inventory, forcing you to cycle more...
    3. Zombies with guns. Need I say more?
    4. Hand to hand combat makes the knife useless, makes the game silly, it's overpowered. 5. The camera is probably the worst thing, and capcom claims to address this but I highly doubt they will fix the main problem. The main problem is how the camera forces you to look in certain directions. Whether its to your objective, which was obvious to find because 1. It's linear, 2. You can hit L2 to show you where to go like in dead space. The camera will randomly act like an **** you can be aiming at an enemy but suddenly the camera will force you to look another direction and you miss. 6. Hitting L2 to display where to go is just dumb, that should have been the button to take out a knife/ stun rod. Maybe you could have had a map system, that would have worked!
    7. Coop = not horror because no isolation. It also means having to rely on the AI, and the AI may be better than re5, but that's like saying a retarded baby is smarter than a dead baby. 8. Moving and shooting justifies making the enemies faster and more chaotic, making the gameplay faster and more chaotic, making the game feel less like a resident evil game. 9. Most abilities are useless. Jumping of tables, big deal. Slamming open doors, useful in re4, but has no application in re6, rolling on the ground has 1 application (boss against debra in cart), melee attacks make knife useless.
    10. Boss fights are the same thing tenfold. You fight Ustanak about 5 times, Simmons 5 times, Chainsaw guy at least 6 times, and so forth. 11. Cutscenes that screw you over. Too many cutscenes. Half the damn game involves cutscenes, QTE, or running into awkwardly positioned camera.
    12. Oh boy QTE. The QTE are so horrible and overused it's like playing Ashuras Wrath or Dragons quest. Some of the QTE can take up to 5 minutes of your time. There is this one point where you hit L1 and R1 to climb a wire, which attached an elevator to the highest skyscraper in the world... you really have to try leon / jake chapter 5 to see how bad it is. When zombies grab you, I can toggle the stick until my hand bleeds and i still wont break free. Often times these QTE show up when you least expect it and you die. There are also many random gotcha deaths that no one would know about unless they played the chapter before. A good summary of the game is this: You walk forward, you trigger a cutscene, QTE, take out maybe 5 -10 zombies. Cutscene. QTE. More QTEs. Couple zombies. Dammit no keys. More cutscenes, running/walking, talking while walking, forced camera angle that screws up view, QTE....
    That is the entire game in a nutshell. The game gets a 4/10 simply because the game is playable for those who DO NOT play resident evil games.
  53. Nov 6, 2012
    Okay, let me start with the fact that I've played most Resident Evil Games, including RE1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Zero, Outbreak 1-2, Code Veronica-X, Operation Raccoon City and the all new Resident Evil 6. Resident Evil is the longest franchise I've played. I started playing it since I was 7 years old. In other words.. I know Resident Evil very well and I love it. Its one of my favorite franchises,Okay, let me start with the fact that I've played most Resident Evil Games, including RE1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Zero, Outbreak 1-2, Code Veronica-X, Operation Raccoon City and the all new Resident Evil 6. Resident Evil is the longest franchise I've played. I started playing it since I was 7 years old. In other words.. I know Resident Evil very well and I love it. Its one of my favorite franchises, if not my favorite. But getting to the point.. 11 years of my life, I've played every Resident Evil game that looks interesting and I've never been bored by a single game. Until I played this one..when I finished Leon's campaign I had to see the ending again because the first time I finished it I fell asleep. The game has too many unnecessary QTE's (Quick time events for those who don't know), The story line was dull and silly, Annoying slow motions, Outdated graphics, Not scary at all, Easy gameplay... etc, etc. I could point out flaws all day. It probably is one of the longest RE games ever made and it does have its cool moments but a long campaign doesn't justify boring gameplay. I just wish Capcom would pull their sh*t together and go back to the way they were. The direction they're taking with this game is not too good..and this is coming from a hardcore fan of the series. I even had more fun in Resident Evil 5 than all of the campaigns on RE6 combined and RE5 is not the best of the series in my personal opinion.. so that's just pretty sad. I wouldn't recommend this game to new comers of the series but if you're somewhat a huge fan of the series I guess you could rent it or borrow it from someone because this game is definitely not worth paying 60$. Expand
  54. Nov 3, 2012
    Let's start by saying this game is produced for being played at PC. Why?
    Because the cinematic controller dosn't fit PS3 or XBOX gamepad.
    And on PC it will be awesome to controll it with the mouse. (0/10) Is the story any good? connected to the series? The game itself did a really bad result by pumping tons of action in the beggining. I couldn't stand that and started to press
    Let's start by saying this game is produced for being played at PC. Why?
    Because the cinematic controller dosn't fit PS3 or XBOX gamepad.
    And on PC it will be awesome to controll it with the mouse. (0/10)

Is the story any good? connected to the series?
    I couldn't stand that and started to press select in every other video. You lost me there

(0/10) I do not care if the game has lost its horror. If u copied the control from RE5 had the game had probably received more positive criticism. One may as well not grasp everything that happens on the screen while pulling the angle 360 degrees to the left or right. It feels like you tried to do too much and missed all the little details that make a game great. In Leon's campaign there are doors you will find a key to but there is no key hole. Since the characters are too close to the screen it gets very frustrating to play. However, The game has lost the its horror but its probably not the biggest reason why the game got so low rating. The controls are the worst in the decade for a company like Capcom who should focus on making games for console.
  55. Oct 31, 2012
    Stupidest game ever Capcom mad orac and now re6. Both complete fails! I liked re4 but it got worse from there, now u can't even buy new guns!!!! I hope they dont make another one cause I'm not getting it. Total wast of my money and weekend. There now just rushing more re out to get money and they are getting worse! Take my advice, don't even rent!!!!!!!!!
  56. Oct 31, 2012
    Worst game of the series. The biggest problem is the cinematic controller which is more suitable for the PC-Users and they are glitchy. There are to many things that happends on the same time on the screen. The characters are to close to the screen. RE5 had balance in this and better controller that what made the game so good. There is no point playing this game if you liked RE5. There areWorst game of the series. The biggest problem is the cinematic controller which is more suitable for the PC-Users and they are glitchy. There are to many things that happends on the same time on the screen. The characters are to close to the screen. RE5 had balance in this and better controller that what made the game so good. There is no point playing this game if you liked RE5. There are keys to doors to go search for, but there are no keyholes to put the key in. Everything is just a mess with all the action. its just to much. Expand
  57. Oct 29, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is not a good game....there...i said it if you don't like that move on, if you don't mind then read on! Capcom said that survival horror is not profitable....well i can say one thing...you did survival horror a hell of a lot better than you do action games Capcom....well that is your Resi team does anyway. Resident Evil 6 tries far too hard to be everything and it just fails
  58. Oct 25, 2012
    i will be honest after replaying resident evil 4 and 5 then giving a look at this game i cant help but feel its all going down hill what made the whole resident evil /bio hazard was mostly being alone checking your ammo now and again deciding if to keep that extra box of ammo or the herb and generally the fact you did not feel like a superhuman who can mow down zombies in a snap.
  59. Oct 22, 2012
    I got Resident Evil 6 cheap from a friend of mine so I barely lost anything on it, but after playing it all the way through, I want a refund on both my money and the 20+ hours of my life I wasted on this travesty.

At first in Leon's campaign, I was starting to like the game, things felt good and steady, I felt like maybe I was getting into a survival horror experience, but then all of the sudden it just turned to crap, the game just kept throwing hordes of action segments at me that I just wanted to sprint through, terrible heavy rain like segments, awful quick time events and terrible controls. When I finally finished Leon's campaign I was massively disappointed.

When I went into Chris's campaign.................ah I won't waste your time, the best part about Chris's campaign is when you finally stop playing it.

Though Jake's campaign wasn't as bad as Chris's but it's still full of annoying quick time events and crap like that.

Now after you complete those 3 campaigns, you unlock a 4th one, Ada Wong's campaign, which I was very much looking forward to playing due to it being the only one in the game that allowed solo play, but my excitement turned to disappointment as her campaign was just as bad as the rest with terrible controls, camera and annoying QTEs.

Resident Evil 6 is the worst game in the main series for me and even though I got it cheap, I'm still reselling it, I don't care how much I get for it, because this game is just so bad, I want it out of my life.
  60. Oct 21, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is a game that does not get to the bottom of shoes to the first deliveries. The history and control are disastrous in this release. And are missing of terror situations, a better atmosphere, puzzles and best designs in enemies.
  61. Oct 17, 2012
    Tuve la oportunidad de jugar esto!!! Es decir Resident Evil 6, que de Resident Evil solo tiene eso, su nombre!! CAPCOM prometió TERROR, TENSIÓN Y POCA MUNICIÓN. Promesas que no se cumplieron. En cuanto a jugabilidad, hay que decir es demasiado horrible, aspectos como la colocacion de la camara, que en entornos o interiores pequeños o estrechos se pega tanto aTuve la oportunidad de jugar esto!!! Es decir Resident Evil 6, que de Resident Evil solo tiene eso, su nombre!! CAPCOM prometió TERROR, TENSIÓN Y POCA MUNICIÓN. Promesas que no se cumplieron. En cuanto a jugabilidad, hay que decir es demasiado horrible, aspectos como la colocacion de la camara, que en entornos o interiores pequeños o estrechos se pega tanto a tu personaje que hace imposible ver lo que tenemos a nuestro alrededor. Físicas Inexistentes, puedes deslizarte sobre una mesa o escritorio lleno de cajas, libros, latas, comida, etc, Y estas ni se mueven, ni se inmutan, tu personaje solo las traspasa, Otro aspecto totalmente negativo es el combate cuerpo a cuerpo, que esta totalmente desbalanceado puedes matar a cuanto zombies y enemigos quieras de esta manera. Municiones por doquier, en todas partes consigues Balas y si a eso le sumas que la mayor parte del juego vas a lo TEKKEN haciendo agarres y lanzando Patadas pues las Balas te Sobran. DONDE ESTAN LOS PUZZLESSS???? Dios mio!!! DONDE ESTA EL SURVIVOR HORROR??? Destrozaron una Excelente Saga!!! Esto no es un Resident Evil, es un Call of Duty en tercera persona!!!! En cuanto a los Gráficos, ATROZ, ESPANTOSO!!! Totalmente comparable con el RE4 y no con el RE5 no se que hizo CAPCOM con su excelente motor gráfico usado en RE5, aquí tenemos TEXTURAS CUTRES, UN BORDE PIXELADO QUE RODEA A NUESTRO PERSONAJE EN LAS CINEMÁTICAS, ILUMINACIÓN EXAGERADA. En fin un Desastre. Lo único bueno de este Expand
  62. Oct 16, 2012
    Everyone is writing reviews of how the game failed and lost its horror aspect. If you really want this to change you are going to have to stop purchasing their games. If you want big changes hit their pockets. If a game sells mass units they are going to milk that system until it can't produce nice profits. This is like people giving WoW mysts of panderia or whatever its called anEveryone is writing reviews of how the game failed and lost its horror aspect. If you really want this to change you are going to have to stop purchasing their games. If you want big changes hit their pockets. If a game sells mass units they are going to milk that system until it can't produce nice profits. This is like people giving WoW mysts of panderia or whatever its called an average score of 4.4... what the hell does blizzard care? They have 11 million people online. These companies are getting away with releasing **** games these days cause people are dumb enough to buy anything that is hyped. How about forcing change by forcing their pockets to thin out. Don't buy another resident evil until Capcom personally states "we have addressed the issues fans are having with our game and have gone back to our roots." You look at all these game titles that have been released lately, its 95% **** Let's change that. Expand
  63. Oct 16, 2012
    It's the first time I put a note to a game below a 5. But this time is that I have to put on the side of the negative reviews. There is nothing nice to see one of your favorite sagas is sinking more and more with each new offering delivers a worse game. RE6 is a very regular title, which people may like undemanding, but not people with a bit of discretion. I hope Capcom will echo the lowIt's the first time I put a note to a game below a 5. But this time is that I have to put on the side of the negative reviews. There is nothing nice to see one of your favorite sagas is sinking more and more with each new offering delivers a worse game. RE6 is a very regular title, which people may like undemanding, but not people with a bit of discretion. I hope Capcom will echo the low notes you are getting your game, and show higher quality next installment. Expand
  64. Oct 16, 2012
    I played through all campaign's inc. ADA. I have no intention of plugging through Mercenaries or any other extra content. Some moments were good. It was just better than 5 and that for me is not good enough from a franchise that I have enjoyed from its first iteration. There are ideas here, mainly taken from other games, but have not been implemented very well for which there isI played through all campaign's inc. ADA. I have no intention of plugging through Mercenaries or any other extra content. Some moments were good. It was just better than 5 and that for me is not good enough from a franchise that I have enjoyed from its first iteration. There are ideas here, mainly taken from other games, but have not been implemented very well for which there is excuse. For me the criticism of 5 should have been enough for Capcom to go back to the drawing board and make a game following some old conventions and mixing new to create a proper game and not just an interactive showcase which follows more the **** films than the previous excellent games. Storyline is there, characters are there and the monsters are there but this game misses the mark for me. Expand
  65. Oct 15, 2012
    RE6 is lousy as Survival Horror, is disastrous as shooter. And as a game is not worth a penny. Future installments will not buy unless they have the quality of the first and return to Survival Horror.
  66. Oct 15, 2012
    First comment that RE6 (like most recent deliveries) should not have been included in the main series (numerical), and not at all like the first title, it's a totally different game. THE RESIDENT EVIL SERIES WAS CHARACTERIZED FROM THE BEGINNING, BEING A SURVIVAL HORROR AND SHOULD HAVE REMAINED SO. THE TURNING INTO A SHOOTER, SHOWS A LACK OF TACT AND RESPECT FOR EVERYONE WHO FOLLOWED THISFirst comment that RE6 (like most recent deliveries) should not have been included in the main series (numerical), and not at all like the first title, it's a totally different game. THE RESIDENT EVIL SERIES WAS CHARACTERIZED FROM THE BEGINNING, BEING A SURVIVAL HORROR AND SHOULD HAVE REMAINED SO. THE TURNING INTO A SHOOTER, SHOWS A LACK OF TACT AND RESPECT FOR EVERYONE WHO FOLLOWED THIS SERIES SINCE ITS INCEPTION. //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// Focusing on this latest installment (Resident Evil 6), besides denying the genre that gave it life, can not even be considered a good game in its genre now (shooter). Where we have gameplay that is pitiful and a camera that lets you sold on more than one occasion, these aspects were forgivable at the time of the first chapters and more so considering the genre. But they can not forgive in current times less in the case of a genus (shooter) in which it is essential to good control and a camera chord. //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// Other negatives of note would be ... that there is little exploration, the few puzzles that give no shame, the atmosphere does not compare to that of the first titles and nowhere near the argument seems a bad joke with many inconsistencies.The only good thing to note would be the length, but of little use if the content offered is bad and boring. All this would leave us empty and soulless game. Collapse Expand
  67. Oct 15, 2012
    Resident Evil 6 is monotonous, boring and extremely bad gameplay. Are missing the atmosphere, exploration and puzzles of the first deliveries. Delivery is not recommended.
  68. Oct 15, 2012
    This game is ok at best. The online crossovers where you join up with two other players for a boss fight are really about the only good part of the game. The throwback to RE 2 in Leon's campaign with the gun shop is nice but that's where the good in this game ends.

The QTEs are a mess. Sometimes they fit with what's going on in the scene but many times they make no sense. The ones where you have to hit the button multiple times in one prompt don't make any sense. They don't reflect the situation your character is currently in.

The forced camera changes to focus on certain things (door, event, objective, etc.) while you are playing are awful. If you're mid fight it's easy to get taken down by the enemies that you can no longer see because the camera moved. Same with the fact that when it cuts to a scripted event during play, your character can still get attacked if you were mid-fight when the event happened. This is unacceptable.

My biggest complaint about the game, however, is the skill system. Many of the skills are pointless and just a waste of time. The main thing is that this only allowing 3 skills at a time is completely stupid. What is the point of only having 3 at a time? This idea that you have to set up 8 layouts of skills that you can change on the fly is annoying. Perhaps if you could change the skills in your layout on the fly then I could get behind this system a little more. All in all though, the whole system needs to just be dropped. The upgrade system from 4 and 5 were infinitely superior to this garbage. Instead of just having this "Firearm power increased" where it's some sort of generic power up, the progressive system where you could pick which aspect of each firearm was improved was so much better. You actually felt some sort of accomplishment whereas in this, I never once felt like I really earned anything because it didn't translate into the gameplay. You couldn't see the improvement.

Overall the game is ok with a mediocre story and some "neat" action/cinematic scenes. Being able to join up and have 4 player boss fights is fun, but there are too many elements wrong with this game. A broken camera, worthless skill system, a loss of sense and feeling of what made Resident Evil, Resident Evil. Even with the massive change that 4 brought to the series it still had a feeling that it was Resident Evil. The only thing this has in common with Resident Evil are the characters. Hopefully RE 7 will if not go back to being more like the original games, at least be more like 4.
  69. Oct 15, 2012
    I would say this game is far worse than Resident Evil 5's blatant attempts at recreating a Michael Bay, Gears of War style experience. Resident Evil 6 is an action game, not to be confused with survival horror, that runs on roller coaster rails. If the straight corridors aren't enough to detract you, the absolutely atrocious inventory system is bound to infuriate you. By chapter 2 or 3 onI would say this game is far worse than Resident Evil 5's blatant attempts at recreating a Michael Bay, Gears of War style experience. Resident Evil 6 is an action game, not to be confused with survival horror, that runs on roller coaster rails. If the straight corridors aren't enough to detract you, the absolutely atrocious inventory system is bound to infuriate you. By chapter 2 or 3 on most of the campaigns you will find you have to make the choice between ammo or herbs. Well normally that's something you may have to do in a resident evil, however you cannot simply throw away some items, store some items, etc. You have to carry around all weapons in a given campaign and usually that means you have to simply throw away an entire guns set of ammo just to carry an herb. That's unacceptable. Also items you currently own 0 of will still show up in the inventory, congesting your ability to quickly select anything. On top of all this the game simply falls flat. It has explosions, unrealistically dressed women who somehow manage to kill zombies while running around for hours in g-string panties. The AI is worse than a PSOne game's AI. No attempt was made here to satisfy Resident Evil fans. They simply want that Call of Duty retard gamer dollar and I imagine they hit their mark. For those of us that wanted to play a carefully crafted, detailed, immersive game Resident Evil is no longer an option. Thanks, Capcom! Expand
  70. Oct 13, 2012
    RE6: The most disappointing video game I have ever played. It's not as if there are no redeeming qualities: the game is beautiful, the audio and soundtrack are nice, the improved melee, healing and aiming systems and the ability to move and shoot are very welcome additions, and the return of so many well-loved characters was quite a nice touch. However, the game is frustrating from theRE6: The most disappointing video game I have ever played. It's not as if there are no redeeming qualities: the game is beautiful, the audio and soundtrack are nice, the improved melee, healing and aiming systems and the ability to move and shoot are very welcome additions, and the return of so many well-loved characters was quite a nice touch. However, the game is frustrating from the outset. Around half an hour of inane interactive cutscenes take place before gameplay begins and even once it does, it is immediately quite tedious. Once you finally get to the action (which, since action is the entire basis of this game, should not take so long) the enemies are far too often set on a predetermined course which, in order to pass you can just memorize. Although the environments are huge and spacious, there is usually only one path you can take through them, from which you can't deviate or backtrack. Simply put, it plays like a sidescroller, which in an age of games which offer greater and greater scope for how your gameplay experience can differ at each play through, seems incredibly limited and shortsighted. It doesn't matter how much content there is; if it is all predictable and uninteresting, there is no replay value.

Furthermore, despite the fact that the Resident Evil series has always been known for having cringeworthy dialog and voice acting, there had been a marked improvement in both in the two most recent installments. RE6 on the other hand seems to have regressed considerably in this department. What saved previous games from becoming intolerable cheesefests (except, arguably, RE5) was the fact that the protagonists were relatable and interesting. Well; Leon, once an levelheaded smartass has become an idiotic idealist with no common sense; and Chris, once a somewhat naive everyman has become an idiotic meathead with no common sense. They feel like Expendables characters.

Finally, the buddy system, while greatly improved since RE5, removes a lot of challenge from the game. Every time I'm near death, if I can keep going long enough, my partner can come to my rescue and keep me going. In fact, I often used this trick to not bother healing myself when I was low on supplies. Some may site this as a good thing, but I guess everything is a question of opinion. However, it's hard to feel frightened or isolated when you always have a lifeline standing by your side. For me, this ruined any chance Resident Evil 6 had at making an impression on me: every time a hoarde of enemies was hurtling toward me and I wondered, "How the hell am I going to get out of this?" my partner answered my question with her infinite ammo and I felt like I'd been taken out of the experience.

In all ways except the most superficial, this game is a colossal failure. Considering what the series has done to innovate video gaming, that is a sad thing to have to say.
  71. Oct 13, 2012
    I knew this game wouldn't be great but I gave it a chance and it turned out worse than I could imagine. The "checkpoint" system is so bad its annoying. You'll end up playing through entire segments you just previously played through if you die or quite ans restart the game. It gets to the point where the game isnt fun, it just becomes a tedious chore. Its supposed to be action oriented butI knew this game wouldn't be great but I gave it a chance and it turned out worse than I could imagine. The "checkpoint" system is so bad its annoying. You'll end up playing through entire segments you just previously played through if you die or quite ans restart the game. It gets to the point where the game isnt fun, it just becomes a tedious chore. Its supposed to be action oriented but they don't give you action ammo. You will run out of ammo a lot. Also the camera is extremely annoying at times. Just do yourself a favor and forget this game and franchise. I'm so glad I rented it... and even then I still want my money back. Go out and buy Dishonored instead. NOW that's a fun game. Expand
  72. Oct 13, 2012
    IN ENGLISH AND SPANISH TRANSLATION: Capcom, for you to understand. Resident Evil 6 is a video game that except for the characters has nothing to do with the first titles? Well, I do not buy it. Is it a game that usurps the identity of Resident Evil? I do not buy it. Resident Evil 6 is not a survival horrror? I do not buy it. Is it a bad shooter with a bad control and coverages? I do notIN ENGLISH AND SPANISH TRANSLATION: Capcom, for you to understand. Resident Evil 6 is a video game that except for the characters has nothing to do with the first titles? Well, I do not buy it. Is it a game that usurps the identity of Resident Evil? I do not buy it. Resident Evil 6 is not a survival horrror? I do not buy it. Is it a bad shooter with a bad control and coverages? I do not buy it. Resident Evil 6 is primarily intended to make money and not to please the true fans of this saga?. I DO NOT BUY IT. Is delivery no identity which tries to imitate (with bad results) to games like COD or Geow?.. I .... D O .... N O T .... B U Y .... IT ..........................................................................TRADUCCIÓN AL ESPAÑOL: Capcom, para que lo entiendas. ¿Resident Evil 6 es un videojuego que a excepción de los personajes nada tiene que ver con los primeros títulos? Pués no lo compro. ¿Es un videojuego que usurpa la identidad de Resident Evil? no lo compro. ¿Resident Evil 6 nó es un survival horrror? no lo compro. ¿Es un shooter con un pésimo control y malas coverturas? no lo compro. ¿Resident evil 6 está pensado principalmente para ganar dinero y nó para complacer a los verdaderos Fans de esta saga?. NO LO COMPRO. ¿Es una entrega carente de identidad la cual intenta imitar (con pésimo resultado) a videojuegos como COD ó GeOW?.. N O .... L O .... C O M P R O Expand
  73. Oct 13, 2012
    Developers Killed the game with aim while moving
    AND GRAPHIC ON PS3 IS AS ALWAYS DARK and looks like CRAP
    Its worste capcom work EVER i wery dissapointed!!!!!!!
  74. Oct 13, 2012
    Nice try capcom. See you in Resident of Duty 7...Call of Evil 7...Resident Evil 7...I GOT IT!
    Maybe Wikipedia help´s you guy´s out:
    Maybe Wikipedia help´s you guy´s out:

"Survival horror is a subgenre of action-adventure video games inspired by horror fiction. Although combat can be a part of the gameplay, the player is made to feel less powerful than in typical action games, because of limited ammunition, health, speed, or other limitations. The player is also challenged to find items that unlock the path to new areas, and solve puzzles at certain locations. Games make use of strong horror themes, and the player is often challenged to navigate dark maze-like environments, and react to unexpected attacks from enemies."
  75. Oct 12, 2012
    True fans of this saga are the strongly criticize this new release and not those who defend it. And the explanation is simple, this new release can not be considered a "Biohazard", because it simply has no basis to be. Biohazard is characterized for being a horror title, a title of survival. That is, a survival horror and not a bad shooter with a bad control. TRADUCIDO AL ESPAÑOL:True fans of this saga are the strongly criticize this new release and not those who defend it. And the explanation is simple, this new release can not be considered a "Biohazard", because it simply has no basis to be. Biohazard is characterized for being a horror title, a title of survival. That is, a survival horror and not a bad shooter with a bad control. TRADUCIDO AL ESPAÑOL: Los verdaderos fans de esta saga son los que critican duramente esta nueva entrega y nó los que la defienden. Y la explicación es bien sencilla, esta nueva entrega no puede considerarse un "Biohazard", porque sencillamente carece de las bases para poder serlo. Biohazard se caracterizaba por ser un título de terror, un título de supervivencia. Es decir, un Survival Horror y no un mal shooter con un pésimo control. Expand
  76. Oct 12, 2012
    And this is a Biohazard?. No way this game can be considered a biohazard. The bad reviews that this new delivery, are more than deserved. The title (Biohazard) it is too big. With next deliveries should return to the genre that made ​​this saga so famous, otherwise you will totally lose respect for Capcom.
  77. Oct 12, 2012
    IN SPANISH: Es una mierda de videojuego con todas las letras. IN ENGLISH: videogame sucks with all letters
    IN SPANISH: No tiene nombre lo que le hizo Capcom a esta saga. Siendo los primeros BIOHAZARD una auténtica maravilla y estos últimos la mierda más grande jamás vista. IN ENGLISH: No name what Capcom did this saga. Being the first BIOHAZARD a marvel and the latter the biggest **** ever.
  78. Oct 11, 2012
    This is delivering more bad Resident Evil to date. It's a game without spirit itself, chooses to be so much that it ends up being nothing. But most are still on time to NOT BUY YOU THIS NEW RELEASE, DO NOT BUY SUCH AN INSULT TO THE SERIES. Perhaps so, if we avoid that Capcom has good sales, then maybe someday decide to get a real Resident Evil.
  79. Oct 11, 2012
    I love Resident Evil. I even liked 5. What I don't like are forced, awful, obnoxious QTE's. Leon's campaign was the only tolerable part of the game for me and the only reason it gets a 3. You have to perform a QTE for almost everything. Dodging bosses, starting cars, climbing elevator cabling, and even fighting zombies. The majority of this game is QTE's and very poor third person actionI love Resident Evil. I even liked 5. What I don't like are forced, awful, obnoxious QTE's. Leon's campaign was the only tolerable part of the game for me and the only reason it gets a 3. You have to perform a QTE for almost everything. Dodging bosses, starting cars, climbing elevator cabling, and even fighting zombies. The majority of this game is QTE's and very poor third person action a'la Gears of War. The cover system is broken, worthless, and should never have made it past pre-alpha testing. there are several places where unskippable cutscenes will outright murder you if you are unprepared. Playing as Leon there were a few places where you need give Helena a boost to go perform some task while you hang out and maybe kill some zombies. She will invariably trigger an unskippable cutscene that allows anything you happened to be fighting at the time to walk right up to you and knock you down or trigger yet another terrible QTE. Your inventory is unnecessarily limited. You have to carry all your items at all times, but simply carrying a stack of each ammo type, and one of each grenade type will limit you to the point that you cannot pick up two herbs to mix. Forcing you to drop ammo or your last grenade just to mix an herb is a flaw, not a feature, in my opinion. Especially when you consider that this is not a survival game in the least, I never once ran out of ammo, or even had to change guns if I didn't feel like it. The upgrade system is an inferior replacement to being able to upgrade your weaponry. It functions like the perks from CoD. You may have noticed people constantly comparing this game to CoD and GoW in their reviews, it's not coincidence. They blatantly merged the two and liberally sprinkled with way too many QTEs so they wouldn't have to work on actual gameplay. Some of the QTEs are the most annoying things I've ever seen in a game. The way Leon has to climb the elevator cable in chapter 5... The icons telling you what to hit are so unhelpful as to actually be a hindrance. The one where you have to pan around repeatedly to start the car or to land a plane... It's really just abysmally frustrating and takes away from any fun you may have been having. I really wish I could like this game, but Capcom has shown me over the last year or two that they have forgotten how to make a game fun. At least the graphics are top notch so you can enjoy some scenery while you scream at your TV in frustration. Oh, the monsters are all pretty kickass too. Especially the bosses. Expand
  80. Oct 10, 2012
    At first I thought that it was just bad design choices, but it is far worse than just bad design choices. This game is so bad I cannot believe it.at all. If you are at all curious, then rent it, play Leon's campaign and then return it because it doesn't get any better after Leon's campaign.
  81. Oct 10, 2012
    I love resident evil and been playing all there games for years but I'm so mad I reserved this game, waited all this time and paid $60 to be so disappointed. I'm seeing mixed reviews but majority bad and trust me any one that's says this is a good game isn't a gamer.
  82. Oct 9, 2012
    Series faithful might stumble through for the sake of story, and perhaps to appreciate those few moments that recall when Resident Evil was at its peak glory. But this long, poor sequel is the ultimate test of patience for even the most dedicated.
  83. Oct 7, 2012
    Worst Resident Evil ever made. Steals ideas from Gears of War, God of War and other games and mashes them up into a crappy salad.

Here are the points in frustration and utter tripe: - Enemies swerve on purpose like the AI detects that your aiming so everything swerves and even heads bob side to side so you purposely can't aim. Aiming is bad anyway and this makes it 10 times worse.

Here are the points in frustration and utter tripe:

- Enemies swerve on purpose like the AI detects that your aiming so everything swerves and even heads bob side to side so you purposely can't aim. Aiming is bad anyway and this makes it 10 times worse. Sometimes enemies disappear if your online.

- Melee is garbage. Half the time you roundhouse kick into empty air and the monsters get you triggering a QTE.

- Your partner is no help whatsoever.

- QTE and waggle-fests for no apparent purpose. Lets just put these frustrating mini-games in there because so many other games have them. Time and time again something will blow up or jump at you and your randomly mashing buttons and losing health with not enough health items in the game.

- No ammo. No health. Get killed by a boss and select continue? Try again with nothing in your backpack because you used it up last time. If I can't beat a boss WITH my inventory how can I beat the boss WITHOUT it????

- Its a chore to kill anything. Half the time your just thinking to yourself....come on and die already, let me just move on!

- Did I mention you run out of ammo a lot? Well your inventory screen is just as bad. In an online game it does NOT pause while your looking at your equipment which leads to the below bullet point.

- You cannot use health without combining it in your inventory first...... and then closing out of your inventory...... and then......hitting R2+Square to put it in your pill case.....and then........you can use it by hitting R2. WHY???? Whats the purpose of that? Especially if you cant pause the game while your in your inventory screen???!!!

- Way too many QTE mini games...I think also I mentioned that already. This can stop the game for some people without any hope of finishing the game. Luckily they put in amateur mode that does some QTE for you but not all of it!
    Example: In one section I was climbing a rope like a rhythm game...R1....R2....R1...R2 and if you mess up you fall and start again. R1...R2...R1...R2....
    Then they throw in a monster that's climbing after you and if he swipes at you you need to stop and hit a random button combo otherwise fall and start over again.......if you make the combo and then resume the rhythm game but messTHAT up you fall and start over again. I was stuck on this for 20 minutes. It's insanity.

Capcom is trying to make Resident Evil something it's not and they are failing at it in a huge way.
  84. Oct 7, 2012
    The camera is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad. Capcom obviously needs to hire different play testers. Oh my good god what a bad camera. It is WAY to close. It needs zoomed out 300% and raised from shoulder height to above head level.
    Besides that, the graphics are **** 720p blurry textures averaging 24 fps on PS3, and that's better then xbox. Where is my PC version with superior graphics? Non existent without a release date.
    The game has no horror feeling to it at all. It is not even scary. So, that means it is a linear action game. Well, if that's its genre, then it royally sucks.
    Oh and quick time events..... Just plain stupid.
    I want me $60 back.
    The game blows goat balls.
    Camera problems and quick time events straight up ruin the experience.
  85. Oct 7, 2012
    Capcom raise the bar of mediocrity in every way ! The only thing we can call survival horror in this game is the fact to buy it ! How disapointing for the Resident evil fan that i was ! The fourth installment of the serie was spectacular, innovative, probably one of the best video game i ever played. I understand that a concept need a refresh from time to time but not this way !
  86. Oct 7, 2012
    This game, as a Resident evil game, is total garbage. yeah i know what you're thinking...the series evolved HUUR DUUHR!!! well yeah but RE fans buy this game cause they expect survival horror....if you still dont agree then i guess you LOVE the new Devil may cry and the new hack and slash metal gear. See what i mean? a video game series should be about a genre or similr genre to theThis game, as a Resident evil game, is total garbage. yeah i know what you're thinking...the series evolved HUUR DUUHR!!! well yeah but RE fans buy this game cause they expect survival horror....if you still dont agree then i guess you LOVE the new Devil may cry and the new hack and slash metal gear. See what i mean? a video game series should be about a genre or similr genre to the orginal, you wouldn't want a Mario FPS would you? this game gets a 0 for being that, a ZERO in today's crowded FPS and TPS online games...At least Operation raccoon city had real zombies Expand
  87. Oct 7, 2012
    The most disappointing game of 2012 Resident Evil "6" is a game that failed miserably in almost all parts,hype,anticipation,graphics that failed to improve,too dark to play,weird menus decisions,confusing controls,all bang and no substance,broken cover mechanics, game breaking bug that forced you to restart the game and more truckload of problem of this pathetic excuse of a big title triedThe most disappointing game of 2012 Resident Evil "6" is a game that failed miserably in almost all parts,hype,anticipation,graphics that failed to improve,too dark to play,weird menus decisions,confusing controls,all bang and no substance,broken cover mechanics, game breaking bug that forced you to restart the game and more truckload of problem of this pathetic excuse of a big title tried to be innovative and appeal to shooter fans and games that is 100 times worse than the outbreak of raccoon city.
    The only good thing in this game is its main menu interface so Purple.
    Really all those 600 employees must tried to kill themselves just to get a good idea into the game and then Capcom decided to cramp all those ideas both good and bad in the final product the result is you got one hell of a **** quality game.
    Even Retribution still have some originality of the old games,Resident Evil 6 just only got the name and characters.
  88. Oct 6, 2012
    Nice one Capcom you **** **** pieces of **** Garbage game and I don't care how long you worked on it I don't feel sorry for you. You ruined the series and spiraled it into abysmal genericism. ****
  89. Oct 6, 2012
    for one scary moment i thought i was playing new nightmare in the dark again,genuinley horrible controls where you stumble around bumping into things,almost so akin to uncharted 3's opening scene as too imagine that was the design choice.plus every single footstep is rewarded with a creaky floorboard sound that gets old after the first 8 seconds..

they got the feel rjust ight in resi

they got the feel rjust ight in resi 5,well done to the moaners taking it back another 10 years
  90. Oct 6, 2012
    That's the worst game i ever played. The game makes no sense, and completely escape the terror plot. zombies with machine guns? I feel sorry for those who bought this game. Capcom, i expected more from you.
  91. Oct 6, 2012
    Welp, what Can I say....

I seriously don't know what they were thinking when they made this. They took everything that made Resident Evil what it is, threw it trough the window and replaced it with 3rd person shooter features. I mean, seriously, zombies with guns. GUNS. What am I playing here? Where did all the unbearable tension from RE4 go? The build up from silent areas, only
    Welp, what Can I say....

I mean, seriously, zombies with guns. GUNS. What am I playing here? Where did all the unbearable tension from RE4 go? The build up from silent areas, only hearing your footsteps resonating in the castle main hall? Rings any bell capcom? All I can see is fire and explosions here. what is this? I dont even... Whaa..?!

I am simply wordless, I cannot stress you enough how horrible they screwed it. Every mistake they could have made when making this game, they made it. You move fast as **** you can aim and walk at the same time, you can sprint, you have a cross air replacing your laser pointer, health recovers over time, the game is linear to a ridiculous point (AKA puzzles are dumb and nearly non existent)
    melee attacks... Oh god... Why do you even use guns... The knife is useless as it can be, unlike RE4 where it was your ammo saver. ( Shoot the head, kick, stab, get item or not, we all know the drill)

Which makes me think, whatever happened to Ashley? I was kind of hoping she would have been Leon's side kick but instead we got Ms.WhatsHerFace which no one ever heard about nor cared about.

I didn't even bothered going through the whole game, it simply disgusted me how they defaced RE.

So to sum it up, if you expect a survival horror by buying this game, I suggest you get Half-life with Cry of Fear installed instead, its cheaper and much more fun.

If you're dumb and light-headed, have at it.
  92. Oct 6, 2012
    Horrible game. Is it too much to ask to fight zombies? I hate the controls and maybe I would take the time to see if someone actually made good controls if it wasn't a painful, boring and sad experience playing this game. Oops did I say playing? You'll almost never be doing that. Looks like they are competing with the crappy Gears of War sequels in a race to the bottom. I should haveHorrible game. Is it too much to ask to fight zombies? I hate the controls and maybe I would take the time to see if someone actually made good controls if it wasn't a painful, boring and sad experience playing this game. Oops did I say playing? You'll almost never be doing that. Looks like they are competing with the crappy Gears of War sequels in a race to the bottom. I should have avoided it after watching the Clueless Gamer by Conan. I guess I like wasting money. I have no way of proving this but I think this game gave me cancer. Expand
  93. Oct 5, 2012
    Like the movies, Capcom decided that money is more important than fan satisfaction. They strayed out of the original story line, puzzle solving, horror and ammo/herb management. All that is what made the old RE game unique, a gem at it's own right. RE4 was alright but you can tell this is where it all stated to go down. I played the new RE6 game yesterday, sorry to say but it was awful. ItLike the movies, Capcom decided that money is more important than fan satisfaction. They strayed out of the original story line, puzzle solving, horror and ammo/herb management. All that is what made the old RE game unique, a gem at it's own right. RE4 was alright but you can tell this is where it all stated to go down. I played the new RE6 game yesterday, sorry to say but it was awful. It didn't feel like i'm playing an RE game. It felt like I was playing Gears of war, Need for speed, and Tom Clancy's Hawx. A horrible version of those games too ( if you played Chris's story line you'll know what I mean ). Resident evil became a C grade game if not worse, just because the graphics is good it doesn't mean that the game is good too. The gameplay was bad, the story line was poorly written and not a lot of thought was put into it. It felt like they were in a hurry to get it done. Expand
  94. Oct 5, 2012
    I hate Resident Evil 6 it plays just like Dead Space 2 and Gears of War 3. Halo and Call of Duty and Gears ruin games forever and EA made video company more greedier it just blows my mind
  95. Oct 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After this lawlessness I will never buy a Resident Evil game.
    I wouldn't say capcom tried to copy any of other game series, they tried to copy their own ideas just adding inappropriate explosions every 3 minutes.
    I didn't noticed any kind of sane plot. It begins with simulated big bangs and it's repeated until the very end.
    "We will give them explosions. They love explosions at every second"
    Characters communicate only in monosyllables and it's quite annoying. it seems that neither I nor the characters themselves do not understand what makes them tick. They just shoot and go somewhere not quite sure why they need to. Then they meet other characters and then shoot at everything that moves .... and then explosions... and then again ...
    You can describe the plotthis way. The bad characters infected the planet guided by ridiculous motives. It's the end of the world. The good characters are trying to stop it and succeed. The end.
    Clumsy game mechanics make the gameplay to get boring by the end of of one of the four companies.

With original RE capcom changed beyond recognition survival horror genre.
    With RE 4 capcom caused the revolution in 3rd person shooter.
    With RE 6 capcom evolutionized the "commercial blockbuster" genre (as I name it).
  96. Oct 5, 2012
    If I wanted Gears of War, I'd buy Gears of War. I didn't have to wait three years and then shell out sixty dollars to play this cash-out piece of crap. I wish companies would learn that trying to turn great series into Call of Duty is a horrible idea in the end, but since it's Capcom, at this point I'm not really sure why I expected anything else.
  97. Oct 4, 2012
    ok so i rented the game before buying after seeing gamespot review. i have to agree with gamestops review it was a horrible game. if it wasn't a cut scene it was a qte. now im not one of those RE fans that are stuck in the ps1 era, but they really just jumped the shark on this one. they tried to copy other games and they did it bad. I refuse to give capcom any of my money with thisok so i rented the game before buying after seeing gamespot review. i have to agree with gamestops review it was a horrible game. if it wasn't a cut scene it was a qte. now im not one of those RE fans that are stuck in the ps1 era, but they really just jumped the shark on this one. they tried to copy other games and they did it bad. I refuse to give capcom any of my money with this abomination they call a game. its not just a bad RE game its a bad game in general. makes operation Raccoon City look like RE4. Expand
  98. Oct 4, 2012
    A game is not cinematical cutscenes less whe the gameplay is as terrible as it is.
    The only to blame is capcom and their need to overhurried one the most selling franchises but whe they care more about the money a less to get things right, and this is the result. Just don't felt for every children dumb comment who have the chance of playing it. Is as bad as to get most ppl angry with them.
  99. Oct 4, 2012
    As with the overwhelming sea of 0's before my post, my impression of this game is not exactly much better. I am a longtime fan of the series since 1997, and I am most certainly open minded. My range of games covers every scope of genre. If it's good, I am not closed minded enough to bash it for no reason. This game is truly a clear cut example of the classic term "sell out" and inAs with the overwhelming sea of 0's before my post, my impression of this game is not exactly much better. I am a longtime fan of the series since 1997, and I am most certainly open minded. My range of games covers every scope of genre. If it's good, I am not closed minded enough to bash it for no reason. This game is truly a clear cut example of the classic term "sell out" and in the process has become one of the worst jumbled messes in recent history. The story is not even worth following anymore, the tidal wave of cliche "action" and "explosions" is almost sickening. The controls at times, feel like they are actually an enemy that was not disclosed in the manual and are purposely trying to get you killed. Perhaps they infected with the "C-Virus" as well? The C-Virus? Really? Is this the future of this series? To continue on until they run out of letters in the alphabet? Resident Evil 6 sheds everything that brought it to the stage of success it is at now in favor of mass appeal. It's simply the truth. I'm sure there are people who will try to defend it against this claim, but at the core, I'm sure everyone knows this to be true. This is not "evolution". Capcom is obviously not looking to improve the gameplay. They are simply looking to sell this to as broad an audience as possible. Looking at most of the financially successful franchises in circulation today, Capcom took a page from each of them and tried to jam them all into one box. It doesn't work well.

RE 6's stage is on a simply ridiculous scale. Each character escapes death by mere inches an unforgivable amount of times for the sake of "trying" to get the player excited, which in my case, failed to do so miserably. I am at a loss at how putting in completely ridiculous events and story telling is supposed to be entertaining these days. It's not like these effects and set pieces are new or anything where the player will gasp in anticipation. They're tired and lost their effect years ago.

Lastly, RE 6 is about as linear as it goes. It really is the tired cycle of running 20 feet, watch a cutscene, press a couple QTE buttons, shoot an enemy or two, rinse and repeat. I wanted to like this game, and it's very sad that I have to watch one of my favorite series in gaming go down in flames, but RE 6 is the nail in the coffin for me. It's over. Thankfully, I still have all the ones before it, and Capcom can't take that away from me.

Having read the director's response to the negative feedback from fans, it's rather sad that his only defense is to claim that he can't do what the fans want. Really? That's a great stance to have towards the people that even made this series viable to create today.

Avoid RE 6. If you have any inclination to buy this, simply watch a youtube playthrough of it. It will be cheaper and far less aggravating on you. Put your money in any other action game on the market which is likely to be better than this broken mess.
  100. Oct 4, 2012
    This game is Operation Raccoon City all over again. I have the feeling both games were generally "completed" around the same time but simply not released around the same time to avoid confusion and/or competition. I even feel like they re-cycled some of the same ideas and even animations (e.g. losing your footing, being knocked down and unable to get back up.) You have to constantly fightThis game is Operation Raccoon City all over again. I have the feeling both games were generally "completed" around the same time but simply not released around the same time to avoid confusion and/or competition. I even feel like they re-cycled some of the same ideas and even animations (e.g. losing your footing, being knocked down and unable to get back up.) You have to constantly fight for ammo in a game where you're in a firefight. I understand the idea of conservation leading to tension, but this just gets frustrating. the devs ignored ORC's greatest idea: ammo boxes. You just click on it and refill and go. Instead I'm constantly chasing and smashing crates to unveil ammo (if you're lucky) running around hopeless. Like ORC, the camera and camera angles are awful. The game teases you with control then snatches it from your grasp during the heat of battle, only to result in your random, untimely death. The cut scenes and quick time evens are numerous and hurt the pace of the game. To constantly die because out of no where a QTE occurs, then having to replay the area is tedious. Beyond that, the death scenes are drawn out and can't even be skipped. Oh yeah, and you can't pause the game - ever. The skills are an interesting idea executed poorly. It takes forever to switch them up and should be hot keyed so you can change them up on the fly.
    The only worthwhile thing to play for, unlimited ammo, can only be unlocked by accumulating enough skill points AND completing all four campaigns. That's right - 4. You have to beat the single player Ada campaign as well. It's excruciatingly painful and mostly not worth it.
    Although the story intersections and agent hunt are interesting ideas, they are executed poorly and unrefined. The worst part about the story intersections are that it's a rehashed boss fight. Fun the first time around, it's rarely worth waiting the extra minute for.
    As for agent hunt - it seems like it's only designed for certain areas, meaning you'll replay the same maps over and over again. Some of the monsters are cool, but most are weak and execute attacks slowly & poorly. They should have instead allowed you to just join someones game - following them on their journey and making it more difficult, chapter by chapter. Instead you have to find a new game once that area is complete. Speaking of screens there are a million of them in this game. At least 10 before you even start playing. More tediousness as you have to constantly go back a screen because you were unable to connect to a game.
    Most people would say this game is for the mercenaries now anyway - and sadly they are right. Available from the outset, I feel like they expected people to jump into mercenaries FIRST racking up skill points to purchase skills for campaign. That's a fail and also a cop out. What made the early games great was earning the achievements, by either beating the game in under so many hours, etc. Besides that the mercenaries is weak and can't save this pile of stink. You get very few maps, unless you get the sacred ones from your pre-order. The first map is even very small and confined. The unlockable characters are unimaginative, and the costumes suck (I'm not a fan of costumes anyway. I think it's a cheap unlockable.)
    To release this game in such a state is a slap in the face as a consumer, gamer and a fan. It's unfinished to me like RE:ORC was unfinished. It had so much potential, only to be wasted. This one's a hard dog to keep under the porch. Buyer beware.
    Un-effin'-believable.

1. Nov 16, 2012
    Capcom continues to thumb its nose at long time series fans. Not only have they abandoned any pretense of tension and fear, they've dredged up tired old storylines and shifted the game solidly into Gears of War territory. Let the series die!
  2. Nov 4, 2012
    It's expanded beyond any plausible scientific explanation, with what is left being a cumbersome, grotesque mish-mash of disparate elements, barely strung together and about as subtle as a hammer to the thumb.
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    Resident Evil takes another step towards the action genre, and by doing so loses even more of the atmosphere from the beginning of the series. It's an ok action game, but the lack of focus is the real problem. Probably not for fans of the first games.